PDA

View Full Version : The Free Agent Fill in Hidden Agenda

Cheroqui
03-25-2006, 03:23 PM
We seem to be doing pretty good filling in spots that we need to replace or make stronger in all areas aside from not getting to a new CB or two to play opposite Dunta. With all that we seem to be filling in do you think the organiztion is pulling in so much now to do something big when the draft hits?

I mean I know everyone is tired of hearing and reading it, and so am I but, you think we may go for Reggie #1 then let go of late round picks and possible players to try and have our cake and eat it too with Vince or D'Brick? In a way I'm almost wishing Vince didn't do anything at his Pro Day and let all the other teams keep talking about how his stock has fallen so we could make a steal. We may still do that. Since he wants to come here so bad he might pull an Eli; cross his arms and poke his lips out to come to Houston. He may even come without thinking about wanting top dollar.

So what do you think is going on? FA fill in that we have made just part of the process? or Working it all out now to give us more flexibility during draft day?

tulexan
03-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Yes to take Reggie Bush the best player in the draft. Not to take Vince Young the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the draft.

The Myth
03-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Alot of this sounds like wishful thinking and a bit of a reach. I don't think your going to see the Texans make some ground breaking deal to get Bush AND D'Brick or Vince.

I really don't think your going to see Vince pull an Eli either. He will want to show everyone, INCLUDING the Texans they made a mistake and he will do that from whichever team drafts him.

Spin it whatever way you want, the Texans have made a choice with Carr. They did not have to do that but they did. Time to move on. Before someone mentions how all the staff and owners were at Vince's workout, remember it wasn't just his workout. It was the Longhorns workouts.

TEXANRED
03-25-2006, 04:15 PM
He may even come without thinking about wanting top dollar.

LOL. That part is very very funny. This is the same man who is still a college football player and came to Houston and charged $75.00 for an autograph and $100.00 for a picture. Even has a notice posted to just get an autograph and go, no conversations with Vince Young. That of course was supposed to be so he could see all his fans. Nothing to do with less time talking, more time signing=a butt load of more money. That was a pretty good home town discount.

The Myth
03-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Right! Soeon has his magic sunglasses on where they are surrounded by meadows with butterflys and Vince Young in a Texans jersey. Wishful thinking like I said above. Nothing wrong with a little dreaming though. I have the same glasses only with Candice Michelle without the jersey in the meadow. :redtowel:

powda
03-25-2006, 05:08 PM
the hidden agenda?

all free agency signs point to drafting a cornerback in the 2nd round unless someone stellar falls that far.

we've subtley adressed lots of needs already this offseason. i wasnt to keen the way things started out ,but they've come around nicely.

The Myth
03-25-2006, 05:12 PM
the hidden agenda?

all free agency signs point to drafting a cornerback in the 2nd round unless someone stellar falls that far.

we've subtley adressed lots of needs already this offseason. i wasnt to keen the way things started out ,but they've come around nicely.
Getting some value now. If they jumped right out there they likely would have been in with everyone else overpaying. :stirpot:

tulexan
03-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Since he wants to come here so bad he might pull an Eli; cross his arms and poke his lips out to come to Houston.

That only works when the team that he wants to go to wants him. In this case, we don't want him, so his complaining would do nothing except make him look immature and selfish like Eli Manning. LaDainian Tomlinson said it the best. He said that it is an honor just to be drafted let alone be a top pick. There is no reason to complain because you would rather go somewhere else.

HOOK'EM
03-26-2006, 11:39 PM
A new nickname for Bush, "the ANSWER":redtowel: