PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak on Domanick Davis

texan279
02-24-2006, 07:48 PM
from www.kffl.com

Texans | Kubiak talks about D. Davis
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:40:41 -0800

Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak was asked at the NFL Combine Friday, Feb. 24, about his impressions of RB Domanick Davis and he responded: "I think he's a fine player. I've spent some time with him since I've come to Houston. But I also know in this league it takes two. A lot of teams are playing two or three guys. I know in Denver we did that. I know Domanick did get beat up some this year. I think he missed four or five games. And it never hurts to have another one. I think he'll be a benefit to Domanick if we do add another quality back to our football team in the long haul. He'll continue to do his job. He's a fine player."

infantrycak
02-24-2006, 07:50 PM
It is an interesting phrasing, saying add another quality back rather than use another quality back.

C-Note
02-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Gary just finish off of Total Access and man he is a brick to break....he has some interest in D'Brick!

nunusguy
02-25-2006, 11:17 AM
This is kinda a beneign, indifferent sort of remark about Davis which is hardly
the same as the expression of support he gave in remarks about David Carr.

LikeABoss
02-25-2006, 11:51 AM
I think he'll be a benefit to Domanick if we do add another quality back to our football team in the long haul.

The writing is on the wall folks...

The Marshall Faulk clone playing in Houston is gonna be a fantastic sight to see I guarantee:cool:

DenverBorn
02-25-2006, 12:25 PM
don't forget the Broncos have a history of turning middle round running back picks into 1,000 yard rushers. So saying we need two guys in the backfield is not the same as saying we're going to draft Reggie Bush. Hey didn't CC spend a second round pick on Hollings and a third round pick on Morency? What about those guys?

nunusguy
02-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey didn't CC spend a second round pick on Hollings and a third round pick on Morency? What about those guys?
Hollings is a total, complete bust ! The worst Draft pick the Texans have made to this point. He would have been cut long ago had the team not invested a 2nd rounder in him. On the other hand, Morency appears to have
real potential, though he didn't get too many touches last year. Many feel that if it was just him and Davis, he would bump Davis as the starting RB.

LikeABoss
02-25-2006, 12:52 PM
don't forget the Broncos have a history of turning middle round running back picks into 1,000 yard rushers.

1st - 1,000 yards is nothing to brag about. It can easily be achieved by just giving someone 300+ carries for the whole season. And if it takes you that many carries just to get 1,000 yards for the season, that means you literally SUCK at what you do. Real Talk...

2nd - Mike Shanahan is the Executive Vice President of Football Operations/Head Coach of the Denver Broncos, Gary Kukiak was the offensive coordinator. Using mid to late round draft picks on RB's to fit his system was Mike Shanahan's decision, and his decision alone.

HJam72
02-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Hollings is a total, complete bust ! The worst Draft pick the Texans have made to this point. He would have been cut long ago had the team not invested a 2nd rounder in him. On the other hand, Morency appears to have
real potential, though he didn't get too many touches last year. Many feel that if it was just him and Davis, he would bump Davis as the starting RB.

I think he will, but it's probably going to take a few years (if we don't take Bush, of course).

big homey
02-25-2006, 01:51 PM
1st - 1,000 yards is nothing to brag about. It can easily be achieved by just giving someone 300+ carries for the whole season. And if it takes you that many carries just to get 1,000 yards for the season, that means you literally SUCK at what you do. Real Talk...

2nd - Mike Shanahan is the Executive Vice President of Football Operations/Head Coach of the Denver Broncos, Gary Kukiak was the offensive coordinator. Using mid to late round draft picks on RB's to fit his system was Mike Shanahan's decision, and his decision alone.
I'm pretty sure Davis didn't need 64 more carries to get 24 more yards this year. He's consistent - he always puts up a good 4 yards per carry against defenses stacking the box because of a lack of passing support. Like Kubiak was saying, Davis was overworked and needs another back to spell him.

Marcus
02-25-2006, 01:59 PM
It is an interesting phrasing, saying add another quality back rather than use another quality back.
I noticed that, too! I think he's looking at it in the most simplest of terms. He can either add a player with the 1st pick, or use it to replace a player.

Vinny
02-25-2006, 02:02 PM
I noticed that, too! I think he's looking at it in the most simplest of terms. He can either add a player with the 1st pick, or use it to replace a player.

