PDA

View Full Version : Free agent O-linemen?

TexanSam
03-17-2006, 01:33 PM
It's nice and good to hear about wide recievers, tight ends, etc.. who might sign with the Texans, but I haven't heard anything about a potential offensive lineman who will help us. It's our most important need, and although it's still early in free agency, I hope we sign at least one quality lineman before it dries up. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Apparently, I missed the piece about Flanagan.

TD143
03-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Well the reason you don't see anything concrete is look who our GM is... :stirpot:

Newflash Casserly..how about looking at Orlando Brown who the Ravens needed to cost-cut. Give him some $$$ for a couple of year deal and FINALLY protect the QB you are forcing us to accept. :brickwall

el toro
03-17-2006, 03:32 PM
I've seen a number of O-line names linked to the Texans and posted about in this forum. Patience.

Texas_Thrill
03-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Any reason we iddn't even make an offer to Hutch?

BrianC
03-17-2006, 03:37 PM
did u see the contract the Vikings gave him? he was obviously out of our price range

Dunta_23
03-17-2006, 03:37 PM

about 50 million reasons

dtran04
03-17-2006, 03:43 PM
The highest lineman salary in the history of the NFL is a good reason. On another note, how in the world is Archuleta the highest paid safety? I wonder what decent safeties will actually get.

JAXwithanX
03-17-2006, 04:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2371250

Orlando Brown...the guy who got hit with the ref's flag....has been released....may be worth looking at. He used to be a beast.

keyfro
03-17-2006, 04:12 PM
i'm hoping for flanagan to sign here pretty soon...maybe over the weekend...as far as i'm concerned i think with flanagan we have our starting line-up set...isn't the lack of depth we have that concerns me...for some reason the homepage still has gerrick jones on our roster even though he is a atlanta falcon...that means...if we re-sign wand we have exactly 3 tackles...3 guards and 4 centers with flanagan...that's not a lot...we need some veteran guys to be signed so if weigert were to go down again or wade we're not stuck with rookie lineman who were probably drafted on the second day

Texans34Life
03-17-2006, 04:16 PM
We're getting D'Brickshaw. Cass, make it happen. :stirpot:

F-minus67
03-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Orlando Brown is big, slow and old. Not a good fit in a zone scheme.

zeplin
03-17-2006, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=TexanSam]It's nice and good to hear about wide recievers, tight ends, etc.. who might sign with the Texans, but I haven't heard anything about a potential offensive lineman who will help us. It's our most important need, and although it's still early in free agency, I hope we sign at least one quality lineman before it dries up. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Apparently, I missed the piece about

Flanagan.[/QUOTE

I was just about to start a thread similiarto this one..
I think it would have started." We are looking but when do will we sign a OL."
I think the next few days will tell the tale.
If we do not sign one in FA I think we missed our opportunity. The draft is looking interesting. Maybe D'brick isn't so far away after all:homer: .

JAXwithanX
03-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Orlando Brown is big, slow and old. Not a good fit in a zone scheme.

Well did you want him to be small and fast?....he is a OT. Although yes he is old. But I'm sorry I think you could make an argument that he would upgrade our line as of right now.

JAXwithanX
03-17-2006, 04:39 PM
BTW I think if we end up signing Putzier and Burleson....all of your D-Brick fans can get a lot more hopeful and excited about the chance of us moving down and signing him.

keyfro
03-17-2006, 05:50 PM
no exactly with the saints getting brees any chance of us trading down is slim to none with none being about 75%

JAXwithanX
03-17-2006, 05:57 PM
no exactly with the saints getting brees any chance of us trading down is slim to none with none being about 75%

Yeah i was just trying to throw something out there for the 'Pro-Bowl LT or your a crap team' group. Although my god we do need something there.

GoBlue
03-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Is Jeff Mitchell, Center from the Panthers, still avail? He is rated just higher than Flanagan by scouts.com and is one year younger. Seems like a good option to bring some experience *including a superbowl ring* to the offensive line if Flanagan doesn't work out.

TexanFan881
03-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Is Jeff Mitchell, Center from the Panthers, still avail? He is rated just higher than Flanagan by scouts.com and is one year younger. Seems like a good option to bring some experience *including a superbowl ring* to the offensive line if Flanagan doesn't work out.

I think he is I know he was released but I haven't heard anything on him. He probably wants more money than Flanagan though.

TexanFan881
03-18-2006, 01:04 AM
KFFL says we're going to meet with Tom Ashworth :)