PDA

View Full Version : The Giant Who Has Been Cut Thread

Maddict5
03-01-2006, 01:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349818

first in a long line

Trap_Star
03-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Im hearing that BAL may cut Chris Mcallister (sp?)... that would be a nice pick-up for us:)

Texan Asylum
03-01-2006, 01:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349818

Sam Adams cut

first in a long line
Man, Bud and Coors will be next.

Trap_Star
03-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Man, Bud and Coors will be next.

lol:

Dunta_23
03-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Stephen Davis
Brenston Buckner
Rod Smart

Just went across the ticker on NFL Network

Corrosion
03-01-2006, 03:29 PM
wonder where "He Hate Me"will land next .......

looks like the whole league is preparing for a cap number around $92 mill.

Dunta_23
03-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Panthers | S. Davis to be released?
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:07:15 -0800

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers appear to be parting ways with RB Stephen Davis, who was scheduled to have a $3.8 million cap figure and receive a $1.05 million roster bonus.

Panthers | Buckner to be released?
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:06:35 -0800

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers appear to be parting ways with DT Brentson Buckner, who was scheduled to have a $2.5 million cap figure in 2006. The move would free up $1.5 million in cap room.

tulexan
03-01-2006, 03:35 PM
If we didn't have a glut of DTs I would have liked to have seen Buckner come here, but we have more than enough.

Chance_C
03-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Just saw on ESPN News that the Broncos have cut RB Mike Anderson and DE Trevor Pryce. Wonder what Kubiak thinks about that?

Dr. Toro
03-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Aha! There's the thunder to complement Davis.

ComstockLode
03-01-2006, 04:07 PM

The thunder is already on the team....

Dr. Toro
03-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Wells is a free agent.

ComstockLode
03-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Wells is a free agent.

D'oh! :homer:

Texans34Life
03-01-2006, 04:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2350136

The Broncos shaved $14.99 million of cap room Wednesday, but it came at a big price for talent.

The Broncos released three starters -- defensive end Trevor Pryce, running back Mike Anderson and tight end Jeb Putzier in moves that pull the team within a couple of millions of the $92 million salary cap.

Pryce had a $10.2 million cap number and his release saves $8.5 million of cap room. There had no been much talk about him adjusting his salary. The same happened to Anderson, who had a $2.565 million salary that he is now not going to receive.

Putzier and Stephen Alexander shared the tight end position, but Alexander ended up starting more games.

Carr Bombed
03-01-2006, 04:19 PM

wheres the lightning?

bigTEXan8
03-01-2006, 04:22 PM
The only one I'm interested in is Putzier. Especially if the Texans are going with Bush with the first overall pick, because I want o-line and D after that.

Double Barrel
03-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Pryce might be a good addition, but I doubt we'll afford it with all the holes we have to fill at this point.

powerfuldragon
03-01-2006, 04:52 PM
can we condense all the roster cut threads into one big thread. The big who got cut thread?

TexansR#1
03-01-2006, 04:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2350136
The Broncos released three starters -- defensive end Trevor Pryce, running back Mike Anderson and tight end Jeb Putzier in moves that pull the team within a couple of millions of the $92 million salary cap.

Pryce had a $10.2 million cap number and his release saves $8.5 million of cap room. There had no been much talk about him adjusting his salary. The same happened to Anderson, who had a $2.565 million salary that he is now not going to receive.

I think the Texans should look at these guys and since Gk helped coach 2 of them I think we probaly have a good chance to get these guys. Mike Anderson would help give us a 1-2 punch with DD and Jeb Putzier could be that TE we are looking for!:redtowel:

powerfuldragon
03-01-2006, 05:01 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=19228

posted already.

keyfro
03-01-2006, 05:02 PM
i'll take pryce and putzier any day of the week
:twocents:

Trap_Star
03-01-2006, 05:03 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=19228

posted already.

This the third post on this topic!!!!:brickwall

PapaL
03-01-2006, 05:04 PM
can we condense all the roster cut threads into one big thread. The big who got cut thread?

