PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young has NO class

David's Busted Carr
02-15-2006, 11:01 AM
I will probably get bashed for making this post, but here goes anyway.

If the Texans are looking to keep their "high class" player image they DO NOT want Vince Young. I have really tried to like the guy, but he keeps making me hate him.

1) During his pro announcement he REPEATED over and over how he need to "cash in" on this opportunity. Not to mention the guy can could not even speak proper English and shows up to make the biggest decision of his life with a crooked hat and baggy sweat shirt on.

2) He then immediately starting "cashing in" by charging $80 for non personalized autographs and charged an extra $100 for a picture with him.

OK so even if you overlook those 2 acts and blame it on a bad PR manager or immaturity, what he did yesterday really did it in for me.

The Texas Longhorns are invited to THE WHITE HOUSE to meet THE PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES. As the camera scrolls on CNN all the players are wearing very nice suits and ties until it gets to Vince Young. Vince is wearing some baggy jeans with some tennis shoes and a hoodie sweat shirt.

Who does this guy think he is? Have some repect for your elders, your peers, and most of all the country you live in which is about to let you make MILLIONS of dollars for someone who could not even pass their S.A.T. test.

I DO NOT want this guy as the face of our franchise.

Frills
02-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Couldn't agree more,

thug is not professional dress, he wants to be a pro act it, or enter the NBA draft and play with Iverson

Vinny
02-15-2006, 11:03 AM
I say we throw him in the river...if he floats he is made of wood...then we should burn him.

The problem with the Texans is they are too worried about the "face of the franchise" and need to find some real football players....mean, nasty and all that 'punch you in the mouth' stuff that comes with real football players. I'm more worried about how they play on the field and not how they look in GQ.

Frills
02-15-2006, 11:11 AM
http://images.chron.com/photos/2006/02/14/1122352/311xInlineGallery.jpg

13 suits and 1 pair of Jeans with sweatshirt in the pic...least he knew to remove his crookedass hat

infantrycak
02-15-2006, 11:13 AM
I say we throw him in the river...if he floats he is made of wood...then we should burn him.

Very small rocks... Anybody know where we can get a duck?

Completely aside from who this player is (i.e. I don't think this is unique or particular to VY but is more a societal thing), kids should be taught and expected to act in accordance with some standards of appropriate conduct. I didn't like it when whatever women's team (softball I think) half showed up to the Whitehouse in flip-flops and I don't like it that VY can't be bothered to wear one of the very nice suits someone gave him to wear to the awards ceremonies and the draft. It is disrespectful, but it is more a reflection on these kids parents and society than them.

Coach C.
02-15-2006, 11:14 AM
VY has a thing about not bending to the what society says he should bend toward. I understand a certain amount of militants and irreverence and as long as VY does not cross that line and begin to embarass the struggle I will be happy to see the guy from around my way do his thing. I think he may need to have a talk with his publicist and become more marketable to white society other than Austin and UT men and women, but right now he is really beginning to cater to that MTV crowd so do your thing. This thread does border a bit on that fine line though.

Frills
02-15-2006, 11:15 AM
it has been stated about him getting away from the gang issues he had here when he was younger...if he were to sign an NFL contract here, everyone from his past will be trying to get a piece of him...could be a distraction.

Vinny
02-15-2006, 11:17 AM
it has been stated about him getting away from the gang issues he had here when he was younger...if he were to sign an NFL contract here, everyone from his past will be trying to get a piece of him...could be a distraction.Hey half the forum want's Ray Lewis too...and he was in a car with men who killed someone in an alley. Young dresses badly and we bash him. I get it.

stevo3883
02-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Couldn't agree more,

thug is not professional dress, he wants to be a pro act it, or enter the NBA draft and play with Iverson

gig' em?

Frills
02-15-2006, 11:21 AM
In everyline of work you have to bend to what society wants, its called being professional.

This would be against the NBA dresscode.

There's a difference between being an individual and being respectful...VY doesn't know it.

What fly's in the liberal slanted Austin won't fly in the professional world

Frills
02-15-2006, 11:24 AM
gig' em?

Boomer, but its completely beside the point. OU has had 3 QB come out that ran the spread, none were worth a damn in the NFL. Thats the difference, most fans know that someone can be great in college but not the NFL, UT fans haven't figured it out.

Khari
02-15-2006, 11:28 AM
But when Bush singled him out, Brown admitted: “He didn’t bring his suit.” Later Brown said a relative failed to get it to Young, who has been traveling.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/13872399.htm

all this fuss over flipflops and a missing suit....:rolleyes:

travfrancis
02-15-2006, 11:33 AM
WOW, this thead is truly something else.

Tex-fan0604
02-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey half the forum want's Ray Lewis too...and he was in a car with men who killed someone in an alley. Young dresses badly and we bash him. I get it.

I agree with you .People are now bashing on VY because he doesnt dress to their standards.I really dont care how someone dresses as long as they get it done on the field.Yall people are just haters.I dont see yall supporting DC for having class.Yall keep saying he(DC) has no leadership skills but yet he does all the proper things like showing class and yall still hate on him.

Double Barrel
The problem with the Texans is they are too worried about the "face of the franchise" and need to find some real football players....mean, nasty and all that 'punch you in the mouth' stuff that comes with real football players. I'm more worried about how they play on the field and not how they look in GQ.

yeah, imagine that...we might actually have a *gasp!* winning season if we got some smashmouth players. :hmmm:

I'm amazed at the length people will go to bash a player. Dislike him for his on-field performance, but c'mon, dissing a guy over what he wears?! What are we, fashion police?

"Professional" world? As in "corporate" world? Sorry, dude, these guys are FOOTBALL players, not executives, and I'm not buying into this "no class" business.

I'm not a Young homer/hater. I just find takes like this a bit distasteful.

Frills
FYI Mack can send him somewhere and get him a suit, it no longer violates NCAA rules.

Glad he's making good decisions on who to let handle everyday affairs

tulexan
02-15-2006, 11:36 AM
If you go to the White House, you wear a suit. I'm sorry, but you should respect the President regardless of your political affiliations. He had no problem wearing a suit to the Heisman ceremony and college football awards. And if he realized that he didn't have a suit while he was in Washington, he could have bought one. There are tons of stores and malls in the DC metro area, and he would have no problem buying a suit to wear to the White House.

AtheGreat
02-15-2006, 11:37 AM
But when Bush singled him out, Brown admitted: “He didn’t bring his suit.” Later Brown said a relative failed to get it to Young, who has been traveling.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/13872399.htm

all this fuss over flipflops and a missing suit....:rolleyes:

still, its the idea of it all. you have to have the respect for the place and person you're seeing. there is no way that, once he got there, he couldn't have gotten a suit in D.C. somewhere. he's a great althelte but his class really comes into question with this. oh, and when i saw the thing in the newpaper about him charging $100 for a picture, i almost choked on my toast. guy could really use some lessons in humility.

Khari
02-15-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm not a 'draft young' supporter.....but this thread is just getting nutty.

Frills
02-15-2006, 11:38 AM
yeah, imagine that...we might actually have a *gasp!* winning season if we got some smashmouth players. :hmmm:

I'm amazed at the length people will go to bash a player. Dislike him for his on-field performance, but c'mon, dissing a guy over what he wears?! What are we, fashion police?

"Professional" world? As in "corporate" world? Sorry, dude, these guys are FOOTBALL players, not executives, and I'm not buying into this "no class" business.

I'm not a Young homer/hater. I just find takes like this a bit distasteful.

I view it as distasteful and not respecting our government/country by not making damn sure everything is in order when visiting the White House. The volleyball team that wore flipflops is in the same league.

Look at the youth of today, most need a good thwack to the head to teach them some class and how to conduct themselves.

Vinny
02-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Look at the youth of today, most need a good thwack to the head to teach them some class and how to conduct themselves.If I was the youth of today and you come "thwacking" me on the head you would get your *** kicked for getting in my buisness. All you guys are gossipy like women...geez (no offense to the women out there)

MorKnolle
02-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Does anyone own a couple hundred pairs of boxing gloves so everyone on the board can get together at a playground somewhere and take out their tensions/aggressions there? We can divide into teams and either have a tag team event or else just a huge brawl.

Double Barrel
02-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Hey look, the POTUS can pardon anyone, and he even granted clemency to Vince Young for being suitless!

Brown jumped in: "They didn't bring his suit."

"Oh, that's all right. He doesn't need a suit," Bush said, to the audience's cheers

Hey, President Bush forgave him, why can't you? ;)

Porky
02-15-2006, 11:41 AM
This is the first thing he has done that has really bothered me. I can't say I was wild about gouging for his sig, or how the very first thing he did was go out and buy an expensive sports car, but those were just the marks of someone getting money for the first time, and I overlooked them. But, when you go to meet the President at the White House, show some friggin respect, and wear a suit. Is that too much to ask? While I can appreciate the differences between the NFL and his private life, it says something to me, and it's not good. You have to conform on a football team too, and play by the rules, and show respect to the coaches and elders on the team. It gives me the feeling he thinks the rules may not apply to him because he is BMOC. No one player is above the team, and when you see every single one of these young men show the proper respect at the WH, and then you see him in casual clothes, it shows a complete lack of maturity and understanding. While I am still not entirely opposed to us drafting him, it's made me really think, and I am now teetering for sure. I guess it's safe to say I am off the "draft Vince" bandwagon. And, it's enough for me to change my avatar, which I will do some time today.

Dr. Toro
02-15-2006, 11:41 AM
according to what i read young was shy and embarrassed about not having a suit. there's a blizzard up there, he's been traveling and somebody messed up not getting his suit to him (its not like he could go to foley's and pick one up). it sure looks bad but this is more a reflection of "bad management" than young being a thug. no professioonal management woulld let this happen.

give him a break. hopefully this is a lesson in taking care of your own business and not relying on others. his staff could be handling some stuff better, but everything i've read indicates they're genuine and have jamail, etc. watching out for vince's best interests.

Vinny
02-15-2006, 11:44 AM
I guess it's safe to say I am off the "draft Vince" bandwagon. And, it's enough for me to change my avatar, which I will do some time today.This has to be the dumbest reason I have ever seen to not like a prospect. You guys slay me....I need to go to hpf to talk some real football....this has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen out of some of you.

Frills
02-15-2006, 11:50 AM
2 Men's Warehouses in the DC area.

Double Barrel
02-15-2006, 11:51 AM
oh, and when i saw the thing in the newpaper about him charging $100 for a picture, i almost choked on my toast. guy could really use some lessons in humility.

Before the propaganda gets out of control, Young has stated many times that 100% of his autograph proceeds goes to charity.

Fans and collectors paid $99 to get their picture taken with Young and $79 for his signature, per item.

"It's not really about the pay," Young said at the end of the day. "It's giving back to the community. The money I get is going toward different things I've got set up for the community and foundations."

Source (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/01/23vince.html)

tulexan
02-15-2006, 11:53 AM
There is also a Brooks Brothers, a Lord & Taylors, a Nordstroms, a Nieman Marcus, a Macy's, etc.

cuppacoffee
02-15-2006, 11:53 AM
If a person cannot show respect for the president of the United States then it is doubtful he can show respect for anyone. Its all about drawing attention to yourself, something VY has been doing a lot of lately.

To me it shows more than a lack of respect of others, it in indicative of someone who lacks self respect. We really need that on the Texan team.

Young has a need to self promote. Why is this? Have you ever in your life seen a player compaign so hard to be drafted # 1. If he was all that great he would not feel a need to promote himself.

It's all about the $$ involved. Not a loyalty to T-sip fans, the U of Texas, the city of Houston or the State of Texas.

Wise up Vince, you were not even the best player in college, ( that player receives the Heisman Award ), and you certainly aren't the best player in the draft.

IMHO that is. :twocents:

:coffee:

Fighting Blue Hen
02-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Boomer, but its completely beside the point. OU has had 3 QB come out that ran the spread, none were worth a damn in the NFL. Thats the difference, most fans know that someone can be great in college but not the NFL, UT fans haven't figured it out.

LOL, I knew this guy was an Sooner. I should have known by his ignorant backwoods comments about VY's IQ. I am hearing banjos as I type this.

Khari
02-15-2006, 12:01 PM
All you guys are gossipy like women...geez (no offense to the women out there)

:rolleyes: :challenge

Frills
02-15-2006, 12:08 PM
LOL, I knew this guy was an Sooner. I should have known by his ignorant backwoods comments about VY's IQ. I am hearing banjos as I type this.

Name me 2 QB's that were successful in the NFL that ran the spread in college.

Vinny
02-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Steve McNair ran a playground offense at Alcorn State....There was the same talk about him never being able to run a sophisticated offense when the Oilers were looking at QB's.

TEXANS84
02-15-2006, 12:19 PM
If a person cannot show respect for the president of the United States then it is doubtful he can show respect for anyone. Its all about drawing attention to yourself, something VY has been doing a lot of lately.

To me it shows more than a lack of respect of others, it in indicative of someone who lacks self respect.

President George Bush called out his name, but strangely, the outgoing Vince Young seemed to be hiding behind the other Texas players. Unlike his teammates, Young wasn't wearing a suit and tie for their visit to the White House. "He was supposed to bring it," Mack Brown explained. "Forgot."
-- Houston Chronicle
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/sioncampus/02/15/college/index.html

Spoda
02-15-2006, 12:32 PM
wow...so it's come to this.....the flaming meteor spiraling towards houston of who to draft has splintered....it was once a giant raging we must have bush!! he is gayle sayers!! he may be the best most explosive player of all time!!! then the rose bowl...ahh the rose bowl....everyone ever affiliated with UT came out of the woodwork and all of a sudden vince would be curing cancer playing defense and left tackle while also with his uncomparable leadership skills turning us into a superbowl contender...did you know he is from houston?...then as the weeks went by...you heard whispers of trading..this is sensible...you know what maybe we should trade posts quietly rising....and now..vince didn't wear a suit so he can no longer play football because he is a thug...look in 5 years when vince busts or burns us twice a year nobody is going to look back and say..see if he had worn a suit to washington, it wouldn't have turned out like this!!! we all have opinions, mine is to trade down but c'mon people...he didn't wear a suit....

Porky
02-15-2006, 12:36 PM
I replied and it said the thread was locked. To keep it short and simple here are my points -
I find it very hard to believe someone could not find a decent suit to wear.
I am certainly not saying we shouldn't draft him, but it does knock him down a peg in my book. I dont think we are drafting him anyway, so the point is moot.
I do think he will be a success in the NFL at QB, but I hope he understands that he is not above the team, and that he matures as he gets older. Most do, a few don't. I think he will.
Lastly, we can agree to disagree about this. Some..dare I say many of us hold certain things in very high regard. One of those is paying proper respect to the office of the Presidency. There is no need to insult our sensibilites, or patronize us. Those of you who see it differently, I have no problem with, but I would prefer it if you then treat me with the same courtesy and respect I show you. (not anyone in specific, being general)

Tale Gator
02-15-2006, 12:37 PM
David's Busted Carr...

http://i1.tinypic.com/nvtmc6.jpg

stevo3883
02-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Boomer

thanks, thats all I need to know.

rocka21
02-15-2006, 12:38 PM

To me it shows more than a lack of respect of others, it in indicative of someone who lacks self respect. We really need that on the Texan team.

Young has a need to self promote. Why is this? Have you ever in your life seen a player compaign so hard to be drafted # 1. If he was all that great he would not feel a need to promote himself.

It's all about the $$ involved. Not a loyalty to T-sip fans, the U of Texas, the city of Houston or the State of Texas.

Wise up Vince, you were not even the best player in college, ( that player receives the Heisman Award ), and you certainly aren't the best player in the draft.

IMHO that is. :twocents:

:coffee:

Did you say that on rose bowl night? When he was holding the trophy.

we don't need VINCE!

CARR will take us to the SUPERBOWL!!!!! GIG EM' :ok:

Bullpen Drew
02-15-2006, 12:41 PM
I don't think it's fair to judge him on his attire....

however he is not an intellectual speaker compared to Reggie Bush....as a player Young has more heart....

Those factors will come to play in the decision for the 1st pick.

Texas_Thrill
02-15-2006, 12:43 PM
This has got to be the dumbest thread I've ever read.

Of all the things you can think of to bash a player on you're bashing his CLOTHES????

Please spare about the respect of the president. He was not reporting to a job he was going on a TOUR. Do you wear a suit to a tour of the white house out of respect for the prez?

Again ....one of the top 5 bonehead threads.

chuckm
02-15-2006, 12:43 PM
I wonder if he'll wear a suit to the combine? .... :redtowel: ... this thread is ridiculous

rocka21
02-15-2006, 12:45 PM
the best dressed 31st place team.

Vinny
02-15-2006, 12:47 PM
I just throw up on my self Vinny. Are you kidding me.I'm a much bigger Texans fan than I am any fan of any player. I can live without Young here....If Carr was gone...you would be gone too. I know that.

infantrycak
02-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Please spare about the respect of the president. He was not reporting to a job he was going on a TOUR. Do you wear a suit to a tour of the white house out of respect for the prez?

Again ....one of the top 5 bonehead threads.

Well I won't go with bonehead, but this response isn't exactly stellar either. When you go on a TOUR do you meet the Pres and have a photo op? Duh, no. It was a meeting with your nations leader. Friggin amazing. No one in the world would have any sympathy for a person who arrived at an IBM job interview in sweats and didn't get the job, but an athlete can't be criticized (not crucified, just as in he should have done now let's move on, no character assassination or even weighing against drafting) for not wearing a suit to see the President.

Texas_Thrill
02-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Again....this thread is ridiculous.

Has VY ever been in trouble with the law? Has he ever been caught doing drugs? Beat on his g/f? Got in fights?

I mean do you guys hear what you are tripping on. HIS CLOTHES!!!!

I mean the president had a drinking problem....so now he's in a suit. Whoopity dang do.

If I wondered why we have the 1st pick in the draft I can't say I wonder anymore. We are more worried about a player's OUTFIT than his SKILLS.

ThaShark316
02-15-2006, 12:59 PM
LMAO @ this terrible thread.

Please find yourselves something more to do.

"Hey, lets bash his..um..CLOTHES!!"

What a fanbase we have in the city of Houston. :redtowel: :brickwall

Texas_Thrill
02-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Infantry, I totally agree with you. If he was going for a interview wear a suit. He was not however going to an interview. To basically say this is a reason not to like VY is just totally preposterous.

If he was meeting with Cheney then I'd say he's meeting with the nation's leader but he was meeting with GW not DC. lol Sorry I couldn't help this shot. Don't pay attention to it.

gwallaia
02-15-2006, 01:01 PM
This is causing a bigger flap than the flip-flop incident a few months ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/white20house20flip20flops-751960.jpg

Vinny
02-15-2006, 01:02 PM
You like going back to that dont you, tell me something new.
Or be man enough to answer my questions Mr. Decade.What was the question? It would help if I had one to respond to.

infantrycak
02-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Infantry, I totally agree with you. If he was going for a interview wear a suit. He was not however going to an interview. To basically say this is a reason not to like VY is just totally preposterous.

