PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hope?

TexanBacker93
03-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Has anyone seen or heard what is the deal with Chris Hope? I know some Texans fans had him on a wish list, but I haven't heard his name mentioned as a possibility here or anywhere. Anyone?

Coach C.
03-14-2006, 05:37 AM
the kid has talent, but he is asking for way more than he is worth. I was trumpeting this kid before he said he wanted to be paid like a top 5 safety in the league. DOnt need him, dont want him. Plus Anthony Weaver will make everything right.

TexanFan881
03-14-2006, 06:35 AM
He visited with the Titans yesterday.

Corrosion
03-14-2006, 09:03 AM
Pittsburgh said they would like to keep the guy but cant afford his price , He said he wanted top 5 safety money , not sure he's worth that .... lets hope the Texans stay out of this one.

DOnt need him, dont want him. Plus Anthony Weaver will make everything right.

I like the Weaver signing myself ..... But by no means do I think his signing alone will make everything right ..... He's a better run stopper than pass rusher .... though stopping the running game is the first step in having a good pass rush . 3rd and long ....
They do need a FS as both Earl and Brown are best suited to the SS position .... They need another corner in a bad way (P-Burnt as the #2?) .... and Wong likely wont be ready to go come opening day at MLB. Who's going to play OLB across from Greenwood with both Babin and Peek moving to DE ?

There are a lot of questionmarks still .....

TexanBacker93
03-14-2006, 09:46 AM
I hadn't heard he was looking at that kind of money. I agree that they should stay out of that race. There are some good FS prospects in the draft still. With an improved line and if either PBuc or a new CB can improve the defense around them Glenn and Earl did an adequate job together at the end of the last season. I think it's an area that can be improved, but not at that cost. Thanks.

dat_boy_yec
03-14-2006, 07:15 PM
What is his asking price? I heard he was in town today. I hope something comes from the meeting. We didn't land givens so 18.5 million contract is now open. I don't think he would get anywhere near that amount, but who knows.

TexanFan881
03-14-2006, 08:19 PM
What is his asking price? I heard he was in town today. I hope something comes from the meeting. We didn't land givens so 18.5 million contract is now open. I don't think he would get anywhere near that amount, but who knows.

Let's hope not