___________________________________He could have meant add a back like TJ Duckett too. It doesn't look like he was talking about the first pick expressly.

tulexan
02-25-2006, 02:07 PM

The Marshall Faulk clone playing in Houston is gonna be a fantastic sight to see I guarantee:cool:

I agree. It seems like every day there is more news that subtly implies us drafting Reggie.

HardCoreTxn
02-25-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Davis didn't need 64 more carries to get 24 more yards this year. He's consistent - he always puts up a good 4 yards per carry against defenses stacking the box because of a lack of passing support. Like Kubiak was saying, Davis was overworked and needs another back to spell him.

I agree, Davis has been overworked... we have a good tandem in Wells and Davis, they just havent been used properly.

Originally Posted by nunusguy
I dont know who thinks Morency would start over DD, but they need to lay off the hooch, Morency is a #3 RB at best, he still has to prove he can take Wells spot before DD's

LikeABoss
02-25-2006, 02:51 PM
he always puts up a good 4 yards per carry against defenses stacking the box because of a lack of passing support.

Here's where your argument is flawed. If Domanick was going up against 8-9 man fronts, then that would mean Andre is singled-covered. Andre WOULD break records against single-coverages!!! Andre Johnson is the ONLY deep threat, take it to the house kind of weapon in this offense who opposing teams respect and gameplan to stop. NO ONE gameplans to stop Domanick Davis...:rolleyes:

infantrycak
02-25-2006, 02:59 PM
NO ONE gameplans to stop Domanick Davis...:rolleyes:

All those commentators and coaches were wrong last season I guess. 2004 folks focused on AJ and the passing game. Last year with the disaster of an O we had, the only thing functioning was the running game--don't forget AJ was out or hobbled in several games last year as well. It was correctly noted a number of times last year by the commentators and by several opposing coaches in pre and post game interviews that teams were focusing on shutting DD down to put the Texans in 3rd and long so they could pin their ears back on Carr. Doesn't mean DD is Walter Peyton--just means teams focus on the most productive part of an opposing O.

LikeABoss
02-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Wow, all those commentators and coaches were wrong last season I guess. 2004 folks focused on AJ and the passing game. Last year with the disaster of an O we had, the only thing functioning was the running game. It was correctly noted a number of times last year by the commentators and by several opposing coaches in pre and post game interviews that teams were focusing on shutting DD down to put the Texans in 3rd and long so they could pin their ears back on Carr. Doesn't mean DD is Walter Peyton--just means teams focus on the most productive part of an opposing O.

There is no way to deny that Andre would not be having career days if opposing defenses were stacking the line to stop Domanick Davis. A 6'3" 219lb WR that runs a 4.3 40 out matches a 5'11" CB 99% of the time, especially if he is as talented as Andre.

I didn't get to watch many Texan games at all last season, but I know the damage Andre would do when healthy and seeing single-coverages all game long. There is no denying that. Teams just cannot afford to leave Andre single covered and expect not to pay for it.

GP
02-25-2006, 03:54 PM
DD
Wells
Morency
Bush

A guy like Kubiak sees that sort of lineup and thinks it fits pretty well with what he was a part of in Denver.

I think Kubiak and his o line coaches think they can slavage our current o line, based on the semi-flattering comments they have paid the o line by saying that they are going to get in there and work with them and blah-blah-blah. They aren't wasting their breath. They're not playing mind games to conceal their draft strategy. I think they really are going to try and re-coach the current line by just improving the pass blocking since the zone blocking in the run game has produced better-than-average results considering we shouldn't have had any sort of coherent and effective running game at all with the kind of season our o line had in the pass blocking game.

I want 'Brick really bad...but I just think Kubiak and staff are salivating at acquiring one more solid RB to add to the roster of DD, Wells, and Morency. Only trouble is that we'll be forced to pay Wells for his improvement or let him go to another team to try his hand at starting for a team. Which is all the more reason for Kubiak to draft Bush.

LikeABoss
02-25-2006, 04:29 PM
All those commentators and coaches were wrong last season I guess. 2004 folks focused on AJ and the passing game. Last year with the disaster of an O we had, the only thing functioning was the running game--don't forget AJ was out or hobbled in several games last year as well. It was correctly noted a number of times last year by the commentators and by several opposing coaches in pre and post game interviews that teams were focusing on shutting DD down to put the Texans in 3rd and long so they could pin their ears back on Carr. Doesn't mean DD is Walter Peyton--just means teams focus on the most productive part of an opposing O.

Okay, let me use the Washignton Redskins as a pefect example in a similar situation. We know that Joe Gibbs is the kind of coach who likes to run the football, so he brings in Clinton Portis to carry the load for him. Teams know that Clinton could take it to the house if they do not account for him, so teams would stack the line of scrimmage to stop the him.

