PDA

View Full Version : Putzier Is Ours!!!

LORK 88
03-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Texans | Putzier agrees to deal
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:51:18 -0800

Adam Caplan, of Pro Football News and Injury Report, reports the Houston Texans have agreed with free agent TE Jeb Putzier (Broncos) on a four-year, $7.5 million contract. The deal also includes a $1.85 million signing bonus.

TexanSam
03-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Finally! He's still young and should keep improving. We at last have a real, NFL quality tight end.

kbourda

Adam Caplan, of Pro Football News and Injury Report, reports the Houston Texans have agreed with free agent TE Jeb Putzier (Broncos) on a four-year, $7.5 million contract. The deal also includes a $1.85 million signing bonus.

Great. Now just pick up a #2 WR and this off season will be alright in my mind.

keyfro
thank god that's over with...now we can focus on the offensive line, receivers, and linebackers from here on out

Carr Bombed

Adam Caplan, of Pro Football News and Injury Report, reports the Houston Texans have agreed with free agent TE Jeb Putzier (Broncos) on a four-year, $7.5 million contract. The deal also includes a $1.85 million signing bonus.Good price too, that is cheap.

AtheGreat
03-20-2006, 07:22 PM
alright! put a big X next to TE on the " to draft list". :redtowel:

Bubbajwp
03-20-2006, 07:25 PM
thank god that's over with...now we can focus on the offensive line, receivers, and linebackers from here on out
And DB's

Mightymike
i hear cowart is ours too

dat_boy_yec
Good price too, that is cheap.

Hell yeah, who says we overpay now. That's a hella great price, it sounds like less than 2 mill a yr. I'm really excited about this signing. GO TEXANS!!!:redtowel:

Mailman04
03-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Thanks man, You do a great job finding this stuff. Jeb is a great addition at great price. I like this one and now wish they could add Cowart. I don't care one way or other on Smith, but I would love to have Cowart.

DRIFTAWAY
03-20-2006, 07:27 PM
i think this drastically improves our offense next yr

kbourda
03-20-2006, 07:30 PM
i think this drastically improves our offense next yr

The offense was drastically improved when Kubiak was signed to be HC.

YoungTexanFan
I like the hometown discount he gave us.

LORK 88
I still say draft a TE, but we can get one later like round 4 or 5

Bubbajwp
The offense was drastically improved when Kubiak was signed to be HC.
Double improved.

whiskeyrbl
03-20-2006, 07:31 PM
The puzzle is starting to come together. A few more pieces and the rebuilding can begin.With the addition of Bush via the draft we could possibly have a very very nice offense. So do we now address Defense and WR in rounds 2-6

aj.
03-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Nice add at a reasonable price.

Runner
03-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Sounds like we'll get good bang for the buck with this one. Nice.

TEXANS84
03-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Great news, good price. Definitley an upgrade to the offense.

Mailman04
03-20-2006, 07:46 PM
They will address WRs and Defense in draft after Bush, but they have to also look at OL, don't forget that. Some very, very good OLM are predicted to be available in rounds 2-3. They should take one plus LB plus WR on first day to go with Bush. As far as TE as someone suggested, if someone slips to second day and is best player on the board, i agree. Otherwise, don't draft one though. If Leonard Pope of Georgia slips to second day they could do much worse than take him.

The Myth
03-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Good Deal. Glad to see moves being made where they need to be made. Now, as mentioned above, on to the O-Line...

tiger06
03-20-2006, 07:50 PM
great signing; definitely an upgrade over what we have.

Texans34Life
03-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Great. Now just pick up a #2 WR and this off season will be alright in my mind.

Great pickup and great addition to our offense! :redtowel: :cool: :drool:

But don't forget about upgrading our OL! :sos:

Paragon Blue
03-20-2006, 07:55 PM
:yahoo:
Finally a good move!!!!

rmartin65
03-20-2006, 07:57 PM
This is great news, a real tight end.

The Dude Abides
03-20-2006, 08:02 PM
This is great news, a real tight end.

and a guy who's coming from a winner.

Str8tupg42k1
03-20-2006, 08:03 PM
:yahoo: :redtowel:

Buzz
03-20-2006, 08:05 PM
So do you think they will get rid of Joppru now instead of waiting for him to get hurt again?

