PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper: Trade me or release me

texan279
03-08-2006, 02:23 PM
LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5392124)

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Daunte Culpepper's shaky relationship with the Minnesota Vikings deteriorated further on Wednesday when the quarterback said he had asked to be released if the team fails to trade him.

"If a trade does not happen then I am asking the Vikings to terminate my contract as soon as possible," Culpepper said in an e-mail to reporters.
Culpepper said he had asked the Vikings if he could speak to interested teams on his own behalf. He said Minnesota denied his request.

He said he appreciated that the team's new owner, Zygi Wilf, was willing to pay him a $6 million bonus due later this month.

"However, because of the fundamental differences I have with management regarding the approach to my personal and professional life, I think it is the best business decision for both parties to go our separate ways," Culpepper said.

TEXANS84
03-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Oakland better start dumping some players, because he'd suit them well with Moss/Porter/and Curry.

El Tejano
03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
And Roman Gabriel.

Trap_Star
03-08-2006, 06:15 PM
I think that Culpepper wants to go to miami. Thats his homestate. Would'nt be surprised if it happened....

DOCTOR24
03-08-2006, 07:06 PM
And Roman Gabriel.

That would be Doug Gabriel.

Napa Auto Parts
03-08-2006, 10:41 PM
I think that Culpepper wants to go to miami. Thats his homestate. Would'nt be surprised if it happened....

he must be tryingto get their before they sign Drew Brees:stirpot:

4th&inches
03-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Never thought of that.

TexansCM
03-10-2006, 01:20 AM
As reported on ESPNNews and Chris Mortenson, The Vikes are pushing hard to get a trade done for Daunte before the start of free agency. I see the Vikes making a big push for Brees and trying to land the best available QB. Daunte will end up in Miami or Oakland but I don't see him ever putting up numbers like he did 2 years ago.

gtexan02
03-10-2006, 01:26 AM
Per NFL.com, the Vikes already have a trade in the works that would ship Cpepper off tomorrow

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2006, 06:26 AM
Per NFL.com, the Vikes already have a trade in the works that would ship Cpepper off tomorrow

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9295762

Where Culpepper is going is the biggest mystery in the league. As of now, it is not Oakland. The Raiders and Vikings spoke Thursday, but Oakland is trying to gauge whether or not it wants to try to match, or beat, the other teams' offer. It will spend Thursday night mulling its decision.

tulexan
03-10-2006, 10:33 AM
I think he is going to go to Miami. Ramsey will go to the Jets. And Brees will go to the Vikings.

Texas_Thrill
03-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Any news if he's been traded yet?

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2006, 10:42 AM
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/14064918.htm

A deal is expected as soon as today, several Internet reports said Thursday night, with the Raiders one of a few suitors for Culpepper's services. A person in the Raiders front office emphasized that a deal is not imminent.

The timing is perfect for the Raiders and Vikings. The Raiders could release quarterback Kerry Collins, consummate a trade for Culpepper and still save approximately $1.2 million against the 2006 salary cap. The Vikings could escape a sizable contract, rid themselves of a disenchanted player and get at least one draft choice in return.

The Raiders as of Thursday were within $4 million of reaching today's league-mandated compliance with the $102 million salary cap. They can bridge that gap by any number of moves, with or without Collins being involved.

tulexan
03-10-2006, 10:50 AM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/14064242.htm

Here is an article that says that the Dolphins are the leading candidate for Culpepper. What is interesting is towards the middle of the article, it states that the Saints are the leading candidate for Drew Brees and that if they sign him they will trade down or take Reggie Bush (if available).

That could make things interesting. It would also kill any chance of us trading the pick.

texan279
03-13-2006, 11:47 AM
from www.kffl.com

Raiders | Negotiations with Vikings resume
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:18:36 -0800

ESPNews reports the Oakland Raiders have resumed talks with the Minnesota Vikings about possibly working out a trade to acquire Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper.

Blake
03-13-2006, 12:12 PM
from www.kffl.com

Raiders | Negotiations with Vikings resume
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:18:36 -0800

ESPNews reports the Oakland Raiders have resumed talks with the Minnesota Vikings about possibly working out a trade to acquire Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper.

How nuts would that be. Moss and Pepper back together in Oaktown. I dont think Raider fans deserve that.

Texas
03-13-2006, 02:08 PM
I just cant see culpepper in a raiders uniform. Wow the vikings have really screwed themselves over the past couple of years