PDA

View Full Version : Moulds Trade Official

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TexanFan881
03-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Could the owners meetings be slowing down negotiations?

coachdent
03-28-2006, 10:16 AM
With that much interest why agree to a deal before being released?

This is the convential wisdom that people are seeming to follow. It was a similar situation to T.O. Why give up a pick when you can have him for free.

It becomes a question as to how badly the Texans want him and how do they feel Philly will come in. If they feel that Philly is not going to pay him big money and they feel like they can outbid the Eagles, then you sit on your picks, wait for the release and sign him.

If they really want him badly enough and feel him possibly slipping away, then they could trade a fourth or fifth for his rights and sign him.

The basic premise is that the Eagles will NOT give up draft picks for Moulds. They also would probably not blow him out of the water with a huge deal, again because of interest in Javon Walker. So the Texans are wise to sit tight with their picks and wait for him to be released.

The Bills are no longer part of the equation essentially. Moulds wants his money. So when he goes to teams like Houston and Philly, he is talking numbers to them. Those numbers will remain the same whether he is traded or signed as a free agent. If Houston can't sign him for the number he wants, they aren't going to be able to sign him for that number if they trade for him. The only way this would be the case is if the money in Philly and Houston are equal or the Texans are sure he will sign for their number. Then you toss the Bills a bone with a fifth rounder and take him.

I don't know the numbers he is asking, but in a perfect world he would be a great addition. Moulds and AJ are better than Gaffney and AJ.

Hawg
03-28-2006, 10:25 AM
. Moulds and AJ are better than Gaffney and AJ.

Thank you. You hit the nail on the head. Moulds is also a step up over Bradford, Mr. Butterfingers himself. Why did Detriot sign him anyways?

The Dream
03-28-2006, 10:34 AM
I've always been a fan of Moulds.....I can picture it now VY to Johnson and Moulds.....sounds good doesn't it???

coachdent
03-28-2006, 10:36 AM
610 Morning show just got thru interview Philly Beat Writer Gary Cobb. He had alot to say about the T.O. situation. He also touched on how the Eagles plan on using Gaff. He said Gaffney could easily if D. McNabb gains confidence in him have between 75-80 catches and he is bidding for the 2nd receiver position. Cobb said that they like the fact that Gaffney didn't drop anything and was able to get 55 catches from a QB that was running for his life all game every game. He said Philly wasn't going to throw the ball as much as they did last year. He touched on our DE signing of Kalu. Said that if he could stay healthy, he would be a great addition. Last thing before he left and bringing it up on his own was the Moulds situation. He said, he would love to see him in Philly but Philly is not going to pay close to what he was asking and if the Texans have the better offer, the will get him.

Gary Cobb doesn't exactly have the market cornered on NFL scoops. He is a former player and radio host who isn't exactly dialed in. I think he is being overly optimistic about Gaffney's production in Philly. He is quoting the company line from the Eagles and the expectations for Gaff. Time will tell, but I think his lack of production stems from a bit more than playing with a struggling offense.

Having said what I said about Cobb, I would agree with him about his take on the Moulds situation. I have stated it here on previous posts. Don't want to sound mean on Gary Cobb by the way. Just wanted to put the source in some perspective.

jacquescas
03-28-2006, 10:37 AM
I've always been a fan of Moulds.....I can picture it now VY to Johnson and Moulds.....sounds good doesn't it???

no it sounds delusional and devoid of any real football knowledge. Even if we did draft VY he would ride the pine for @ least a year or so and by then Mathis would have come on and we would have cut Moulds.

Moulds will never in his lifetime be on the recieiving end of a VY pass.:redtowel:

Hawg
03-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Not Butterfingers. Brick hands.:)

Nice!:brickwall

coachdent
03-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Moulds will never in his lifetime be on the recieiving end of a VY pass.:redtowel:[/QUOTE]:)

Not unless Moulds goes to the Jets or the Raiders!

thunderkyss
03-28-2006, 10:48 AM
IMO getting moulds will have us ready to win next year...it gives us a ligit number 2 receiver opposite andre and it might actually start some competition for the number 1 spot...

I'm with you here. I don't see Moulds as a #2 yet....... He still thinks he is a #1, and hopefully, will play like it. It might however, cause a little tension in the future, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Hawg
03-28-2006, 10:53 AM
]']Brickford..... drops another pass between the numbers or brickford tips the ball in the air...OMG interecepted! Glad he is a Lion now. He will never see action there.

He was 3rd string in GB and became #1 at times (AJ injured) for OUR TEXANS. Where is my brown paperbag?

Things seem to be looking up know though. We get rid of Brickford. We get Walters we get Bush. We hopefelly get Moulds. We get Putzier. A little suger and spice and everything nice. Sounds good to me.:drool:

dat_boy_yec
03-28-2006, 11:13 AM

No because right after that you'll hear something like. Oh and the ball was intercepted. Well, yeah but you can't really expect a rookie to acclimate to the speed of the NFL and lobs usually don't work. He needs to work on......

SnakeOilTanker
03-28-2006, 11:16 AM
I dont think we'd be drafting Moss after signing Moulds and drafting Bush

jerek
03-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Gary Cobb doesn't exactly have the market cornered on NFL scoops. He is a former player and radio host who isn't exactly dialed in. I think he is being overly optimistic about Gaffney's production in Philly. He is quoting the company line from the Eagles and the expectations for Gaff. Time will tell, but I think his lack of production stems from a bit more than playing with a struggling offense.

Having said what I said about Cobb, I would agree with him about his take on the Moulds situation. I have stated it here on previous posts. Don't want to sound mean on Gary Cobb by the way. Just wanted to put the source in some perspective.

Actually their predictions on Gaff sound really good to me. Provided he and McNabb do not get injured, I would project Gaff to finish with 60-80 rec, close to 1,000 yds and 4-6 TDs.

And sweet heavens, 15 pages of posts mostly about Moulds that haven't gotten off-topic on VY/RB. Impressive.

LBblitz
03-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Actually their predictions on Gaff sound really good to me. Provided he and McNabb do not get injured, I would project Gaff to finish with 60-80 rec, close to 1,000 yds and 4-6 TDs.

And sweet heavens, 15 pages of posts mostly about Moulds that haven't gotten off-topic on VY/RB. Impressive.
knock on wood

jerek
03-28-2006, 11:36 AM
knock on wood

I did as I typed it.

Quick: who will win NFL offensive rookie of the year this year? :stirpot:

TexanFan881
03-28-2006, 11:54 AM
]']Charley Casserly! We better get this thing done by 6PM tonigh.....:challenge

Laters people. I'd have a heart attack waiting here every minute.

Ya, really. I've got to go find something to occupy myself for awhile so that when I come back hopefully we'll have him. :redtowel: I know that's wishful thinking though.

Maddict5
03-28-2006, 11:57 AM
I did as I typed it.

Quick: who will win NFL offensive rookie of the year this year? :stirpot:

D'brickashaw Ferguson:stirpot:

chuckm
03-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Not sure if this has been posted .... nothing new in it ....

from www.kffl.com/nfl

Texans | Kubiak wants to land Moulds
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:01:49 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said the team continues to talk to the Buffalo Bills about acquiring WR Eric Moulds in a trade. Kubiak thinks Moulds would be a perfect fit for his offense.

TexanFan881
03-28-2006, 12:16 PM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060328/SPORTS03/603280347/1021

Half-dozen teams show interest in Moulds

Philadelphia tops list for Bills receiver, who's soliciting trade offers

Leo Roth
Staff writer

(March 28, 2006) — The list of teams interested in acquiring Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl veteran wide receiver Eric Moulds is now up to a half dozen.

The NFC champion Seattle Seahawks entered the picture Monday after a busy weekend of speculation on where Moulds will wind up, personal adviser Greg Johnson said.

Philadelphia remains at the top of Moulds' wish list, Johnson said. Houston, Denver, New England and Kansas City have also expressed interest.

"Those are the teams," Johnson said. "Each one has said they would love to have Eric. We have to work something out that makes sense to them and something that makes sense to Eric. It won't be so hard working out a deal with the Bills. I think they'll be reasonable."

After Moulds repeatedly refused to lower his scheduled pay for 2006 — a total of $7.1 million in base salary and bonuses — the Bills gave Moulds permission last week to solicit trade offers. It's believed the Bills would take a fourth-round draft pick for their second all-time receiver, who turns 33 in July. Cutting or trading him has a similar salary cap impact of roughly $5 million, but such a move would also represent $5.3 million in cap savings.

Before a Moulds trade becomes consummated, the Bills not only have to agree on the compensation but he would also have to work out a new contract with the team that wants him.

Johnson said Moulds likes the idea of catching passes from Eagles' star quarterback and good friend Donovan McNabb. But while the Eagles, who have turned the page on the Terrell Owens saga, like Moulds, they may not be willing to pay him the $5 million average he feels he's worth.

What team would be willing to pay Moulds that kind of money? Houston. While Moulds would prefer playing for a playoff contender and the Texans, a four-year-old expansion team, are not considered one, that team is appealing to Moulds for personal reasons. His family lives nearby in Lucedale, Miss.

"We're trying to figure out what the best situation is for Eric overall," Johnson said. "It's not just money or just winning. A lot of things come into play. It would be great for Eric to play closer to home so his mom can see him play. Over his time in Buffalo, she's seen him play maybe five times. That's a huge play for Houston and he likes the idea of helping a young team like that. At this point, he's got to figure out what his priorities are."

Moulds has averaged 78 catches and 1,065 yards over the past eight years. The Texans view him as a great complement to a young Andre Johnson.

powerfuldragon
03-28-2006, 12:20 PM
i've seen reports that houston tops his list and reports that philly tops his list. So who really tops his list?

i know if i were in his shoes, i'd probably choose the eagles.

Porky
03-28-2006, 12:31 PM
i've seen reports that houston tops his list and reports that philly tops his list. So who really tops his list?

i know if i were in his shoes, i'd probably choose the eagles.

At this point, he isn't a FA, so it really doesn't matter where he chooses, if the Eagles don't give a higher pick than the Texans, nor offer him as much as the Texans, he is very likely to come here. I believe he will be a Texan on Thursday. :redtowel:

Errant Hothy
03-28-2006, 12:53 PM
If the Texans really want Moulds, there best bet is to trade for him. I don't thing if he hits teh FA market he'll come here.

coachdent
03-28-2006, 12:54 PM
That is going to be big with his mom only seeing 5 games in his whole career.

His mom has the Dish like I do. She can see him every week! :yahoo:

But seriously, Moulds' agent is going to paint a rosey picture and the best scenario for every team. It is what agents do. I wouldn't read too much into the Mississippi angle any more than I would read into Moulds being close to Donovan McNabb and working out with him. It'll come down to coin. Mamma will have an easier flight to Houston than Philly so that's nice. But it's about Maybach versus BMW! Show me the money!:yahoo:

mike230765
03-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I think that would be great if we can get him so he could be closer to his family. Also he knows what kind of situation is here in Houston because he said that he wouldn't mind helping a young team. I think we have alot of potential if our main problem was the coaching staff because we are adding people that can step in now and produce. :yahoo:

Texas
03-28-2006, 12:57 PM
I would love to get moulds. He would compliment AJ very well...The only question is will he lower his standards and take #2 receiver money?

TEXANRED
03-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Is this a record for posts?

How many was the Orlando Pace thread? I remember it was alot. Hope it doesn't turn out the same way!

coachdent
03-28-2006, 01:13 PM
I would love to get moulds. He would compliment AJ very well...The only question is will he lower his standards and take #2 receiver money?

Not exactly sure what Gaffney and Bradford's numbers were in terms of contracts. But I think it is in the range of $2-3 million.

Considering the following contracts:

AJ - 3 yrs left at 5 million per
Owens - 3yrs for $25 million
Glenn - 5yrs for $20 million
Bruce - 3 yrs for $15 million

I would put Moulds in a category of 3-4 yrs @ around $3.5 -4 million a year.
He wouldn't make AJ money. He won't make Reggie Bush money. He won't make David Carr coin. $9-$12 million over three to four years. My best guess.

kingh99
03-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Thinking about it some more I would rather have a new and future start via the draft than this guy.

coachdent
03-28-2006, 01:44 PM
He won't come cheap and I would tend to agree as long as we don't draft kick returner - types who can fly but not catch and run routes. New regime... Hopefully we don't make those mistakes again.