4Texans
03-20-2006, 08:07 PM
There's no doubt they needed a guy that could step right in and know the offense, and TE was a key since it's a position the previous coaching staff never utilized.:ok:

nunusguy
03-20-2006, 08:08 PM
"Putzier, 27, will be reunited in Houston with first-year head coach Gary Kubiak, who was his offensive coordinator in Denver, and who pushed hard for the Texans to sign the four-year veteran. Putzier had drawn interest from several other teams, including the New York Jets and the Philadelphia Eagles after his release. The Jets had actually signed him to a restricted free agent offer sheet last spring, but the Broncos matched it and retained him."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2377396
This is ESPNs story on our new TE. Kubiak is being pretty effective in filling some big need positions.

BradK10
03-20-2006, 08:12 PM
awesome...and a BIG :ok: to the price tag

PapaL
03-20-2006, 08:15 PM
i hear cowart is ours too

Where?

El Amigo Invisible
03-20-2006, 08:16 PM
I kind of wanted Lenard Pope (s/p) . That manic from Georgia but I have heard good things about this guy:ok:

el toro
03-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Great news. The picture is starting to come together.

Texans Pride
03-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Nice pick up with a great price. Welcome aboard Putzier!

DoCRoN
03-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Now if only everyone would learn to say his name correctly! :challenge I lived in Denver for 3 years while he played there, and Putzier himself told the media that the correct pronunciation of his name is only 2 syllables. "PUTTS", like in golf, followed by "EAR", like the 2 things you listen with. "PUTZ-EAR" Everyone tries to make it sound all French or something.... :crazy: Sheesh!

TexanFan881
03-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Now if only everyone would learn to say his name correctly! :challenge I lived in Denver for 3 years while he played there, and Putzier himself told the media that the correct pronunciation of his name is only 2 syllables. "PUTTS", like in golf, followed by "EAR", like the 2 things you listen with. "PUTZ-EAR" Everyone tries to make it sound all French or something.... :crazy: Sheesh!

Thanks for the tip :redtowel: Hopefully we'll be saying his name a lot this year.

YoungTexanFan
03-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the tip :redtowel: Hopefully we'll be saying his name a lot this year.

Yes, following my favorite two syllable word: TOUCHDOWN!!

Try it everyone, TOUCHDOWN PUTZIER!!!!!!!!

mike230765
03-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Good job F.O. no lets get some line help so we can draft some "D" to help out our new "O". :redtowel:

Mightymike
03-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Where?

on another thread.....i'll post it in a sec

Porky
03-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Great signing and for once, at a reasonable price. Congrats to CC, Kubiak, and the rest of the FO. I think this takes TE off of our first day list, but if a best avaliable is there in day 2, I am not opposed. A little Bennie insurance never hurts. :redtowel:

Dunta_23
03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
I am very happy with the signing...at a good price...I am also hoping that Joppru is healthy coming out of camp and both of these guys see the field this year... # 2 WR, MLB, and some help on the OL are all thats needed before the draft

TexanFan881
03-20-2006, 09:33 PM
on another thread.....i'll post it in a sec

I beginning to think that someone just jumped the gun...just like someone did before with us supposedly signing Givens...and we all know that he didn't end up signing with us.

Mightymike
03-20-2006, 09:34 PM
there wasn't a link to a site, they just said it. i'm lookin for it
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=19942&page=3
el toro
its probly wrong

bigTEXan8
03-20-2006, 09:39 PM
http://www.jimflorentine.com/art/special_ed.jpg

YEAH!!!!!!!:yahoo: :texflag:

Napa Auto Parts
03-20-2006, 09:41 PM
i like the signing to tell you the truth i think putzier is one of the top 10 tight ends in the league but i was honestly scared casserly would give him Tony Gonzalez money.:)

TexanFan881
03-20-2006, 09:43 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=19942&page=3
el toro
its probly wrong

I know, I'm not saying it's you, I'm just saying that's probably what happened.

Errant Hothy
03-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Good signing and a good price, makes Hoth-Boy happy.

Waltman
03-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Excellent pick up!:ok:

el toro
03-20-2006, 09:52 PM
el toro
its probly wrong

Wha? I made no such claim. I only asked for confirmation.

