PDA

View Full Version : $ where your mouth is.

michaelm
02-11-2006, 03:07 AM
OK. The DC extension has come and gone with, at the very least, mixed reactions.
So, I propose that we all put our money where our mouths are in a sticky thread containing our predictions of his future performance/success with the Texans.
I want to see some very specific predictions, stats included. We may decide to/or not to include such team success related predictions such as playoff berths and/or SB appearances.
I will make my prediction, and that may serve as a guide to the kind of prediction that I am proposing.

Statistically, I expect DC to achieve these individual stats, in a single season.

Within two years i predict that DC will have(in a single season):

3,500+yds passing/ 24+tds / 16> INTs / 350+yds rushing / 3+ rushing TDs

Let the games begin... I am sure that i am not in the majority, but that will make it that much sweeter if i prove to be correct.
Moderators... this thread may not be worthy of sticky(ness, dom, etc...) but it should be at least as entertaining as many other threads, sticky or otherwise...

Vinny
02-11-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm not going to sticky a thread for two years. Make whatever prediction you want and bookmark it or put in nice key words to search for later. It would probably be better to sum up where the posters stand after the draft and FA.

Wordem
02-11-2006, 09:36 AM

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Double Barrel
02-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm not making any predictions until I see what players we pick up. I probably won't even do that until I get to see them play at least a pre-season game. Right now, nobody but the FO has any real idea of what the Texans will look like next season.

Although we can post hopeful stats. I'd love to see the stats from DC you mentioned, michaelm. That would mean that we're probably posting some Ws, too. :thumbup

Tailgate
02-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Here are some key words...

David Carr MVP Super Bowl

swtbound07
02-11-2006, 11:33 AM
i'll make my prediction and hope that im wrong

david carr season next year

less than 2500 yards passing
11 tds
17 ints

sacked 45 times
texans go 4-12

run-david-run
02-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Ok, Carr 3500 yds passing, 22 Td's, 9 Int's next season (8-8)
Carr 3800 yards passing 27 Td's, 12 Int's season after next (10-6) make playoffs.

Wolf
02-11-2006, 11:43 AM

11 tds
17 ints

sacked 45 times
texans go 4-12

really? or sarcasm? .. I would think Kubiak could get better numbers than that out of him.

Maddict5
02-11-2006, 12:04 PM
il make my prediction after the draft and FA

MorKnolle
02-11-2006, 12:43 PM

11 tds
17 ints

sacked 45 times
texans go 4-12
These look more like the stats Vince would put up if he played his rookie year. Carr won't throw more INTs than TDs, and Kubiak will get a lot more production out of the offense than that.

Ok, Carr 3500 yds passing, 22 Td's, 9 Int's next season (8-8)
Carr 3800 yards passing 27 Td's, 12 Int's season after next (10-6) make playoffs.

This looks a little more accurate.

swtbound07
02-11-2006, 01:40 PM
really? or sarcasm? .. I would think Kubiak could get better numbers than that out of him.

not a reflection on carr so much as a reflection on this teams continued failure to get something going on the offensive line...until they address this and i see it, i have to stay with my negative predictions. blast me if you want, but im not optimistic. Still cheering, but saddened.

whiskeyrbl
02-11-2006, 01:46 PM
I think Carr will be in a better system this year so i see it as
2850 yrds passing
16 tD
9 int
3 rush td
only 26 sacks!

Tale Gator
02-11-2006, 01:54 PM
I think Carr will have a more productive season next year, definitely better than this year. I think the Texans will end up about 7-9 with Carr finishing 14 of those games. The blocking schemes will improve, but Carr will still take an above average beating and his body won't bounce back as quickly in season five. The amount of big hits Carr has taken over his first 4 seasons is a huge concern IMHO. I'm assuming he has passed his physicals with flying colors though - hence the big contract.

LBC_Justin
02-11-2006, 02:25 PM
I need to see our moves in FA and the Draft. I'll come back and post my predictions then.

But if everything stayed the same, I expect the coaching and scheme alone to lead to a 10%-20% improvement.

A new recieving threat in a new TE or Reggie Bush, improvement from Mathis, more openings for Andre. Better O-line. All this adds up to a break out year for Carr. Hopefully the people around Carr step it up next year.

