PDA

View Full Version : James signs with Cardinals

ThaShark316
03-12-2006, 01:50 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5405084

GREAT, GREAT pickup for the Cardinals. Edge is a beast and that offense just got 10 times better.

swtbound07
03-12-2006, 01:53 PM
holy crap.

Bubbajwp
03-12-2006, 01:54 PM

GREAT, GREAT pickup for the Cardinals. Edge is a beast and that offense just got 10 times better.
The Edge, L Fitz, A Bolden should be fun to watch next year. At least if your a Cardinals fan.

Bubbajwp
You can say bye bye to the colts play action.

Paragon Blue
Cardinals | E. James signs four-year contract
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:44:52 -0800

Updating previous reports, AZCardinals.com reports Arizona Cardinals RB Edgerrin James has signed a four-year contract with the team. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed in accordance with team policy.

Paragon Blue
03-12-2006, 01:55 PM
thank you get out of the AFC South:yahoo:

Mr. White
03-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Good for them, but AZ seems to me like the Bermuda Triangle of the NFL. Good players go there never to be heard from again....

Snapple
03-12-2006, 01:56 PM
This is good news indeed for the Titans, Jags, and Texans.

CITY CAT
03-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Why would Edge want to do something like that? I guess he doesn't care much about winning. With the Seahawks in that division and an unproven QB how can they make that work?:confused:

Trap_Star
03-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Why would Edge want to do something like that? I guess he doesn't care much about winning. With the Seahawks in that division and an unproven QB how can they make that work?:confused:

Warner unproven???? He has a SB ring...........They need to address their O-line, which was as bad if not worse than ours last year......

F-minus67
03-12-2006, 02:03 PM
The Cards could have been an average team last year but they could run the ball. Edge is going to make a huge impact for them next year.

Dunta_23
03-12-2006, 02:04 PM
They still have Kurt Warner for 3 years....2 of the best young wr's in the game...and all-pro RB...only if the D was as stacked...but they play in a weak division so maybe they can be a playoff team?

CITY CAT
03-12-2006, 02:09 PM
I forgot about Warner

Trap_Star
03-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey guys, do you think that the colts now might go after Jamal Lewis??:stirpot:

ThaShark316
03-12-2006, 02:17 PM

With who's money?

sakebomb
03-12-2006, 02:21 PM
This is the best free agent signing news I've heard so far. Get James as far away from the Texans as possible.

Why would Edge want to do something like that? I guess he doesn't care much about winning. With the Seahawks in that division and an unproven QB how can they make that work?

I personally think the division is pretty weak. Seattle of course gets their props but the Rams and 49ers aren't that great. The Cardinals can now use Edge to pound the defense and then use the play action to hit Fitzgerald and Boldin.

Trap_Star
03-12-2006, 02:21 PM
With who's money?

The Colts were willing to throw as much as they could at James, but since he has D.Rosenhause (sp?) as an agent, the chance at winning the SB next year was'nt enough.......

Dr. Toro
03-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Arizona is about to be nasty. They'll make things easy for Young or Cutler... unless they want to get ridiculous and grab Davis.

awtysst
03-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Arizona is about to be nasty. They'll make things easy for Young or Cutler... unless they want to get ridiculous and grab Davis.

I think they could go O-Line. They have a young Qb who is pretty solid. With the addition of Edge and a little Oline and look out. Arizona might become the Seattle of 06.

MorKnolle
03-12-2006, 02:30 PM
The Edge, L Fitz, A Bolden should be fun to watch next year. At least if your a Cardinals fan.

I agree, if they can solidify their OLine they should be a fun offense to watch next year, especially with all the lousy defenses in their division. I think they will look for the best OLineman available with their 2nd round pick and could very well take Vince Young at #10 to sit behind Kurt Warner for a couple years and see what his athleticism can bring to the offense in two years when Warner's deal expires.

Errant Hothy
03-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Dollar time:

However, sources told ESPN.com that James receives an immediate signing bonus of $7 million and an additional roster bonus of $4.5 million later this week.

The two-time NFL rushing champion's base salaries are $3.25 million for 2006, $5.25 million ('07), $5 million ('08) and $5 million ('09).

