PDA

View Full Version : NFL Europe

Sideline
02-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey guys, i dont post here a whole lot, Im mainly a poster at Texans Talk.com.

Just wanted to make you guys aware that my NFL Europe Site is back online, as I know last year there were a fair few people from this Forum who were taking a regular look at it.

Although being a site to cover the actual league as a whole I will be focusing much like last year on those that have been allocated by the Texans.Including Kendrick Starling and Co.

Anyway Just wanted to make you aware that its back, the adddress is www.freewebs.com/sidelinestexans (http://www.freewebs.com/sidelinestexans)

TEXANS84
02-06-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm going to sticky this thread, because Sideline is one of the best "over the pond" resident Texans fan. He can give us insider information on how our guys are doing over there.

His updates on the Texans are very well written, and extremely informative. I'd get info on his site that usually won't hit the states until a day or two later.

So keep up the good work Sideline!

Sideline
02-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Hey 84, Thanks alot for that my friend, I appreciate it. Im glad you find the information i provide helpful, I'ts something I really enjoy doing so put alot of work into it.

Enjoy Guys. :)

mexican_texan
02-06-2006, 08:27 PM
I saw Dave Ragone play in NFL Europe last season and liked how pure the game was. It was like the NFL back in the day. Is there a website or something where I can see the games? I believe only three games were shown last season, one of which included Dave Ragone.

Sideline
02-07-2006, 04:54 AM
I know that in America the games are being shown on NFL Network and Fox Sports. Last season the NFL's Official websites did supply one game a week to watch over the internet, Im not sure weather this will continue this year, I've enquired into this for you with the NFL Europe League Offices and will hopefully get a reply soon.

Ill keep you updated.

Runner
02-07-2006, 05:42 AM
I saw Dave Ragone play in NFL Europe last season and liked how pure the game was. It was like the NFL back in the day. Is there a website or something where I can see the games? I believe only three games were shown last season, one of which included Dave Ragone.

I think Ragone's team was on PBS at least 3 times last year. I saw a little of the first one flipping through the chanels and then saw one more before the championship game.

Sideline
02-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Week 1
02 April 2005 Frankfurt at Berlin DTV 11:00
02 April 2005 Rhein at Amsterdam NFLnet 12:00

Week 2
09 April 2005 Amsterdam at Frankfurt DTV 13:00
10 April 2005 Cologne at Rhein NFLnet 10:00

Week 3
16 April 2005 Frankfurt at Cologne DTV 12:00
16 April 2005 Rhein at Hamburg NFLnet 13:00

Week 4
23 April 2005 Berlin at Rhein DTV 13:00
23 April 2005 Hamburg at Frankfurt NFLnet 13:00

Week 5
30 April 2005 Rhein at Frankfurt NFLnet 13:00
30 April 2005 Cologne at Hamburg DTV 13:00

Week 6
07 May 2005 Hamburg at Rhein NFLnet 13:00
08 May 2005 Frankfurt at Amsterdam DTV 9:00

Week 7
14 May 2005 Amsterdam at Hamburg DTV 13:00
14 May 2005 Cologne at Frankfurt NFLnet 13:00

Week 8
21 May 2005 Frankfurt at Rhein NFLnet 13:00
22 May 2005 Berlin at Hamburg FOX 10:00
23 May 2005 Cologne at Amsterdam DTV 14:00

Week 9
28 May 2005 Berlin at Frankfurt NFLnet 13:00
29 May 2005 Hamburg at Amsterdam DTV 09:00
29 May 2005 Rhein at Cologne FOX 10:00

Week 10
04 June 2005 Frankfurt at Hamburg DTV 13:00
04 June 2005 Amsterdam at Rhein NFLnet 13:00
05 June 2005 Cologne at Berlin FOX 10:00

World Bowl XIII
11 June 2005 World Bowl at LTU Arena, Düsseldorf FOX 11:00

There you go guys, thats the US TV Schedule, Im hoping you can catch plenty of the games, Kendrick has already been noted with a play of the day in just 2 days of Training Camp so far. A season full of those and he could really open some eyes.

swtbound07
02-20-2006, 11:18 PM
for what its worth, the texans have a scout down here in tampa to watch some nfl europe training camps that are going on fri-sunday.

Sideline
02-21-2006, 05:23 PM
I know we send one every year, wasnt sure on the situation this year with the new coaching staff, good to see they are still keeping check on our guys over there, thanks for the heads up dude.

mexican_texan
03-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Is Dave Ragone going back to NFL Europe? If he gets a 'ship, maybe he could get Rogane to sponsor him...I never noticed how bald he was until he played for the Thunder

rmartin65
03-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Who is the Strong Safety for Hamburg? He is good in Madden, young too.

TEXANS84
03-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Current Texans players over at NFLE:

Following is the list of players and their respective teams.

