PDA

View Full Version : TO to Sign With Cowboys

TEXANS84
03-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys
( Air Date: 3/16/2006 )
Sources within the Dallas Cowboys have told the KLBK-13 Sports Department that the Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.

http://www.klbk.com/

YodAa
03-16-2006, 11:10 PM
and so the TO time bomb 3 count down begins

mexican_texan
03-16-2006, 11:12 PM
REPORT OF T.O. SIGNING IS "BOGUS"

Reports originating from a Lubbock, Texas television station that receiver Terrell Owens has signed with the Cowboys are "bogus," a league source with knowledge of the situation tells us.

KLBK 13 says that sources with the Cowboys have told the station that Owens already has been signed, and that the move will be announced on Monday.

On one hand, we could envision the Cowboys intentionally leaking misinformation in order to scare off other potential suitors while owner Jerry Jones wraps up a vacation. On the other hand, why in the hell would the leak be made to a television station in Lubbock?

Bottom line -- there's no deal, and the reports are erroneous.
Profootballtalk.com

TEXANS84
03-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Lets hope its not true. I for one am on the TO bandwagon for him to come here. But likely to believe a news station than pft anyday.

I'm going to change this thread to "rumored signing" until we have a complete confirmation.

mexican_texan
03-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Lets hope its not true. I for one am on the TO bandwagon for him to come here. But likely to believe a news station than pft anyday.

I'm going to change this thread to "rumored signing" until we have a complete confirmation.
We can't have two #1 recievers. AJ or TO will get pissed at one time or another. If TO didn't like Garcia or McNabb, I'm not so sure he'll love David Carr.

So, what's your over/under on when TO will be suspended? Mine is +/-8

YodAa
03-16-2006, 11:20 PM
TO isnt coming here no matter what.

Carr Bombed
03-16-2006, 11:24 PM
TO would never come here, whens the last time a 2-14 team landed a FA like that regardless of attitude issues, especially when he has teams like Dallas and Denver out for him. TO to the Texans aint happening. People say TO is all about the money, but I believe he is also all about the HEADLINES. TO playing in Dallas would give him all the Headlines and all the attention he needs to feed his ego

texan279
03-16-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm not sure if I'd want TO here if he played for league minimum. AJ is our #1 guy, TO will go to a team who needs a #1 WR.

TEXANS84
03-17-2006, 01:06 AM
Cowboys | Report - Owens agrees to three-year deal with Dallas
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:55:47 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, free agent WR Terrell Owens' (Eagles) agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has denied a report from KLBK-13 CBS TV in Lubbock, Texas, that Owens has agreed to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys. While Rosenhaus is denying the report, a source close to Owens has confirmed to FOXSports.com that Owens has agreed to a three-year deal and it will not be announced until the coming days.

Section 620
03-17-2006, 01:14 AM
Cowboys | Report - Owens agrees to three-year deal with Dallas
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:55:47 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, free agent WR Terrell Owens' (Eagles) agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has denied a report from KLBK-13 CBS TV in Lubbock, Texas, that Owens has agreed to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys. While Rosenhaus is denying the report, a source close to Owens has confirmed to FOXSports.com that Owens has agreed to a three-year deal and it will not be announced until the coming days.

Cue tick..tock cue off the show "24" as it will only be a short time until the cowboys clubhouse goes BOOM! :yahoo:

Napa Auto Parts
03-17-2006, 01:53 AM
who would of known TO a cowboy i still remember his infamous touchdown celebrations. againts dallas:stirpot:

thunderkyss
03-17-2006, 02:01 AM
I catch alot of slack for telling the Cowboys that it was their own fault..... That team never should have been that bad........

Rosenhaus needs to deny, and they need to hold off on the announcement as long as possible. They really should have had T.O. visit other teams, like Carolina, or Tennesseee........

It looks pretty Bad, with the drama from earlier in the season, then bam, cut key, bam, sign T.O. ........ a lot of coincedences(sp) took place to make that happen.

nunusguy
03-17-2006, 08:16 AM
I'd be amazed if the Arlinton Cowboys signed TO, because isn't he the guy who trashed the team logo in Texas stadium awhile back when still with the
49ers ?

Kaiser Toro
03-17-2006, 08:45 AM
I am so thankful that I am no longer a Cowboys fan. Does Jones have any sense of respect for the history of that franchise? Bringing Tuna and now TO to Dallas is ludicrous. That team deserves all they get from bad karma.

thunderkyss
03-17-2006, 08:49 AM
We can't have two #1 recievers. AJ or TO will get pissed at one time or another. If TO didn't like Garcia or McNabb, I'm not so sure he'll love David Carr.

So, what's your over/under on when TO will be suspended? Mine is +/-8

As long as Kubiak treats David Carr like every other player. Get's on him when he screws up, pat him on the back when he does well, I don't think Terrell will have a problem with David. Especially if Terrell says, " When you see him on me, I'm open, throw it up, I'll get it" If David trusts him, and does that......... T.O. won't have a problem.

I think that will be the problem with Drew Bledsoe...... I haven't seen Bledsoe trust anyone that much........ not even Terry Glen, who he's worked with for a long time now. Most DBs will get turned around by Glenn, and Drew needs to throw the ball earlier than when he does. Instead, he waits untill Glen has seperation...... usually resulting in a sack, or a poorly thrown ball, caused by a shrinking pocket.

I've seen Keyshawn in Bledsoe's ear......... telling him to throw him the ball, when he's man to man with a 5'9" corner on the outside...... even if it looks like he's covered........ but Drew wouldn't do it.

WWJD
03-17-2006, 08:57 AM
I am so thankful that I am no longer a Cowboys fan. Does Jones have any sense of respect for the history of that franchise? Bringing Tuna and now TO to Dallas is ludicrous. That team deserves all they get from bad karma.

Jerry is all about selling tickets. Terrell sells tickets. End of story.

thunderkyss
03-17-2006, 09:16 AM

You're also going to see a lot of that Dallas Star on T.V. when Terrell does something...... dance with the cheerleaders, pose in the star, says something ****-phobic about his QB.

no such thing as bad publicity.

WWJD
03-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Yep. Terrell is a ratings magnet.

Proof positive is all the publicity that has been generated just speculating on where he will go.

Jerry eats that stuff up. That's his living. He's hearing the cha-ching as I'm typing this probably.

Kaiser Toro
03-17-2006, 10:05 AM

I would have answered that in middle school with a, no duh. Of course that is what he is about, but that does not make it right or palatable for the fan.

WWJD
03-17-2006, 10:20 AM
I would have answered that in middle school with a, no duh. Of course that is what he is about, but that does not make it right or palatable for the fan.

Really? And you think Jerry cares about the fans and what's right for the fans?

What's right for the fans is winning. Putting a winning team on the field. Making the ticket worth the price you pay for it.

Jerry said...oh on the second day he owned the team I think...that he was the one making the decisions around there now and nothing's changed in all these years.

If they worked out a deal nothing I can do about it. If they don't same thing.

