PDA

View Full Version : Terrel Owens ?

LongBignasty1
03-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Would you try to go after T.O. or would you be content to let him go to Dallas and watch Dallas become the Texas superpower?

I want T.O., even if he is a timebomb( you can alway's cut him), and i think he was only acting childish due to his contract situation.

chuckm
03-16-2006, 09:29 AM
I'll take him but only with a boatload of "conduct detremental to the team" language in the contract ...

Hardcore Texan
03-16-2006, 09:32 AM
No way, he is poison to any team. It is very sad given his talent level is so freakin' unbelievable.

Malloy
03-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Ixnay on the drama queenay !!!

Double Barrel
03-16-2006, 09:44 AM
I WANT Dallas take him!

The quicker they take TO, the quicker they suffer a team meltdown. And watching the Cowboys flounder is one of my favorite pasttimes! :D

Dude is a cancer wherever he goes. He proved it in San Fran, and confirmed it in Philly. In his mind, he is bigger than the team. And in football, that is a recipe for disaster, no matter how much talent a player possesses.

humbleone
03-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Just say "NO" to "TO". No room for selfish individualist in the ultimate "team" sport. :brickwall

bigTEXan8
03-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Just say "NO" to "TO". No room for selfish individualist in the ultimate "team" sport. :brickwall

Sounds like a PSA:

Just say "NO" to http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/don_banks/08/21/eagles.offense/tx_owens_all.jpg

HomeBred_Texan
03-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Why in the world would anyone consider this nut case? He destroys everything around him.

Why not go after Keyshawn Johnson instead?:redtowel:

LongBignasty1
03-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Go after Grandpa johnson? get real!

David's Busted Carr
03-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Please keep TO and MeShawn away from our team. They are both cancer. And neither of them would come here anyway. They both are sore losers and wouldn't come to a losing team.

LBC_Justin
03-16-2006, 10:52 AM
No way, he is poison to any team. It is very sad given his talent level is so freakin' unbelievable.I hate to say it but I would take him.

His contact would be about a mile long with all the incentives both "behavioral" and "performanced" based. I think TO is childish but I think even he understands how important this next season is to his career and to his life. He is going to be an angel next year. After next year who knows.

QB - Carr
RB - Bush & Davis
WR - TO, AJ, Mathis, Armstrong
New TE or maybe even Bennie.
Revamped O-Line
New coaching staff

That would have me VERY excited for the new season. I think adding TO and Bush would lead to AJ having a MONSTER year for us.

But alas this is only a pipe dream. No way Kubiak in his first year of being a head coach takes this on. Wait.....unless they make TO, Mike Sherrman's personal responsibility....hmmm I think that might work.

BTW: Injuries were by far the #1 reason for the Meltdown in Philly. TO didn't help either.

WAKE UP FOLKS. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. ---------------> we went 2-14 last year. Drastic times call for drastic measures.

GO TEXANS!!

Wharton
03-16-2006, 11:08 AM
I hate to say it but I would take him.....

WAKE UP FOLKS. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. ---------------> we went 2-14 last year. Drastic times call for drastic measures.

GO TEXANS!!
Obviously, the pressure of four losing seasons in a row is just too much for some folks. It's obvious you've gone mad, and need to seek a psychological counseling!

Please step away from the keyboard.

:crazy:

Texas
03-16-2006, 11:10 AM
I beleive our staff already said they would never take T.O. because of what happened in philadelphia.

Second Honeymoon
03-16-2006, 11:10 AM
I think at this point in time Terrell Owens would be a great and VERY needed addition to our team. Is it a risk? Sure. But what the hell do we have to risk? We were 2-14!! We have a horrible receiving corps at the moment. And here is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the equation. If we do not improve our WR corps, if Carr continues to suck next year, we will have to hear 'Wah Wah, David didnt have enough receivers. He needs a chance to succeed'.

Do we really want to hear that? So far we have heard every excuse in the book and if we go into the season with our current WR corps it will be the worst our recievers have been since Year One.

Owens is a smart move. He brings buzz and excitement and drama to the team. We have yet to make a splash in this league, and for some reason I think adding Bush and Owens would change all of that.

