PDA

View Full Version : Antwan Randle El???

BuffSoldier
02-21-2006, 06:22 PM
First and foremost, I am not good with the salary cap so if any of you other guys could tell me how much we would have to pay him and how hard of a cap hit it would cause I would appreciate it...:)

But down to buisness. Do you guys think that Randle El would be a good FA pickup for the Texans? Along with Reggie Wayne, they are the 2 best FA WR on the market and they would give the Texans that second option that they have been looking for so long. Now Randle El is my personal first choice because of his versatility. He can be a productive WR and is also a great punt returner, not to mention that he threw a TD in the SuperBowl. With Randle El we would be able to fill two needs become an instant impact player.

Whatcha think???

swtbound07
02-21-2006, 06:27 PM
First and foremost, I am not good with the salary cap so if any of you other guys could tell me how much we would have to pay him and how hard of a cap hit it would cause I would appreciate it...:)

But down to buisness. Do you guys think that Randle El would be a good FA pickup for the Texans? Along with Reggie Wayne, they are the 2 best FA WR on the market and they would give the Texans that second option that they have been looking for so long. Now Randle El is my personal first choice because of his versatility. He can be a productive WR and is also a great punt returner, not to mention that he threw a TD in the SuperBowl. With Randle El we would be able to fill two needs become an instant impact player.

Whatcha think???

I believe that scuttlebut has him going to chicago

The Myth
02-21-2006, 06:27 PM
All the talk has him wanting to go home to Chicago. Chicago I'm sure will gladly take him. I think he will actually take a little less money to go to Chicago than somewhere else. Sure would be interesting to have him though. I would go for it. :redtowel:

TreWardTxn
02-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Man, I really like Antwan, but I don't think signing him would be worth the cost. We have Mathis, who does well on punt returns, if we have Bush next year, we don't need another guy to throw screens to (Bush and AJ). Signing him up so you can run a "gadget" play every now and then doesn't make much sense. And besides all that, he's not the kind of guy you consistently send down the field to stretch the defense, allowing AJ to work the coverage underneath, that's the kind of guy we need, and unless someone better is available out there (Wayne won't be) then I think we should look at Donald Driver...

keyfro
02-21-2006, 06:32 PM
randle el would be a great pick up here in houston...unfortunetly why would he come here...coming off a superbowl victory he probably wants to go to a contender and right now we're not a contender...chicago is and is probably at the beginning of their nfc north dominance for atleast 5 years...pittsburgh could re-sign him but it would be hard with their cap situation...great talent but not enough reasons for him to come down here unfortunetly

jacquescas
02-21-2006, 06:34 PM
he isn't a great number 2 guy and doesn't have deep threat, he will be best in the slot. and not worth the money

pskinny
02-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Donald Driver's under contract I believe. I don't think Mathis is ready to be an every down receiver, and I'm not sure he ever will be. He has great straight line speed, but doesn't have the ability to stop and cut, such as it takes to run a precise route and get open in the NFL. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my perception.

If Randle El is available for a reasonable price, the Texans would be stupid not to persue.

The Myth
02-21-2006, 06:40 PM
he isn't a great number 2 guy and doesn't have deep threat, he will be best in the slot. and not worth the money
Good point. He is a good #3, not a #2 though. Sure is nice what he can do after the catch though.

gtexan02
02-21-2006, 07:12 PM
maybe he could also serve as Carr's competition. He has one of the best career passer ratings in NFL history lol

southtexan
02-21-2006, 08:22 PM

Whatcha think???
He would be a nice addition but our priority should be offensive line and defense, in that particular order.

Erratic Assassin
02-21-2006, 09:31 PM
I was listening to the radio a few minutes ago and this yahoo calls in.

"I've been hearin' a lotta this an' that about Ragie Buuush n' Veeence Young. Wha can't we draft Veeence Young and turn him inta a wide receiver lak that colored fellow down there in Peetsburg?" :brickwall

Koolbrz
02-21-2006, 09:52 PM

Whatcha think???

I think we would be better off going after Donald Driver. He is a great reciever and would take some of the pressure off of AJ. Besides, he is a hometown boy and a great number two reciever. We have Mathis on return duties why even go after Randle El. R. Wayne is not going to leave the Colts.

WiiBrawler
02-21-2006, 09:59 PM

Whatcha think???

hmm lemme think...............................no no and no!:brickwall
We got jabbar gaffney(if we resigned him ), he sure proved himself this year,
also Reggie Wayne, but he is a long shot

dat_boy_yec
02-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Isn't Driver the WR out of Green Bay, I thought he was getting old and wanted to catch balls for Young. (Yeah I exaggerated a bit, don't kill me) What about Bryant?

kastofsna
02-22-2006, 10:03 AM
sorry guys, he's going to play in miami with his old OC that made him what he is today, mike mularkey