I agree using this as a reason not to like VY is preposterous.

If he was meeting with Cheney then I'd say he's meeting with the nation's leader but he was meeting with GW not DC. lol Sorry I couldn't help this shot. Don't pay attention to it.

VY isn't dumb enough to not wear a suit in front of Cheney--he might get shot.

jgite
02-15-2006, 01:13 PM

If the Texans are looking to keep their "high class" player image they DO NOT want Vince Young. I have really tried to like the guy, but he keeps making me hate him.

1) During his pro announcement he REPEATED over and over how he need to "cash in" on this opportunity. Not to mention the guy can could not even speak proper English and shows up to make the biggest decision of his life with a crooked hat and baggy sweat shirt on.

2) He then immediately starting "cashing in" by charging $80 for non personalized autographs and charged an extra $100 for a picture with him.

OK so even if you overlook those 2 acts and blame it on a bad PR manager or immaturity, what he did yesterday really did it in for me.

The Texas Longhorns are invited to THE WHITE HOUSE to meet THE PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES. As the camera scrolls on CNN all the players are wearing very nice suits and ties until it gets to Vince Young. Vince is wearing some baggy jeans with some tennis shoes and a hoodie sweat shirt.

Who does this guy think he is? Have some repect for your elders, your peers, and most of all the country you live in which is about to let you make MILLIONS of dollars for someone who could not even pass their S.A.T. test.

1. Well when a player decides to go Pro what do you think you are doing "cashing in". Thats whats college is for to prepare you for the real world and increase your earning ability. Besides he is a college student you wanted him to show up in a suit and tie and announce his decision. Reggie had an a collared shirt and thats it. Carr was at his press conference for his extenstion in a jacket with his shirt unbuttoned at the top and nobody batted an eye.

2. Tristar and the other conventions set the prices he gets an appearance fee and thats it. He is giving it away. Reggie did the same thing and no one said a word about that. That is what happens when you cash in. Hell I bet you would love some one to give you $4,000 to show up and sign your name for a couple of hours. Nobody ever mentions the fact that when he was in Austin and Houston before he turned pro that he would sign autographs for for a long time for free.

3. On the suit note. he forgot it. He didn't even want to be seen thats why he was in the back when they usually stick him in the front. Everyone makes mistakes on trips and things like that. If the leader of the world doesn't take it personally I think the public should calm down. Besides if he didn't show up then people would say that he was prima-donna for not showing up and more crap would get said.

travfrancis
02-15-2006, 01:25 PM
This is the first thing he has done that has really bothered me. I can't say I was wild about gouging for his sig, or how the very first thing he did was go out and buy an expensive sports car, but those were just the marks of someone getting money for the first time, and I overlooked them. But, when you go to meet the President at the White House, show some friggin respect, and wear a suit. Is that too much to ask? While I can appreciate the differences between the NFL and his private life, it says something to me, and it's not good. You have to conform on a football team too, and play by the rules, and show respect to the coaches and elders on the team. It gives me the feeling he thinks the rules may not apply to him because he is BMOC. No one player is above the team, and when you see every single one of these young men show the proper respect at the WH, and then you see him in casual clothes, it shows a complete lack of maturity and understanding. While I am still not entirely opposed to us drafting him, it's made me really think, and I am now teetering for sure. I guess it's safe to say I am off the "draft Vince" bandwagon. And, it's enough for me to change my avatar, which I will do some time today.

wow, a little bit of an over reaction don't you think?

Porky
02-15-2006, 01:26 PM
I agree using this as a reason not to like VY is preposterous.

VY isn't dumb enough to not wear a suit in front of Cheney--he might get shot.

Since when were you named the arbiter of all of the reasons why someone likes or dislikes an individual? Should I check with you every time I meet someone. I just want to make sure my reasons for liking or disliking said person is approved by the gand poo bah in charge of reasons to like or dislike someone.

BigBull17
02-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Well I heard that VY had a Cowboys night light in his room when he was younger.......really cant you make a better argument than his attire? There are enough question marks about him that you have points to argue against us drafting him. Im not a VY fan and this looks rediculious.

Hervoyel
02-15-2006, 01:38 PM
I agree with you .People are now bashing on VY because he doesnt dress to their standards.I really dont care how someone dresses as long as they get it done on the field.Yall people are just haters.I dont see yall supporting DC for having class.Yall keep saying he(DC) has no leadership skills but yet he does all the proper things like showing class and yall still hate on him.

Yeah it's silly but then look at all the people who bash on Carr because of all the haircut attention. There are some universal truths here. If people want to bash you they're going to find something to bash you about. There's no getting away from that.

I don't particularly like Vince Young and I don't want the Texans to draft him. I think David Carr will get it done. None of that has any bearing on this topic. If Young simply had a "wardrobe malfunction" and wasn't able to wear his suit then I understand that and I'm sure President Bush understood it too. If he'd gone out of his way to wear something other than a suit then that would be different and someone close to him would need to sit down and try to emphasize that going to the White House to meet the President is an honor and that he wasn't so great a football player that he was above dressing properly for the President.

That wasn't the case apparently so no big deal.

BlueThunder
02-15-2006, 01:56 PM
The way I look at it is,it was Vince's party,so he can dress how ever he wants.Keep on bashing him,so when he owns you,he won't feel any remorse.This is the kind of post that will send Vince down the road.The last place I want to see Vince is with a team that didn't want him.You may not understand that it takes money to campaign and maybe at this moment he don't have the funds he needs to make ends meet.

I think maybe the Texans should take Bush,not only because everyone has him as the pick but because it will hurt the Cowboys fan base more.I do know one thing and that is Bush won't be the whole answer as we seen in the Rose bowl.All I can say is were going to have to build a good team to stop him and thats a man secondary and a solid run defense.

I'm a new Texan fan and the last thing I want to here is all the bashing of Young like we had to put up with, with QC!He was distine to fail the day he got there.His speech and all of that player hating was just upsetting!People hated the pick and were deterimined to see he failed from day one.Thats the main reason i'm trying to keep Vince away from the cowboy fans that did that to QC.

This team may be better off dividing the pick into three or 4 players,to make an inmediate target out of focus.That way the new coach don't have to deal with the contraversy!

Texas
02-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Forget class. We need talent. I'd rather be known as a brutal team then a friendly one anyway

infantrycak
02-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Since when were you named the arbiter of all of the reasons why someone likes or dislikes an individual? Should I check with you every time I meet someone. I just want to make sure my reasons for liking or disliking said person is approved by the gand poo bah in charge of reasons to like or dislike someone.

Simmer down--it's called a MB. A topic was raised, different viewpoints expressed and I chipped in on some of them. Paranoid much?--I didn't quote or refer to you unlike some other folks.

Texans_Chick
02-15-2006, 02:53 PM
If I was the youth of today and you come "thwacking" me on the head you would get your *** kicked for getting in my buisness. All you guys are gossipy like women...geez (no offense to the women out there)

This thread should be Exhibit A of why it is unfair to put the reputation for gossip solely on the female sex. You guys are on your own with this one.

But there are a bizilliondy examples on the MB of people jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst about people. Gossip and whispering and trashing people for no good reason. It's ugly.

Yeah, I can't say that this thread is the silliest on the MB, because there have been pretty silly ones, but this one is really reaching.

As for the articulate part of the post, did you listen to his interview on Sportsradio 610--I thought he did a nice job. It's kinda funny what the expectations for athletes are--people parse what Vince says or what Carr says--they are athletes that are hired because they are good at what they do--football. How many of y'all in your twenties (or older for that matter) would be Mr. Articulate with lots of interviews--it is not as easy as it looks.

swtbound07
02-15-2006, 02:55 PM
i was going to make this point earlier, but the thread was locked. Maybe this is just me in my own personal viewpoint, but if Vince really doesn't like the president, he is trapped in a lose-lose situation. Athletes and other people in the past get absolutely trashed for skipping out on the traditional meeting of the president, and now vince is getting trashed for not showing the proper amount of respect in his attire. Ridiculous. I would do anything I possibly could to avoid that particular visit....I dont like the man, and Im the type of person not to compromise my personal opinion and put on a false pretense for the sake of decorum.

Grid
02-15-2006, 02:57 PM
well im not surprised the burnt orange legion jumped on this one. He could spit on jesus and they would say "well he can still play great football".

Im in complete agreement that this isnt the kind of attitude we want on our team. the Vicks and T.O.s of the league are great athletes and great players.. but I dont want them representing this city, and I dont want them causing problems behind the scenes. We have seen what T.O. can do to a team.. and Vick.. some people may say that he leads his team despite his immaturity and ego, but give it time.. the way he throws the rest of his team under the bus when he doesnt play well is gonna blow up in his face eventually.

If VY is immature and disrespectful.. how long until that attitude hurts the team? How long before he holds out for more money.. forces the coaches to do what he wants.. or runs off good players cause they dont agree with his attitude?

no thank you... there is no excuse for that kind of behavior.

bigTEXan8
02-15-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't care who you are. You could be the biggest big-shot in the entire world, but if you are invited by the President of United States invites you to come by the White House, your *** better be wearing a shirt and tie, minimum. You don't have to get a suit or anything, but act like you give a **** about being there and being recognized by our highest official. You can totally oppose him politically, I could care less, but show some **** respect. I think that Clinton was one of the worst president's ever, but if he invited me over, I would go. By the way, not rich, but at least I could scrape by a tie, shirt, and slacks. Hell, VY has more than likely had almost everything handed to him, I doubt it would that hard to get one. Embarrassment.