I don't go to the games. If I did and I didn't like this I guess I could not go if it bothered me that much. I don't, it doesn't and it's just something to comment on on message boards.

Kaiser Toro
03-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Really? And you think Jerry cares about the fans and what's right for the fans?

What's right for the fans is winning. Putting a winning team on the field. Making the ticket worth the price you pay for it.

Jerry said...oh on the second day he owned the team I think...that he was the one making the decisions around there now and nothing's changed in all these years.

If they worked out a deal nothing I can do about it. If they don't same thing.

I don't go to the games. If I did and I didn't like this I guess I could not go if it bothered me that much. I don't, it doesn't and it's just something to comment on on message boards.

Everything you have said is not argueable. All I am saying is that if I were a fan of the Cowboys, as I once was, I would not want to bring two of the most villainous people into the organization such as the Tuna and TO. I am not debating that they are not good additions to any team I am purely talking in a historical context.

WWJD
03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Bill, I thought, at the time was a great hire. I've tempered my opinion somewhat because some things he has done I don't care for but overall he's been fine. And he and Jerry seem to get along which kinds of spits in the face of all those that said they wouldn't. Strange world we live in.

Terrell, IF he is going to be a Cowboy, I have mixed feelings about. He's a great player and in interviews seems to be a bright guy.

Bottom lined I know Jerry will do what is best for his bank account and that's just the way he is and he's not changing.

No doubt though the guy is a playmaker.

I didn't like Deion either and became a huge fan after he signed with the Cowboys. He was a great addition. I'm guessing Jerry is hoping for the same IF Terrell gets there.

Seems to me it's all rumor right now anyway. A bunch of denials and a bunch of "behind the scenes" rumors. We'll see.

ESPN should be real busy these next few days. March madness indeed.

FILO_girl
03-17-2006, 11:48 AM
TO in Dallas, huh. Whelp, that would tell me that they are going to have an even bigger fanbase and media circus. Just what brings in the cash that Jerry wants. How ironic if he indeed goes there after the "star incident'. It tells me that the star is not as sacred as they play it to be.

I do foresee if he does go to the blue and silver, that there will be MANY Texans fans whom make the trek up I45 just to see him in person, kinda like viewing him as a circus freak. Get your tickets to the Texans/Cowgirls game as soon as they come available! :)

TheChad
03-17-2006, 11:49 AM
I don't know... just can't see Bill pass up an opportunity like this just because of what Terrell did to the Eagles. And if he could manage him while Philadelphia could not... that'd be another victory.

Then there are the sales.

WWJD
03-17-2006, 11:54 AM
I don't know... just can't see Bill pass up an opportunity like this just because of what Terrell did to the Eagles. And if he could manage him while Philadelphia could not... that'd be another victory.

Then there are the sales.

I really truly think IF Terrell becomes a Cowboy it will almost certainly be because of Jerry. I dunno...he may give Bill a courtesy call but only to tell him what's he done. I think Bill is out of this loop.

This just has Jerry's fingerprints all over it if it happens. And it's all just rumor still. Strong rumor yea but just rumor. Although alot of sports websites are talking about it like it's a done deal.

Double Barrel
03-17-2006, 12:15 PM
How ironic if he indeed goes there after the "star incident'. It tells me that the star is not as sacred as they play it to be.

Bingo! I've got a few diehard Cowboys fans in my friends and family circle, and they are going to be tied up in knots over this decision to sign TO. He was the anti-Christ, the second coming of Hitler, the heir of Ghingis Khan, the wicked witch of the west, etc., to Cowboys fans up until...well, last season!

Can't wait to pull some chains if/when this story comes true. :heh:

And I really can't wait for the inevitable implosion up north!

thunderkyss
03-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Bingo! I've got a few diehard Cowboys fans in my friends and family circle, and they are going to be tied up in knots over this decision to sign TO. He was the anti-Christ, the second coming of Hitler, the heir of Ghingis Khan, the wicked witch of the west, etc., to Cowboys fans up until...well, last season!

Personally, I think what he did to the Iggles(bottom of the Division baby) makes up for the Star thing..... heck, he was the Cowboys best player last year, and didn't even suit up.

WWJD
03-17-2006, 12:24 PM
You're killing me DB!

I can only speak for myself but that implosion will be an explosion when Terrell starts catching a few TD's a game!

Remember we had Michael for years and he was the same type personality only not as out there as Terrell is....and I can speak from seeing it with my own eyes Michael was very popular with the fans.

Really NFL fans are the most forgiving in all of sports as long as you do 2 things.

1) Play for the team I like.

2) Score for the team I like.

I sat thru several games in Texas Stadium when Deion was a Falcon and then Niner. I remember him hotdogging in both. I couldn't stand him.

Guess what? When he became a Cowboy and hotdogged for me I loved him.

Go figure!

Hope you're well!

powerfuldragon
03-17-2006, 12:39 PM
One of two things will happen here:
a) T.O. will mess up the Cowboys like he did the eagles.
b) Parcells will whip him up into shape, but he won't be as good a reciever as he once was.

WWJD
03-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Personally, I think what he did to the Iggles(bottom of the Division baby) makes up for the Star thing..... heck, he was the Cowboys best player last year, and didn't even suit up.

Bingo! You nailed it Thunder.

thunderkyss
03-17-2006, 12:43 PM
You're killing me DB!

I can only speak for myself but that implosion will be an explosion when Terrell starts catching a few TD's a game!

Remember we had Michael for years and he was the same type personality only not as out there as Terrell is....and I can speak from seeing it with my own eyes Michael was very popular with the fans.

My memory sucks............ or it might be my ernge glasses.

But did michael ever make a big stink about money?? I think that's the most unforgivable thing about T.O. he's already making more money than I ever will, but he cries about it all the time.

My memory has me remembering the Cowboys "taking Care of" Michael, Emitt, and Irvin....... well, until it was time they felt they needed to go. there wasn't much ado about contracts and the like.

WWJD
03-17-2006, 12:47 PM
I think that was one little minor upset between Michael and management over a contract one year but Jerry was a Michael guy and took care of him.

One thing about Michael and I watched him up close for years...he was an intense player and gave it 100% all the time. You'd see him over on the bench firing up guys. He's competitive with a capital C. You may not have liked his on the field stuff with the first down gestures and all but the guy brought his A game every time he was playing.

And he was nice to the fans to boot. Emmitt not so much.

4th&inches
03-17-2006, 12:52 PM
If you go to the Cowboys home page there is a section on the front page where you can vote. These where the results after I voted which proves more Cowboy fans want TO than not.

1) Re-sign Keyshawn: 17%
2) Sign T.O. : 64%
3) Draft or sign another player: 13%
4) Promote Patrick Crayton: 6%

So it looks like Cowboys fans are ready for TO!!:yahoo:

thunderkyss
03-17-2006, 01:12 PM
I think that was one little minor upset between Michael and management over a contract one year but Jerry was a Michael guy and took care of him.