Monday Night Football 2006 - Texans v. Eagles (I bet TO would get 4 TDs in that game) oh and if you Cowboys haters really want to punk the Cowboys, get on board with signing this guy because if he goes to the Cowboys expect the Cowboys to win by 40 points in a blowout in Texas Stadium next year. You sign TO and we win and punk Jones again. TO blows up againstthe Cowboys and that is a fact.

If we were close to the Super Bowl I dont think you make the deal, but what the hell do we have to lose? really?

Call me crazy but with TO at WR and the addition of Bush at RB i think 10-6 AND playoffs is a possibility. Without TO at WR i think 2-14 is a distinct possibility.

doug from the woodlands

El Amigo Invisible
03-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Could Kubes control TO (I mean Princess)??

thunderkyss
03-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I WANT Dallas take him!

The quicker they take TO, the quicker they suffer a team meltdown. And watching the Cowboys flounder is one of my favorite pasttimes! :D

Dude is a cancer wherever he goes. He proved it in San Fran, and confirmed it in Philly. In his mind, he is bigger than the team. And in football, that is a recipe for disaster, no matter how much talent a player possesses.
T.O. Wants to play football, and he wants to win. He never had a problem with Steve Young.........

His problems started When Bill Walsh, Carmen Policy, and Steve Mariuchi started their little power struggle, Which led to Jeff Garcia...... who wasn't a problem with T.O. when they were winning. Talent level around T.O. started divebombing, Jeff showed he was a one year wonder, Policy was fighting with the 49ers, then it was Mooch and Walsh...... no one was interested in winning........ no one but T.O. he was frustrated, and dealt with the situation by opening his mouth, one thing led to another, badda bing, badda boom, Carmon Policy, Mooch, and Jeff Garcia go on to cause more Havok than T.O. has, but he gets the blame.

He Goes to Philly, their winning, he found his soul mate, one year and a blown superbowl later, he realizes what the problem is.... the QB/Coach relationship. Donovan is a really good QB. When he's on, he is on. But being the QB, when he screws up, it really, really hurts the team. But nobody tells him he screwed up. Nobody tries to correct his problems. They pat him on the back, and say, "We'll get them next year Tiger"

It's the same thing that's happening in Houston, so T.O. won't be a good fit here. It's the same thing with Dante in Minnesota, with Tice. Instead of Tice doing his job, he let Chris Carter & Randy Moss chew Donovan out on the sidelines. It's the same thing with Aaron Brooks......."Well, you did your best" The QB is the leader on the field, the Coach has to have the QB in check...

That crap in Indy, with Peyton sending the kicking team off the field......... You watch, Indy's going to struggle, and nobody will be able to figure out why.

Second Honeymoon
03-16-2006, 11:24 AM
]']Coach says, we need Keyshawn! :redtowel:

With Keyshawn you get the primadonna mentality and attitude WITHOUT the otherworldy talent and off the field dedication that Owens has exhibited his whole career. I dont have a problem with prima donna's (jordan was one, clemens is one, ARod is one) but you have to have the game to justify dealing with a prima donna. Owens has more game and ability than Keyshawn could ever dream of.

Owens would also bring some credibility to the team in that we are trying to win and not just field a team of choirboys and 'yes men'.

Doug from The Woodlands

jgite
03-16-2006, 11:36 AM
I say we bring him in. Whats the worst that can happen? Will he make DC cry? You can't complain about playmakers and offensive weapons if he is lining up opposite of AJ. I don't even think AJ would complain. He would probably go back to his pro-bowl numbers with T.O. We were 2-14, ain't no where to go but up.;)

kcwilson
03-16-2006, 11:49 AM
I say we bring him in. Whats the worst that can happen? Will he make DC cry? You can't complain about playmakers and offensive weapons if he is lining up opposite of AJ. I don't even think AJ would complain. He would probably go back to his pro-bowl numbers with T.O. We were 2-14, ain't no where to go but up.;)

I think the key here is that "A.J. won't complain". I know A.J. is mild mannered, polite, etc... but how long can he be underutilized until he gets super pissed.

Bringing in T.O. is a risk, but let's face it, he is the top WR on the market, period. He isn't Moss, who takes plays off. I sincerely believes that T.O. wants to win... if we gave him the contract that he wants, would he be happy financially, Yes. Will he likely find something else to gripe about? Yes.
Would Carr throw for 25 TDs? Likely.