Texans34Life
03-28-2006, 01:52 PM
The Texans should just gamble and pay the man his $$$. He can definitely help this team in a great way. :ok: :redtowel:

thunderkyss
03-28-2006, 01:58 PM

$5mil over 3 years, isn't really #2 money, He'll also get a bonus so that he will earn the $7.1mill he was supposed to earn in Buffalo.

el toro
03-28-2006, 02:09 PM
That has been the problem with a lot of Texan fans for 4 years now, too freaking impasiont.
I aplogize if you were joking.

I was referring to the front office's moves this offseason.

TexanFan881
03-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Thinking about it some more I would rather have a new and future start via the draft than this guy.

We have that in Jerome Mathis. Get Moulds for a few years and when he retires Jerome will be a solid #2 WR for us.

keyfro
03-28-2006, 02:29 PM
at this point in his career i think family being able to see him will be a huge part of his decision which is why i think he'll land here...we might have to give up the 4th round pick to do so but what player in the 4th round would give us the type of production eric moulds can this year...if i'm casserly i fly him and his mom to reliant stadium show them both around and treat this very much like a college recruitment where you get the whole family envolved...because i grantee if you get his family on our side he'll be a texan

Mike Kerns
03-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Don't know if anyone had posted this yet . . .

Patriots Notebook: Moulds' advisor says Pats aren't eager enough

01:00 AM EST on Tuesday, March 28, 2006
BY TOM E. CURRAN
Journal Sports Writer

The Patriots will have to keep the "Help Wanted" signs posted outside the wide receivers meeting rooms a while longer. Eric Moulds won't be coming to town.

Moulds' advisor, Greg Johnson , said last night that the Houston Texans and Philadelphia Eagles are moving more quickly than the Patriots to strike a deal with the Bills to land Moulds.

"It's not going to work out [with New England]," said Johnson. "The timing's not right. The only way it would get done now is if it falls apart with these other teams, and I don't see that happening.

"I know it would take longer to get it done in New England and these other teams want to know [Moulds' plans] and want to get it done quickly. I've got be honest with you, we'll most likely get it done in the next 48 hours."

The Patriots directly expressed interest in the Bills wide receiver. And the veteran Moulds, who's forcing his way out of a bleak situation in Buffalo, said he'd like to play for the Pats. But the Bills surely would have made it expensive for the Pats to acquire him -- far more pricy than the fourth-round pick they're reportedly willing to accept from Houston.

el toro
03-28-2006, 02:35 PM
The Texans aren't regarded as a contender (for obvious reasons) in '06 but it's not like they are on the wrong path. If they are competing for a playoff spot in '07 would that be good enough for Moulds? He can help the team get there. It's not like Philly had a great season last year, even before McNabb went down.

I don't doubt Moulds' competitiveness, but the talk about him wanting to go to a winner makes sense as a contender is probably more likely to shell out some $ if they view him as they guy who can get them over the hump into the SB. The Texans have a different perspective but it's a perspective based on winning ASAP.

O.G.
03-28-2006, 03:01 PM
The Texans aren't regarded as a contender (for obvious reasons) in '06 but it's not like they are on the wrong path. If they are competing for a playoff spot in '07 would that be good enough for Moulds? He can help the team get there. It's not like Philly had a great season last year, even before McNabb went down.

I don't doubt Moulds' competitiveness, but the talk about him wanting to go to a winner makes sense as a contender is probably more likely to shell out some $ if they view him as they guy who can get them over the hump into the SB. The Texans have a different perspective but it's a perspective based on winning ASAP.

I would also believe that in Philly there will be greater expectations for Moulds to come in an succeed much in the same retrospect as TO did. 90 catches, 1100-1200 yds with 9 TD's. Plus, Philly's fan bases is alittle less forgiving if he doesn't meet those expectations.

barzilla
03-28-2006, 03:05 PM
We have to remember that these guys have huge egos. The key is to stroke that ego enough to get them to agree. Moulds is probably thinking, "their offense sucked last year because they didn't have a go to reciever. I'M A GO TO RECIEVER! Therefore, I'm going to make the difference." When you look at just the offensive side of the ball you can begin to see things that way. Flanigan improves two spots on the line (moving McKinney over to guard) and adding guys like Putzier, Walters, and Cook may not be sexy, but they are slight to significant upgrades at key positions. If you throw Bush into the mix then you have an offense that goes from gawdawful to pretty good in one off-season. While this might be a rosy picture, you have to have an ego to be a borderline all-pro reciever for nearly a decade.

Of course, this doesn't address the other side of the ball. I think all of the additions on that side are enough to get who you want in the draft versus who you need.

Of course, the flip side of the ego thing is getting him to accept number two reciever money.

swtbound07
03-28-2006, 03:07 PM
We have to remember that these guys have huge egos. The key is to stroke that ego enough to get them to agree. Moulds is probably thinking, "their offense sucked last year because they didn't have a go to reciever. I'M A GO TO RECIEVER! Therefore, I'm going to make the difference." When you look at just the offensive side of the ball you can begin to see things that way. Flanigan improves two spots on the line (moving McKinney over to guard) and adding guys like Putzier, Walters, and Cook may not be sexy, but they are slight to significant upgrades at key positions. If you throw Bush into the mix then you have an offense that goes from gawdawful to pretty good in one off-season. While this might be a rosy picture, you have to have an ego to be a borderline all-pro reciever for nearly a decade.

Of course, this doesn't address the other side of the ball. I think all of the additions on that side are enough to get who you want in the draft versus who you need.

Of course, the flip side of the ego thing is getting him to accept number two reciever money.

Has anybody considered that maybe he is tired of being cold for half the season? A temperate climate might do wonders...i wouldnt want to spend my career in philly and buffalo

el toro
03-28-2006, 03:09 PM
The throws are going to be there for him if he produces. He should have plenty of one on one matchups with AJ, Bush, and Putzier also heading downfield on any number of downs. It also sounds like the Texans are willing to put up the kind of $ he is seeking. Who knows, maybe something will go down today?

dat_boy_yec
03-28-2006, 03:13 PM
I don't know if it's been talked about already, but did anybody else catch the chronicle's article this morning. It said no progress had been made. I'm not to good at reading between the lines, but does anybody feel this is a bad indication of how things are going right now. I hope I'm just reading to much into it and we still land him.

scarsdale
03-28-2006, 03:28 PM
they have to restructure his deal, that probably takes a couple of days

el toro
03-28-2006, 03:32 PM
There are two negotiations the Texans have to deal with: a contract with Moulds and a trade with the Bills. They have to reach an agreement with Moulds before they can finalize the trade with the Bills. I believe, however, that an agreement reached between the Texans and Moulds would be reported. I would also believe that it wouldn't take that long to restructure the deal. The key issues, of course, are the years, $, and guaranteed $ of the contract.

Of course, with any number of teams now expressing interest in Moulds he might think twice about agreeing to terms with the Texans.

The Dude Abides
03-28-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't know if this has been posted or not but according to Bills Insider...

Moulds Situation Nearing End? The adviser for Eric Moulds said that the situation should be resolved in the next 48 hours. It seems like Houston and Philadelphia are moving fast in trying to acquire the wide receiver from Buffalo. The Patriots are also interested but aren't moving fast enough to be in the race according to his adviser Greg Johnson. The Bills reportedly want a fourth round pick. Do you think that would be a good deal? Take our poll on our homepage and let us know what you think.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Is it true that this guy has been in the league for 10years now?

The Dude Abides
03-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Is it true that this guy has been in the league for 10years now?

False - 11.
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=4738

stevo3883
03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
False - 11.
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=4738

hes been in the league for 10 seasons.

this upcoming one will be his 11th. he is a year younger than TO

jerek
03-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Is this a record for posts?

How many was the Orlando Pace thread? I remember it was alot. Hope it doesn't turn out the same way!

Over E. Moulds at that. Wtf.

uhcougar08
03-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Has anybody considered that maybe he is tired of being cold for half the season? A temperate climate might do wonders...i wouldnt want to spend my career in philly and buffalo

Are you kidding me? Oh ya, that's the reason he is deciding between Philly and Houston because of the weather, so he can play in Houston's 100+ degrees, 100% Humidity, and nasty air. Well, well.....another genius post. You ever heard of money? Oh wait......that has nothing to do with it.

flappst
03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
MOULDS PREFERS EAGLES

"Although recent reports out of Houston suggest that the Texans are at the lead of the pack in the hunt to strike a deal for Bills receiver Eric Moulds, the Philadelphia Daily News reports that the Texans aren't one of the five teams on Moulds' wish list.

Instead, the teams in which Moulds primarily is interested are the Eagles, Patriots, Seahawks, Chiefs, and Bronco."

From ProFootballTalk.com

stevo3883
03-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Over E. Moulds at that. Wtf.

Eric Moulds is just as big an upgrade over our receivers as Pace was over our lineman.

TexanFan881
03-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Eric Moulds is just as big an upgrade over our receivers as Pace was over our lineman.

Especially when our #2 right now is Kevin Walter

Master Po
03-28-2006, 04:28 PM
From today's Phily News blogspot...

The Eagles and Eric Moulds' agent are also involved in some kind of dance. On WIP-AM last night, Greg Johnson said he talked with team president Joe Banner three times yesterday. "The sense that I get is that there is major interest on both parts," Johnson said. "Because of that, I believe that a deal can be worked out." Most observers suspect the Eagles will probably wait for Buffalo to cut Moulds, so there's no draft pick to pay and no pricey contract to assume. But I have this feeling ... Moulds says he wants to play here. The Texans are also pursuing him. And while Moulds' price may still be too high ($5 million a year for three years, reports say), that's getting into the right neighborhood. So is Buffalo's alleged request for a fourth-round pick. Remember, two years ago the Eagles pursued a trade to get another wide receiver (Terrell Owens) and had worked out contract details when Baltimore forged its own deal. If the Eagles were willing to trade then, why not again? When it wants to, the Eagles front office can get things done. The other top-receiver option would be to trade for Javon Walker, but Green Bay might hold the line and keep him.

http://earlyword.blogspot.com/

stevo3883
03-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Especially when our #2 right now is Kevin Walter

exactly. we can have a guy with like 900 career receptions, or 19.

jerek
03-28-2006, 04:38 PM

I think that is somewhat exaggerated though I agree that he could prove a substantial upgrade. Just odd to see so many posts in a single thread over a 10 year vet who has played a solid but relatively unspectacular career to this point, or is he better than I am giving him credit for?

I dunno, I would love to see a legit #2 across from Andre, but I guess I feel we have a young core with a lot of potential, so I am not as hot to get Moulds as a lot of people are, especially top dollar for a ten year vet. This is not one of those things I feel very strongly about either way, just an observation, that's all.

swtbound07
03-28-2006, 04:40 PM
I think that is somewhat exaggerated though I agree that he could prove a substantial upgrade. Just odd to see so many posts in a single thread over a 10 year vet who has played a solid but relatively unspectacular career to this point, or is he better than I am giving him credit for?

I dunno, I would love to see a legit #2 across from Andre, but I guess I feel we have a young core with a lot of potential, so I am not as hot to get Moulds as a lot of people are, especially top dollar for a ten year vet. This is not one of those things I feel very strongly about either way, just an observation, that's all.

Moulds excites me because he was highly successfull in tandem with peerless price, and kubiak said he would fit the system well. Im not sold on the potential of walter, and mathis isnt a #2. Moulds plus andre=dynamic.

Errant Hothy
Well for those hoping Javon Walker would go to the Eagles, leaving Moulds for as...atleast as a possibility, sorry.

Packers | Team will not trade J. Walker
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:11:26 -0800

ESPNews reports the Green Bay Packers will not trade WR Javon Walker.

dat_boy_yec
I wonder what it would be like if we didn't get Moulds and made a run at J. Walker. You think it would get a bigger thread?