Best idea I've heard in awhile.:yahoo:

TEXANS84
03-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Merged....again.

tulexan
03-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Lawyer Milloy and Sam Madison have been cut too

Dunta_23
03-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Makes u wonder if all of the Texans are safe?

travfrancis
03-01-2006, 05:34 PM
wow, i'd love to sign anderson, putzier, and pryce (or kampman)

then draft vy :superman:

davis, anderson, and morency sounds a lot like the type of backfield the broncos have been so succesful with.

TEXANS84
03-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Hmm, things could get interesting in Titan land!

Titans | McNair could be cut
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:11:06 -0800

Jarrett Bell, of USA Today, reports Tennessee Titans QB Steve McNair could possibly be cut Friday, March 3.

TEXANS84
03-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Titans cut (OL) Brad Hopkins, according to ESPN.

powerfuldragon
03-01-2006, 05:42 PM
This is just an idea, Maybe the first or second post could be a list organized by Conference, Divisions, and Teams listing all the players aforementioned teams have cut? or would that be too time consuming?

Long-Spurs-Texan
03-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Simeon Rice & Derrick Brooks rumored to be on the block.

cuppacoffee
03-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Titans cut (OL) Brad Hopkins, according to ESPN.

Are McNair and Hopkins the last of the Mohicans (Oilers that is)

keyfro
03-01-2006, 08:03 PM
pryce could be signed at a lower rate since he is on the wrong side of 30 and has been having two bad years in a row...if mccallister is released he might be worth looking into but beware his production really sucks...madison is a proven vet who might add some much needed veteran leadership...gotta give it up to derrick brooks...the man can play wouldn't mind having him here if he is cut...really could care less about rice

powerfuldragon
03-02-2006, 09:10 AM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/9276766
Sam madison released by miami.
(from another thread)

El Tejano
03-02-2006, 09:29 AM
I think anyone of these guys would be a nice addition to our team. With Mike Anderson you get the big back we need that is cool with sharing the load with more than two runningbacks.

With Trevor Pryce, we get the DE we need who is more than an adequate pass rusher.

With Putzier, you get the pass catching TE that already knows our offensive system. Could be the TE that Billy Miller was for David in our first year just with better blocking ability.

El Tejano
03-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Either one of these guys would be a nice addition.

Mike Anderson gives that big back needed and knows how to work with a team fully loaded at RB.

Pryce gives us the pass rushing DE we never had.

Putzier could be Carr to Miller again with better blocking.

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 11:59 AM
cowboys cut la'roi glover

Texas
03-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Recently Buffalo Cut Safety Lawyer Milloy...I beleive because we recently cut coleman and we really need a veteran that has talent. He could be used in our scheme...Just a thought...Also Tight End Jeb Putzier or Mark Campbell...Just another thought

Long Baller
03-02-2006, 12:55 PM
I think Jeb is a real possibility. He could be just the TE we need so we can use or draft picks in help other areas of need. He should not be all that expensive either.

OzzO
03-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Check the cut giants (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=19228) thread. There's gonna be quite a few names listed.

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 01:04 PM
brady smith(de falcons) will shields(og KC), steve mcnair (titans) and kerry collins( and big ted and a few other raiders) are all gone-kerry and mcnair aren't confirmed, just reported

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 01:14 PM
will shields would be nice for the o-line

Frills
03-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Anyone else seeing that the players will cave in sometime this evening?

The Owners will start cutting vets, flooding the FA market driving the prices down, and the owners win.

I don't see how Upshaw has any outs left.

Peldon
03-02-2006, 01:24 PM

The Owners will start cutting vets, flooding the FA market driving the prices down, and the owners win.

That would be great, especially with all the players that were already cut. The cap would be increased and we might be able to get some of those higher priced FAs that have been released.

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 01:25 PM
i dont know he seems like a stubborn old prick

texanfan2100
03-02-2006, 01:25 PM
If they could sign Shields and Lepsis, that would be great. The OL could be Lepsis at LT, Pitts at LG, McKinney at C, Shields at RG, and Wade at RT. Unforunately, it looks like we're stuck with Wade because of his contract. At least, though, the offensive line wouldn't be a HIGH priority in the draft.

Frills
03-02-2006, 01:28 PM
I think the teams should not cut anyone until this evening, then all within 10 minutes announce the drastic cuts.

It would be the prefect surgical strike, and bring the players down a notch or two.

