PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker to the Packers, "I have no interest in being a Packer"

gtexan02
03-10-2006, 01:45 AM
This would be the perfect addition for us. Trade 1 to GB for Walker and their #5. He reunites with Sherman, and we have the most potent WR duo in the league!!! :drool: :drool:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969

TexansTrueFan
03-10-2006, 01:49 AM
This would be the perfect addition for us. Trade 1 to GB for Walker and their #5. He reunites with Sherman, and we have the most potent WR duo in the league!!! :drool: :drool:

now i like that idea, best one i've heard of.

WILLIEG
03-10-2006, 01:54 AM
I agree 110%

gtexan02
03-10-2006, 02:03 AM
PS: He's from Galveston, TX

kbourda
03-10-2006, 02:08 AM
Good for him. Maybe more players should do this.

Big B Texan Fan
03-10-2006, 02:10 AM
What was his relationship w/Sherman?
That could determine if he'll come or not.

Malloy
03-10-2006, 02:33 AM
GB needs a QB too this season, they could REALLY use the first pick :)

gtexan02
03-10-2006, 02:33 AM
What was his relationship w/Sherman?
That could determine if he'll come or not.

It looks like they didn't have a super relationship last year.

Sherman isn't about to let Walker's absence bog him down, and he insisted his team wouldn't, either.

"Distractions really have not been a problem for us," Sherman said. "... and I think it's a credit to the strength of our core leaders on this team. I just can't say enough about that core group of guys that I really, really trust."

That nucleus, Sherman said, includes quarterback Brett Favre, fullback William Henderson, running back Ahman Green, cornerback Al Harris and linebacker Na'il Diggs, among others.

Walker used to be in that circle of trust. Sherman drafted him in the first round in 2002, his first year out of Ron Wolf's shadow, and stuck with him through 1½ seasons of uneven play to help nurture him into one of the NFL's best deep threats.

But Sherman declined to say if Walker's actions stung him personally, repeating his intention of dwelling only on those players who will be reporting on time.

"The guys that are here are my focus, not the guys that aren't," Sherman said. "And that's the biggest difference between last year and this."

dirty steve
03-10-2006, 02:39 AM
GB needs a QB too this season, they could REALLY use the first pick :)

probably not. they drafted aaron rodgers with the 24th pick last year.

gtexan02
03-10-2006, 02:50 AM
They may not need a QB, but I don't think they'd mind picking up Reggie Bush. Green has been very injury prone and unreliable recently, and the one year contract given to him is not a vote of confidence by any means.

Texans Pride
03-10-2006, 03:02 AM
I could be very happy with that if we got the right player at the 5th.....Wonder if this is being talked about with the coaches?!

Big B Texan Fan
03-10-2006, 03:03 AM
They may not need a QB, but I don't think they'd mind picking up Reggie Bush. Green has been very injury prone and unreliable recently, and the one year contract given to him is not a vote of confidence by any means.
Yeah but they strike me as being interested in Edgerrin or some other proven guy who can help in blitz pick-up (If Favre stays)

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2006, 06:58 AM
I like Walker, but in my opinion we do not have a QB who can keep that type of personality in check. We have one of the quietest WR's in AJ and one of the quietest QB's in DC. Adding anything flammable to that sensitive mix will not be good. Its kind of like adding Richard Pryor to a Laurel and Hardy routine.

gtexan02
03-10-2006, 07:17 AM
I like Walker, but in my opinion we do not have a QB who can keep that type of personality in check. We have one of the quietest WR's in AJ and one of the quietest QB's in DC. Adding anything flammable to that sensitive mix will not be good. Its kind of like adding Richard Pryor to a Laurel and Hardy routine.