:redtowel: :redtowel:

Samer
02-11-2006, 02:50 PM
I think he will get
3200 Passing Yards
21 TD's
14 INTs

Koolbrz
02-11-2006, 03:04 PM
OK. The DC extension has come and gone with, at the very least, mixed reactions.
So, I propose that we all put our money where our mouths are in a sticky thread containing our predictions of his future performance/success with the Texans.
I want to see some very specific predictions, stats included. We may decide to/or not to include such team success related predictions such as playoff berths and/or SB appearances.
I will make my prediction, and that may serve as a guide to the kind of prediction that I am proposing.

Statistically, I expect DC to achieve these individual stats, in a single season.

Let the games begin... I am sure that i am not in the majority, but that will make it that much sweeter if i prove to be correct.
Moderators... this thread may not be worthy of sticky(ness, dom, etc...) but it should be at least as entertaining as many other threads, sticky or otherwise...

I would say he gets 3000+ yds, 22td's, 12int, 300+ yds on the ground, and maybe 4td's. Could be better though if they pick up some quality people this off season. You know draft and FA.

Texans86
02-11-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Carr could throw for 3500+ yards next season. People have to remember that he reached over 3000 yards only two years ago. The '05 season was a season from hell, and Carr got a few bruises, but he can still sling the ball. I'm going with:

Nest Season
Passing Yards: 3300+
Passing TD's: 24
INTs: 10
Rushing Yards: 300
Rushing TD's: 2

swtbound07
02-11-2006, 05:25 PM

11 tds
17 ints

sacked 45 times
texans go 4-12

so making a prediction people are unhappy with gets me hit twice with the negative rep? come on now....this isnt right. Honest discourse....and i completely explained my logic behind the prediction a couple of posts down.....geez...you people.

Big B Texan Fan
02-11-2006, 06:02 PM
I don't know how he'll do whether it's with the Texans or if he's to be traded (save all the false hope replies, it could happen).

I do want to point out that his decent #'s in '04 were mostly in part to a good start to the 1st 6-8 games but declined in the second half of the season. And we all know abot the entire '05 season. Picked up right where he left off if you ask me.

Like to point as well that the staff we had here seems to be taking way too much of the blame for the dismal season(s). Most of them were experienced at their trade but failed to get it done. Now I ask, was it the coaching or was it the players or was it both? Obviously it was both but was it 50% 50& or 60% 40% or ect...

And what is with this $ where your mouth is junk, you taking bets or something. Jerek likes to bet.

TexanBacker93
02-11-2006, 07:29 PM
I think considering Carr has thrown more TDs than INTs the past 2 years indicates that with a real coach and a better offense around him he will once again throw more TDs. Still, a good QB should throw 10 more TDs than INTs. Right now, Carr can be considered average. He needs to break the 20 mark this season.

3300 yards
21 TDs
11 Ints
Texans to an 8-8 record.

Big B Texan Fan
02-11-2006, 10:11 PM
You just keep holding on to that.:ok:

Carr is not getting traded, but that is just my opinion.:cool:
You know, you're probably 99.9% right. I just think that if a trade of a player happens it'll be him, we'd get more for him than any other player besides AJ or D-Rob, and those 2 aren't going anywhere.

Imagine us trading him for someone's 1st rd'r in the 20's and Maroney falls to us.

run-david-run
02-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Why would we want Maroney right now? He is nowehere near a guaranteed upgrade over DD. If we were in the 20's, we would go after either Winston or Justice at LT. If they are both gone, I could see us going for D with either Kiwi, Greenway, or DeMeco Ryans.

MorKnolle
02-12-2006, 09:45 AM
You know, you're probably 99.9% right. I just think that if a trade of a player happens it'll be him, we'd get more for him than any other player besides AJ or D-Rob, and those 2 aren't going anywhere.

Imagine us trading him for someone's 1st rd'r in the 20's and Maroney falls to us.

We would have to get one helluva good trade offer to make it worth the $8 million cap hit for trading him, and I don't see us getting that nice of an offer for Carr.

Big B Texan Fan
02-12-2006, 08:19 PM
We would have to get one helluva good trade offer to make it worth the $8 million cap hit for trading him, and I don't see us getting that nice of an offer for Carr.
If you could get a #20 - #32 in rd 1 would you? This is a pre draft trade of course.

thunderkyss
02-12-2006, 09:01 PM

Ricky Williams would be worth it. or something of that nature.

Ricky is worth an 8 million dollar cap hit. because we'll get $8 million worth of runningback, no question asked. His salary would be so low, to be almost non existant.