Now last season (2004), that's all Clinton faced was 8-9 man fronts and the Redskins had no deep threat WR none whatsoever to counter the line of scrimmage being stacked. So after the 2004 season, people were questioning whether Clinton was the product of the Denver's system and was he the right kind of back for Gibbs offense.

So for the 2005 season, Gibbs made a few changes to the offense, Clinton added on a few pounds to sustain the pounding he was taking with all those carries he was getting, and in comes the addition of Santana Moss.

Teams still figured Washington was gonna continue running Clinton Portis, so these teams would continue stacking the line of scrimmage to stop Clinton Portis. This would then leave their CB on a island with the speedster Santana Moss, who would later make them pay for it, which was the reason he(Moss) was voted to the Pro Bowl this year.

The addition of Santana Moss to the Redskins offense was one of the primary reasons why teams couldn't stack the line of scrimmage anymore to stop the run, was one of the primary reasons Clinton didn't see those 8-9 man fronts which was why he was able to rush for 1,500 yards again, and was one of the primary reasons Mark Brunell was able to resurrect his career.

Now my point is, if were getting this Pro Bowl production from the run game that everyone claims we are getting with Davis. That would then create opportunities for the passing game to open up without seeing much attention from the defense. As of now, I do not see the running game opening up opportunities for the passing game.

So that leaves me to believe that teams were really not stacking the line with 8-9 man fronts to stop Domanick Davis cause if so, AJ would have torched them, and that did not happen.

Texas
02-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Really kubiak could have meant anything by this comment...I am one of the beleivers that thinks hes hinting a tad bit at taking reggie bush...However he could also mean picking up someone else in a trade/FA or trying to give more playing time to one of our other RB's.

big homey
02-25-2006, 09:03 PM
So that leaves me to believe that teams were really not stacking the line with 8-9 man fronts to stop Domanick Davis cause if so, AJ would have torched them, and that did not happen.
The problem is that Pendry never sent AJ downfield. The passing game relied so heavily on 3-step drops and short routes that stacking defenders in the box shut down both the rushing and passing offense. Couple that with poor pass protection and you get a pretty defunct offense.

In the second Jax game we took a few shots downfield and it worked. The defense lost us that game.

thunderkyss
02-25-2006, 09:17 PM
The problem is that Pendry never sent AJ downfield. The passing game relied so heavily on 3-step drops and short routes that stacking defenders in the box shut down both the rushing and passing offense. Couple that with poor pass protection and you get a pretty defunct offense.

In the second Jax game we took a few shots downfield and it worked. The defense lost us that game.

Not only that, but with eight men in the box, you still have one safety over the top. From watcing a little film, how hard could it be to figure that one safety doesn't have to worry about another reciever... just watch the QBs eyes....

LikeABoss
02-25-2006, 10:24 PM

What about the 2004 season?

When AJ was having his Pro Bowl year and teams started to throw those double and triple team coverages at him.

Davis didn't take advantage of the opportunities the passing game opened up for him that year.

Put Ladanian Tomlinson in that similar situation, and Ladanian would had a field day going up against the 6-7 man fronts Davis was seeing that year.

Ya boy Davis is average man, real talk...

big homey
02-25-2006, 10:48 PM
What about the 2004 season?

When AJ was having his Pro Bowl year and teams started to throw those double and triple team coverages at him.

Davis didn't take advantage of the opportunities the passing game opened up for him that year.

Put Ladanian Tomlinson in that similar situation, and Ladanian would had a field day going up against the 6-7 man fronts Davis was seeing that year.

Ya boy Davis is average man, real talk...
I think '04 was the year the offense switched to a zone blocking scheme, so there was a sort of transition for DD there. I don't remember any instances of him underperforming that year (he actually broke long runs for TD's that season, rather than getting caught). He also put up his best career receiving numbers (588 yards). I'm not saying the guy is LT, but he's better than you give him credit for.

LikeABoss
02-25-2006, 10:58 PM
I think '04 was the year the offense switched to a zone blocking scheme, so there was a sort of transition for DD there. I don't remember any instances of him underperforming that year (he actually broke long runs for TD's that season, rather than getting caught). He also put up his best career receiving numbers (588 yards). I'm not saying the guy is LT, but he's better than you give him credit for.