AJ Played at the U and trains with some of his old school teammates, so Im sure he's heard/seen worse than anything "TO Walker" can dish out. On the same note, though, i see where DC could have trouble bringing in a Walker personality. Maybe if we gave him more $$ or made sure Sherman kept him in check it would work. Im thinking DCs aggreeableness would be exactl what attracts Walker to somewhere like here. He's played with the icon, and didn't like it. Thats on reason why he's leaving

ON a different note, the people on the GB messageboard seem to think that his ACL injury coupled with his personality issues will result in his value being lowered dramatically (see D. Culpepper, Randy Moss, T. O., etc) They said that they imagine GB will be looking to land a 2nd round pick or something equivelent, therefore the offer of #1 for #5+J.W. would actually be a huge improvement for them. If they could offer us #5 + Walker + maybe a 3rd this year, I think its a great trade for us. I don't know why GB would go for the #1 spot, but if they did and took Bush, then Williams would probably fall to us at #5, and everyone would get what they wanted. Everyone over there on their board is pretty high on Williams, however, so I could potentially see them trading up in order to secure Williams, which might land us Bush at #5, and if not, maybe D'Brick

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2006, 07:53 AM
AJ Played at the U and trains with some of his old school teammates, so Im sure he's heard/seen worse than anything "TO Walker" can dish out. On the same note, though, i see where DC could have trouble bringing in a Walker personality. Maybe if we gave him more $$ or made sure Sherman kept him in check it would work. Im thinking DCs aggreeableness would be exactl what attracts Walker to somewhere like here. He's played with the icon, and didn't like it. Thats on reason why he's leaving

ON a different note, the people on the GB messageboard seem to think that his ACL injury coupled with his personality issues will result in his value being lowered dramatically (see D. Culpepper, Randy Moss, T. O., etc) They said that they imagine GB will be looking to land a 2nd round pick or something equivelent, therefore the offer of #1 for #5+J.W. would actually be a huge improvement for them. If they could offer us #5 + Walker + maybe a 3rd this year, I think its a great trade for us. I don't know why GB would go for the #1 spot, but if they did and took Bush, then Williams would probably fall to us at #5, and everyone would get what they wanted. Everyone over there on their board is pretty high on Williams, however, so I could potentially see them trading up in order to secure Williams, which might land us Bush at #5, and if not, maybe D'Brick

All good stuff, but fragile is as fragile does. Spin it all you like, but I do not see AJ and DC handling someone who speaks their mind all that well. Just who do you think JW would go after in the event he does not meet his or the team's expectations? And once he does that how will it effect those two and the rest of the team.

nunusguy
03-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Since when do we need a banged-up WR with a big mouth ? If he was a TE,
DE, OL. etc. it would make more sense. And its looking more and more like
the #5 pick would too late to pick either of our primary targets for
trading down - Ferguson and Williams very likely both now top 4 picks.

HomeBred_Texan
03-10-2006, 09:59 AM
He isnt worth trading the number 1 pick for.

Runner
03-10-2006, 10:12 AM
He isnt worth trading the number 1 pick for.

Unless they sweeten the deal with something else.

Out of the box idea - probably not a good one - include Favre for a year for mentoring? I know he isn't a big fan of helping out his replacement though.

I don't know much about Walker and his mouth, but I remember when the Spurs had the quiet duo of Duncan and Robinson - the addition of Mario Ellie and his attitude from Houston put them over the top to earn their first championship.

I would hate to lose out on the chance to draft Mario Williams though. I guess in the end I'm against the idea.

texan279
03-10-2006, 10:14 AM
I don't know any of the specifics as far as his attitude goes, but listening to Mike and Mike this morning which I was halfway listening to, that Brett Favre I think it was posted on an internet message board the hotel Javon Walker was staying at at one time so the fans could go tell him what they thought about the way he was handling his contract situation. Also Favre should have kept his mouth shut when Walker was going through his contract situation, he had no business speaking out about another player's money.

Runner
03-10-2006, 10:30 AM
I don't know any of the specifics as far as his attitude goes, but listening to Mike and Mike this morning which I was halfway listening to, that Brett Favre I think it was posted on an internet message board the hotel Javon Walker was staying at at one time so the fans could go tell him what they thought about the way he was handling his contract situation. Also Favre should have kept his mouth shut when Walker was going through his contract situation, he had no business speaking out about another player's money.

