PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees signs with NO

ThaShark316
03-14-2006, 01:01 PM
YES!!!! No Vince to Titans! (I hope not lol)

Saints | Six-year deal reached with Brees
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:45:18 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have reached a six-year deal with free agent QB Drew Brees (Chargers). Financial terms of the deal are not yet available.

Errant Hothy
03-14-2006, 01:02 PM
DELETE ME, PLEASE!!!!!

Thank you that is all.

Runner
03-14-2006, 01:03 PM
YES!!!! No Vince to Titans! (I hope not lol)

Saints | Six-year deal reached with Brees
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:45:18 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have reached a six-year deal with free agent QB Drew Brees (Chargers). Financial terms of the deal are not yet available.

This will have a major effect on the draft.

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious

Lucky
03-14-2006, 01:06 PM
This will have a major effect on the draft.

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious
Brees worked well with Antonio Gates. I wonder if the Saints might look at Vernon Davis? He seems to be very hot right now.

Texans Horror
03-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Sounds like somebody is headed to Oakland. Can you imagine VY throwing to Randy Moss?

Errant Hothy
03-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Brees worked well with Antonio Gates. I wonder if the Saints might look at Vernon Davis? He seems to be very hot right now.

at #2? I hope not, still more impactful guys avilable, we can no longer trade down and hope to still get Reggie though. If they trade down, which might be easier for the Saints then us, Davis could definitly be a target; and a good one to.

thunderkyss
03-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Don't the Saints have a pretty good tight end??

Zach Hilton & Ernie Conwell?? I know they aren't Antonio Gates, and Tony Gonzales, but they get the job done.

Carr Bombed
03-14-2006, 01:33 PM
This is a major blow to our trade down possibilities, New Orleans holds all the trade down cards now, since teams know the Saints aren't looking for a QB, they no longer have to trade up to the #1 spot to get one.

Coach C.
03-14-2006, 01:34 PM
They also have Boo Williams I think. This means the Saints will look to trade down, but if they do not get a quality offer they will take D'Brick or Mario Williams with the number 2 pick, at the moment it is likely Mario they are targeting.

HomeBred_Texan
03-14-2006, 01:36 PM
This is a major blow to our trade down possibilities, New Orleans holds all the trade down cards now, since teams know the Saints aren't looking for a QB, they no longer have to trade up to the #1 spot to get one.
The Saints is gonna land a brick.....

They will shore up there O-Line now, just watch.......

F-minus67
03-14-2006, 01:41 PM
The Saints released Boo Williams and John Clayton is talking about them taking Mario Williams.

Errant Hothy
03-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Saints | Shopping the No. 2 pick
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:09:11 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New Orleans Saints are now trying to trade the No. 2 pick in the NFL Draft because they no longer are in need of selecting a quarterback.

per...ah heck you guys know by now.

The Jets may want to jump the Titans to get the QB they want, and teh Saints will more then likely ask for less then we will.

Lucky
03-14-2006, 01:48 PM
at #2?
I don't think there is a clearly defined #2 pick, now. Leinart & Young seem to be slipping. Maybe Mario Williams. Maybe Ferguson. Davis is shooting up draft boards. Heck, it could be AJ Hawk after all of the evaluations are done. Looks wide open, to me.

BTW, 2 of the Saints very best players are the DEs Charles Grant & Will Smith.

Carr Bombed
03-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Saints | Shopping the No. 2 pick
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:09:11 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New Orleans Saints are now trying to trade the No. 2 pick in the NFL Draft because they no longer are in need of selecting a quarterback.

per...ah heck you guys know by now.

The Jets may want to jump the Titans to get the QB they want, and teh Saints will more then likely ask for less then we will. See the value of our pick just dropped tremendously.

Boy did I call that one.

nunusguy
03-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Its all about Reggie now: depends on how bad we want him and how bad
other team(s) might want him. Our first pick still has some trade value for
teams interested in Bush, but it has been substantially devalued with the
Saints no longer needing to draft a QB.

thunderkyss
03-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I don't think there is a clearly defined #2 pick, now. Leinart & Young seem to be slipping. Maybe Mario Williams. Maybe Ferguson. Davis is shooting up draft boards. Heck, it could be AJ Hawk after all of the evaluations are done. Looks wide open, to me.

BTW, 2 of the Saints very best players are the DEs Charles Grant & Will Smith.

