PDA

View Full Version : Redskins Fan Here Few Statements like Reggie Bush ect...

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 12:38 PM
I have just been wondering on these forums for reasons I dont know why for a while now and have wondered " Why in the hell do Texans Fans want Reggie Bush"? plus other stuff....

Reggie Bush:

Ok look, I know he is one of the best players to come out of the draft in a long time. But I mean your defense, offensive line is horrible and Running Back and Punt/Kick Returner look like one of your best positions. Asking Reggie Bush to move to Wide Reciever would totally be out of the question too despite how effective he is there.

So my question to you texans fans is...

Wouldnt you rather grab A.J Hawk, Micheal Huff, or Mario Williams? Maybe trade up for more picks and grab Chad Jackson or SanAntonio Holmes. Or trade up and pick Winston Justice and Nick Mangold or some other elite offensive line prospects? I mean, this is a really deep draft especially for offensive line and trading out of the top 10 for more picks wont really hurt that much. Infact it might help...

Gary Kubiak:

Just thought I would say here I think he will bring this organization to be respectable some day. He worked under Shanahan plus he really knows how to make good offenses. Only thing I really question is can he be a leader and not the next Norv Turner(great mind but cant lead).

Quarterback Position

I personally think if you give David Carr an offensive line and some weapons he can lead you to a championship. As for Vince Young...I think he should pray to god and for the sake of his NFL Career that he gets drafted by Tennessee becuase pretty much anywhere is I dont think hed be in a good situation. He should of stayed his Senior year like Lienart did.

Just what I think. Good Luck next season, Houston is gonna be one of those teams you queitly root for during your favorite teams bye week.

Grid
03-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks for stopping by.

Here is the whole "thing" with Reggie Bush. As you said, yes he is one of the best players to come out in a long time, and its not often that a team gets a chance to draft a player like that. Yes we do have some needs other than RB, but they are not as great as others make them out to be.

For example, you mentioned Oline. As of right now, we have 3 starting Olinemen which are locks to start at their position, and are actually pretty talented. Pitts at LT, McKinney at LG, and Flanagan at Center. That leaves RG and RT to fill. For those two positions we have three players which are all likely to be good enough to "fill the need".. Todd Wade, Zach Wiegert, and Seth Wand. EVEN SO... this is one of the deepest drafts in recent memory when it comes to offensive linemen, and there is no doubt in my mind that we will still be able to get good offensive line prospects all the way to the third round.

Since it is so deep and we can get good linemen all the way into the 3rd round, you have to ask yourself what is the point of drafting one in the first? Sure you get to draft one of the supposed "top linemen" available. But there is a reason why so many of these linemen are rated so high... it is because they are talented. The drop off in Talent from D'brickashaw Ferguson to Eric Winston to Daryn Colledge.. is miniscule. I honestly couldnt tell you which one of those guys is most likely to be the best NFL starter.. yet one of them will be drafted in the 1st, one in the 2nd, and one in the 3rd.

Anyway.. moving on. On Defense we really do have some holes to fill.. the problem there is that our biggest holes are now FS and CB. We recently agreed to terms with Cowart, so we have a MLB. We have OLBs, we have DEs and DTs and SSs and one good CB. What we need is another good CB, and a FS. Those are our only real NEEDS this offseason (and CB is not really a need, but more like a necessary upgrade).

Anyway.. CB is kind of like the OTs this year. There are a collection of great CB prospects coming out...and they are so similar in talent level that scouts havent even been able to agree on their draft order. Grabbing a CB or FS in the 2nd round with our #33 pick looks like the most likely option for us at the moment. To me at least.

As far as FS goes...I only know of two that are really talented..and I would only want one of them. Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson...and I dont want Simpson. SO I am hoping that Donte Whitner is available at #33. But, I am not so enamored with Donte Whitner (and our need is not so great) that I am willing to trade down and make sure I get him. I dont want him more than I would want an elite and rare prospect like Reggie Bush.

And yes.. Gary Kubiak rocks.. he is going to bring us to "respectability" faster than the league thinks.

Porky
03-25-2006, 12:56 PM
It's really quite simple. At the top of the draft, you take the best player regardless of need (QB excluded). Great players, make good teams great, and avg teams good. They make everone around them better. If you draft high to simply fill needs, you will always be medicore.

Kaiser Toro
03-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Bush is a great player. He has a great name. He is a great guy. He is exciting. He however does not fit into our plans, budget or need. We will most likely draft him at #1 and he will never wear a Texans uniform. Just my two cents before I go to garden show.

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 01:05 PM
It's really quite simple. At the top of the draft, you take the best player regardless of need (QB excluded). Great players, make good teams great, and avg teams good. They make everone around them better. If you draft high to simply fill needs, you will always be medicore.

True

I guess houston fans want a star running back again like they had Earl Campbell. Which theres nothing wrong with that.

Porky
03-25-2006, 01:08 PM
True

I guess houston fans want a star running back again like they had Earl Campbell. Which theres nothing wrong with that.

Exactly. And if you know history, the years before Earl arrived they were mediocore. Then they went to the AFC title game a couple of years in a row early in Earl's career. AS I said above, players like that can take your team up one level all on their own, and elevate the perceived quality of their teammates.

KT, I know you are on Mario's bandwagon, but you are so off, it isn't even funny.

tulexan
03-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Bush is a great player. He has a great name. He is a great guy. He is exciting. He however does not fit into our plans, budget or need. We will most likely draft him at #1 and he will never wear a Texans uniform. Just my two cents before I go to garden show.

I think this is as unlikely as the Texans drafting Vince #1.

That happens a lot more in the NBA than it does in the NFL.

Kaiser Toro
03-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I think this is as unlikely as the Texans drafting Vince #1.

That happens a lot more in the NBA than it does in the NFL.

Drafting VY makes less sense than drafting Bush.

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 01:17 PM

Yea, David Carr is gonna be great for you guys.

tulexan
03-25-2006, 01:21 PM

It makes just as much sense as drafting Bush and then trading him. Especially after the contract dispute with Rivers and the Chargers where Rivers ended up getting #1 money after being picked 4. Agents will see this as setting a precedent and will demand the same.

Generally this only happens when the player refuses to play for the team (see Elway and E. Manning).

In the NBA on the other hand, you have teams picking players for other teams and then trading them.

PapaL
03-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Taking Bush is like the Chiefs drafting Larry Johnson while they had Holmes and Blaylock on their roster. That move looked foolish at the time, is paying off really well now.

tulexan
03-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Or the Bills taking Willis McGahee when they had Travis Henry

Grid
03-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Taking Bush is like the Chiefs drafting Larry Johnson while they had Holmes and Blaylock on their roster. That move looked foolish at the time, is paying off really well now.

:redtowel:

Kaiser Toro
03-25-2006, 01:39 PM

It is absolutely nothing like that in its totality. From a log jam standpoint at one position yes. But nothing like it from a pick stand point.

tulexan
03-25-2006, 01:46 PM
It is absolutely nothing like that in its totality. From a log jam standpoint at one position yes. But nothing like it from a pick stand point.

I actually agree with you. In the previous season Holmes had a potentially career ending injury so they drafted Johnson as insurance and to be the successor to Holmes.

That is why I believe that it is closer to the Bills situation. Henry was the starting back and had a couple good seasons under him. They didn't need Willis McGahee but felt that he was potentially too good to pass up.

c5demon
03-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks for your input, BUT I think you have BIGGER problems this year then we (texans) do. DALLAS is stocking up and ready to put a pounding on your as. Once the Boys and the rest of the teams in NFC East pound you. You'll have the problem we had. Finishing Last!

PapaL
03-25-2006, 01:49 PM

Granted there were other factors in that pick, but when you boil it down they had Holmes starting and good backup (Blaylock) before they drafted Johnson. He was by far the BPA at the 27th pick.

touttail
03-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Welcome CP26!!!

As far as drafting a lineman, I agree that we need linemen badly to shore up our offense, but you don't select a lineman the very frist pick of the draft.

I like the idea of having RBush on our team. The excitement he will bring will make it worth while.

Carr guiding us to the Champonship. That will have to be seen. Granted, he will be better player, but a top notch QB???

Bobby 119C

Kaiser Toro
03-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Granted there were other factors in that pick, but when you boil it down they had Holmes starting and good backup (Blaylock) before they drafted Johnson. He was by far the BPA at the 27th pick.

Yeah I agree, but BPA at #1 and BPA at #27 are a total different ball of wax from a cost and expectation for playing time standpoint. I would not say that the Texans' situation is like the Chiefs'.

Koolbrz
03-25-2006, 01:54 PM
I have just been wondering on these forums for reasons I dont know why for a while now and have wondered " Why in the hell do Texans Fans want Reggie Bush"? plus other stuff....

Reggie Bush:

Ok look, I know he is one of the best players to come out of the draft in a long time. But I mean your defense, offensive line is horrible and Running Back and Punt/Kick Returner look like one of your best positions. Asking Reggie Bush to move to Wide Reciever would totally be out of the question too despite how effective he is there.

Wouldnt you rather grab A.J Hawk, Micheal Huff, or Mario Williams? Maybe trade up for more picks and grab Chad Jackson or SanAntonio Holmes. Or trade up and pick Winston Justice and Nick Mangold or some other elite offensive line prospects? I mean, this is a really deep draft especially for offensive line and trading out of the top 10 for more picks wont really hurt that much. Infact it might help...