On 302 carries, the most yards Davis could get was 1,188 yards with an average of 3.9 ypc while facing 6-7 man fronts from opposing defenses because AJ was dominating opposing secondaries that year. It took him 300 carries just to put up 1,100 yards:confused:

The dude is average, he's the only RB on the current roster talented enough to actually produce while on the field, but please believe that when a more talented RB is added to this team, ya boy Davis will not be starting:ok:

dat_boy_yec
02-25-2006, 11:42 PM
On 302 carries, the most yards Davis could get was 1,188 yards with an average of 3.9 ypc while facing 6-7 man fronts from opposing defenses because AJ was dominating opposing secondaries that year. It took him 300 carries just to put up 1,100 yards:confused:

The dude is average, he's the only RB on the current roster talented enough to actually produce while on the field, but please believe that when a more talented RB is added to this team, ya boy Davis will not be starting:ok:

I disagree, I think DD will be starting. Depending on his performance and whoever he shares the carries with though he might not be the main back during the game. Denver starts Anderson but that does not mean he will get the majority of the playing time. Also I do believe DD is above average, maybe not a pro-bowler or a top 15 back, but definetely above average. The thing you have to respect about DD is that he is a competitor with heart and nobody can take that away from him. With all that said I still hope they bring in Bush.

TexanSam
02-25-2006, 11:53 PM
I disagree, I think DD will be starting. Depending on his performance and whoever he shares the carries with though he might not be the main back during the game. Denver starts Anderson but that does not mean he will get the majority of the playing time. Also I do believe DD is above average, maybe not a pro-bowler or a top 15 back, but definetely above average. The thing you have to respect about DD is that he is a competitor with heart and nobody can take that away from him. With all that said I still hope they bring in Bush.

I don't feel like looking up the stats, but from the top of my head, Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell combined rushed for 1935 yards. I think they had a combined 4.5 average or something close to that. Don't remember the amount of touchdowns. Tatum Bell only had 18 catches however, and I think Reggie Bush would be more of a recieving threat than that. Heck, we'll probably line him up at reciever once in a while. Domanick Davis is better than Mike Anderson and Reggie Bush is better than Tatum Bell, IMO. We could be looking at a two-headed monster should Reggie Bush end up being drafted. Reggie Bush running for 1200 yards and Domanick Davis running for 900 sounds pretty enticing to me.

mancunian
02-26-2006, 03:48 PM
from www.kffl.com (http://www.kffl.com)

Texans | Kubiak talks about D. Davis
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:40:41 -0800

Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak was asked at the NFL Combine Friday, Feb. 24, about his impressions of RB Domanick Davis and he responded: "I think he's a fine player. I've spent some time with him since I've come to Houston. But I also know in this league it takes two. A lot of teams are playing two or three guys. I know in Denver we did that. I know Domanick did get beat up some this year. I think he missed four or five games. And it never hurts to have another one. I think he'll be a benefit to Domanick if we do add another quality back to our football team in the long haul. He'll continue to do his job. He's a fine player."

so at a guess Kubiak will draft another RB, doesn't mean that will be Bush though huh?

HomeBred_Texan
02-26-2006, 05:09 PM
so at a guess Kubiak will draft another RB, doesn't mean that will be Bush though huh?
Stir that pot. Could it be a trade down and pick up Deangelo Williams, RB - Memphis? He is a pure rushing stud, but lacks catching abilities...

CITY CAT
02-26-2006, 05:28 PM
If he drafts Bush, it seems he will still use Davis. Is he really taken into D-brick?

TheOgre
02-26-2006, 05:36 PM
It just seems like we over-analyze every little thing that anyone in the "know" says. Give it a rest already!!

real
02-26-2006, 06:37 PM
I don't feel like looking up the stats, but from the top of my head, Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell combined rushed for 1935 yards. I think they had a combined 4.5 average or something close to that. Don't remember the amount of touchdowns. Tatum Bell only had 18 catches however, and I think Reggie Bush would be more of a recieving threat than that. Heck, we'll probably line him up at reciever once in a while. Domanick Davis is better than Mike Anderson and Reggie Bush is better than Tatum Bell, IMO. We could be looking at a two-headed monster should Reggie Bush end up being drafted. Reggie Bush running for 1200 yards and Domanick Davis running for 900 sounds pretty enticing to me.

Do you really think DD is better than MA??? Thats interesting...

Hardcore Texan
02-26-2006, 06:45 PM
There is no way to deny that Andre would not be having career days if opposing defenses were stacking the line to stop Domanick Davis. A 6'3" 219lb WR that runs a 4.3 40 out matches a 5'11" CB 99% of the time, especially if he is as talented as Andre.