The deal will pay James $20 million over the first two years. By comparison, the $62 million contract signed last week by Shaun Alexander pays $18.5 million in the first two

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2365467

bigcarlos
03-12-2006, 02:47 PM
You can say bye bye to the colts play action.
:yahoo: :redtowel:

MorKnolle
03-12-2006, 02:52 PM

Not a chance, the Colts want a more versatile RB that can be a receiving threat too. I think one of the big four RBs in the draft (either DeAngelo Williams or Laurence Maroney) could definitely fall to #30 and they would take one of them.

Huge
03-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Dominic Rhodes is still a good RB. Not to mention that's a really deep position in this draft.

Somebody like Joseph Addai would look really good for Indy at the bottom of the first round.

mancunian
03-12-2006, 03:21 PM

they were pretty decent through the air anyway

DominickDavisFan76
03-12-2006, 03:48 PM
their is also a chance that they could end up with Omar Jacobs!! isnt that insane

Anquin Bolden
Larry Fitzgerald
Edgerrin James
Omar Jacobs

All on one offense

NFLTexans2002
03-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi, all Houston Texans fans! :) Here are a few links of Edgerrin James signing with the Arizona Cardinals. Edge and the Cardinals new stadium make a great combination!:rolleyes: :cool:

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=793

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0312james.html

DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net
03-12-2006, 04:21 PM
I think they could go O-Line. They have a young Qb who is pretty solid. With the addition of Edge and a little Oline and look out. Arizona might become the Seattle of 06.

Hold on there buddy
did u just call warner young?

bATXle red
03-12-2006, 04:27 PM
one move in arizona and our defense will already look better next season. how about that, didn't even have to sign anyone.

TheOgre
03-12-2006, 04:52 PM
James was a workhorse but he no longer seemed explosive. I think it was a smart non-move by Indy.

hot pickle
03-12-2006, 05:22 PM
I like this i've always liked the cards and i've always liked edge, and i thought that he didnt get enough credit in indy, so do your thang edge, good luck

Wild.Bill
03-12-2006, 06:08 PM
The Cardinals are going to change their fortunes. James is still a very good back and they NOW have the offense to make things very interesting. Good thing they are out of defision, but the Colt's, I think, will be able to replace him through free agency or the draft.

As long as the have Peyton, they will be great. In my opinion, he's the best quarterback since Elway.

TheTim5125
03-12-2006, 09:13 PM
i honestly can't believe this... i am shocked. but its good for us

Youngstown Colt
03-12-2006, 09:22 PM
I feel bad for Edge, I wanted him to go to a contender, honestly.
This was obviously a money move, and I'm rather suprised. But as long as the Cardinals have Kurt Warner, they will be garbage. So I just can't worry.

CITY CAT
03-12-2006, 09:46 PM
The Cardinals are going to change their fortunes. James is still a very good back and they NOW have the offense to make things very interesting. Good thing they are out of defision, but the Colt's, I think, will be able to replace him through free agency or the draft.

As long as the have Peyton, they will be great. In my opinion, he's the best quarterback since Elway.

He has got to win though... I mean a SB. In pressure situations he was always underthrowing recievers. Reggie Wayne is the "pressure player" on that team.

beerlover
03-12-2006, 09:51 PM
James was a workhorse but he no longer seemed explosive. I think it was a smart non-move by Indy.

I partially agree with you Ogre, but just how explosive did he need to be in the context of Mannings er' Indy's offense? early in the season when they sturng together that very impressive undeafeated winning streak they used him more as a primary weapon and he was effective. I would go so far as to say he was the key to the offense not Payton, maybe Manning started to get somewhat obsessed with his own productivity and got away from the early ball control offense that was so effective. In the end it meant the demise for Indy because they left James out of the main thrust of the game planning. Watching yet another loss in the playoffs, this time to the Steelers he was plainly open in the flat on a couple occasions yet Manning chose to go vertical ending in failure.

Endgerrin James was the most under-rated RB in the NFL this is a great signing for Arizona as they move into their new state of the art home. They do need to address their QB situation no doubt and if Cutler is on the board they select him with the 10th pick all those DeAngelo Williams Mock drafts including my own will now have to adjust as well.

This is a devastating loss for the Colts :thud:

chuckm
03-13-2006, 08:08 AM
in any case, we won't be seeing him for 4 seasons, so vaya con dios