PDA

View Full Version : Sam Cowart agrees to terms with the Texans

dhaNim
03-24-2006, 02:46 PM
According to the ESPNews ticker the Texans agreed to terms with free agent Linebacker Sam Cowart. it hasn't been reported anywhere else yet though.

TEXANS84
03-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Just saw it on ESPN as well, confirmed.

Paragon Blue
03-24-2006, 02:48 PM
I like how we are mixing in some veteran leadership with our young players.
:redtowel:

Vinny
03-24-2006, 02:50 PM
I'll confirm. I saw it too.

phantom17
03-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Good!:)

tulexan
03-24-2006, 02:52 PM
This has been a pretty impressive offseason so far.

dagr8whitehope
That's great about the Cowart signing, but am I the only one that saw anything about Mike Flanagan signing in Houston? Thought I saw that on ESPNews. Let me know, later.

bigTEXan8
Not bad...

el toro
03-24-2006, 02:54 PM
That's great about the Cowart signing, but am I the only one that saw anything about Mike Flanagan signing in Houston? Thought I saw that on ESPNews. Let me know, later.

Look one thread down.

wags
03-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Where does Wong fit in now with his contract?

blockhead83
03-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Solid signing, IMO. It provides a veteran leader to the D at an important position, and solid depth if nothing else should we acquire a better MLB in the draft at some point. It'll be interesting to see who starts for us at each of the linebacker positions this season.

el toro
03-24-2006, 02:56 PM
According to the ESPNews ticker the Texans agreed to terms with free agent Linebacker Sam Cowart. it hasn't been reported anywhere else yet though.

So they've added a DE and a MLB in free agency. Not bad for an offseason that's woefully neglecting the defense supposedly. They'll have the #33, 65, & 66 to perhaps use to that end too.

Runner
03-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Solid signing, IMO. It provides a veteran leader to the D at an important position, and solid depth if nothing else should we acquire a better MLB in the draft at some point. It'll be interesting to see who starts for us at each of the linebacker positions this season.

This could be a very competitive training camp. I'm looking forward to it.

Johnny Utah
03-24-2006, 02:59 PM
That's it! I'm sick and tired of Charlie Casserly. We have to deal with this crap every season, and it's always the same sad story. When are you going to get off your butt and sign some.... oh wait.... nevermind.

TexanFan881
03-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: We're back on the map!

Tejaspro
03-24-2006, 03:04 PM

I saw the report of Mike Flanagan signing on the NFL Channel last night on Direct TV. This Channel is constantly on as one of their sports packages.
According to them, it is a done deal. Three years for around $ 9 million.:redtowel:

TEXANS84
03-24-2006, 03:05 PM
So they've added a DE and a MLB in free agency. Not bad for an offseason that's woefully neglecting the defense supposedly. They'll have the #33, 65, & 66 to perhaps use to that end too.

This outta hush all the people that wanted a Center, Middle Linebacker, Defensive End, and a Tight End in free agency.

Gotta say it, although it hurts.....good job Casserly.

el toro
03-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Um, guys, it's in the Chronic...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/3745068.html

F-minus67
03-24-2006, 03:09 PM
I'll admit I'm not his biggest fan, but he will be a pretty solid for a few years or until we get an upgrade.

TexanFan881
03-24-2006, 03:09 PM
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=116&p=9&c=12&yr=2006&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pid=65

They had him ranked as the #1 MLB available via free agency :redtowel:

TexanSam
03-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Good signing. So much for all those people who were sick to their stomachs because we weren't doing anything in free agency. Where are you now?

All I think we need is a 2nd WR and I'll be extremely happy. A 2nd CB wouldn't hurt either though.

titan hater
03-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Hwat an Off Season!!! For the first time in a year I am ready for mini camp!!! Ho bout that GM!!! Go CC...Go!!!

fball
03-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Vinny What do you think about this signing, is he too old or does he still have plenty to offer, and what happens to wong? I think we have too many linebackers.