TexanFan881
03-28-2006, 04:48 PM
I wonder what it would be like if we didn't get Moulds and made a run at J. Walker. You think it would get a bigger thread?

On ESPNews they said they'd need a lot of picks to get rid of him so it would be pretty big and I for one would be mad.

stevo3883
03-28-2006, 04:56 PM

you definitely aren't giving him enough credit.

hes a multiple pro-bowler, who had 81 catches last year from JP freakin Losman.

he didnt do much as a rookie or the year after. but since then hes had 625 receptions for 8500 yards in 8 seasons.

el toro
03-28-2006, 04:57 PM
It definitely seems like Moulds wants to go to the Eagles. Hopefully the Texans don't waste too much time on him if that's the case.

dat_boy_yec
03-28-2006, 05:01 PM
On ESPNews they said they'd need a lot of picks to get rid of him so it would be pretty big and I for one would be mad.

Maybe, but how much leverage to the Packers hold considering he has put his house up for sell and made it clear he won't play for them next season. Packers should be happy with what compensation they can get before they loose him the way we lost Sharper last yr. and Philly lost T.O. this yr.

Texans34Life
03-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Eric Moulds: Deal Could Come Soon

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Update: Moulds' advisor, Greg Johnson, said that the Texans and Eagles are moving quickly to strike a deal with the Bills to land Moulds, the Providence Journal reports.

Recommendation: Johnson added that he expect to get a deal done for the wideout within the next 48 hours.

Mightymike
03-28-2006, 05:56 PM

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Update: Moulds' advisor, Greg Johnson, said that the Texans and Eagles are moving quickly to strike a deal with the Bills to land Moulds, the Providence Journal reports.

Recommendation: Johnson added that he expect to get a deal done for the wideout within the next 48 hours.

i guess we'll find out soon

bigTEXan8
03-28-2006, 05:59 PM

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

That makes me excited for the mere fact that he could be a Texan. So this is what I'm thinkin'...AJ, Moulds, Walter, Armstrong/Mathis, that'll be a nice little core of WRs...JM:twocents:

Eyeguy
03-28-2006, 06:04 PM
That makes me excited for the mere fact that he could be a Texan. So this is what I'm thinkin'...AJ, Moulds, Walter, Armstrong/Mathis, that'll be a nice little core of WRs...JM:twocents:

Also,
Carr, DD, Bush and Putz. not a bad set of skill guys.

TexanFan881
03-28-2006, 06:12 PM
The fact that a deal will be done soon is definately a plus for us considering the new teams interested.

Mike Kerns
03-28-2006, 06:15 PM
does anybody feel this is a bad indication of how things are going right now

Nah. When it comes to working out a contract first, it can be lengthy. Look how long it took for the Jets/Falcons John Abraham trade to finally happen. I like our chances:redtowel:

aj.
03-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Maybe it's just me but if the Eagles are willing to pay anywhere near the asking price of 5 per, why in the world would he want to come here unless the Texans lose their minds with the coin? This appears to be a leverage deal on Moulds' agent's part. He's looking for a golden parachute and/or a sucker.

I'd love to have the guy here, but at the right price.

Texans Pride
03-28-2006, 06:45 PM
I think the longer this takes, the less of a chance we have at landing him. I think he's going to turn out to be an Eagle.

Wolfiegrrl
03-28-2006, 06:49 PM
I would rather see us use Walters and Armstrong to earn the respect of the opposing defense. To me, a guy like Moulds would only blow up in our face much like the T.O issue but smaller scale. Moulds has always been a me-first kind of guy. We really need to focus on getting guys in here that have the team-first mentality. Just my :twocents:

kiwitexansfan
03-28-2006, 06:52 PM
I would rather see us use Walters and Armstrong to earn the respect of the opposing defense. To me, a guy like Moulds would only blow up in our face much like the T.O issue but smaller scale. Moulds has always been a me-first kind of guy. We really need to focus on getting guys in here that have the team-first mentality. Just my :twocents:

I have said a similiar thing to this earlier on this thread... I don't want a piece of an old disgruntled reciever... I have high hopes for Kevin Walter!!

Sopranos
03-28-2006, 06:54 PM
As a non texan fan. Indy to be exact,i think Moulds would help out. But i dont see him fitting in the direction of you team. He would be a short term fix. You are building a nice offense with young players,i dont see Moulds as part of your rebuilding process. JMO

stevo3883
03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Maybe it's just me but if the Eagles are willing to pay anywhere near the asking price of 5 per, why in the world would he want to come here unless the Texans lose their minds with the coin? This appears to be a leverage deal on Moulds' agent's part. He's looking for a golden parachute and/or a sucker.

I'd love to have the guy here, but at the right price.

i was under the impression he doesn't have much of a choice. if the texans are offering a 4th and the eagles a 5th, I'm pretty sure he's ours no question.

kiwitexansfan
03-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Moulds is the one trying to swing the trade before he gets released... part of any trade deal that is sorted out will be Moulds getting a new contract.. No on is going to pay him S7.1m.... so it is pretty much entirely his call.

utahmark
03-28-2006, 07:10 PM
i was under the impression he doesn't have much of a choice. if the texans are offering a 4th and the eagles a 5th, I'm pretty sure he's ours no question.

he may have some type of no trade clause. sounds like he is the one deciding where to go.

stevo3883
Moulds is the one trying to swing the trade before he gets released... part of any trade deal that is sorted out will be Moulds getting a new contract.. No on is going to pay him S7.1m.... so it is pretty much entirely his call.

i understand that, but if we're offering a 4th & the eagles a 5th, and we're both offering around the same cash, why would the bills choose to trade him for a lower return?

TexansTrueFan
i will be happy if we get moulds but not dissapointed if we dont. He'd be nice to have but we can live without him IMO

Erratic Assassin
03-28-2006, 07:16 PM
He's looking for a golden parachute and/or a sucker.

I guess that means it's safe to buy my Texans Moulds jersey.

rockabilly
03-28-2006, 07:28 PM
We need some veteren leadership in the WR dept. I really hope we land Moulds. Our offense will be amazing next year. Almost TOO much talent (assuming we have Bush)

thunderkyss
03-28-2006, 07:29 PM
I would also believe that in Philly there will be greater expectations for Moulds to come in an succeed much in the same retrospect as TO did. 90 catches, 1100-1200 yds with 9 TD's. Plus, Philly's fan bases is alittle less forgiving if he doesn't meet those expectations.

I'd bet guys like T.O., and hopefully Moulds could care less about what the fans expect..... not in a bad way. They are driven to be the best, their gauge, is the $$ on the contract.

exactly. we can have a guy with like 900 career receptions, or 19.

I admit, I'm not a big fan of Eric Moulds.... so I don't know what kind of guy he is. But, looking at a players past history, without knowing the guy, is about as risky as buying stock based on past history. From what I see, his production has been going down.... sure, Losman is a joke(my Opinion), but is he the kind of guy that corners fear?? Maybe, Kubiak sees something in Walter, to make him think his stock is on the rise.

That's right.... the Bills have control of where Moulds will play next year. I think it's a move in our best interest, to have a deal in place, before the actual trade goes down...... Remember T.O. & Baltimore two years back?? SF made the deal with the Ravens...... Terrell pitched a fit...... if Baltimore wanted to, they could have "forced" Terrell to play for them, he didn't have a choice....... Baltimore though thought it would be more of a headache, and dissolved their deal, opening the door for Philly.

IF, Eric and his Agent stall long enough 'till the Bills has to let him go, then their is going to be a bidding war I hope we don't get involved in. At least E.M. & his agent believe their will be a bidding war.

IMHO, I think we should force the issue, trade our #4 to get him. If he wants to pitch a fit, I'd hold him to that contract, and see what how Bad the Eagles want him.

If Kubes still wants this "established #2", a bad idea IMHO, then he should get Charley to flash our #1 GreenBays way. We give GB our #1, and a #4 next year. We get Jevon, their #1, their #3 this year, and their #3 next year.

i will be happy if we get moulds but not dissapointed if we dont. He'd be nice to have but we can live without him IMO

Personally, I think we are wasting time & energy. I don't believe Moulds is so special, and I think if you give David time, he'll be able to find Armstrong & Mathis just as easily as he can find Moulds.

spence425
03-28-2006, 07:30 PM
don't know if anyone has said this...but i don't know if we want moulds. he's going to want to be number one, no doubt about it. i think he and AJ might butt heads.....

dalemurphy
03-28-2006, 07:32 PM
i understand that, but if we're offering a 4th & the eagles a 5th, and we're both offering around the same cash, why would the bills choose to trade him for a lower return?

nobody will trade for him under his current contract. therefore, the only way Buffalo can get anything from another team is if they reach a contract agreement with him first. In other words, we are willing to give Buffalo a pick for Moulds only after we agree with his agent on a contract... Only the one team he reaches an agreement with will offer anything in trade. Then, Buffalo's only decision is whether to do the trade or release him.

aj.
03-28-2006, 07:36 PM

You're missing one small detail -- actually a big one (the new contract).

Moulds and his agent will follow the money. If the Texans offer a 4th to Buffalo, and a new three year deal to Moulds worth 15 million; while the Eagles offer a 5th to Buffalo, and a three year deal to Moulds worth 18 million, I'm sure that Moulds' agent will convince Buffalo that settling for a 5th instead of a 4th is a far cry better than the 7+ million that the Bills would have to pay him in a few months. Plus, a 5th rounder is better than nothing, which is exactly what the Bills would get for Moulds if they don't trade him and simply release him before his bonus is due.

hollywood_texan
03-28-2006, 07:46 PM
You're missing one small detail -- actually a big one (the new contract).

Moulds and his agent will follow the money. If the Texans offer a 4th to Buffalo, and a new three year deal to Moulds worth 15 million; while the Eagles offer a 5th to Buffalo, and a three year deal to Moulds worth 18 million, I'm sure that Moulds' agent will convince Buffalo that settling for a 5th instead of a 4th is a far cry better than the 7+ million that the Bills would have to pay him in a few months. Plus, a 5th rounder is better than nothing, which is exactly what the Bills would get for Moulds if they don't trade him and simply release him before his bonus is due.

Nice point, the subtle nusances of getting a deal done and paying less.

I hope our Front Office takes advantage of similar situations when they present themselves.

YoungTexanFan
03-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Moulds would be interested in playing for Houston, even though the Texans are coming off an NFL-worst 2-14 finish and haven't had a winning record in their five seasons.

Houston is close to Moulds' native Mississippi, which would allow his family to see him play more often. Moulds would complement a Texans offense that already has a solid receiver in Andre Johnson and has the opportunity to draft USC running back and Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in next month's draft. From NFL.com

He's really wantin' to come? Or does Buffalo want our #4 pick or both what do ya'll say?! Screw it lets party.:party:

what kind of geography book are they using???

Mississippi is not that close to Houston at all.

dirty steve
03-28-2006, 07:58 PM
closer than buffalo or philadelphia.

TEXANS84
03-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Moulds had a reputation for causing a stink to be a #1 reciever in Buffalo. If he comes to Houston, he'll be a #2 again.

I'm guessing he'll be an Eagle by tomorrow evening.

TMac48
03-28-2006, 08:20 PM
]']Okay then....Where is Jevon Walker at? Burleson still a FA? Fact is we need pressure off AJ? Rookie WR might have problems demanding extra attention from safeties. :stirpot:
How bout Price?

tulexan
03-28-2006, 08:20 PM

Well it is only 8 or 9 hours away and considering that he plays in Buffalo and the other candidates are Philly and New England. Mississippi is pretty close to Houston compared to the other cities.

texansfan1974
03-28-2006, 08:25 PM
]']Okay then....Where is Jevon Walker at? Burleson still a FA? Fact is we need pressure off AJ? Rookie WR might have problems demanding extra attention from safeties. :stirpot:
Burleson sign an offer sheet with the Seahawks so he's gone and the Packers say they are not going to trade J. walker.