We don't need Ricky Williams.... I personally wouldn't take the trade, but I think the Value would be there. We get Ricky, and a draft pick.... I'd negotiate for second round, but I'd take their third.

thunderkyss
02-12-2006, 09:13 PM
I think considering Carr has thrown more TDs than INTs the past 2 years indicates that with a real coach and a better offense around him he will once again throw more TDs. Still, a good QB should throw 10 more TDs than INTs. Right now, Carr can be considered average. He needs to break the 20 mark this season.

3300 yards
21 TDs
11 Ints
Texans to an 8-8 record.

There was something I liked about Jon Kitna. At first, I said..... holmegren knows QBs...... he'll have Seattle in the SuperBowl four years tops....

Then in '98, I said, "Well, hopefully he'll get Jon a little protection...."

In '99, I was like, "Yeeeeeeeeehhhhaaaaaaaaa....... watch out boy's here comesss..... tha.... Sea........att... le.... damn."

The point, is that it was only in recent years, that I understood that Kitna wasn't going to be who I thought he was going to be...

Joe Texan
02-13-2006, 08:51 PM
first thought: Carr for veterans and draft picks, the team he goes to has the most sacks in the season.

Second thought: 8 sacks in first game and benched

Third thought: Maybe he will become a leader and lead his team to victory over and over.

I really like the third thought but I cannot get the first and second out of my head.

zeplin
02-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Here are some key words...

David Carr MVP Super Bowl

Now that is what I call a prediction!

Next seasons comeback player of the year.
Starting QB in next seasons pro bowl

TexanSam
02-13-2006, 10:33 PM
I predict David Carr to throw 3200 yards next year with 24 TD's and 14 INTs. I also predict he'll only be sacked 30 times. David Carr can throw for more than 3200 yards, but with the new offense under Kubiak I think he'll throw for less because of an improved rushing attack under Davis and Bush. I don't think Carr will be a Pro Bowler next year, but I do predict he'll be in the running for comeback player of the year. I do think he'll be in the Pro Bowl in 2 years though.

swtbound07
12-22-2006, 01:40 PM

11 tds
17 ints

sacked 45 times
texans go 4-12

im bumping this, because I think after the last 2 games are said and done i'll end up having been really really close. I'd kinda like an apology from the 3 people who gave me negative rep for this prediction, considering Carr's current statline looks something like this

2,518 yards passing
10 td's
11 int's
texans are currently 4-10

Porky
12-22-2006, 01:47 PM
im bumping this, because I think after the last 2 games are said and done i'll end up having been really really close. I'd kinda like an apology from the 3 people who gave me negative rep for this prediction, considering Carr's current statline looks something like this

2,518 yards passing
10 td's
11 int's

Wow, nice find swt. I think a whole lot of people owe this guy an apology. He was dead on the whole time, while the rest of you bought the whole lot, hook line and sinker. The term ship of fools comes to mind.

TEXANRED
12-22-2006, 01:48 PM

2,518 yards passing
10 td's
11 int's

your wearing a VY jersey. That in itself is worth 3 neg reps.

I

Second Honeymoon
12-22-2006, 01:52 PM

2,518 yards passing
10 td's
11 int's

Props bro. I was right there with ya.

DenverBorn
12-22-2006, 02:16 PM
David Carr (if he's a Texan) - 4-12
Vince Young 11-5

do any other stats matter?

Oh and I think Carr's stats need to be segregated between when the teams are within 10 points of each other and when we are hopelessly behind in the fourth quarter

Second Honeymoon
12-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Vince Young 11-5

Oh and I think Carr's stats need to be segregated between when the teams are within 10 points of each other and when we are hopelessly behind in the fourth quarter

You can look at them either way and they pretty much suck. But yeah, all his TDs are when we are down by like 200.

DenverBorn
12-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Since we are discussing predictions, here's what I said on June 25th, 2006. I guess my misses were (a) we ended up with a great MLB, and (b) we'll probably finish 4-12. Otherwise I'd say that I nailed it, wouldn't you?

From 6-25-06

Wow this board is waaay too optimistic

I am going with 5-11, and I think that's a stretch

1. Carr is still Carr. He has the expansion team mindset of "play well enough to not embarass myself", not "win". And he's still got no true competition for his position, and multiple years left on his contract. It's a HUGE leap of faith that he'll get better phyically and become a leader/winner all in one season. Don't count on it. Ever.