One thing about Michael and I watched him up close for years...he was an intense player and gave it 100% all the time. You'd see him over on the bench firing up guys. He's competitive with a capital C. You may not have liked his on the field stuff with the first down gestures and all but the guy brought his A game every time he was playing.

And he was nice to the fans to boot. Emmitt not so much.

I didn't mind the onfield stuff, it fired me up..... I didn't like his off the filed stuff..... the ladies, the drugs.... slitting his teammates throat....

WWJD
03-17-2006, 01:21 PM
I didn't mind the onfield stuff, it fired me up..... I didn't like his off the filed stuff..... the ladies, the drugs.... slitting his teammates throat....

Yea I agree. He was nuts off the field for a long time.

edo783
03-17-2006, 04:44 PM
This is going to be like a train wreck. You know you shouldn't look, but can't help yourself. If it were a just one year deal, he might behave and probably will for the 1st, but look out after that.

Hervoyel
03-17-2006, 05:52 PM

A Texans TO signing would literally give me reason to pass on Texans football until he's gone and leave me with the impression that this team is run by complete *****'s (the "i" word). It would mean that they can't watch the man implode two different teams and learn from what they've seen.

He's a great receiver but far more of a liability than he is an asset. We forget that at our own risk.

JAXwithanX
03-18-2006, 12:53 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2373488

Hookem Horns
03-18-2006, 01:13 AM
All I am saying is that if I were a fan of the Cowboys, as I once was, I would not want to bring two of the most villainous people into the organization such as the Tuna and TO.

If you are hating on Parcells because he was the coach of those great Giants teams, then I understand you point. However, Parcells is the greatest coach in NFL history IMO, so it's hard to knock Jerry for bringing him in.

My only knock on the Tuna today is you never know when he is going to walk away.

Staying on topic though, I would love to see the Cowboys sign TO. It's where he belongs. It will only allow me to hate the Cowboys more and enjoy watching them implode like ever other team TO has played for.

texasguy346
03-18-2006, 08:52 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with something Skip Bayless has said. Make a note of this because it won't likely happen again for a very long time. He wrote an interesting piece about TO signing with Dallas, and it's worth a read.

...Of course, signing Owens ultimately would be a great mistake. This deeply flawed team wrecker would take great pride in proving that the great Bill Parcells wouldn't be able to crack the whip on him any more than tough guy Andy Reid could in Philadelphia. And if you think Owens caused trouble for quarterbacks Jeff Garcia in San Francisco and Donovan McNabb in Philly, wait till he gets through with whiny, thin-skinned Drew Bledsoe.

It wouldn't be long before Owens wondered out loud why his rag-armed, no-backbone quarterback couldn't get him the ball. For Owens, it's always the quarterback's or the coach's fault, in no particular order. Never, ever his.

He's T.O., as in Team Obliterator.

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060317)

Tale Gator
03-18-2006, 12:27 PM
This is a great move for the Cowboys, they now have the best receiver in the game and a coach that can control his goofball attitude.

bigTEXan8
03-18-2006, 12:39 PM
This is a great move for the Cowboys, they now have the best receiver in the game and a coach that can control his goofball attitude.

Don't doubt the attitude that is TO. He'll end up wearing down Parcells, either that or Parcells will body slam him. I wouldn't put it past him.

samomin
03-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Now we will get to watch Owens every week. It will make for an enjoyable afternoon for us without NFL Network.

TexanFan881
03-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Cowboys | Team holding press conference today
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 12:14:01 -0800

The Dallas Cowboys have called a press conference for 2:30 p.m. CT Saturday, March 18, at the club's Valley Ranch training complex.

Wonder what it's for. :sarcasm:

Shaunny66
03-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Who in the hell would want T.O?.....oh wait.....Dallas:brickwall

StarStruck
03-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Who in the hell would want T.O?.....oh wait.....Dallas:brickwall

Sounds like TO could use someone who believes that he will be good for the team as a player and a teammate. I believe that TO will be a good fit, things will work out good, and I personally welcome him to the team.:twocents:

Jerry said "it's not about buying bonds for an old maid's portfolio.":yahoo:

jgl35
03-18-2006, 04:35 PM
If Owens goes to Dallas, Dallas at Philly is going to be a very interesting game. Have to get some body armor if I go.

TexanFan881
03-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Good for the Cowboys, they've got two good WR's starting for them now.

Buffi2
03-18-2006, 07:42 PM
It is official! From Fox Sports....

The reviled receiver joined the Cowboys on Saturday, signing a three-year, $25 million contract to play for Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells in what promises to be an interesting combination of strong personalities. The deal includes a $5 million signing bonus, with salaries of $5 million this year, $8 million in 2007 and $7 million in 2008.

"I'm a star among stars now," a smiling Owens said.

Right!

Mightymike
03-18-2006, 07:47 PM

The reviled receiver joined the Cowboys on Saturday, signing a three-year, $25 million contract to play for Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells in what promises to be an interesting combination of strong personalities. The deal includes a $5 million signing bonus, with salaries of $5 million this year, $8 million in 2007 and $7 million in 2008.

Right!

are there any clauses to keep him in line

TexanFan881
03-18-2006, 07:54 PM

There should be

Buffi2
03-18-2006, 07:55 PM

Well, you have TO's word - does that count? From the same article....

Owens referred to his past problems as "life-learning experiences."

"I'm going to put those things behind me," Owens said. "They can only make a man stronger, wiser. For me, that's what it's done. I'll be a better teammate, a better person, a better man in life. I'm looking forward to this opportunity. I couldn't be more excited to be here."

Following up a question to Jones about Owens' past, the receiver interjected: "Jerry, I know what's expected of me. I won't let you down."

But, they also said,Jones didn't immediately reveal any contract details, but it was likely to include behavior-related provisions.
I just bet it does!

Here is the link for the whole thing.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5424172?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

TexansNeedRBin05
03-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Cowboys may win the superbowl now! :confused:

MorKnolle
03-18-2006, 08:09 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=0AA99FCF-E052-0B98-C9620525F11B9854

3 years, $25 million. I'm surprised he got that much, bravo Drew Rosenhaus on that one.

Huge
03-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Bittersweet

I didn't care too much that we won Super Bowl XXX with Deion Sanders. 'Course, we had just won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls. Eventually I got over it but enjoyed watching him leave town. I'm not sure how long it'll take to get over this one (longer than after his first TD...much longer).

Maybe I'll settle into denial for the next 3 years. Pretend it's somebody else running onto the field.

But seriously, how do y'all like your chances when you come to Dallas this year?

Wolf
03-18-2006, 09:25 PM
interesting.. they go from Keyshawn "just give me the da** ball" to T.O. and with KJ ,when he was there, I don't recall hearing anything bad in the media...As far as T.O. well keep him interested (give him the ball) and just win... that should keep him quiet.

oh and I imagine the networks are lining up a primetime slot for Cowboys-Eagles in philly..

thunderkyss
03-18-2006, 09:31 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=0AA99FCF-E052-0B98-C9620525F11B9854

3 years, $25 million. I'm surprised he got that much, bravo Drew Rosenhaus on that one.

