PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn Johnson or Eric Moulds

barzilla
03-14-2006, 05:45 PM
I've made no bones about the fact that I'm a baseball guy first and foremost, so if this suggestion is out of whack feel free to shoot it down. Does anyone else think we should consider one of these two?

Johnson was cut today and Moulds has demanded his release, so it should be coming soon. I realize that both might be under the delusion that they are number one recievers, but maybe one of them would be reasonable. I would presume they could provide what Givens would have for less.

Lucky
03-14-2006, 05:58 PM
...I realize that both might be under the delusion that they are number one recievers, but maybe one of them would be reasonable. I would presume they could provide what Givens would have for less.
I'm leaning to the delusional and unreasonable. Heavy on the delusional for Meshawn.

Tale Gator
03-14-2006, 05:59 PM
I think Moulds has more left in the tank than KJ.

done88
03-14-2006, 06:03 PM
As a number two reciever both of those guys would be great. The problem is both want to be number ones and that is not an option. Besides WR is not a problem position for the Texans. Recievers can't catch the ball if it is not thrown. The reason they have so many drops is the few times David does get the ball in the air it surprises them and lose concentration. For this team to be successful the sacks need to be addressed. NOT by recievers, NOT by running backs, but by the O-line and the quarter back. Until both are held responsiable and start to perform at an average level (at least) then we could have jerry rice in his prime to pair up with Johnson and still be a crap team.

Texans34Life
03-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Actually, the Cowgirls have interest in Moulds and T.O....ridiculous.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11827446/

Another intriguing replacement Dallas might consider is Buffalo’s Eric Moulds, who had some of his best years playing for Cowboys quarterback Drew Bledsoe when they were teammates from 2002-04. Moulds’ personal adviser told The Associated Press on Monday that the receiver has asked to be traded or released. He has two years left on a contract that’s scheduled to pay him more than $7.1 million next season.

el toro
03-14-2006, 06:14 PM
You'll need better receivers if you are improving the blocking, which is something the team is clearly after in free agency. Either would be nice as a #2 man.

Bubbajwp
03-14-2006, 06:26 PM
As a number two reciever both of those guys would be great. The problem is both want to be number ones and that is not an option. Besides WR is not a problem position for the Texans. Recievers can't catch the ball if it is not thrown. The reason they have so many drops is the few times David does get the ball in the air it surprises them and lose concentration. For this team to be successful the sacks need to be addressed. NOT by recievers, NOT by running backs, but by the O-line and the quarter back. Until both are held responsiable and start to perform at an average level (at least) then we could have jerry rice in his prime to pair up with Johnson and still be a crap team.
We only have 3 WR AJ, Jerome Mathis and Armstrong. So WR is definetly a need.
And I hope you were joking about the drops. Because that is the worst excuse I have ever heard. I dont think it was a secret that AJ had questionable hands coming out of school and ofcourse we had CBradford.

Ibar_Harry
03-14-2006, 06:42 PM
We only have 3 WR AJ, Jerome Mathis and Armstrong. So WR is definetly a need.
And I hope you were joking about the drops. Because that is the worst excuse I have ever heard. I dont think it was a secret that AJ had questionable hands coming out of school and ofcourse we had CBradford.

AJ is a long way from being a true #1 go to type of receiver. That always gets everyone mad at me, but at this point in time he is not a TO or MOSS. Yes, he has a lot of capability, but he really hasn't shown he is a guy who can get it consistantly despite all of the defense that surrounds him. TO and MOSS can and do get the ball in situations that are just unbelievable. AJ has yet to show that. I believe the biggest single reason is his hands which I have always questioned. You are either gifted or you are not. Physically AJ is awesome, but his hands leave a lot to be desired. Actually, I think of AJ as a number 2 receiver and that we really need a number 1 WR.

If you want the fur to fly I would suggest the eagles have made TO available and we could pick him up, but he wouldn't probably like our money offer. I would think someone like Kubiak actually could handle TO and TO has been stomped on so much that he might be ready to pull his horns in. He would be an interesting acquisition.

Coach C.
03-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Neither. They are both solid guys. Moulds is still able to make plays, but Keyshawn is little more than a small TE except maybe slower. Look for us to take a run at some guys on the first day of the draft. Thinking Stovall, Marshall, Webb, and Hass.