Porky
02-15-2006, 03:25 PM
i was going to make this point earlier, but the thread was locked. Maybe this is just me in my own personal viewpoint, but if Vince really doesn't like the president, he is trapped in a lose-lose situation. Athletes and other people in the past get absolutely trashed for skipping out on the traditional meeting of the president, and now vince is getting trashed for not showing the proper amount of respect in his attire. Ridiculous. I would do anything I possibly could to avoid that particular visit....I dont like the man, and Im the type of person not to compromise my personal opinion and put on a false pretense for the sake of decorum.

You respect the office not the person. It's really not that hard. I despised Bill Clinton, but I would have worn the best suit I could find if I were invited to meet him at the White House. The only ridicoulous thing I see here is not being able to differentiate the man and the office. It's no wonder we have the society we do when we can't even agree that certain functions require a certain level of decorum and respectfullness.

Frills
02-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Austin is full of liberals, especially UT, liberals aren't exactly the respectful type when it comes to politics

:stirpot:

ToroFan
02-15-2006, 03:36 PM
You respect the office not the person. It's really not that hard. I despised Bill Clinton, but I would have worn the best suit I could find if I were invited to meet him at the White House. The only ridicoulous thing I see here is not being able to differentiate the man and the office. It's no wonder we have the society we do when we can't even agree that certain functions require a certain level of decorum and respectfullness.

This is pretty funny...I've been on interviews in other cities where things go wrong...Your luggage gets lost, something tears, you get sick, etc...you can reschedule the interview...

You don't reschedule the President of the US...

For goodness sake people he was trying to be inconspicous...Some have said that you can get a suit in D.C. from pretty much anywhere...I am Vince's size and lemme tell you just can't buy one of those off the shelf, they need to be altered...And since we are speaking about hypotheticals that he could have bought a suit right before hand, take a moment to consider that there may have not been time to go out and grab a suit...

He did not want to offend anybody by not showing up...Some people really need to focus on other things...like perhaps winning so that the Texans can perhaps one day take a visit to the White House that day...If that is the worst thing that can happen in which our star player can get his suit to visit the White House for a championship, I would love to have that problem :rolleyes:

Porky
02-15-2006, 03:40 PM
This is pretty funny...I've been on interviews in other cities where things go wrong...Your luggage gets lost, something tears, you get sick, etc...you can reschedule the interview...

You don't reschedule the President of the US...

For goodness sake people he was trying to be inconspicous...Some have said that you can get a suit in D.C. from pretty much anywhere...I am Vince's size and lemme tell you just can't buy one of those off the shelf, they need to be altered...And since we are speaking about hypotheticals that he could have bought a suit right before hand, take a moment to consider that there may have not been time to go out and grab a suit...

He did not want to offend anybody by not showing up...Some people really need to focus on other things...like perhaps winning so that the Texans can perhaps one day take a visit to the White House that day...If that is the worst thing that can happen in which our star player can get his suit to visit the White House for a championship, I would love to have that problem :rolleyes:

Then buy a dress shirt, slacks, and a tie. You're trying to tell me the best thing he could find to wear has a hooded sweater?

BlueThunder
02-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Vince Young was invited as a guest to meet the President.The President wanted to see a football legend.He didn't want to see a pencil pusher in a suit,he wanted to see a football player and thats what he saw!

I bet George Bush would have really been impressed ,if Vince had come with his uniform on taped with his helmet for the President to try on.The guy is a legend!Danial Boone didn't wear a suit to meet the president.

Double Barrel
02-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Tiger Woods blew President Clinton off back in the day (at the Jackie Ronbinson tribute no less, right after he won his first Masters). Guess some of you folks think Tiger is a classless loser, too?

This thread is quite the example of my take that people (and society) elevate entertainers to unrealistic heights. Yes, he's just an entertainer, because that's all football is at the end of the day. But some of the comments in this thread are absolutely mind-boggling that so much emotion and importance is put into what a dude wears at the White House.

He made a MISTAKE, the President forgave him, end of story (but not this thread).

Frills
02-15-2006, 03:45 PM
I'd take a respectful gentleman who may lose over a TO or Artest which has more talent and would win more

ToroFan
02-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Then buy a dress shirt, slacks, and a tie. You're trying to tell me the best thing he could find to wear has a hooded sweater?

Assuming he had time to do that then yes that would have been the best plan of action...But if not then what are you going to do...All the evidence was to the contrary that he was not trying to disrespect the President...

disaacks3
02-15-2006, 03:54 PM
The reaction to much of VY's actions seems knee-jerk, but then so is all the hoopla over VY in the first place, so what goes around comes around...

First of all Tri-Star does NOT set their rates in stone, nor are they across-the-board for all athletes - They vary from player-to-player based on demand, they always have and always will. Vince could always have refused to participate if he didn't like the cost structure anyway. If his potential "profits" go to charity, that's all fine & good. It does seem a bit ego-centric to start the"tour" with signings before even having been to the combine but that's Pro Sports in general and NOT a VY 'issue' for me.

Everybody on the team is in a suit BUT Vince, and it's somehow NOT "his" fault? Will his family / posse need to make sure he brings his helmet to the huddle with him? He was traveling isn't an excuse - he had ample warning, blew it and was embarassed enough NOT to want to be standing out front. I'm actually split on this one - The BAD news is, he's already let fame/fortune go this head to the point that he can't be responsible for his own affairs. The GOOD news is that he recognized that maybe it was a poor decision to not FIND a way to get more appropriate clothing.

Let's analyze why somebody even deemed this thread as being "necessaary" in the first place. VY, due to the last two Rose Bowl wins, has been elevated to legendary status already in Texas. Despite obvious flaws & shortcomings in his game, he's managed to "just win, baby!" and that has brainwashed a few into not only believing that he's the next big thing, but potentially the best of all time in NFL QB's. Bringing VY back down to THIS plane of existence is several weeks overdue, and this is the kind of issue that will start those balls rolling in the opposite direction.

I wish ALL the players drafted THIS year (Didn't feel that way about Winslow, Jr. a couple of yrs. ago - kid was a punk) to have successful careers in the NFL....except for those days where their performance affects the Texans negatively! :redtowel:

BlueThunder
02-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Maybe that was his favorite shirt or the only one he had clean.

Like I said Danial Boone never put on a suit,he just threw on his best dudes got a shaved,combed his hair and grabbed his koonskin cap!

bigTEXan8
02-15-2006, 03:58 PM
It's one thing to blow it off, but it's another thing to show up lookin' like you are going to class or lounging around the house.

dcarey20
02-15-2006, 04:02 PM

i wasnt award of the white house incident, but i have been skeptical of him for awhile. i dont despise him but i am not very fond of him

chuckm
02-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Here's a link with pictures of USC's 2004 trip to the White House. They didn't go after last year's repeat, read something about a scheduling conflict.

http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/genrel/032504aac.html

Here's one with RB ....

http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/genrel/032504aac.html?pic=18

Khari
02-15-2006, 04:13 PM

We liberal slanted Austinites LOVE hooded sweaters.... :redtowel:

TheOgre
02-15-2006, 04:22 PM
I went to Austin two weekends after THE GAME and was looking for a non-hooded sweat shirt. It took an Act of God to find one. I just don't get the hooded sweat shirt look.

swtbound07
02-15-2006, 04:24 PM

I dont particularly feel the need to show homage or respect to the decorum of the office of the president of the united states. My personal opinion of both the man who currently resides there and the office that he occupies would definitely sway the way i acted in a given situation. Im not the type to fall in line because polite society dictates it. If I was invited to the white house, I would decline, and if it was a "team" function to which i had to attend, I would wear whatever I felt like wearing. When George Bush visits my house he can wear whatever he likes. By the by, I met GW back when he was just governor and my mother worked on one of his tactical advisory committees. I was in jeans and a t-shirt....he seemed to be okay with my apparent lack of decorum.

powerfuldragon
02-15-2006, 04:25 PM

however he is not an intellectual speaker compared to Reggie Bush....as a player Young has more heart....

Isn't a QB supposed to be smart and articulate?

Vinny
02-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Isn't a QB supposed to be smart and articulate?When Terry Bradshaw was a young quarterback someone said that Terry Bradshaw was so dumb that he couldn't spell cat if you spotted him a C and an A.

Frills
I dont particularly feel the need to show homage or respect to the decorum of the office of the president of the united states. My personal opinion of both the man who currently resides there and the office that he occupies would definitely sway the way i acted in a given situation. Im not the type to fall in line because polite society dictates it. If I was invited to the white house, I would decline, and if it was a "team" function to which i had to attend, I would wear whatever I felt like wearing. When George Bush visits my house he can wear whatever he likes. By the by, I met GW back when he was just governor and my mother worked on one of his tactical advisory committees. I was in jeans and a t-shirt....he seemed to be okay with my apparent lack of decorum.

I nominate this as the most ignorant post ever.

Frills
When Terry Bradshaw was a young quarterback someone said that Terry Bradshaw was so dumb that he couldn't spell cat if you spotted him a C and an A.

nothing has changed on that front

BlueThunder
Maybe after he wins his first Superbowl and gets invited back he can wear His Tennessee Titan game day uni with greese and all.:superman:

I bet that would get6 a big smile or 2!

