PDA

View Full Version : What's new...

The Dude Abides
03-17-2006, 12:46 AM
I've been gone a week in Florida and have missed all the updates past Friday. You may call me lazy for not reading all the new posts, but it gets rather motonous with people just arguing with each other. So if someone could sum up free agency, who we are after, and anything else of Texan personnel importance, I'd appreciate it.

Carr Bombed
03-17-2006, 12:49 AM
apparently the Texans are doomed and cancellation of the 2006 season is pending, other than that everything is :ok:

outofhnd
03-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Putzier is visiting sunday,

Not sure if we are still considering C Mike Flanagan.

Drew Brees has hosed us out of having more trade leverage because now the saints dont need leinhart nad have put #2 for sale basically handcuffing us.

I think that is about all

texman8
03-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Dude,

We've signed Weaver,RDE (Ravens),Rosenfels,backup QB (Fins), and Cook, FB (Bucs). Offer contract to Troy Walters ,WR (Bengals)....they have till Sunday to match. Talking to Flanagan, C (Packers)....Waiting on Putzier, TE to visit this weekend.

Waived Gary Walker....Lost Milford Brown,(Cards), Gaffney,(Eagles), Bradford,(Lions)....McKinney,contract restructured.

If you believe some posts, we have a chance to pick up Denver's two firsts and Indy's first (for DD).

outofhnd
03-17-2006, 01:06 AM
oh wow I totally forgot today was thursday, and that we signed FA almost a week ago

The Dude Abides
03-17-2006, 01:19 AM
Dude,

We've signed Weaver,RDE (Ravens),Rosenfels,backup QB (Fins), and Cook, FB (Bucs). Offer contract to Troy Walters ,WR (Bengals)....they have till Sunday to match. Talking to Flanagan, C (Packers)....Waiting on Putzier, TE to visit this weekend.

Waived Gary Walker....Lost Milford Brown,(Cards), Gaffney,(Eagles), Bradford,(Lions)....McKinney,contract restructured.

If you believe some posts, we have a chance to pick up Denver's two firsts and Indy's first (for DD).

If Walters is restricted, what round of a draft pick would we lose?

outofhnd
03-17-2006, 01:21 AM
I think 7th but is that still given up if the bengals do not match the offer?

texman8
03-17-2006, 02:06 AM
Yes,we lose 7th if Bengals don't match.

LORK 88
03-17-2006, 02:51 AM
ADDITIONS
Anthony Weaver, DE, Baltimore
Jameel Cook, FB, Tampa Bay
Sage Rosenfels, QB, Miami
Steve McKinney, OG, Houston (re-signed)
Fred Weary, OG, Houston (re-signed)
Kevin Walter, WR, Cincy (waiting to see if Cincy matches offer)

LOSSES
Corey Bradford, WR, Detroit
Jason Bell, CB, New York Giants
Jabar Gaffney, WR, Philly
Milford Brown, OG, Arizona
Gary Walker, DE (released)
Tony Banks, QB (released)
Tony Hollings, RB (released)
Marcus Coleman, FS (released)

VISITING
Jeb Putzier, TE, Denver (Sunday, March 19)

INTERESTED
Aaron Shea, TE, Cleveland
Mike Flanagan, C, Green Bay

Runner
03-17-2006, 09:33 AM
John McClain set 60% of our starting offensive line. That was a pretty important development. :)