I stand corrected on my obviously bad idea.

ubecool454
03-10-2006, 10:44 AM
PS: He's from Galveston, TX
jevon walker may have been born in galveston but he was raised in Lafayette LA and played his highschool football there.:ok:

done88
03-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Maybe I'm off base but for a team who has a player demanding a trade I think trading number 1 picks is a little steep. I think the Texans should off a three and if they decide they really likr him during negotations go up to a 2 but that is a high as they should go.

Grid
03-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Id rather get Donald Driver :)

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2006, 12:11 PM

Dit-Toe

David's Busted Carr
03-10-2006, 12:13 PM
1st of all he's coming off a MAJOR knee injury.

2nd of all he'll be free agent after this season (if GB just doesn't cut him this year) so why sell the farm (our #1 pick) to get him now?

3rd he'll be too expensive. We don't need to pay another #1 WR money when we already have a #1 WR in AJ.

bigTEXan8
03-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Javan wants too much gauranteed money, more than I think the Texans have...at least I think that's what was said before the 2005-06 season started when he was talking about wanting a trade.

chuckm
03-10-2006, 12:47 PM

I'd rather get Minnie Driver

NRowl
03-10-2006, 01:03 PM

First off, I like the Richard Pryor quote, I would have never thought of that in a million years.

Secondly, I am not an advocate for getting Walker, but I think one thing this team really needs is someone that is vocal. We need someone that will get on his teammates as well as say some things to the opposing teams that makes our players come together to back up their teammate. I am not talking about a player who's actions are a disstraction, ie... T.O. I want someone who can be a vocal leader on the offense (Dunta's got it on D) that eveyone else can rally behind.

Texas
03-10-2006, 01:07 PM
I beleive that explosiveness is what we need to awaken DC. With that WR duo, then we could take D'Brick and have a already much improved offense. Or we could neglect D'Brick and take a T out of the FA and then pick up mario williams and add a new threat on our D. Either way we win big!

BuffSoldier
03-10-2006, 01:20 PM

I dont think that is true. I know AJ could handle it, fr one he is from the "U" and shared a locker room with Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow, Sean Taylor etc. Plus, I have never thought of Walker as a locker room disrution. This is the only time I have ever heard of him speaking out, and he has good reason.

If I am a pro-bowl WR, I too would want to be paid more than 5.15K. Not to mention that they didnt even discuss his contract. What pro-bowl player do you know that doesnt get paid more than half a mil per year. DD isnt even a pro-bowler and but he has been well compensated for his work here.

Also the QB and leader of your team is not supportive and interefers with your contract negotiations after you catch 89 passes and 12 tds while racking up 1382 yards for him. If anything else Favre should have been his main supporter in gettin more money.

I think that he has a reason to complain and that he, as it seems, is very respectful, he is loyal to his teamates even though he didnt have any reason to be loyal to Favre. He didnt do any name calling or belittleing, he just told the truth and spoke his feelings.

I would love to get him. He is younger than Driver and IMO better. He would give us the best young receiver duo in the league, and if we could pick up that #5 and a third rounder then we could draft Mario Williams at 5 and Eric WInston at 33. IMO that would be a great thing for us. I still want Ferguson if he falls to 5 but I doubt that he does.

IMO that would be an amazing trade for us and Green Bay, they get rid of a player that doesnt want to be there while picking up Bush to give their young QB Rogers a great target in the Run and passing game to take the pressure off him early in his carrer, while we get another target for Carr and someone to take the pressure off AJ while trading down to pick up Ferguson/Williams.

carrstud34
03-10-2006, 01:25 PM

i like this idea if we can get an all pro receiver and then still have the 5th pick to get the d brick we will be doing really well. i just dont think it will happen if favre decides to come back they dont have anybody else and they will do everything they can to keep him there

HomeBred_Texan
03-10-2006, 01:28 PM
I would love to get him. He is younger than Driver and IMO better. He would give us the best young receiver duo in the league, and if we could pick up that #5 and a third rounder then we could draft Mario Williams at 5 and Eric WInston at 33. IMO that would be a great thing for us. I still want Ferguson if he falls to 5 but I doubt that he does.