El Amigo Invisible
03-24-2006, 03:19 PM
I do not know much about Cowart but it seems to be a good pick up. I really like the Flanagan signing!!!:redtowel:

dhaNim
03-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Here it is from KFFL

Texans | Cowart signed
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:58:03 -0800

ESPNews reports the Houston Texans have signed free agent LB Sam Cowart (Vikings). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

TexanSam
Eric Moulds..........:hmmm:

I love Eric Moulds, but I do not see him going to another team and being a 2nd WR. Hopefully I'm wrong, because I would love to see the Texans have an AJ and Moulds duo.

Johnny Utah
Cowart is a solid pickup that we can use for a year or two while we groom a younger player. Great addition.

keyfro
03-24-2006, 03:25 PM
cowart gives us the ability to draft a young MLB and groom him or gives us time to groom terry pierce or troy evans...it also gives us more options in the draft...as always the ability to choose the BPA is a better way to go in the draft rather than having to draft towards needs

Vinny
03-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Vinny What do you think about this signing, is he too old or does he still have plenty to offer, and what happens to wong? I think we have too many linebackers.2 down linebacker that struggles in space and has poor lateral movement. His best years are probably behind him but we were the worst run defense in the league last year and he gives us an instinctive run stopping linebacker to pair with Greenwood. I guarantee you he will come out in passing downs. He is a short term solution, but he will keep us from having to reach early for a MLB and we are in a position where we can let the draft come to us. We can find one of our tweeners to fight for the Sam backer. The Sam should be one of the better camp battles now.

Battle-Red
03-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Eric Moulds..........:hmmm:

Javon Walker...anybody?

Battle-Red
03-24-2006, 03:30 PM
I love Eric Moulds, but I do not see him going to another team and being a 2nd WR. Hopefully I'm wrong, because I would love to see the Texans have an AJ and Moulds duo.

Again Javon Walker and let him and AJ fight it out who will be #1 and who will be #2.

Runner
03-24-2006, 03:32 PM
he gives us an instinctive run stopping linebacker to pair with Greenwood. I guarantee you he will come out in passing downs.

Can you clarify this? Do you mean have Greenwood play MLB on passing downs, or they are a good pair for run stuffing on first and second down?

Vinny
03-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Can you clarify this? Do you mean have Greenwood play MLB on passing downs, or they are a good pair for run stuffing on first and second down?I think Greenwood starts at the will. Moving him inside on passing downs is probably ideal now that you mention it. Cowart and Pierce both are run stoppers who lack in coverage skills. This should further shore up our run defense, but they are liabilities in coverage.

titan hater
03-24-2006, 03:45 PM
We also have resined Troy Evens today...

Texans sign Cowart, Flanagan
HoustonTexans.com

HOUSTON The Houston Texans have agreed to contracts with unrestricted free agents LB Sam Cowart and C Mike Flanagan; Houston also re-signed unrestricted free agent LB Troy Evans, it was announced today.

TexanSam
03-24-2006, 03:50 PM
We also have resined Troy Evens today...

Texans sign Cowart, Flanagan
HoustonTexans.com

HOUSTON The Houston Texans have agreed to contracts with unrestricted free agents LB Sam Cowart and C Mike Flanagan; Houston also re-signed unrestricted free agent LB Troy Evans, it was announced today.

He got our first interception of the season last year!

Kaiser Toro
03-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Nice signing. Nothing earth shattering in my opinion.

Bubbajwp
03-24-2006, 03:51 PM
This is a great signing. Now we can draft the Best player available instead of need.

Porky
03-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Yesssss! :redtowel:

I don't care what HPF or other naywayers write, this is the best offseason in our short history. Not only have we chucked our incompetent coaching staff, and added a better one with better schemes on both sides of the ball, but we are quietly having one of the better offseasons in the NFL...adding quality pieces via FA, and with 4 in the first 64 in the draft. A month ago, I would have probably said we win 5 games this year plus or minus one. Now, I am going to say 7 plus or minus one. Cowart fills another need. We had major needs in 7 areas (that's alot!) and now we have filled four of those, leaving WR2, Right side oline, and FS as the only real big needs left.