Safety Kevin Curtis – Cologne Centurions
Cornerback Mark Estelle – Cologne Centurions
Safety Anthony Floyd – Berlin Thunder
Tight end Aaron Halterman – Rhein Fire
Defensive end Elliot Harris – Frankfurt Galaxy
Wide receiver Kendrick Starling – Rhein Fire
Linebacker Andre Torrey – Berlin Thunder
Safety Jarrell Weaver – Berlin Thunder

www.houstontexans.com

mexican_texan
03-17-2006, 11:48 PM
It was nice to see a player with a Texans logo on his helmet win the MVP. Its too bad Ragone didn't go. I'm sure he would be a celebrity in Berlin.

PapaL
03-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Galaxy @ Fire today, 1pm EST/12CST on NFL Network. 3 Texans in this game.

Sideline
03-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey Guys, Just to keep you updated, ive had some problems with the upload service on my webhost so my NFL Europe website has now moved to a new host located at

http://two.fsphost.com/nfle/

Hope your all enjoying the season so far! I know i am!

TEXANS84
03-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the update Sideline.

Wow, Halterman and Curtis had good games.

Sideline
03-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Yeah Halterman is really playing well, opened my eyes, hes out performring Starling at the moment, although eventually I expect Henson will get back into the rhythm he was in during camp with Kendrick and they will hook up.

Another guy playing really well is Andre Torrey a Linebacker with the Berlin Thunder, hes having a great season with 15 Total Tackles, 1 Forced Fumble and 1 Sack so far. Keep an eye on him.

And I just wanted to mention, could you guys let me know of any problems you find on the site at the moment, things seem to be working fine on my PC, but websites have a tendancy not to work fine on others, so any problems and id be very thankfull if you could just post a message here to let me know.

rmartin65
03-27-2006, 06:10 PM
I have not watched NFL Europe alot, so here's a question:

If a guy is not on an NFL team, can he be signed by any NFL team?

DominickDavisFan76
03-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Who is the Strong Safety for Hamburg? He is good in Madden, young too.
whats his name?

rmartin65
03-27-2006, 06:14 PM
whats his name?
Lundquist, I think. Something like that. Patrik is his first name, maybe?

Sideline
03-28-2006, 05:17 AM
I have not watched NFL Europe alot, so here's a question:

If a guy is not on an NFL team, can he be signed by any NFL team?

Yep he can, Although I'm not entirely sure when he can I do seem to remeber that going into camp last year Akili Smith didn't have a team but then the Buccanneers picked him up after he threw pretty decent in Training Camp, the rest of his season was a mess but thats just one example.

I know after the season ends there are usualy a few signings of those that went to NFL Europe as Free Agents and then come back and have an NFL Team waiting. Those without a team are open to any offers they want.

In regard to you wanting to know the name of the saftey for Hamburg, If he was on last years Madden it is most likely that this season he is not with the league as there are only a handfull of players that return for a second season, each year the players all change. The only other thing i can think is that he is a National Player which wil mean he returns every year. But the only Safteys for Hamburg seem to be:-
Mayer, Shawn
Osei, Claudius
Shivers, Jason
and then Lacey, Chonn on IR

Sideline
03-28-2006, 05:22 AM
Done some more research on your boy Lundquist, and apparently he was a National player Saftey last year. This is what I managed to get translated from German from a Hamburg Sea Devils Report by a coach, so it may not make all that sense.

Patrick Lundquist is a young, large Safety in national the Camp as player with very good football understanding and TAC sounding abilities on itself made attentive. I am strained as make myself if its American team comrades young come and the play still faster, still physical and still more complicated become.

I cant say ive seen him in the league or in National Camp this year so he may be hurt or taking a year out, or may jsut have not got through the trials this year.

rmartin65
03-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Done some more research on your boy Lundquist, and apparently he was a National player Saftey last year. This is what I managed to get translated from German from a Hamburg Sea Devils Report by a coach, so it may not make all that sense.

Patrick Lundquist is a young, large Safety in national the Camp as player with very good football understanding and TAC sounding abilities on itself made attentive. I am strained as make myself if its American team comrades young come and the play still faster, still physical and still more complicated become.

I cant say ive seen him in the league or in National Camp this year so he may be hurt or taking a year out, or may jsut have not got through the trials this year.
Thanks for all of that.

rmartin65
03-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Yep he can, Although I'm not entirely sure when he can I do seem to remeber that going into camp last year Akili Smith didn't have a team but then the Buccanneers picked him up after he threw pretty decent in Training Camp, the rest of his season was a mess but thats just one example.

I know after the season ends there are usualy a few signings of those that went to NFL Europe as Free Agents and then come back and have an NFL Team waiting. Those without a team are open to any offers they want.

In regard to you wanting to know the name of the saftey for Hamburg, If he was on last years Madden it is most likely that this season he is not with the league as there are only a handfull of players that return for a second season, each year the players all change. The only other thing i can think is that he is a National Player which wil mean he returns every year. But the only Safteys for Hamburg seem to be:-
Mayer, Shawn
Osei, Claudius
Shivers, Jason
and then Lacey, Chonn on IR
Okay, I'm sorry for all the questions, and thanks a lot for your help, but can National players be signed by a team? I did'nt know if they counted as free agents or something totally different. Again, thanks a lot.