What if Williams is not still on the board at number 5. Then this would have been another blunder draft for us.

Thanks, but NO Thanks.....

V Man
03-10-2006, 01:33 PM
I dont think that is true. I know AJ could handle it, fr one he is from the "U" and shared a locker room with Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow, Sean Taylor etc. Plus, I have never thought of Walker as a locker room disrution. This is the only time I have ever heard of him speaking out, and he has good reason.

If I am a pro-bowl WR, I too would want to be paid more than 5.15K. Not to mention that they didnt even discuss his contract. What pro-bowl player do you know that doesnt get paid more than half a mil per year. DD isnt even a pro-bowler and but he has been well compensated for his work here.

Also the QB and leader of your team is not supportive and interefers with your contract negotiations after you catch 89 passes and 12 tds while racking up 1382 yards for him. If anything else Favre should have been his main supporter in gettin more money.

I think that he has a reason to complain and that he, as it seems, is very respectful, he is loyal to his teamates even though he didnt have any reason to be loyal to Favre. He didnt do any name calling or belittleing, he just told the truth and spoke his feelings.

Couldn't have said it better. I don't see where he gets compared to TO. TO complains and ruins his team over a several million dollar contract (which he agreed to) and Walker gets almost nothing for a pro-bowl receiver, holds out and when his QB buts in when he shouldn't he reports to camp. I would take him in a minute if we can work out a decent deal for both sides.:twocents:

Meloy
03-10-2006, 01:37 PM

ON a different note, the people on the GB messageboard seem to think that his ACL injury coupled with his personality issues will result in his value being lowered dramatically (see D. Culpepper, Randy Moss, T. O., etc) They said that they imagine GB will be looking to land a 2nd round pick or something equivelent, therefore the offer of #1 for #5+J.W. would actually be a huge improvement for them. If they could offer us #5 + Walker + maybe a 3rd this year, I think its a great trade for us. I don't know why GB would go for the #1 spot, but if they did and took Bush, then Williams would probably fall to us at #5, and everyone would get what they wanted. Everyone over there on their board is pretty high on Williams, however, so I could potentially see them trading up in order to secure Williams, which might land us Bush at #5, and if not, maybe D'Brick You know, I really hear you, but I like the idea of Bush as a back and as an option as a receiver and reverses. He seems to be a good person with no issues. I maybe am more hopeful than others about Mathis at W/R. If he only catches the ball sometimes, he HAS to be covered. I could see trading our second for Walker, but I think that pick is going to be used for a TE, LT or DE. Would GB be interested in a 3rd and another lower round for J.W.?

BuffSoldier
03-10-2006, 01:40 PM
What if Williams is not still on the board at number 5. Then this would have been another blunder draft for us.

Thanks, but NO Thanks.....

D'Brickashaw Ferguson or Mario Williams will be on the board at #5.

If GB has #1 they will pick Bush because they have no need for a QB

Its like a 99% lock that if Leinart is on the board the Saints will take him

The Titans will pick a QB, Cutler or Young it doesnt matter

So NY will have to choose between Ferguson and Williams, either way, we win.:redtowel:

Texas
03-10-2006, 01:40 PM
You know, I really hear you, but I like the idea of Bush as a back and as an option as a receiver and reverses. He seems to be a good person with no issues. I maybe am more hopeful than others about Mathis at W/R. If he only catches the ball sometimes, he HAS to be covered. I could see trading our second for Walker, but I think that pick is going to be used for a TE, LT or DE. Would GB be interested in a 3rd and another lower round for J.W.?

I really doubt it

tulexan
03-10-2006, 01:49 PM

Saints are the leading candidates to sign Drew Brees. There isn't a 99% lock they will take any one player right now. They could pick a wide range of players.

BuffSoldier
03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
You know, I really hear you, but I like the idea of Bush as a back and as an option as a receiver and reverses. He seems to be a good person with no issues. I maybe am more hopeful than others about Mathis at W/R. If he only catches the ball sometimes, he HAS to be covered. I could see trading our second for Walker, but I think that pick is going to be used for a TE, LT or DE. Would GB be interested in a 3rd and another lower round for J.W.?