TexanFan881
03-20-2006, 09:54 PM

It was Wild Bill

Mightymike
03-20-2006, 09:55 PM

i wasn't blamin it on you man..... chill
since the post got deleted, it was your post that had what wild bill said and people could go straight to your post to see it had been said

TheTim5125
03-20-2006, 09:55 PM
i'm excited, as many of you are.

TexanFan881
03-20-2006, 09:58 PM
i'm excited, as many of you are.

heck yeah, why wouldn't we be :redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel:

done88
03-20-2006, 10:05 PM
What are the Texans doing!!! oh wait they got this one right. I just got so used to complaining I almost forgot how to rejoice yea!!! Now how bout that defense.

TexansMVP
03-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Awesome signing. I can't wait to see us have a TE who can catch the ball now.

edo783
03-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Putzier seems like a good signing for us. I was on the Broncos board and they speak well of him. Seems to have been a fan favorit.

TexanFan881
03-20-2006, 10:08 PM
What are the Texans doing!!! oh wait they got this one right. I just got so used to complaining I almost forgot how to rejoice yea!!! Now how bout that defense.

lol:

powerfuldragon
03-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Putzier, Johnson, Walter, Davis, and Carr.

Defenses aren't gonna know what hit em.

TexanBacker93
03-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Putzier, Johnson, Walter, Davis, and Carr.

Defenses aren't gonna know what hit em.

Don't leave out Jerome Mathis and possibly Reggie Bush in that mix. I might be so bold as to predict some 20+ point outbursts this season.

Kaiser Toro
03-20-2006, 10:22 PM
The right price for the right need. Bonus points for bringing a guy with him from his previous team to help with the system and have a guy that is one of DC's targets. Once Kubiak turns it around hopefully Putzier will get a deserved raise sooner than later for help laying the foundation for success.

We should not go TE in this draft unless BPA is to good to pass. We have Putizer, Brunner and Joppru. Go with it for one more year.

This is a good day for the Texans.

David's Busted Carr
03-20-2006, 10:25 PM
So who is the odd man out? Bruner, Rivers, or Joppru?

Bruner is a solid blocker. Not sure what Rivers does. Joppru mixes some good gatorate while rehabbing all his injuries. I don't see us carrying 4 TEs...

powerfuldragon
03-20-2006, 10:26 PM
if the texans score more than 30 points in one game this year, i'm tattooing the texans logo on some part of my body.

Ibar_Harry
03-20-2006, 10:28 PM
if the texans score more than 30 points in one game this year, i'm tattooing the texans logo on some part of my body.

I would hate to think what you would do if they scored 50.....

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-20-2006, 10:31 PM
QB Carr
RB Bush
RB DD
WR AJ
WR Walter
TE Putzier

Sending Bsuh in motion... OMG I think I am going to become a Texan...

Oh wait I think Carr just wet himself in the forst play because he had two guys open and 1:1 with AJ...

Gotta love it!!!

GP
03-20-2006, 10:39 PM
See what happens when a GM works with his coach and honors his coach's wishes? We got average players in an average system with Capers, and we're getting quality players in a very healthy system under Kubiak.

Most of you can rag on Cass all you want for not "standing up to Capers" and defying Capers' wishes on player acquisitions...Casserly knows the coaches coach the players and the coach should get the players they want for their system. Players and coaches take the heat for their performance, not the GM. The GM gets canned when he plays Lone Ranger with free agency wheeling and dealing and gets the team into cap hell.

Never really understood why so many fans have it in for a guy like Casserly who works WITH the current coach to try and help the coach as the coach sees fit.

Now when I look back to that last Sunday night game and we all thought McNair was mad at Casserly and it looked like they were not on good terms...makes me think they were both tired of Capers and his system, but they have to be in their seats showing some sort of normalcy to the hundreds of viewers in an otherwise dismal situation for both McNair AND Casserly. Heck, neither one of them wanted to be there, and I think Casserly has always been solid with McNair.

We're going to pick up two more marquee players...hopefully Flanagan at C and either Burleson or Walker at WR, and this team will have MAJOR buzz come playing time. New system, better players, and top talent with our awesome early picks in the draft.

