PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys first bad move this offseason!

4th&inches
03-21-2006, 10:54 PM
The Cowboys released Larry Allen after 12 seasons. I just hope they are going to try to work out some kind of new contract for him. If not its a sad day in Dallas

edo783
03-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Who gives a rats behind if Dullazz is 10 ft deep in tears?

HowBoutThemCowboys!
03-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Indeed, indeed, it is a gloomy day in Big D. Our only player remaining from the Glory Days is now gone.

Though. It was bound to happen.

Larry Allen was the heart of the problem with the Cowboys late collapse in 2005. He's in his 30s and was old and worn down, failing his physical last year. Did anyone see him vs. the Redskins? When the Cowboys got whooped by 40 something?

The only reason he was in the Pro Bowl, is because fans don't know what he's up to. They look at the Pro Bowl ballot, see Larry Allen, and think "oh he's good."

Plus he was talking way too much salary space. Kyle Kosier is an upgrade.

WWJD
03-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Larry Allen was a great player! I hope things work out well for him wherever he ends up.

F-minus67
03-22-2006, 12:20 PM
It sucks for him that it had to end this way but he has almost nothing left in the tank.

Chicagotexan1
03-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Larry Allen was a great player! I hope things work out well for him wherever he ends up.

Maybe this will be allowed. Try not to end up like Nate newton, Irvin, Henderson... There are 2 common factors here. Cowboys and D.O.C.

thunderkyss
03-22-2006, 02:13 PM
I liked Larry Allen..... but just like a corner who's lost a step, has to consider playing safety, or a starting QB one day becomes a back up, Larry really should consider coming off the bench in Dallas......... at least I hope Dallas put that option in front of him.

He's definitely not the Larry Allen he used to be....... not for the last 2 years at least.