PDA

View Full Version : Pennington to remain a JET

edo783
03-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Gets 3 mill this year plus incintives to get him to 9 Mill. Just reported on ESPN. Probably changes what the JETS do in the draft.

Trap_Star
03-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Gets 3 mill this year plus incintives to get him to 9 Mill. Just reported on ESPN. Probably changes what the JETS do in the draft.

No it does'nt. They don't want their rookie qb to start right away. They will do what the giants did with manning/warner.:twocents:

nunusguy
03-05-2006, 05:25 PM
I dunno....probably does reduce the changes of the Jets trading with
us, and they have been considered one of our potentially prime trading partners. OK with me, I want the Texans to have the opportunity to have the Michael Jordan of the NFL.

houstonhurricane
03-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Actually, I am not sure the Pennington signing will impact their draft picks, but picking up another FA quarterback may. The Jets have a pretty thin offensive line and not many dangerous weapons on offense, so I see them trying to trade Abraham for a first rounder and using #4 with the aim of picking up Brick and the potential Abraham-first rounderr on a skill position player.

BuffSoldier
03-05-2006, 05:38 PM
I think that i may change what they want to do, but not much. The Jets love Matt Leinart, I dont think that resigning a QB that the team has very little faith in will change that. I tmay give them another option, and they mayjust trade up for Bush now instead. :confused:

Hottoddie
03-05-2006, 09:06 PM
It does muddy the water a bit.

Grid
03-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Kevin Mawae was released. just thought id throw that out there.

tulexan
03-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Jets aren't going to trade up.

They have a thin line = Maybe D'Brick at #4 (local guy)
They just lost their pass rush = Maybe Mario at #4
They have an aging running back = Maybe DeAngelo or LenDale at #4

They have too many holes to give up multiple draft picks for 1 player no matter how good he is. If anything, they will trade Abraham for another 1st round pick so that they can fill more of their holes in the draft.

The Texans are staying at #1 and will pick Reggie Bush. His number next year will most likely be 21, 25, or 35. He will be the preseason favorite to win offensive rookie of the year and we will all be happy this time next year.

edo783
03-05-2006, 09:34 PM
IMO, with them signing Pennington and are apparently looking at Kitna also, so they won't be looking to move up. In fact, that is going to be our problem this year with having the number 1 pick. With the CBA isues and those who MIGHT be willing to move up are looking for a QB and I see them just sitting still and catching what comes to them( someone might blink though). I suspect we will have a hard time finding a trading partner this year. If the CBA had come through, there might have been some teams looking to spend big in the draft. Now, there will likely be 6-10 teams looking to spend big in FA and 10-15 looking to unload talent. Looks like Bush is the most likely pick.

Hottoddie
03-05-2006, 11:52 PM
I agree that the Texans are going to have a difficult time trading down & staying in the top 5-6 picks. If they plan on trading down, they may have to trade down to the 6-10 pick range.

However, why are so many assuming that the Texans will automatically take Bush, if they stay at #1? Just because the press has annointed him the #1 pick? Why is it so difficult to believe that they might take D'Brick, or Mario, with the #1 pick? Either one of those players would improve the team much more than Bush.