PDA

View Full Version : TO Released

PapaL
03-14-2006, 03:40 PM
On ESPNnews right now. Article from CNNSI:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/03/14/bc.fbn.eagles.owens.ap/index.html

Blake
03-14-2006, 03:46 PM
At this point, I'd take him.

chuckm
03-14-2006, 03:48 PM
At this point, I'd take him.

for the vet minimum and a contract chock full of bail out "team distraction" language ..... let's do it

TEXANS84
03-14-2006, 03:48 PM
Hehe, lets roll. Imagine an offense with Johnson, Bush, and Owens. Unstoppable.

PapaL
03-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Someone else to yell at Carr. TO, "Throw me the damn ball" DC, "Block someone!"

TexanFan881
03-14-2006, 03:57 PM
How much do you guys think he'll want

Blake
03-14-2006, 03:59 PM
He wont come here. He wants a star QB to throw to him, and he wants a SB contender. We have neither.

I see him going to Denver.

chuckm
03-14-2006, 04:02 PM
He wont come here. He wants a star QB to throw to him, and he wants a SB contender. We have neither.

I agree ... and we missed a bullet ....

c5demon
03-14-2006, 04:08 PM
I'd throw Dallas in the mix of teams.

Kaiser Toro
03-14-2006, 04:10 PM
One team's garbage is another team's headache.

Blake
03-14-2006, 04:15 PM
One team's garbage is another team's headache.

I will put up with Owens, if it means I get 1200 yards, and 10 touchdowns.

Im tired of missing out in FA, because we are scared to go after someone who isnt of the Highest Class.

Like someone said earlier. I would take an offense with Carr, Davis, Bush, Johnson, and Owens.

Yeah, we may lose him in 2 years. But hey, it will be one hell of a couple of years.

Bubbajwp
03-14-2006, 04:20 PM
I think he will end up in dallas. This tim nobody will hit him when he stands in the middle of the star.

Double Barrel
03-14-2006, 05:13 PM
No way do I want the TO cancer on our team. No way, no way, no way!!

We've got enough problems to worry about. TO would disrupt the team before it even gets a chance to gel.

Whoever gets him will need to be an established team that just needs one peice of the puzzle to get over the hump. My money would be on Denver.

MorKnolle
03-15-2006, 10:28 AM

If you can't get along with Donovan McNabb as your QB, who are you going to get along with. I'd say Denver is probably the most likely, but Dallas is definitely a possibility too, and with them cutting Keyshawn Johnson they could very well be clearing room for him and know more about his intentions than we do.

Dunta_23
03-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Kansas City is rumoured to be the leader in the TO sweepstakes...I truly believe that somebody is going pay him ALOT more than the vet. minimum...he is going to get paid...I would love to see him here on a 2 year deal with a club option for more...but its not going to happen...wish it would...but it wont

MorKnolle
03-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Kansas City is rumoured to be the leader in the TO sweepstakes...I truly believe that somebody is going pay him ALOT more than the vet. minimum...he is going to get paid...I would love to see him here on a 2 year deal with a club option for more...but its not going to happen...wish it would...but it wont

I've heard Denver, Kansas City and Dallas are all leading the race for him, so who knows at this point, just speculation from ESPN and all of them so no matter where he goes they can say they predicted it, just like Mel Kiper and the draft. Either way, like they were saying on SportsCenter last night I wouldn't expect to see him signed for a couple weeks as Rosenhaus waits and tries to drag more teams into being interested for him and driving up the asking price.

4th&inches
03-15-2006, 06:06 PM
It seems like Dallas made a move by releasing Keyshawn but they also cut him due to the fact that he was about to get $1 mill. From what I heard though Dallas cut him thinking that they would see if they could get TO and if they couldn't get him then they would work out another contract with Keyshawn and save the $1 mill.

Also KC said they would give him a one year deal but I dont think he'll go for that and Denver is the other option but I'm not sure what they are willing to pay.

I hope he goes to Dallas and the first touchdown he scores he runs out to the star...lol