PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Changing Uniforms

Vinny
03-15-2006, 02:21 AM
Too bad for the Viking fans. Looks like we have Les Alexander North brewing.

Vikings | Team changing uniforms
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:46:00 -0800 | www.kffl.com

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings will be wearing new uniforms for the 2006 season. Steve LaCroix, Vikings vice president of sales and marketing, confirmed the uniform change, although he declined to say to what extent. "We are working with the NFL and Reebok on some exciting changes for the 2006 season. The process is still continuing, but we'll look to have an unveiling later in the offseason for our fans," he said.

Carr Bombed
03-15-2006, 02:33 AM
New Owner, new Coach, new QB, and new uniforms, seems like they want to change the whole face of the franchise.

HOOK'EM
03-15-2006, 06:50 AM
......how about putting a Bull or the state of Texas on the sleeve of the Texans jerseys. They could even put our logo or a star on the back, above the players name like the New Cards jerseys.:texflag:

cap1
03-15-2006, 07:48 AM
New Owner, new Coach, new QB, and new uniforms, seems like they want to change the whole face of the franchise.

Could not have said it better myself.

chuckm
03-15-2006, 08:42 AM
I always loved the purple ones ... hated the white ones ...

Texans_Chick
03-15-2006, 09:21 AM
I didn't like their recent unis. It looked like the helmets were a different color than the unis.

And the color was too bluey and not purpley enough.

And now for a story on myself. For the Vikings game, I sat front row end zone, right next to the BP. And I had various signs with me, including one I held up as the Vikings ran in that said "Real Men Don't Wear Purple."

So a couple of the special teams Vikes players were doing sprints to where we were and one looks up at the sign and says, "Oh yeah, well you look like a man, baby."

LOL. Admittedly,that outfit was so over the top that it did look a little tranny.

Though real men probably shouldn't wear too much purple, it would be sick if they got further away from their purple. That and I like their helmets.

I guess they will be alright as long as they don't end up in navy pinstripes.

Lucky
03-15-2006, 10:17 AM
No Moss. No Culpepper. Who's going to buy any of these new jerseys?

It would be a crime against all that does not suck if the Vikes change their helmet. Best helmet in the NFL.

chuckm
03-15-2006, 10:23 AM
It would be a crime against all that does not suck if the Vikes change their helmet. Best helmet in the NFL.

I know this is easy for me to say, living here in Houston, but does anyone else miss the days of Metropolitan Stadium, snow covered, Purple People Eaters, both teams on the same side of the field (I think), .... that was football

TexansCM
03-15-2006, 12:48 PM
I know this is easy for me to say, living here in Houston, but does anyone else miss the days of Metropolitan Stadium, snow covered, Purple People Eaters, both teams on the same side of the field (I think), .... that was football

I grew up in Minnesota and the old Met was tore down when I was still pretty young, but both teams were on the same sidelines. One thing you will not see is another open roof stadium in Minnesota, it is too damn cold for their fans. Texans are my team but I get Sunday ticket to watch the Vikes and went to Green Bay this year for the Vikes Packers. I laugh every time someone on this board complains about sitting in the sun at the Texans game. Try Green Bay, football is about the elements that is why there are the Ice Bowls and the snow in the NE and Denver. I agree the Vikes helmet is a classic.

gwallaia
03-15-2006, 12:52 PM
I laugh every time someone on this board complains about sitting in the sun at the Texans game. Try Green Bay, football is about the elements that is why there are the Ice Bowls and the snow in the NE and Denver.

Sunny 125 degrees with no wind or blustery sub zero blast. Which one is more fun?

chuckm
03-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Sunny 125 degrees with no wind or blustery sub zero blast. Which one is more fun?

I can say that I've never had the pleasure of a sub zero game but I was there at the Pittsburgh game last year. We're only in the sun for about a quarter, otherwise we would've roasted ....

aj.
03-15-2006, 01:12 PM
The insult of moving the team indoors in '84 or whenever it was, is only surpassed by the fact that they built the Mall of America over the site of the Met Stadium where the Vikes and Twins played, and the old Met Sports Center where the North Stars played NHL hockey..

mancunian
03-15-2006, 01:22 PM

snow, mud, rain and wind are more fun than 125 degree blazing sun

TexansCM
03-15-2006, 01:40 PM
The insult of moving the team indoors in '84 or whenever it was, is only surpassed by the fact that they built the Mall of America over the site of the Met Stadium where the Vikes and Twins played, and the old Met Sports Center where the North Stars played NHL hockey..

Actually the Mall wasn't built on top of the Met Sports Center where the North Stars played, but just recently they built an Ikea there it was a parking lot:)

bigTEXan8
03-15-2006, 02:52 PM
http://www.albertspage.it/sigle_tv/foto/Love_Boat02.jpg

MINNESOTA LOVE BOATS

Texans_Chick
03-15-2006, 03:36 PM
My grandmother was a huge Vikings fan and my mom is still one.

As a child, I thought the team name was "Dem Damn Vinkinks" given the way my accented grandmother talked about them--Fran and those lost Superbowls.

It is sad was has become of that franchise.

Double Barrel
03-15-2006, 05:27 PM
As a decedent of a village that was raided by the Vikings back in the day, I am offended by this team name. They need to change it to the Minnesota Corn Flakes to make my village happy. ;)

Trap_Star
03-15-2006, 05:35 PM
As a decedent of a village that was raided by the Vikings back in the day, I am offended by this team name. They need to change it to the Minnesota Corn Flakes to make my village happy. ;)

LoL, I would'nt be surprised if they have a YELLOW alternate jersey.:hide: