PDA

View Full Version : Blame Game

Frills
03-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Who do you think is at fault for the CBA fiasco?

DNCC
03-02-2006, 11:01 AM
As this thing gets (potentially) more and more screwed up, I'd say there's PLENTY of blame to go around.

Double Barrel
03-02-2006, 12:14 PM
I say both are being way to greedy. They've got to find some middle ground for the good of the NFL. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!

Htown34s
03-02-2006, 02:42 PM
The players, definately. I almost always side with the owners. They put up the big money and they are the ones taking a risk with their investment. They OWN the team. Do you get to take a percentage of the profits at your work? No, you get paid to do a job. These people get paid a lot, shut up and go to work.

The player's union should fire Upshaw immediately. They had a dream scenario and they threw it out the window. *****s.

Look at the recent baseball and hockey labor fiascos. All they are doing is driving their fans away and creating more college ball fans.

Marcus
03-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Definately the players. They want to get rid of the salary cap.

(I'll just leave it at that)

MojoX
03-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Definately the players. They want to get rid of the salary cap.

(I'll just leave it at that)
I get this impression, too. The more I read on this, the more I think this is a deliberate action to eliminate the cap.

I voted both, because it seems the big thing has to do with the percentage of revenues setting the cap in relation to the revenue sharing model amongst owners. There is as much a split among owners as there is between players and ownership. Some owners don't want a cap. Others, some of whom don't invest as much in their product, want a piece of the pie other owners enjoy. As for the players, Upshaw wants to get his hands on that revenue the big market teams get to pocket as a result of the cap. He knows that if this posturing doesn't work out, he will always have the end of theh cap to fall back on.

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 03:08 PM
you cant blame the players. most of them dont have a say. they cant persuade gene to accept the deal

infantrycak
03-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I'll throw a different responsible party out there. Sports reporters. For years now they have been all but calling Gene Upshaw a small feline and accusing him of being in the league's back pocket. Wasn't hurting them to stoke the fires.

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 03:27 PM
good point- they were always saying himself and tagliabague were friends and that the deals upshaw was agreeing to,because of this, weren't as good as they should be

Frills
03-02-2006, 03:27 PM
I'll throw a different responsible party out there. Sports reporters. For years now they have been all but calling Gene Upshaw a small feline and accusing him of being in the league's back pocket. Wasn't hurting them to stoke the fires.

Can't argue with that either.