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Steve mcNair restructures contract and stays with titans. travis henry also takes paycut

Frills
03-02-2006, 01:34 PM
McNair was a buyout, pay 1 mil and contract is terminated after the 06 season.

Looks like they'll be taking a QB

bigTEXan8
03-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Sam Madison was just released, he could bring back that veteran leadership that we lost with Glenn...he'd be expensive though.

Frills
03-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Sam Madison was just released, he could bring back that veteran leadership that we lost with Glenn...he'd be expensive though.

Flooded market, combined with a lower cap, noone will be expensive.

Hence the reason the players will cave in the end

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 01:48 PM
McNair was a buyout, pay 1 mil and contract is terminated after the 06 season.

Looks like they'll be taking a QB

meh, they knew he'd retire then anyways. they might wait till next year- it'll be hard to sign a high draft qb this year. i still think they'll take D'brick

El Tejano
03-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Are McNair and Hopkins the last of the Mohicans (Oilers that is)
Yes. Once those dudes retire there are no more original Houston Oilers in the NFL. I think Michael Barrow signed with the Cowboys though.

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Here is a list of cuts so far:

Bills
DT, Sam Adams
FS, Lawyer Milloy
TE, Mark Campell

Broncos
TE, Jeb Putzier
DE, Trevor Price
RB, Mike Andersen

Chiefs
OG, Will Shields
LB, Gary Stills

Cowboys
DT, La'Roi Glover

Dolphins
LT, Damion McIntosh
CB, Sam Madison
CB, Reggie Howard
SS, Tebucky Jones
TE, Lorenzo Diamond

49'ers
CB, Ahmed Plummer
WR, Johnny Morton
DE, Chris Cooper

Giants
G - Jason Whittle
LB - Barrett Green
S - Brent Alexander
S - Shaun Williams (voided contract)

Falcons
DE, Brady Smith

Panthers
RB, Stephan Davis
DT, Brenston Bucker
KR, Rod Smart

Rams
LB, Jeremy Loyd
RB, Arlen Harris
CB, Chris Johnson
S, Mike Furrey

Texans
QB, Tony Banks
FS, Marcus Coleman
RB, Tony Hollings

Titans
OT, Brad Hopkins

infantrycak
03-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Yes. Once those dudes retire there are no more original Houston Oilers in the NFL. I think Michael Barrow signed with the Cowboys though.

Your missing a local one at least for now--Gary Walker was drafted by and played his 1st two years for the Houston Oilers.

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 02:19 PM
jets cut kevin mawae

michaelm
03-02-2006, 02:27 PM

I heard a teaser before a commercial this morning on ESPN News about the players possibly having a meeting after the deadline to decertify the Union. I didn't get any additional info as I had to leave the house.
Don't know what that amounts to... any one else hear this?

keyfro
03-02-2006, 02:33 PM
well if the owners are going to do a surgical strike to the union they would have to do it before 10 minutes til midnight...probably like at 10pm eastern time...we already know some of the players don't like the way the CBA has been handled by the union especially if they are the ones being cut...the only hope is that the union caves and agrees to an extension

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 02:41 PM
not likely

Starting Thursday -- and perhaps not ending until September 2008 -- Gene Upshaw is the most powerful man in sports. Which makes him the most powerful black man in America since David Palmer won the presidential popular vote between seasons one and two of "24."

Gene's got the power.
Seriously -- with the NFL and the NFL Players Association on the brink of failing to extend their collective bargaining agreement (the deadline strikes Thursday) -- Upshaw's power is unprecedented. As the president of the NFLPA, the former Oakland Raiders guard and Hall of Famer holds the key to the future of the most powerful sports entity and television force in the world.

Paul Tagliabue and 32 of the richest and most arrogant men in the world must bow to Upshaw's will over the next 30 months or face the possibility of a chaotic future come the 2008 season, when the league's total structure -- draft, free agency and everything else -- would come unglued without a new CBA.

Bow to Upshaw? Yes, Upshaw is negotiating from a superior position than Tagliabue, who has 32 highly attentive bosses with varying agendas. For example, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder, with their seemingly limitless Cowboys and Redskins revenue streams, have far different concerns than Jacksonville's Wayne Weaver and Cincinnati's Brown family. Snyder's Skins pass out signing-bonus dollars and seven-figure assistant-coaching contracts with little thought because the Skins can generate significantly more non-revenue-sharing dollars than the Bengals and others. Therefore, Upshaw's demand of 60 percent of total revenue sounds different to Snyder than to Weaver.