I think we should wax Vince now for the Texas Sports Hall of Fame Museum in his Longhorn stuff..

powerfuldragon
02-15-2006, 04:31 PM
When Terry Bradshaw was a young quarterback someone said that Terry Bradshaw was so dumb that he couldn't spell cat if you spotted him a C and an A.

i hate the toothless b****rd

uteric3232
02-15-2006, 04:33 PM
still, its the idea of it all. you have to have the respect for the place and person you're seeing. there is no way that, once he got there, he couldn't have gotten a suit in D.C. somewhere. he's a great althelte but his class really comes into question with this. oh, and when i saw the thing in the newpaper about him charging $100 for a picture, i almost choked on my toast. guy could really use some lessons in humility.

Dude, he arrived right before the ceremony. They lost his suit, what is he supposed to do, just not show up? Or maybe he should get there a few hours late. Its not that easy to get a suit off the shelf for someone as big as Vince Young.

Im sure you are a Reggie Bush fan, and since you were so pissed about Vince "charging" $80 for an auto and $99 for a pic, look at Mr. Bush....

REGGIE BUSH* *
Sunday 1:00 p.m.

FLAT UP TO 16X20 $99
MINI HELMET $109
FOOTBALL $119
FULL SIZE HELMET, JERSEY, #, ARTWORK $149
INSCRIPTION $39
- Up to five words
PHOTO OPP $119

http://www.tristarproductions.com/shows/SF206/schedule.htm

infantrycak
02-15-2006, 04:34 PM

I am sure it was a Cowboy--I want to say Hollywood Henderson although it might have been Cliff Harris.

powerfuldragon
02-15-2006, 04:36 PM
I am sure it was a Cowboy--I want to say Hollywood Henderson although it might have been Cliff Harris.

Ever seen bradshaw on leno?

infantrycak
02-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Ever seen bradshaw on leno?

No, why?

BlueThunder
02-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Yal!and Bush ain't even a legend :howdy:

Tha_Tinman
02-15-2006, 04:42 PM

He's not the 1st and certainly won't be the last talented athlete that has problems speaking publicly. Steve McNair has the same problem and noone suggested that he not be drafted.

powerfuldragon
02-15-2006, 04:42 PM
No, why?

he's just... stupid. it's funny, but he's so dumb.

Frills
02-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Ricky thinks that Ricky has no problems speaking publicly

Rewsky
02-15-2006, 04:59 PM
This thread is hilarious. I mean, if you hate VY, at least hate on him for a legit reason like his throwing motion or something. Saying we shouldn't draft him because of this incident is grasping at straws. If George W Bush doesn't care, then why should it matter?

For an encore, you guys need to start a thread bashing VY based on what cereal he eats for breakfast. I can see it now; WHAT?!?! VY eats Frosted Flakes instead of Coco Puffs?!?!?!? That Jerk!!!! I'm changing my avatar. :)

Hypothetical ? for y'all:

If VY led the Texans to our 1st Super Bowl Championship and didn't wear a suit to the White House, Would y'all still line up to throw rocks at him? :)

Frills
02-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Yes, its about RESPECT for the position/office

travfrancis
02-15-2006, 05:15 PM
the Vicks and T.O.s of the league are great athletes and great players.. but I dont want them representing this city, and I dont want them causing problems behind the scenes. We have seen what T.O. can do to a team.. and Vick.. some people may say that he leads his team despite his immaturity and ego, but give it time.. the way he throws the rest of his team under the bus when he doesnt play well is gonna blow up in his face eventually.

WHOOAAAA cowboy, slow down. comparing vincent young to TO and marucs vick is way out of line.

wow, the guy forgets to pack a suit on a trip to the White House and he is suddenly a lockerroom cancer and criminal?

ToroFan
02-15-2006, 05:30 PM
WHOOAAAA cowboy, slow down. comparing vincent young to TO and marucs vick is way out of line.

wow, the guy forgets to pack a suit on a trip to the White House and he is suddenly a lockerroom cancer and criminal?

Haha, its pretty amazing...

Next, I think the Vince Young bashers won't want him because he wears Superman pajamas...

What they don't know is Superman wears Vince Young pajamas....

Dr. Toro
02-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Here's a little perspective, you can make a lot worse travel mistakes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=trailblazerstelfair&prov=st&type=lgns

Like accidentally bringing a handgun onto a plane.

Or shooting your friend on a hunting trip. Or killing a protected species (Governor Bush).* I don't care if Bush and Cheney make innocent mistakes with guns, I can forgive a 22 year old for not getting his suit in time traveling throug hthe east coast in a blizzard. No one is perfect, not our hallowed leaders or gridiron greats.

Seriously, everybody makes little mistakes, you can do worse than an accidental fashion faux pas.

*This post is in no way a reflection of political beliefs, just how ridiculous people can be in judging one person and forgiving another.

swtbound07
02-15-2006, 05:33 PM

Im getting blasted on a post for being ignorant...must be a wednesday :twocents:

WILLIEG
02-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Who really cares how you dress around this president. It's still a free country or at least more in the past than it is now. Keep all the political crap off the MB. And why do you care if VY talks correctly whenever are own president can't pronouunce NUCLEAR correctly. I'm not a VY supporter but this isn't the 1940's, 50's or 60's. Catch up with the times or you'll get left behind! TEXANS FOR TRADEDOWN!!!

swtbound07
02-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Who really cares how you dress around this president. It's still a free country or at least more in the past than it is now. Keep all the political crap off the MB. And why do you care if VY talks correctly whenever are own president can't pronouunce NUCLEAR correctly. I'm not a VY supporter but this isn't the 1940's, 50's or 60's. Catch up with the times or you'll get left behind! TEXANS FOR TRADEDOWN!!!

you are aware we have an entire section of this MB dedicated to politics riiight?

Cheroqui
02-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Well I tell you, from what was posted he sounds like a cross between a Chad Johnson and T.O. and we do not want a T.O.. Yes his talent but not the attitude. Hopefully he's between the two, or actually behind and hope that it's not an early sign for his sake.

Youngstown Colt
02-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Sounds like someone has a problem with society (and certain cultures) and not so much Vince. Open your eyes, Vince isn't much different from the rest of this generation.

WILLIEG
02-15-2006, 06:11 PM
All I'm saying is football and politics don't mix!

Huge
02-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Some of you Young haters are absolutely hopeless.

With that in mind, I realize your opinion will not change. Just know that I'll take pleasure in knowing that every successful step he takes will cause you one more sleepless night. Must suck to be in your shoes.

He's classless because he said he was "cashing" in on his opportunity. Holy (expletive). :rolleyes:

travfrancis
02-15-2006, 06:46 PM
i still can't believe what took place in this thread...wow.

stevo3883
02-15-2006, 06:57 PM
its funny that every person that hates on VY in other threads came in here to show their appaul at what he did.

Bubbajwp
02-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Thats what I call proper english.

Samer
02-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Young is not what Houston needs, we all know it

swtbound07
02-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Young is not what Houston needs, we all know it

this part of we doesnt.

Mightymike
02-15-2006, 08:51 PM
u criticize a guy for saying he's ready to make the money he has worked hard for. he also had nothing to do with the prices of the autographs.
this post is ludacris.

Texans_Chick
02-15-2006, 08:57 PM
http://mahopa.de/bilder/lustige-forenbilder/dont-feed-the-trolls.gif

FirstTexansFan
02-15-2006, 09:00 PM

HollyWood Henderson said that, and he was right <grin>

And when can we add a spell check feature? It's one thing to read ignorant posts, but quite another when they prove it with poor spelling :)

Long-Spurs-Texan
02-15-2006, 09:04 PM

This is the best post in this entire train wreck of a thread. We HAD our "Faces of the Franchise". Tony Boselli & David Carr, handsome & holy West Coast golden boys. Boy, could they speak great english. Did I mention they were white football players, oh the joy. You guys are looking like complete BIGOTED LOSERS when you get on Vince for his grammar & pronunciation. How many of you freaking hypocrits grew up in the WARD? Not many.

Do I think his Vince & his people made a mistake in him not dressing properly for the visit, you bet. Does it have a damn thing to do with him as a Football Player, no. I've seen every snap he's taken at Texas. He has ALWAYS respected his teammates, coaches, and opponents on the field.

You losers want a baller, or Dennis Miller leading this team? Who cares about his English? I guarantee every GD player on that field speaks ebonics. I'd rather hear a victory speech in ebonics than an eloquent losers speech.

Oh, by the way.

How was Earl Campbells english?

Hakeem Olajuwans?

Steve McNair?

Bum Phillips?

Jose Cruz?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

LoneStarState
02-15-2006, 09:08 PM
I was in jeans and a t-shirt....he seemed to be okay with my apparent lack of decorum.
BUT you weren't in the White House and he wasn't President at the time. GWB has ultimate respect for the White House and requires everyone who works there to dress in suits. He always wears a coat and tie in the Oval Office.

This issue is about respect of the office and the White House. Every other Longhorn in attendance remembered their suits, but is VY so irresponsible that he had to have a relative bring it for him? They flew into DC that morning. Why couldn't he have worn the suit on the trip (probably like everyone else).

This is not an idictment of his atheletic ability - but of his judgement. He has a lot of growing up to do.

kastofsna
02-15-2006, 09:08 PM
who cares...

LoneStarState
02-15-2006, 09:10 PM
who cares...
No offense, but attitudes like this are part of the problem...

Long-Spurs-Texan
02-15-2006, 09:20 PM
LOL, why would he care (look at his avatar). As a matter of fact, why are you here castofsna? Shouldn't you be at the dolphins board, debating about TO & Ricky?