Bush is only one player, he cant be everywhere at once and he wont solve all of our offensive problems, if anything he will only fill one NEED at WR.

Jabar Gaffney and Corey BADford caught the ball sometimes, but they still doubled AJ.

So, basically if we go into '05 with our team in the same position at WR we would have to split out Reggie Bush 80% of the time to get something different than what we were seeing last year, which was 8 in the box and a double on AJ. Not even Bush could be productive against that, this is the NFL.

BuffSoldier
03-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Saints are the leading candidates to sign Drew Brees. There isn't a 99% lock they will take any one player right now. They could pick a wide range of players.

As of right now, the Saints dont have Drew Brees so, of right now Leinart is still a lock. When they get Brees he wont be a lock to me anymore, not even a consideration, but that is not right now.

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2006, 02:06 PM

IMO that would be an amazing trade for us and Green Bay, they get rid of a player that doesnt want to be there while picking up Bush to give their young QB Rogers a great target in the Run and passing game to take the pressure off him early in his carrer, while we get another target for Carr and someone to take the pressure off AJ while trading down to pick up Ferguson/Williams.

Firstly Walker in any interview I have seen has come across as well spoken and not full of himself. Secondly, Favre was commenting on the need to be in camp under his current active contract and go through the negotiations. It then turned into a Walker/Favre thing. I cannot imagine how Carr would handle it. If he does come here and is not paid AJ money and becomes a number two, what do you think is going to happen when he does not meet expectations seeing how one of the most respected players made a plea for him to be in camp?

Walker is a talent, but not the type that you trade for given the way he handled his current contract and him coming off knee surgery. Rosenhaus had TO and Walker doing the same thing. I would rather not see a fourth ring added to the three ring circus we currently have.

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2006, 02:11 PM
As of right now, the Saints dont have Drew Brees so, of right now Leinart is still a lock. When they get Brees he wont be a lock to me anymore, not even a consideration, but that is not right now.

We might as well stop prognostictaing on everything according to the BuffSoldier corollary.

Fiddy
03-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Brett Favre still owes Walker $9 million...

HomeBred_Texan
03-10-2006, 02:48 PM
D'Brickashaw Ferguson or Mario Williams will be on the board at #5.

If GB has #1 they will pick Bush because they have no need for a QB

The Titans will pick a QB, Cutler or Young it doesnt matter

So NY will have to choose between Ferguson and Williams, either way, we win.:redtowel:
No way...

Let's say this then...

New Orleans signs Drew Brees, and I bet a 6 pack they do.

They no longer really have a need for Leinart except to let him groom under Brees. But my guess is, with the number 2 pick, if they don't trade up or down, they would take either Bush or Ferguson. To further strenghten there O-Line.

Now at number 3, you have Tennesse. QB? I don't know but how could they pass on Leinart.

Now at number 4, you have the Jets. With Bush, Leinart, and Ferguson gone, they would take Mario to replace a D-Lineman they are going to lose.

So what does that leave at number 5?

z0rpAn
03-10-2006, 03:17 PM
AJ Hawk.

We need an outside LB. He is, the last time I checked, the best LB option in the draft. It's not rocket science. The world doesn't consist of 2 people when we have many holes to fill. IMO with better coaching Pitts could actually be a top tier LT.

CoastalTexan
03-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Vernon Davis, with AJ, Walker, DD, VDavis= Greatest show on turf without an O-line (if we dont fix it).

z0rpAn
03-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Vernon Davis, with AJ, Walker, DD, VDavis= Greatest show on turf without an O-line (if we dont fix it).

And coaches who have had success with their former O-lines means nothing? Don't forget that our last line coach never coached a line in a zone-blocking scheme.

dat_boy_yec
03-10-2006, 05:15 PM
No way...

Let's say this then...

They no longer really have a need for Leinart except to let him groom under Brees. But my guess is, with the number 2 pick, if they don't trade up or down, they would take either Bush or Ferguson. To further strenghten there O-Line.

