PDA

View Full Version : Troy Brown jumpin' ship also ...

CoachJim
03-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Patriots | T. Brown the next to leave?
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:26:54 -0800

Tom E. Curran, of the Providence Journal reports sources close to free agent WR Troy Brown (Patriots) say he may be close to signing elsewhere in the next few days.

What were his #s as compared to DGivens & would he be our #2 fix?

BigBull17
03-22-2006, 08:33 AM
I would like to add a WR that adds depth to our secondary, but I dont think he is a barn burner #2 WR. He would add veteren(sp) leadership and about 35-45 catches a year. But I think he would be a good pickup.

mexican_texan
03-22-2006, 04:32 PM
I would like to add a WR that adds depth to our secondary, but I dont think he is a barn burner #2 WR. He would add veteren(sp) leadership and about 35-45 catches a year. But I think he would be a good pickup.
First of all, you should change your sig.

Troy Brown is a utility player in a way the NFL hasn't seen in a while. In an emergency situation, he could play CB. If he was signed by us, he could probably be an OL.

The Dude Abides
03-22-2006, 07:00 PM
First of all, you should change your sig.

Troy Brown is a utility player in a way the NFL hasn't seen in a while. In an emergency situation, he could play CB. If he was signed by us, he could probably be an OL.

That sig is money. Chuck Norris has counted to infinity, twice.

Anyone know the contract he had last year?

Buzz
03-22-2006, 08:10 PM
He's 34 I think, but I bet he could still play and contribute for years. He seems to be the kind of player who has kept himself in good shape just like Jerry Rice did, so he can stay in the NFL as long as possible. I heard the Jets are trying to get him, but the Texans probably never even talked to him because he's obviously lost a step and is going to be more of a possession guy.

F-minus67
03-24-2006, 12:08 AM
I swear he didn't sign some where else last year because his wife and family didn't want to move, or something like that.

Errant Hothy
03-24-2006, 01:42 AM
Patriots | Team agrees to terms with T. Brown
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:12:54 -0800

Tom E. Curran, of the Providence Journal, reports sources said the New England Patriots have agreed to terms with one of their own free agents, WR Troy Brown (Patriots), on an undisclosed contract.

There goes another possible Pats receiver.