DRAMA
03-28-2006, 08:44 PM
If Eric Moulds comes here, we have a 1A and a 1B and I don't think Andre can automatically claim 1A. Don't get me wrong, AJ is a freaking stud...but he still has to do it. Eric Moulds made that crap QB in Buff look decent. Having those two opposite sides will do nothing but help.

Kubes knows he needs a #2 - he NEEDS to get Moulds in here and let's end this thing.

jacquescas
03-28-2006, 09:18 PM
what he does for AJ's numbers will be more than his impact. I could see 80 rec 800 yards and like 6 TDs but AJ would get freed up alot more.

outofhnd
03-28-2006, 09:24 PM
I think they are stalling to see if Philly will match us on the offer. I dont know how much philly can offer him given they signed Darren howard to a crazy deal. Also i think weather more than distance is the reason Moulds mom could see him play in houston, at 5-6 mil a year you cant tell me he can't afford transportation for his family.

Anyhow No telling, Id be willing to bet he does not want to get released, because his value will go way down.

Javon Walker represented by Drew Rosenhaus... Need I say more? The Packers are not gonna be a great team anyway I could see them hold onto him out of sheer spite.

uhcougar08
03-28-2006, 09:28 PM
And I imagine we'll get him, plain and simple, he'll help ol' AJ out a lot more than u people think so..really.:twocents:

Im sorry, the more I read, the more I am becoming discouraged that he will sign with the Feagles. I have not seen any updated news saying the Texans are even in his interests. If you read between the lines, I think this one is lost. Looks like we will find a number #2 in the draft. No harm in trying though. He would have been a nice addition.

TexanSam
03-28-2006, 09:30 PM
I hope the Texans aren't having second thoughts about this. I would definately give up the 4th round pick for Moulds. Hell, I'd give up one of our 3rd round picks for him. He's much better than any player we're liable to get in either of those rounds. Moulds and AJ is a much, much, much better tandem than AJ and some rookie. I would be willing to overpay slightly for him. If he wants an Isaac Bruce contract, then give him 3 years $15 million. Give him 3 years $17 million, but get him!

I didn't think Moulds would want to come to Houston because I believed he still wanted to be a #1. Maybe he think's he'll be a #1, maybe he feels him and AJ are on the same level, whatever the case may be, but he is a more 2nd reciever than Bradford and Gaffney were combined. Get Moulds! Heck, hook him up with a cheerleader if that's the tipping point. Get him!

The Dude Abides
03-28-2006, 09:41 PM
I think they are stalling to see if Philly will match us on the offer. I dont know how much philly can offer him given they signed Darren howard to a crazy deal. Also i think weather more than distance is the reason Moulds mom could see him play in houston, at 5-6 mil a year you cant tell me he can't afford transportation for his family.

Anyhow No telling, Id be willing to bet he does not want to get released, because his value will go way down.

Javon Walker represented by Drew Rosenhaus... Need I say more? The Packers are not gonna be a great team anyway I could see them hold onto him out of sheer spite.

Walker hired Rosenhuas in 2004. He later fired him after he got injured last year. He has a new agent now.

texman8
03-28-2006, 09:49 PM

Depending what part of Ms. a 6to 8 hour car trip...

GhostRaider2006
03-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Was there anything new from Berman tonight. I missed the first part of his report and only caught the Rockets announcement of their replacement for Carol Dawson.

flappst
03-28-2006, 10:02 PM
No, nothing at all about the Texans

LBblitz
03-28-2006, 10:04 PM
I hope the Texans aren't having second thoughts about this. I would definately give up the 4th round pick for Moulds. Hell, I'd give up one of our 3rd round picks for him. He's much better than any player we're liable to get in either of those rounds. Moulds and AJ is a much, much, much better tandem than AJ and some rookie. I would be willing to overpay slightly for him. If he wants an Isaac Bruce contract, then give him 3 years $15 million. Give him 3 years $17 million, but get him!

I didn't think Moulds would want to come to Houston because I believed he still wanted to be a #1. Maybe he think's he'll be a #1, maybe he feels him and AJ are on the same level, whatever the case may be, but he is a more 2nd reciever than Bradford and Gaffney were combined. Get Moulds! Heck, hook him up with a cheerleader if that's the tipping point. Get him!
we still have to pay for four first day draft picks (three if we trade one to the bills) so the cheaper we get him the better.

kiwitexansfan
03-28-2006, 10:08 PM

i definitely don't like giving up a high 3rd in a strong draft for a 33yr old.
Especially if he wants a big pay day still.

bdiddy
03-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Pure Speculation

Latest =

Eagles are offering a 6th (heavily favoring waiting until Moulds is released) and a 3 year contract worth $10.5 million.

Texans are offering a 4th and a three year K worth $15.5 million.

Should be done by Thursday.

Porky
03-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Pure Speculation

Latest =

Eagles are offering a 6th (heavily favoring waiting until Moulds is released) and a 3 year contract worth $10.5 million.

I hope we get r done. But, if the Eagles are offering a 6th, why the heck don't we offer a 5th? Why go two rounds higher. I would do it for a 4th if needed, but I MUCH prefer giving up our 5th. That first pick on day 2 can have some real value, especially as trade bait. Either way, he is worth it. We would have one of the better WR tandems in the league, and our overall skill position players as a group would be one of the best in the NFL. I'm already feeling Mouldy! :yahoo:

uhcougar08
03-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Still shorter than Philly. But once again a plus for him comin' to this great organization of winners.:redtowel:

What is that red flag for? Dude, your not making any friends here. You sure you are not a Cowboy fan?

Texans34Life
03-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Update -

Eagles | Team has some level of interest in Moulds
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:52:35 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have some level of interest in Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds, but that the wide receiver's representatives initiated the conversations with the team rather than the other way around, according to a league source. Greg Johnson, who represents Moulds along with agent Harry Henderson, said the wide receiver's first choice is Philadelphia. Though the Bills are trying to trade Moulds, it's far more likely that they'll release him before they have to pay a $1 million roster bonus in July.

Texans Pride
03-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Pure Speculation

Latest =

Pure speculation as to what the teams are offering or pure speculation regarding when a deal will be done by? Are the numbers you are showing factual or your opinion? Thanks for the clarification!

kcwilson
03-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Pure speculation as to what the teams are offering or pure speculation regarding when a deal will be done by? Are the numbers you are showing factual or your opinion? Thanks for the clarification!

As to what teams are offering I am sure... The amounts may be off, but in theory the fact hat the Texans have been offering more than anyone I have heard. There haven't been any numbers really publicized because ultimately, he'll be released and we can probably grab him with a sweeter offer. And if you were a playr facing release, would you want the team you are going to to give up a additional draft choice if you could just sign there in a short while anyways?

Why send yourself to an organization and cost your team when you could likely go for free and potentially help out your team with the additional pick?

Texas
03-28-2006, 10:46 PM
**** if we get him and add Bush...Talk about a Unstoppable O...That is if Carr proves to be what kubiak thinks he is.

TEXANS84
03-28-2006, 10:47 PM
]']Why does he want to go to the eagles?

Friends with Donovan McNabb.

Koolbrz
03-28-2006, 10:54 PM
I say we go after J. Walker. He is younger than Moulds and A far more talented reciever. What ever they are planning on paying him, (Moulds) , they should throw out at Walker and see what he thinks. He is from Galveston and might like the fact that AJ is on the other side of the field. Defenses will not be able to double team either guy. Heck, they do not have to be #1 and #2. They can both be #1's. What a tandem!! If they could pull this off that is.

el toro
03-28-2006, 10:55 PM
The way I read it, if he wants to go to Philly, he goes there. The Eagles, wisely, are seeing how much it is worth it to him to be an Eagle. There's not much the Texans can do if he's willing to leave a substantial amount of $ on the table to be an Eagle.

It doesn't sound like the Eagles wanted him that bad to begin with, though.

If it's true that Moulds' camp wants to get this over within 2 days, that's great. Much better than having to wait until July when that bonus is due.

Another item is how much are the Texans guaranteeing versus what the Eagles are guaranteeing. Sure, I see above a rumor that the Eagles are offering $10.5 mil while the Texans are offering $15.5 mil, both over 3 years. But how much of each of those offers is guaranteed?

Anyways, make up your mind already.

TEXANS84
03-28-2006, 10:56 PM
I say we go after J. Walker. He is younger than Moulds and A far more talented reciever. What ever they are planning on paying him, (Moulds) , they should throw out at Walker and see what he thinks.

Walker is a #1 reciever and will want #1 money. If Burleson can get 49 million, what do you think Walker would want.

kcwilson
03-28-2006, 10:58 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and say we get him.:spy: :redtowel:

Eric Moulds = Rod Tidwell JUST SHOW HIM THE MONEY!

Koolbrz
03-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Walker is a #1 reciever and will want #1 money. If Burleson can get 49 million, what do you think Walker would want.

Walker is younger, Moulds is what 33 yrs old. Who would you rather have, besides he is coming off of a season ending injury. He will want to be paid, but i don't think it will be for Burleson type money. I don't see anyone willing to give a player coming back from a serious injury that kind of money. Heck we can offer what they offered D. Givens. He just might accept. Compared to what he is getting now, which is peanuts, he might do it. (accept the offer)

Section 620
03-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Well for those hoping Javon Walker would go to the Eagles, leaving Moulds for as...atleast as a possibility, sorry.

Packers | Team will not trade J. Walker
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:11:26 -0800

ESPNews reports the Green Bay Packers will not trade WR Javon Walker.

Walker does not appear to be an option any longer:brickwall

Texans Pride
03-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Both sides are having a face off right now....Someone is going to budge. I don't think Walker will be playing in Green Bay this year.

Seņor Stan
03-28-2006, 11:26 PM
You would think that the Eagles have had enough of disgruntled 32 year old receivers who are demanding trades.

el toro
03-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Speculation...The press is on the Eagles right now. That's where Moulds wants to go. They know that and are probably lowballing him. That's where the Texans come in. Moulds needs a credible threat and if the Texans are offering more $, he's got that. Hence the mention of the 48 hour window for a decision. Moulds has to force the Eagles' hand.

In the end, I don't see a good resolution for the Texans. They are likely being used at the moment. The only way they can trump it is if they raise their offer. But at some point they will encounter the winner's curse.

Mike Kerns
03-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Nothing new ?

.......We're getting Carlos Beltran'd, aren't we ?

jacquescas
03-29-2006, 08:31 AM
I think what is happening is Moulds tried to use us for leverage against the eagles and it backfired because the eagles didn't make a big push.

Now Moulds is deciding weather to come here or try and find another suitor.

my :twocents: is that he will be a Texan by the end of the week.

U4ikrob
03-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Both sides are having a face off right now....Someone is going to budge. I don't think Walker will be playing in Green Bay this year.

Agreed - I think he will be a june 1st cut if they cant get a trade worked out thats equitable. They think by playing hardball they will get him to back down like last year - but honestly if he sits out this year - hes an UFA next year and they get nada and he would still be a good receiver - IMO the GB FO is playing with fire and if they wait to long its them who is going to get burned on the deal and left holding the bag and gettign nada. Esp with the Favre situation - it looks like they will be loosing there starting QB and oen of their best WR's.

BigBull17
03-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Nothing new ?

.......We're getting Carlos Beltran'd, aren't we ?

Thats great, you just invented a new way to say *********. Now in a parentally accepted form. Why are we always the jack up man? Pace used us, Beltran, and now Moulds. This blows.:brickwall

keyfro
03-29-2006, 08:48 AM
the nfl network adam sheftner reported on nfl.com that he doesn't believe a trade will be worked out...he sayed that buffalo is looking for a 4th round pick or higher and none of the teams interested seem to be willing to give that high of a pick up...he believes moulds will be released soon however and he said the mostly likely place is either phili or houston...geez that was news to me it's down to those two cities

nunusguy
03-29-2006, 08:53 AM
If Moulds is released, anybody have the feeling the Texans will outbid Philly
for his services to the tune of paying him the kind of money they could have
gotten Givens with ?

jacquescas
03-29-2006, 08:53 AM
i have to admit it would be a total coup if he were released and he signed here and we didn't have to give up anything but the money.

