PDA

View Full Version : Any Word on Mike Flanagan?

TexansNeedRBin05
03-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Just wondering if anyone had heard anything because we really need him. If we can fix are Oline we got a good shot at the post season. I know I have been a big anti-DD guy (and I still think he's not that good.) but we really need to fix the line so we will know forsure. Carr Johnson and Bush will be a HECK of a trio if we can get a line and I hope we sign Flanagan.

BrianC
03-18-2006, 08:36 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=19558

zeplin
03-18-2006, 10:55 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=19558
The guy wanted to know if there was any new info on the deal . The link isn't really going to help him much.:homer:

keyfro
03-18-2006, 11:37 PM
i think this will answer your question

Packers | Team still trying to re-sign Flanagan; he's not sure
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:54:41 -0800

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers remain in contact with free agent OC Mike Flanagan (Packers) and his agent, Jim Steiner, but they have not shown the urgency Flanagan would like in securing an agreement. As noted previously, Flanagan has visited with the Houston Texans, but is in a holding pattern until he receives a deal that meets his expectations.

TexanFan881
03-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Just great, we better not lose him. :brickwall
Wouldn't be suprised if we did.

YoungTexanFan
03-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Just great, we better not lose him. :brickwall
Wouldn't be suprised if we did.

Lose him?

We don't "have" him.

We may lose a bidding war, but we will not "lose" him.

keyfro
03-19-2006, 01:19 AM
you know i totally agree with that...don't understand really why rosenfels was brought in at that much money...we weren't in a bidding war for him...as far as cook is concerned...was he really that much of need when we had wells here...flanagan is a guy i think we MUST have in order to be successful at the line...we need a veteran guy playing center who is actually a center not a guard

rockabilly
03-19-2006, 02:23 AM
I think we have a fine center in Drew Hodgen. I remember some games he was in during the year, he blocked mighty well.

keyfro
03-19-2006, 11:07 AM
i'm not saying hodgdon can't be a good center i just think the experience he would get from learning from flanagan for a year or two i think would be very benificial for him

Texans Horror
03-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Hodgon only played two or three games last year before joining the injured reserves corps. I'd much rather have a veteran at center with years of NFL experience, not just games.