Now at number 3, you have Tennesse. QB? I don't know but how could they pass on Leinart.

Now at number 4, you have the Jets. With Bush, Leinart, and Ferguson gone, they would take Mario to replace a D-Lineman they are going to lose.

Venon Davis, TE phenom.

BuffSoldier
03-10-2006, 05:41 PM
No way...

Let's say this then...

It really seems like the last 4 posts have answered my question for me.

Firstly I think that if VY fell to NY they would take him so I think that we would have Williams even if Brees did sign with NO.

But AJ Hawk, Vernon Davis and Michael Huff are still on the board. Either one would be a great addition. AJ Hawk would probably be the only one worth #5, but if we wanted we could trade down to #7 or 8 and still get Huff of Davis.

Davis would be a obviouse upgrade to the offense now having 2 awesome WRs an a great TE.

Huff could fill any of 2 positions on the defense because we have a need at both Corner and FS, both of which he can play equally well.

Firstly Walker in any interview I have seen has come across as well spoken and not full of himself. Secondly, Favre was commenting on the need to be in camp under his current active contract and go through the negotiations. It then turned into a Walker/Favre thing. I cannot imagine how Carr would handle it. If he does come here and is not paid AJ money and becomes a number two, what do you think is going to happen when he does not meet expectations seeing how one of the most respected players made a plea for him to be in camp?

Walker is a talent, but not the type that you trade for given the way he handled his current contract and him coming off knee surgery. Rosenhaus had TO and Walker doing the same thing. I would rather not see a fourth ring added to the three ring circus we currently have.

I will address this in the order highlighted.

Isnt that what I said in my post. I said I thought he was a nice guy that was respectful and didnt say anything persobnal about his teammate, and that he had a good reason for wanting tot leave Green Bay.

I dont think Carr would have ever interferred with any contract that AJ tried to get done. Carr would have let JW handle his buisness and dealt with on the field issues, not personal ones.

Its no like the Texans are over the cap, and its not like they have alot of star players that are uncuttable, if Gaffney and Bradford are gone that frees up alot of space, not to mention that I dont think that G-Funk is gunna be here much longer due to his age and the Texans depth at DT. And what expecations are these, he as already proven that he can be a Pro-Bowler the expectations are for him to play like he plays, that will be enough.

How isnt he that type of talent, he put up massive numbers and was a Pro-Bowl player playing on the same team as Donald Driver. Havent Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt co-existed for years. Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin dont seem to be having any squabbles in Arizona. What way did he handle his contract, like any other player. He held out like any other pro bowl skill position player would if the only made hald a mil after coming of aan amazing season.The Texans have the money he id a great player and the Texans arent dumb, they have trainers, thats why they can have a guy go throught physicals before they consider how much that they will re-sign him for. He will still be under the GReen Bay Contract when he gets here it is up to us how much he makes unless he decides to test the FA market next year.

tulexan
03-10-2006, 05:47 PM
The Jets are probably going to get Patrick Ramsey. With Ramsey and Pennington on the roster, I don't see them taking a QB. I think that they will take either D'Brick or Mario Williams with their pick (assuming both are still there).

BuffSoldier
03-10-2006, 05:48 PM
The Jets are probably going to get Patrick Ramsey. With Ramsey and Pennington on the roster, I don't see them taking a QB. I think that they will take either D'Brick or Mario Williams with their pick (assuming both are still there).

That was my thinking, that both would still be there, and if both were we would be in position to get which ever one fell. We couldnt loose with either.

Malloy
03-10-2006, 08:07 PM
probably not. they drafted aaron rodgers with the 24th pick last year.

True, I hope they see something in him, because I'm not too sure about Rodgers.... we'll see, GB will prolly go through alot of change the next couple of years. so, here's to guessing..

CITY CAT
03-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Why would he want to come here? If this rumor is true, then Favre has no reason coming back.

Grid
03-10-2006, 10:57 PM
What would suck is if Reggie Bush, Mario Williams, Dbrickashaw Ferguson, and Vernon Davis were all gone by the 5th pick.

leaving us with you know who.

