PDA

View Full Version : Lions get a new QB too

Errant Hothy
03-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Lions | Kitna lands four-year deal
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:01:44 -0800

ESPNews reports the Detroit Lions have signed QB Jon Kitna to a four-year deal. Financial terms are not currently available.

per www.kffl.com

Yet another QB who could immeadietly help his team.

Tuesday, March 14, QB Tuesday? Is there some kind of cosmic imbalancve leading to all this?

ANd just think several guys could be cut later today.

Ihategeeks
03-14-2006, 05:37 PM
PRAISE BE TO JESUS

Kitna isn't the Cats Meow, but he sure is better than Joey. NO QUESTION.

HOOK'EM
03-15-2006, 06:07 AM
........so its bye bye Bloey Harrington! :)

MorKnolle
03-15-2006, 09:43 AM
I think Martz is counting on Joey Harrington to lead the team now but wanted that solid backup in case Harrington falters. Either way I think that rules out them drafting a QB in the 1st round for sure, and probably even the first two rounds. I originially had them taking Omar Jacobs in the 2nd, but with Harrington and Kitna I don't see that happening now. It will be interesting to see what happens with the QBs at the top of the draft now with Brees going to the Saints too. Barring a trade with another team I think that means Leinart goes to the Titans at #3, then the Raiders take either Vince or Cutler, I think at this point probably Cutler since they haven't replaced Collins yet and need a QB that can make more of an immediate impact, and I think they'd prefer his type of QB (i.e. more of a strong armed passer rather than an athlete) with Randy Moss and Jerry Porter, but Al Davis has been known to throw a wrench into things, so it will be interesting to see what they do on April 29.

Ihategeeks
03-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I think Martz is counting on Joey Harrington to lead the team now but wanted that solid backup in case Harrington falters. Either way I think that rules out them drafting a QB in the 1st round for sure, and probably even the first two rounds. I originially had them taking Omar Jacobs in the 2nd, but with Harrington and Kitna I don't see that happening now. It will be interesting to see what happens with the QBs at the top of the draft now with Brees going to the Saints too. Barring a trade with another team I think that means Leinart goes to the Titans at #3, then the Raiders take either Vince or Cutler, I think at this point probably Cutler since they haven't replaced Collins yet and need a QB that can make more of an immediate impact, and I think they'd prefer his type of QB (i.e. more of a strong armed passer rather than an athlete) with Randy Moss and Jerry Porter, but Al Davis has been known to throw a wrench into things, so it will be interesting to see what they do on April 29.

Martz and Joey havn't been buddy buddy and the Lions are still shopping for a QB after signing Kitna.

Joey is as good as cut.