Gary Kubiak:

Just thought I would say here I think he will bring this organization to be respectable some day. He worked under Shanahan plus he really knows how to make good offenses. Only thing I really question is can he be a leader and not the next Norv Turner(great mind but cant lead).

Quarterback Position

I personally think if you give David Carr an offensive line and some weapons he can lead you to a championship. As for Vince Young...I think he should pray to god and for the sake of his NFL Career that he gets drafted by Tennessee becuase pretty much anywhere is I dont think hed be in a good situation. He should of stayed his Senior year like Lienart did.

Just what I think. Good Luck next season, Houston is gonna be one of those teams you queitly root for during your favorite teams bye week.

Why draft Reggie you ask. Well lets see....He will give us a threat on offense that we don't have. He is a gamebreaker!! Something the Texans are lacking. Look at Dallas they have TO. Why in the world would anyone want him after last yr? He is a gamebreaker, that is why. S. Smith, LT, S. Alexander, L. Johnson, S. Moss, R. Moss. What do they all have in common. They are all gamebreakers. Capable of taking over a game in an instant. The Texans do not have this kind of player. It is something that we need and should pick up with the first pick this yr. The team has signed some solid players through FA. No need to use your first pick on an O-Lineman. We have the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rd's to add some more quality players at our need positions. Just can't pass up Reggie...They have not drafted a rb with this much talent since E. Campbell. That is a long time ago my friend. Some people will not agree with the pick, if they do pick him, but i will tell you this. The first time this guy breaks free for a 70 yd TD run at home EVERYONE will be chanting his name. Reggie, Reggie, Reggie, Reggie

PapaL
03-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah I agree, but BPA at #1 and BPA at #27 are a total different ball of wax from a cost and expectation for playing time standpoint. I would not say that the Texans' situation is like the Chiefs'.

I dont think its different when you already have an established starter and you then use your 1st round pick on that same position. That part is similar, cost is something else completely. We're talking about drafting a player, not his pay.

Kaiser Toro
03-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Why draft Reggie you ask. Well lets see....He will give us a threat on offense that we don't have. He is a gamebreaker!! Something the Texans are lacking. Look at Dallas they have TO. Why in the world would anyone want him after last yr? He is a gamebreaker, that is why. S. Smith, LT, S. Alexander, L. Johnson, S. Moss, R. Moss. What do they all have in common. They are all gamebreakers. Capable of taking over a game in an instant. The Texans do not have this kind of player. It is something that we need and should pick up with the first pick this yr. The team has signed some solid players through FA. No need to use your first pick on an O-Lineman. We have the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rd's to add some more quality players at our need positions. Just can't pass up Reggie...They have not drafted a rb with this much talent since E. Campbell. That is a long time ago my friend. Some people will not agree with the pick, if they do pick him, but i will tell you this. The first time this guy breaks free for a 70 yd TD run at home EVERYONE will be chanting his name. Reggie, Reggie, Reggie, Reggie

Thank you so much for proving my point. All those guys were not number 1 picks. They are what is called great scouting and/or great value. They were then signed to mega contracts after becoming NFL playmakers. We are already paying two gamebreakers in college, NFL gamembreaker money in DC and AJ. We do not need a third college game breaker for NFL gamebreaker money on this team.

tsip
03-25-2006, 02:03 PM
"Great players, make good teams great, and avg teams good. They make everone around them better."

This is a big 'knock' by some with Carr because they feel if Carr is so 'great,' he should be able to over come some of the BS and do exactly what you're talking about. Does this thought apply to Carr or does it only apply when a 'perfect' playing environment exists?...just curious...:confused:

Grid
03-25-2006, 02:08 PM
great players cant make a bad team great... they can make a bad team better, but not great.. sometimes they cant even make a bad team good.

LT is an example of that. The Chargers didnt get good until Gates came around and Brees stepped up his game.

I think the error that some people make when chastising Carr is they expect him to be awesome despite everything he had working against him.

Honestly I wouldnt even qualify Carr as great... but he is good and could be great with enough help around him.

Last year was a bad year.. but if ya think about the year before last, Carr did pretty well despite the circumstances he was in. He just needs more help.

tulexan
03-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Thank you so much for proving my point. All those guys were not number 1 picks. They are what is called great scouting and/or great value. They were then signed to mega contracts after becoming NFL playmakers. We are already paying two gamebreakers in college, NFL gamembreaker money in DC and AJ. We do not need a third college game breaker for NFL gamebreaker money on this team.

But you are more than willing to draft Mario Williams (a college gamebreaker) and give him NFL gamebreaker money.

Isn't that a bit of hypocrisy?

Maddict5
03-25-2006, 02:37 PM

Reggie Bush:

whats wrong with moving him out there for a few plays a game, he needs to be on the field for alot of plays if we're going to get our money's worth for drafting him #1

thunderkyss
03-25-2006, 02:37 PM
First of all, I want to say, I can't think of one bad thing that can happen from Drafting Reggie BUsh.......... but I don't want him. I want to trade down, or draft Vince.

I agree with a lot of the Reggie fans here, we made some great FA moves, that trading down isn't as necessary as it once was. Lineman, starting lineman can be had later in this draft........... Starting Corners too. I don't think we need more than 6 players from this draft. I do agree the more picks you have, the better the chances are that you will get players(people who will play well enough to be on a team). But that is the case with everyone. but you can't expect every team to trade down. I don't think,now, that our need to trade down is any greater, than any other team.

But I don't want Reggie.......... If we had got any coach other than Kubiak, maybe........ but with Kubiak, I believe DD, Wells, and Morency will be awesome.......... heck get rid of Wells, and pick up D'Angelo, or Adai......... with Kubiak, they can have the same impact Reggie could.

I want Vince........ for reasons I've stated before. If Vince weren't in this draft, I'd want Mario.........

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 03:12 PM
great players cant make a bad team great... they can make a bad team better, but not great.. sometimes they cant even make a bad team good.

LT is an example of that. The Chargers didnt get good until Gates came around and Brees stepped up his game.

I think the error that some people make when chastising Carr is they expect him to be awesome despite everything he had working against him.

Honestly I wouldnt even qualify Carr as great... but he is good and could be great with enough help around him.

Last year was a bad year.. but if ya think about the year before last, Carr did pretty well despite the circumstances he was in. He just needs more help.

I know what your saying sorta...I mean put Ben Roethlisburgr, Peyton Manning, or Tom Brady behind that offensive line. I garuantee none of them will do better than David Carr has done.

bigcarlos
03-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Yea, David Carr is gonna be great for you guys.
:pigfly:

Exascor
03-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks for your input, BUT I think you have BIGGER problems this year then we (texans) do. DALLAS is stocking up and ready to put a pounding on your as. Once the Boys and the rest of the teams in NFC East pound you. You'll have the problem we had. Finishing Last!You sound more like a Cowboys fan than a Texans fan.

Welcome to the forums CP26.

Hottoddie
03-25-2006, 04:39 PM
It's not that I'm not intrigued by Bush, I just don't believe he's going to be able to do the things that his supporters believe he can. He reminds me of Marshall Faulk, & while Faulk is a great player, I wouldn't take him in the top 6 picks either.

1) D'Brickashaw Ferguson

2) Mario Williams (not likely, with the signing of Weaver)

3) Vernon Davis (with Putzier in the fold, imagine putting Davis in as a WR opposite of AJ)

4) Vince Young (not likely, but Minnesota, Oakland, Denver, & Arizona could use a QB like Carr)

5) Michael Huff

6) A.J. Hawk

7) Any player the Texans feel is worthy of the #1 pick, & yes, that includes Bush.

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 04:45 PM
You sound more like a Cowboys fan than a Texans fan.

Welcome to the forums CP26.

Yea he does...whats funny is once the Cowboys start to lose your locker room is gonna fall apart...Terrell Owens, Mike Vanderjagt, A Qb who isnt scared to yell at his recievers....Yea ok.

Oh and Im not scared of T.O buddy. Sean Taylor can shut down recievers such as Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and tight ends like Tony Gonzales and Antonio Gates...Of course im just being a homer though lol(rolls eyes).

and hi exascor

tulexan
03-25-2006, 04:50 PM
You better hope Taylor is on the field rather than in the yard next season

DominickDavisFan76
03-25-2006, 04:50 PM
]']I think our FA signings made it that we dont have to reach on any player. I sure hope we get Mario.

Now that we just signed Anthony Weaver, and we got a lot more FAs, I highly, I mean Highly Doubt that we will take Mario Williams, nice try though!

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 04:51 PM
You better hope Taylor is on the field rather than in the yard next season

Dont worry im praying!

:)

back on subject

Koolbrz
03-25-2006, 05:29 PM

So why don't you tell me what games have either DC or AJ ever taken over and dominated ala the names i mentioned. Give me just one game and i will eat my words. No excuses about anything, o-line, defense, ST, what ever. All i want is one game were they totally dominated.

Koolbrz
03-25-2006, 05:41 PM
First of all, I want to say, I can't think of one bad thing that can happen from Drafting Reggie BUsh.......... but I don't want him. I want to trade down, or draft Vince.

