PDA

View Full Version : What's worse than V. Young playing for the Tennessee Titans???

BattleRedTexan
02-03-2006, 08:15 PM
What's worse than Vince Young playing for the Tennessee Titans?

Try this on for size:

I have a friend who is in an 'intern' with the Dallas Cowboys. The whispers around Dallas indicate that Jerry Jones is trying to work a trade in order for the Dallas Cowboys to acquire the second pick in the NFL Draft from the New Orleans Saints. This has apparently leaked to the local Dallas media, and has been reported on the local Dallas news/sports TV and Radio shows.

On top of that, I also heard them talking about it on Sports Radio 610 today.

So, if you think that Vince Young playing for the Tennessee Titans would be bad, how about Vince Young playing for the Dallas Cowboys?

This sounds exactly like the kind of thing that the Dallas Cowboys would make a strong push for...
And sadly, the Texans will probably lose a lot of fans if this happens :(

TMac48
02-03-2006, 08:20 PM
We might lose alot of fans when it happens, but they'll come crawling back when we start winning and Dallas still doesn't have a solid quarterback.

Mathis13
02-03-2006, 08:27 PM
We might lose alot of fans when it happens, but they'll come crawling back when we start winning and Dallas still doesn't have a solid quarterback.
Agreed :yahoo: :ok:

Long-Spurs-Texan
02-03-2006, 08:35 PM
IF this happens it would be a MAJOR Coup for the Cowboys. I stopped being a semi Cowboy fan when Jimmy left, but wouldn't be able to help rooting for VY in almost ANY uniform. I am not surprised the NO is looking to trade down with the financial mess they are. They probably can't afford Leinart & Steinberg $$$. I hope the Texans take Vince, but If he goes to the Cowboys, it will be interesting. They have a good D, decent Oline (when healthy), good QB to mentor, depth at RB, good TE's, and good WR's. They will be a factor next year anyways. Houston probably is 2-3 years away.

travfrancis
02-03-2006, 08:55 PM
wow :brickwall

LBC_Justin
02-03-2006, 10:10 PM
IF this happens it would be a MAJOR Coup for the Cowboys. I stopped being a semi Cowboy fan when Jimmy left, but wouldn't be able to help rooting for VY in almost ANY uniform. I am not surprised the NO is looking to trade down with the financial mess they are. They probably can't afford Leinart & Steinberg $$$. I hope the Texans take Vince, but If he goes to the Cowboys, it will be interesting. They have a good D, decent Oline (when healthy), good QB to mentor, depth at RB, good TE's, and good WR's. They will be a factor next year anyways. Houston probably is 2-3 years away.Plus Drew Bledsoe would be an AWESOME mentor for Vince Young, since their styles are so similar.

HoustonFan
02-03-2006, 10:50 PM
As much as I'd like to giv eCarr the benefit of the doubt and get another chance under what we all hope are better conditions, for Vince Young to become a Dallas Cowboy.... :brickwall I'd say bring him here. lol

But like someone said, if and when we are winning will we really care what team he is playing for? Maybe he's winning w/ us. Maybe we're playing against his team and winning that game.

And if Jerry Jones does happen to do succeed at getting that #2 pick from the Saints, damn him to hell - Benson can join him, too.

Carr Bombed
02-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Who cares if Vince goes to the cowboys. I'd rather him go out of conference than to a divisional rival anyday. If he goes to the Cowboys I'd be happy, I'd be able to root for his success without having to worry about playoff implications with my texans.

I'd be happy

As much as anyone tries to make it, the Texans and Cowboys aren't rivals. I lived in dallas for a year and they laughed at the notion that the Texans and Cowboys are rivals. We play twice a decade, yes we get up for that game and its fun, but thats all it is, a game every four years

TexanSam
02-03-2006, 11:05 PM
I still like the Cowboys. I root for the Cowboys in any game, except when they play the Texans (which sadly, happens only once every 4 years). I would rather have VY go to the Cowboys than the Titans. For one, if VY does become a good QB, then we would only face the Cowboys in the Super Bowl if it's not the 4th year when we play them. Secondly, I'd love for them to get VY because I'm just a Cowboy fan in general and I believe they can use him more than the Texans can (I'm a Carr supporter).

swisher
02-04-2006, 12:27 AM
I doubt this could happen, the Cowboys would have to give up too much to move that far up the draft. It would be the Herschel Walker trade all over, but with the Cowboys on the losing end.

thunderkyss
02-04-2006, 12:41 AM
The Cowboys have got plenty.....they can throw Tyson Thompson, Marion Barber, & or one of their tightends(not witten).....

