PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor

Doom Capers
02-21-2006, 11:01 PM
OK, hear me about before you start the "he is dirty, he is trouble, blah blah." I recently read that the Redskins were about to enter salary cap hell. Does anyone think it would be possible that we could make a trade for this guy and take him out of their pockets?

mexican_texan
02-21-2006, 11:06 PM
OK, hear me about before you start the "he is dirty, he is trouble, blah blah." I recently read that the Redskins were about to enter salary cap hell. Does anyone think it would be possible that we could make a trade for this guy and take him out of their pockets?
I believe that we cannot make trades with the Mean Machine.:)

hadaad
02-21-2006, 11:07 PM
To clarify, it looks like Sean Taylor could be heading to jail for pointing a gun (firing a gun?) at a crowd of people.

Doom Capers
02-21-2006, 11:09 PM
To clarify, it looks like Sean Taylor could be heading to jail for pointing a gun (firing a gun?) at a crowd of people.

IT'S WORTHHHH THE RISKKKKKKKK

hadaad
02-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Does he count against the cap if he's in jail?

And aren't the Postons his agents? I think that's a bigger risk than the jail thing...

mexican_texan
02-21-2006, 11:29 PM
He could be going to jail and the Texans would have won many superbowls by the time he comes out.

***Last I heard, he could be going to jail for up to 96 years. But I don't remember the source, so don't take it too seriously.

The Dude Abides
02-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Let's just add him and Ricky.

texan279
02-22-2006, 12:09 AM
from www.kffl.com

Redskins | Police and courts: Sean Taylor
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:07:53 -0800

Updating ongoing reports, Associated Press reports Washington Redskins S Sean Taylor faces up to 46 years in prison after two additional charges were filed against him Friday, Jan. 27. Taylor faces three counts of aggravated assault; each carries a minimum of three years and a maximum of 15 years in prison. He also has one misdemeanor battery charge that carries a potential one-year prison term. Trial has been scheduled for March 20. Taylor has pleaded not guilty and remains free on a $16,500 bond.

I was against trading up for this guy a few years ago and I personally hope he never wears a Texan uniform...

Corrosion
02-22-2006, 01:44 AM
Put that trade on ice ....and forget about it . The guy may have all the Potential in the world but he has too many issues ..... spitting on players .... in a play-off game no less .... getting thrown out .... pointing guns at people ... and probably going to serve extensive prison time.

Ill pass.....

Maddict5
02-22-2006, 06:31 AM
1- this trade would never happen cos hes too good for the skins to let him go.
2- id love to see him @ houston cos he's really good- wait he spat on a player(call the police) and pointed a gun at some1 stealing his SUV- oh we def. shouldnt get him. im not agreeing with the spitting or anything but hes not going around breaking peoples legs(roy williams) or anything- and the skins say he was a model player all this year. anyway my guess is he'll either make a plea and do some minor time (<1 year) or he'll get off totally

texan279
02-22-2006, 07:21 AM
2- id love to see him @ houston cos he's really good- wait he spat on a player(call the police) and pointed a gun at some1 stealing his SUV- oh we def. shouldnt get him. im not agreeing with the spitting or anything but hes not going around breaking peoples legs(roy williams) or anything- and the skins say he was a model player all this year. anyway my guess is he'll either make a plea and do some minor time (<1 year) or he'll get off totally

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2075361)

No one stole his SUV...
According to a police statement, Taylor pointed a gun at an unidentified person Wednesday during a dispute over two all-terrain vehicles he claimed were stolen. Taylor left the scene but returned about 10 minutes later and punched one person.He has fired two agents, was fined for skipping one day of the NFL's mandatory rookie symposium and was accused of spitting on a player during a game at Cincinnati, although he was not punished because the league said there was no video evidence.
He was also charged with drunken driving in October, when he was pulled over at 2:45 a.m. after attending a birthday party for receiver Rod Gardner. Those charges were dismissed in January.

TEXANRED
02-22-2006, 08:41 AM
from www.kffl.com

Redskins | Police and courts: Sean Taylor
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:07:53 -0800

Updating ongoing reports, Associated Press reports Washington Redskins S Sean Taylor faces up to 46 years in prison after two additional charges were filed against him Friday, Jan. 27. Taylor faces three counts of aggravated assault; each carries a minimum of three years and a maximum of 15 years in prison. He also has one misdemeanor battery charge that carries a potential one-year prison term. Trial has been scheduled for March 20. Taylor has pleaded not guilty and remains free on a $16,500 bond.

I was against trading up for this guy a few years ago and I personally hope he never wears a Texan uniform...
This is what kills me. Sean Taylor will settle and end up serving either a suspended jail sentence with probation or a short stay in jail and return to playing in the NFL. McMichael for the Dolphins throws his pregnant girlfriend out of a moving car and still plays for the NFL. Ray Lewis is involved in and covers up a murder and wins a superbowl ring. Culpepper and company are involved in sexual assualt charges, when its all said and done they will still have there jobs in the NFL.