2. We've added an aging center to an OL that's otherwise pretty much the same. We're still depending on the likes of Pitts, McKinney, Weigert and Wand. I think to expect true contributions from two rookie 3rd round draft picks is way too optimistic. Maybe in 2008 -

3. We're definitely better at TE and WR but see 1 and 2 above.

4. DD is going to continue to be hurt and we don't have a legitimate alternative.

5. Our DL is picking up a new scheme with multiple new players. Travis Johnson is looking like a colossal bust as a 1st round draft pick. I'm happy we switched to a 4-3 but I don't see us having a DL that's going to dominate many teams. Certainly not a "13-3" type DL

6. Are our linebackers any better? We don't have a legit, injury-free candidate for MLB. Sam Cowart? Hmmm. And all of a sudden Greenwood is going to be better?

7. We have not improved a porous defensive backfield AT ALL. Do we really expect PBuc to get any better? Is Faggins a true front line CB? Earl and Brown as the starting safeties? Did anyone watch us play last year?

All of this optimism is unfounded. I like most of the draft picks but they aren't going to make a huge impact in 06. We're expecting our QB, OL, DL, LBs and DBs to get better based on "coaching". Call me skeptical. I think Mario, Ryans, Winston and Spencer are all a great start towards getting better but it's not gonna happen in 2006.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?p=371512#post371512

kingh99
12-22-2006, 02:27 PM

Gosh I am glad I'm being encouraged to post elsewhere. This place is reserved for suckers. Who in their right mind will be talking about the Texnots next year if McNair's cabana boy is back again. This franchise deserves the crap fanbase it's building. Horrible horrible owner. Horrible horrible franchise.

eriadoc
12-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Those three should apologize to you for leaving neg rep anyway, regardless if you hit your prediction. You didn't flame, troll, or otherwise present your assertion in a negative way. I don't get it.

Anyway, congrats on hitting the prediction (I think ..... :confused: )

Honoring Earl 34
12-22-2006, 02:28 PM
David Carr will be carrying a clipboard .

kastofsna
12-22-2006, 03:01 PM

2,518 yards passing
10 td's
11 int's
why should they apologize? for having a different opinion than you? grow up. plus you're wearing the jersey of a rival, that gets you as much negative reps as you can get.

kastofsna
12-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Vince Young 11-5

oh please. this texans team lead by a rookie QB is going to go 11-5? especially a rookie QB who can't string together any sort of consistency passing.

DenverBorn
12-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Actually not realizing the original post was made in February, this was my prediction for next year, hence the parenthetical next to DC's name - my bad, I guess

Texas_Heat
12-22-2006, 03:11 PM
2300 yards
11 TDs
14 Ints
sacked 42
32 fumbles

Texans 2-14 record

swtbound07
12-22-2006, 05:10 PM
why should they apologize? for having a different opinion than you? grow up. plus you're wearing the jersey of a rival, that gets you as much negative reps as you can get.

Having a different opinion than me doesn't bother me, its people who bash me for having my own opinion that i dislike. Get over the jersey already.

amazingandre
12-22-2006, 05:38 PM
swt i have been just sittin here and readin all your posts.....you know your shizt.....nice...... i think carr will return like you said in another post and nice predictions heading into this year......

threetoedpete
12-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Wasn't me SWT. LOL, I think you just rub people the wrong way. That's ok . It takes all kinds. I'll wait untill the after the draft. I'm with you on that one SWT, they leave the whole in the o-line bucket alone again with the I'm not very optomistic. I think Winston is still overrated on the board from his sophmore press clipings. And I'll believe Spencer's speedy recovery when I see him in summer camp banging with the pads on.

TEXANRED
12-22-2006, 09:03 PM
your wearing a V jersey. That in itself is worth 3 neg reps.

I

Ha ha. I got neg rep for saying that! For some reason I don't mind getting negative rep from Tampon fans. Good to know I can get under there skin.

People can wear what they want. Since when were you elected clothing emperor?

This person is silly. A clothing emperor. Elected! I didn't know they held elections to be an emperor? I always thought you had to kill people and forcefully take over an area and then proclaim yourself an emperor.

Besides, SW should know I was just kidding.

Some people need not wear there speed-o and then try and post, I think the string rides up there butt a little too much, chafes, and they become a little sensitive.

TEXANRED
12-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Get over the jersey already.
Now SW lets be honest, the only reason you would post an avatar of you wearing a controversial division rival is for you to get attention. Good or bad.

