PDA

View Full Version : a really daft question

mancunian
03-23-2006, 01:27 PM
when David Carr ran out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage last season why is that recorded as a sack and not a running play for negative yards?

Vinny
03-23-2006, 01:30 PM
pressure caused the negative play on a pass. A designed QB run that lost yards would not be considered a sack.

mancunian
03-23-2006, 01:47 PM
cheers vinny. Makes sense now

Meloy
03-23-2006, 01:53 PM
This is one of the valid criticisms of David. He could have thrown out of bounds or an incomplete pass to avoid the negative yards. I think the new management will work with him and he will also have renewed confidence.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-23-2006, 02:04 PM
This is one of the valid criticisms of David. He could have thrown out of bounds or an incomplete pass to avoid the negative yards. I think the new management will work with him and he will also have renewed confidence.

I think Kube is going to work this guy over and not only build his confidence, but also make him a smarter QB. Paying attention to when to throw the ball away. I believe this kid had so much pressure being drafted where he did and was trying to force things to make them happen and we all know you cannot force things you have to let them develop.

I think he tried to run so much because he was afraid of getting killed, but also again trying to make the play. I think he will, through Kube coaching, educate him and meet his brain with his talents.

Hell, look what Kube did with Plummer out of Arizona (he was a head case there, did not know whether he was coming or going)

Be patient, everything is new, and we do not know the schemes or plays they are going to develop for this talented offense. We can already see they recognized the 3-4 defense does not work in the NFL without 4 elite LBs

Texas
03-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Yea it did always make me mad when he would pull a stupid move like that!