AtheGreat
03-29-2006, 09:02 AM
i have to admit it would be a total coup if he were released and he signed here and we didn't have to give up anything but the money.

that would be nice, but not likely to happen. The bills are gonna try to scrounge out something here and their only hope is a later-round pick. For once, though, i do hope money is whats a priority. Throw us a bone Eric, come to Houston!

Oh, and by the way, I'd like just about everyone who posted to give themselves a pat on the back. No VY or RB posts!!:yahoo:

Texans_Chick
03-29-2006, 09:04 AM
If Moulds is released, anybody have the feeling the Texans will outbid Philly
for his services to the tune of paying him the kind of money they could have
gotten Givens with ?

Link: This guy believes Moulds will probably not go to the Eagles (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/14209192.htm)

I believe that if we haven't already worked out something with Moulds and the Bills, then a trade just isn't gonna happen and that Moulds is just gonna be released to seek his own deal.

scarsdale
03-29-2006, 09:05 AM
I hope Buffalo is bluffing and decides to take Houston's 5th if that is what they are offering.

Would they let him just walk? They get cap relief either way right? If he's traded, or gets cut, he saves them money I think.

GhostRaider2006
03-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Just out of curiosity why does everyone think Mould's is going to get more money from the Eagles. From listening to Philly's fans and reading their papers the last couple of days I have come to the understanding that that they don't have that much money left to spend (by the way their fans talk it seems they have less than us at this point) and that their owner isn't in any way going to give Mould the contract he wants. If that is the case the only reason I could see Mould's going to the Eagles is because they are closer to going to the super bowl than we are.

utahmark
03-29-2006, 09:13 AM
the nfl network adam sheftner reported on nfl.com that he doesn't believe a trade will be worked out...he sayed that buffalo is looking for a 4th round pick or higher and none of the teams interested seem to be willing to give that high of a pick up...he believes moulds will be released soon however and he said the mostly likely place is either phili or houston...geez that was news to me it's down to those two cities

why would you refuse to take a 5th or 6th and then let the guy go?

the eagles are a perennial playoff team. if they think he is asking for 2 much maybe he is.

coachdent
03-29-2006, 09:18 AM
I hope Buffalo is bluffing and decides to take Houston's 5th if that is what they are offering.

Would they let him just walk? They get cap relief either way right? If he's traded, or gets cut, he saves them money I think.

Houston will not trade one single pick. Which they shouldn't. The Moulds issue is not about picks, it's about what he will sign for. He is not a Bill because he wants $5 million per. Not happening. Older, smaller receiver. No one is going to give him that. If they do, it is way overpriced.

Buffalo is not meeting his number. So why would you trade anything for him? You won't have to give up a mouthpiece to get him.

The Eagles believe in a pretty firm model in terms of how they slot people on the payroll. Wide receiver is not a value position for them. They think you invest in offensive and defensive line, your quarterback, a versitile running back, defensive backs, then WR, then linebacker. They pay accordingly.

T.O. was the anomaly. When you have the opportunity to get the best WR in the NFL, you go off your script a bit. They did. T.O. was a bit of problem, that has been documented. But if you look at the Eagles stance, it was the right one. Look at what happened in Dallas? T.O. signs and immediately Glenn is up the office saying, "I want my money". So Dallas blatantly overpays for an aging receiver who is injury prone because they don't want to rock the boat.

Philly was burned by this before and they aren't going down that road. They definitely will not give up a pick with this stance. Not a chance. There aren't really any other teams involved.

The Texans can play hardball with the numbers and come in with a resonable number. Moulds would make a fine addition, but it needs to be a smooth transition and it can't wreck our salary structure.

coachdent
03-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Just out of curiosity why does everyone think Mould's is going to get more money from the Eagles. From listening to Philly's fans and reading their papers the last couple of days I have come to the understanding that that they don't have that much money left to spend (by the way their fans talk it seems they have less than us at this point) and that their owner isn't in any way going to give Mould the contract he wants. If that is the case the only reason I could see Mould's going to the Eagles is because they are closer to going to the super bowl than we are.

Moulds doesn't want a Super Bowl. He wants money.

Philly has money. Over $20 million under the cap. However, the management sticks to their guns, resigns their coveted players and leave themselves with options. Philly fans want them to sign every free agent, regardless of cost. They see $20 million and think the Eagles are cheap. They don't see the problems that come with signing players for overblown and outrageous salaries. They can come back to bite you.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 09:24 AM
If you look at it from Moulds point of view, he is negotiating his final contract. he is entering his 11th year in the NFL and that is a milestone in itself. he is looking for his final big pay day

We all know it cannot be the yearly salary as much as it is the guaranteed money from the signing bonus and other bonus' in his negotiations because he could get cut after his second year of a 4 year contract.

he is on the downside of a great career.

GhostRaider2006
03-29-2006, 09:26 AM
The Eagles believe in a pretty firm model in terms of how they slot people on the payroll. Wide receiver is not a value position for them. They think you invest in offensive and defensive line, your quarterback, a versitile running back, defensive backs, then WR, then linebacker. They pay accordingly.

This is what I have been hearing all week from most of the Philly fans on the boards I have been on and the online papers I have read. Most Philly fans that I have chatted with are of the opinion that Moulds will be lucky to get 3 to 3.5 million out of the Eagles if they sign him because their management is tight with money when it comes to certain positions. Hell they lowballed Runyan (a player that was very valuable to them) and ended up losing him.

Hawg
03-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Our odds are begining to look better and better of getting Moulds. After listening to what everyone is saying about how philly isnt going to pay him the money that he wants. OUr chances are looking good. This might work out for us, because our offense is going to be explosive as is without moulds. We will have a revamped O-line. Our quarterback will have the coaching that he needs. We will have one of the most electric rookies in the league. And we have Putz, and Walters to help out AJ. Not to mention the one man wrecking crew D. Davis.

jacquescas
03-29-2006, 09:32 AM
even better that they retained Runyan. Less money for moulds

GhostRaider2006
03-29-2006, 09:34 AM
I thought they resigned Runyan?

Looked it up. Yes they did.

Link (http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/99-03292006-633195.html)

Well isn't my face red. I'm just going by what the fans where saying and I happend to learn that little (incorrect) nugget from their ESPN Board. Looks like I need to research better instead of taing everyones word at face value from now on.

MikeMc
03-29-2006, 09:36 AM
That last statement says it all! "aging WR on the downside of his career" - why pay him $$$ that a young stud WR would command?

coachdent
03-29-2006, 09:39 AM
See? This is where Eagle fans are off base and out of touch when they say the Eagles are cheap. They pay for the quality at the big positions. No one is saying that they were cheap with Donovan. Nor were they cheap with Runyan. They weren't cheap with him when they outbid Tennessee, and they weren't cheap with him now. They paid big bucks for Kearse. They paid better than average money for Westbrook.

They rightly denied paying Trotter big bucks. He went to Washington, stunk and the Eagles resigned him for proper dollars. Everyone wanted them to pay Hugh Douglas on the downside of his career. They didn't. Douglas bolted. Fans cried. Douglas stunk and retired. The fans cried over them losing Brian Mitchell to the Giants. The Giants went Waaaaaay overboard paying for an over the hill kickoff retuner who could do nothing else. Eagle fans reacted as if the pope had been shot! Where is Brian now?

They are smart with their money.

Sportsfan
03-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Ok, my lazy @ss doesn't feel like reading 427 posts in this thread, so are we getting Moulds or not? :hmmm:

GhostRaider2006
03-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Is it Battle Red? :) I believe so!! LOL

Don't worry about it. I just wanted the correct info posted.
I completly understand as I would too.

Hawg
03-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Ok, my lazy @ss doesn't feel like reading 427 posts in this thread, so are we getting Moulds or not? :hmmm:

No decisions have been made yet.:stirpot:

Dr. Toro
03-29-2006, 09:50 AM
We offered Givens 5/$18.5. So the maximum for Moulds should be about 3/$12, right? Only problem is Glenn just got himself 5/$20 (not sure how much is guaranteed), so we might end up paying Moulds more than we offered Givens. The market for vet receivers has been more receptive than expected.

TEXANS84
03-29-2006, 09:51 AM
+ factor is that Texas has no state income tax.

Hawg
03-29-2006, 09:54 AM
+ factor is that Texas has no state income tax.

That should be the deal breaker.texanpride

GhostRaider2006
03-29-2006, 09:58 AM
We offered Givens 5/$18.5. So the maximum for Moulds should be about 3/$12, right? Only problem is Glenn just got himself 5/$20 (not sure how much is guaranteed), so we might end up paying Moulds more than we offered Givens. The market for vet receivers has been more receptive than expected.

I agree where ever he signs it wil probably be in the 3.5 to 4 million dollar range. If not for Glenn there would have been a good chance at getting him for 3 million a year but after that contract I don't think thats realistically a possibilty anymore.

stevo3883
03-29-2006, 10:19 AM

the difference is though that Moulds is a legit #1 while both of those guys are #2's.

Malloy
03-29-2006, 10:22 AM
See? This is where Eagle fans are off base and out of touch when they say the Eagles are cheap. They pay for the quality at the big positions. No one is saying that they were cheap with Donovan. Nor were they cheap with Runyan. They weren't cheap with him when they outbid Tennessee, and they weren't cheap with him now. They paid big bucks for Kearse. They paid better than average money for Westbrook.

T.O. thinks they were cheap ;)

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 10:32 AM
the difference is though that Moulds is a legit #1 while both of those guys are #2's.

But he will not be used as a #1 WR here in Houston. Therefore, how can you justify paying a guy that much money for #2 WR. I think I would be PSSD OFF if I was AJ and had a guy coming in making large money when I am the future of the Texans and he is #2 and will not be here more than 2 years.

Dr. Toro
03-29-2006, 10:38 AM

So you're saying we should pay Moulds more?

beerlover
03-29-2006, 10:42 AM
T.O. thinks they were cheap ;)

coachdent is right on, no doubt Philly is a tough franchise followed by just as tough fan base. they have more expereince in the NFL, believe in what they do and in the T.O. case did the correct thing, if all the NFL franchises behaved as responsibly the league would be much better off. unfortunately the Cowboys, since Jones ownership, have been willing to look the other way all in the name of winning. We'll see what it gets them, for my money I'm going to root for Philly everytime because I feel they do things the right way and will win because of teamwork and the level of their line play not as much as the skilled positions, just good ol' smash mouth, in your face butt kicking. :fans:

the Texans should just sit tight and wait to do the right thing, not overpay but offer a fair, semi-expensive contract that reflects Moulds true market value :twocents:

bigTEXan8
03-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Moulds is a seasoned vet, so he'll be able to bring some experience to a young group of WRs.

Kaiser Toro
03-29-2006, 10:58 AM

They rightly denied paying Trotter big bucks. He went to Washington, stunk and the Eagles resigned him for proper dollars. Everyone wanted them to pay Hugh Douglas on the downside of his career. They didn't. Douglas bolted. Fans cried. Douglas stunk and retired. The fans cried over them losing Brian Mitchell to the Giants. The Giants went Waaaaaay overboard paying for an over the hill kickoff retuner who could do nothing else. Eagle fans reacted as if the pope had been shot! Where is Brian now?

They are smart with their money.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/14202593.htm

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Moulds is a seasoned vet, so he'll be able to bring some experience to a young group of WRs.

I think AJ has been in the league long enough to provide that to the younger WRs. he has gone up agains the Best, 2nd best, and 3rd best corners (mostly all at the same time!!!)

If the Texans can get Moulds for under $3MM a year, then it might
be worth it.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 11:08 AM
Johnson, Andre 2008 Base - $555,000 Allocated bonus - $2,383,104 $2,938,104

This is the amount hitting the cap for AJ and you want to pay Moulds more than you pay the #1 WR on the team... That would be a slap in the face to AJ who has done nothing except fight for every down and every inch.