Wolf
02-15-2006, 09:26 PM
I posted this on the other thread so here is some logic to stick your teeth into

what is funny is people are bashing Bush and Young for this... but how many can honestly say if they weren't in those young men's position that they wouldn't take it..

Seriously..everybody in the NFL is one play away from ending their career.

YoungnotBush
02-15-2006, 10:03 PM
I replied and it said the thread was locked. To keep it short and simple here are my points -
I find it very hard to believe someone could not find a decent suit to wear.
I am certainly not saying we shouldn't draft him, but it does knock him down a peg in my book. I dont think we are drafting him anyway, so the point is moot.
I do think he will be a success in the NFL at QB, but I hope he understands that he is not above the team, and that he matures as he gets older. Most do, a few don't. I think he will.
Lastly, we can agree to disagree about this. Some..dare I say many of us hold certain things in very high regard. One of those is paying proper respect to the office of the Presidency. There is no need to insult our sensibilites, or patronize us. Those of you who see it differently, I have no problem with, but I would prefer it if you then treat me with the same courtesy and respect I show you. (not anyone in specific, being general)

Do you mean respect the President the same way the media respects him. Or maybe the way most of the general population treats him.

Get over it and don't be so full of yourself. It is a game that young men play and old men watch. So just watch and let the young men play!!!

YoungnotBush
02-15-2006, 10:08 PM
BUT you weren't in the White House and he wasn't President at the time. GWB has ultimate respect for the White House and requires everyone who works there to dress in suits. He always wears a coat and tie in the Oval Office.

This issue is about respect of the office and the White House. Every other Longhorn in attendance remembered their suits, but is VY so irresponsible that he had to have a relative bring it for him? They flew into DC that morning. Why couldn't he have worn the suit on the trip (probably like everyone else).

This is not an idictment of his atheletic ability - but of his judgement. He has a lot of growing up to do.

These are college kids, everyone of them has alot of growing up to do. Obviously no one really has the complete story on why he didn't have one, but everyone in the world could tell he was very embarassed by it and missed out on a chance to really shine on a big stage. Well I guarantee you learned his lesson and that is all that really matters.

With as many times as he has shined on the big stage, I think I will give him this one.

YoungnotBush
02-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Well I tell you, from what was posted he sounds like a cross between a Chad Johnson and T.O. and we do not want a T.O.. Yes his talent but not the attitude. Hopefully he's between the two, or actually behind and hope that it's not an early sign for his sake.

Have you noticed the team chemistry on the Longhorns lately. They haven't had that kind of bond in a very long time until VY was the leader. The year before Benson was the leader and the year before that Roy Williams was the leader. Both of which had chemistry problems, especially with each other. The team wasn't near as tight as they were this year.

Do you not know how Vince got his young receivers to come during the off-season to work on their timing. He did the same thing the week before the Ohio State game and always did everything with the team in mind and #1 winning.

Since when does T.O. care about timing? Since when does T.O. care about winning? And since when does T.O. do anything as a teammate or with another teammate?

Take a little more time in your responses and actually think about what you are going to type, before you type it.

dat_boy_yec
02-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Have you noticed the team chemistry on the Longhorns lately. They haven't had that kind of bond in a very long time until VY was the leader. The year before Benson was the leader and the year before that Roy Williams was the leader. Both of which had chemistry problems, especially with each other. The team wasn't near as tight as they were this year.

Do you not know how Vince got his young receivers to come during the off-season to work on their timing. He did the same thing the week before the Ohio State game and always did everything with the team in mind and #1 winning.

Since when does T.O. care about timing? Since when does T.O. care about winning? And since when does T.O. do anything as a teammate or with another teammate?

Take a little more time in your responses and actually think about what you are going to type, before you type it.

Since he went to Arizona during the off-season to work with McNabb. Since he came back in time to play in the superbowl to help his team regardless of the health consequences. Since he speaks his mind and says what he sees wrong with the team. Since he says what some of his team mates are thinking. Vince was the QB last yr. when Benson was there and when Williams was there, why wasn't he the leader then. Maybe It should be you who anylized the situation. I like T.O. and interpret his actions differently than you do, but I take everything into account.

rocka21
02-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Since he went to Arizona during the off-season to work with McNabb. Since he came back in time to play in the superbowl to help his team regardless of the health consequences. Since he speaks his mind and says what he sees wrong with the team. Since he says what some of his team mates are thinking. Vince was the QB last yr. when Benson was there and when Williams was there, why wasn't he the leader then. Maybe It should be you who anylized the situation. I like T.O. and interpret his actions differently than you do, but I take everything into account.

test

LoneStarState
02-15-2006, 10:59 PM
These are college kids, everyone of them has alot of growing up to do.
This is the lamest excuse possible. Most college students know when it was appropriate to where a suit, sit up straight, to show proper respect. All I'm saying is that VY should be responsible enough to handle such a simple situation. I am impressed by his atheletic abilities, but not so much by his judgement on this particular issue. He knew before he left Houston or where ever he was before going to DC that he would be front and center at this ceremony, but still couldn't dress appropriately? I would have been hiding and acting a little hesitant too, if I were him. He's old enough to know better. Sorry. "He forgot" or "his relative didn't get it to him" is no excuse.

wags
02-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Vince Young wore a suit to the Best Damn Sports Show.

kbourda
02-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Seven pages of posts about nothing.

Texan_X
02-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Lmao.........dude by the way you guys talk so much **** about Vince Young makes me think that ya racist.For real man,especillay if your ganna criticize him......it always has to be white ppl to talk about his appearance.I'm sorry I have to say it that way but thats what its given to understand.If the guy came out in his P.Js Who would give a ****?!?!?
All I know is that the guy has talent.He damn well proved it at the Rose Bowl, not to mention all season long.
Think it over ppl!!!!!!!!!!
David Carr aint nothing but a damn showboat,we need a leader not a QB thats chokes everygame.So sad that we extended his contract........

kbourda
02-15-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm a much bigger Texans fan than I am any fan of any player. I can live without Young here....If Carr was gone...you would be gone too. I know that.

The best post on this thread. Thank you for putting this cat on blast! I see more cats that claim to be Texan (Carr) fans from California by the day.

kbourda
02-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Lmao.........dude by the way you guys talk so much **** about Vince Young makes me think that ya racist.For real man,especillay if your ganna criticize him......it always has to be white ppl to talk about his appearance.I'm sorry I have to say it that way but thats what its given to understand.If the guy came out in his P.Js Who would give a ****?!?!?
All I know is that the guy has talent.He damn well proved it at the Rose Bowl, not to mention all season long.
David Carr aint nothing but a damn showboat,we need a leader not a QB thats chokes everygame.So sad that we extended his contract........

Say chief, calm down. I'll tell you bit about this MB. People on this board have the tendency to shoot down "claims" of race on all fronts. It's ok for the leader of our free country to have the oratory skills of Charlie Brown's teacher but not athletes. I get that one.

swtbound07
02-15-2006, 11:25 PM
someone explain to me the logic of being forced to show reverence for the president. If you have a person who in your opinion lacks...morals, character, ethics, good judgement, intelligence, common sense, and charisma, why would you go out of your way to show him respect? In my opinion the man is criminal, which i know is debatable, so i surely wouldnt go out of my way to get fancied up to shake his hand. So i guess my question is, what makes him special?

option 1) Because so few people have the opportunity to meet the president!
Noooope. By that logic, even less people get to meet me everyday....put on a suit before you come over to watch the game, okay?

option 2) Because it is the epitome of government in our land!
Noooope. Our government is so far bent backwards its not even funny...all the current administration has done is strip americans of their personal liberties, and manage to get a good deal of them killed in foreign countries.

option 3) Because it's proper etiquette!
Strike 3. The rules of etiquette only apply to those who voluntarily enter into them...its an entirely arbitrary standard of who wears what when.

I completely understand that im going to get fried for this post, but im tired of people saying young disrespected the president....seriously, he is an elected official, supposedly from the common man...not a king. Get over yourselves people, it was a sweatshirt.

kbourda
02-15-2006, 11:32 PM
someone explain to me the logic of being forced to show reverence for the president. If you have a person who in your opinion lacks...morals, character, ethics, good judgement, intelligence, common sense, and charisma, why would you go out of your way to show him respect? In my opinion the man is criminal, which i know is debatable, so i surely wouldnt go out of my way to get fancied up to shake his hand. So i guess my question is, what makes him special?

option 1) Because so few people have the opportunity to meet the president!
Noooope. By that logic, even less people get to meet me everyday....put on a suit before you come over to watch the game, okay?

option 2) Because it is the epitome of government in our land!
Noooope. Our government is so far bent backwards its not even funny...all the current administration has done is strip americans of their personal liberties, and manage to get a good deal of them killed in foreign countries.

option 3) Because it's proper etiquette!
Strike 3. The rules of etiquette only apply to those who voluntarily enter into them...its an entirely arbitrary standard of who wears what when.

I completely understand that im going to get fried for this post, but im tired of people saying young disrespected the president....seriously, he is an elected official, supposedly from the common man...not a king. Get over yourselves people, it was a sweatshirt.

I agree with you. But I will say his sins (in my eyes) are no reason to disrespect him. Do I feel VY disrespected him? No. The Office of the Presidency isn't a person, it's an instution.

swtbound07
02-15-2006, 11:32 PM
I agree with you. But I will say his sins (in my eyes) are no reason to disrespect him. Do I feel VY disrespected him? No. The Office of the Presidency isn't a person, it's an instution.

we can discuss the institution too....i mean i feel basically the same way.

kbourda
02-15-2006, 11:34 PM
we can discuss the institution too....i mean i feel basically the same way.