Calling a spade a spade, great job Charley Casserly for getting these guys, and Kubes for insisting on filling our needs with Quality FA's. Now, as Vinny says, we can truly let the draft come to us, and don't need to reach for needs. Kudos all around. :redtowel:

Dunta_23
03-24-2006, 03:52 PM
He got our first interception of the season last year!

Wasnt it also the only one :brickwall jk jk jk

titan hater
03-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Wasnt it also the only one :brickwall jk jk jk

sure did seem like it...

kingh99
03-24-2006, 03:57 PM
It's going to be an exciting season. I see the Texans loading up on defense in the draft.

el toro
03-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Yesssss! :redtowel:

I don't care what HPF or other naywayers write, this is the best offseason in our short history. Not only have we chucked our incompetent coaching staff, and added a better one with better schemes on both sides of the ball, but we are quietly having one of the better offseasons in the NFL...adding quality pieces via FA, and with 4 in the first 64 in the draft. A month ago, I would have probably said we win 5 games this year plus or minus one. Now, I am going to say 7 plus or minus one. Cowart fills another need. We had major needs in 7 areas (that's alot!) and now we have filled four of those, leaving WR2, Right side oline, and FS as the only real big needs left.

Calling a spade a spade, great job Charley Casserly for getting these guys, and Kubes for insisting on filling our needs with Quality FA's. Now, as Vinny says, we can truly let the draft come to us, and don't need to reach for needs. Kudos all around. :redtowel:

I couldn't agree more.

My feeling about next season's record is falling in the 7 win range. I'd say 7 to 9 wins right now and that's before the draft. They'll probably tease us by being in the wildcard hunt until falling short at the end. Then again, all it takes are a few bounces of the ball to make all the difference. The ball certainly fell the wrong way a lot last season, not that I'm complaining since it has spurred all of these changes.

whiskeyrbl
03-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Where does Wong fit in now with his contract?

I think the jury is still out on whether or not Wong will be ready at the start of the season.

The Dude Abides
03-24-2006, 04:26 PM
:redtowel:

TexansFanatic
03-24-2006, 04:41 PM
I know I'm going to get flack for this but this guy is 31 years old. Over 30 is not the best age for a linebacker. I remember how excited I was when the Oilers signed Wilber Marshall. He was virtually indentical in age to what Cowart is now. I remember how Buddy Ryan told Bud Adams: "If you sign Wilber, we'll win the Super Bowl." Marshall amounted to exactly diddly squat for the Oilers....

Having said all that, I'm still happy they signed Cowart. It's certainly better than doing nothing.....

MightyTExan
03-24-2006, 04:52 PM
That's it! I'm sick and tired of Charlie Casserly. We have to deal with this crap every season, and it's always the same sad story. When are you going to get off your butt and sign some.... oh wait.... nevermind.

:rofl: lol:

el toro
03-24-2006, 04:58 PM
I know I'm going to get flack for this but this guy is 31 years old. Over 30 is not the best age for a linebacker. I remember how excited I was when the Oilers signed Wilber Marshall. He was virtually indentical in age to what Cowart is now. I remember how Buddy Ryan told Bud Adams: "If you sign Wilber, we'll win the Super Bowl." Marshall amounted to exactly diddly squat for the Oilers....

Having said all that, I'm still happy they signed Cowart. It's certainly better than doing nothing.....

Maybe he bucks the Houston LB signing trend?

TexansFanatic
03-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Maybe he bucks the Houston LB signing trend?

Works for me!

beerlover
03-24-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm thrilled with the Texans free agent signings, they have managed to address almost every possible need with upgraded players who have experience. It almost feels like a huge weight has been lifted off the franchise finally we are headed in the right direction, maybe now we can all enjoy the ride :redtowel:

utahmark
03-24-2006, 05:16 PM

the oilers had lamar lathon and a lot of other quality linebackers. our group aint so hot.

