PDA

View Full Version : Could We Be....

wenskek
03-16-2006, 01:39 PM
do any of you guys think that the departure of bradford and gaffney, the front office my be thinking of drafting someone like reggie mcneill to become a reciever for us. i think he could make a pretty good reciever.

gtexan02
03-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Taking a college QB and converting him to WR takes some time. Matt Jones last year knew he wanted to be a WR, and played WR at the senior bowl, and was considered one the best atheletes ever to play football (if you believed the hype) and he had/is still having trouble with the conversion. We need a #2 receiver, plain and simple. If we keep lining up people who can't catch/run routes, etc, AJ is going to be forever triple teamed. Drafting a conversion would be fine if we had a lot of coaching time, but we don't, and thus I dont think the FO is counting on making McNeil our #2 option

newbiefan
03-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, if he is available in say rounds 5-6, I think he might be a good prospect. Perhaps an Randle El type that could be used in trick plays. That is of course if he wants to play WR.

tulexan
03-16-2006, 03:51 PM
We are getting a receiver in Reggie Bush.

Wharton
03-16-2006, 04:01 PM
McNiel has stated that he wants to play QB, so I doubt it.

BeReal
03-16-2006, 04:01 PM
We are getting a receiver in Reggie Bush.

My thoughts exactly. I could see him lining up in the slot a quarter of the game, not counting the times he would go in motion. :yahoo:

Vinny
03-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Bush would probably be the primary slot wr when we are in a 3 wr look so we have AJ and Bush on the field taking the speed guys into their responsibility. What we need is a TE to punish a defense as Johnson and Bush will need constant attention. We don't need anything special outside at WR2 if we take Bush. We need a TE to work the part of the field we used Gaffney for in the past.

DRIFTAWAY
03-16-2006, 05:51 PM
putzier anyone or maybe leonard pope if he falls to the 2nd?

Bubbajwp
03-16-2006, 07:47 PM
McNiel has stated that he wants to play QB, so I doubt it.
He may not have a choice.

outofhnd
03-16-2006, 09:59 PM
as I have stated we get putzier

we primarily will go with a 2 wr 2 te 2 rb formation.

2 WR - AJ Primary, Mathis secondary.
2 TE - Bruener - stay in and block, Putzier - receiving TE
2 RB - Cook, Bush

When we go to the slot

AJ , MAthis, Bush in the slot
Bruener stays in to block, Putzier subs out,
Cook FB, DD tailback/safety valve underneath.

tulexan
03-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Mathis will need a lot of work before he can be the #2 receiver. But I like that formation of 2 wideouts, 2 TEs, and 2 backs. The Bengal receiver we offered a contract to would probably be the #2 over Mathis.