Think about it, how would you like it if I posted a pic of me wearing a Stroud jersey.

That would be silly wouldn't it?

Tayton
12-22-2006, 09:10 PM

11 tds
17 ints

sacked 45 times
texans go 4-12

Funny that you mention that because I just looked up NFL stats and found very similar stats for the QB for the Titans (except of course the 4-12 part)

HOOK'EM
12-22-2006, 10:00 PM
I think Carr will improve, where ever he plays next year:

TD's =6
INT's= 18
Sacks=65..................as long as he plays ALL season!

swtbound07
12-23-2006, 03:06 AM
Funny that you mention that because I just looked up NFL stats and found very similar stats for the QB for the Titans (except of course the 4-12 part)

Allright..if you want to ignore the wins, rushing yards, and the fact that Carr has had THREE more starts than VY this year, sure. Whatever, its great that Carr is able to match pace with a rookie after only 5 years in the league.

awtysst
12-23-2006, 10:48 AM
so making a prediction people are unhappy with gets me hit twice with the negative rep? come on now....this isnt right. Honest discourse....and i completely explained my logic behind the prediction a couple of posts down.....geez...you people.

I don't agree with your opinion(I think if Spencer comes back and we draft one more lineman our line will be solid). That said, I respect your opinion as you do not just spout off but provide a basis for your thoughts. I got your back.

swtbound07
01-02-2007, 05:12 AM

11 tds
17 ints

sacked 45 times
texans go 4-12

Bumped to wrap up this thread and post Davids Final Stats

David Carr
2,767 yards passing
11 tds
12 ints
sacked 41 times
texans go 6-10

threetoedpete
01-18-2007, 02:28 AM
I'm not making any predictions until I see what players we pick up. I probably won't even do that until I get to see them play at least a pre-season game. Right now, nobody but the FO has any real idea of what the Texans will look like next season.

Although we can post hopeful stats. I'd love to see the stats from DC you mentioned, michaelm. That would mean that we're probably posting some Ws, too. :thumbup

Subscribe to the thread Einstien.

I like DC. I wouldn't take that bet on a dare. I hope you've got some coins to back up the post. Tell Alice -in-Wonderland threetoedpete said hey.

threetoedpete
01-18-2007, 02:32 AM

Wasn't me. You do seem to draw them like flies to dung though don't you. I just hope you're not a marketing major SWT.

swtbound07
01-18-2007, 11:33 AM
this was a predicition thread started LAST year guys. Can't emphasize that enough

Double Barrel
01-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Subscribe to the thread Einstien.

I like DC. I wouldn't take that bet on a dare. I hope you've got some coins to back up the post. Tell Alice -in-Wonderland threetoedpete said hey.

Boy, aren't you on the ball, replying to a post dated 02-11-2006. It's only been a year... :loser wish I could sleep through life like you

Wasn't me. You do seem to draw them like flies to dung though don't you. I just hope you're not a marketing major SWT.

Well, if anybody knows dung, I suppose you're the resident expert.... :ok:

p.s. it's Einstein, not Einstien

kcwilson
01-18-2007, 12:49 PM

*buzz* What is the definition of Irony, Alex?

Beer and Metal
01-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Boy, aren't you on the ball, replying to a post dated 02-11-2006. It's only been a year... :loser wish I could sleep through life like you

Well, if anybody knows dung, I suppose you're the resident expert.... :ok:

Uhmm.... That's NORMAN Einstein.

Signed,

Joe T.

threetoedpete
01-18-2007, 12:53 PM
I know when the flies are onit for sure.

2BCF
01-18-2007, 01:01 PM
LMAO at all these big carr predictions. Have any of you watched the sucktitude of carr over the last 5 years.

here's your reality:

1800 yards, 5 td's 10 INT's and finally BENCHED early 2007.

GUARANTEE: he will not make it thru the year as the starter.

ITA. Carr has held this franchise back for years and for that there is no forgiveness. The sooner he leaves, the better.

texans83
01-18-2007, 02:16 PM

11 tds
17 ints

sacked 45 times
texans go 4-12

BULL $H*T

swtbound07
01-18-2007, 02:39 PM
BULL $H*T

actually, if you looked at the stats, i was pretty damn close

dantem
01-19-2007, 12:53 AM
His stats will be controlled at least 50% by how good the O-Line is, I'll wait to see if he is here, and how our line looks.