PDA

View Full Version : OMG the Texans might be good

DominickDavisFan76
03-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Wow, by what we have done so far in FA (not that bad) is kind of cool, because the signing period isnt over and we have great spots in the draft.

With Kubiak as our Head coach, our offense can be great, so all we will need to worry about is our D, with Dunta leading the way (plus he guaranteed that they would never go 2-14 again.), we might be back in the mix on Defense, so my question to the Fans is, How good do you think the texans will be next season?

Your thoughts :cool:

mike230765
03-21-2006, 03:35 PM
the way things are going right now i think that we will atleast be 8-8 if we pickup at least one of the FA linemen that have visited. the draft will take care of the defense and depth on the "O" and "D".

I am really getting excited about the season!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo:

DominickDavisFan76
03-21-2006, 03:39 PM
I hate replying to my own thread, but I forgot to mention that our team is reallly young,
Offense:

David Carr-5th year
Dominick Davis-4th year
Reggie Bush-Rookie Year
Jerome Mathis-2nd year
Andre Johnson-4th year
Jeb Putzier-(not sure)-6th year

Defense:

Travis Johnson-2nd year
Kenneth Pettway(Won't Play, but I like him either way)-2nd year
Glenn Earl-3rd year
C.C. Brown-2nd year
Dunta Robinson-3rd year
Phillip Buchanon-5th year
Morlon Greenwood-6th year

So is this team gonna be good soon?

c5demon
03-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Is the glass half Full or half Empty?

DominickDavisFan76
03-21-2006, 04:30 PM
what kind of question is that?

Blu
03-21-2006, 04:41 PM
I can see 7-9 next season, but hoping for more. It doesn't hurt to dream.:homer:

Double Barrel
03-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Some folks around me are calling it our first winning season...but I'm going to refrain from optimism right now until I see the team after the dust settles.

We are heading in the right direction, though, so that's always a good thing.

Texan Asylum
03-21-2006, 06:34 PM
#43 01-18-2006
Texan Asylum
<---My New Store Join Date: Oct 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe when this team gets it's first win next season, things will get to snowballing in regards to excitement and spirit. With all this teams been thru and the suppression it's endured, it'll explode like a freshly pruned tree. I really believe the turnaround will be astounding. I don't think this team is as bad as the record would indicate, and most of the coaches from the opposing teams we've played stated the same thing. Most said in interviews prior to the games that this team isn't as bad as the record would indicate so they shouldn't be taken lightly. With the new staff in place and the different schemes tailored to the gifts of the squad, I believe the change will be miraculous. Write it on a calendar. 01/18/06 TA__________________
Who am I, that the Lord of all Creation, would care to know my name.

A post from earlier in the year that I'll continue to stand by. Excuse the repost, but I believe we'll set the AFC South and and the rest of the NFL on fire with the turn around. I wish I could be at the first game. I bet the atmosphere will be electrifyingly dynamic. :gotexans1

Texas
03-21-2006, 08:42 PM
If we made these accquisations and no other team improved then i'd say we could possibly have a wildcard chance. However with the fact that most of the other teams made massive good additions I beleive we will have no better then a 8-8 and thats setting high standards. Unless we draft right in the draft and then maybe we can pull a 9-7...Or if we get a #2 WR thats a definite and some OL that can push more then a beer back...

swtbound07
03-21-2006, 10:07 PM
im not gonna drink the kool aid just yet. 2-14 isnt righted in one offseason......4-12 is a moderate goal for me, and thats what im sticking with. i hope we get the playoffs, but my glass is half empty

houstonbuckeye
03-24-2006, 04:37 PM
:redtowel: I hope to see the texans go 8-8 this season this would be a step in the right direction.

jaayteetx
03-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Hope? I HOPE they go 16-0, thats what I'me talking about. Of course thats not going to happen, but in the NFL these days a quick turnaround is possible. So I want to see a winning season, something around 9-7 or 10-6, and of course I would like for one of those W's to be against the Cowboys. I'm liking what I'm seeing, thats for sure. Go Texans!:redtowel:

ClintonPortis26
03-24-2006, 07:03 PM
When I read this title I said two things to myself...

