The Dude Abides
03-22-2006, 06:51 PM
http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_3628882

What this does for a future QB for them in the draft is up in the air

Bubbajwp
03-22-2006, 06:54 PM
http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_3628882

What this does for a future QB for them in the draft is up in the air
Man either Cutler or Vince are going to slip alot now.

MorKnolle
03-22-2006, 08:03 PM
I don't think the Raiders view Aaron Brooks as a long-term solution and I think they definitely could still take a QB in the 1st round and have them sit behind Brooks for a year. I think it could increase the chances of them taking Jay Cutler if both he and Vince Young are available at #7, as they have Aaron Brooks as their more mobile QB and then get Cutler to compete for the starting spot and give them a different type of QB.

tulexan
03-22-2006, 08:07 PM
You never know with the Raiders, but I can't see Brooks being the QB of the future for them.

thunderkyss
03-22-2006, 08:31 PM
they're stacked pretty deep at QB now....... You never know with the raiders, but I think they'll pass on QB

edo783
03-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Books's deal is only for two years. Sounds like about the right amount of time to bring in a young QB, set him for a year or so, then have a veteran QB that you can kick to the curb easily if needed. I still look for them to grab a young QB. I hope/expect that it won't be VY. TOTALLY wrong club for him. Bad coaching and a deep ball offense with some STRONG personalities. The right one IMO, would be the Cards. A GOOD vet QB that has a history of working well with young QBs and a coach who probably would be willing to adapt his offense to make use of VYs running abilities.

MorKnolle
03-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Books's deal is only for two years. Sounds like about the right amount of time to bring in a young QB, set him for a year or so, then have a veteran QB that you can kick to the curb easily if needed. I still look for them to grab a young QB. I hope/expect that it won't be VY. TOTALLY wrong club for him. Bad coaching and a deep ball offense with some STRONG personalities. The right one IMO, would be the Cards. A GOOD vet QB that has a history of working well with young QBs and a coach who probably would be willing to adapt his offense to make use of VYs running abilities.

I agree with you that the Cardinals would probably be the best fit for Vince and I do have him going to the Cards in the last mock I did and it will remain that way when I write up my second version of my mock.

Tale Gator
03-22-2006, 09:38 PM
I agree with you that the Cardinals would probably be the best fit for Vince and I do have him going to the Cards in the last mock I did and it will remain that way when I write up my second version of my mock.

Wow, Vince throwing to Boldin and Fitz with Edge running behind him -- that would be a recipe for major success.

mexican_texan
03-22-2006, 10:30 PM
The Raiders have a young QB, Andrew Walter from ASU, that they really like. A Raider fan told me the Raiders would pass on Matt Leinart because Walter has a strong arm that could work wonderfully with big 18.

So, Vince in the sixth round? :drool: j/k the most he'll fall is to the Chiefs.

thunderkyss
03-23-2006, 12:55 AM
I don't know..... I mean we do have a QB guru right here in Houston..... And we have a veteran starter for the next three years.

Blake
03-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Aaron Brooks will not make them shy away from taking a rd 1 QB. Andrew Walter might make them think twice.

Im almost certain those 3 QB's will be gobbled up before the cards at #?

chuckm
03-23-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm not sure conventional wisdom can predict in any way, shape, or form what Al Davis will do in any situation, much less the draft ...

Blake
03-23-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure conventional wisdom can predict in any way, shape, or form what Al Davis will do in any situation, much less the draft ...

haha nice. I guess we can lump Millen in with Al. Both of those guys are wild guns on draft day.

TheOgre
03-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Brooks will start until Young or Cutler is ready to go.

mexican_texan
03-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Brooks will start until Young or Cutler is ready to go.
So would they play WHEN he's benched? Aaron Brooks under the right system will play well. In other words: He won't mess up AS much in a dumbed down offense. I'm not saying he's dumb, but he tends to make bad decisions.

SESupergenius
03-23-2006, 06:06 PM
So would they play WHEN he's benched? Aaron Brooks under the right system will play well. In other words: He won't mess up AS much in a dumbed down offense. I'm not saying he's dumb, but he tends to make bad decisions.
Tuiasasasdflasjdf;lajsdf;lasdfl;aj is as good as gone. They let go of their starting QB so it is in their best interest to bring in as many QB's to evaluate. I still say they draft a QB at #1 unless some other dealings come along. It will get heated up come draft day, trust me.