I do not see this happening. If moulds gets released and not traded, There you will see a bidding war with teams more than just now. And at that point he is going to go somewhere that a team has a excellent chance to win a SB not next year, but this year.

Porky
03-29-2006, 11:09 AM
That last statement says it all! "aging WR on the downside of his career" - why pay him $$$ that a young stud WR would command?

He is younger than TO who just signed for 25 Mil over 3 yrs for Dallas. Ya, he is washed up. :challenge

Porky
03-29-2006, 11:13 AM

This is the amount hitting the cap for AJ and you want to pay Moulds more than you pay the #1 WR on the team... That would be a slap in the face to AJ who has done nothing except fight for every down and every inch.

I do not see this happening. If moulds gets released and not traded, There you will see a bidding war with teams more than just now. And at that point he is going to go somewhere that a team has a excellent chance to win a SB not next year, but this year.

This analysis makes no sense. Andre is on his rookie deal. Moulds is a 10 yr vet looking for the bigger payday. AJ will get his on the next deal. It's not real hard to understand. This isn't unique. Young guys don't make as much as seasoned 3 time pr0-bowlers. And, we won't get this guy for 3 mil a yr. You people seem to have a death wish or something. Kevin Walter as our #2 or Moulds? Let's see, that's a hard one. :homer:

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 11:21 AM
This analysis makes no sense. Andre is on his rookie deal. Moulds is a 10 yr vet looking for the bigger payday. AJ will get his on the next deal. It's not real hard to understand. This isn't unique. Young guys don't make as much as seasoned 3 time pr0-bowlers. And, we won't get this guy for 3 mil a yr. You people seem to have a death wish or something. Kevin Walter as our #2 or Moulds? Let's see, that's a hard one. :homer:

WALTER

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Just read this on ESPN.. Interesting.

Moulds no longer deep threatBy KC Joyner
ESPN Insider
Archive

The only player to have generated significant interest around the league despite not being a free agent is Eric Moulds. Moulds has a $10.85 million cap number for the 2006 season, and the Bills have given him permission to seek a trade. As many as seven teams reportedly are interested in him.

One of the reasons Moulds wants to be traded is his unhappiness with the way he was used during the 2005 season. Moulds did catch 81 passes last year, ranking him 15th in the league in that category. However, he gained only 816 yards, 33rd in the league, and the 10.1 yards per reception ranked him 74th in the AFC. These numbers are down from his 2004 totals of 88 catches, 1,043 yards and 11.9 yards per reception.

The reduction in production would seem to suggest that Moulds has a legitimate complaint. I decided to conduct a metric analysis to see how his 2005 numbers compared with those of previous seasons.

First, here are his receiving metrics from the 2005 season:

Eric Moulds- 2005
Depth Attempts Comp Yards TD INT Pen Yds/Att
Short 91 68 545 2 1 9 6.1
Medium 20 10 167 0 1 4 8.6
Deep 17 3 104 2 1 20 7.3
Total 128 81 816 4 3 33 6.6

Now take a look at Moulds' 2004 metrics:

Eric Moulds- 2004
Depth Att Comp Yds TD INT Pen Yds/Att
Short 100 68 644 1 1 5 6.5
Medium 24 14 208 2 2 -5 8.5
Deep 24 6 191 2 3 28 9.1
Total 148 88 1043 5 6 28 7.2

These numbers are largely identical, particularly if we keep in mind that Moulds played in only 15 games in 2005 because of his suspension for violating team policy.

It might look as though the Bills were using Moulds more as a short pass receiver in 2005, but his role was almost identical in 2004. Last season, Moulds averaged 6.1 short pass attempts per game, compared with 6.3 in 2004. Moulds actually helped himself in this category by improving his short pass completion percentage by nearly 7percent from 2004 to 2005.

Moulds wants people to believe his vertical pass attempts were reduced last year, and he is technically correct. It was reduced from 48 medium/deep pass attempts in 2004 to 37 in 2005, but you have to factor in the difference in games. Once you factor that in, it only amounts to a .5 difference in attempts per game.

The reason Moulds doesn't catch many deep passes is he simply doesn't get open deep. One of the things I measure on every pass play is the degree to which the receiver was open. I track the number of steps a receiver was open by and whether the defender had what I term good coverage or tight coverage.

Calculating the number of steps is fairly basic. I simply look for the separation between the receiver and defender when the pass is thrown. Determining the quality of the coverage is more subjective. When a defender has good coverage, it will take a perfect pass by the quarterback to beat him. When a defender has tight coverage, even a perfect pass likely will not beat him.

During the 2004 season, Moulds ranked 85th out of 87 qualifying receivers in tight-good coverage percentage on deep passes. Moulds had tight or good coverage against him on 62.5 percent of his deep pass attempts that season, meaning it was highly unlikely the pass was going to be completed because he simply wasn't open.

His deep pass coverage metrics weren't much better in 2005. Moulds had tight or good coverage against him on nine of his 17 deep pass attempts, which equates to 53 percent of his deep passes.

Moulds still can be a significant player for the right team, provided he can accept the role his current skill set dictates he should fill. The Bills certainly still could use him as a possession receiver. The Texans are rumored to be very interested in Moulds, and they certainly could use a strong No. 2 receiver to complement Andre Johnson. The Eagles, Chiefs, 49ers, Broncos and Seahawks also certainly could use a reliable possession receiver.

The ball is in Moulds' court. If he markets himself as a possession receiver, he will have plenty of options. If he insists on being paid as a vertical threat, most teams are going to lose interest.

KC Joyner, aka The Football Scientist, is a regular contributor to ESPN Insider. He has a Web site at http://thefootballscientist.com.

Porky
03-29-2006, 11:35 AM
WALTER

Okay, so at least I know I can safely bypass your posts, as you have ZERO credibility from this point forward.

Hawg
03-29-2006, 11:39 AM
WALTER

Are you suggesting that Walter would be a better number two than Moulds?:homer:

Texans_Chick
03-29-2006, 11:45 AM
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/14202593.htm

Nice article.

My favorite quote: :cool:

"Some of the things you hear people say just defy reality," Banner said. "I spoke to someone recently and they were raving about all of the Cowboys' moves. Well, they lost two starting linebackers [Scott Fujita and Dat Nguyen], a starting defensive tackle [La'Roi Glover], a starting left guard [Larry Allen], and a starting wide receiver [Keyshawn Johnson] and they added T.O. We'll see how the season goes. But as far as comparing offseasons [between the Eagles and Cowboys], it's not even close.

"The Cowboys have had some good drafts and have some young, emerging players and it's reasonable to expect they're going to be very good. But if you just rated their additions and subtractions in free agency, you'd conclude that they lost a lot of guys.''

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Are you suggesting that Walter would be a better number two than Moulds?:homer:

I was told to say it in the previous post. No, Kevin is not where Moulds is. That is obvious 11 year vet versus a 3 year.

All I am saying that he is better than #3 and a competitive #2. That is all.

Hawg
03-29-2006, 11:51 AM
I was told to say it in the previous post. No, Kevin is not where Moulds is. That is obvious 11 year vet versus a 3 year.

All I am saying that he is better than #3 and a competitive #2. That is all.

Ok i was just making sure. I do agree that Walter was a nice addition but if the Texans were to bring Moulds in there would be no contest as to who would be the number 2 and who would be the number three. But I think that Walter will be a nice slot reciever. He as good size and reasonably good speed from what i hear.

Texans_Chick
03-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Okay, so at least I know I can safely bypass your posts, as you have ZERO credibility from this point forward.

I dunno. You might disagree with his point of view but he seemed to support it pretty well.

IIRC, he likes Moulds if you could get him at the right price. Otherwise, he thinks that Walters has a lot of promise if he can get onto the field and has stated why he feels that way.

I am not sure that he should be written off as having a completely irrational point of view that has zero credibility, but to each her own.

Personally, I am in the position of not wanting to overpay for a malcontent egoist demanding a release. If we get him at the right price, it is one thing, but otherwise, I am not sure of the sort of veteran leadership he provides.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 11:52 AM

I have great credibility when it comes to football. I live football and that is why I can comment with confidence and back it up with stats. I am not one of these uneducated posters that just put something out there willy-nilly without having a reason to post it nor able to share something outside of Texans football about a player(s) that many may not have known about. If you read my posts they all have been good informative posts. with exception to the recent post you commented about as I just finally blurted out a response to another comment.

All kidding aside, 95% of the people who post here I enjoy reading and learning more about the Texans. This is how I know I have something in common with Texans.

Thank you for your comment.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno. You might disagree with his point of view but he seemed to support it pretty well.

IIRC, he likes Moulds if you could get him at the right price. Otherwise, he thinks that Walters has a lot of promise if he can get onto the field and has stated why he feels that way.

I am not sure that he should be written off as having a completely irrational point of view that has zero credibility, but to each her own.

Personally, I am in the position of not wanting to overpay for a malcontent egoist demanding a release. If we get him at the right price, it is one thing, but otherwise, I am not sure of the sort of veteran leadership he provides.

I LOVE TEXANS CHICK!!!

aj.
03-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Don't buy toshiba...

aj.
03-29-2006, 11:58 AM
I have great credibility when it comes to football. I live football and that is why I can comment with confidence and back it up with stats. I am not one of these uneducated posters that just put something out there willy-nilly ....

Wherever you're getting your information from, it's incorrect. His base in '05 was 555k but his big base money kicks in this year.

AJs base this year is 5 million, his base next year is 5.25 million, and his base in '08 is 7.75. Add at least $2.25 per year to get his cap hit. (that doesn't include bonuses or other incentives.

His original contract was worth almost $39 million over six years. He received a signing bonus of $13.5 million and there were other incentives.

Whatever happens with Moulds, AJ will continue to be the highest paid receiver on the team by a long shot.

TexanSam
03-29-2006, 11:59 AM
I think AJ has been in the league long enough to provide that to the younger WRs. he has gone up agains the Best, 2nd best, and 3rd best corners (mostly all at the same time!!!)

If the Texans can get Moulds for under $3MM a year, then it might
be worth it.

And he has one good season to show for it. Moulds has about 10. If Moulds comes here, then AJ would probably see it as a challenge to compete with one of the best. Competition brings out the best in anyone. And if someone's complaining about making over $2.5 million a year...give me a break.

jerek
03-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Up to 460 posts and nearing 25 pages for ... Eric Moulds.

I wonder what a real, still-has-lead-left-in-the-pencil #2 would generate?

Hawg
03-29-2006, 12:01 PM
]']Lets get Moulds already! Damn! I dont want a rookie to be our #2. I want to draft one though.

AMEN!

coachdent
03-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Don't buy toshiba...

Here is a link to the Texans' cap numbers. AJ is $7.38 million against the cap this season.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html

aj.
03-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Familiar with the page, thanks.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
Wherever you're getting your information from, it's incorrect. His base in '05 was 555k but his big base money kicks in this year.

AJs base this year is 5 million, his base next year is 5.25 million, and his base in '08 is 7.75. Add at least $2.25 per year to get his cap hit. (that doesn't include bonuses or other incentives.

His original contract was worth almost $39 million over six years. He received a signing bonus of $13.5 million and there were other incentives.

Whatever happens with Moulds, AJ will continue to be the highest paid receiver on the team by a long shot.

Sorry, that was 2005 cap numbers here are the 2006 cap numbers

Johnson, Andre 2008 $5,000,000 $2,383,664 $7,383,664

From www.Houstonprofootball.com

bigTEXan8
In reference to what Bearfan posted, I also think that Mould's "deep threat" credibility has been hampered because of the way Lee Evans has really stepped up. Evans has become more of the "deep threat" on that team because of his speed. I think it's also the reason why Mould had a falling out with the coaching staff of the Bills towards the end of the last season.

Ibar_Harry
03-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Based on the ESPN analysis Moulds would be a good fit at #2 as AJ would be the vertical threat along with Speedy Gonzales (Mathis). Walter fits in well in this scheme. The pick up of Moulds would probably end our WR search for this season. In fact we might have to decide what do do with Starling and/or Armstrong. If BJ comes along we are probably set at TE as well. We could possibly be targeting defense then in the draft other than the 1st round pick. Given the type of offense we will be running I don't think D'brick is a candidate. If we trade down it would be for defensive players or the freak TE from Maryland.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Moulds still not a great deal for Texans unless $3MM or less.