TheIz
03-14-2006, 07:13 PM
can anyone tell me why Keyshawn didn't come into the league till he was 24? Seems kinda weird....... Anyway, I don't think these guys would be worth the money they would be asking for - although KJ wasn't set to earn too much this year ($3.15m?). :fans:

Bubbajwp
03-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Didnt Keyshawn say he was going to retire when he turned 30.

I would like to bring in KJ for a decent price and for only about 3 years. We could have the KILLER J'S - AJ, KJ, JM, Jeb P, I guess its a sign that we need to draft either Jay Cutler or AJ Hawk.:bag: Ok so Im wierd

kcwilson
03-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Can you imagine what would happen if Keyshawn started yelling at Carr on the sideline. Pass.

Moulds has something in the tank and might be an interesting mentor for Mathis, which I would like to have around. Definitely a #2 role though... wouldn't pay that much for him, and someone else likely will, so he ain't parking his Caddy in Reliant.

tulexan
03-14-2006, 08:15 PM
I'd pass on Meshawn.

If we wanted to go after a headache, we might as well go after T.O.

TexanFan881
03-14-2006, 08:53 PM
MESHAWN HITS THE MARKET

The Dallas Cowboys have terminated the contract of receiver Keyshawn Johnson, avoiding a $1 million roster bonus and saving $1.5 million in 2006 cap space.

Johnson, 33, is now free to sign with any team.

The No. 1 overall pick in the 1996 draft is an intriguing addition to an offseason with slim pass-catching pickings on the open market or in the draft. The Packers and Eagles could be immediately interested.

Other possibilities include Buffalo, New England, Miami, Baltimore, Houston, Carolina, and Chicago.

I wouldn't mind having him :challenge

edo783
03-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Pass on both.

TexansTrueFan
03-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Actually, the Cowgirls have interest in Moulds and T.O....ridiculous.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11827446/

hmm they trying to load up for or game against them next season,,,well so our we boys load the cannons with weaver and cook,,,,awww ok load the BB gun :brickwall

keyfro
03-14-2006, 10:08 PM
i think the team will opt to re-sign gaffney and sign kevin walter rather than throw money at either of these guys...remember there are plenty of quality recievers out there in FA...another older guy who could help this team is keenan mccardell...houston native...i know i know homer

Oilers/Texans
03-14-2006, 11:13 PM
I think Johnson would be nice, but the Texans won't sign him. They will go and get the Sage Rosenfels of WRs and throw big money at him. The guy with little success at the receiver position but has logged time on special teams and is young with lots of untapped "potential!!":brickwall

TexanFanInCC
03-14-2006, 11:18 PM
I've made no bones about the fact that I'm a baseball guy first and foremost, so if this suggestion is out of whack feel free to shoot it down. Does anyone else think we should consider one of these two?

Johnson was cut today and Moulds has demanded his release, so it should be coming soon. I realize that both might be under the delusion that they are number one recievers, but maybe one of them would be reasonable. I would presume they could provide what Givens would have for less.

id take moulds any day. keyshawn is a locker room cancer and a bad image for any franchise.

Oilers/Texans
03-14-2006, 11:27 PM
T.O. will not be a Houston Texan because of all the well documented reasons, but would you want him anyway? I would.

thunderkyss
03-14-2006, 11:30 PM
I think Keyshawn would be a good pickup...... I want Gaffney.. but If we can sign Key, even for more money than what we offered Givens...... I like him. He runs off at the mouth, but he's a high character guy. He's a leader, and he's a motivator. I don't think he was a big producer in Dallas, but I don't blame him for that.

AJ is a number one. I can't believe the name dropping we're getting around here. "He's not a T.O., or he's not a Moss........" He is every bit as good as T.O. and Moss hasn't been as good as Moss for the last two years, unless you're talking about Santana.....

Either you get a #2 reciever, or a QB who can stay on his feet, and improvise a bit(Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Donavan McNabb) and AJ will go to the ProBowl........ wait a minute, he's already done that with what he's got...... Yeah, he's everybit as good as T.O. ............. only faster.