1. Not if they draft Reggie Bush...

2. Since when does the team with the year before 1st overall pick become really good?

EDIT: I will admit though, Gary Kubiak will have this Franchise up and running in a few seasons. Then you just need to get rid of Charlie Casserly...

Wolf
03-24-2006, 07:23 PM
im not gonna drink the kool aid just yet. 2-14 isnt righted in one offseason......4-12 is a moderate goal for me, and thats what im sticking with. i hope we get the playoffs, but my glass is half empty

I don't think we were that bad .. I mean we lost a lot of close games yet scoreboard is scoreboard so we were bad.. I think with the talent of the Texans the whole team didn't buy into capers (fangio/pendry) philosophy, plus the way we drafted didn't fit into the scheme of what they wanted to do , imo (i.e if you want to be a grind it out , 3 yards and a cloud of dust.. why go #1 overall Qb and #3 overall WR ? why not get OL and veteran FA QB and stud RB?) ... what I think is the best overall improvement of this offense is getting McKinney out of center and getting an offensive minded coach for this talented bunch (also getting Bradford out was a plus... nothing personal against Bradford but as many "oh my" good catches he had..there were the same if not more "oh my" drops.

TexanBorn51
03-24-2006, 07:35 PM
YoU say that they might be good...how about that they will be good.

TexanFanInCC
03-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Is the glass half Full or half Empty?

looks full to me

Dunta_23
03-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Im hoping for 7-8 wins, my realistic number is probably 5-6

TexansTrueFan
03-24-2006, 08:58 PM
i am thinking between 8-10 wins, i would be happy with that. yeah really happy.

edo783
03-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Folks, ya need to look at who we will be playing this season before getting all giddy. We have what LOOKS like a very tough schedule coming up. A 6-10 season would be a real solid season with us playing those teams. I do think that we will not look like the inept fools we did last year though.

tex
03-24-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm thinking between 5-7 wins this year. I am hoping for more though.

TexansNeedRBin05
03-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Folks, ya need to look at who we will be playing this season before getting all giddy. We have what LOOKS like a very tough schedule coming up. A 6-10 season would be a real solid season with us playing those teams. I do think that we will not look like the inept fools we did last year though.

we SHOULD have the easiest schedule in the NFL, not counting are Divison. Teams with the worst record has the easiest schedule the next year I do believe. I think between 7-10 wins would be a good goal.

Samer
03-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Im thinking 4-5 wins with what we have now and if we finish the FA season good and draft right, then more, but that depends on who we get

mexican_texan
03-24-2006, 10:41 PM
When I read this title I said two things to myself...

1. Not if they draft Reggie Bush...

2. Since when does the team with the year before 1st overall pick become really good?

EDIT: I will admit though, Gary Kubiak will have this Franchise up and running in a few seasons. Then you just need to get rid of Charlie Casserly...
1. He won't be the only rookie--if we do draft him
2.2004 Chargers

Who's to say we won't win the AFC South? The Colts won't dominate and the Jaguars play down to the lesser team's level and can't compete with upper echelon teams. 10-4 is my chance. With a wildcard leading to the Superbowl. I'll tell you when I wake up.

Tayton
03-24-2006, 11:22 PM
I knew after the first preseason game last year that it was going to be a very long year. This team is going to be better at virtually every position but we still need a CB.

edo783
03-24-2006, 11:31 PM
we SHOULD have the easiest schedule in the NFL, not counting are Divison. Teams with the worst record has the easiest schedule the next year I do believe. I think between 7-10 wins would be a good goal.

Well, that is not exactly how it works. Used to I think, but not any more. We play our division of course and this year we play the NFC East crowd. NYG, Skins, Dullas and Eagles. Can't remember who else, but that doesn't sound like a cake walk to me. I THINK most of our compitition this coming season were over .500 last year.

TexansNeedRBin05
03-24-2006, 11:32 PM
Well Eagles are a roll over and the other 3 are tough! :crying:

ClintonPortis26
03-25-2006, 12:00 AM
1. He won't be the only rookie--if we do draft him
2.2004 Chargers

Who's to say we won't win the AFC South? The Colts won't dominate and the Jaguars play down to the lesser team's level and can't compete with upper echelon teams. 10-4 is my chance. With a wildcard leading to the Superbowl. I'll tell you when I wake up.

Colts are still gonna be Playoff Caliber not Super Bowl Caliber. As for the Jaguars their gonna be better and I dont see you guys winning more than 8 games...

Though then again...your right about the 2004 chargers.

Sooner or later Kubiak will have this organization running again... Good Luck in 2006(seriously)

Texas
03-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Some folks around me are calling it our first winning season...but I'm going to refrain from optimism right now until I see the team after the dust settles.

We are heading in the right direction, though, so that's always a good thing.

I agree 100%...I wanna see how we mix together and what the FA acquisations other teams made does!

whiskeyrbl
03-25-2006, 01:30 AM
I think 7-9 wins is not out of the question,we could have easily won 2-3 more games last year.:redtowel:

F-minus67
03-25-2006, 01:32 AM
Right now I see the team winning between 5-7 games. The offense will finally be NFL caliber, while the d will be a little sub par. Now if Casserly and Co. can hit on all of their draft picks and Reggie (if he is drafted) proves to be the real deal, 8-10 is a very realistic goal.

mancunian
03-25-2006, 03:27 AM

I dunno the Panthers went from 1 - 15 to 7 - 9 then to the Superbowl in 3 seasons Maybe my glass is 3/4 full.

:redtowel: :gotexans1

mancunian
03-25-2006, 03:30 AM
Right now I see the team winning between 5-7 games. The offense will finally be NFL caliber, while the d will be a little sub par. Now if Casserly and Co. can hit on all of their draft picks and Reggie (if he is drafted) proves to be the real deal, 8-10 is a very realistic goal.

hate to be picky but 8 - 10? do you mean 6 - 10 or 8 - 8?

mancunian
03-25-2006, 03:34 AM
Well, that is not exactly how it works. Used to I think, but not any more. We play our division of course and this year we play the NFC East crowd. NYG, Skins, Dullas and Eagles. Can't remember who else, but that doesn't sound like a cake walk to me. I THINK most of our compitition this coming season were over .500 last year.

It will be tough as not only do we play the NFC East we also play the AFC East. Its our first visit to New England and we also play in Miami and Oakland.
http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/schedule.php

I'm still very optimistic - 8 - 8 or 9 -7 at a push.

mancunian
03-25-2006, 03:35 AM
One of the reasons we might do ok is complacency from the other teams. Some players will still think of the Texans as 2- 14 team next year and that will be to our advantage.

Maddict5
03-25-2006, 04:47 AM

exactly my thoughts..if we had last years schedule again id say 9-7 but this years looks alot tougher..we've the nfc east so any win from there would be a bonus.the afc east(pats, fins)..we've got the browns also, the colts of course

at this moment i see us going 6-10,7-9..that kind of way.. il make another prediction after the draft