Mike Kerns
03-24-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm telling you, all this work in free agency is making me crack a smile:)

edo783
03-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Most of these signings fall into the "Solid, but not outstanding players" catagory. Frankly, IMO that is exactly what we need to be signing at this point rather than shooting our wad on one maybe two markee types and then still suck at a boatload of spots. I like what we are doing.

SESupergenius
03-24-2006, 05:38 PM
This is a good temporary stop the bleeding sort of signing. I'm glad we did it but I would equally be glad if we took a 1st day MLB for a change as well. We won't be able to fill all of our holes after last off seasons head scratching, but at least we've gotten over the "over 30" rule. Cowart is another accomplished player that adds to this team instead of subtracts from it. Good signing and let the battles begin.

nunusguy
03-24-2006, 05:45 PM
We got a strong side DE, now we got a MLB. Hey, the 4-3 conversion wasn't so hard was it ?

Maddict5
03-24-2006, 05:45 PM
^ id say mlb gets put off till next unless we take somebody in day 2 ..cb/wr/o-line are still more pressing needs

O.G.
03-24-2006, 05:54 PM
I couldn't agree more.

My feeling about next season's record is falling in the 7 win range. I'd say 7 to 9 wins right now and that's before the draft. They'll probably tease us by being in the wildcard hunt until falling short at the end. Then again, all it takes are a few bounces of the ball to make all the difference. The ball certainly fell the wrong way a lot last season, not that I'm complaining since it has spurred all of these changes.

I am also in agreeance. My goal for the ball club would be follow the footsteps of Miami of all teams. Lol, let me clarify. The were a top 3 pick team last year in the draft, Drafted Ronnie Brown while having Ricky's nutty self. New Coaching staff, new draft picks, few FA aquisitions, went on a role and ended the year 9-7. If we can do that, I will be happy. Then again, you put a good product on the field and win or lose, you will ease alot of tensions here.

JAXwithanX
03-24-2006, 05:56 PM

look at that, above some peoples beloved jamie sharper.

bdiddy
03-24-2006, 06:01 PM
I think Greenwood starts at the will. Moving him inside on passing downs is probably ideal now that you mention it. Cowart and Pierce both are run stoppers who lack in coverage skills. This should further shore up our run defense, but they are liabilities in coverage.

Reasonable proposition, but likely on passing downs the team will go into a nickel coverage and take out the MLB.

DominatorDavis
03-24-2006, 08:05 PM
I am glad to see the Cowart signing. We should be able to draft the next highest rated player rather then jam in a pick to fill a need. I am not sayting that we will be killers on defense next year but hopefully we'll be better.

Buzz
03-24-2006, 08:17 PM

Thanks for that link. I've been looking for a good ranking site.

As for Cowart, I agree he's a solid player who should be able to give you a few years of decent play, but what he also can do is give the offense one more guy with a lot of experience for them to practice against, which will help them get better a little more quickly in my opinion.

Samer
03-24-2006, 08:26 PM
This will be good, now we need to sign a WR to line up opposite field of AJ and watch out

thunderkyss
03-24-2006, 08:28 PM
2 down linebacker that struggles in space and has poor lateral movement. His best years are probably behind him but we were the worst run defense in the league last year and he gives us an instinctive run stopping linebacker to pair with Greenwood. I guarantee you he will come out in passing downs. He is a short term solution, but he will keep us from having to reach early for a MLB and we are in a position where we can let the draft come to us. We can find one of our tweeners to fight for the Sam backer. The Sam should be one of the better camp battles now.

How many games do watch on Sunday?? & do you take notes?? not the mental kind, real notes.

texan279
03-24-2006, 08:33 PM
How many games do watch on Sunday?? & do you take notes?? not the mental kind, real notes.