I just think it's funny how their RB situation is the same as ours, but they'll trade up for a QB, like VY....... I mean with Parcells, and Jerry Jones, and their knack for scouting Talent, you'd think they would see the once in a lifetime special player Reggie Bush is........ especially since they are in that push for the SB mode......

swisher
02-04-2006, 12:55 AM
The Cowboys have got plenty.....they can throw Tyson Thompson, Marion Barber, & or one of their tightends(not witten).....

I just think it's funny how their RB situation is the same as ours, but they'll trade up for a QB, like VY....... I mean with Parcells, and Jerry Jones, and their knack for scouting Talent, you'd think they would see the once in a lifetime special player Reggie Bush is........ especially since they are in that push for the SB mode......

Push for the SB mode? The Cowboys have played in as many playoff games as the Texans have the last two seasons. None.

swisher
02-04-2006, 12:57 AM

And what? How many draft picks? The Saints are not just giving the pick away and there are alot more teams that have more to offer than the Cowboys. It's not going to happen.

run-david-run
02-04-2006, 01:20 AM
The Cowgirls need to fix thier O-line before anything else. Yes they had injuries, but they are the oldest O in the league. Keyshawn, Terry Glen, Flozale Adams, Larry Allen, Marco Rivera, Drew Bledsloe, all of these guys are on the edge of their careers. Giving up picks in this draft would not be a good idea for the 'boys, esspecially since by the time VY would be ready it would already be too late for most of these guys.

thunderkyss
02-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Push for the SB mode? The Cowboys have played in as many playoff games as the Texans have the last two seasons. None.
eeeehhh... yeah....... But they feel they've got just as good a chance to go from zero to SB........ JJ's been saying that, since he's hired BP. Make no mistake, the 'boys think they'll be in the superbowl in 2006

The Cowgirls need to fix thier O-line before anything else. Yes they had injuries, but they are the oldest O in the league. Keyshawn, Terry Glen, Flozale Adams, Larry Allen, Marco Rivera, Drew Bledsloe, all of these guys are on the edge of their careers. Giving up picks in this draft would not be a good idea for the 'boys, esspecially since by the time VY would be ready it would already be too late for most of these guys.

They'll be working on two different fronts. the men you mentioned are going to lead them to the SB in 2006, and they are going to ride them as long as they can. When that's done, Flozelle, Vince, JJ, Petiti, Jacobs, Newman, Henry, Ware, Spears, & Canty are going to take over. They'll also be looking at bringing T.O. to Dallas, to help them make the trip to Miami next February...

Tha_Tinman
02-04-2006, 02:29 AM

Who needs Vince Young ...I mean ...he's good but he's no Reggie McNeal! Right? :trophy: :woot2 :neener:

ThaShark316
02-04-2006, 04:17 AM
PLEASE GO TO DALLAS!!! PLEASE!!! I have love for the Cowboys...I hate those damn Titans though. Please do it Cowboys...I support the Cowboys, unlike most.

Carr Bombed
02-04-2006, 04:29 AM
PLEASE GO TO DALLAS!!! PLEASE!!! I have love for the Cowboys...I hate those damn Titans though. Please do it Cowboys...I support the Cowboys, unlike most.

So that would make you 1/3-Buc,1/3-Texan,1/3-Cowboy :cool:

Napa Auto Parts
02-04-2006, 04:42 AM
That would be awsome i would love to see VY in a cowbuy uniform he would take them to many years of glory thats for sure.

BattleRedTexan
02-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Well, according to Sports Radio 610, the New Orleans Saints aren't willing to pay the kind of money $$$ that it will take to get a Young or a Leinert.

Therefore, they are looking to trade the pick. We all realize how valuable the #1 pick is, and how Vince Young declaring made the #1 pick even more valuable. But, that also made the #2 pick WAY more valuable, because the #2 pick now ends up being the #1b pick. Vince Young and Reggie Bush are both #1 pick caliber players, so basically New Orleans also has a #1 draft pick.

New Orleans is looking to trade down and get something for their pick, and apparently the Dallas Cowboys are one of the interested parties.

Vince Young playing for the Dallas Cowboys. AAAGGGGHHHH!

Double Barrel
02-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Who cares if Vince goes to the cowboys. I'd rather him go out of conference than to a divisional rival anyday. If he goes to the Cowboys I'd be happy, I'd be able to root for his success without having to worry about playoff implications with my texans.