TexanBorn51
03-25-2006, 07:47 AM
I lived in Houston during the 60' and 70's Lamar/U of H and a Houston fan ever since. Although the Oilers started in 1960 those five years listed below from 1975-1980 were great. The fans and city were just in a frenzy with one game away from that Super Bowl. Notice the change in coaches, players, injuries, position changes, and similarities leading to and around that era and thinking what draft style and recent decisions is best this past year but in the end it will all still be a good one. The many great draft selections that just can't go wrong. Their past record does not totally express the great talent presently within the team.
Every day passes that a growing sense of a winning time awaits for the Texans and may mean Bowl bound again within the next five years. Maybe too optimistic maybe not but then I ask were the winning seasons during 1975-1980 of a then prior 15 year old struggling team bring good times, unforgotten memories, and feelings that we can win again...hell ya! (I also waited 40 long years for the 06 Astros(Colt 45's) to go World Series for the first time and I cherished every moment of those games . (Govt work took me away from Houston, San Antonio(Spurs), to presently Phoenix. I have two more years left and I'm heading back again to Texas, my home sweet home). Love Ya (Red, White, and) Blue-Go Texans Go!:fans:

1973: To say the Oilers season was miserable would be an understatement, as Coach Bill Peterson is fired after a 0-5 start. The Oilers whose record under Peterson was a humiliating 1-18, would be led the rest of the season by Hall of Fame Coach Sid Gilman. However, not even Gilman could help, as the Oilers lost their next 2 before beating the Colts 31-27 in Baltimore for their only win of the season, as they finished the season with a 1-13 record, being outscored 447-199 on the season.

1974: Sid Gilman remains head coach but hires Bum Philips to be the defensive coordinator so he could be groomed to replace him. The Oilers would start the season off by winning their first game at the Astrodome 21-14 over the San Diego Chargers. However, the Oilers would struggle losing their next 5 games, but this time the Oilers would recover by winning their next 4 on the way to finishing with a 7-7 record. Following the season Gilman would step down, and let Bum Phillips take over.

1975: In Bum Phillips first season as Coach the Oilers finally played competitive football again posting their first winning season in 7 years with a 10-4 record. However, all 4 losses were to the Pittsburgh Steelers, and Cincinnati Bengals who beat out the Oilers for the Division Title and Wild Card spot.

1976: The Oilers get off to another strong start at 4-1. However, the team's offensive struggles would catch up with them as they lost 6 in a row and 8 of 8 overall to close out the season with a disappointing 5-9 record.

1977: The Oilers get off on the right foot again winning 3 of their first 4 games, which was capped by a 27-10 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Astrodome. However, injuries would hamper the Oilers chances as they lost 5 of their next 6. Once some key players returned the Oilers would finish the season on a strong note to finish with an 8-6 record.

1978: Spurred by RB Earl Campbell who wins both the Offensive Rookie of the Year, and Offensive Player of the Year rushes for 1,450 yards, the Oilers make the playoffs with a 10-6 record, qualifying in the newly created 5th Wild Card spot. In the Wild Card Game the Oilers would travel to Miami where they stunned the Dolphins 17-9 to advance to the Divisional Playoffs. After beating the Dolphins the Oilers traveled to New England where they faced the Patriots before 61,297 chilly fans. However, the cold weather would not bother the Oilers 31-14 to earn a trip to Pittsburgh with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. However, the Oilers run would end in disappointment as they are blown out by the Steelers 34-5. Following the loss the Oilers are greeted by 50,000 loyal fans at the Astrodome holding signs saying "Love Ya Blue."

1979: Earl Campbell continues to establish himself as the best RB in the league winning the Offensive Player of the year again while claiming the NFL MVP, by rushing for an NFL best 1,697 yards, while scoring 19 TDs. The Oilers would go on to finish with an 11-5 record, qualifying for the playoffs as a Wild Card again. In the first playoff game at the Astrodome the Oilers beat the Denver Broncos 13-7, but lose several key players including RB Earl Campbell, and QB Dan Pastorini to injuries. Playing without Campbell and Pastorini in the Divisional Playoffs the Oilers backup would step it up as they beat the Chargers in San Diego 17-13, as Vernon Perry sets a playoff record by intercepting 4 passes. The Oilers would move to the AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh for a rematch with the Steelers. The Oilers appeared to have the game tied in the 3rd Quarter but Officials said Mike Renfro was out of bounds when replays clearly showed he got both feet in. The call would be a back breaker as the Oilers fell 27-13. Following the loss the Oilers would return home where 70,000 fans showed up early in the morning to greet them in another "Love Ya Blue" rally.