I agree with a lot of the Reggie fans here, we made some great FA moves, that trading down isn't as necessary as it once was. Lineman, starting lineman can be had later in this draft........... Starting Corners too. I don't think we need more than 6 players from this draft. I do agree the more picks you have, the better the chances are that you will get players(people who will play well enough to be on a team). But that is the case with everyone. but you can't expect every team to trade down. I don't think,now, that our need to trade down is any greater, than any other team.

But I don't want Reggie.......... If we had got any coach other than Kubiak, maybe........ but with Kubiak, I believe DD, Wells, and Morency will be awesome.......... heck get rid of Wells, and pick up D'Angelo, or Adai......... with Kubiak, they can have the same impact Reggie could.

I want Vince........ for reasons I've stated before. If Vince weren't in this draft, I'd want Mario.........

The Texan RB's are good players at best. DD is hurt 4-5 games out of the yr, Morency--we still don't really know what he can do because of limited playing time, and Wells is a pure power back. None of these guys have break away speed and that is something that is needed in the type of offense they will be running this yr. You want a back that can find the hole, get through it, and breakaway from the pack Ala T. Bell. DD was caught from behind 6 times last yr on what should have been breakaway runs. We do need Reggie. He would make our offense way more potent. Nothing against VY, he is a great athlete, but he is not really needed on this team considering the money they are dishing out at the QB position already. He in all honesty would be a better fit in Tenn. Hate to say it, but its true.

wolf123
03-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but Koolbrz is right. DD has never had the speed needed to take a run to the house for more than 40 yards. Morency is a carbon copy of DD and although we can not be positive of everything he brings to the field, do to lack for playing time, we can draw the speculate that he also is only an average back. Bush, on the other hand, has the speed needed to break open a huge run. It is clearly obvious through past games of this speed and vision. I recently watched his college highlight reel and high school highlight reel and although HIGHLIGHT reels are always positive and lacking a true argument of both sides, his vision, agility, speed, ad tackle breaking ability is apparent. He constantly sets up his runs so that the defense will miss. He ducks and jukes and stops on a dime to force the defensive player to arm tackle him, which he usually sheds instantly. I encourage anyone that doubts his ability/field vision/tackle-breaking ability to take a couple minutes to watch these vids. They are located in the 2006 NFL Draft and Combine Forum on this sight under a thread titled something like "#5 in 06" or something. Take a look. Its pretty impressive.

I feel i must also add that I was not originally for drafting Bush, but as the offseason has played out, trading down looks less and less appealing and likely due to other teams fulfilling their needs through FA and they are now targeting best player available. Also, I agree that VY would have a better fit in Tenn and has no real chance of being drafted by Houston.

Mailman04
03-25-2006, 06:18 PM
is Fred Weary an option at right guard maybe too?

dat_boy_yec
03-25-2006, 06:20 PM

What do you mean logjam, we currently only have 2 backs in our system and if Kubiak uses 2 in tandem then we have no backup if one of them goes down.

Carr Bombed
03-25-2006, 06:20 PM
So why don't you tell me what games have either DC or AJ ever taken over and dominated ala the names i mentioned. Give me just one game and i will eat my words. No excuses about anything, o-line, defense, ST, what ever. All i want is one game were they totally dominated.

How about the Vikings 4th quarter or, the games where we swept the jags and shut them out, the Titans second half in 04 where they came back from a 21 point dificit, or the Cardinals game last year.

As far as dominating a whole game, it doesn't really happen, because once we do jump out with a lead (Cardinals game) we were then forced to play "Capers" ball.

We've never had a attacking offense and it had nothing to do with the players (oline aside), but rather Capers system. Capers would rather ride a seven point lead then bury a team and go for the win.

Kubiak isn't going to do that. We are finally going to have the type of offense all of us have envisioned when we drafted these players.

Erratic Assassin
03-25-2006, 06:22 PM
your defense, offensive line is horrible and Running Back and Punt/Kick Returner look like one of your best positions.

Wouldnt you rather grab A.J Hawk, Micheal Huff, or Mario Williams?

That would make too much sense. We were cursed with the #1 overall pick so we cannot take Mario Williams. It would be against the law to draft anyone other than Bush. Don't ask me to explain it because I don't understand it myself.

thunderkyss
03-25-2006, 06:29 PM
The Texan RB's are good players at best. DD is hurt 4-5, games out of the yr, Morency--we still don't really know what he can do because of limited playing time, and Wells is a pure power back. DD has started more games his first three years, than Ederirin James, Tiki Barber, Larry Johnson, Clinton Portis,None of these guys have break away speed and that is something that is needed in the type of offense they will be running this yr. You want a back that can find the hole, get through it, and breakaway from the pack Ala T. Bell. DD was caught from behind 6 times last yr on what should have been breakaway runs.So defenses don't worry about 30 yrd runs?? yeah, OK. & no, we don't know how good our three can be, with Kubiak in charge. But I've got a good feeling we'll be better than we were last year. We do need Reggie. He would make our offense way more potent.
You think we can get a player comparable to D'Brick lower in the draft?? Look at the running backs... Now imagine them in Kubiaks zone blocking......

Nothing against VY, he is a great athlete, but he is not really needed on this team considering the money they are dishing out at the QB position already. He in all honesty would be a better fit in Tenn. Hate to say it, but its true.

You think Carr is getting paid more than Steve McNair.....:rofl:

When people talk about the Texans, they say,'"well, they've got a good running game, and good special teams"

Tennessee doesn't have anything that would make it a betterr fit for Vince. Our Recievers are better(well, when we had Gaff), we have a running game..... We have a QB guru... We have a veteren QB who can..... Ok, maybe they've got one thing.... but Vince has been picking Steve's brain for a few years now already.

tulexan
03-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Tiki wasn't the primary back until 2000 and he has only missed 6 games in his 9 year career. Larry Johnson was the backup for the perennial pro bowler Priest Holmes for the first 2.5 seasons of his career.

thunderkyss
03-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Tiki wasn't the primary back until 2000 and he has only missed 6 games in his 9 year career. Larry Johnson was the backup for the perennial pro bowler Priest Holmes for the first 2.5 seasons of his career.

Tiki missed 4 games his first year.... his three game total is 44.... only 4 more than DD, and DD was the main guy.

LJ missed 16 games his first two years, and he wasn't the featured back.

makes DD look even better if you ask me.

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 07:22 PM
The Texan RB's are good players at best. DD is hurt 4-5 games out of the yr, Morency--we still don't really know what he can do because of limited playing time, and Wells is a pure power back. None of these guys have break away speed and that is something that is needed in the type of offense they will be running this yr. You want a back that can find the hole, get through it, and breakaway from the pack Ala T. Bell. DD was caught from behind 6 times last yr on what should have been breakaway runs. We do need Reggie. He would make our offense way more potent. Nothing against VY, he is a great athlete, but he is not really needed on this team considering the money they are dishing out at the QB position already. He in all honesty would be a better fit in Tenn. Hate to say it, but its true.

Clinton Portis got cought a few times from behind too. You calling him slow?lol. If I remember right, he did face tough defenses and broke alot of NCAA Records while in college. This guy is the real deal and if Reggie Bush stayed for his senior and DeAngelo played for a half decent team last year this guy would be so hyped right now it wouldnt even be funny.

tulexan
03-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Clinton Portis got cought a few times from behind too. You calling him slow?lol. If I remember right, he did face tough defenses and broke alot of NCAA Records while in college. This guy is the real deal and if Reggie Bush stayed for his senior and DeAngelo played for a half decent team last year this guy would be so hyped right now it wouldnt even be funny.

Who broke a lot of records? I'm a little confused.

DD? Portis? Bush?

CodeBlue
03-25-2006, 09:02 PM
i have to agree with u here with CP. he is speedy (first play from scrimmage for redskins, how many long TD's did he have for denver?)

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Who broke a lot of records? I'm a little confused.

DD? Portis? Bush?

DeAngelo Williams/HB/Memphis

Clinton Portis was nothing at the College level and he would of busts like a balloon if Denver hadnt drafted him and tought him how to block well and not dance around. Thanks Denver :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

PapaL
03-25-2006, 09:32 PM
DeAngelo Williams/HB/Memphis

Clinton Portis was nothing at the College level and he would of busts like a balloon if Denver hadnt drafted him and tought him how to block well and not dance around. Thanks Denver :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

CP started as a freshman at "The U" and had 838 yards and 8 TDs. As a Junior, he led them in rushing with 1200 yards and 10 on their way to the National Championship. Hardly doing nothing at the college level. He should have been a Texan, instead we get Jabar Gaffney (who has left) and Chester Pitts (who is not CP, lol). Damn you Capers....

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 09:32 PM
CP started as a freshman at "The U" and had 838 yards and 8 TDs. As a Junior, he led them in rushing with 1200 yards and 10 on their way to the National Championship. Hardly doing nothing at the college level.

That only proves even more I know nothin about college football.

el toro
03-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Take the talent, adjust if necessary. It's not like Bush can't get his touches plus run routes in the slot. DD is a servicable back. Since when is serviceable enough to avoid taking the top player in the game?

If you seek to build a team that is average at every position then you end up with an average team.

There is a role for Bush on this team and beyond that, you have a coaching staff that can make use of his talents. You also have a coaching staff that knows how to put together an O-line and a front office that is in the process of bringing in the talent to make it work.