I didn't get to watch many Texan games at all last season, but I know the damage Andre would do when healthy and seeing single-coverages all game long. There is no denying that. Teams just cannot afford to leave Andre single covered and expect not to pay for it.

Well, you need to look for last season on DVD somewhere and see how it all transpired. Because Infrantrycak hit the nail on the head and that is exactly how it happened. And for the record, SEVERAL teams came out and said they were gameplanning to stop DD. Not really a revelation when he is 60% of the offense and we have no passing game or passing protection.
I wonder why DD gets banged up, hummm. :rolleyes:

CITY CAT
02-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Like I have said before, the "trade downers" and other "non-Bush" fans like DD and I think most are afraid that getting Bush will take away the talent of Domanik Davis. However, I think and hope that even with Bush DD will be used to a large extent. He just signed a contract extension last season, so getting rid of him will really hurt the cap. DD should be used, so all the people that are afraid that this is the end of DD in H-town shouldn't be worried.:twocents:

ArlingtonTexan
02-26-2006, 07:40 PM
It just seems like we over-analyze every little thing that anyone in the "know" says. Give it a rest already!!

:highfive:

mancunian
02-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Stir that pot. Could it be a trade down and pick up Deangelo Williams, RB - Memphis? He is a pure rushing stud, but lacks catching abilities...

Do we actually need a pass catching RB - isn't that one of Davis' strengths?

thunderkyss
02-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Like I have said before, the "trade downers" and other "non-Bush" fans like DD and I think most are afraid that getting Bush will take away the talent of Domanik Davis. However, I think and hope that even with Bush DD will be used to a large extent. He just signed a contract extension last season, so getting rid of him will really hurt the cap. DD should be used, so all the people that are afraid that this is the end of DD in H-town shouldn't be worried.:twocents:

It's not that..... with all the speed we have at WR, and the three backs we've got, picking Bush pretty much wastes a pick. He adds little to our team, definitely not what we need.

killeentexan
02-27-2006, 02:15 PM
It's not that I'm afraid Bush will take away the talent of Davis...it's just that I think we have more pressing needs in other areas and that I think we are set at RB.

Frills
02-27-2006, 02:16 PM
The issue I have is I don't trust Casserly to negotiate any trade possibilities.

Wells is most likely gone in FA, Hollings should be cut, leaving DD and Morency. Draft Bush and we have a damn good 1-2 and in case one goes down we have a good back-up.

thunderkyss
02-27-2006, 02:22 PM
The issue I have is I don't trust Casserly to negotiate any trade possibilities.

Wells is most likely gone in FA, Hollings should be cut, leaving DD and Morency. Draft Bush and we have a damn good 1-2 and in case one goes down we have a good back-up.

Resign Wells....... put a leash on Casserly in the form of Dan Reeves....

Problem solved........... NNNEEEEEXXXXXTTTT.

tulexan
02-27-2006, 02:42 PM
we don't have offensive playmakers and Bush is one. i think that he does fill a significant hole. it might not be the highest priority, but surrounding Carr with playmakers is very important for the team's success.

jerek
02-27-2006, 02:47 PM

True statement, unfortunately. Whether it was Cass himself or his underlings that have negotiated some of our real barn burners in years past, regardless these deals were negotiated on his watch.

I still want to trade the pick, though I don't mind the Bush pickup; it just seems we could get more value across the board. Bush in this case seems kind of like a "no-brainer:" an easy but uncreative pick, and with all of the draft experts proclaiming Bush and the Texans a done deal, it is an easier deal from a CYA standpoint.

Still, I would love to see a trade down, maybe in the 4-8 range, plus additional heavy weight draft real estate. Don't have the draft value chart in front of me and I don't know what we can negotiate, and I doubt any of us really will until 1-2 weeks before the draft. No real offers will be made or heavily considered until then any way.

dat_boy_yec
02-27-2006, 08:54 PM
It's not that..... with all the speed we have at WR, and the three backs we've got, picking Bush pretty much wastes a pick. He adds little to our team, definitely not what we need.

Ok, I hate to break it to you. We do have speed at WR, but they ALL need work on their hands. This is actually a strength of Bush and at RB we don't have back that I would call speed backs. So I think that he brings balance to the team that we really need.

dat_boy_yec
02-27-2006, 08:56 PM

I think you should re-sign Wells cut Hollings and put Morency on the trade block and see what we can get.. Hell if you want depth keep Hollings.