Right... If I were them, I'd stay @ #2, and take D'Brick.......... gotta protect Drew's Shoulder.

whiskeyrbl
03-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Saints | Contract update: D. Brees
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:21:57 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees agreed to a six-year, $60 million contract that included a $10 million signing bonus to join the Saints
www.kffl.com

Trenches
03-14-2006, 01:54 PM
does the possibility of somebody trading up to get Reggie Bush not exist? he is 'the best prospect in the draft' and 'the most exciting player to come out in years'.

and If nobody value's a RB that high to move up to #1 to get him then I have to question why we are going to take him when a) we already have a RB and b) we have huge needs along both lines and there are two stud linemen on the board.

tulexan
03-14-2006, 02:00 PM
There is a big difference between having the opportunity to draft a player like Reggie Bush and giving up several picks to get a player like Reggie Bush.

No one will trade up because the teams at the top of the draft have just as many (if not more) holes then we do.

Peldon
03-14-2006, 02:13 PM
I think our only hope to trade down is if two teams, say the Jets and Titans, fall madly in love with the same player. The Jets would try to trade with NO to get above the Titans. So if the Titans still wanted him that badly they would have to trade with us. That is a really long shot that has virtually no chance of happening. The only other possibility I see is if someone wanted Reggie that badly. I think we are stuck with the number 1 pick whether we like it or not.

Trenches
03-14-2006, 02:17 PM
I think our only hope to trade down is if two teams, say the Jets and Titans, fall madly in love with the same player. The Jets would try to trade with NO to get above the Titans. So if the Titans still wanted him that badly they would have to trade with us. That is a really long shot that has virtually no chance of happening. The only other possibility I see is if someone wanted Reggie that badly. I think we are stuck with the number 1 pick whether we like it or not.

or if the Jets really want Bush.

Big B Texan Fan
03-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Anyone think K. Collins will get picked up by NO sine he and S. Payton he\ave history together??

Lucky
03-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Anyone think K. Collins will get picked up by NO sine he and S. Payton he\ave history together??
After giving Brees a $10 million bonus?

thunderkyss
03-14-2006, 02:31 PM
There is a big difference between having the opportunity to draft a player like Reggie Bush and giving up several picks to get a player like Reggie Bush.

No one will trade up because the teams at the top of the draft have just as many (if not more) holes then we do.

No one has what we want... If Kubiak thinks like the people on this board, we don't want to go lower than 5... something complicated and twisted is going to have to happen. Like We take both of Denver's #1s, then trade those to the jets......

If nothing else, it just got more complicated.....

Bullpen Drew
03-14-2006, 02:31 PM
I think Leinart is going to the Jets

LikeABoss
03-14-2006, 05:33 PM
This is huge news for Saints fans like myself.

Now I just hope that no one will trade with us and we stay @ 2 and take A.J. Hawk.

Things is starting to look real bright in the Crescent city:thumbup

TEXANS84
03-14-2006, 05:39 PM
You think our threads get long, look at the Chargers/Brees thread: 782 pages and going!

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=28710

MorKnolle
03-15-2006, 09:50 AM
I think Leinart is going to the Jets

I think the Titans would take Leinart at #2, and with the Jets resigning Pennington and making moves to possibly get Patrick Ramsey or a couple other veteran backups, I wouldn't expect them to take a QB in the 1st round anyways. Thy could look to trade up for Bush, but I think they'll stay at #4 and take Mario or D'Brick if one of them falls, and if they somehow go #2/3 then they could look to trade down.

This is huge news for Saints fans like myself.

Now I just hope that no one will trade with us and we stay @ 2 and take A.J. Hawk.

Things is starting to look real bright in the Crescent city:thumbup

I don't think there is any way they take A.J. Hawk at #2, if they really like him that much they'd trade down a couple spots and take him there. After losing Darren Howard and reportedly being willing to move Charles Grant inside, I think they take Mario Williams at #2, and I'd hate to see Mario go to a team like the Saints, but I'd much prefer him go there than us having to see him twice a year in a Titans uniform. The Saints could possibly look at Ferguson too.

LikeABoss
03-15-2006, 06:39 PM
reportedly being willing to move Charles Grant inside

Where do you get this information from?

Because this is the first time I have ever heard anything like this.

and I'd hate to see Mario go to a team like the Saints

I could care less what team you would like to see Mario Williams play for:rolleyes:

Drew Brees is a Saint, YOU MAD?:loser :tv:

tulexan
03-15-2006, 07:07 PM
It will be very interesting to see what they do. Listening to the radio here, sounds like a lot of people either want Hawk or Williams.