I'm tempted to stop reading this forum now and then come back in September and see if everyone thinks drafting Bush was a bad idea.

swtbound07
03-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Take the talent, adjust if necessary. It's not like Bush can't get his touches plus run routes in the slot. DD is a servicable back. Since when is serviceable enough to avoid taking the top player in the game?

If you seek to build a team that is average at every position then you end up with an average team.

There is a role for Bush on this team and beyond that, you have a coaching staff that can make use of his talents. You also have a coaching staff that knows how to put together an O-line and a front office that is in the process of bringing in the talent to make it work.

I'm tempted to stop reading this forum now and then come back in September and see if everyone thinks drafting Bush was a bad idea.

I still will.....put me on the list early and often....reggie wont be successful in the nfl.

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 11:36 PM
I still will.....put me on the list early and often....reggie wont be successful in the nfl.

I think he busts only if he goes to these places...

Oakland
New Orleans
San Fransisco
San Diego

Otherwise if he does bust or disapoints. He can be a kick/punt returner or move to Wide Reciever. Or play both and catch lets say 30 Balls for 408 Yards, 3 Touchdowns.

Then on Kick Returns have like a 26.2 AVG and 1 Touchdown here and there and Punt Returns have like 9.0 AVG and 1 Touchdown each season.

And by the way does Reggie Bush have Asthma or heart related problems becuase only being able to "touch" the ball maybe 16-20 times a game is pretty soft.

dat_boy_yec
03-25-2006, 11:42 PM
I think he busts only if he goes to these places...

Houston
Oakland
New Orleans
San Fransisco
San Diego

Otherwise if he does bust or disapoints. He can be a kick/punt returner or move to Wide Reciever. Or play both and catch lets say 30 Balls for 408 Yards, 3 Touchdowns.

Then on Kick Returns have like a 26.2 AVG and 1 Touchdown here and there and Punt Returns have like 9.0 AVG and 1 Touchdown each season.

And by the way does Reggie Bush have Asthma or heart related problems becuase only being able to "touch" the ball maybe 16-20 times a game is pretty soft.

why do you think he would bust if he came to Houston?

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 11:44 PM
why do you think he would bust if he came to Houston?

Wasnt thinking... Thought Domanick Davis was able to play a whole season there(its late where i live lol). My bad. But I thought then wasnt a huge need for him considering the HB Position is average and the kick/punt returner is a pro bowler.

F-minus67
03-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Why are people freaking about the fact that an o linemen will not be drafted early? The thing about the denver zone scheme is that you don't need to draft high round talent. It uses linemen who fit the system. You don't have to have elite talent, since what they try to do is get as many defenders on the ground as possible. Thats why they cut and people call them dirty.

tulexan
03-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Reggie is perfectly healthy. People say that he can't carry the ball 20 times per game because in college he split carries with LenDale White and they believe that he is too small. Of course when you bring up that Tiki Barber is nearly identical in height and weight and was 2nd in the league in rushing this year they have no response.

The fact is that when Reggie has carried the ball over 20 times, he has had over 240 yards rushing 2 out of 3 times.

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Reggie is perfectly healthy. People say that he can't carry the ball 20 times per game because in college he split carries with LenDale White and they believe that he is too small. Of course when you bring up that Tiki Barber is nearly identical in height and weight and was 2nd in the league in rushing this year they have no response.

The fact is that when Reggie has carried the ball over 20 times, he has had over 240 yards rushing 2 out of 3 times.

You know before I started this thread I was againts the Texans taking Reggie Bush thinking he would Bust for you guys. But now that you guys have pointed out good facts it seems that I know think Reggie Bush would be a nice pick for yall.

Though Im not perfectly comfortable yet:spy:

tulexan
03-25-2006, 11:54 PM
When is Jason Campbell going to be the starting QB for the Skins? I think he has a lot of potential. Really underrated in college.

Hottoddie
03-26-2006, 12:32 AM
You want a back that can find the hole, get through it, and breakaway from the pack Ala T. Bell. We do need Reggie. He would make our offense way more potent.

I'm sorry, but you must be confused. This thread is about Reggie Bush, not Lendale White. What you're describing is White's abilities. Reggie is too light to go up the middle, or even between the guard & tackle. As the entire world saw, when USC needed the tough ground control yards when the Championship game was on the line, Bush was a spectator on the sidelines.

In my opinion, you don't use the #1 overall pick on a player that's not on the field when the game is on the line, & has a penchant for doing stupid acrobatic stunts going into the endzone, that'll get him killed in the NFL. And one last thing, keep in mind that Bush only had one good year out of 3 in college.

But, if the Texans decide that he's their man, I'll support him anyway.

thunderkyss
03-26-2006, 12:38 AM

5'10" @ 200lbs, isn't the same as 6'0" 200lbs. IF Reggie is actually 5'10" @ 200lbs, it isn't a problem. The taller he is, the more he needs to weigh.
http://images.nfl.com/previews/2002/images/week11/NYG_barber.jpghttp://media.scout.com/Media/Image/16/165217.jpg

They look very similar to me. So I would think Reggie is closer to 5'10", 5' 11"

DRAMA
03-26-2006, 01:16 AM
It's not that I'm not intrigued by Bush, I just don't believe he's going to be able to do the things that his supporters believe he can. He reminds me of Marshall Faulk, & while Faulk is a great player, I wouldn't take him in the top 6 picks either.

Seriously? WOW! The whole Bush weight thing? Silly. Blaming Bush for Pete Carroll's idiocy? Silly! Thinking that if Reggie Bush was from my fingernail to my knuckle taller and was holding a 5lb dumbell then he'd a 'perfect' size is SILLY!

If you want Vince - be proud of it. Saying you wouldn't take Marshall Faulk in the top 6?

Ridiculous!

Mightymike
03-26-2006, 01:19 AM

Reggie Bush:

Gary Kubiak:

Quarterback Position

are you crazy? he came off the best performance in NCAA football history and you think he should have gone back to school.

MasterC25
03-26-2006, 03:49 AM

Reggie Bush:

Gary Kubiak:

Quarterback Position

Here is exactly why we pick up Reggie Bush with no questions asked:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUx9ix-CxbM&search=Reggie%20Bush

Grid
03-26-2006, 06:19 AM
is Fred Weary an option at right guard maybe too?

Mailman04. It is a distinct possibility. Our new coaching staff is going to come in and re-evalute talent and will play the guys that are the best fit in the system they will be running. Its impossible for us fans to say if our past coaching staff did a bad job with Weary.. but judging by their track record, id say its a 50/50 chance.

So, yah.. id say it is entirely possible that Weary could be an option at right guard. Course..its also a possibility that our old coaching staff was dumb to even keep him on the roster and he will either ride the pine or get cut before TC is over. Time will tell.

Hottoddie
03-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Seriously? WOW! The whole Bush weight thing? Silly. Blaming Bush for Pete Carroll's idiocy? Silly! Thinking that if Reggie Bush was from my fingernail to my knuckle taller and was holding a 5lb dumbell then he'd a 'perfect' size is SILLY!

If you want Vince - be proud of it. Saying you wouldn't take Marshall Faulk in the top 6?

Ridiculous!

First off, I'm not a Vince Young only fan. I'd rather we take D'Brick, or trade down & pick up more picks. Young does intrigue me, but so does Carr behind an improved offensive line.

I believe that Carr will do just fine & that Young will not have any more of an immediate impact on this team than Bush will. Both Carr & DD are more than adequate & should be able to step up their games a notch, or two, with an improved OL.

The only knock on DD is that he doesn't have break away speed & he's missed a couple of games with injuries. However, DD has proven he can go up the middle & rip off a 20 yard gain. Given an improved OL, he might rip 20 yard gains with more regularity.

In my opinion, Young is at least 2 years away from being a starter in the NFL. Do you want to put some odds on the fans being willing to wait another 2 years?

I believe that D'Brick would be an immediate contributor, whether it's at LT, or RT while he learns.

Mario Williams would have an immediate impact on our defense, as would Huff & Hawk.

However, the one player that I believe is the most intriguing & would have the biggest impact of them all, is Vernon Davis switching to WR. I just can't get that thought out of my mind. It would still require us to upgrade the OL, but I'd be more than willing to take a LT in the 2nd round in this scenario. With an improved OL, Carr would have a field day throwing to AJ, VD, DD, Mathis & Putz. Add to that, Carr's scrambling abilities, & you have the makings of a very potent offense.

Putting Bush, or Young, in that equation, doesn't significantly improve the team, in my opinion.

Runner
03-26-2006, 12:37 PM
So, yah.. id say it is entirely possible that Weary could be an option at right guard.

I'd go so far as to say that Weary can challenge for either guard spot. None of our lineman have shown over the previous seasons that they are untouchable at their positions. I look for a training camp with true competition and line-up decisions being made on a performance basis.

I know it is "common knowledge" that Pitts and McKinney are set at LT and LG, but it was "common knowledge" the Hodgdon was set at center a few days ago. Things change.

tulexan
03-26-2006, 12:42 PM
They look very similar to me. So I would think Reggie is closer to 5'10", 5' 11"

At the combine Reggie measured at 5'10 7/8 201. He is 7/8 of an inch taller and 1 lb heavier. They are pretty close to being the same height and weight.

ClintonPortis26
03-26-2006, 12:43 PM
are you crazy? he came off the best performance in NCAA football history and you think he should have gone back to school.

