PDA

View Full Version : Would the Texans trade D Davis to...

Sopranos
03-15-2006, 08:38 PM
The Colts for a first rounder. This is being thrown around on the radio here in Indy. Wanted to see what you guys thought. If your taking Bush and keep Wells it sounds like a good idea. Although being in the same division would make it less likely.:stirpot:

michaelm
03-15-2006, 08:44 PM
The Colts for a first rounder. This is being thrown around on the radio here in Indy. Wanted to see what you guys thought. If your taking Bush and keep Wells it sounds like a good idea. Although being in the same division would make it less likely.:stirpot:

Indy radio needs to stop throwing around crack and ridiculous ideas.
Of course we would trade DD for a first rounder(in theory... cap issues may make it an unattractive idea), but Indy would never make such an offer.
If the idea behind your first ever post is to :stirpot: , you may need to come with a more realistic scenario...

Grid
03-15-2006, 08:48 PM
No we wouldnt. Cap implications aside.. we still need him. And wouldnt give him to a rival.

Texas
03-15-2006, 09:06 PM
For a first round pick? I beleive we would.

Runner
03-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Where do we sign?

texan279
03-15-2006, 09:14 PM
I believe I'd take that deal. Draft Bush #1, have Bush and Morency at RB, resign Wells, and draft Mangold, TE or OL with the pick from the Colts...

Double Barrel
03-15-2006, 09:19 PM
DD for a first round? In a heartbeat, even late in the draft. He's a solid player, but we could use a pick like that to fill some holes. Decent RB's are fairly easy to find these days if you build a consistently good o-line. And I think Kubiak will be all about fixing our line.

jgite
03-15-2006, 09:21 PM
I like D. Davis but that would be a trade I would seriously consider. But the cap hit would be a large, me thinks.

TexanFan881
03-15-2006, 09:24 PM
We do that and then give the Broncos our 1st round '07 pick for their two '06's and we could have 4 1st round picks and not lose any of this years picks in the process :drool:

texan279
03-15-2006, 09:26 PM
We do that and then give the Broncos our 1st round '07 pick for their two '06's and we could have 4 1st round picks and not lose any of this years picks in the process :drool:

Denver wants more than one pick in 07 for their 2 first round picks this season...

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-15-2006, 09:28 PM
In a heartbeat.

TexanFan881
03-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Denver wants more than one pick in 07 for their 2 first round picks this season...

Ok, we'll just throw another pick in there

texan279
03-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Ok, we'll just throw another pick in there

I'll take a 2nd later 1st round pick, but honestly 4 first round picks? For one, I don't know if we could handle that cap wise, second this draft is so deep there's no need to load up with 4 picks in the first round, third that would more than likely leave us with 1 or no first day picks next season.

HJam72
03-15-2006, 09:51 PM
I'd take the original offer myself. I swear this team actually does better when Wells plays, despite the fact that DD gets all that pass yardage. This is assuming that we do take Bush.

thegr8fan
03-15-2006, 10:39 PM
I swear this team actually does better when Wells plays,:shocked :wow:

are you being serious or sarcastic there? :confused:

Indy has Rhodes who is a good back. They will be looking for more draft positions, not trading them away, IMHO. Not sure what the radio jockey was snorting when he cooked this 'rumor' up, but I am pretty sure it wasn't something he heard from a reputable source within the team.

HoustonFrog
03-15-2006, 10:42 PM
People need to start realizing what people are worth. Daunte Culpepper was a MVP type guy a couple of years back and is still considered a top QB. They got a 2nd rounder for him. That means Carr would get maybe a 3rd or 4th and the same with DD.

outofhnd
03-15-2006, 10:48 PM
What people are worth, was not the question posed. I think the question was if the colts offered their 1st round pick (with their defense losing some key players I highly doubt they would trade at all) for Domanick Davis, I would have to say NO even if we did draft bush what if he is a 1 play and out for the season type back who never really makes it in the NFL? it could potentially be the Boselli curse at LT only this time at RB.. I say if we draft bush keep em both and if bush lives up to the hype then trade DD. But I would feel much more comfortable knowing I have 2 great running backs in the backfield.. at least for the first year of Bush's career.

nunusguy
03-15-2006, 10:58 PM
People need to start realizing what people are worth. Daunte Culpepper was a MVP type guy a couple of years back and is still considered a top QB. They got a 2nd rounder for him. That means Carr would bet maybe a 3rd or 4th and the same with DD.
Even with Culpepper having some injury considerations and publically stating he wanted out, the Dolphins stold Culpepper by getting him for only a 2 rounder.