He gets a $5mil sal base this year. $5mil base next year. and a $4mil base next year.

he gets a $5mil bonus this year. $3mil bonus next year. $3mil bonus the next year.

But his cost to the cap, is $6.6mil. So next year he should count $8.2mil, then in 2008, he'll count as $10million........ is that right?? Or do they not count the Roster bonuses towards the cap??

Wolf
03-18-2006, 09:53 PM
But seriously, how do y'all like your chances when you come to Dallas this year?

I like the Cowboys unless they are playing the Texans, then the Cowboys take the back seat.

funny thing is we have more talent on paper now than in 2002, (and the cowboys too) yet, I will be rooting for a win, but I think the holes on the defensive side of the ball will be our downfall. and that the Cowboys won't forget the last time we met (not trying to toot the horn on the win we did in 2002 ,for that was a long time ago) and I would assume if any players want bragging rights against in-state rivals (that goes for rockets-spurs mavs and ranger-astro games too)

I think the cowboys will win this one eventhough I will be screaming for the texans and mainly because the holes on defense we have.

Buzz
03-18-2006, 09:53 PM
I think we won't hear much from him for most of the season, just because he wants to look good. When Bledsoe starts whining though, will we see the same sort of b-s they had between T.O. and McNabb in Philly?

Texan Asylum
03-18-2006, 10:27 PM
He'll keep his mouth shut. His wallet will speak louder than his ego.

Hookem Horns
03-18-2006, 10:39 PM

Right now I don't like the Texans chances against anyone this year. Of course that could change during the preseason depending on how the team starts to shake out.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
03-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Freakin' sweet..

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/3378/owenscowboys9bx.jpg

-The best modern day WR is now a Cowboy.

-Teams will double cover T.O, helping free up Terry Glenn in the deep game and help out rising star Patrick Crayton.

-Does nothing but good things to Julius Jones.

-He knows this is his last chance. He won't ruin the opportunity.

-Parcells will put him in place like he did to Keyshawn.

Welcome to Dallas Terrell. I got the popcorn poppin'! Now lets win us some Super Bowls!

Hookem Horns
03-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Freakin' sweet..

-Teams will double cover T.O, helping free up Terry Glenn in the deep game and help out rising star Patrick Crayton.

Welcome to Dallas Terrell. I got the popcorn poppin'! Now lets win us some Super Bowls!

That is AWESOME! It's great having such a disruptive, self centered cancer on the Cowboys. Go Giants!

HoustonFrog
03-19-2006, 10:48 AM
The funny part about this is the Cowboys had quietly had a really good offseason. If you take talent alone they have signed some guys that would have been great here. I grew up a Cowboy fan starting in the 70s and still am one but have been here 12 years and root for the Texans too. So far they have.

Akin Ayodele, LB Jacksonville Unrestricted 5 years
Jason Fabini, OT N.Y. Jets Other* 3 years
Andre Gurode, OL Dallas Other* 1 year
Ryan Hannam, TE Seattle Unrestricted 4 years
Kyle Kosier, OL Detroit Unrestricted 5 years
Terrell Owens, WR Philadelphia Other* 3 years

Gurode was a resign but adding Fabini and then Akin, whom I thought was one of the top young LBs, along with Witherspoon is pretty nice.

BigWig
03-19-2006, 11:46 AM
"Too bad so sad "as my daughter always says.
He stepped on the sacred star and you guys welcome him.
Typical Cowgirls fan talking out of both sides of their face!
Good luck y'all , hope the Tuna can control the cancer!

DFAN
03-19-2006, 12:38 PM

There are quite a few Cowboy fans against this.

I'm all for it. He's at very worst the 2nd best WR in the NFL. Is he an *****? Of course. But when he is on the field there is no dought what he brings to the team.

As far as the star stepping. Some Cowboy fans act like he took a leak on it or took a dump on it. Cowboy fans love Teague for defending the star. If he would had defended TO that day he wouldnt had to defend the star.

Trap_Star
03-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Freakin' sweet..

Randy Moss might have something to say about that..:challenge

TexanFan881
03-19-2006, 02:24 PM
I think T.O. will help this team a lot. Maybe he will finally wake up after he's on his third team over the last several yeras.

DFAN
03-19-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm sure you meant doubt.:)

I guess when I went to hit the b button I accidently hit the g and h button.

Yeah thats it. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
03-19-2006, 03:23 PM

At least our team knows how to actually sign free agents..

It's been 11 years since their last Super Bowl win. The great folks of Dallas are used to a winning tradition, Mr. Jones has rolled up his sleeves and is ready to bring us to the promise land.

The last few years of dissapointment are behind us, it's time to look forward with an open mind and arms wide open for anyone. It's go time in Big D.

Marcus
03-19-2006, 03:24 PM
The Ranch (Quote:In 75 words or less, tell me why you either do or don't want T.O. playing for America's Team. Please included your first name, last name initial and where you are posting from.)

I think the typical Cowboy fan will look at it this way.

In 75 words or less, tell me why you either do or don't want T.O. playing for America's Team. Please included your first name, last name initial and where you are posting from.

I guess now starts the campaign to restore T/O's "credibility? No 25 words from me but I'll call you on this BS. I want him here for TDs. Nothing more. Nothing less. If he get's his leg broken by an Eagles safety?

So what.
Now, for the rest of us, (or me, I should say) we're just rooting for that Eagles safety.

Napa Auto Parts
03-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Say what you say about T.O when on the field T.O is in the Top 1 Of WR's he can strech the field take a it up the middle he can do everything except throw a pass like randle el. the cowboys are on their way to the playoffs thats how much impact T.O will have for them and i hate the cowboys i cant believe i just said that Playoffs:stirpot:

4th&inches
03-19-2006, 06:04 PM
You can say what you want to say about TO but the only thing that remains the same is that TO is one of the top WRs. The cowboys have had a great off season so far and with TO now on the team they are the best in the division. He will help the passing game in more ways than one and he will help the running game. The only question is when/if he will blow up at anyone.

StarStruck
03-19-2006, 07:12 PM

Thank goodness that cancer can go into remission, and I hope this is the situation.

If the "star" incident was an isolated one, then perhaps I could choose to be offended. However, before the personnel problems, TO was always coming up with some type of antic, e.g., the pom poms, the autographs with the Sharpie afer the TD, and yes, since my seats are usually in the end-zone, TO took his star dance from the center field to the end-zone star. I enjoyed the interview with him and Keyshawn on TBDSSP a few years back. The guy is controversial, but I have to give him props too when he's straight up funny.

Can't say I'm what is referred to as typical since I never had the hate relationship with TO. Living in the house with a die-hard 49er fan, I've had a lot of exposure to the ever clever TO.

The Mighty Texan
03-19-2006, 07:28 PM
God is punishing Dallas for that!!