While Tagliabue must build a consensus among a group of strong-willed businessmen, Upshaw need only please himself, a small group of lawyers retained by the NFLPA and IMG super agent Tom Condon, Upshaw's main confidant.

Upshaw's real bosses -- the 1,500 players he represents -- are in no way engaged in this process. Oh, the handful of big-name players who will be cut on what is being called "Bloody Thursday" will care about the CBA. In a last-ditch scare tactic, the league is making sure word gets out that Trevor Pryce and several other high-end veterans are getting whacked because of the failure to reach labor peace. But the majority of Upshaw's constituency has no idea what is going on right now. His base is in the middle of enjoying Bling Season, the time of the year between the end of the season and the beginning of mandatory-voluntary workouts, when playas sit courtside at NBA arenas and stage-side at America's strip clubs.
Getting cut in March only extends Bling Season for a savvy veteran, or family time with the wife/baby's mama and kids for a recently busted or henpecked vet.

If we learned anything from the NBA lockout, it's that players don't care to get involved in labor negotiations until the checks stop rolling in. If Trevor Pryce is unemployed come September, when the league starts cutting its paychecks, that's when he'll ask his agent who is running the union.

But Pryce won't be unemployed in September, and neither will any of the other valuable, big-name veterans who are let go this week. With the league staring at an uncapped 2007 season -- and the owners highly unlikely to force a lockout to prevent the 2007 season -- Upshaw in effect has 30 months before any of his players get real interested in the labor negotiations. A few players having to wait a year on free agency is a sacrifice even NFLPA members are willing to endure.

Upshaw is holding all the cards, and he knows it. With no stoppage of play in sight, he won't face the wrath of fans, gamblers or the media anytime soon, either. Most fans will find Bloody Thursday rather exciting. It took Kansas City football fans all of 30 seconds to start debating how the defensive tackle-starved Chiefs could land Pryce in free agency. Never mind the fact that Bloody Thursday might cost the Chiefs 13-year vet and future Hall of Famer Will Shields. Never mind that the lack of an extended CBA and new salary-cap structure would have the Chiefs and many other teams treading very, very lightly in free agency.

NFL fans have a "fantasy" mentality. The more big names that are on the market, the more NFL fans can play fantasy GM during the offseason and hold barroom debates on who they would sign. Fans have grown accustomed to their favorite players switching uniforms.

The other gigantic advantage Upshaw holds is that NFL agents are weaker than their baseball and basketball counterparts. In the NBA, what David Falk and Arn Tellem have to say is far more important than what NBAPA president Billy Hunter has to say. Falk has more clout with players he doesn't represent than Hunter has with his rank and file members. Hunter has to acquiesce to Falk and other agents' agendas. Hunter isn't the head of a players' association. He's the head of an agents' association.

Upshaw faces no such problem. Drew Rosenhaus, the agent with the biggest client base, is viewed as a clown more interested in mugging for ESPN cameras than creating a profile as a visionary. What credibility Rosenhaus had with the public and players he doesn't represent got tossed away in the Terrell Owens fiasco. David Dunn and a quirky personality chopped Leigh Steinberg's profile in half. The inspiration for "Jerry Maguire" would now inspire a sequel with a tragic ending.

Condon, the head of IMG, is the only agent with the intellect and credibility to usurp any of Upshaw's authority. But that won't happen. Condon, a former offensive guard with the Chiefs, is Upshaw's underboss. Upshaw's critics claim that Condon is Tony Soprano and Upshaw is Junior Soprano, meaning Upshaw carries the title but Condon wears the crown.

Whatever the case, Upshaw and Condon have a strong alliance, and the NFLPA is infiltrated with IMG-trained lawyers and lieutenants.

Bottom line: There are no legitimate threats to Upshaw's power, and there is no reason for him to rush a deal. He's overreaching by asking for 60 percent of total revenues, but you're supposed to overreach when you have the kind of leverage Upshaw holds.