At least the guy shows passion on the field... give the guy credit for being a competitor... Did you see footage of the bench last year... looked like someone shot Toro.

LongBignasty1
03-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Exactly my point about T.O. David Carr, who i believe is overated, would have no excuse as to his playing ability and for that matter neither would all the Carr supporter's. A.J. and T.O. on opposite side's of the field? David Carr, Reggie Bush and D.D. in the backfield? Would you want you're team to play Houston with that talent? Hell no, because you would have to outscore us to beat us. Period. Next year solidify the D through free agency and draft and see where we can take this franchise. just my thought's

chuckm
03-16-2006, 12:25 PM
He Goes to Philly, their winning, he found his soul mate, one year and a blown superbowl later, he realizes what the problem is.... the QB/Coach relationship. Donovan is a really good QB. When he's on, he is on. But being the QB, when he screws up, it really, really hurts the team. But nobody tells him he screwed up. Nobody tries to correct his problems. They pat him on the back, and say, "We'll get them next year Tiger"

I'm looking for a sarcasm icon in your post but can't find it .... am I overlooking it?

bigTEXan8
03-16-2006, 01:56 PM
If the Texans can remove his vocal chords, then yeah, bring him in. Either that, or give him a shock coller like you put on dogs, that way, whenever he's about to say something, it gives him 100 volts running through his veins.

Headlights of a Carr
03-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Let the Cowboys have him. He fits in there. I would love to see Parcells rip him a new one. Anyway he fits the Cowboys tradition with loud mouths - see Michael "Cocaine" Irvin. For what he did to the star I wonder why the fans would want him there anyway.

Ibar_Harry
03-16-2006, 05:43 PM
I think the key here is that "A.J. won't complain". I know A.J. is mild mannered, polite, etc... but how long can he be underutilized until he gets super pissed.

Bringing in T.O. is a risk, but let's face it, he is the top WR on the market, period. He isn't Moss, who takes plays off. I sincerely believes that T.O. wants to win... if we gave him the contract that he wants, would he be happy financially, Yes. Will he likely find something else to gripe about? Yes.

At least the guy shows passion on the field... give the guy credit for being a competitor... Did you see footage of the bench last year... looked like someone shot Toro.

It's kind of funny, but I will say the same thing. The guy sacrificed his body in the SB a year ago. He said he would be ready and everyone else gave up on him. He was there an did rather well.

There was a lot of discussion of what happened with this fisaco in Philly. I have a feeling that the guy was setup. You may laugh at that, but there's just some funny things about what happened.

The guy is talented, pasionate and very bright. He's a Jimmy Brown - Bill Russel type of guy. He's going to say what he feels and believes. I can say without a doubt he makes the Texans a contender if they sign him. You put Mathis, AJ and T.O. on the field as your WR's and may be Bush in the backfield and you are an offensive machine. You basically have 2 burners plus an after burner. You should have someone open.

If I were McNair I would sit down with the guy and see if he is ready to settle down and play the game of football. I think he is. I think he's ready to put all of the BS behind him, he's too smart not to.

dat_boy_yec
03-16-2006, 08:07 PM
If you brought in T.O. which I ain't against, you would have to make him the number 1 receiver. I mean the guy is unbealivable. I love A.J., but he isn't on par with T.O. yet. Like some ppl have said T.O. is a competitor. It doesn't matter how the media paints it he plays the game. He apologized for something that he didn't want to apologize for so he could get back on the field. He brings fire to the locker room where ever he goes the team just has to handle that. I would love to see him here, but since we didn't want to part with that kind of money for Givens I can't imagine we would come up with T.O. type money.

Bubbajwp
03-16-2006, 08:15 PM

AJ doesnt have any room to complain until he improves his hands.

outofhnd
03-16-2006, 08:16 PM
I say Leave him alone, It isnt worth the drama. He is an immature player and never puts any blame on himself. Its never his fault, It was always someone else. let him be someone else's headache because I dont think he can mature I really dont the guy is 30 + years old and still acts like he is a teenager, People say he is like Chad Johnson, But I never hear chad johnson rip anyone. He has 0 professionalism. Please do not sign this player.

RB5
03-16-2006, 08:57 PM
I say give it a shot. That'd give us so many weapons in the passing game, assuming we keep Carr upright. Like somebody said earlier, we can't get any worse. There's nothing really to destroy.