This has already been a better off season than at any other year's ENTIRE off season...and we still have the draft to go.

Hervoyel
03-20-2006, 10:40 PM
So do you think they will get rid of Joppru now instead of waiting for him to get hurt again?

Of course not, that would be a silly thing to do at this point. The damage is done as far as Joppru's first three years is concerned. Cutting him now would accomplish almost nothing. Letting him come to camp and seeing if he can still contribute would be the smart thing to do and if he can't you're not out anything.

Kaiser Toro
03-20-2006, 10:41 PM
See what happens when a GM works with his coach and honors his coach's wishes? We got average players in an average system with Capers, and we're getting quality players in a very healthy system under Kubiak.

Most of you can rag on Cass all you want for not "standing up to Capers" and defying Capers' wishes on player acquisitions...Casserly knows the coaches coach the players and the coach should get the players they want for their system. Players and coaches take the heat for their performance, not the GM. The GM gets canned when he plays Lone Ranger with free agency wheeling and dealing and gets the team into cap hell.

Never really understood why so many fans have it in for a guy like Casserly who works WITH the current coach to try and help the coach as the coach sees fit.

Now when I look back to that last Sunday night game and we all thought McNair was mad at Casserly and it looked like they were not on good terms...makes me think they were both tired of Capers and his system, but they have to be in their seats showing some sort of normalcy to the hundreds of viewers in an otherwise dismal situation for both McNair AND Casserly. Heck, neither one of them wanted to be there, and I think Casserly has always been solid with McNair.

We're going to pick up two more marquee players...hopefully Flanagan at C and either Burleson or Walker at WR, and this team will have MAJOR buzz come playing time. New system, better players, and top talent with our awesome early picks in the draft.

This has already been a better off season than at any other year's ENTIRE off season...and we still have the draft to go.

You are talking loco and I like it.

Ibar_Harry
03-20-2006, 10:42 PM

Very well said. Many can not see the tree for the forest.

tulexan
03-20-2006, 10:43 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up for Walker or Burleson.

Texans Pride
03-20-2006, 10:45 PM

I got the bull tattooed on my shoulder in March of 2002. Always reminds me of my Texans Pride!

F-minus67
03-20-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm just excited to see that DC finally has a reliable target. This looks like the start of a good year finally.

2 CENTS
03-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Finally a Pick up WE really needed!!! I was so afraid he would get away I didn't know what to do!!! Way to go COACH K!!!!!!

RB5
03-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Glad they got Putzier and I hope they get Cowart too. :sbad:

Weren't others visiting today like Flanagan? Anyone know how that went? I'm sounding alittle greedy, I know. :drool:

outofhnd
03-20-2006, 11:05 PM
I believe Rivers will be the odd man out seeing as how he is an unrestricted free agent.

The Dude Abides
03-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Do you think this could be a true possability for our Offense next year?
Reality and Money wise?

Carr
Bush,DD
Cook,Moran
Dre,Moulds,Johnny,Walters
Jeb,Bennie
Pitts
Steve
Fanagan
Drew
Wiegert

I'm probably saying a no to Moulds. I don't think we're going to throw the kind of money he wants.

tulexan
03-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Who is Johnny at WR?

TexansTrueFan
03-20-2006, 11:14 PM
hmm se this off season hasnt been a total waste.

outofhnd
03-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Im beginning to think Bennie Joppru is the groundhog day of our offseason if he comes out and is healthy, Then we will be good. He comes out and has a season ending injury another 4 months of futility...

Putzier goves us the Pass Catching TE we need.

tulexan
03-20-2006, 11:22 PM
If Joppru contributes at all, you can bet that ESPN will do one of those dramatic 5 minute mini movies about how he has struggled with injuries for the past few years and now he is finally getting his shot.

swtbound07
03-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Maybe im greedy. Dont get me wrong, i love putzier as a signing. Literally, no complaints. Zero. We've never had a top caliber tight end, now we do. however, i wonder how dynamic our offense could be with TWO, yes, TWO high talent tight ends....thats why im still hoping for dominique byrd in the 3rd. but for now:yahoo:

jmerog
03-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Please dont bash me for ignorance but...I know little about Walker and Burleson. Can one of you experts please provide some expert analysis?