I wonder if Moulds would even take less than $4.5MM being that he was to make double that

TEXANRED
03-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Moulds still not a great deal for Texans unless $3MM or less.

I wonder if Moulds would even take less than $4.5MM being that he was to make double that

Here's what I say. We just spent $7m on a #4, #3 at best who was a seventh round pick. Moulds is worth the fourth round pick and $5m a year.

Moulds is still a solid player who changes the way the D plans for your O. I don't care how old he is. Despite what some have said he has not lost a step. There is no evidence to say such a thing.He has got moves to break double teams (somthing AJ needs to learn) sure handed, fast, and again, veteran leadership brought to this very young receiving core.

Sorry with Moulds and AJ and Bush and DD I see playoffs, division tittles, superbowls. More sooner than later.

Not to mention respectability.

Worth every penny if you ask me.

Porky
03-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Okay Bearfan you modifed your position so I understand better what you are saying. I still don't agree with it, but I understand your position. I think you are dreaming if you think we will get Moulds for 3 mil. With the new money floating around due to the cap, teams are willing to spend more. I think he will sign for between 4.5 and 5 mil per yr myself, and when you see what he does to help AJ and the rest of the offense (well beyond his personal stats) then you will see he is worth it. Walter is a joke as a legit #2 on a team that wants to have a decent offense. Fortunetely, Kubes knows this, and is trying like hell to do something about it.

aj.
03-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Sorry with Moulds and AJ and Bush and DD I see playoffs, division tittles, superbowls. More sooner than later.

My crystal ball sees Moulds (and Flanagan and Kalu and Cowart) playing two more years if they are lucky, and I don't see DD on this team after '06 if they draft Bush.

Kaiser Toro
03-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Don't buy toshiba...

Not sure if it is part of the subliminal message, but everytime I hear Toshiba lately I think of Casserly in a straightjacket with duct tape over his mouth.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Here's what I say. We just spent $7m on a #4, #3 at best who was a seventh round pick. Moulds is worth the fourth round pick and $5m a year.

Moulds is still a solid player who changes the way the D plans for your O. I don't care how old he is. Despite what some have said he has not lost a step. There is no evidence to say such a thing.He has got moves to break double teams (somthing AJ needs to learn) sure handed, fast, and again, veteran leadership brought to this very young receiving core.

Not to mention respectability.

Worth every penny if you ask me.

You spent $1.2MM a year on a #3 viable #2 here in Texas

There are two parts that everyone is missing here, or that noone talks about...
1. Buffalo still owns Moulds, so even if you get a deal done with Moulds, you still have to deal with Buffalo and what you are going to give them. So the deal could still be broken off if they feel they must have a 3rd rounder.
2. opposite of above.

Then if there is no deal and they happen to release Moulds, a bidding war will begin and I truely believe that is what Moulds wants to happen. If there is a bidding war, He will probably get in the area of $5MM a year short term contract.

And I believe it will be more teams than the original 5 or 6 now down to 2 or 3 because noone is going to have to give up a draft pick.

Just a thought. I am thinking that 4th round pick or 3rd round pick could be used for a safety or other defense starters needed much more than another WR.

Offseason FA has improved the offensive side of the ball, not to mention noone even knows the offensive scheme they are going to be running yet. Especially if you add Bush!!!

Defense has also been helped in FA, but I think there is the need for 1 or 2 LBs, S, and a another true PASS RUSHER DE.

aj.
03-29-2006, 12:30 PM
It's working.......I own Dell stock......

....Casserly says buy Toshiba (how's that?)

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Okay Bearfan you modifed your position so I understand better what you are saying. I still don't agree with it, but I understand your position. I think you are dreaming if you think we will get Moulds for 3 mil. With the new money floating around due to the cap, teams are willing to spend more. I think he will sign for between 4.5 and 5 mil per yr myself, and when you see what he does to help AJ and the rest of the offense (well beyond his personal stats) then you will see he is worth it. Walter is a joke as a legit #2 on a team that wants to have a decent offense. Fortunetely, Kubes knows this, and is trying like hell to do something about it.

I am not understanding why he is a JOKE at #2. What do you know about him that you can base that judgement on. If he is a joke, why did Kube RUN out and get him on the first day of FA?

Porky
03-29-2006, 12:34 PM
You spent $1.2MM a year on a #3 viable #2 here in Texas

There are two parts that everyone is missing here, or that noone talks about...
1. Buffalo still owns Moulds, so even if you get a deal done with Moulds, you still have to deal with Buffalo and what you are going to give them. So the deal could still be broken off if they feel they must have a 3rd rounder.
2. opposite of above.

Then if there is no deal and they happen to release Moulds, a bidding war will begin and I truely believe that is what Moulds wants to happen. If there is a bidding war, He will probably get in the area of $5MM a year short term contract.

And I believe it will be more teams than the original 5 or 6 now down to 2 or 3 because noone is going to have to give up a draft pick.

Just a thought. I am thinking that 4th round pick or 3rd round pick could be used for a safety or other defense starters needed much more than another WR.

Offseason FA has improved the offensive side of the ball, not to mention noone even knows the offensive scheme they are going to be running yet. Especially if you add Bush!!!

Defense has also been helped in FA, but I think there is the need for 1 or 2 LBs, S, and a another true PASS RUSHER DE.

I don't mean to keep dogging you, but your takes are incredibly weak on this subject. The biggest need on the entire team right now is a solid #2 WR. "saving" a 4th rd pick to use on a rookie safety who may or may not ever pan out, instead of a proven player in the biggest need position on the field makes zero sense. Thankfully, Kubes is in charge, and not you, as he also recognizes this as fact.

Porky
03-29-2006, 12:35 PM
I am not understanding why he is a JOKE at #2. What do you know about him that you can base that judgement on. If he is a joke, why did Kube RUN out and get him on the first day of FA?

Because he has good upside, is young, and can develop. They like his size, and I think he can be a good red zone weapon. Having said that, he has proven exactly squat, and will not cause defenses to game plan around him, or double him, or do pretty much anything that makes others around him better.

And now a question for you. If they think that highly of him, why have they tried like heck to sign every really good WR available on the market?

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Because he has good upside, is young, and can develop. They like his size, and I think he can be a good red zone weapon. Having said that, he has proven exactly squat, and will not cause defenses to game plan around him, or double him, or do pretty much anything that makes others around him better.

And now a question for you. If they think that highly of him, why have they tried like heck to sign every really good WR available on the market?

My guess is because they want to solidify a backup to Walter? Just kidding...

My guess is because they know he has upside and that is why they signed him to a multi year deal and the pressing need to soldify the #2 WR with a Probowl Veteran if they can makes the best sense and if there happens to be injury or otherwise, they can look to walter who has proven when called upon, delivers.

As far as defenses not gameplanning against Kevin, You have to some extent, because if Chad or TJ were covered, guess who got the look and has a reputation of great hands; Walter.

But you are correct in the fact that if Texans can get Moulds, for the right price (I know he will not get signed for $3MM or less) but Let's just not give more than the cost benefit makes sense.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 12:48 PM

I am not that sure they tried like heck... if they really wanted to be agressive, they would have offered Buffalo one of the 3rd rounders and it would have been a done deal and give Moulds his 5 Million. That would be trying like heck.

I believe they are trying within reason of being competitive and jsut as you commented to me thank God Kube is the decision maker and not you and he realizes the benefit must outweigh the cost of getting him (it is still a business)

Porky
03-29-2006, 12:49 PM
My guess is because they want to solidify a backup to Walter? Just kidding...

My guess is because they know he has upside and that is why they signed him to a multi year deal and the pressing need to soldify the #2 WR with a Probowl Veteran if they can makes the best sense and if there happens to be injury or otherwise, they can look to walter who has proven when called upon, delivers.

As far as defenses not gameplanning against Kevin, You have to some extent, because if Chad or TJ were covered, guess who got the look and has a reputation of great hands; Walter.

But you are correct in the fact that if Texans can get Moulds, for the right price (I know he will not get signed for $3MM or less) but Let's just not give more than the cost benefit makes sense.

You do realize that his best season was 19 catches right?

Porky
03-29-2006, 01:00 PM
I am not that sure they tried like heck... if they really wanted to be agressive, they would have offered Buffalo one of the 3rd rounders and it would have been a done deal and give Moulds his 5 Million. That would be trying like heck.

I believe they are trying within reason of being competitive and jsut as you commented to me thank God Kube is the decision maker and not you and he realizes the benefit must outweigh the cost of getting him (it is still a business)

Dude, you are just way off in timbuktu on this subject. They had a lot of interest in Nate Bureleson, but Seattle overpaid. They brought in David Givens, and offered him close to 3.8 mil avg per yr, and Tenn ended up overpaying. Now they are trying to get Moulds. All of these WR's have the ability to be a #1, much less a #2. If you cannot see we are making a serious run to get a legit #2, then there is no help for you. We aren't going to give up a #3 because we don't need to. Why would we? Just for grins? Buffalo has very little leverage. Everyone knows Moulds will be released at some point. Philly is apprently offering a 6th, and yet, we should offer a #3? I don't get it.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Dude, you are just way off in timbuktu on this subject. They had a lot of interest in Nate Bureleson, but Seattle overpaid. They brought in David Givens, and offered him close to 3.8 mil avg per yr, and Tenn ended up overpaying. Now they are trying to get Moulds. All of these WR's have the ability to be a #1, much less a #2. If you cannot see we are making a serious run to get a legit #2, then there is no help for you. We aren't going to give up a #3 because we don't need to. Why would we? Just for grins? Buffalo has very little leverage. Everyone knows Moulds will be released at some point. Philly is apprently offering a 6th, and yet, we should offer a #3? I don't get it.

You are reading my response too literally like that is what I said should be happening. My point was that it is off base to offer a 3rd round pick for moulds and a 4th is borderline. The reason I say is borderline is because Texans are the 1st pick in the 4th round. If Texans were 20th in the 4th round that would make more sense.

My point exactly. Did the other teams "overpay" because they were higher than the Texans offer? Hypothetical now... Kube has in his head what he is willing to part with.

As for Nate, they cancelled the visit the day after Kevin was released from the Bengals. Not to mention they did not want to give up a #3 to Minnesota.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 01:16 PM
"trying like hell" (Sounds like "there is no tomorrow")

versus very interested is a huge difference.

TexanAddict
03-29-2006, 01:18 PM
The longer this goes on, the more I'm beginning to feel as though we're being used the same way we were with the Orlando Pace deal. I get the feeling that Moulds is simply using us to increase the amount the Eagles (the team he apparently wants to play for) are willing to give him. I think if we do get him he could contribute, but only if he really wants to be here. I also hope we don't get sucked into some kind of bidding war over him.

Meloy
03-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Maybe, but how much leverage to the Packers hold considering he has put his house up for sell and made it clear he won't play for them next season. Packers should be happy with what compensation they can get before they loose him the way we lost Sharper last yr. and Philly lost T.O. this yr.
Uh, hello, real estate company? This is J Walker. Please take your for sale sign down on my house. I'm staying in cheese country. I changed my mind.

texanfan2002114
03-29-2006, 01:21 PM
The longer this goes on, the more I'm beginning to feel as though we're being used the same way we were with the Orlando Pace deal. I get the feeling that Moulds is simply using us to increase the amount the Eagles (the team he apparently wants to play for) are willing to give him. I think if we do get him he could contribute, but only if he really wants to be here. I also hope we don't get sucked into some kind of bidding war over him.

The Eagles also know that Moulds "really" wants to play for them according to Moulds agent, so they aren't in a hurry to give him more money, and see how bad he wants to play there.

I don't think the Texans are going to get into a bidding war because they would have gone after David Givens then.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-29-2006, 01:33 PM
The Eagles also know that Moulds "really" wants to play for them according to Moulds agent, so they aren't in a hurry to give him more money, and see how bad he wants to play there.

