PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to "The Slick"

aj.
03-25-2006, 09:20 PM
'Lucas Oil Stadium' anyone?

http://www.ibj.com/topstories.asp?A=17944

Texan Asylum
03-25-2006, 09:34 PM
FYI, I sell Lucas products and everyone of them are excellent. The fuel injector cleaner, transmission treatment, and engine oil stabilizer are the top movers and rightfully so. They do work. Get them at your local NAPA store.

mexican_texan
03-25-2006, 11:19 PM
FYI, I sell Lucas products and everyone of them are excellent. The fuel injector cleaner, transmission treatment, and engine oil stabilizer are the top movers and rightfully so. They do work. Get them at your local NAPA store.
http://www.latinmerchant.com/images/product/1Candy%20(14).jpgand I recommend this Lucas product. I actually thought it was that company getting a stadium name at first.

Texan Asylum
03-26-2006, 02:36 PM
http://www.latinmerchant.com/images/product/1Candy%20(14).jpgand I recommend this Lucas product. I actually thought it was that company getting a stadium name at first.
What be that stuff MT? Looks like possibly some chili-lime seasoning of sorts. Some of the guys and gals at the store I manage have some that is pretty good on strawberrys or just about anything you put it on. Different taste, but I'm one that'll dunk a glazed donut in spicy hot salsa and eat it. Ummmmmm!

thegr8fan
03-26-2006, 05:04 PM
that lemon salt is also more corrosive than battery acid. seriously. they did a report on it on a news station out of San Antonio a few months back. It was a bit eye opening at just how corrosive and detrimental to teeth that stuff is.

I saw the article on a Colts site awhile back on the Lucas Oil stadium. It will be a bit wierd actually, but their last stadium was the RCA dome, so corporate sponsored fields isn't something new for the Colts. I would think that a team called Texans could play pretty well on an OIL Field. :)

I've also heard very good things about Lucas automotive products in general. Maybe this won't be one of those, name a field and file bankruptcy cases.

mexican_texan
03-26-2006, 09:36 PM
that lemon salt is also more corrosive than battery acid. seriously. they did a report on it on a news station out of San Antonio a few months back. It was a bit eye opening at just how corrosive and detrimental to teeth that stuff is.

I saw the article on a Colts site awhile back on the Lucas Oil stadium. It will be a bit wierd actually, but their last stadium was the RCA dome, so corporate sponsored fields isn't something new for the Colts. I would think that a team called Texans could play pretty well on an OIL Field. :)

I've also heard very good things about Lucas automotive products in general. Maybe this won't be one of those, name a field and file bankruptcy cases.
Coke isn't exactly liquid toothpaste.

Please_Evolve
03-27-2006, 03:08 PM
just for once I'd like to see a club go historic on the stadium name. Other then Soldier field and Lambeau what's left?....

WWJD
03-27-2006, 03:17 PM
just for once I'd like to see a club go historic on the stadium name. Other then Soldier field and Lambeau what's left?....

I can think of a few.

Superdome

Texas Stadium

Georgia Dome

Titans...isn't it called the Coliseum or something like that?

Arrowhead Stadium

Giants...don't they call it Giants Stadium..

Browns...I think it's called Paul Brown Field or Stadium.

Bullpen Drew
03-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Lucas makes my beer taste better!

mexican_texan
03-27-2006, 04:50 PM
beer taste better!
I thought that was an urban myth:spy:

Speedy
03-27-2006, 05:04 PM
I can think of a few.

Superdome

Texas Stadium

Georgia Dome

Arrowhead Stadium

Giants...don't they call it Giants Stadium..

Browns...I think it's called Paul Brown Field or Stadium.The Bengals play in Paul Brown Stadium. The Browns play in Cleveland Browns Stadium.

And the Dolphins play in Dolphins Stadium.

The Cards played in Sun Devil Stadium.

WWJD
03-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Brother..am I lame. I thought the Dolphins played at the Orange Bowl.

I knew though there were plenty of stadiums with "regular" names and not corporate names.

Blu
03-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Lucas makes my beer taste better!
& your blood pressure shoot up!

Any beer that needs that stuff is just p*ss in a bottle.... drink a true beer like Shiner!
I used to polute my liver with that stuff all the time... plus it a10 Corona's to 5 Shiner ratio.