Kaiser Toro
03-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Please dont bash me for ignorance but...I know little about Walker and Burleson. Can one of you experts please provide some expert analysis?

Both have been recently hobbled with injuries and neither has played a full season as the #1 guy. Walker's break out year was while a #2, much like Wayne, but evolved into that as the seaosn progressed. Walker will undoubtedly demand more jack. The value in my opinion is with Burleson although it would cost us a 3rd pick as well if we were to ink him.

Porky
03-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Both have been recently hobbled with injuries and neither has played a full season as the #1 guy. Walker's break out year was while a #2, much like Wayne, but evolved into that as the seaosn progressed. Walker will undoubtedly demand more jack. The value in my opinion is with Burleson although it would cost us a 3rd pick as well if we were to ink him.

Is Walker a UFA? I don't think so. Isn't he under contract to the Pack, and just doesn't want to be there? Or is he a RFA? Either way, I would say it's an extreme longshot for him to be here. Bureleon is a longshot now as well, since the Texans cancelled his visit. Something would have to change for them to get back in the mix, which is unlikely. At this point, our options for a true #2 are very thin. The draft may yield a guy who can be a #2, but rookie WR's generally don't have a major impact. Obviosely, Givens would have been ideal, but that's water under the bridge. A guy like Eric Moulds would be ideal if he is a June 1st cut, because he won't be able to demand much jack. The money will have dried up at that point. All in all, I feel that the #2 WR will be unsettled, and we won't have an ideal #2 at all this yr. It will be #2 by committee.

aj.
03-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Is Walker a UFA? I don't think so. Isn't he under contract to the Pack, and just doesn't want to be there?

Walker has one year left on his contract so it would have to be a release/waiver-FA pickup or a trade to get him. Bad attitude combined with recent knee injury are two red flags with that guy.

Porky
03-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Walker has one year left on his contract so it would have to be a release/waiver-FA pickup or a trade to get him. Bad attitude combined with recent knee injury are two red flags with that guy.

Thanks AJ I thought he was under contract. Ya, immense talent, but the things you mentioned are major red flags.

feebleminded
03-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Is Walker a UFA? I don't think so. Isn't he under contract to the Pack, and just doesn't want to be there? Or is he a RFA? Either way, I would say it's an extreme longshot for him to be here. Bureleon is a longshot now as well, since the Texans cancelled his visit. Something would have to change for them to get back in the mix, which is unlikely. At this point, our options for a true #2 are very thin. The draft may yield a guy who can be a #2, but rookie WR's generally don't have a major impact. Obviosely, Givens would have been ideal, but that's water under the bridge. A guy like Eric Moulds would be ideal if he is a June 1st cut, because he won't be able to demand much jack. The money will have dried up at that point. All in all, I feel that the #2 WR will be unsettled, and we won't have an ideal #2 at all this yr. It will be #2 by committee.

Yeah we may have another bite at the #2 apple in June. I think that we are carrying the total accelerated cap hit on Gary Walker until June. I think that we get around $4MM of 2006 cap space back in June.

jmerog
03-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the info Kaiser. It was helpful as always

jmerog
03-21-2006, 01:23 PM
At the beginning of the day i knew very little about burleson. I knew he was a decent wr and that we were interested. Life stole my research time untill today. After reading a little help from the Kaiser i became intrigued-He isn't prone to overrate a guy. Then after checking him out on the rest of the web I became downright excited. Then the news about the cancelled visit came and my cheerios were yellow again. Then the bidding war was cancelled due to other interests and obligations. Now We have a chance again! My emotions are rollercoastering today over this...especially after the thrilling news of getting putzier.

I said all that to saythis...If we get Burleson and get as good of a deal as we got on putzier...I may soil myself. At the very least laugh histerically and pee down my own leg in crazy joy and disbelief at the prospect of a winning season.

If we then get An O-Line in the draft..... I cant even say it.*sobs,laughs,shakes head

Dare i be excited?

el toro
03-21-2006, 01:34 PM
They might just get an O-line, well, a big chunk, in free agency.

Texas
03-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Im very happy we made this signing. Hopefully he will prove to be what we need in a TE. I think he will actually improve alot this year from last year even. He will be more of a threat on our offense because the broncos never had a reciever teams had to double up on but we do. He will open alot of room for us to get out to our other receivers. Now we need a #2 a OL player and we need some work on D. As for Joppuru this will be a test for him during the preseason to prove he is better then Jeb and that he can not get injured. Maybe it will give him a drive. I cant wait to see!

Vinny
03-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Since our TE play is a trainwreck this is a good signing. He shouldn't be confused with a top TE, but he is in the mold of Billy Miller and gives us a credible middle of the field pass catching threat. Hopefully Joppru can play and beat Bruenner out of his job. I won't keep my fingers crossed, but I'm pulling for him.

Coach C.
03-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Putz is the top or second TE on most FA boards. Does that mean he is awesome hell no, but he is solid. He is a vertical threat that has great hands and knows the system. He also will get open which is something we need. He will tie his man up in the running game, but he will not move him. If we get Bush though isnt that all we need, and if we dont Morency who btw would beat out Davis pretty soon would be able to handle it.

axman40
03-21-2006, 04:52 PM
A tip of my cap to the FO for this one!

:redtowel:

Buzz
03-21-2006, 09:10 PM
A guy like Eric Moulds would be ideal if he is a June 1st cut, because he won't be able to demand much jack.

It looks like Moulds is probably going to be traded (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjOpJ0DZOE1TyYuvmyUMIoZDubYF?slug=ap-bills-moulds&prov=ap&type=lgns). I doubt the Texans will try to get him, though, since he wants a lot of money and Givens didn't get the offer he was looking for when he wanted a lot.

Samer
03-21-2006, 10:37 PM
This is definatley a good signing and a hopefuly a goodsign of things to come

Malloy
03-22-2006, 07:12 AM

Damn Putz-EAR dropped the ball AGAIN!?!?!?

I hope you're wrong ;)

CodeBlue
03-22-2006, 02:11 PM
WTF? he doesnt drop balls!!! he is SOLID, i live in Idaho and HAD to watch every bronco game bc he and plummer are both from boise and they only show broncos games on national TV. so trust me this is a great signing and a great price at that too. BTW this is my first post and became a Texans fan on monday when Jeb signed, he was my fav player that i have watched play at Boise State and kinda just like following him.

The Preacher
03-22-2006, 03:15 PM
WTF? he doesnt drop balls!!! he is SOLID, i live in Idaho and HAD to watch every bronco game bc he and plummer are both from boise and they only show broncos games on national TV. so trust me this is a great signing and a great price at that too. BTW this is my first post and became a Texans fan on monday when Jeb signed, he was my fav player that i have watched play at Boise State and kinda just like following him.

Welcome aboard the thing I have noticed about Jeb is Plummer sometimes hung him out to dry and he would still hold on to it. He made jacked up once or twice and that kind of toughness sets a good standard. I just wonder why the Broncos wouldn't let him go last year and now they just didn't care. Oh well he'll bring a much needed reliable outlet other than DD. Things really seem to be shaping up.

beerlover
03-22-2006, 04:00 PM
with the Putzier signing does this mean the Texans will not draft a TE in the middle to late rds? David Thomas had an outstanding outting today at Texas Pro Day (by all reports) weighing in a healthy 250 lbs & catching everthing thrown to him with ease :)

Malloy
03-22-2006, 04:13 PM
with the Putzier signing does this mean the Texans will not draft a TE in the middle to late rds? David Thomas had an outstanding outting today at Texas Pro Day (by all reports) weighing in a healthy 250 lbs & catching everthing thrown to him with ease :)

IMO it depends on what happens to Bruener and Joppru, but I could see us drafting a future TE in this draft, but as mentioned so many times before, drafting a TE might be a luxury that we cannot afford, we simply have too many needs :)

nunusguy
03-22-2006, 06:10 PM
drafting a TE might be a luxury that we cannot afford, we simply have too many needs :)
And that's the key term - luxury because with this FA acquisition its no longer the need it was prior to picking up Jeb. And trust me, we still have plenty of real needs remaining to fill with those Draft picks.

El Amigo Invisible
03-22-2006, 07:35 PM
I read that Jeb can not block that well. I just read that he runs good routes.What do you guys think?
I think we should draft Pope if he slips to the second but hey who knows who could slip into the second.