Yea he still has questions and trust me, Im sure there are alot of Qb's that came out their junior season and wish they came back.

To the guy who asked about Jason Campbell. He'll Start in the 2007-2008 season. He does have alot of potiential though he has good hieght,pounds,stronge arm, nice accuracy, and scrambles well. Plus the only time hes stepped on the field he threw a 30+ Yard Touchdown.

I expect him to take over the chunky noodle soup commericials cuase his last name is Campbell you know?

el toro
03-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Look people I know ya'll all for Bush and Ferguson and whoever else but i tell u now that I played against Vince when he was at Madison High now I know we gave Carr an extension plus signed ol' dude from the Dolphins, I'll put it like this Young will be a Texan come draft day and Young will be the startin' QB in the FUTURE. We'll draft him and let Carr get his chance and everything but come 1-2 yrs hell its the Young era baby.:trophy:

First off, I'm not a Vince Young only fan. I'd rather we take D'Brick, or trade down & pick up more picks. Young does intrigue me, but so does Carr behind an improved offensive line.

I believe that Carr will do just fine & that Young will not have any more of an immediate impact on this team than Bush will. Both Carr & DD are more than adequate & should be able to step up their games a notch, or two, with an improved OL.

One of the main reasons (other than his game) to take Bush is that he will have an immediate impact. You don't have to wait to put him on the field. You will with Young. It's hard to pretend otherwise.

If you take Young, that leads to a longer turnaround. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to wait for someone who could be good 3 years from now.

Hottoddie
03-26-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to wait for someone who could be good 3 years from now.

Agreed, but I don't want to take a part time player with the #1 overall pick, either. Thus, trading down is about the only answer. Now, if we could only get the rest of the league interested in moving up. :stirpot:

tulexan
03-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Bush will be a part time RB, but a full time offensive player.

Also, the "Vince/Reggie will be amazing because he was amazing in HS" arguments are pretty weak. All great college players were amazing in HS. If they weren't, they wouldn't have been highly recruited to the best programs.

dat_boy_yec
03-26-2006, 01:42 PM

The only knock on DD is that he doesn't have break away speed & he's missed a couple of games with injuries. However, DD has proven he can go up the middle & rip off a 20 yard gain. Given an improved OL, he might rip 20 yard gains with more regularity.

Obviously the o-line helps him get some yardage, but once he gets to the second level it's all on him. He is the one who would have to step it up a notch like you said. DD is a good back, but as has been said he is caught from behind with ease. It is not the secondary that usually has to catch up to him but a linebacker. I like DD and think he will be a great compliment to a burner be it Bush or somebody else, but DD is not that burner.

In my opinion, Young is at least 2 years away from being a starter in the NFL. Do you want to put some odds on the fans being willing to wait another 2 years?

I believe that D'Brick would be an immediate contributor, whether it's at LT, or RT while he learns.

Mario Williams would have an immediate impact on our defense, as would Huff & Hawk.

As much as I try to warm up to D'brick I can't see him being an immediate contributer, athletically speaking he is not a rare specimen. So I can't see him just coming in here and beating Wand and Pitts outright before TC is over. By the end of the season yeah he might get some time at the RT spot, but that is far from being an immediate contributer.

Williams, yeah I can agree with that. Weaver, Smith, Johnson, and Williams would be a monstrous line-up. Huff and Hawk may have an immediate impact, but they will have to mature a while before we really see what they are capable of in the NFL. However we have a logjam at Hawk's position so I don't see him even considered to come here.

However, the one player that I believe is the most intriguing & would have the biggest impact of them all, is Vernon Davis switching to WR. I just can't get that thought out of my mind. It would still require us to upgrade the OL, but I'd be more than willing to take a LT in the 2nd round in this scenario. With an improved OL, Carr would have a field day throwing to AJ, VD, DD, Mathis & Putz. Add to that, Carr's scrambling abilities, & you have the makings of a very potent offense.

Yeah, I agree let's let his blocking talents go to waste. God forbid we let him play at a position he wants to play at. Converting players to different positions has not worked well for us in the past and though it's easy to imagine Davis succeeding as a WR it doesn't mean that is the better than Bush playing at WR. Carr would have a field day throwing to whoever was open. Regardless of who we get. However would you take Davis with the #1 pick. Considering you wouldn't take Faulk with the first six I would think your answer would be no.

Putting Bush, or Young, in that equation, doesn't significantly improve the team, in my opinion.

Why not Bush. He's versatile, fast, and strong, brings and brings an immediate impact why wouldn't he improve the team significantly.

swtbound07
03-26-2006, 01:45 PM
One of the main reasons (other than his game) to take Bush is that he will have an immediate impact. You don't have to wait to put him on the field. You will with Young. It's hard to pretend otherwise.

If you take Young, that leads to a longer turnaround. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to wait for someone who could be good 3 years from now.

if you want us to keep david carr, yes you do.

ClintonPortis26
03-26-2006, 01:59 PM

Funny how alot fo Texans fans think David Carr sucks but everybody else and i mean everybody else thinks David Carr can be a good Quarterback.

whiskeyrbl
03-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Funny how alot fo Texans fans think David Carr sucks but everybody else and i mean everybody else thinks David Carr can be a good Quarterback.

I agree totally,David Carr when he had a little time in 2004(sacked only 49 times) actually put up decent numbers, I think alot has to do with the wanting of the QB from Texas.I think in the right system with improved blocking and improved blitz pick up Carr can have very good years. I personally blame the previous coaching staff for not filling the needs or implementing a better scheme for the offense.

GP
03-26-2006, 02:11 PM
At first I was hardcore "Trade the pick and draft the 'Brick" but now I have mellowed and with the changes being made with the subtraction of Capers & staff, and with the addition of a soild center in Flanagan...I am actually going to be OK with drafting Bush.

The guy is phenomenal. You can't undercut what he did and HOW he did it in college. We're not talking about a guy who ran it in from five yards out, or had a few memorable plays. There was a poster on here who posted a link to a little highlight reel of Bush...I was speechless with my jaw on the floor because of how many long runs this guy busted, and how many defenders he made to look like children out there. When you got a guy taking it to the house at 30 or 40 or 50 or 60 yards out, you have a gamebreaker that other teams have to gameplan for, and that gives us mor eoptions in the offensive playcalling that we have nevvvvvvvvvvvvvver had. Serious matchup problems. Serious...matchup...problems.

So if we take him, it's not a bad move. This is a draft where you basically have about four automatic pro bowl claiber players: Bush, Williams, Hawk, and 'Brick.

So taking Bush is not the end of the world. I would PREFER we trade and get the 'Brick...but I'll be just as giddy if we grab Bush.

ClintonPortis26
03-26-2006, 02:16 PM
At first I was hardcore "Trade the pick and draft the 'Brick" but now I have mellowed and with the changes being made with the subtraction of Capers & staff, and with the addition of a soild center in Flanagan...I am actually going to be OK with drafting Bush.

The guy is phenomenal. You can't undercut what he did and HOW he did it in college. We're not talking about a guy who ran it in from five yards out, or had a few memorable plays. There was a poster on here who posted a link to a little highlight reel of Bush...I was speechless with my jaw on the floor because of how many long runs this guy busted, and how many defenders he made to look like children out there. When you got a guy taking it to the house at 30 or 40 or 50 or 60 yards out, you have a gamebreaker that other teams have to gameplan for, and that gives us mor eoptions in the offensive playcalling that we have nevvvvvvvvvvvvvver had. Serious matchup problems. Serious...matchup...problems.

So if we take him, it's not a bad move. This is a draft where you basically have about four automatic pro bowl claiber players: Bush, Williams, Hawk, and 'Brick.

So taking Bush is not the end of the world. I would PREFER we trade and get the 'Brick...but I'll be just as giddy if we grab Bush.

Yea I saw that Reggie Bush's highlight real...good god....:pigfly:

But wanna know what would be a totally amazing move by Casserly and yall Texans...Trade your 1st overall pick to the Jets and trade the 28th overall pick and 2007-2008 second round pick for the New England Patriots 21st overall pick in 2006-2007. Then grab D'Brickashaw Ferguson and DeAngelo Williams. If the guy played for Texas his 4 seasons he would be so hyped right now it wouldnt even be funny.

But it will never happen.

Blake
03-26-2006, 02:17 PM

Ridiculous!

:thumbup

Texans>Colts
03-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Yea I saw that Reggie Bush's highlight real...good god....:pigfly:

But wanna know what would be a totally amazing move by Casserly and yall Texans...Trade your 1st overall pick to the Jets and trade the 28th overall pick and 2007-2008 second round pick for the New England Patriots 21st overall pick in 2006-2007. Then grab D'Brickashaw Ferguson and DeAngelo Williams. If the guy played for Texas his 4 seasons he would be so hyped right now it wouldnt even be funny.

But it will never happen.

at least we have a first round pick. You guys traded for all these guys and traded like 2 or 3 of your picks. That silly:rolleyes:

ClintonPortis26
03-26-2006, 02:24 PM
at least we have a first round pick. You guys traded for all these guys and traded like 2 or 3 of your picks. That silly:rolleyes:

I wasnt making fun of you but I see what you mean. I would kill for a first round pick in this draft. Although I really think Jason Campbell is gonna be our guy though so I dont mind. As for Brandon Lloyd, alotta potiential, good size, wants to win. So he is fine too.