Fires, floods, rains, storms, tornadoes... Jerry you screwed up!! Thats what you get when you make a deal with the devil!!!!

Talent I see no talent... I see a giant crybaby....a misery for the Cowboys!! Damn Jerry, you should retire and get a hobbie cause you suck at football!!!

The Mighty Texan!!

Huge
03-19-2006, 07:30 PM
There's no doubt Owens is a cancer. But when you strip that away, there's a really talented player left.

Apparently the Texans are void of such cancers but still managed to finish with the worst record in the NFL.

How'd that happen?

The Mighty Texan
03-19-2006, 07:35 PM
That "Star" thing with TO...well, thats just bad... no respect from me!! He will always suck major ***** in my book. The only time I thought he was funny was when he took out the Sharpie and signed a football and handed it to a kid... no, wait it was't kid it was given to Drew Rosenbutthouse... never mind I thought it was cool till I realized it went to his agent?? Not Cool?? What a crock of a player!!

Do you remember who knocked his block off at the Star?

The Might Texan

The Mighty Texan
03-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Well, we have problems but not so bad as to call in the devil... TO has some talent but he no superstar... he has a character flaw his mouth and his attitude! Respect can't be bought.. he has no respect!! He will wind up crying because he will never be in the Hall of Fame...

Just remember one thing about cancer it can come back and it will kill you!!

This TO cancer doesn't get fixed by saying I'm going to be a better person and teammate... He is a scam...

You tell them I'm coming and Hells coming with me...

Jerry is Stupid and the Cowboys are gonna SUCK!! TO and all...

Storms a coming

The Mighty Texan

HowBoutThemCowboys!
03-19-2006, 07:45 PM
At least the Texans signed Walter.......

I heard he was pretty good..

The Mighty Texan
03-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks for watching my back BlueTexan!!! The cowgirls are doomed! this Dude must be wanting to belive TO can help his pathetic team...

If I'm not mistaken I think Deion Sanders knocked his block off at the Star!!! That is the day I changed my mind about Deion!!

Does anyone out there know for sure??

The Mighty Texan

HoustonFrog
03-19-2006, 08:14 PM
This is like talking to a bunch of 3rd graders. I get that you hate the Cowboys. Calling them the Cowgirls makes you look like a bitter person who is peeved the Oilers never could win jack squat and that the Texans won 19-10. Big picture, I don't care. Being someone who grew up in Ft. Worth, grew up a fan of Cowboys in the 70s and loves sports I never understood the bitterness to tell you the truth. Yeah there are some obnoxious Cowboy fans. But there are also a ton of us that grew up, because of the area of Texas we were in, rooting for the Oilers in the AFC while living and dying for the Boys. The difference is, when I moved here, I still kept my Dallas allegiance while taking in and rooting for teams in another Texas city, just like I did when I was younger. Having a team you enjoy to watch beside your favorite is not bandwagon, it is supporting a city. I know it is a rivalry but the blanket statements kill me. In all honesty, I'm not extremely excited about TO, just like I wasn't about Deion, BUT sometimes as a franchise you take a shot and in this parity filled league it may work out. Jerry Jones puts his balls on the line. Sometimes he is a jack(blank), sometimes it comes out aces, but all in all he has won SBs and created a rich franchise. If TO brings another and bolts..well that is the way of the NFL. If he is a cancer, oh well, I get no satisfaction but at least JJ went after arguably the best WR in the league. Deion helped them to another one. maybe TO will. In the meantime I'll keep posting here and trying to decide what can make the Texans a franchise that will get to have many successful seasons..just not against the Cowboys.:)

DFAN
03-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks for watching my back BlueTexan!!! The cowgirls are doomed! this Dude must be wanting to belive TO can help his pathetic team...

If I'm not mistaken I think Deion Sanders knocked his block off at the Star!!! That is the day I changed my mind about Deion!!

Does anyone out there know for sure??

The Mighty Texan

George Teague.

DFAN
03-19-2006, 09:16 PM
By RICHARD JUSTICE
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle
DALLAS Branch Rickey once said: "You don't really know how much trouble a player can be until you have him on your own team."
Let's run that quote by the Dallas Cowboys a year from now. By then, they will regret the signing of Terrell Owens.

For starters, this is the beginning of the end of the Bill Parcells-Jerry Jones marriage. Mark it down.
They already have coexisted longer than many thought possible. Three seasons, no playoff victories.
Parcells is worth the trouble only if he wins big. Knowing Jones, I'm guessing he's about had his fill of the guy.

Hello, T.O.; goodbye, Bill

Whatever you think of Jones, he is upbeat, aggressive, a risk-taker. Parcells is a dark cloud. He is profane and belligerent, and even the people who acknowledge his brilliance as a coach eventually acknowledge he is not worth the trouble.
Parcells is at the point where the end of every season is going to become a soap opera. Will he come back? Oh please, Bill, come back.
Owens' arrival at Valley Ranch will speed up Parcells' departure.
I don't know what Parcells told Jones about Owens. He may have said: "Great idea, boss."
I do know what Parcells' buddies are saying. They're saying it was Jerry's idea. They're saying Bill wants nothing to do with the guy.
Funny, but a lot of us thought Jones had given Parcells complete control of personnel. Not so.

The art of the deal

Organizations reveal themselves by how they handle decisions like this one. The Cowboys are willing to take a chance because even if Owens isn't good for the football side of the building, he creates a buzz.
Jones has always been about selling and marketing. He understands that almost all publicity is good publicity.
T.O.'s arrival in Dallas will be the story of this NFL season. The Miami Dolphins acquired Daunte Culpepper. The New Orleans Saints got Drew Brees. Edgerrin James is now with the Arizona Cardinals, David Givens with the Tennessee Titans.
All those moves made more sense from a football standpoint. They all will be subplots to the T.O.-Jerry-Tuna story line.
The Texans? They have done better than you might think. They have added a serviceable defensive end (Anthony Weaver) and a pass-catching fullback (Jameel Cook) and could be getting close on a pass-catching tight end (Jeb Putzier).
They still need a middle linebacker, offensive line depth and another wide receiver. But with the addition of Reggie Bush and a solid draft class, they could be respectable in Gary Kubiak's first season.
Kubiak has told general manager Charley Casserly to get him players who put the team first, who are willing to play special teams, who understand there's a larger picture. Good for him. Teams that have not yet learned how to win can't bring in players who think otherwise.
But the Cowboys will be more interesting. No matter what Parcells said inside the walls of Valley Ranch, his friends are hearing something else. Has Parcells decided to quit before training camp? Will T.O. be his out?
Incredible, isn't it? Owens hasn't even played a game, and already there is trouble. He'll probably rip the locker room apart, too. T.O. is about T.O. If he's getting his catches, he'll be fine for a while. If he's not, he'll be a nightmare.
He sees the team concept only in terms of what it can do for him. Pro Football Hall of Famer John Riggins said of Owens: "He doesn't believe the normal social contracts apply to him."
If Owens couldn't get along with Donovan McNabb, Drew Bledsoe has no chance.
Here's my Terrell Owens story.
The Green Bay Packers had just defeated the San Francisco 49ers at Lambeau Field in January 2002. After the game, Owens stood a dozen feet away from 49ers quarterback Jeff Garcia and complained loudly and bitterly about the play-calling in general and Garcia in particular.
I was amazed that an athlete would say such things about a teammate standing within earshot. Owens clearly didn't care. He seemingly was upset more about not getting his numbers than the defeat.
Few general managers or head coaches would want Owens on their team if they had seen his act that day.
The Philadelphia Eagles took a chance on him because they had lost three consecutive NFC Championship Games and believed they were one player away from the Super Bowl. The Eagles knew the risks.
Owens helped get them over the hump. He played brilliantly and courageously in the Super Bowl. When he didn't get a new contract, he went ballistic.
The Cowboys aren't one player away. Owens will say all the right things, but he will see the Cowboys as a vehicle for himself, more money, more exposure, more of the things he cares about.
He'll drive Parcells crazy and hasten his departure.
Yet he's perfect for Jones. He'll make headlines. He'll have the Cowboys again leading off SportsCenter.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Jones has told his people to be prepared for a flood of season-ticket sales when the signing is
announced.
Jones sees T.O. more in terms of marketing than football. The football side of his brain probably knows it won't work. The marketing side the relentless salesman doesn't care. Let's see if he feels the same way a year from now.
richard.justice@chron.com