1980: Earl Campbell continues to be the rest runner in the NFL winning the rushing title again, and Offensive Player of the Year again with an amazing 1,934-yard season. His season was highlighted by consecutive 200-yard games as he narrowly misses a 2,000-yard season. The Oilers would go on to finish with an 11-5 record, as they had to settle for the Wild Card again after losing the division via tiebreaker. In the Wild Card Game at Oakland the Oilers were stymied by the Raiders all game losing 27-7, as their season is ended by the eventual Super Bowl Champion for the 3rd year in a row. However, Owner Bud Adams was not satisfied, and he would fire Coach Bum Philips, and replace him with Ed Biles.

HJam72
03-25-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm having deja-vu.

TheOgre
03-25-2006, 08:10 AM

The Dolphins didn't draft 1st, but rather 2nd (in 2005), but they got 9 wins this year. I think we should expect 5-7 wins. We have what looks like a tough schedule and will be in transition learning the new systems and schemes as well as where our personnel best fit. Have moderate expectations for this year, and higher expectations for 2007 and beyond.

Double Barrel
03-25-2006, 08:41 AM
I'm having deja-vu.

It's a glitch in the Matrix. Take the blue pill and go back to sleep. ;)

I'm getting excited about FO moves under Kubiak. I'm not ready to drink the koolaide, either, but I'll admit that it is starting to look tasty. I'll wait until the draft and give it some more time, but I'm definitely not pessimistic about next season. It just can't get here soon enough!

bdiddy
03-25-2006, 09:36 AM
I say we should have 6-9 wins this next season and look MUCH better. I think the season after next we will have a legit shot at 10 wins for the first time, and three seasons from now we can seriously think playoffs. That would be a pretty impressive three year turnaround 2-14 to the playoffs.

TexanBacker93
03-25-2006, 10:05 AM

The Texans get the game against their division. (6 games)

The AFC south this year plays the NFC East and the AFC East. (8 games)
These rotate each year. Next year it's the NFC South and AFC West. The teams alternate home and away with these games.

The final 2 spots are determined by where the team finishes in their division. Each team plays the teams that finished in the same position in the standings from the other 2 AFC divisions. Usually, if you finish last in your division you'll play a bad team. This year the Texans get the Browns (at home AGAIN!!) and the Raiders (on the road.)

The Texans usually play the Jags and Titans close and I think this is the year they finally win against Indy here. 3 home wins.

With the losses New England has had they aren't as dominating as before. Still, that's on the road. None of the AFC East teams is tremendous. I think it's possible to split these games. I don't think the team loses to Buffalo here and I think they can win at NY this year. 2 wins.

The NFC east is a tough conference. I'd rather play the NFC North in Kubiak's first year. I think the team can get a win from this group, though. Not sure which one, since they are all going to be tough. 1 win.

Even though the Browns added a couple of key FAs and the team barely held on to beat them, I think the Texans played worse than they were last year and will be better this season. The Browns still have health issues with Winslow. The Raiders no longer have mystique. Their home field advantage is a shell of what it once was. The Texans improved more with their coaching change and have more talent. 2 wins.

So, I think 8 wins is possible. I would love to have the Titans here for the home opener and kick their tacks back to Nashville.