So basically this is our day one this off-season...

Round 1: Jason Campbell
Round 2: (Hopfully Roger McIntosh or Abdul Hodge)
Round 3: Brandon Lloyd

Texans>Colts
03-26-2006, 02:26 PM
I wasnt making fun of you but I see what you mean. I would kill for a first round pick in this draft. Although I really think Jason Campbell is gonna be our guy though so I dont mind. As for Brandon Lloyd, alotta potiential, good size, wants to win. So he is fine too.

I would take Brady Quinn if i were you guys next year

ClintonPortis26
03-26-2006, 02:28 PM
I would take Brady Quinn if i were you guys next year

Brady Quinn is a Top 10 Pick.
Plus the whole Redskins Coaching staff loves Jason Campbell.

tsip
03-26-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm kinda confused and need a little 'adjustment to my thinking from you Bush supporters--first, you say VY is going to take a couple of years to develope and make a real impact but, second, RB can make an immediate 'splash though, third, Kubiak is going to need 2 or 3 years to get the Texans where they 'need' to be--OK, my confusion is the 'splash' part. If it's going to take Kubiak 2 or 3 years, how does RB make an immediate inpact? And, finally, what's wrong with letting VY develope during those 2 or 3 years?:confused:

tulexan
03-26-2006, 03:10 PM
I believe the 2-3 years remark is a reference to how long it will take to rebuild the entire team (offense and defense). From our FA acquisitions, it looks like our offense should be pretty goods next season and next offseason we will focus on defense to make them more equal to our offense.

Hottoddie
03-26-2006, 03:19 PM
If Bush is the greatest thing to come along since sliced bread & is a can't miss prospect that will single handedly turn this franchise around, then why are the Texans even considering trades? Why haven't they locked him up like they did with Carr? Since they own the first pick, they can sign him before the draft.

Instead, they're entertaining offers & have reportedly been trying to stir up some deals. That doesn't tell me that they are sold on him. If he's everything that you believe him to be, wouldn't it make more sense to make it clear that he's your guy? Wouldn't that influence some FA's to give Houston a call?

No, it's rather obvious to me that the Texans are not sold on Reggie Bush. If they don't lock him up after his Pro day, then you guys might want to break out the crying towels, because that'll only serve to convince me even more so, that they're planning on going in another direction.

While I have a couple of players that I really like, I'm going to be happy with whomever they choose. Even if it's Reggie Bush. :stirpot:

the wonger need food
03-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Brady Quinn is a Top 10 Pick.
Plus the whole Redskins Coaching staff loves Jason Campbell.

If Jason Campbell is your starting QB next season you will be picking in the top 10.

thunderkyss
03-26-2006, 03:36 PM
I believe the 2-3 years remark is a reference to how long it will take to rebuild the entire team (offense and defense). From our FA acquisitions, it looks like our offense should be pretty goods next season and next offseason we will focus on defense to make them more equal to our offense.

I'm thinking the 2-3 years before we are play-off contenders.

ClintonPortis26
03-26-2006, 03:40 PM
If Jason Campbell is your starting QB next season you will be picking in the top 10.

Ok first of all like you have room to talk. Your be picking in the Top 5.
Second of all, fix your attitude buddy.
Third of all, How do you know? Im sure there were alot of people saying Ben Roethlisburgr and Carson Palmer wernt any good...

You must be a Vince Supporter or somthing and mad I said I think the Texans should take Bush in an earlier post.

tulexan
03-26-2006, 03:41 PM
If Bush is the greatest thing to come along since sliced bread & is a can't miss prospect that will single handedly turn this franchise around, then why are the Texans even considering trades? Why haven't they locked him up like they did with Carr? Since they own the first pick, they can sign him before the draft.

How do you know that they are serious about trading the pick? Is your name Bob McNair? I've read that all of this talk about trading down is just talk that all GMs do when they have the #1 pick. My prediction is that we will start working on Bush's deal once he comes into town in April.

el toro
03-26-2006, 04:00 PM

Not at all. With a decent line Carr will be fine next season.

el toro
03-26-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm kinda confused and need a little 'adjustment to my thinking from you Bush supporters--first, you say VY is going to take a couple of years to develope and make a real impact but, second, RB can make an immediate 'splash though, third, Kubiak is going to need 2 or 3 years to get the Texans where they 'need' to be--OK, my confusion is the 'splash' part. If it's going to take Kubiak 2 or 3 years, how does RB make an immediate inpact? And, finally, what's wrong with letting VY develope during those 2 or 3 years?:confused:

It'll take a couple of seasons for Kubiak to get everything as he wants it, but Bush can make an impact on that field starting on day 1. Fairly straightforward.

el toro
03-26-2006, 04:03 PM
How do you know that they are serious about trading the pick? Is your name Bob McNair? I've read that all of this talk about trading down is just talk that all GMs do when they have the #1 pick. My prediction is that we will start working on Bush's deal once he comes into town in April.

The one thing of note is the absence of trade talk from within the organization. If they were truly shopping the pick it would be public knowledge by this point.

tsip
03-26-2006, 04:12 PM
It'll take a couple of seasons for Kubiak to get everything as he wants it, but Bush can make an impact on that field starting on day 1. Fairly straightforward.

...not straight forward. An impact IMO should translate to victories and Bush's role in those wins--if we go 0-16 and Bush gains 3000 yds, how is that an impact?

el toro
03-26-2006, 04:14 PM
...not straight forward. An impact IMO should translate to victories and Bush's role in those wins--if we go 0-16 and Bush gains 3000 yds, how is that an impact?

eh? I was referring to Kubiak's desire to get his system in place. How does that necessarily preclude victories today? They can win while not having everything exactly as he wants it.

tsip
03-26-2006, 04:25 PM
"but Bush can make an impact on that field starting on day 1. Fairly straightforward. "

This quote is about Bush, not Kubiak.

el toro
03-26-2006, 04:47 PM
"but Bush can make an impact on that field starting on day 1. Fairly straightforward. "

This quote is about Bush, not Kubiak.

Um, yeah, I was referring to Bush. Bush can make an impact as Kubiak is putting the team together to his liking. It's not like one day 2 to 3 years from now the team is going to go from sucking to being a playoff contender. Just because a coach doesn't have the team set up precisely as he wants, that does not mean it cannot be successful.

Kaiser Toro
03-26-2006, 04:49 PM

Because we actually have to endure watching the games. It has been four years and we are still waiting to see some sort of justification outside of potential.

the wonger need food
03-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Ok first of all like you have room to talk. Your be picking in the Top 5.
Second of all, fix your attitude buddy.
Third of all, How do you know? Im sure there were alot of people saying Ben Roethlisburgr and Carson Palmer wernt any good...

You must be a Vince Supporter or somthing and mad I said I think the Texans should take Bush in an earlier post.

Thanks for the list of tasks, now here is yours...

First, try to learn and utilize decent spelling and grammar.

Second, I'm not your buddy and my attitude needs no adjusting. If you don't appreciate it you can troll on back to wherever you Redskin fans hang out... the ones who can read anyway.

Third, because I just do. Palmer and Rothlisburger were inserted into good offensive systems. The Redskins are just a bunch of guns for hire playing in an antiquated system.

Lastly, I'm a Texans supporter. I could not care less who they pick as long as it helps the team.

Kaiser Toro
03-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Let's keep the personal attacks to a perfect zero.

ClintonPortis26
03-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Ok here is my thoughts about Reggie Bush after talking to diffrent Texans fans, watching Videos, thinking diffrently, looking to see if I think his game can translate into the pros though im no scout...

Reggie Bush is very talented. He is a gamebreaker who can take one to the house or break a run that seriously looks like its going no where cuase 3 defenders are cornering him into a 14 Yard gain.

The Texans have Andre Johnson, David Carr, Jerome Mathis, and Domanick Davis. All which are very skilled and have potiential to start and be very good or average. Accept Domanick Davis, he is very injury prone and is a average player at best. Therefore he cant start, and the Texans need a Running Back.

Reggie Bush is a gamebreaker who can Kick/Punt Return Balls, Catch balls at wide reciever and take it to the house anytime at running back. He would take the Texans to another level and could probally win 2 or 3 games a season single handely if all pans out well. He would bring the State of Texas let alone America interest back into Houston Texans games becuase they would wanna see the remaking of Barry Sanders.

Overall, He plays like a 8 year old kid wants to play running back by juking everybody out and runs really fast. Would be a great pick with the number 1 overall pick.

I dont think anybody in Houston would ever regret this pick.

swtbound07
03-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Ok here is my thoughts about Reggie Bush after talking to diffrent Texans fans, watching Videos, thinking diffrently, looking to see if I think his game can translate into the pros though im no scout...

Reggie Bush is very talented. He is a gamebreaker who can take one to the house or break a run that seriously looks like its going no where cuase 3 defenders are cornering him into a 14 Yard gain.

The Texans have Andre Johnson, David Carr, Jerome Mathis, and Domanick Davis. All which are very skilled and have potiential to start and be very good or average. Accept Domanick Davis, he is very injury prone and is a average player at best. Therefore he cant start, and the Texans need a Running Back.

Reggie Bush is a gamebreaker who can Kick/Punt Return Balls, Catch balls at wide reciever and take it to the house anytime at running back. He would take the Texans to another level and could probally win 2 or 3 games a season single handely if all pans out well. He would bring the State of Texas let alone America interest back into Houston Texans games becuase they would wanna see the remaking of Barry Sanders.