Hey, I agree with you.:ok:

StarStruck
02-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Ok, I've tried to hold my peace! I am sick, tired, and fed up with the assumption and stereotype of women being gossipers. Emotional or passionate about certain issues, absolutely, but vicious, backbiting, unrelenting in turning every pebble, rock and mountain if possible to sow discord -- usually a man is on the otherside of that pen. :stirpot: :)

pv1999
02-16-2006, 12:47 AM
Hello? Vince went to Madison High School last time I checked, not Bellaire. He is from Hiram Clarke not River Oaks and what you consider sloppy is well dressed in his world. Like any junior at a state university anywhere is supposed to have a closet full of suits. Private schools and Ivy league OK, but we are talking UT in Austin. Birkenstock capital of the world. Some of you should think before you post.

infantrycak
02-16-2006, 07:40 AM

Well your beliefs are fine for you, but do you have any reason in the world to believe they explain VY's actions? If not they may be good for your hypothetical dilemma of meeting the president but are irrelevant for VY.

infantrycak
02-16-2006, 07:44 AM
Like any junior at a state university anywhere is supposed to have a closet full of suits. Private schools and Ivy league OK, but we are talking UT in Austin. Birkenstock capital of the world. Some of you should think before you post.

Seriously, did you think about this post? Young has appeared in public in suits several times already. Despite being raised naked by wolves, he obviously has managed to start his closet of suits. Some of these justifications are as bad as the criticisms. It was a gaff--a very, very small gaff.

infantrycak
02-16-2006, 07:45 AM

Stay with the times scooter--this is the second "how did they dress to meet the president" controversy of the past year. The first one involved a bunch of white girls.

Vinny
02-16-2006, 07:55 AM
Ok, I've tried to hold my peace! I am sick, tired, and fed up with the assumption and stereotype of women being gossipers. Emotional or passionate about certain issues, absolutely, but vicious, backbiting, unrelenting in turning every pebble, rock and mountain if possible to sow discord -- usually a man is on the otherside of that pen. :stirpot: :)You are right, Men and Women gossip equally today....much of 'today's Man' is a product of the Womens lib movement and being raised with no men in the household.... now I see more and more men acting like women (hey...no fault of their own I guess)..... We never had metrosexuals when I was a kid, but we had more Men in households where boys are being raised than we do now.

:redtowel:

chuckm
02-16-2006, 08:00 AM
As an older white man I suppose my opinion of this doesn't count but, regardless of the current occupant of the White House, my mother would freak if I went to the White House in a hoodie .... then again she's an old white woman ...

Kaiser Toro
02-16-2006, 08:06 AM
We have another forum where we have been discussing the VP shooting a man, accidentally, and I have not seen you comment on the effects of the White House office. I suppose your esteem for the WH is only when it suits your agenda and in this case it is focused on surface fodder for a 23 year old kid.

It really is posts like this that make me want VY to come to the Texans more and more. Don't sign me up for VY petition yet, but if there is one thing that I can count on that kid doing, it is overcoming adversity via mental and physical challenges.

Vinny
02-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Lets stop the race banter right here please. Both ways...It just gets too explosive, and this isn't the forum to discuss this topic.

chuckm
02-16-2006, 08:08 AM
We have another forum where we have been discussing the VP shooting a man, accidentally, and I have not seen you comment on the effects of the White House office. I suppose your esteem for the WH is only when it suits your agenda and in this case it is focused on surface fodder for a 23 year old kid.

It really is posts like this that make me want VY to come to the Texans more and more. Don't sign me up for VY petition yet, but if there is one thing that I can count on that kid doing, it is overcoming adversity via mental and physical challenges.

please expound on the word "you"

Kaiser Toro
02-16-2006, 08:10 AM
please expound on the word "you"

You is the second person plural pronoun in English. In standard English, it serves as the second person singular pronoun as well.

And in this thread, the you would be the thread starter.

HoustonFrog
02-16-2006, 09:12 AM
I posted this another time but here we go..and I'm not for drafting the guy, just not a person who bashes because I don't want to pick him.

First of all people have a right to their opinion but I find it HILARIOUS that people are calling VY immature without knowing a thing about him and because he dances and all yet people are called morons and name called..even told to leave the board..lol...if we don't just act like a drone, want Bush and Carr and just love the status quo and kiss tail. That reeks of hypocrisy. If you want to say don't take VY because we don't need him and you think Bush is a better fit...like me...then more power to you..just don't MAKE UP reasons not to like a guy that sound like third grade. ALL three of the top guys are class and quality guys and they all bring their own talents. I'll keep repeating it until I'm blue in the face but I'm not going to be a 35 year old guy who acts like a grade school kid because I want to draft someone else. I can want Bush and read stuff like below and still respect a man even though IMHO we don't need him. I don't even like Carr but am willing to give him a shot with a stud RB and a new coach. Doesn't mean I'm going to demean VY for putting himself in the position he is in by being a winner.

"Houston is fortunate to have three major-league sports teams plus other outstanding athletes. Despite their tremendous abilities and their substantial salaries, rarely do they give back to the community in proportion to their wealth--either in funds or time

Vince Young lost the Heisman, but one day last week he won the hearts of many patients at the Texas Children's Hospital. Without an obvious agent, with absolutely no fee, he talked to the children, signed autographs, took pictures and generally endeared himself forever.

The athletes of my generation were our idols and generally good role models. Houston's superstars need to take lessons form a superstar of tomorrow."

--Milton Nirken, M.D.

David's Busted Carr
02-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Again....this thread is ridiculous.

Has VY ever been in trouble with the law? Has he ever been caught doing drugs? Beat on his g/f? Got in fights?

I mean do you guys hear what you are tripping on. HIS CLOTHES!!!!

I mean the president had a drinking problem....so now he's in a suit. Whoopity dang do.

If I wondered why we have the 1st pick in the draft I can't say I wonder anymore. We are more worried about a player's OUTFIT than his SKILLS.

You guys have no freaking clue do you? It's NOT about his clothes. The point was that the guy has NO RESPECT, is selfish, and thinks he is above EVERYONE. If you cannot respect the President then who will you respect? Forgot his suit? Give me a ********* break. Don't tell me you didn't know when you were invited to the White House. The guy just plain didn't give a ******.

swtbound07
02-16-2006, 11:07 AM
You guys have no freaking clue do you? It's NOT about his clothes. The point was that the guy has NO RESPECT, is selfish, and thinks he is above EVERYONE. If you cannot respect the President then who will you respect? Forgot his suit? Give me a ********* break. Don't tell me you didn't know when you were invited to the White House. The guy just plain didn't give a ******.

Dude puts his pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else...Side note...Ozzie Guillen completely passed on his invite to see mr. Bush.....Anybody going to call him young and immature? If Vince Young had gone up on that stage in a suit and screamed out "George Bush doesn't care about black people" you same people would have been all over him for that too. So again I pose the question...if its not appropriate to skip the event, and its not appropriate to speak out about him, and its not appropriate to improperly dress, what exactly IS proper protocol for meeting the president if you are less than fond of him? Sit down, shut up, smile, and nod politely? Thats complete and utter ridiculousness if you ask me.

HoustonFrog
02-16-2006, 11:11 AM

Again, you have no clue and obviously are just flaming because you just don't want to draft him. Stop screaming like a child who got his toy taken away.

"Houston is fortunate to have three major-league sports teams plus other outstanding athletes. Despite their tremendous abilities and their substantial salaries, rarely do they give back to the community in proportion to their wealth--either in funds or time

Vince Young lost the Heisman, but one day last week he won the hearts of many patients at the Texas Children's Hospital. Without an obvious agent, with absolutely no fee, he talked to the children, signed autographs, took pictures and generally endeared himself forever.

The athletes of my generation were our idols and generally good role models. Houston's superstars need to take lessons form a superstar of tomorrow."

--Milton Nirken, M.D.

Khari
02-16-2006, 11:11 AM
You are right, Men and Women gossip equally today....much of 'today's Man' is a product of the Womens lib movement and being raised with no men in the household.... now I see more and more men acting like women (hey...no fault of their own I guess)..... We never had metrosexuals when I was a kid, but we had more Men in households where boys are being raised than we do now.

:redtowel:

quit while you're ahead vinny :ok:

Vinny
02-16-2006, 11:18 AM
I'll quit while I'm slightly behind....never gonna get ahead on that one.

Double Barrel
02-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Despite being raised naked by wolves, he obviously has managed to start his closet of suits.

lol: LMAO!! Funniest thing I've read all day! :heh: BARK AT THE MOON!

You are right, Men and Women gossip equally today....much of 'today's Man' is a product of the Womens lib movement and being raised with no men in the household.... now I see more and more men acting like women (hey...no fault of their own I guess)..... We never had metrosexuals when I was a kid, but we had more Men in households where boys are being raised than we do now.