Exactly. I agree 100%. :thumbup

Plus, if he's a Cowboy, we get to watch all of his games by default, seeing as Houston never misses a broadcast of the Cowboys. :rolleyes:

DFAN
02-04-2006, 12:19 PM

That is funny. I heard the same thing in 2002 before and definatly after the famous 19-10 game. I told a lot of people on this MB that the Capers and Casserly wouldnt do anything for this team and Capers would be gone in 4 years. Well 4 years later, Capers is gone and the Texans has the 1st pick in the draft.

Reliant stadium sure was MT this season. You might want to worry about getting your fan base back before you worry about getting fans back from Dallas in the future.

As far as Vince coming to Dallas. If I was a Texan fan I would rather him go to Dallas than Titians. If he goes to the Titians, that would mean the Texans have to see him twice a year. On top of that that is the OLD Houston team which the owner moved away. That would suck if I was a Texan fan.

Altough if he went to Dallas and they won a SB with him that would suck too. So its kind of like a double edge sword if you are a Texan fan.

FirstTexansFan
02-04-2006, 12:39 PM

Everyone missed the most obvious answer. Playing for the Texans. The guy is super hype reincarnated. He won't be a successful NFL quarterback, and I look forward to the day I can rub all your noses in that fact :) Now bash away homers, I like knowing who I can put on IGNORE! LOL

Long-Spurs-Texan
02-04-2006, 12:56 PM
He will be better off ANYWHERE than the Titans as far as Texans are concerned. If the Texans are foolish enough to pass on him, he will haunt them for 10 years. He's that competitive. He will turn Reliant Stadium into Vince Stadium on his road games. It will be sickening for Texans fans, coaches, & executives to hear the cheers when he breaks it off in us.

SheTexan
02-04-2006, 02:36 PM
To answer the topic of the thread! What's worst than VY playing for the Tenn Titans?? That would be David Carr playing for ANY other team and taking them to the SB, while the Texans are still on a 2-14 roll under the infamous Vince Young. JMO!!

Ihategeeks
02-04-2006, 03:47 PM
If your team is dead set on taking Reggie Bush you deserve you lose fans to Dallas.

DFAN
02-04-2006, 03:56 PM
To answer the topic of the thread! What's worst than VY playing for the Tenn Titans?? That would be David Carr playing for ANY other team and taking them to the SB, while the Texans are still on a 2-14 roll under the infamous Vince Young. JMO!!

Couldnt agree more. As you know I'm not a Texan fan but I still find myself defending Carr against other Texan fans and fans in general. Just dont see why people are so quick to get rid of Carr and what makes them think that Young will be any better.

Carr was more polished coming out of college than Young is. Carr ran a pro style O in college and proved he could do it. I still think he can if they fix a few things. Vince has never proven he could run that style of O. Texas did what they did because the coaching staff changed the O to fit his style. You can do that in college but it wont work in the NFL.

Vince is a great athelete but I still think he needs time. And if the Texan fans arent willing to give Carr the time what makes anyone think they will give Young the time.

Huge
02-04-2006, 04:45 PM
That (moving up to get Vince) would be the first step towards the Jones/Parcells break up.

Bill is in no mood to have a rookie QB on his team. That's just simply too much of an indicator that he's willing to build towards the future.

Jerry Jones is not a smart football guy. But he is a brilliant business man when it comes to making money for his franchise. He understands what it'd mean to the Cowboys organization to have a home state legend QBing the team.

Alas, I don't see it happening. Dallas would have to give up too much for it to even be considered. If they were picking in the top 10, maybe. But not from the 18th spot.

Caesar
02-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Bill is in no mood to have a rookie QB on his team. That's just simply too much of an indicator that he's willing to build towards the future.
Bledsoe isn't a rookie. Young would be groomed behind him for a few years before taking over.

Tale Gator
02-04-2006, 06:15 PM
That (moving up to get Vince) would be the first step towards the Jones/Parcells break up.

If Jerry Jones has the opportunity to move up and get Vince he will do it in a heartbeat. Parcells is going to coach next season and maybe one more - certainly VY for 10 + years is a better deal for the franchise.

Samer
02-04-2006, 07:14 PM
I say we trade our #1 pick to Dallas for all their best players and draft picks :P

travfrancis
02-04-2006, 07:24 PM

while that would SUCK, i dont think you need to worry about that.

StarStruck
02-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Plus Drew Bledsoe would be an AWESOME mentor for Vince Young, since their styles are so similar.

That's the most refreshing rumor I've heard in recent years. I don't understand why die-hard Texan fans would consider this bad news since the Texans has the right of first refusal. Aye, if he isn't needed by the Texans, then it's nice that his talents are sought after by others.

StarStruck
02-04-2006, 11:26 PM

Did someone say O-line:confused: The over-the-hill gang still would have won 11 games if two young Kickers would have done their job, lol.