BuffSoldier
03-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Why would he want to come here? If this rumor is true, then Favre has no reason coming back.

Hed have no choice, hes still under contract and Green Bay can trade him where ever they want to.

What would suck is if Reggie Bush, Mario Williams, Dbrickashaw Ferguson, and Vernon Davis were all gone by the 5th pick.

leaving us with you know who.

I think that would put us in great position fo another trade down with VY and Leinart still on the board, we could probably trade down a little and still get AJ Hawk or Michael Huff.

Tale Gator
03-11-2006, 01:57 AM
His knee blew up bad - it will be a full year and a half or two years before he reaches 100% ~ I thought the Texans were all about winning THIS season...

J-Storm
03-11-2006, 07:02 AM
His knee blew up bad - it will be a full year and a half or two years before he reaches 100% ~ I thought the Texans were all about winning THIS season...

We are all about winning this year yes... but let's not get that so totally confused with "winning the SuperBowl"! Eeehhh, he can't hurt to have a look at, i mean it's not like we are going to throw big $$$ at anyone else who is a free agent so i don't see a problem with somehow talking to the guy. We aren't going to be a force for at least 2-3 years so get him in, work him with AJ and any other WR's we have on our roster over that time, he's no bigger risk than Vince, Reggie or D'Brick after all...

Kaiser Toro
03-11-2006, 09:13 AM
I will address this in the order highlighted.

Isnt that what I said in my post. I said I thought he was a nice guy that was respectful and didnt say anything persobnal about his teammate, and that he had a good reason for wanting tot leave Green Bay.

I dont think Carr would have ever interferred with any contract that AJ tried to get done. Carr would have let JW handle his buisness and dealt with on the field issues, not personal ones.

Its no like the Texans are over the cap, and its not like they have alot of star players that are uncuttable, if Gaffney and Bradford are gone that frees up alot of space, not to mention that I dont think that G-Funk is gunna be here much longer due to his age and the Texans depth at DT. And what expecations are these, he as already proven that he can be a Pro-Bowler the expectations are for him to play like he plays, that will be enough.

How isnt he that type of talent, he put up massive numbers and was a Pro-Bowl player playing on the same team as Donald Driver. Havent Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt co-existed for years. Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin dont seem to be having any squabbles in Arizona. What way did he handle his contract, like any other player. He held out like any other pro bowl skill position player would if the only made hald a mil after coming of aan amazing season.The Texans have the money he id a great player and the Texans arent dumb, they have trainers, thats why they can have a guy go throught physicals before they consider how much that they will re-sign him for. He will still be under the GReen Bay Contract when he gets here it is up to us how much he makes unless he decides to test the FA market next year.

1) Was just giving you some insight into my thinking. Firstly does not preface a dig on who I am replying to.

2) I do not think Carr would ever interfere because it is not in his DNA, in my opinion, but that is not my point. I think he is a fragile guy mentally and do not think he would handle it well if someone pointed the finger at him or his favorite target. One of these days they will be in a locker room situation where someone needs to step us a leader when someone starts mouthing off or not showing up to camp. Favre said his intent was to make a plea for the guy to be in camp. Rosenhaus' client got backed in a corner where they had to make it a Favre thing to gain the leverage they sorely needed.

3) We should resign Gaff and a veteran, bolster the TE, learn the new playbook and see what happens. Our big signing happened in Carr.

4) I have liked Walker for many years and felt he was going to be one of the top players at his position before the injury. I want to say that somehting like 60% of his catches results in first downs, just sick. But we need fiscally responsible solutions that get us return on investment right out of the box. WR is not a priority this year for the Texans. Trading down for a WR with one year left on his contract, coming off an ACL injury and who is represented by Rosenhaus does not really scream many positives to make the trade in my opinion.

texans83
01-10-2007, 05:42 PM

question is who is going to give them the ball

tulexan
01-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Why would you resurrect a thread from last march that is completely irrelevant to the Texans?

Double Barrel
01-10-2007, 06:15 PM
This thread was done in March 2006. :locked: