PDA

View Full Version : David Carr's future

DynoMoxie
03-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Just curious...what do all you football fans out there think David Carr's value is as an NFL quarterback? How many NFL teams would choose him as their starter? How many of you think he's a proven leader and an excellent decision maker? It's going to be his 5th NFL season. His best season was 2004 when his passer rating was 83.5...not bad. His other 3 seasons were in the 60's and 70's with an overall average of 73.7...not great. How many of you think that's good enough to get the Texans to the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl?

Lucky
03-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Moved to the Bullpen. Enjoy.

thunderkyss
03-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Passer rating doesn't mean anything..... Aaron Brooks averaged an 82.7 passer rating his first four years with the saints.... Only one year, did he have a rating below 80(76.4)

And he's worthless as a starting QB. so take David's one QB rating over 80 in his first four years with a grain of salt. It's a meaningless stat, when trying to determine a QBs future.

TexanSam
03-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Just curious...what do all you football fans out there think David Carr's value is as an NFL quarterback? How many NFL teams would choose him as their starter? How many of you think he's a proven leader and an excellent decision maker? It's going to be his 5th NFL season. His best season was 2004 when his passer rating was 83.5...not bad. His other 3 seasons were in the 60's and 70's with an overall average of 73.7...not great. How many of you think that's good enough to get the Texans to the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl?

I can see David Carr being like Drew Brees. How many people wanted Drew Brees after his first couple of years? Granted, Carr doesn't have much competition at the position, but with Kubiak as the HC I believe he will make tremendous strides. I think a few teams would take him over their current QB. David Carr might start over an old Brad Johnson in Minnesota. Carr is better than Boller in Baltimore, Harrington in Detroit, Warner in Arizona (IMO), and Dilfer/Frye in Cleveland. Carr has potential. He hasn't had an offensive line or many weapons to work with. I think he will lead the Texans to the playoffs and has the ability to lead them to the Super Bowl. But this is a team game. Even the greatest QB's can't win it all by themselves.

texan279
03-17-2006, 05:33 PM
The thing with Carr is, he has improved from year one until now. His completion percentage has gone up and in the last 2 seasons he has thrown more TD's than INT's even though the offensive line has gotten worse and the coaching has been horrible. I think if we put solid weapons around him he will do well.

Nighthawk
03-17-2006, 06:35 PM
I think you guys are living in a dream world. If what'isface goes to the Dolphins for a 2nd round choice, and Ramsey goes to the Jets for a 6th rounder, you can bet Carr's value is about a 4th or 5th. So you either give up and take a 4 or 5, or you hang on to him, since he's not worth anything anyway, and hope lighning strikes and he suddenly turns into something.

The last few days have really been an education about what QBs are worth in the league today. It's remarkable and a little frightening.

To the guy who compared David to Brees, pls sent some of your stash.

texan279
03-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I think you guys are living in a dream world. If what'isface goes to the Dolphins for a 2nd round choice, and Ramsey goes to the Jets for a 6th rounder, you can bet Carr's value is about a 4th or 5th. So you either give up and take a 4 or 5, or you hang on to him, since he's not worth anything anyway, and hope lighning strikes and he suddenly turns into something.

The last few days have really been an education about what QBs are worth in the league today. It's remarkable and a little frightening.

How are we living in a dream world? Did we say anything about what Carr would be worth in a trade or what we thought he was worth? We just expressed in our opinion how we thought he would be in the future...

TexanSam
03-17-2006, 06:58 PM

I said Carr could turn out like Brees, not that he's as good a QB as Brees. That is obvious, but I think Carr can and will be as good or better than Brees in the next 2 years.

tsip
03-17-2006, 07:03 PM
I can see David Carr being like Drew Brees. How many people wanted Drew Brees after his first couple of years? Granted, Carr doesn't have much competition at the position, but with Kubiak as the HC I believe he will make tremendous strides. I think a few teams would take him over their current QB. David Carr might start over an old Brad Johnson in Minnesota. Carr is better than Boller in Baltimore, Harrington in Detroit, Warner in Arizona (IMO), and Dilfer/Frye in Cleveland. Carr has potential. He hasn't had an offensive line or many weapons to work with. I think he will lead the Texans to the playoffs and has the ability to lead them to the Super Bowl. But this is a team game. Even the greatest QB's can't win it all by themselves.

Yes, you are correct--those are the QB's to compare Carr with eventhough some did not get near as much playing time as David because of not starting or injuries...some company, huh?:yahoo:

Koolbrz
03-17-2006, 07:16 PM

Carr will be fine. I do feel that he can get the Texans to the playoffs and possibly even to a SB. He will finely get the coaching that is needed to be successful in this league and with the right personnel he could be pretty awesome---IMO. Great QB's can't get to a SB sometimes. Look at P. Manning. Could possibly be the greatest to ever play and he has not been able to get to the Big Show. Marino went what One time and lost. It's a team effort and if the team as a whole does not perform you can forget about ever getting there.