If it doesn't workout, we could always just blame Casserley.

Oilers/Texans
03-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Yes, I'd love to get Terrel Owens on my team.

Texans_Chick
03-16-2006, 10:03 PM
I hate to say it but I would take him.

His contact would be about a mile long with all the incentives both "behavioral" and "performanced" based.

You can't have too many performanced based incentives in his contract because that just gives him more incentive to do the me thing instead of the team thing.

Personally, I think TO could possibly do well on a team that has established veterans and a take no BS coach to try to keep him in line. I could completely see him being a Cowboy--JJ likes taking flyers on players and has enough good will in the bank to do that sort of thing.

Even if McNair could stomach a player with that rep, TO would be a bad fit here because: 1. We don't have enough established leadership and tradition to keep him in line; 2. Kubiak already has enough stuff to deal with without worrying about any one personality on the team; 3. The fan base is already mutinous and conservative--a flamboyant me-first donkey wouldn't work here at all.

TEXANS84
03-16-2006, 10:08 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?p=294029#post294029

Oilers/Texans
03-16-2006, 10:09 PM
a flamboyant me-first donkey
I don't think I've ever heard that before. That's pretty funny.:)

Hardcore Texan
03-16-2006, 10:30 PM
So now T.O. is worth a shot on our team. I have to disagree, first of all if we draft Bush and bring in T.O. that has to eat up all of our cap space right there. We still need to upgrade our O-Line and our Defense. And then what, A.J. becomes our #2 WR. A.J. has all the talent T.O. does, still can develope better hands, but without all the drama and a humble persona to boot.

I do agree he will be on "better" behavior next year, he basically has to because no matter how you slice it, it is all about the Benjamins, no matter what kind of show he puts on.

And some of ya'll don't think he was a big problem in Philly, I have to disagree with that, and YES injuries played a part. Patting McNabb on the back when he has a bad game. That is a lot better than calling him out in Public. Settle that crap off the field and show some freakin' UNITY.

McNabb is a class act, the heart and soul of that team, how many NFC title games have they been in the last 4 years again? Alot of their success came before T.O. and they will rise again

Ibar_Harry
03-16-2006, 10:35 PM
If you brought in T.O. which I ain't against, you would have to make him the number 1 receiver. I mean the guy is unbealivable. I love A.J., but he isn't on par with T.O. yet. Like some ppl have said T.O. is a competitor. It doesn't matter how the media paints it he plays the game. He apologized for something that he didn't want to apologize for so he could get back on the field. He brings fire to the locker room where ever he goes the team just has to handle that. I would love to see him here, but since we didn't want to part with that kind of money for Givens I can't imagine we would come up with T.O. type money.

I'm not certain that he will command that much money. I have a feeling he will have to come in at a lower value and could be a steal. He could be looking for a place where he can fit in and I think the Texans would actually be a good place. We don't have a lot of guys with huge egos.

LBC_Justin
03-17-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm not certain that he will command that much money. I have a feeling he will have to come in at a lower value and could be a steal. He could be looking for a place where he can fit in and I think the Texans would actually be a good place. We don't have a lot of guys with huge egos.
I'm thinking the exact same thing. TO might be exactly what this team is looking for.....kind of like those shock paddles the EMT's use to revive people. Who knows the Texans might be the perfect for TO. Perfect place to come in and revamp his career.

Make no mistake, the problems in Philly were all about $$$$$$. Nothing else. Satisfy that and your set.

Ummm...last year we were talking about how we didn't have a #2 reciever. Well we just lost our #2 and #3 guys in Gaffney and Bradford. (BTW I am very glad Bradford is gone and he won't be hard to replace.)

I wonder what Ernest Givins is doing these days.

thunderkyss
03-17-2006, 10:41 AM
I say Leave him alone, It isnt worth the drama. He is an immature player and never puts any blame on himself. Its never his fault, It was always someone else. let him be someone else's headache because I dont think he can mature I really dont the guy is 30 + years old and still acts like he is a teenager, People say he is like Chad Johnson, But I never hear chad johnson rip anyone. He has 0 professionalism. Please do not sign this player.