Did we complain when David Stern overreached in his dealings with NBA players? No. We applauded. Stern had the hammer, and he used it.

I'm not going to hate on Upshaw now that he wields the hammer. I'll support Upshaw with the same level of enthusiasm I gave President David Palmer. Now, I'll do it from afar, because eventually Tom "Jack Bauer" Condon won't be able to save him from every assassination attempt.

infantrycak
03-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Maddict--we need a link for quoted material or we will have to take it down. Thanks.

chuckm
03-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Maddict--we need a link for quoted material or we will have to take it down. Thanks.

all that stuff is from a Jason Whitlock piece on espn.com ... it's Jason Whitlock so caveat emptor

infantrycak
03-02-2006, 02:59 PM
all that stuff is from a Jason Whitlock piece on espn.com ... it's Jason Whitlock so caveat emptor

Thanks. Here is a Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060302)

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 03:07 PM
oh right sorry. il put it in from now on

texan279
03-02-2006, 03:39 PM
from www.kffl.com

Chiefs | Warfield released
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:19:23 -0800

KCChiefs.com reports the Kansas City Chiefs have terminated the contract of CB Eric Warfield.

Chiefs | Stills released
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:19:08 -0800

KCChiefs.com reports the Kansas City Chiefs have terminated the contract of LB Gary Stills.

Chiefs | McCleon released
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:19:06 -0800

KCChiefs.com reports the Kansas City Chiefs have terminated the contract of CB Dexter McCleon.

Chiefs | Barber released
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:14:47 -0800

KCChiefs.com reports the Kansas City Chiefs have terminated the contract of LB Shawn Barber.

mancunian
03-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Here is a list of cuts so far:

Bills
DT, Sam Adams
FS, Lawyer Milloy
TE, Mark Campell

Broncos
TE, Jeb Putzier
DE, Trevor Price
RB, Mike Andersen

Chiefs
OG, Will Shields
LB, Gary Stills

Cowboys
DT, La'Roi Glover

Dolphins
LT, Damion McIntosh
CB, Sam Madison
CB, Reggie Howard
SS, Tebucky Jones
TE, Lorenzo Diamond

49'ers
CB, Ahmed Plummer
WR, Johnny Morton
DE, Chris Cooper

Giants
G - Jason Whittle
LB - Barrett Green
S - Brent Alexander
S - Shaun Williams (voided contract)

Falcons
DE, Brady Smith

Panthers
RB, Stephan Davis
DT, Brenston Bucker
KR, Rod Smart

Rams
LB, Jeremy Loyd
RB, Arlen Harris
CB, Chris Johnson
S, Mike Furrey

Texans
QB, Tony Banks
FS, Marcus Coleman
RB, Tony Hollings

Titans
OT, Brad Hopkins

some talent there - and didn't Maimi say it was cos of the cap they cut their guys and was nothing to do with performance.

Maddict5
03-02-2006, 03:48 PM
thats why 70% of them are being released

Long Baller
03-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Just heard the deadline for meeting the cap was extended to Sunday night. NFL teams must be freaken now.

The Myth
03-02-2006, 10:36 PM
The only one I'm interested in is Putzier. Especially if the Texans are going with Bush with the first overall pick, because I want o-line and D after that.as was mentioned in a different thread...he has been released because of lack of blocking skills...is that the kind of O-Line you want?

Big78
03-02-2006, 11:20 PM

Yea notyhin like 35 year old thunder :sarcasm: , but thats the thing with thunder, once u hear it the lightning is long gone.

TexansCM
03-03-2006, 07:56 AM
Jamie Sharper cut by Seahawks. He was hurt most of last year with a staff infection in his knee, but was playing pretty well until that.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2350202

The Hawks also released Andre Dyson, CB.

powerfuldragon
03-03-2006, 10:34 AM
we need sharper back. i miss him

chuckm
03-03-2006, 10:36 AM
we need sharper back. i miss him

my wife would be happy .... she has a Sharper jersey that she refuses to wear since he was released .... she's in mourning ....

keyfro
03-03-2006, 01:13 PM
haha...i bought the jersey after he was released for 15 bucks off the online story via the teams homepage...unfortunetly why would sharper come back here...after his first season of serious injuries it just doens't make sense

touttail
03-04-2006, 01:10 PM
my wife would be happy .... she has a Sharper jersey that she refuses to wear since he was released .... she's in mourning ....