Another writer trying to flame BP and JJ. Most writers didnt think it would last 2 years. Now they cant stand the fact it lasted 3 and he just got an extention. I still feel like this will be BPs last year but I said it from the beginning it would last at least 4 years.

He's the 1st writer I've seen say BPs FRIENDS are saying he had nothing to do with it. I cant see a Houston writer getting that kind of info and no one in the Dallas area got it. Plus the fact it's Justice.

WWJD
03-20-2006, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=The Mighty Texan]Well, we have problems but not so bad as to call in the devil... TO has some talent but he no superstar...

You are kidding right? "Some talent but no superstar".

I don't like Terrell much myself but he has plenty of talent and he's a superstar.

nflnutswife
03-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Interesting opinions all the way around. All I can say is, I already have phone calls from parties requesting any available seats we might have again this year!

Take the acquisition any way you want, but It's genious marketing.

c5demon
03-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Could you imagine this game on the OU/UT Red River Shootout Weekend! It would be an AWESOME FOOTBALL WEEKEND IN BIG D!

WWJD
03-20-2006, 12:07 PM
1. Jerry is never afraid to take a chance of players like this. Charles Haley is the first example I can think of.

2. Jerry is a great marketing owner. He's always thinking about money and how to make it.

3. The Cowboys offense instantly has become better.

I'm hearing it's basically a one year deal for all intents and purposes and if he misbehaves he'll be gone after this year.

Like Terrell said buy your popcorn. It's gonna be interesting.

Kaiser Toro
03-20-2006, 12:09 PM
1. Jerry is never afraid to take a chance of players like this. Charles Haley is the first example I can think of.

2. Jerry is a great marketing owner. He's always thinking about money and how to make it.

3. The Cowboys offense instantly has become better.

I'm hearing it's basically a one year deal for all intents and purposes and if he misbehaves he'll be gone after this year.

Like Terrell said buy your popcorn. It's gonna be interesting.

Agree with everything as most would. However, you need a #4 in there in that it could blow up in thier face and set back the organization in its development. This is a high risk situation, but we all know that our friends in Dallas love a good drama. ;)

jerek
03-20-2006, 12:13 PM

Right!

Props to Rosenhaus for pulling that kind of cheddar out.

I think TO has been more villified than he probably deserves. Of course, I don't know him or the Eagles, but I suspect the Eagles had much more a role in the fracture than they let on.

T.O. has a big mouth and may not be the guy Donovan McNabb invites to a wedding, but he is a gamer of the highest caliber and I doubt if that has changed.

jerek
03-20-2006, 12:14 PM
At least the Texans signed Walter.......

I heard he was pretty good..

Speaking of villains, who lets these kinds of characters run freely here? :) Go back to Dallas, sir, and take your blasphemies with you.

WWJD
03-20-2006, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't have done it but that's why I do what I do and Jerry does what he does.

There is a simple process here. Don't worry about things you can't control.

Jerry can't be controlled. If you're gonna be a Cowboys fan this is par for the course. I learned that a long time ago. Now if I still had my tickets I could voice my approval or disapproval.

I can almost guess though that the stadium will be packed just to see what Terrell does. Like a bad car wreck...you can't NOT look.

I forgot about Deion. He was a bit of a problem child and turned out fine in Dallas.

Although compared to Terrell Deion would be Shirley Temple and Terrell would be Johnny Rotten.

Kaiser Toro
03-20-2006, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't have done it but that's why I do what I do and Jerry does what he does.

There is a simple process here. Don't worry about things you can't control.

Jerry can't be controlled. If you're gonna be a Cowboys fan this is par for the course. I learned that a long time ago. Now if I still had my tickets I could voice my approval or disapproval.

I can almost guess though that the stadium will be packed just to see what Terrell does. Like a bad car wreck...you can't NOT look.

I forgot about Deion. He was a bit of a problem child and turned out fine in Dallas.

Although compared to Terrell Deion would be Shirley Temple and Terrell would be Johnny Rotten.

Yes, but Deion was on an island on the field. TO needs his teammates.

BTW, no right or wrong answers here, just like to banter.

WWJD
03-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Deion was very good friends with Michael and so he had Michael to lean on when he was there....he also hung with Emmitt. Haley was the one guy I think that was sort of the locker room loner. I do remember he would not speak to the press and he never did as far as I can remember.

Terrell is another best friend of Michael's.

Oh yea. If you play for the Cowboys and you need somebody to talk to just find Jerry. He NEVER shuts up. :)

I always did think that thing Terrell did with the cheerleader pom poms was the funniest TD celebration I ever saw. And I don't like that much but that was funny. He's clever if nothing else.

Kaiser Toro
03-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Deion was very good friends with Michael and so he had Michael to lean on when he was there....he also hung with Emmitt. Haley was the one guy I think that was sort of the locker room loner. I do remember he would not speak to the press and he never did as far as I can remember.

Terrell is another best friend of Michael's.

Oh yea. If you play for the Cowboys and you need somebody to talk to just find Jerry. He NEVER shuts up. :)

I always did think that thing Terrell did with the cheerleader pom poms was the funniest TD celebration I ever saw. And I don't like that much but that was funny. He's clever if nothing else.

Once again cannot disagree as I love watching TO play and the sideshow. I just would rather watch him perform in other colors than the Texans. It will be fun this year in the Big D.

WWJD
03-20-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm sure the Philly fans are already foaming at the mouth at the thought of Terrell coming to Philly in a Cowboys uni.

Nate Newton use to say they were the only fans that he knew for a fact ate their own young.....