TexansTrueFan
03-25-2006, 10:17 AM
i see the texans in the playoffs. maybe even a superbowl caliber team.
reggie bush is the next barry sanders.
he will take pressure off carr with the blitz. make the passing game much better. as will kubiak. flanagan greatly improves the line.

defense is the key. how well they adjust to the 4-3. the offense will rack up serious points this year. weaver and cowart is a great start on d.

hmm u must be a big bush homer cause theres no way this team will make it to the superbowl next year, i love them but the pick up of buh in the draft would be a total waste IMO, but off the subject, well i like what the new staff has done this free agency, i mean they have worked equally to fill holes on offense and defense. adressing some of our most pressing needs. Good gob C.C and G.K

bigTEXan8
03-25-2006, 10:42 AM
I thnk everyone on this board can admit that anything is going to be better than 2-14. I'd like to see the Texans finisih between 7-9 and 9-7, would be awesome to me...but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm looking forward to the proper improvements being made on this team, and for this season.

TexansTrueFan
03-25-2006, 10:46 AM
well look at the dolphins who had a very bad season and then saban came in and they were actually pretty good last year. i mean its not really hard to turn things around, and no i dont think the reason for the improvment is ricky williams. it all starts up front with the coaches and the staff and i think thats the place we improved the most this season

DominickDavisFan76
03-25-2006, 04:10 PM
well look at the dolphins who had a very bad season and then saban came in and they were actually pretty good last year. i mean its not really hard to turn things around, and no i dont think the reason for the improvment is ricky williams. it all starts up front with the coaches and the staff and i think thats the place we improved the most this season

What do u mean it isnt that hard to turn things around, ya well the dolphins dont have casserly!

tulexan
03-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Like him or not, Casserly has done a pretty good job so far this offseason.

THEFUTURE
03-25-2006, 04:41 PM
If we made these accquisations and no other team improved then i'd say we could possibly have a wildcard chance. However with the fact that most of the other teams made massive good additions I beleive we will have no better then a 8-8 and thats setting high standards. Unless we draft right in the draft and then maybe we can pull a 9-7...Or if we get a #2 WR thats a definite and some OL that can push more then a beer back...

For everyone one team that improves, one team has to become worse. look at the Patriots. they just lost a couple big parts of their championship runs (Vinatieri and McGinest), while the Colts and the Browns benefited.... so while teams like the Redskins and Seahawks are bringing in a lot of talent, the teams they are taking the talent from are getting worse..... just look at the Vikings, we take Cowart from them, they trade away Culpepper, they might lose Burleson to the Seahawks, i would definitely say the vikings are having trouble keeping players and are getting worse.. yeah, they signed Hutchinson, but they overpaid for a LG. Even the Colts got a little worse, letting Edge go was a mistake.

NExt year we play the normal 3 of Tenn, Jacksonville, and Indy. The rest of our games in no specific order are against Buffalo, Miami, Philly, Washington, Cleveland, New England, Dallas, NY Jets and Giants, and Oakland.... im not going to make any guesses of a record until the draft comes and we get into training camp... but i like our schedule. it will give us a pretty good parameter of how good we actually are. we play some quality teams next year

Erratic Assassin
03-25-2006, 05:16 PM
with Dunta leading the way (plus he guaranteed that they would never go 2-14 again.)

Why didn't he guarantee that last year?

HJam72
03-25-2006, 07:02 PM

Probably Fangio.

mexican_texan
03-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Like him or not, Casserly has done a pretty good job so far this offseason.
You may have a Ferrari, but if you don't know how to drive, it is as fast as an electric car.

Kubiak and Smith's playbooks and schemes are the deciding factor in the end. FA's don't always go for the money.

And there is nothing wrong with the matrix.:spy: :spy: :confused: :spy:

texansfan4life
03-25-2006, 11:26 PM
i think the txans will go 11-5 this year that what i think ill tell you why reggie bush is gonna run wild and turn out the nfl his first year that why

THEFUTURE
03-25-2006, 11:36 PM
i think the txans will go 11-5 this year that what i think ill tell you why reggie bush is gonna run wild and turn out the nfl his first year that why
you wanna expand on that, some reasoning behind those crazy thoughts.. 11-5 is an awfully big jump to be making in one year after going 2-14.. and the draft hasn't even happened yet, and our schedule is tough.

