PDA

View Full Version : Givens signs with Titans

Pages : 1 [2]

O.G.
03-14-2006, 01:23 PM
We need to quit playing around and resign Gaffney already.

I agree

Bubbajwp
03-14-2006, 01:35 PM
I think we should look at Mike Hass in the 3rd round and Jonathan Orr in the 4th round.

Errant Hothy
03-14-2006, 01:38 PM
I think we should look at Mike Hass in the 3rd round and Jonathan Orr in the 4th round.

I don't know if Orr makes it to the 4th round after his pro day. He ran a 4.25, which is on a fast track and all but it's still a bit of an eye-popper.

I'll see if I can dig up a link.

1:00 am) Some more news out of Wisconsin's pro day, wide receiver Jonathan Orr turned in a 4.24 40-yard dash. A full 2-tenths of a second faster then his 4.44 at the combine. It must be an awful fast track at Winconsin as earlier in the day we reported running back Brian Calhoun posted a 4.38 40. A little over 2-tenths of a second faster then his combine time of 4.62. Orr's time certainly makes Calhouns time a little less impressive. It's obvious that the Wisconsin track is faster then the combine track in Indy.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/proday.html

ComstockLode
03-14-2006, 02:01 PM
The Texans are on FIRE!!! We should be alot better next season!!!! Who needs Givens when you have the great signings we have so far?!?!

Snapple
03-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Fantastic. We still don't have a second receiver, and now all the good ones are off the board. Might as well get comfy at the bottom of the AFC South, guys. That's where we're staying.

kbourda
03-14-2006, 03:42 PM
It's refreshing to see a franchise keep to its roots (or shall I say former) by bringing quality players home.

aj.
03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Some of you guys are acting like we just lost out on Jerry Rice in his prime or something. It's freaking David Givens, good gawd. Just be glad it was someone else who pulled a Charley and overpaid for once. It shows how bad the Titans situation was at WR and how desperate they are.

thunderkyss
03-15-2006, 08:35 AM
So everyone would do better playing for the Patriots except Carr, That is a good one. Everyone but him. Too funny.
NEVER? we will see.

First, I didn't say anyone would be better playing for the Pats..... Gaffney would have the same #s, and you'd be on his jock.

No shell-shocked QB with limited Vision is going to improve their game by going to NewEngland. With Tom(I always want to call him Troy) Brady they average like 7 different recievers a game. With Drew Bledsoe, it was more like 3(ala the Cowboys 2005). With David Carr, it'll 3 or less..... David needs a #1, and a #2....... Tom Brady makes #1s & 2s... well #2s anyway, I don't think Branch is a #1........ I know, I know. You'd like to sign Branch to the Texans for $5mil/yr.

texan279
03-15-2006, 10:06 AM
from www.kffl.com

Patriots | Givens felt overlooked in New England
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 06:46:04 -0800

Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports former New England Patriots WR David Givens, now with the Tennessee Titans, felt he was an important cog in the team's offense yet often overlooked. Patriots LB Mike Vrabel got as much notice in the Patriots' postseason media guide for his three touchdown receptions as Givens did for his 59 receptions for the 2005 season, a career best.

What a crybaby, he's better off over in tacky valley...

TexanBacker93
03-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Some of you guys are acting like we just lost out on Jerry Rice in his prime or something. It's freaking David Givens, good gawd. Just be glad it was someone else who pulled a Charley and overpaid for once. It shows how bad the Titans situation was at WR and how desperate they are.

Exactly. Well put AJ. People are blinded by the fact that he's been on Super Bowl winning teams and he's from the area. He's no better than Gaffney, who half the town wanted gone. He's being paid in the #1 receiver class level. If he would have given the team a hometown discount it might have made sense. It's obvious he didn't care too much about coming home.

texan279
03-15-2006, 10:42 AM
They were talking about Givens a minute ago on NFL Total Access. They said in his first four season he made a little over 2 million total over his first four seasons, and just for signing the contract with the titans, he made 8.8 million guaranteed.

MorKnolle
03-15-2006, 11:14 AM
I agree, with Givens off the board teams are going to start taking a serious look at him

I think they want to resign him but aren't willing to give out a ton of money, and with Rosenhaus as his agent there's no telling what kind of deal they are wanting.

"Boy that Drew Rosenhaus really knows how to manage his players" - NFL Network, get your story straight commercial.

edo783
03-15-2006, 11:32 AM
"Boy that Drew Rosenhaus really knows how to manage his players" - NFL Network, get your story straight commercial.

Yea, the guys money!- NFL Network, get your story straight commercial.:pigfly:

Blake
03-15-2006, 11:59 AM
"I wish he'd be my agent"