PDA

View Full Version : LeCharles Bentley

texan279
03-03-2006, 07:48 AM
from www.kffl.com

Eagles | Team set to sign Bentley
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:34:11 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are set to sign free agent C LeCharles Bentley (Saints). Bentley's interest in joining the Eagles is so strong that the only thing preventing the signing from happening Friday, March 3, was the delay in the start of free agency.

Corrosion
03-03-2006, 08:25 AM
This should come as no surprise to most . If you remember the interview of Bentley by Rome I think Bentley's exact words were .....

" I want to WIN , and I want to get Paid."

The other two teams we heard he could land were MInn. and Cleveland ?...... I think the Eagles give him a real chance to WIN right away over both of those teams.

Kaiser Toro
03-03-2006, 08:30 AM
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/14003995.htm

rittenhouserobz
03-03-2006, 11:43 AM
We do have a Center from last year. I know that he may not matchup to Bentley, but Hogden should get the full benefit of the off-season. It is hard to tell right now, but I think he could do well. I would like Bentley, but there are other areas of concern that need to be answered.

El Tejano
03-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Proven, young, Pro Bowler gives you reason to believe that this dude comes in and makes an impact. I think going with Hodgdon, although plenty of upside, you are only setting yourself up for a failed offensive line again because we are settling for mediocrity rather than proven gifted talent.

keyfro
03-03-2006, 01:12 PM
hodgdon will probably benifit the most from the change in coaching staff...he was considered undersized when they took him in the draft and now he's right where he needs to be in ways of size...with his wrestling background he fits the classic profile of a center in the NFL...the offense looked better when he was in there as the center so let's give him a shot at winning the starting job...also keep in mind that in the draft we have mangold and eslinger that are attainable and both look rather good for this system...not to mention weary is probably a better center prospect than a guard...we do have some competition at center we just don't know how much we have just yet

TexanAddict
03-03-2006, 01:12 PM
from www.kffl.com

Eagles | Team set to sign Bentley
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:34:11 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are set to sign free agent C LeCharles Bentley (Saints). Bentley's interest in joining the Eagles is so strong that the only thing preventing the signing from happening Friday, March 3, was the delay in the start of free agency.

Say it ain't so! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:crying:

Hope they are just trying to increase his value and that this isn't already a foregone conclusion.

TexanAddict
03-03-2006, 01:17 PM
hodgdon will probably benifit the most from the change in coaching staff...he was considered undersized when they took him in the draft and now he's right where he needs to be in ways of size...with his wrestling background he fits the classic profile of a center in the NFL...the offense looked better when he was in there as the center so let's give him a shot at winning the starting job...also keep in mind that in the draft we have mangold and eslinger that are attainable and both look rather good for this system...not to mention weary is probably a better center prospect than a guard...we do have some competition at center we just don't know how much we have just yet

This all sounds good but Hodgdon didn't really get a chance to prove much before getting hurt last season. And even if Hodgdon does become the perfect center for our team that doesn't mean we shouldn't do whatever is necessary to at least make a run at Bentley. The guy did go to the Pro Bowl as both a Center and a Guard.

Kaiser Toro
03-04-2006, 10:25 AM
http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1141457357141580.xml

Saints center LeCharles Bentley denied Friday a Philadelphia newspaper report that he is planning to sign with the Eagles as soon as free agency begins Monday. But whether he winds up in Philadelphia or not, Bentley will clearly move on after four years with the Saints.

El Tejano
03-04-2006, 11:05 AM
That is some good news. We still have some kind of chance. I wonder if our blocking system has a reputation for longevity in the league and would entice a player of such value to come to us.

Trap_Star
03-04-2006, 08:48 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2ffeatures%2frumors

Anybody here with INSIDER??? IF so, let us know his situation:) :fans:

Yankee_In_TX
03-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Go Buckeyes :redtowel:

dirty steve
03-04-2006, 09:10 PM
says that he will most likely sign with Philadelphia as soon as the FA period starts.

dirty steve
03-04-2006, 09:53 PM
we just have so much money tied up in our OL, i don't see the Texans going after a "big splash" in FA on the OL like bentley or hutchinson.

Napa Auto Parts
03-05-2006, 12:45 AM
ive been hearing that he will sign with philly as soon as free agency starts hell i dont blame him seems like a good fit.

Trap_Star
03-05-2006, 11:34 AM
ive been hearing that he will sign with philly as soon as free agency starts hell i dont blame him seems like a good fit.

:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall
Is there any chance casserly steps in and makes it happen??

Texans>Colts
03-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Saints | Bentley denies report
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 06:39:00 -0800

Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints OC LeCharles Bentley denied Friday, March 3, a Philadelphia newspaper report that he is planning to sign with the Philadelphia Eagles as soon as free agency begins Monday, March 6. One thing that is clear is Bentley will not be returning to the Saints. Earlier this week, he made his strongest comment yet, telling CBSportsline that, "I would rather sit out a season than play for the Saints again."

I the last sentence. cracks me up everytime:yahoo:

DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net
03-05-2006, 04:24 PM

Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints OC LeCharles Bentley denied Friday, March 3, a Philadelphia newspaper report that he is planning to sign with the Philadelphia Eagles as soon as free agency begins Monday, March 6. One thing that is clear is Bentley will not be returning to the Saints. Earlier this week, he made his strongest comment yet, telling CBSportsline that, "I would rather sit out a season than play for the Saints again."

I the last sentence. cracks me up everytime:yahoo:
hahaha thats a good one
who would want to play for them?

Texans>Colts
03-05-2006, 04:37 PM
T.O. Hahahaha

mexican_texan
03-05-2006, 10:33 PM
What about Hank Fraley? He is one of the most underrated centers in the league. I wouldn't mind signing him or Rolls Royce or whatever that guys name is. :P

TexanAddict
03-06-2006, 12:46 PM

At least there is still some hope. Hopefully we go after him.

El Tejano
03-06-2006, 12:48 PM
What about Kevin Mawae??