Texans86
03-26-2006, 12:46 AM
I want to be optimistic, but last offseason ruined me. I will wait for the draft and camp before I can make any realistic goals. Of course camp doesn't mean a whole lot either, we shut out the cowboys last preseason if I remember correctly. Yeah, that predicted a lot.

MasterC25
03-26-2006, 02:58 AM
Wow, by what we have done so far in FA (not that bad) is kind of cool, because the signing period isnt over and we have great spots in the draft.

With Kubiak as our Head coach, our offense can be great, so all we will need to worry about is our D, with Dunta leading the way (plus he guaranteed that they would never go 2-14 again.), we might be back in the mix on Defense, so my question to the Fans is, How good do you think the texans will be next season?

Here is how much better we can be be next year, watch and hope that next season isn't too far away:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iSdqFWXKXAc&search=Reggie%20Bush

texanskan
03-26-2006, 03:03 AM
Two years ago we won seven games everyone here belived we would win 8-10 games last year. Well everything fell apart and we all know what happened.

This year if you look at the roster it is much better and it will end up deeper than that team two seasons ago. All the young guys have more experience and should be peaking soon as players.

As far as the vets the few we have retained are close to the same players as they once were the others have been replaced by younger guys.

Remember CC did not get fired because overall the talent was closer to 8 wins than the results 2 wins

TexanBorn51
03-26-2006, 07:38 AM
I agree to the recent posts that the Texans will have good winning seasons within one to five years. A great turnaround 06 season is very possible just like this 1975 team as in post previous #38 as well as other teams in the past.:fieldgoal

DominickDavisFan76
03-26-2006, 04:56 PM

Because he never thought that after a 7-9 season, that a team could turn around and go 2-14!:cool:

mapleleaf
03-26-2006, 09:57 PM
I think so we might be a 9-7 team at the most, and a 6-10 at least.

mapleleaf
03-26-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm beggining to be pessimistic about the Texans picking Young in the draft next month. I mean there's alot of sourced sayiing that the Texans will pick Bush and that the Saints will pick Young, though it would be better if the Saints gave us Young for Bush but then again they're not interested in neither of them.

Bubbajwp
03-26-2006, 10:14 PM
They will do a heck of alot better than 6-10 or 9-7 next year if Young has something to do with it.:twocents:
WOW.

mapleleaf
03-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Check this I was watchin sports extra and we gonna sign DE Kalue from the Eagles and perhaps in a trade for Eric Moulds awesome or what?:ok:
I don't think they're good players.

thunderkyss
03-26-2006, 10:33 PM
I dunno the Panthers went from 1 - 15 to 7 - 9 then to the Superbowl in 3 seasons Maybe my glass is 3/4 full.

:redtowel: :gotexans1

Man. If we could get a coach who could do something like that....... that would be awesome... :sarcasm:

This is the first season I'll have season tickets. I'm hoping we win all our home games, and a couple on the road..... that's what 10 wins........ that'd be nice. And with Vince on the Bench, I'm sure David will play as good as he can. May even look like a probowler, but with Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Rothlisberger, & Leftwhich.... he may not go.

But here's to hope.....

mexican_texan
03-26-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm beggining to be pessimistic about the Texans picking Young in the draft next month. I mean there's alot of sourced sayiing that the Texans will pick Bush and that the Saints will pick Young, though it would be better if the Saints gave us Young for Bush but then again they're not interested in neither of them.
Fugettaboutit. Vince Young WILL NOT play for the Texans. The Giants, however, will go far in the offseason if they sign or draft a couple of LBs.

Moulds may not be as good as he once was, but he'll be a great #2 and will help out the other 80.

Oh, and its ND Kalu, or Nduke Kalu.

HoustonFan
03-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Small victory, but I like our chances against the division rivals. Especially the Colts. Anyway, I can't wait for the draft and for the season to start.