So what was his Fault?? San Fran needed a new QB....... I think after he left, they ended up saying the same thing.... Phillies QB wasn't ready to play the SB..... I think that was pretty obvious(McChunk)....... Donavan still has areas of his game that he needs to work on...... but the coach keeps letting it slide..... I'll bet money Reid & McNabb will get into it in 2006. Reid's let him get away with too much, for too long.....

Chad Johnson & Steve Smith(more so than Chad) is right where T.O. was when he signed with San Fran........ as long as they are winning, everything is hunky dory..... but wait till they start loosing. I think Carson Palmer has enough moxy to put Chad in his place........ I'm not so confident about Jake though.

Bsacamano
03-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Terrel Owens is a cancer! There is no way I would want him on my team.

Big Mex
03-17-2006, 10:48 AM
TO mindset=:homer: :crying:

TO Playing football=:superman:

To bring TO to Houston, it's very risky.....but might not be that.

touttail
03-17-2006, 11:09 AM
I WANT Dallas take him!

DB, don't know about the melt down. Parcells won't take crap off of anyone. I think TO knows that and will choke his motor when he hits the dotted line at Dallas.

It is a shame that a man ,with so much talent and his ability, has brought so much negative things down on himself! Two names come to mind, Rickey Williams and Mike Tyson.

Bobby 119C

TEXANFAN23435
03-17-2006, 12:50 PM
It seems to me that TO has always been shafted on his contracts. That Philly contract was fluff, that's why he wanted it renegotiated. SF just didn't want to pay the guy. What you have here, is the best WR in the NFL being railroaded on his contracts. I think, with the right money, incentives and language we could get the most talented NFL WR to play here and keep his mouth shut. When you are dealing with the most talented WR you really don't want him to fall behind others on the pay scale, so give him a Hakeem Olajuwan (Rockets) style contract. Just add a couple of twist.

1. 3 - 1 year contracts, that guarantee him an average payday of the top 3 WR's.

2. If he is the top NFL WR during any of those 3 years, he receives a matching payday of the top paid NFL WR with a 10% bonus thrown in. This makes him the top paid WR for that year.

3. The series of 1 year contracts gives us an out if this experiment implodes. Conduct detrimental to the Team Concept voids the remaining years.

4. Give this man ALL of his money yearly and don't try to pad it. If you want the best to just shut up and play, then PAY HIM and let him do his thing on the field.

Oh, don't think AJ wouldn't be licking his chops... with TO in the lineup, AJ is going to have a blowup season with man coverage. Absolutely lethal!!! With TO and AJ as wideouts our running game could become very strong. Throw RB into that mix and we could truely strike from anywhere. One thing is for certain, defenses will not be pining their ears back to slam DC. This lineup has just bought him 1 -2 seconds more in the pocket. Just my thoughts.

Cheroqui
03-17-2006, 03:15 PM
I think I would rather try to go after Randy Moss than TO. Randy is more like "Look man if you see me by the endzone and I got two guys with me, don't be scared to toss it up, they can't outjump me." TO is more like "I don't care if I have teo or three guys with me, you need to throw me the ball... before I get mad!". Really though, TO is 50/50 right now. He could be back to his old ways becuase that's just how his brain functions, or he could gain a moment of clarity and see that teams could care less how much he can increase their chances of getting to the play offs or SuperBowl they don't want to deal with him. Now he may begin to see that no one will care about what he can do if he's going to act like that. You can snap the ball to yourself, throw it 65 yards, and catch your own pass, but we still don't want you.

I kind of feel like he's a ring chaser anyway, so he wouldn't come to us because he doesn't have the patience to deal with time, commitment and growth. I wouldn't mind having Keyshawn only becasue he's willing to get Zambezied to make some big plays sometimes. We could use a Rock'em Sock'em robot over here! :D

Vambo, the Marble Eye
03-17-2006, 03:55 PM
T.O. Wants to play football, and he wants to win. He never had a problem with Steve Young.........
.........It's the same thing with Aaron Brooks.......".

I was with you right up till you said "just like Brooks". Aaron Brooks is retarded... talented yes, NFL material no. When you have a competent running game with Duece McAllister, Brooks just didn't have to work to seeing beyond first read coverages... . Brooks is not a scape goat... he was a contributing cause to a bad team because in the end, he just wasn't adapt at reading coverage... and laughed too much on camera after throwing an interception.

All the other guys are much sharper than Brooks, including T.O....