Brando
07-09-2008, 11:34 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/LucasOilStadium.jpg/300px-LucasOilStadium.jpg

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/lucas08903.jpg

I'm looking forward to playing in the new stadium. Maybe the Texans will beat the Colts in Indy for the first time.:texflag:

Texan_Bill
07-09-2008, 11:39 AM

Used to be Adelphia (as in communications co.) Coliseum, now it's called LP Field. (As in Louisiana-Pacific)

Wolf
07-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Used to be Adelphia (as in communications co.) Coliseum, now it's called LP Field. (As in Louisiana-Pacific)

Losers Paradise is what I thought it meant

Specnatz
07-09-2008, 11:57 AM
The Bengals play in Paul Brown Stadium. The Browns play in Cleveland Browns Stadium.

And the Dolphins play in Dolphins Stadium.

The Cards played in Sun Devil Stadium.

No they play in a ballpark named after an online college .. Phoenix something or other.

TexanSam
07-09-2008, 12:00 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/LucasOilStadium.jpg/300px-LucasOilStadium.jpg

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/lucas08903.jpg

I'm looking forward to playing in the new stadium. Maybe the Texans will beat the Colts in Indy for the first time.:texflag:

Maybe it's just me, but the seating structure reminds me a little bit of Reliant.

Texan_Bill
07-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Losers Paradise is what I thought it meant

I'll buy that!! ;)

Brando
07-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the seating structure reminds me a little bit of Reliant.

Not just you, I thought the same thing. I wonder what the roof policy will be? :thinking:

Wolf
07-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Not just you, I thought the same thing. I wonder what the roof policy will be? :thinking:

roof policy? I am wondering about the sound quality :mshadows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEWYig52EIo

maybe they go digital :specnatz:

Texan_Bill
07-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Dunno about the roof policy or how much crowd noise will be piped in, but what I wanna know is the window policy. The large window wall has 6 huge panels that also open up in addition to the roof.... :thinking:

Wolf
07-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Dunno about the roof policy or how much crowd noise will be piped in, but what I wanna know is the window policy. The large window wall has 6 huge panels that also open up in addition to the roof.... :thinking:

that depends on the timeframe with the ebb and flow of Peytons ego TB :pirate: :user:

:joker:

Texan_Bill
07-09-2008, 12:58 PM
that depends on the timeframe with the ebb and flow of Peytons ego TB :pirate: :user:

:joker:

Too FUNNY!!!!

+1

OzzO
07-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah, looks quite a bit like reliant - too bad our design team didn't think of a cross-wind possiblity (opening windows) for the stadium.

Wolf
07-10-2008, 03:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Anbl9sMQvr5q3KmzUoaOZYodsLYF?slug=ap-colts-stadiumdamage&prov=ap&type=lgns

Storm causes damage at new Colts stadium

By TOM MURPHY, Associated Press Writer Jul 9, 6:03 pm EDT

INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Three roof drains in Lucas Oil Stadium sprang leaks when thunderstorms hit Indianapolis Tuesday night, leading to some water damage in a data center and other areas.

But stadium officials say the damage shouldn’t delay the Aug. 16 public opening for the new home of the Indianapolis Colts. Construction work continued Wednesday, said John Klipsch, executive director of the Indiana Stadium and Convention Building Authority.

“At this juncture, no one’s reporting that we’re going to miss our opening dates,” he said.

Some high school football games will be played a few days after the public opening, and the Colts are scheduled to play the Buffalo Bills in an Aug. 24 preseason game.

Klipsch said crews were still investigating how three of the stadium’s 20 main roof drains leaked. It was too early to estimate the damage total or say whether problems stemmed from design, manufacturing or installation issues.

Crews had repaired the three fractured drain pipes by Wednesday afternoon.

At least a couple feet of water poured into the stadium’s data room, which is below ground, after a drain on the stadium’s northeast corner cracked. The room serves as a control center for telephones, Wi-Fi and Internet access and houses some recently installed computers and receiver components.

whiskeyrbl
07-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Time to start a new tradition in Indy. Winning against the Colts.

TexanSam
07-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah, looks quite a bit like reliant - too bad our design team didn't think of a cross-wind possiblity (opening windows) for the stadium.

Yeah, the opening windows thing seems like a really cool idea. The stadium looks very nice. I like the brown (brick?) exterior. Makes it look a little old fashioned and classy.

Speedy
07-10-2008, 11:15 PM
No they play in a ballpark named after an online college .. Phoenix something or other.

Well, when I made that post over 2 years ago, they played in Sun Devil Stadium. They now play in University of Phoenix Stadium.