Overall, He plays like a 8 year old kid wants to play running back by juking everybody out and runs really fast. Would be a great pick with the number 1 overall pick.

I dont think anybody in Houston would ever regret this pick.

Bull. its already been shown that davis has started as many games as other high profile running backs in their first 3 years. Besides...dont you think the kubiak system will help keep him healthy? Second, he's not the reincarnation of barry sanders. There was only one barry.

I would regret this pick.

ClintonPortis26
03-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Third, because I just do. Palmer and Rothlisburger were inserted into good offensive systems. The Redskins are just a bunch of guns for hire playing in an antiquated system

Al Saunders is our offensive coordinater now. You know, number 1 defense the last 2 years and was the wide recievers coach for the greatest show on turf?Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Az-Akim.

Kaiser Toro
03-26-2006, 05:08 PM
It amazes me that anyone would say or presuppose that Reggie Bush is a given known NFL commodity. DD has two 1,000 yard seasons he is a proven NFL commodity. Bush is only a proven college back in a two back platoon.

It really does scare me that expectations are so wild for this kid. This is the NFL people, things happen. We would have been better off looking at Edgerrin than Bush if this was truly our need.

swtbound07
03-26-2006, 05:09 PM
It amazes me that anyone would say or presuppose that Reggie Bush is a given known NFL commodity. DD has two 1,000 yard seasons he is a proven NFL commodity. Bush is only a proven college back in a two back platoon.

It really does scare me that expectations are so wild for this kid. This is the NFL people, things happen. We would have been better off looking at Edgerrin than Bush if this was truly our need.

Brilliant!

tulexan
03-26-2006, 05:20 PM

You can say almost the exact same thing about your guy Mario. But I guess, that's not an issue because he is the guy that you want.

Mario was great in college. Will he be great in the NFL? Probably, but do we know for sure? No. He was part of a great defense that had another stud at the other end of the line Manny Lawson. On top of that, he played in the ACC which was loaded with great defenses, but had one good offense (VT) and when he played against VT he had zero sacks. We just signed Anthony Weaver who was the starting DE on one of the best defenses of all time (Ravens 2000).

Kaiser Toro
03-26-2006, 05:28 PM
You can say almost the exact same thing about your guy Mario. But I guess, that's not an issue because he is the guy that you want.

You know where I stand on this, it comes down to investment. If we were top heavy in our spending on defense I would be in the trade down camp, as always, or select Bush due to his versatility and need for another wideout. BUt that is not our case since we already have ~12 million dollar delta between O and D spending.

jacquescas
03-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Frankly Dom Davis' contract is not obsence and we will be able to keep both for at least 2 years.

tsip
03-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Um, yeah, I was referring to Bush. Bush can make an impact as Kubiak is putting the team together to his liking. It's not like one day 2 to 3 years from now the team is going to go from sucking to being a playoff contender. Just because a coach doesn't have the team set up precisely as he wants, that does not mean it cannot be successful.

Again, you turn this post into a 'Kubiak' thing and that is not the point I'm trying to make. Given the assumption/premise that it is going to take 2 or 3 yrs for the Texans to have 'everything' in place to be contenders/winners, Bush offers ZERO advantage/benefit over drafting Young in the 'immediate impact' genre. In 2 or 3 years, they will both have learned Kubiak's system and excel at it as the team moves toward its goal of winning/making the playoffs.

So, unless you believe the Texans are going to win and go to the playoffs in Kubiak's first year, Bush offers no impact advantage over Young.

swtbound07
03-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Again, you turn this post into a 'Kubiak' thing and that is not the point I'm trying to make. Given the assumption/premise that it is going to take 2 or 3 yrs for the Texans to have 'everything' in place to be contenders/winners, Bush offers ZERO advantage/benefit over drafting Young in the 'immediate impact' genre. In 2 or 3 years, they will both have learned Kubiak's system and excel at it as the team moves toward its goal of winning/making the playoffs.

So, unless you believe the Texans are going to win and go to the playoffs in Kubiak's first year, Bush offers no impact advantage over Young.

Very valid..and unless you think david carr will also have an immediate impact in kubiaks system, it wont translate into anything different in the win column

tsip
03-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Very valid..and unless you think david carr will also have an immediate impact in kubiaks system, it wont translate into anything different in the win column

IMO, the most important player decision Kubiak has to make is with his QB--saying that, nothing else K can do in developing the team will matter if there is not an 'effective' QB at the end of the 'equation.' So, here's hoping that K makes the right choice, whoever that may be...

run-david-run
03-26-2006, 06:22 PM
All this stuff about a linebacker catching DD is quite fictional. First off, when did you see that happen? I remeber the home game against the Titans when he broke off a 40 yarder and was one step away from pulling away when Woolfolk got him. Against the Ravens he broke a big one and Ed Reed brought him down. Also, what about the UT linebacker that stayed with Reggie on a deep route in the Rose Bowl? DD ran a 4.56 40 at the LSU pro-day, he is not that slow. Also, I'll take the 3rd and 1 conversion over the two or three long TD runs per season.

PS-how many times did you see LT break a 45+ yard run? What, three, maybe 4 times a season?

Wolf
03-26-2006, 06:33 PM
All this stuff about a linebacker catching DD is quite fictional. First off, when did you see that happen? I remeber the home game against the Titans when he broke off a 40 yarder and was one step away from pulling away when Woolfolk got him. Against the Ravens he broke a big one and Ed Reed brought him down. Also, what about the UT linebacker that stayed with Reggie on a deep route in the Rose Bowl? DD ran a 4.56 40 at the LSU pro-day, he is not that slow. Also, I'll take the 3rd and 1 conversion over the two or three long TD runs per season.

PS-how many times did you see LT break a 45+ yard run? What, three, maybe 4 times a season?

only difference I see is when teams play the Chargers they gameplan around LT where as teams that play the Texans gameplan around AJ. LT can make the 1st person miss DD doesn't have that.. I am not bashing DD for he is a solid NFL player and think with the additions to the OL he should be even better ..

as far as the draft, I hope a deal comes through where we can trade down and get some additional picks.. I like the moves we have done in the offseason but we still need quality depth and hopefully a good draft can help with a starting position or two and some much needed depth.

thunderkyss
03-26-2006, 06:36 PM

Mario was great in college. Will he be great in the NFL? Probably, but do we know for sure? No. He was part of a great defense that had another stud at the other end of the line Manny Lawson. On top of that, he played in the ACC which was loaded with great defenses, but had one good offense (VT) and when he played against VT he had zero sacks. We just signed Anthony Weaver who was the starting DE on one of the best defenses of all time (Ravens 2000).

Except when John Abraham was available, we did want him too. Many people are upset, that we didn't even make him an offer, other's thought it was a sign that we'd go after Mario in the draft, till we signed Weaver.

Frankly Dom Davis' contract is not obsence and we will be able to keep both for at least 2 years.

That's my biggest problem......... I'd like for DD to be a Texan for life

thunderkyss
03-26-2006, 06:43 PM
only difference I see is when teams play the Chargers they gameplan around LT where as teams that play the Texans gameplan around AJ. LT can make the 1st person miss DD doesn't have that.. I am not bashing DD for he is a solid NFL player and think with the additions to the OL he should be even better ..

as far as the draft, I hope a deal comes through where we can trade down and get some additional picks.. I like the moves we have done in the offseason but we still need quality depth and hopefully a good draft can help with a starting position or two and some much needed depth.

I wouldn't gameplan against DD either.... If I can get penetration with my front 4, why bother?? I'll hit him in the backfield. Doesn't matter wether it's Barry Sanders, LT, the Edge, Emmit Smith, Marshall Faulk, or whoever.

ClintonPortis26
03-26-2006, 06:43 PM

Lets just say its gonna take a while to see everybodies full impact? You guys keep going back and forth its sorta annoying...:ok:

Hottoddie
03-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Lets just say its gonna take a while to see everybodies full impact? You guys keep going back and forth its sorta annoying...:ok:

I agree. I can't wait until the draft, so that we can get over these stupid Bush vs. Young arguments. In fact, I'm hoping we don't draft either one of them. That ought to clear at least a third of the newbie posters out of here. It's got to be unsettling for them. After all, they still don't know what NFL team they're going to be a fan of. :rolleyes:

Wolf
03-26-2006, 08:33 PM
I agree. I can't wait until the draft, so that we can get over these stupid Bush vs. Young arguments. In fact, I'm hoping we don't draft either one of them. That ought to clear at least a third of the newbie posters out of here. It's got to be unsettling for them. After all, they still don't know what NFL team they're going to be a fan of. :rolleyes:

I thought the Sean Taylor and the Derrick Johnson debate were wild... double trouble this year! ..

MasterC25
03-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Bull. its already been shown that davis has started as many games as other high profile running backs in their first 3 years. Besides...dont you think the kubiak system will help keep him healthy? Second, he's not the reincarnation of barry sanders. There was only one barry.