I don't think the Texans are going to get into a bidding war because they would have gone after David Givens then.

Do you think that the Eagles, knowing that Moulds wants to play there, is lowballing them, in hopes that they will release him and immediately the Eagles can offer money and still keep their draft pick (the draft pick the buffalo would have wanted, not necessarily what they offered)

TexanFan881
03-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Not very important update on kffl on moulds
Bills | Jauron waiting on trade talks on Moulds
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:50:29 -0800

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills head coach Dick Jauron said he is waiting to see how the trade talks between agents for WR Eric Moulds and other NFL teams develop. "We're not necessarily in any big hurry," Jauron said. "We'd like it to get done in the right way, whether it's having Eric back with us or however it works out. ... We understand Eric's unhappy and wants to move on. So his people are out working on that actively. We're trying to facilitate that if we can and if it's in our best interest."

TD
03-29-2006, 04:17 PM

I agree. I know it sounds cliche', but often the best moves really are the ones not made. I'm encouraged to see that we're not giving first tier compensation for 2nd tier players. If we can get Moulds for FMV, great. It would be a good addition. If not...on to the next.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Gaffney is already the #2 receiver in Philly behind Reggie Brown.

TexanFan881
03-29-2006, 05:00 PM
For being almost the end of the 48 hour period that we're supposed to know who is most likely signing/trading for him, this has been a really slow news day.

TexanFan881
03-29-2006, 05:09 PM
http://www.billsinsider.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=8672&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Eric Moulds will be traded to either the Eagles or the Texans for a 4th. I really want to be wrong here, but I think 2006 could be a long ugly year. We will have a makeshift offensive line with a young QB and less weapons than last year.

If it's for a fourth round pick I think we are the only one offering it, considering the Eagles offered a sixth, but I don't know how credible this site is

run-david-run
03-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Perssonally, I cant wait. Obviously the organization made good decisons in saying "thanks, but no thanks" to Burelson and Givens, seeing as they were asking, and got, crazy money. But I digress...we need a seasoned receiver who has performed at a high, Pro Bowl level. I think that the same way people claim Reggie and DD would help each other, AJ and moulds would do the same thing. AJ could help Moulds in terms of durabiltity, allowing him to fly under the radar far more then he would in Buffalo and allowing him to be quietly succesful. Meanwhile, Moulds would obviously help AJ, and in turn our entire offense, by providing a legitimate second threat at receiver. Bring on the new season, Im ready!

O.G.
03-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Perssonally, I cant wait. Obviously the organization made good decisons in saying "thanks, but no thanks" to Burelson and Givens, seeing as they were asking, and got, crazy money. But I digress...we need a seasoned receiver who has performed at a high, Pro Bowl level. I think that the same way people claim Reggie and DD would help each other, AJ and moulds would do the same thing. AJ could help Moulds in terms of durabiltity, allowing him to fly under the radar far more then he would in Buffalo and allowing him to be quietly succesful. Meanwhile, Moulds would obviously help AJ, and in turn our entire offense, by providing a legitimate second threat at receiver. Bring on the new season, Im ready!

We should know something by the end of the night or sometime tomorrow. There really isn't a need to drag anything out since we know what two teams are the major players.

barzilla
03-29-2006, 06:32 PM
It seems that he would rather go to Philly, but since the Bills are players here it would seem we have a 50/50 shot. Moulds would be the number one reciever in Philadelphia (unless they also get Jevon Walker), but without a credible number two there he would be in a worse situation than he was in Buffalo in terms of getting open. In Houston I don't think he would have that problem.

pskinny
03-29-2006, 06:59 PM
MAtt and Adam on 610 just said a report out of Philly is reporting Moulds has worked out a deal with the Texans. Nothing official yet.

Anybody find a link?

Texizgreat
03-29-2006, 07:18 PM
crossing fingers :superman:

tiger06
03-29-2006, 07:23 PM
MAtt and Adam on 610 just said a report out of Philly is reporting Moulds has worked out a deal with the Texans. Nothing official yet.

Anybody find a link?

someone on another message board reported this also... hope it's true

TexanFan881
03-29-2006, 07:33 PM
All I want for christmas this year is Eric Moulds!

TexanSam
03-29-2006, 07:36 PM
someone on another message board reported this also... hope it's true

No other updates??

Mike Kerns
03-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Please, Please, Please !!!:drool:

el toro
03-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Please let it be.

gtexan02
03-29-2006, 07:38 PM
The suspense is killing me. Be warned everyone, I expect him to get at least Keyshawn Johnson Money. Expect at least 5 million this year, and at least a 3 year deal

clandestin
03-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Here ya go, read this while we wait for confirmation: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=95870

TexanSam
03-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Here ya go, read this while we wait for confirmation: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=95870

Have to register. Copy and paste?

aj.
03-29-2006, 07:40 PM
As long as it's not more than 5 per and not more than 3 years - and not more than a 4th, I'm okay with it.

outofhnd
03-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Dr Mr. Jesus,

id like to write to you. I saw something scared me and I saw it on the news. Eric Moulds saw our offer and he refused. (thats all I can remember) :dangit:

Sorry I saw all the "Please" posts and that stupid song got stuck in my head. and just that little intro part.

What number would Moulds Wear? Would AJ give up the 80?

clandestin
03-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Have to register. Copy and paste?

Oops didn't realize they had changed that. There's not all that much to it the report is:

Summary: WIP 610 has reported that Eric Moulds and the Texans have agreed to terms on a contract on their sports ticker. Radio guys talked about it for 10 minutes or so. It's not clear (in the thread) if the draft compensation to the Bills is a done deal or if it needs to be negotiated.

bckey
03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
As long as it's not more than 5 per and not more than 3 years - and not more than a 4th, I'm okay with it.

Agree. Except not more than a 5th.

clandestin
03-29-2006, 07:52 PM

Agreed on all three points, but I'm hoping we get away with a 5th. With all of these signings we're setting ourselves up to have a very interesting draft.

el toro
03-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Man, if they do land Moulds they can draft for the O-line and the secondary exclusively with the #33, 65, & 66.

outofhnd
03-29-2006, 07:54 PM
I dunno whats more nerve racking, wondering if the deal is done or reading all of these posts with speculation.:brickwall

pskinny
03-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Man, if they do land Moulds they can draft for the O-line and the secondary exclusively with the #33, 65, & 66.

My thoughts exactly.

aj.
03-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Drew Hill had 1000 yards here at age 35 btw.

dat_boy_yec
03-29-2006, 08:00 PM

I kinda hope they get help in the secondary, o-line, and a linebacker.

AJExplosion80
03-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Man it would be nice to get Eric Moulds along AJ I know he would be some money but this has been a somewhat good offseason just because we see them working to get something going instead of backtracking like the dumb deal with Oakland for P-Bill last year.:)

dalemurphy
03-29-2006, 08:02 PM

well, there needs to be a CB, FS and LB in there somewhere. and without the 4th round pick, assuming the 1st pick is spent on Bush, that doesn't leave much room for those things to be adequately addressed.

gtexan02
03-29-2006, 08:06 PM
My best bet would be we get him for a 4th. Maybe we should give up a 3rd though, given our track record in the 4th versus the 3rd haha. Anyways, can't wait to hear! Hope he's our!!

aj.
03-29-2006, 08:08 PM
The Texans have only Pitts, Wade, Wand, and maybe Wiegert who can play tackle. I think it will be a tackle at 33 or no later than 65 depending how it falls. Hopefully Casserly doesn't give away one of the 3's for Moulds or I will have to hurt him.

BadLandsMeanie
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Hi folks. Buffalo fan here. I just wanted to stop in and say

a: I sure do wish we would take that deal where we get DD and fifth for Eirc :) I would hop all over that one.

b: I do hope you get Emo. He could really bring a lot to the Texans. He's not so much a deep threat anymore but it's pretty true that if you don't double team him he will get open.

So I don't think teams could double team two guys. It should help your air attack out quite a lot.

el toro
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM
How about:

#33 OT
#65 FS
#66 LB

?

Also, it'd be nice if they do land Moulds that they only give up the 5th rounder.

Big B Texan Fan
03-29-2006, 08:12 PM
I kinda hope they get help in the secondary, o-line, and a linebacker.
Do we look at ashton youboty if he's available at #33 or do we go linemen there and then cb @65 and fs/ss @ 66?????

Sounds good to me either way, if (big if) we land moulds.

Mightymike
03-29-2006, 08:12 PM
How about:

#33 OT
#65 FS
#66 LB

?

Also, it'd be nice if they do land Moulds that they only give up the 5th rounder.

i don't think we need a linebbacker that early. we should replace that with a cb and then take a lb in the 5th (if we get moulds for a 4th)

ArlingtonTexan
03-29-2006, 08:13 PM
The Texans have only Pitts, Wade, Wand, and maybe Wiegert who can play tackle. I think it will be a tackle at 33 or no later than 65 depending how it falls. Hopefully Casserly doesn't give away one of the 3's for Moulds or I will have to hurt him.

There is always the overpaying fear when Casserly is going after the asset.

JAXwithanX
03-29-2006, 08:17 PM
i'm starting to have my doubts that anything has been done.

TexanFan881
03-29-2006, 08:17 PM
It's not going to be higher than a fourth considering the Eagles were the only other team that were offering a draft pick and it was a sixth. I think agreeing to a deal with Moulds was the hard part, getting a deal done with the Bills should be easy.

Mightymike
03-29-2006, 08:18 PM
It's not going to be higher than a fourth considering the Eagles were the only other team that were offering a draft pick and it was a sixth. I think agreeing to a deal with Moulds was the hard part, getting a deal done with the Bills should be easy.

keyword-should

dat_boy_yec
03-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Do we look at ashton youboty if he's available at #33 or do we go linemen there and then cb @65 and fs/ss @ 66?????

Sounds good to me either way, if (big if) we land moulds.

I was kind of hoping for Jason Allen. He's a combo FS/CB so he would provide competition in both positions and get on the field at the position he strengthens the most. Than take Colledge 65 and best available LB with 66 Maybe McIntosh or Hodge. Well, that's just me though.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-29-2006, 08:22 PM
The Texans have made acquisitions in free agency that will allow them to draft the best player available with every pick.

TexanFan881
03-29-2006, 08:25 PM
i'm starting to have my doubts that anything has been done.

With all of the false reports already I could see why

JAXwithanX
03-29-2006, 08:26 PM
So who all again actually heard something on 610? Any other possible sources?

outofhnd
03-29-2006, 08:26 PM
If we get confirmation on yes or no, instead of replying here, just post a new thread... it will be a lot easier.

The Dude Abides
03-29-2006, 08:32 PM
I went to the Bills site and checked out the forum. Only 1 guy claims to have seen it on the 610 news flash/heard it on the radio. So it's the confirmation of one message board poster. I went to the 610wip.com site where it claimed to have originated from and have heard/seen nothing. So as of right now, I'd still consider Moulds to Houston as a rumor.

JAXwithanX
03-29-2006, 08:34 PM
lol....i'm about to call 610.

Tailgate
03-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I went to the Bills site and checked out the forum. Only 1 guy claims to have seen it on the 610 news flash/heard it on the radio. So it's the confirmation of one message board poster. I went to the 610wip.com site where it claimed to have originated from and have heard/seen nothing. So as of right now, I'd still consider Moulds to Houston as a rumor.

Probably is...

But here is the Eagle talk about the situation... speaking as if its done and apparently Moulds was "blown away" with an offer?? Thread is titled... "Great....Moulds to Houston"

Again...probably all just rumors.

http://www.igglephans.com/

TexanFan881
03-29-2006, 08:37 PM
lol....i'm about to call 610.

Please do you'd help everyone so much :redtowel:

outofhnd
03-29-2006, 08:38 PM
While you are at it see if you can convince the eagles to drop out of the race for Moulds.

run-david-run
03-29-2006, 08:39 PM
where is the damn ESPN ticker when you need it?

run-david-run
03-29-2006, 08:40 PM
wow, we have 80 people viewing this thread alone, all hoping to hear the good news....