Kaiser Toro
03-20-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm sure the Philly fans are already foaming at the mouth at the thought of Terrell coming to Philly in a Cowboys uni.

Nate Newton use to say they were the only fans that he knew for a fact ate their own young.....

Philly fans are awful, but they find comfort in it. More than any other city in the US they truly have thier own culture and sense of community in my opinion. Messed up, smart, open minded, love their neighbors, love their teams and can snap at the drop of a cheese steak.

WWJD
03-20-2006, 01:12 PM
This is a true story...I meet a young couple once at Texas Stadium that were huge Cowboys fans and they were from and lived in Philly.

He told me once that they went to a Cowboys/Eagles game at the Vet and when he cheered for the Cowboys he was dangled off the side of the railing by some Eagles fans. They were arrested and taken to the jail IN the stadium.

Uh..no thanks......if you can't go to a game that you paid for and cheer for whoever you want without being hurt there is something terribly wrong. To me those types of fans are mental.

I'm guessing those same guys would love to dangle Terrell.

nflnutswife
03-20-2006, 01:32 PM
This is a true story...I meet a young couple once at Texas Stadium that were huge Cowboys fans and they were from and lived in Philly.

He told me once that they went to a Cowboys/Eagles game at the Vet and when he cheered for the Cowboys he was dangled off the side of the railing by some Eagles fans. They were arrested and taken to the jail IN the stadium.

Uh..no thanks......if you can't go to a game that you paid for and cheer for whoever you want without being hurt there is something terribly wrong. To me those types of fans are mental.

I'm guessing those same guys would love to dangle Terrell.

Bingo! This is exactly the conversation I had with my husband. The year before last I believe, we were at the Texas Stadium Cowboy/Eagle game. I have to say it was the worst game I have ever attended in 10 years. I feared for our safety literally. The fowl mouthed, biligerant eagle fans that traveled to Dallas were threatning ME for BEING with a Cowboy lover. Throwing beer, pushing and shoving even kids, threatning to tear the stadium apart from toilet rim to toilet rim with fans inside!!! It was horrible. I can only imagine what it is going to be like with T.O. in silver n blue. :ouch:

WWJD
03-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Yep Pam...when you can't go to a game without feeling threatened there is something wrong. It sounds all warm and fuzzy to say Philly fans are great fans, love their team, do this, do that but the bottom line is they have a reputation and it's deserved.

I like some of their players ok...heck I even like their coach...but those fans that do the threatening and fighting and making life unbearable for opposing fans are scum.

Get ready Texan fans for a treat...I'm thinking the Eagles will be visiting Reliant this year....you'll see these same fans up close and personal. Or if you go to Philly wear your riot gear. You're gonna need it.

jerek
03-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Yep Pam...when you can't go to a game without feeling threatened there is something wrong. It sounds all warm and fuzzy to say Philly fans are great fans, love their team, do this, do that but the bottom line is they have a reputation and it's deserved.

I like some of their players ok...heck I even like their coach...but those fans that do the threatening and fighting and making life unbearable for opposing fans are scum.

Get ready Texan fans for a treat...I'm thinking the Eagles will be visiting Reliant this year....you'll see these same fans up close and personal. Or if you go to Philly wear your riot gear. You're gonna need it.

Who was it that Randy Moss pretended to moon awhile back? GB fans? ... Everyone talks like that was so classless, so this or that (if he had really mooned them, I would understand ... but come on, the way he did it, personally I thought it was funny.) ... But geez, there are entire camps of fans in pro sports that are just ridiculous. And that's here ... try going to a "football" match in Europe some time.

Huge
03-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Who was it that Randy Moss pretended to moon awhile back? GB fans? ... Everyone talks like that was so classless, so this or that (if he had really mooned them, I would understand ... but come on, the way he did it, personally I thought it was funny.) ... But geez, there are entire camps of fans in pro sports that are just ridiculous. And that's here ... try going to a "football" match in Europe some time.
Herm Edwards thought it (Moss 'mooning' the fans) was pretty funny as well. The prank came from a Packers' fan tradition of mooning the visitor's bus when it rolls into town.

Moss was simply returning the favor. If Herm Edwards doesn't have a problem with it, nobody should.

I don't have a problem with most of the on-field antics. Some of the stuff Chad Johnson does is really funny. But anything causing a distraction outside the field is a different story.

WWJD
03-20-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm streaming the ESPN channel in Dallas right now with Randy Galloway who is a long time Cowboys writer.

The big news is that Terrell has written a book that will be out in July..something about hating the Eagles...the inside story.

Funny stuff.

All the sportswriters on here are against the move while all the callers are for it...so far.

jaayteetx
03-20-2006, 06:58 PM
I got a buddy who gos to Eagle games all the time, his wife is a Philly fan and hes a Jets fan. He said there is no way in hell he would wear his Jets gear there, not without a death wish. He said he went to a 49er/Eagle game there and some poor girl, only about 16 was wearing 9er jersey, she left in tears it was so bad. Something deeply wrong there. Geez, its only a game. Too much testosterone and beer my guess.

StarStruck
03-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Eagle fans are interesting. I went to the Cowboys/Eagles game last October and some of Eagle fans sat behind us. It was a difficult day from the beginning for them and they were quite obnoxious and argumentitive, first when they proclaimed they would be making a comeback, and when it was obvious that wouldn't be happening that day, the mood really turned sour. They left before the two minute warning and one, obviously quite peeved, turned around and yelled "you're cheering because this is like a super bowl to you." Without thinking, I responded that it looked more like their super bowl. I was wrong and really should have ignored him.

Texans_Chick
03-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Came across this and thought it was interesting:

Source (http://sportssay.beloblog.com/)

Here's what he [Drew Pearson] told Sirius Radio's Gil Brandt this morning.

I am (upset) because there used to be some pride. There are certain people that you knew would never ever be in a Cowboy uniform because they didnt represent what the players represented, in other words what the coaching staff, the organization, was looking for. And there used to be a lot of pride in who wore that star on the helmet. Yes, it upsets me. Hes a former 49er. Hes a former Eagle. Hes a former bad boy and yes, it bothers me. Especially playing the position that I played. We tried to sanctify our positions by being out there on the field and doing what we had to do and trying to do it better that anybody else.

"And then off the field trying to do the right things to live up to the reputations that we developed because of how we succeeded on the field. So, yes, it does bother me. It does upset me. Hey, Im old school and I want the same kinds of things to stay the same way sometimes. Unfortunately as we develop in society things dont stay the same. Change is always going to come. And this change is something I never thought I would see.

ATX_Texan
03-22-2006, 04:07 PM
This whole controversy about T.O. in Dallas is kind of puzzling to me. I checked the Metroplex area media and many people like Dale Hansen and Randy Galloway are upset that the Cowboys would have a guy like T.O. on the team. I keep hearing them talk about how it will goes against the "classy" image of the organization.