At the risk of exposing my inner Neanderthal to PC police attacks....I agree with you 100%. And your hypothesis is clearly supported by this thread...men getting emotional about what a football player wears to a formal event and gossiping about it with no basis in reality. :listening

*DUCKS FROM KHARI'S FLYING SHOE*

StarStruck
02-16-2006, 12:44 PM

Ok, I'll give you that if that's your opinion. Now I have a question. What do you think about the young woman who a few years back asked President Clinton if he wore boxers or briefs? Do you think that she respected the "office" of the president? If not, why? If so, why? Certainly if she had been my daughter she would not have been doing guest appearances on TV shows for her actions. There were certainly more, ah ha ha ha, how cute responses from people that I thought would have been offended. Talk about not wearing a suit being offensive to some, and some else can be heralded as witty or clever by asking the president what kind of drawers he wears. WOW

If indeed Young made the error of thinking it was ok to be casual, or if the suit was indeed inadvertantly left behind, would it have been more acceptable to him to have stayed in his hotel and offered an apology for not having the appropriate clothing for the event? I wouldn't be surprised if the criticism would have been any different. IMO, it is quite arrogant and pompous to publicly discredit someone based on a preconceived bias. I say that because obviously most people don't have the gift of being a telepathist, thus I find it difficult to understand how we have numerous experts into how Vince thinks.

Spoda
02-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Ozzie Guillen completely passed on his invite to see mr. Bush.....Anybody going to call him young and immature? .

not that it really matters but ozzie's trip to the white house had been scheduled and rescheduled twice already and he had a vacation planned right before spring training already planned...not his fault....bottom line vince should have worn a suit...he should have brought one...he didn't..he should have bought one...he didn't...everyone else managed to have a suit...HOWEVA....if he can throw the out route will have nothing to do with a suit he should have worn suit in 2006...how anyone could base drafting or not drafting a player on this event would make no sense reguardless of the excuse...trade down please!!

Khari
02-16-2006, 01:13 PM
At the risk of exposing my inner Neanderthal to PC police attacks....I agree with you 100%. And your hypothesis is clearly supported by this thread...men getting emotional about what a football player wears to a formal event and gossiping about it with no basis in reality. :listening

*DUCKS FROM KHARI'S FLYING SHOE*

How many women do you see that give a crap about what he wore? But yet you say you agree men act this way because they are more influenced by women these days? :ok: :slap:

swtbound07
02-16-2006, 01:13 PM
not that it really matters but ozzie's trip to the white house had been scheduled and rescheduled twice already and he had a vacation planned right before spring training already planned...not his fault....bottom line vince should have worn a suit...he should have brought one...he didn't..he should have bought one...he didn't...everyone else managed to have a suit...HOWEVA....if he can throw the out route will have nothing to do with a suit he should have worn suit in 2006...how anyone could base drafting or not drafting a player on this event would make no sense reguardless of the excuse...trade down please!!

Really? Cause I was under the impression from some of the people in this thread that no matter what you are doing, when our good president calls you come running...and best be dressed properly. I think most of the criticism on this board of vince is ridiculous, regardless of whether you want him here or not.

ToroFan
02-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Vince Young Has No Class..I agree, I think he withdrew from the University to prepare for the draft...

:homer:

Spoda
02-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Really? Cause I was under the impression from some of the people in this thread that no matter what you are doing, when our good president calls you come running...and best be dressed properly. I think most of the criticism on this board of vince is ridiculous, regardless of whether you want him here or not.

yes all the criticism is ridiculous...he may well be a great player..i don't want him personally....i think the pendulum is just swinging back the other way from vince is God/vince will cure cancer while playing QB/safety/Left tackle ...there are some posters who are not so far right and so far left...we know who they are

Snapple
02-16-2006, 02:35 PM
This is just stupid.

Let's forget how polite Vince acts in public. Let's forget that he spends his spare time teaching to grade school children. Let's forget that he gives to charities.

No, apparently none of that matters, because he forgot his suit.

Vince Young has more class than most of the people in this thread. He has never carried himself with anything but class since he arrived at UT, and he continues to be a total class act. And that is a fact.

I don't care whether people want Bush or Young or Ferguson. That's your personal opinion on who is best for the Texans. But don't go dragging Vince's name through the mud just because you like Bush or don't like the Longhorns or whatever. That's cowardly and low-class.

MorKnolle
02-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I cannot believe this thread has 160+ posts on it. Can we close this down since nothing productive is happening with it?

tulexan
02-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Yelling "Who's the Heisman now?" after the Rose Bowl is really classy.

Frills
02-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Let's forget that he spends his spare time teaching to grade school children.

Hope he's not teaching english

dannyboy
02-16-2006, 02:58 PM
I cannot believe this thread has 160+ posts on it. Can we close this down since nothing productive is happening with it?

Please don't close it. It's very entertaining to see people getting all worked up over something so incredibly insignifcant. I have enjoyed reading it. Thank you to all that have contributed.

Carry on...

Long-Spurs-Texan
02-16-2006, 02:58 PM

I think it is fairly productive. I'm learning quite a bit about some of the members of this forum, and it's sad. I can't believe that we are in the 21st century, and people still behave like this. It's OK if a black guy is well spoken, well dressed, & doesn't dance. Who do you people want, Bryant Gumbel? We need a MF'ing LEADER, not someone to bang our sister. If that leader is Vince, or someone else, FINE.

MorKnolle
02-16-2006, 03:01 PM
I think it is fairly productive. I'm learning quite a bit about some of the members of this forum, and it's sad. I can't believe that we are in the 21st century, and people still behave like this. It's OK if a black guy is well spoken, well dressed, & doesn't dance. Who do you people want, Bryant Gumbel? We need a MF'ing LEADER, not someone to bang our sister. If that leader is Vince, or someone else, FINE.

I love Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcolm X. (from popular episode Chappelle show in case anyone missed that reference)

As a side note, has anyone else noticed how Moran Norris looks a lot like Wayne Brady?

There, that is my contribution to this silly thread.

dcarey20
02-16-2006, 03:22 PM
its funny that every person that hates on VY in other threads came in here to show their appaul at what he did.

i like vince young, i think he is a great player with loads of potential.

im just saying that if it was me, i think i would have worn something nice

powerfuldragon
02-16-2006, 03:24 PM
i like vince young, i think he is a great player with loads of potential.

im just saying that if it was me, i think i would have worn something nice

HE LOST HIS SUIT, SO HE WORE THE NICEST THING HE HAD. THE HOODIE WASN"T EVEN TRASHY LOOKING. CLOSE THREAD.

El Tejano
02-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Keep in mind, I like Carr and think he will be a good QB for this team or whatever team he gets traded for.

However, David Carr is a well dressed guy for occasions and yet we sit here with the first pick after four years of existence and many Sundays of asking when are we going to start winning.

My point is, I don't give a darn if the dude goes to the white house wearing a a shirt that says F You. It's his paragotive. I don't get paid to tell him what to wear, I certainly am not his mama to tell him how to act. However, I do watch games to see him win and I would take a winner that dresses bad over a slicked up loser.

El Tejano
02-16-2006, 04:16 PM
And oh yeah. Why don't you bring up the fact that Vince has always stayed after games and even after the National Championship celebration at UT to sign many free autographs? Yeah that sounds classless to me....

Hey everyone on here is saying this guy is not a sure bet to be a star. So let me ask you this. If you knew you had a chance of people never wanting your autograph again and with all the lying people do to get an autograph, Wouldn't you make sure you get what you can right away?

Also, aren't these events where the price is mentioned from the start for the autograph? If you don't want to pay don't go.

kingdee09
02-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Keep in mind, I like Carr and think he will be a good QB for this team or whatever team he gets traded for.

However, David Carr is a well dressed guy for occasions and yet we sit here with the first pick after four years of existence and many Sundays of asking when are we going to start winning.

My point is, I don't give a darn if the dude goes to the white house wearing a a shirt that says F You. It's his paragotive. I don't get paid to tell him what to wear, I certainly am not his mama to tell him how to act. However, I do watch games to see him win and I would take a winner that dresses bad over a slicked up loser.

good point man, yall get mad over a winner whos possibly going to make more money than a 4 year loser who can never win. im not hating on DC but how long do we have to wait for him to improve?

who cares what VY wears shoot he could of went to the white house naked for all i care, whats the big deal? he's a winner and a team player and thats all yall should care about.

if RB were to do something like dress in a shirt and jeans to the WH yall wouldnt be on his jock and write a thread about it.

jerek
02-16-2006, 08:52 PM

Very eloquent.

Joe Whiteguy would look every bit as much of a dumbass if he did what Vince did. Period, point blank, the end. Racism will unfortunately always have its place in America, but it is stupid to suggest that a message board full of people talking passionately about a sport built on black personalities is bringing racism into the issue when we talk about his faux pas.

I will take his story about "forgetting it" at face value and leave it at that: big deal, I don't think he meant to **** on the White House.

And I still do not want the Texans to draft him. And David Carr, a showboat? Do you watch games? Vince is ten times the showboat that Carr is. The guy has GQ hair, everybody get off his nuts for it. It's no more fair to criticize the guy for his haircut or religion or happy married life or what have you than it is to criticize Vince for being black.

ToroFan
02-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Very eloquent.

Joe Whiteguy would look every bit as much of a dumbass if he did what Vince did. Period, point blank, the end. Racism will unfortunately always have its place in America, but it is stupid to suggest that a message board full of people talking passionately about a sport built on black personalities is bringing racism into the issue when we talk about his faux pas.

I will take his story about "forgetting it" at face value and leave it at that: big deal, I don't think he meant to **** on the White House.

And I still do not want the Texans to draft him. And David Carr, a showboat? Do you watch games? Vince is ten times the showboat that Carr is. The guy has GQ hair, everybody get off his nuts for it. It's no more fair to criticize the guy for his haircut or religion or happy married life or what have you than it is to criticize Vince for being black.

Yeah it's not like Carr had a press conference to cut his hair...oh wait...

Vinny
02-16-2006, 08:56 PM
enough with the racial stuff guys. I asked you to back off of that stuff. Everyone has spoken their minds and we can close it now and enjoy it as a cherished memory.