Vinny records games and studies film. As far as football goes, Vinny is one of the most knowledgable guys here.

thunderkyss
03-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Vinny records games and studies film. As far as football goes, Vinny is one of the most knowledgable guys here.

Does he take notes?? on computer, or on paper??

texan279
03-24-2006, 08:44 PM

If I'm not mistaken I think he keeps everything logged in a computer, it might be both though.

Texans34Life
03-24-2006, 08:57 PM
look at that, above some peoples beloved jamie sharper.

They got DaShon Polk at #10! :shocked

Bubbajwp
03-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Just curious but wich one do you do.

TexansTrueFan
03-24-2006, 09:01 PM
hmmm i love football but i can only watch the same game so many times, but i do record as many as i can though.

Str8tupg42k1
03-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Do you know what kind of toilet paper he(vinny) likes?

texan279
03-24-2006, 09:11 PM

Not sure if that was directed at me or not, but can we help it if after being on here for several years together we learn a few things about one another?

Vinny
03-24-2006, 09:21 PM
How many games do watch on Sunday?? & do you take notes?? not the mental kind, real notes.I'm just a football geek and follow the NFL as close as any fan I have ever met (may not be healthy). I packed my bags and moved outside Memphis when the Oilers moved to the Liberty Bowl & I moved to Nashville when the Oilers went to play there a year early. I don't know of anyone else who did this...or had the ability to do this (I was just divorced without kids). I did some floorplan work at a few car lots that Bud owned....so I had some connections. It's a hobby that I can't seem to step away from. I'd classify myself as a bigger NFL fan than a Texan fan. I tape tons of games and try to get a feel for the entire league.

Vinny
03-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Not sure if that was directed at me or not, but can we help it if after being on here for several years together we learn a few things about one another?
I'd let you arrest me anyday 279! At least I'd know it was for my own good. :stirpot:

texan279
03-24-2006, 09:42 PM
I'd let you arrest me anyday 279! At least I'd know it was for my own good. :stirpot:

Not to get off topic, but I think I worded some things wrong in the other thread. By the way I was trying to remember, how long was the old board up for?

Vinny
03-24-2006, 09:59 PM
it was humor...supposedly, but I'm not much of a comedian. I don't remember off the top of my head but I've been posting around 5 years. I started off as "Nashville Texan" on the first board and ended up just using a variation of my real name when I moved back to Houston.

stevo3883
03-24-2006, 10:25 PM
hmmm i love football but i can only watch the same game so many times, but i do record as many as i can though.

even UT games?

haha

Texas
03-25-2006, 01:14 AM
Thank god. Now we actually have a pretty solid LB core. Orr - Cowart -Wong.
I like that idea...Looks like our D may actually be a contender this year. I mean our D-line is pretty nice and has speed on it. Our LB core is pretty darn good and our corners, well dunta is really good, as for buchanon I beleive he will show all of the doubters this year what he can really do. Our safeties our good enough to hold there own. Im Loving it! I really doubt tho now that we will look into signing Mario Williams. You can pretty much scratch that.

TexanBacker93
03-25-2006, 03:00 AM
It's also a nice sign that they only went with a one year deal for Cowart. If the Texans can end up in that 7-9 win range they'll probably pick in the middle of the round. Paul Posluszny could be a nice addition for the defense in next year's draft.

mancunian
03-25-2006, 06:54 AM

wong and greenwood OLB, Cowart inside, backups Andeson, Orr and Pierce.

Babin and Peek become DE's

texan279
03-25-2006, 07:25 AM
from www.kffl.com

Texans | Contract update: S. Cowart
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:52:42 -0800

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans LB Sam Cowart signed a one-year deal worth $1.5 million, including a $710,000 signing bonus to join the Texans.

mancunian
03-25-2006, 07:47 AM

you guys are lucky here in the uk we get maybe 2 or 3 games during the season.

thunderkyss
03-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Just curious but wich one do you do.
I use neither, but if you ask me what I think about a linebacker from GreenBay, I'll post a link to his stat page............. I wouldn't be able to give you first hand knowledge of his play.