To me, class and Cowboys have not gone together since JJ bought the team. The old Cowboys certainly did worry about their image as God's team. However, Jerry threw that all out the window years ago. I will give them credit for being having plenty of championships and quite a winning percentage. However, they are also just one step above the Raiders when it comes to kind of folks Jerry will allow to wear the star. It should come as no surprise that Jones and Owens are together. They are from the same mold. They only care about getting all the press and all the money and they don't care about anything or anyone else.

El Amigo Invisible
03-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Whoa! Now I am no Cowboy fan but what about when they were coached by Jimmy Johnson. I think Emmit got alittle mouthy at the end but I guess all older players do.I think the reason TO is going to Dallas is BP. The Tuna is probably the only coach in the world who can control him. I think it might just blow up in their face:redtowel:

WWJD
03-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Emmitt never was "mouthy" as you put it but rather honest. You could always tell if he was upset about something in interviews....he's the same nowadays. He's just honest. But he, I am sure, never was a lockerroom problem.

I do believe Bill is onboard with Terrell being a Cowboy. I don't think he instigated the talks...that would be Jerry...but I've heard and read almost all of the major Cowboys beat writers and they all agree that if Bill didn't want him Jerry would not have signed him.

The reason Terrell is a Cowboy is simple. 10 million in salary this year.

StarStruck
03-22-2006, 06:17 PM
I keep hearing them talk about how it will goes against the "classy" image of the organization.

To me, class and Cowboys have not gone together since JJ bought the team. The old Cowboys certainly did worry about their image as God's team.

I am not the one to rehash the family business, but the Cowboys have had misbehaving children long before Jerry Jones made his first million.

infantrycak
03-22-2006, 06:27 PM
I am not the one to rehash the family business, but the Cowboys have had misbehaving children long before Jerry Jones made his first million.

Ex. Thomas Hollywood Henderson--just as every team has. Cowboys fans have to know they are never going to get a fair review of anything they do from most Houston fans.

aj.
03-26-2006, 08:59 PM
This guy may be the hypocrite of all hypocrites.

Turn the other cheek for Switzer's gun runnin, Crack smokin, stoners (notice he forgot to mention trashing the dorms at St. Edwards) --- but oh......stand on "the star" and act as if it's the humiliation of all humiliations. Give me a break, get your nose out of the air.... and root for your team fool. They're all yours.

http://www.lufkindailynews.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2006/03/26/20060326LDNStalalrd.html

ATX_Texan
03-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Tex Schramm and Tom Landry simply did not tolerate such behavior. Hollywood Henderson became an ex-Cowboy immediately following the news of his drug problem, as did alleged child molester Rafael Septien. Yes, they'd embarrassed themselves, but the organization continued to stand tall, offering us fans the opportunity to maintain our pride.

But since Jerry Jones took over, that hasn't been the case. The sleazy scandals of the 90s were excused by flashing the three Super Bowl rings, conveying the idea that wins overrule the most egregious behavior.

I agree with this part of the article. The Cowboys did have their share of problems before JJ bought the team. However, they did value their image and they did take steps to correct the mistakes. The new J-boys are nothing like this. On one hand, they continue to promote themselves as "God's Team", but they also allow Raider like behavior all in the name of more victories on the field. I lived in Dallas during the 1990's and there was not a week that went by during the Barry Switzer era that some scandal was not being reported. Since the Boys were winning a bunch of games, the fine people of the Metroplex would always turn a blind eye to it. T.O. and JJ are a great pair and they totally deserve each other.

jerek
03-28-2006, 11:31 AM
This guy may be the hypocrite of all hypocrites.

Turn the other cheek for Switzer's gun runnin, Crack smokin, stoners (notice he forgot to mention trashing the dorms at St. Edwards) --- but oh......stand on "the star" and act as if it's the humiliation of all humiliations. Give me a break, get your nose out of the air.... and root for your team fool. They're all yours.

http://www.lufkindailynews.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2006/03/26/20060326LDNStalalrd.html

Read (past tense) the article. What a complete tool. You'd think Terrell Owens banged his wife and his mistress (or whoever the equally tasteless "best girl" reference was in regards to), the needless venom he spewed throughout. T.O. thinks highly of himself; big deal. He's not the first and certainly not the last big-talent star with a big mouth to go along with it.

Give me a whining prima donna any day over a bunch of coke addicts/rapists. Could just be me, but I don't see how T.O. can tarnish the sacred 'star' any more than it has already been trampled by its own in the past twenty years.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
03-28-2006, 02:12 PM
I agree with this part of the article. The Cowboys did have their share of problems before JJ bought the team. However, they did value their image and they did take steps to correct the mistakes. The new J-boys are nothing like this. On one hand, they continue to promote themselves as "God's Team", but they also allow Raider like behavior all in the name of more victories on the field. I lived in Dallas during the 1990's and there was not a week that went by during the Barry Switzer era that some scandal was not being reported. Since the Boys were winning a bunch of games, the fine people of the Metroplex would always turn a blind eye to it. T.O. and JJ are a great pair and they totally deserve each other.

So what "bad" thing did the "evil" Jerry Jones do last year? Or the year before. Or the year before that? Was it cutting Quincy Carter immediately after they find he's a druggie? Was it cutting Antonio Bryant after he shoved his jersey into Parcells? Jerry Jones is a hard working guy, that puts his heart and soul into the Cowboys and the league.

texan279
04-14-2006, 11:17 AM
from www.kffl.com

Cowboys | Team wants to see more of Owens at offseason program
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:12:40 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Star-Telegram, reports several sources have noted that Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens has not been a regular participant in Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells' offseason program. His initial absences were understood because of a prior commitment, but Owens in the past has preferred to work with his own trainer. His publicist, Kim Etheredge, said, "He is here when he is required to be here just like every other player on the team" and added that Parcells has expressed no concern about Owens' regimen. Parcells' feelings on the subject are clear. The "voluntary" program requires players to work out four times a week and get in 40 workouts during the offseason. "To (Parcells), it's about chemistry," a source said. "He wants you here."

WWJD
04-14-2006, 12:27 PM
If he's there when required I don't see what the problem is.

Much adieu about nothing.

TexanFan881
04-14-2006, 12:42 PM
It sounds like the media is already trying to make a story on Owens.

StarStruck
04-15-2006, 01:46 AM
Parcells wasn't suppose to last more than two years if I recall correctly, so this comes as no surprise.

DFAN
04-17-2006, 08:01 AM
It sounds like the media is already trying to make a story on Owens.

That is exactly what it is. It's gonna be like that all year. I'm sure he isnt the only one who hasnt been to everyone of the workouts but its TO so it gets reported.

LT use to write BP a check before the offseason because he didnt want to be there. BP said nothing about it because he knew what LT would bring to the field. No on in there right mind would question whether TO is in shape or not.

DFAN
04-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Parcells wasn't suppose to last more than two years if I recall correctly, so this comes as no surprise.

Many media and Cowboy haters predicted it wouldnt last more than 2 years. A few had it lasting 3. Well he's going into year 4.