TexansTrueFan
03-15-2006, 12:26 AM
T.O is like poision ivy sure it might look good, but touch it and it will hurt you. Who would want a guy like that on our team ? I mean first the 49ers, than the eagles. how many more teams and team mates does he have to disrespect before people/teams stop thinking he can change. i mean "you cant teach an old dog new tricks"

Mightymike
03-15-2006, 12:38 AM
AJ is a long way from being a true #1 go to type of receiver. That always gets everyone mad at me, but at this point in time he is not a TO or MOSS. Yes, he has a lot of capability, but he really hasn't shown he is a guy who can get it consistantly despite all of the defense that surrounds him. TO and MOSS can and do get the ball in situations that are just unbelievable. AJ has yet to show that. I believe the biggest single reason is his hands which I have always questioned. You are either gifted or you are not. Physically AJ is awesome, but his hands leave a lot to be desired. Actually, I think of AJ as a number 2 receiver and that we really need a number 1 WR.

If you want the fur to fly I would suggest the eagles have made TO available and we could pick him up, but he wouldn't probably like our money offer. I would think someone like Kubiak actually could handle TO and TO has been stomped on so much that he might be ready to pull his horns in. He would be an interesting acquisition.

are TO & Moss the only #1 go to type of receiver

thunderkyss
03-15-2006, 01:04 AM
nah..... they're becoming old school, and fast.

Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, and Joe Horn(my personal favorite) are the new breed. Marvin Harris.......... it's kinda hard to say. He's got Peyton Manning. he's good, no doubt... one of the best. HOF....... most likely...... but he's got Peyton. Heck, Peyton would make me look like a legit #3, and I'm 6'4", 280lbs...

AJ goes on that list, but since we are comparing AJ to other #1s.......

Nighthawk
03-15-2006, 05:04 AM
The reason they have so many drops is the few times David does get the ball in the air it surprises them and lose concentration.

Good one.

J-Storm
03-15-2006, 05:45 AM
We're not gonna get Moulds, Keyshawn, TO or anyone else of that calibre if we couldn't get Givens here. We have had our shot and obv not wanted to bring in the guys available or they haven't wanted to come here (being the cellar dwellers of the league with a great record of 2-14 tends to make that happen)...

If i was forced out of those 2 to have a run at realistically... Moulds just gets the nod over Keyshawn!

barzilla
03-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Fair enough. As much as fans hate this, it would seem that the best way to go is make sure we DON'T go full bore this year so we can position ourselves to be in good shape next off-season. There are always players available and if we can somehow make the jump to 6-10 or 7-9 then we can get the reputation of being a team on the rise. Yet this time we will be adding to a 7-9 team instead of subtracting.

adrianshrev
03-15-2006, 11:27 AM
:twocents: try checking out lee mays/steelers think he was on ir last yr been in league for 4 yrs now and is ufa can get cheaper than both kj and moulds..just a thought since cap always comes into ??????????:twocents:

bigTEXan8
03-15-2006, 11:32 AM
I hate Keyshawn with a passion, so I don't want him anywhere near this team. Granted, he's not as bad as TO, but still, guy is a ****. I stand up and cheer every time he gets layed out. I'd rather throw Mathis into the fire and have him be the #2 guy. Granted, Moulds wants a lot of money, but I'd rather give him more money than let Key anywhere near this team.

rafterticket
03-15-2006, 01:13 PM
In the area of mouth vs talent, T.O. is still 2 to 1 in mouths favor. Keyshawn is about 5 to 1 in favor of mouth.

I think he's been overrated for a few years.

Texas
03-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Dallas released him to the FA today. I beleive he is another receiver that could be a strong #2 for us. I mean it would be hard to take both AJ and KJ out. KJ can get up and over and definitely catch a pass. He's moving up in age but didnt demand to much $$ from dallas this past season. I beleive he would be a good addition to our team for a #2 WR. Hopefully our Staff will find a way to grab one legit WR out of the FA

Double Barrel
03-15-2006, 09:16 PM
The question is did Parcels reign in KJ's attitude, or is he a mature player under any coach now? IMO, attitude has always been his biggest drawback.

He's a good possession receiver, though. I'd prefer they get more speed to deepen the field, but I can see the merit of a KJ-type player on the team. Like you mentioned, he would probably come at cheap price.

samomin
03-15-2006, 09:20 PM
He is not that much of a downfield threat. And if we get a reliable TE we won't need a possession type reciever that much I think.