I'm with you............ I think it's kinda "strange" Texans279 should know, and answer question directed at antoher member.

Then again, I could've PM'd Vinny.

I'm just a football geek and follow the NFL as close as any fan I have ever met (may not be healthy). I packed my bags and moved outside Memphis when the Oilers moved to the Liberty Bowl & I moved to Nashville when the Oilers went to play there a year early. I don't know of anyone else who did this...or had the ability to do this (I was just divorced without kids). I did some floorplan work at a few car lots that Bud owned....so I had some connections. It's a hobby that I can't seem to step away from. I'd classify myself as a bigger NFL fan than a Texan fan. I tape tons of games and try to get a feel for the entire league.

I see.

Kaiser Toro
03-25-2006, 08:31 AM
you guys are lucky here in the uk we get maybe 2 or 3 games during the season.

This could be a solution for you if you have anyone in the US. http://www.slingmedia.com/

mancunian
03-25-2006, 09:31 AM
This could be a solution for you if you have anyone in the US. http://www.slingmedia.com/

Lucky for me I have friends in Philly and San Antonio, though one of my friends has married a Cowboys fan!

bdiddy
03-25-2006, 09:31 AM
For one year? I think we are going to draft a LB with the 2nd or one of the 3rds.
Who do you think will be there(LB) in those rounds draft crazys?

I disagree, at least not a MLB. Linebackers, much like 0-lineman, tend to fall and get drafted later than other positions. I think we could look for a LB in the 4th or 5th, or maybe the 3rd - but NO WAY in the 2nd.

2nd round, we go with either a WR (if he can be a bona fide #2) or a DE.

3rd, OG/OT, and DE/WR (whichever we did not pick in the 2nd round)

4th, LB

5th and 6th, Best Player Available with one lineman.

SESupergenius
03-25-2006, 09:35 AM
I use neither, but if you ask me what I think about a linebacker from GreenBay, I'll post a link to his stat page............. I wouldn't be able to give you first hand knowledge of his play.

I'm with you............ I think it's kinda "strange" Texans279 should know, and answer question directed at antoher member.

Then again, I could've PM'd Vinny.

I see.
Dude stop being so angry and challenging everyone on a personal level. It gets old. HAve some kind of good take or even an interesting one.

El Amigo Invisible
03-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Noone has mentioned M.Greewood. He did not seem very good but I was already really angry at the whole team.Will Cowart and Greenwood be a good combo?

mancunian
03-25-2006, 10:21 AM
I dont think Greenwood was played in the right spot. He was a OLB in Miami and we move him inside. Inspired thinking again from our previous regime!

UberDork
03-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Not to be negative, because I am glad we signed a MLB, and I don't know if anyone brought this up in the thread because I haven't read it all...Does the Cowart signing remind anyone of Charlie Clemons...I am assuming Cowart is here because we had no comfortable depth at the position, and it seems to me that we will be drafting MLB early in the draft. I just seem to remember people being excited about Clemons in a similar way.

keyfro
03-25-2006, 01:25 PM
granted the cowart signing kinda resembles the clemens signing a few years ago but it's also a totally different situation...here he is coming in to compete for the starting MLB position with wong, polk, evans, and pierce...he's not gonna be just given the starting job like charlie was...second is only a one year deal so if he doesn't work out there is always posluszny from penn state we can grab in round one next year...that kid looks like an animal in the same mold as aj hawk

Second Honeymoon
03-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Just like others have said on this thread.....KUDOS TO CASSERLEY!! OMFG did I just say that? Well, I call them like I see them and after adding Cowart and Flanagan to our FA bounty, I think we actually had a good offseason other than the resigning of Carr.

I can actually talk to my friends around the nation and have positive stuff to talk about the Texans. One more good signing and I would say we had a Top5 Free Agent offseason...Keep the good vibes going and get a few breaks and we may be a winning football team next year. yes, i just said that. yes yes I know we still have Carr at QB but with a focus on running ball and improving on defense we could have our franchise's best year ever.

I love you Casserley *vomits in bucket*

doug from the woodlands

Exascor
03-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Just like others have said on this thread.....KUDOS TO CASSERLEY!! OMFG did I just say that? Well, I call them like I see them and after adding Cowart and Flanagan to our FA bounty, I think we actually had a good offseason other than the resigning of Carr.

I can actually talk to my friends around the nation and have positive stuff to talk about the Texans. One more good signing and I would say we had a Top5 Free Agent offseason...Keep the good vibes going and get a few breaks and we may be a winning football team next year. yes, i just said that. yes yes I know we still have Carr at QB but with a focus on running ball and improving on defense we could have our franchise's best year ever.

I love you Casserley *vomits in bucket*

doug from the woodlandsWho are you and what did you do with the REAL HoneymoonIsOver?

Htown34s
03-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Its great that he signed for only one season. We need these veterans to help the younger guys. It seems to me that we're in our inagural season all over again, getting older players to fill holes until the home grown talent steps in. I have much more faith in this building of a team than what happened our first few years.

So far Kubiak is 20 times better than Capers. Too bad we didn't start of in 02 with Kubes...

bigTEXan8
03-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Its great that he signed for only one season. We need these veterans to help the younger guys. It seems to me that we're in our inagural season all over again, getting older players to fill holes until the home grown talent steps in. I have much more faith in this building of a team than what happened our first few years.

So far Kubiak is 20 times better than Capers. Too bad we didn't start of in 02 with Kubes...

I thought it was Kubiak's own opinion that he wasn't ready to coach. I thought I heard he felt he wasn't ready to lead a team. If I'm wrong, please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn his name pop up many times, but just wasn't ready.

texan279
03-25-2006, 02:31 PM
I thought it was Kubiak's own opinion that he wasn't ready to coach. I thought I heard he felt he wasn't ready to lead a team. If I'm wrong, please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn his name pop up many times, but just wasn't ready.

He didn't think he was quite ready at the time.

Second Honeymoon
03-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Who are you and what did you do with the REAL HoneymoonIsOver?

haha. I have locked him in a box until someone in the organization does something really stupid again (like resigning Carr or not resigning Wells). Given Casserley's track record I dont think he will be locked up for long though.

doug ftw

aj.
03-25-2006, 03:24 PM

Kubiak isn't any better than Capers until he finishes .500 or above.

Headlights of a Carr
03-25-2006, 05:36 PM
I move from Houston and the Texans have the busiest off-season in their history.:crying: I love all the moves especially the Putzier signing. Gotta love the off-season so far. Cowart is a solid starter especailly on this defense. Now to top it off, you know what's coming next..... draft Bush!!!!!!!!!!!:superman: :redtowel: :stirpot:

TexanFanInCC
03-29-2006, 01:51 PM
i know there is already a thread about him a few pages deep in the forum, but i wanted to know more about him. what kind of MLB is he? is he a real explosive guy? is he an intimidating figure? is he fast? is he a leader type?

F-minus67
03-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Before he got hurt he was the man on the bills D. After, he has recovered but he isn't as explosive as he was before, but he has great instints.

texan279
03-31-2006, 11:03 PM
from www.kffl.com

Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:24:54 -0800

Houston Texans LB Sam Cowart signed a two-year contract with base salaries of $710,000 (2006) and $2 million (2007).

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 11:30 PM
from www.kffl.com

Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:24:54 -0800

Houston Texans LB Sam Cowart signed a two-year contract with base salaries of $710,000 (2006) and $2 million (2007).

I think we got a good contract out of him. I see him starting at MLB for us the next couple of years.

The F.O has been signing free agents to some really good contracts, maybe it's because free agents are more attracted to coming here with all of the upside? Last year our big signing was Greenwood and I think Cowart is just as good as him and he has been overshadowed by our other great moves so far.