Sideline
03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Okay, I'm sorry for all the questions, and thanks a lot for your help, but can National players be signed by a team? I did'nt know if they counted as free agents or something totally different. Again, thanks a lot.

No Problem, Dont worry about it im happy to answer any questions anybody has about the league. To answer your one about National Players, yes they are technically Free Agents, usually a few get signed after the season, but obviously while many National players are very good in NFL Europe, competing in the NFL is a different Kettle of fish all together, as they just havnt been coached to the extent that Americans have, most Nationals will have received limited coaching and not the amount of training in the gym or on the field as American players. Dont get me wrong, National players know their football, but they do suffer from the lack of a programme for them to come through as younger players.

There are some great ones out there though, Lorn Mayers he is 19 and spent last Training Camp with the Oakland Raiders probably will again this season, and theres Scott McCready who has spent time with the Patriots where he won a Superbowl ring being on the practice Squad and then time with the Panthers in Camp.

There is also the National Player Development Programe where the league designated 4 players to 4 NFL teams and they spend the year on the practice squad they cannot be named to the starting roster, or cut from the squad, so its a great oppurtunity for them.

rmartin65
03-28-2006, 05:57 PM
No Problem, Dont worry about it im happy to answer any questions anybody has about the league. To answer your one about National Players, yes they are technically Free Agents, usually a few get signed after the season, but obviously while many National players are very good in NFL Europe, competing in the NFL is a different Kettle of fish all together, as they just havnt been coached to the extent that Americans have, most Nationals will have received limited coaching and not the amount of training in the gym or on the field as American players. Dont get me wrong, National players know their football, but they do suffer from the lack of a programme for them to come through as younger players.

There are some great ones out there though, Lorn Mayers he is 19 and spent last Training Camp with the Oakland Raiders probably will again this season, and theres Scott McCready who has spent time with the Patriots where he won a Superbowl ring being on the practice Squad and then time with the Panthers in Camp.

There is also the National Player Development Programe where the league designated 4 players to 4 NFL teams and they spend the year on the practice squad they cannot be named to the starting roster, or cut from the squad, so its a great oppurtunity for them.
Cool, thanks a lot.

Sideline
04-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Hey Guys, Was wondering could someone just let me know if the site is working over there, Ive just been having a problem with people being able to see it.

Thanks Alot, would be much appreciated.

edo783
04-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Hey Guys, Was wondering could someone just let me know if the site is working over there, Ive just been having a problem with people being able to see it.

Thanks Alot, would be much appreciated.

Worked for me Sidline.

chicagolonghorn
04-08-2006, 11:57 AM
sorry to take the thread in a different direction...but ..me and my friends have been trying to find NFLE jerseys for a while to no avail...does anyone know a site or a vendor that sells them?

mexican_texan
04-08-2006, 11:59 AM
sorry to take the thread in a different direction...but ..me and my friends have been trying to find NFLE jerseys for a while to no avail...does anyone know a site or a vendor that sells them?
eBay

chicagolonghorn
04-08-2006, 12:08 PM
eBay
thanks man...if y'all know where we can get authentic or close to authentics too...give me a holler.

Sideline
04-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Cheers Man, Thats good to know.

On the Jerseys, theres a few shops in England, but im not sure they would ship overseas, I will take a look at some of there websites for you dude.

They don't tend to sell Authentic Jerseys for NFLE, or make many Jerseys what with players changing every year, so each year they release one jersey with a number of a player who was a star for them in the past, for instance when the Claymores were around they released 27 for Aaron Stecker who did well over there.

The best way to get Authentic Jerseys is to Sponser a player and at the end of the year you get his jersey, Im not sure how much it is, or weather they let people overseas do this, but its what happens alot for the locals there.

chicagolonghorn
04-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Cheers Man, Thats good to know.

On the Jerseys, theres a few shops in England, but im not sure they would ship overseas, I will take a look at some of there websites for you dude.

They don't tend to sell Authentic Jerseys for NFLE, or make many Jerseys what with players changing every year, so each year they release one jersey with a number of a player who was a star for them in the past, for instance when the Claymores were around they released 27 for Aaron Stecker who did well over there.

The best way to get Authentic Jerseys is to Sponser a player and at the end of the year you get his jersey, Im not sure how much it is, or weather they let people overseas do this, but its what happens alot for the locals there.

good to know...thanks for your help...keep me posted on what you can find.Thanks again.

Sideline
04-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Tempory Address as Server has had some downtime.

Sidelines NFL Europe Reporter
http://2.fsphost.com/nfle

Usual Address will be
http://two.fsphost.com/nfle

Sideline
06-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Just to keep you updated, World Bowl Review online at last, Texans in Europe season Review will be online in the coming days.

edo783
06-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Great. Thanks for all the hardwork Sideline.