LOL
I have 3 Sharper jerseys and an autographed football by him!
He was my man when with the Texans.

Bobby 119C

Scooter
03-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Steelers released Tommy Maddox (QB) & Willie Williams (CB/KR)

El Tejano
03-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I was wondering when someone was going to mention Willie Williams. I am not sure how good he is. I have seen him make some plays and with our depth at CB, it would not be bad to bring this dude in as a possible starter.

Scooter
03-04-2006, 07:40 PM
at 35 i dont think there's much left in the tank, and he's taken a diminished role in pittsburgh. unless seattle picks him up, i'm willing to bet that he's going to retire.

PapaL
03-05-2006, 08:54 PM
So lets add Kerry Collins - QB OAK, and center Kevin Mawae (NYJ)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2350202

Big78
03-05-2006, 10:50 PM
I know he is 35 years old, but he still has a few years in him. He is a 6 time pro-bowler and one of the top centers in the leage despite his age. I have no idea what his salary was but i expect it was big. Do you think that we could sign him and if so do u think that he would take a pay cut b/c of his age? he is the kind of guy that could be the leader of the O-line and anchor it for several more years. He would be a big time sign, and he would bring credibility to our line... and i think he would look darn good in a Texans uniform.

Dunta_23
03-05-2006, 10:51 PM
I hear its almost certain he is going to New Orleans, he owns a home there and was almost going to go there previous to playing for the Jets...but I just "heard"

ThaShark316
03-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Redskins | Arrington released
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:59:30 -0800

ESPNews reports the Washington Redskins have released LB LaVar Arrington due to salary cap constraints.

Dunta_23
03-05-2006, 11:16 PM
I read that he bought out his remaining contract for 4.0 Mil US...

hot pickle
03-05-2006, 11:21 PM
:drool:

AustinJB
03-06-2006, 12:49 AM
ESPN just reported that Arrington did buy out his contract.

Also...
QB Kerry Collins cut by Raiders
WR Isaac Bruce cut by Rams

keyfro
03-06-2006, 08:41 AM
here we go...if there was a real impact player at linebacker here he is

powerfuldragon
03-06-2006, 08:49 AM
posted 9 hours ago on the who has been cut thread.

Kaiser Toro
03-06-2006, 08:49 AM
here we go...if there was a real impact player at linebacker here he is

He is an enigma. All I know he is a beast that is misunderstood or an injury prone intelligent malcontent. Either way he will be expensive. I really do not know what to think on this one.

thunderkyss
03-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Just saw on ESPN News that the Broncos have cut RB Mike Anderson and DE Trevor Pryce. Wonder what Kubiak thinks about that?

It's been my opinion, that Denver didn't ever really want to run RBBC...... that it's just the way it fell. They do pretty good finding serviceable backs, teaching them how to work in a system, and moving on, when the money get's to be a problem, or in the Champ Bailey thing, when they needed something in a bad way.

I doubt they try to add anymore "thunder" to their line up, Tatum Bell will be their Feature back through next year. They may look to get a quality back up, who may compete for the Job, but I think Denver wants to be a one back team.

One back, who can catch, block, run....... makes for more versatility, I think than having a short yardage guy, a backfield reciever, a between the tackles guy, and a speed guy.

PapaL
03-06-2006, 04:23 PM
So lets add Kerry Collins - QB OAK, and center Kevin Mawae (NYJ)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2350202

So I rescind my comment about Collins being cut....for now. Seems he is still a Raider (for the time being).

z0rpAn
03-07-2006, 11:57 AM
www.nfl.com

Miami releases Junior Seau

powerfuldragon
03-07-2006, 12:07 PM
think smith will bring him here? i hope not.

El Tejano
03-07-2006, 12:59 PM
So I rescind my comment about Collins being cut....for now. Seems he is still a Raider (for the time being).
With our GM, I bet we sign him to be a backup.

PapaL
03-07-2006, 07:40 PM
With our GM, I bet we sign him to be a backup.

I think that move would really be a "WTF?" type move.

z0rpAn
03-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Patriots release LB Willie McGinest

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NE/9294809

now there's someone we definantly need.