ATX
02-28-2006, 12:57 AM
If we add Reggie Bush, I'm expecting DD to be that 3rd down back like I've always expected him to be. Of course we can always put DD in the backfield and line up Bush at WR. Hey, why not?

Please_Evolve
02-28-2006, 01:20 AM
most likely bush would be the third down back with DD getting the bulk of the work. I'd like to see Reggie maintain his combine weight and see his pro day at USC. I do think we could make a lot of creative plays with him but I still think he'd be a ten touch a game back the first year. I'm not sure about his blocking ability either.

All that said. I still think it wouldn't matter if we don't get our Oline fixed. A good Oline would turn DD, Wells and Morency into a very productive trio.

The Dude Abides
02-28-2006, 01:59 AM

Umm, sorry Casserly can get quality in a trade. Last time I checked when he was GM of Washington, he traded the rights for Ricky Williams to New Orleans and in return received the following picks...

1-12-1999 Chicago Bears QB Cade McNown
3-71-1999 Chicago Bears WR D'Wayne Bates
4-107-1999 Washington Redskins LB Nate Stimson
5-144-1999 Chicago Bears LB Khari Samuel
6-179-1999 Denver Broncos TE Desmond Clark
7-218-1999 Denver Broncos WR Billy Miller
1-2-2000 Washington Redskins LB La'Var Arrington
3-64-2000 Washington Redskins DB Lloyd Harrison

As you can tell, Casserly either trades these picks or drafted a few players. I'm not saying he can draft, but to say you can't trust Casserly to negotiate trades is in fact, wrong.

Linkage -> http://www.drafthistory.com/articles/article23.html

thunderkyss
02-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Ok, I hate to break it to you. We do have speed at WR, but they ALL need work on their hands. This is actually a strength of Bush and at RB we don't have back that I would call speed backs. So I think that he brings balance to the team that we really need.

There you go..... Reggie Bush is a Running back.. if you're going to draft him #1 overall, as a running back, then he needs to be able to do the things #1 overall running backs do. If you're going to use him primarily as a WR, then you need to figure out where he'll rank with the current crop of WRs in the draft.

Then, instead of spending your money on a WR/RB #1 overall in the draft, why don't you just teach our boys how to catch, or invest in some stick'um??

Tha_Tinman
03-01-2006, 03:18 AM

If David Carr could get rid of the ball. I swear that guy is on his back more than a $2 @#$%&!

skillz24
05-12-2006, 01:25 AM
kubiak's words aren't just interesting, their complete genius. lets list his former 1000+ rushers shall we, mike anderson, tatum bell, reuben droughns, clinton portis was a god anyways, oh and terrell davis. not the biggest or fastest guys on the field eithier. kubiak is an offensive genius, especially when it comes to the running game. right now i am expecting davis to go for 1200+, smith to go for about 800+; if he signs, and morency to be around 400-500 yards. i also expect smith to be around 10+ rushing touchdowns, since he will be the go to guy inside the ten...:bowser:. but lets not forget about carr, he will have a much relaxed year around 2500+ yards passing, hopefully 20 tds and no more than 14 ints, oh yeah almost forgot about 50 less sacks than last year too.

WILLIEG
05-12-2006, 01:30 AM
I' m not sure Smith or Morency will even make the 53 man roster. There is a good reason why GK is bringing in so many players besides just competion. I believe that he is truly seeking the best available players even if some of the guys are vets and some were on the old roster. It's a new regime so don't be surprised to see some changes that might leave you scratching your head.

skillz24
05-12-2006, 01:39 AM
you guys act as if bush was the micheal jordan of football. there are alot of problems when it comes to bush being a star in the nfl. 1. his size...he is too small to be an effective runner between the tackles nor is he tall enough to compete with cornerbacks and safeties for the deep ball. 2. his speed...bush is fast at 4.34 forty, but does he have the elusive speed to outrun professional linebackers to the sidelines which is what he'll need to do. there is a big difference between college and pros, and its not the money. 3. durability...he may be young, agile, and quick now, but how long are his knees, hips, and back going to hold up? if you ever watch him in college, he does take hits from defensive lineman like jullius peppers or linebackers like spykes, he gets drug down by professional rejects like joey flat foot.

in my opinion bush isn't anything more than a flashier maurice claurett or a more agile trung canidate. both where high prospect runningbacks in college, both were major disappointments.

Kaiser Toro
05-12-2006, 01:41 AM
Zombie thread