There is only one Barry Sanders and 20 years from now people will be saying there is only one Reggie Bush. This pick can effect the whole foundation of football in the city of Houston. The way it did Chicago with Walter Payton

MasterC25
03-26-2006, 08:45 PM

There is only one Barry Sanders, and 20 years from now people will be saying there was only one Reggie Bush. This pick can effect the whole foundation of football in the city of Houston. The way it did Chicago with Walter Payton

MasterC25
03-26-2006, 08:51 PM

That Linebacker for UT is a converted safety and he weighed in at 208 lbs and reportedly runs a sub 4.5 forty. So he isn't your typical linebacker he was mainly there to combat the speed of Bush and the other skill players of USC.

Wolf
03-26-2006, 08:57 PM
That Linebacker for UT is a converted safety and he weighed in at 208 lbs and reportedly runs a sub 4.5 forty. So he isn't your typical linebacker he was mainly there to combat the speed of Bush and the other skill players of USC.

problem is that this is the NFL and their are multiple players that fit that build.

I think Bush is a great talent.. I am not sold on him being the next Barry or even Gale Sayers.. I personally don't think he can live up to the hype. I hope I am wrong.. Nothing against Bush, I don't think he is even a Bo Jackson (who I think was one of the best athletes I have ever seen.. run with speed and power and even hit a fastball 400 feet)

el toro
03-26-2006, 09:14 PM

Under Kubiak or Dr. Seuss as head coach, Bush sees the field on day 1. Young does not. Now does Bush on the field offer more impact than Young on the sidelines without Kubiak's system perfectly implemented? Yes. Bush on that field also gives the team a better chance to win while the team is being molded as Kubiak sees fit.

Saying that Kubiak needs 2 to 3 years to shape the team as he wants it does not necessarily presume that the team will take that long to be a playoff contender. I've never stated that.

Hottoddie
03-26-2006, 09:21 PM
You know, there was another RB that had amazing speed, quickness, & was tearing up college football. He had the ability to take it to the house every time he touched the ball. He could run around the ends & even up the middle. Unfortunately, he had a major knee injury after only 4 games. Yes, I'm talking about Tony Hollings. Had he not been injured, he was on a pace to blow away every record that Bush could only dream about. But, even after he was fully recovered from his injury, he still couldn't make it in the NFL.

Bush hasn't shown the ability to run up the middle, & in the NFL, only the elite of the elite can make a living running around the ends. Everyone keeps talking about lining him up in the slot as a receiver, but then he'll be matched up against experienced CB's with similar, or better, speed & most of them play a more physical game of bump & run. Thus, Bush loses his edge.

You guys are going to have to do a better job of selling me on Bush, because I don't get it. I think it's just a matter of him being the "Flavor of the Day". Next year, it'll be Adrian Peterson. Then, you'll have my undivided attention.

Koolbrz
03-26-2006, 10:06 PM

Clinton Portis was a very fast RB. Now that he is with the Redskins he is more of a power back. Kinda like DD. There is a diff. in the style of running he is doin now compared to then.

Koolbrz
03-26-2006, 10:11 PM
You know, there was another RB that had amazing speed, quickness, & was tearing up college football. He had the ability to take it to the house every time he touched the ball. He could run around the ends & even up the middle. Unfortunately, he had a major knee injury after only 4 games. Yes, I'm talking about Tony Hollings. Had he not been injured, he was on a pace to blow away every record that Bush could only dream about. But, even after he was fully recovered from his injury, he still couldn't make it in the NFL.

Bush hasn't shown the ability to run up the middle, & in the NFL, only the elite of the elite can make a living running around the ends. Everyone keeps talking about lining him up in the slot as a receiver, but then he'll be matched up against experienced CB's with similar, or better, speed & most of them play a more physical game of bump & run. Thus, Bush loses his edge.

You guys are going to have to do a better job of selling me on Bush, because I don't get it. I think it's just a matter of him being the "Flavor of the Day". Next year, it'll be Adrian Peterson. Then, you'll have my undivided attention.

How long do you think T. Hollings was a RB? 4 games my friend. That is a ton of exp. to bring into the NFL. I can see your point as to why he did not make an impact on this team. LOL...One more thing...The first time Bush breaks one for 70 yds. everyone and i mean everyone will be screaming his name. CAN YOU SMEEEEELLLLL WHAT REGGIE IS COOKING!!!!! LOL

Wolf
03-26-2006, 10:25 PM

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/view?&h=240&w=320&type=msmedia&rurl=www.adrianpeterson29.com%2Fadrian_peterson_vi deo.html&vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.adrianpeterson29.com%2Flongr un.wmv&back=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3Fp%3D %2522adrian%2BPeterson%2522%2Bvideo%26btn%3DYahoo% 2521%2BSearch%26tab%3DWeb%26ei%3DUTF-8&turl=re2.mm-so.yimg.com%2Fimage%2F1850080125&name=longrun.wmv&no=4&tt=4&p=adrian%20peterson&size=6.3MB&dur=53

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?_adv_prop=video&va=adrian+peterson&fr=my-vert-web-top&ei=UTF-8
that is what I am talking about!
:drool:

Koolbrz
03-26-2006, 10:26 PM
DD has started more games his first three years, than Ederirin James, Tiki Barber, Larry Johnson, Clinton Portis,So defenses don't worry about 30 yrd runs?? yeah, OK. & no, we don't know how good our three can be, with Kubiak in charge. But I've got a good feeling we'll be better than we were last year.
You think we can get a player comparable to D'Brick lower in the draft?? Look at the running backs... Now imagine them in Kubiaks zone blocking......

You think Carr is getting paid more than Steve McNair.....:rofl:

When people talk about the Texans, they say,'"well, they've got a good running game, and good special teams"

Tennessee doesn't have anything that would make it a betterr fit for Vince. Our Recievers are better(well, when we had Gaff), we have a running game..... We have a QB guru... We have a veteren QB who can..... Ok, maybe they've got one thing.... but Vince has been picking Steve's brain for a few years now already.

We know Thunder ...you want Vince...in all reality he will fit in better with Tenn. because of the style of offense they run with Mcnair. It would be similar to what they would run with VY. That is why i say he would be a better fit in Tenn. I don't care what you say about DD. When you have nothing but green in front of you, you should be able to take it home. Instead he is getting caught from behind. 30 yds. so what...any team would rather him have a 30 yd run and a fg...i would rather have 60 yds and A TOUCHDOWN!!!! That is not going to happen with the backs we have on this team. Reggie baby we need you!!!

HOOK'EM
03-26-2006, 11:05 PM
............Reggie,Reggie,Reggie!:redtowel:

MasterC25
03-26-2006, 11:18 PM

I hope your not trying to compare Reggie Bush to Tony Hollings(healthy). That comparsion is worthy of automatic ban from this thread. I really hope your kidding, if not your not watching the same thing were watching. If Reggie Bush is Tony Hollings then D'brick is kenyatta Walker coming out of Florida.

Hottoddie
03-27-2006, 12:52 AM
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/view?&h=240&w=320&type=msmedia&rurl=www.adrianpeterson29.com%2Fadrian_peterson_vi deo.html&vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.adrianpeterson29.com%2Flongr un.wmv&back=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3Fp%3D %2522adrian%2BPeterson%2522%2Bvideo%26btn%3DYahoo% 2521%2BSearch%26tab%3DWeb%26ei%3DUTF-8&turl=re2.mm-so.yimg.com%2Fimage%2F1850080125&name=longrun.wmv&no=4&tt=4&p=adrian%20peterson&size=6.3MB&dur=53

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?_adv_prop=video&va=adrian+peterson&fr=my-vert-web-top&ei=UTF-8
that is what I am talking about!
:drool:

Ditto!

Hottoddie
03-27-2006, 01:26 AM
I hope your not trying to compare Reggie Bush to Tony Hollings(healthy). That comparsion is worthy of automatic ban from this thread. I really hope your kidding, if not your not watching the same thing were watching. If Reggie Bush is Tony Hollings then D'brick is kenyatta Walker coming out of Florida.

No, I'm comparing the pre-injury hype for Hollings to the Bush hype of today. Hollings had 633 yards rushing & 11 TD's through 4 games. He was also estimated to run a 4.45 40 yard dash & over 20 teams showed up for his pre-supplemental draft workout. Even though he had torn his cruciate ligament, there was quite a buzz around him.

On second thought, yes, I am comparing the two. Had Hollings stayed healthy & not been declared academically ineligible, he could've been, in all likely hood, the #1 overall pick in the 2003 or 2004 draft.

MasterC25
03-27-2006, 01:55 AM
No, I'm comparing the pre-injury hype for Hollings to the Bush hype of today. Hollings had 633 yards rushing & 11 TD's through 4 games. He was also estimated to run a 4.45 40 yard dash & over 20 teams showed up for his pre-supplemental draft workout. Even though he had torn his cruciate ligament, there was quite a buzz around him.

On second thought, yes, I am comparing the two. Had Hollings stayed healthy & not been declared academically ineligible, he could've been, in all likely hood, the #1 overall pick in the 2003 or 2004 draft.

Read your post correctly, Hollings did that through 4 games Bush has been the best back the past two years in college football. The upside of Hollings was no where in the same ballpark as Bush. Maybe the national championship game was your first games actually seeing Bush in live action in that case then I don't blame you for your comments, but I do suggest you find some game tapes of Bush and you will see why he is the most hyped player to come out since Vick. The Texans are just teasing other teams to see if a GM is dumb enough to give up all there draft picks(Mike Ditka- 2000 Ricky Williams), cause that is what it is going to take to pass up Reggie Bush.