PDA

View Full Version : C. Potson Suspended by NFLPA

Errant Hothy
03-15-2006, 10:57 PM
NFL | Poston suspended
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:41:12 -0800

ESPN.com, citing the Sports Business Journal, reports Carl Poston, the agent for free agent LB LaVar Arrington, was suspended for two years Wednesday by the NFL Players Association's Committee on Agent Regulation & Discipline. The suspension stems from violations over Arrington's contract negotiations at the end of the 2003 season. Poston will be able to appeal the suspension.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

mexican_texan
03-16-2006, 02:04 AM
NFL | Poston suspended
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:41:12 -0800

ESPN.com, citing the Sports Business Journal, reports Carl Poston, the agent for free agent LB LaVar Arrington, was suspended for two years Wednesday by the NFL Players Association's Committee on Agent Regulation & Discipline. The suspension stems from violations over Arrington's contract negotiations at the end of the 2003 season. Poston will be able to appeal the suspension.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
I've been hating on these guys for a while. It seems I have only one target now.

BTW, that last sentence was sarcastic.

Coach C.
03-16-2006, 07:47 AM
One of the Poston brothers lives right here in good ol Houston, not bad guys just agents who are cutthroat and want the best for themselves and their clients. They also have a bit of a chip on their shoulder, but hey it is the nature of the business.

Kaiser Toro
03-16-2006, 08:21 AM
One of the Poston brothers lives right here in good ol Houston, not bad guys just agents who are cutthroat and want the best for themselves and their clients. They also have a bit of a chip on their shoulder, but hey it is the nature of the business.

Although I do not know them personally I agree with this. The agent business can bring out the worst in man, which is a big reason why I got out.