Bobo
03-27-2006, 12:14 AM

3-13, maybe 4-12. This team has a long, long way to go with an inexperienced head coach and an inexperienced staff. Capers kept the team competitive with mirrors for three years, but now the mirrors are broken and Kubiak is creating problems where they didn't exist previously (ie. WR). Looks like lots of seats available once again by mid-season.

HJam72
03-27-2006, 12:22 AM
3-13, maybe 4-12. This team has a long, long way to go with an inexperienced head coach and an inexperienced staff. Capers kept the team competitive with mirrors for three years, but now the mirrors are broken and Kubiak is creating problems where they didn't exist previously (ie. WR). Looks like lots of seats available once again by mid-season.

Oh my God, you're actually praising Capers and judging Kubiak, who hasn't even had one game, preseason or otherwise, to work with this team yet. You need to find the Cowboys forum and stop hanging around here whining.

TexanFanInCC
03-27-2006, 03:10 AM

whatever you say bub. look, we went 7-9 in 2004 and 2-12 the next season with almost the same team. offensively, we did considerably worse in 05 than 04. coaching is the only thing responsible for that. they worked in the offseason to develop a more timing based offense to minimize sacks, but all it did was lead to more sacks, more miscommunication...basically the system collapsed, and the offensive coordinator change midseason didnt help. the 04 system certainly had its number of greats with a few bumps. after all, AJ recieved for 1000 yds, something never accomplished before in franchise history. carr actually had a respectable qb rating in the 80's. he had games of 30 and 31 points and some amazing comebacks in between. under kubiak and his offensive mind, to go along with the addition of flanagan, putzier, bush, and possibly moulds, this offense SHOULD rank in the top 10 (trying to be a bit leniate).

the defense will be better off in the 4-3. u have ur established MLB with a very solid and underrated kailee wong at the LB spots with greenwood. babin will flourish in the 4-3. i think he will start over peek, a more situational/special teams player. weaver will improve the run defense. just draft a CB or two and the defense should be respectable, not great, but good enough to compliment the offense and get us 8+ wins.

Napa Auto Parts
03-27-2006, 03:38 AM
I wont go as far as saying we are going to be good but ill venture and say we will be better than last year and thats good enough for me ill be happy if we could pull of 10 or 11 wins.

ledzeppelin229
03-27-2006, 03:40 AM
If we can pull off 10-11 wins, I would call that good. Especially after the slow motion trainwreck the past few years has been.

dalemurphy
03-27-2006, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=mapleleaf]I'm beggining to be pessimistic about the Texans picking Young in the draft next month.[QUOTE]

Welcome to Earth!

DominickDavisFan76
04-01-2006, 08:50 AM
I like bringing my posts back, so here I go,
I think that with the recent signing of Eric Moulds, it lets us make our draft picks on something other than WR

which helps us a lot cuz I line is better, but it is not great, so im guessing (in which the texans will draft an OLman) that we go 10-6.(which could mean playoffs.):redtowel:

Texans#1
04-01-2006, 09:00 AM
I'm Thinking 9-8 season then im reail going to be happy i give it a half glass.

GO TEXANS!!!!!

TexanBorn51
04-01-2006, 09:34 AM
I agree that they are heading for a good winning season. Simply put there are 11 players on the field at one time the offense then the defense. That being said everyone behind the OL is set the WR on each end has been addressed and so is the TE what is left are 4-5 OL besides the ones staying you have Flanigan(that makes four centers), Loverne, and the draft that narrows the focus down to 1-3 OL.The defense (11) upgraded with FA , resigns and picks like Cowart, Evans, Wong, Kalu, Moreno, Pettway, Chamberlin, Polk, Walker, Weaver, (this is pretty busy pre-draft DL moves as compared to the OL), and also the ones from last year, and still have the draft coming up. The bargaining choices in draft and trades to focus on DL exists as well (1-3). Of course leaving lead way room for all positions that are not filled. All easier said than done but it can be done.