HomeBred_Texan
03-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Even with Culpepper having some injury considerations and publically stating he wanted out, the Dolphins stold Culpepper by getting him for only a 2 rounder.
I dont think they stole him at all. His knees are shot. 1 good wack and he is out for 4 to 6 weeks. Duante's best days are behind him...

But I would also trade Davis for Indy's 1st this year.

HoustonFrog
03-15-2006, 11:34 PM
What people are worth, was not the question posed. I think the question was if the colts offered their 1st round pick (with their defense losing some key players I highly doubt they would trade at all) for Domanick Davis, I would have to say NO even if we did draft bush what if he is a 1 play and out for the season type back who never really makes it in the NFL? it could potentially be the Boselli curse at LT only this time at RB.. I say if we draft bush keep em both and if bush lives up to the hype then trade DD. But I would feel much more comfortable knowing I have 2 great running backs in the backfield.. at least for the first year of Bush's career.

OK, I'd take a first rounder. But my point was that I don't think a team would offer near that. Top backs weren't garnering that type of pick last year.

Sopranos
03-15-2006, 11:58 PM
OK, I'd take a first rounder. But my point was that I don't think a team would offer near that. Top backs weren't garnering that type of pick last year.

Because they were 28 and wanted 30-60 mill dollar contracts:brickwall

Big B Texan Fan
03-16-2006, 12:39 AM
I'd even toss in Carr as a conselation.:drool:

run-david-run
03-16-2006, 12:55 AM
He could give Peyton some pointers on how to handle being sacked...lol

Grid
03-16-2006, 01:19 AM
its late enough to almost be a second rounder. And there isnt any talent that is going to be available around that spot that I would be comfortable trading DD for.

We still need him. Bush isnt a workhorse and our coach likes to run. I wouldnt take the deal.

infantrycak
03-16-2006, 01:27 AM
People need to start realizing what people are worth. Daunte Culpepper was a MVP type guy a couple of years back and is still considered a top QB. They got a 2nd rounder for him. That means Carr would get maybe a 3rd or 4th and the same with DD.

And people need to realize the cap consequences for players has a huge value on their worth. Carr's $8 mil bonus has been paid and would all go on the Texans' cap vs. Culpepper who was due a $6 mil bonus that the trading team had to pay--those kinds of things affect the players' value. Plus there is that little 3 of 4 ligaments in his knee blown out thing. Not saying Carr would get more, just it isn't as simple as Culpepper is better and therefore Carr would fetch less.

DominatorDavis
03-16-2006, 02:20 AM
We'll trade Tony Boscelli for the Colts first. That'd be great.

threetoedpete
03-16-2006, 08:19 AM

There you go froggie. Interjecting logic on to this board is like trin to heard cats.

If indy offered, CC would break his leg trin' to get to the computer to type out the press release befor Dungy & Co. could change their minds. Couple of very good RB prospects to be had at the end of the first round.
We're in the dead zone. That's where this stuff comes from.:pigfly:

U4ikrob
03-16-2006, 09:06 AM
IF I were GM - I would do the deal in a heartbeat. DD has had the injury bug since he got here. Sure he's a good rb that still produced back to back 1000 yard seasons, but not one that cant be replaced fairly easily. With Bush, Morency and Wells we would have a nice compliment of backs to work in Kubiaks offense - DD is expendable and if we could get a 1st rounder - now would be the time to do it.

HoustonFrog
03-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Because they were 28 and wanted 30-60 mill dollar contracts:brickwall

I'm talking pure pick value for a player. You kind of proved my point. With those contracts, people are offering less and these days almost any player we have talked about has a large contract. It isn't like Carr or DD has shown anything to be worth their contracts. DD has shown more than Carr. Teams don't trade high picks for middle of the road guys but they will take a chance on a QB who has been good and who has sniffed success, injury or not. Look at Brees' new contract.

HoustonFrog
03-16-2006, 10:48 PM
There you go froggie. Interjecting logic on to this board is like trin to heard cats.

LOL:ok:

Oilers/Texans
03-16-2006, 11:04 PM
No way. Don't get rid of Davis!!

TexansFanatic
03-17-2006, 12:25 AM
OK, so now we've got our own pick at #1 overall, Denver's two firsts, a first rounder from New England for signing Peek, and this #1 for Davis....This is really starting to shape up. Is 5 first rounders in one year a record?

uhcougar08
03-17-2006, 09:33 AM
No way. Don't get rid of Davis!!

I want to see why you want to keep a back that is always ailing with something when we are going to draft Bush?

I would give him up for a first rounder in a heartbeat.