Ricky grows his dreds and smokes some pot, doesn't hurt anyone, and gets "witch hunted" to the point now he is not in the NFL.

So, really what the NFL is saying is it's o.k. to beat, rape, murder, and assualt others, just don't smoke that grassy stuff.:ok:

nunusguy
02-22-2006, 09:22 AM
This is what kills me. Sean Taylor will settle and end up serving either a suspended jail sentence with probation or a short stay in jail and return to playing in the NFL. McMichael for the Dolphins throws his pregnant girlfriend out of a moving car and still plays for the NFL. Ray Lewis is involved in and covers up a murder and wins a superbowl ring. Culpepper and company are involved in sexual assualt charges, when its all said and done they will still have there jobs in the NFL.
Ricky grows his dreds and smokes some pot, doesn't hurt anyone, and gets "witch hunted" to the point now he is not in the NFL.
So, really what the NFL is saying is it's o.k. to beat, rape, murder, and assualt others, just don't smoke that grassy stuff.:ok:
All true. And don't forget Leonard Little, who killed a woman when driving
drunk. And after that, incredibly, got another DWI. And is still playing in the NFL today ! You or I couldn't sleep at night, but he's out there playing ball,
making tons of money, enjoying life.

kastofsna
02-22-2006, 10:56 AM
well, to be fair, ricky failed 4 drug tests, and mcmichael only beat his wife twice. come on, use common sense

taylor's the best safety i've ever seen, it'd be a shame to see him go to prison. also, no way the redskins trade him if he stays on the roster

TEXANRED
02-22-2006, 01:21 PM
well, to be fair, ricky failed 4 drug tests, and mcmichael only beat his wife twice. come on, use common sense

That was sarcasm....................................Right?

I would much rather have someone who puffs a little smoke than a person with blood on their hands. Call me crazy.

Say what you want about Ricky, but before the league started with Ricky about his drug use he showed up to practice, gave 200% in every game, and personally, by himself, made the Saints and Dolphins into playoff teams.

At the same time we let Lewis, McMichael, Little, and a whole host of sex offenders, wife beaters, and thugs play on a weekly basis.:soapbox:

RiotCommander
02-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Well I did want to draft him a few years back. I stand by what I said then. You cannot deny that he does get it done on the field. I had no idea the guy was going to go crazy gunning people down. :brickwall

Dime
02-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Well I did want to draft him a few years back. I stand by what I said then. You cannot deny that he does get it done on the field. I had no idea the guy was going to go crazy gunning people down. :brickwall

Well, I guess you are right.. he is a playmaker... On and off the field.

kastofsna
02-22-2006, 06:51 PM
That was sarcasm....................................Right?

I would much rather have someone who puffs a little smoke than a person with blood on their hands. Call me crazy.

Say what you want about Ricky, but before the league started with Ricky about his drug use he showed up to practice, gave 200% in every game, and personally, by himself, made the Saints and Dolphins into playoff teams.

At the same time we let Lewis, McMichael, Little, and a whole host of sex offenders, wife beaters, and thugs play on a weekly basis.:soapbox:
yes, sarcasm, indeed. well noticed

ricky has never been to the playoffs in a dolphins uniform. the saints didn't start their playoff run till after he got hurt in 2000

bottomline, he had 4 chances to stay in the league. he blew it. hard to feel bad for the guy

Bubbajwp
02-22-2006, 08:34 PM
I think they would want to much in a trade for him.

texan279
06-01-2006, 12:40 AM

from www.kffl.com

Redskins | Police and courts: Taylor will accept plea deal
Wed, 31 May 2006 20:57:30 -0700

Amy Shipley, of the Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins FS Sean Taylor has reached a plea deal in his felony assault case that ensures he will not spend a day in jail and the felony charges against him will be dismissed, according to one of Taylor's attorneys. The agreement will require the approval of Judge Leonard Glick and will be presented during a hearing Thursday, June 1, in Miami-Dade County Circuit Court. Taylor's attorney, Larry R. Handfield, said Taylor would plead no contest to one misdemeanor battery charge and on misdemeanor assault charge. Taylor agreed to visit 10 schools in the inner city and provide $1,000 to each school.

ledzeppelin229
06-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Wow...if this isn't special treatment/essentially bribery I don't know what is. Why the hell would they want this guy visiting schools anyway? It's so sickening the deals some of these people get...from felons to free men...Just don't understand what's going on in this world.

hot pickle
06-01-2006, 09:17 AM
i know most of yall wont agree with me, but i think that taylor is gonna try to turn himself in the right direction. it will be interesting to see if he stays out of trouble

edo783
06-01-2006, 10:36 AM
i know most of yall wont agree with me, but i think that taylor is gonna try to turn himself in the right direction. it will be interesting to see if he stays out of trouble

Well I'm all for him turning things around and truly hope that he does. However, by letting him slide with what amounts to a slap on the hands will very likely make him think he can get away with just about anything because of his celebraty status and money. The rich and famous seldome spend time in the pen because they can afford a defense team that makes the typical proscuter look like an amature.