Dr. Toro
02-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Vince is a great athelete but I still think he needs time. And if the Texan fans arent willing to give Carr the time what makes anyone think they will give Young the time.

Carr's been here for four years, he's had one good year and 3 awful ones. He regressed since his good year. In year 4, he quarterbacked a team that went 2-14. Blame the line or the coaching or the weapons, but them's the facts.

VY going to Dallas would be worse than Tennesee.

LoneStarState
02-04-2006, 11:47 PM
I would love to see VY go to Bill Parcells and say "I don't like your offense, let me do my own thing." That would fly like a lead balloon...

Ihategeeks
02-05-2006, 10:06 AM
I would love to see VY go to Bill Parcells and say "I don't like your offense, let me do my own thing." That would fly like a lead balloon...

Made the playoffs with Quincy Carter.
Enough Said.

DFAN
02-05-2006, 12:44 PM

Vince wouldnt start his 1st year in Dallas anyways and BP will be gone after this year and if not for sure after next year. IF this was to happen it would be JJ pulling the trigger on the deal not BP.

DFAN
02-05-2006, 12:47 PM

Jerry Jones is not a smart football guy. But he is a brilliant business man when it comes to making money for his franchise. He understands what it'd mean to the Cowboys organization to have a home state legend QBing the team.

Alas, I don't see it happening. Dallas would have to give up too much for it to even be considered. If they were picking in the top 10, maybe. But not from the 18th spot.

I dont see this happening either for the same reason. As far as the break up of BP and JJ it wouldnt really matter. BP is gone after this season anyways . For sure after the 2007 season.

WWJD
02-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Bill just signed an extension but I think the prevailing theory is that he has one more year possibly two to coach and then he's done.

If Jerry can do this he will. He's the ultimate PR guy. He knows Vince would draw a huge new fanbase even if he's just clipboard carrying.

The Dream
02-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Well being a Cowboys fan (sorry but I am), it wouldn't be all that bad to me....but I'd still rather see Vince in a Texans uniform.

YellerLotYeller
02-05-2006, 02:05 PM
I say we trade our #1 pick to Dallas for all their best players and draft picks :P

They dont have enough.

DFAN
02-05-2006, 03:12 PM
They dont have enough.

Come on now. If the Boys gave the Texans Roy, Newman, Jones, Witten, Ware, James, Spears, Adams, and throw in a few old times like Allen and Glover. You wouldnt do it?

4th&inches
02-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Why all the hate for another Texas team? lol I'm a Texas team fan so for me if VY went to the Cowboys or to the Texans I would be happy just to keep a player of his talent in Texas as it should be! I just dont see what or who the cowboys will give to get the #2 pick....I think that other teams would have more to offer but I hope VY stays in Texas!

cuppacoffee
02-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Everyone missed the most obvious answer. Playing for the Texans. The guy is super hype reincarnated. He won't be a successful NFL quarterback, and I look forward to the day I can rub all your noses in that fact :) Now bash away homers, I like knowing who I can put on IGNORE! LOL

Yeah! What he said.... :D

cuppacoffee
02-07-2006, 08:51 PM

Yeah! What she said too. :D

Broken Record
02-10-2006, 02:49 PM
As a graduate of the other UT, the University of Tennessee, and a Titans fan, I’ve been reading the “where will Vince Young go?” threads with interest and a certain feeling of déjà vu.

I grew up in Knoxville, Tennessee and have lived my whole life there. Peyton Manning, in this city, has a similar status to what I envision Vince Young’s is like in Austin.

I was a Manning fan during his college days, but I’ve always been more of an NFL fan. When Manning was drafted, I immediately saw lots of Colts blue around town. It was the same with Shuler when he signed with the Redskins. Local TV affiliates even carried Redskins games here for a while. In fact, there are probably some local yokels around who still have Redskins gear tucked away in the back of their closets.

At first, Manning’s Colts were in the AFC East and the Titans were in the Central, so a lot of folks here rooted for both teams. A lot of folks still root for both teams even now that they are divisional rivals (which makes absolutely no sense to me).

My argument against rooting for the Colts in Knoxville echoes much of what I’ve read on this board. Why root for a player not on your home team? Not only that, but a player who is in a position to do a great deal of damage to your home team with two divisional games every year. What happens when he retires? Are you still going to be a Colts fan? Are you going to bandwagon jump to whatever team drafts your next NCAA superstar?

So when a lot of this came to a head was the playoff game in 1999. The Titans had just pulled off the Music City Miracle game against Buffalo and were headed to Indy to face Manning. The city was pretty well split. That single game did quite a bit for the Titans reputation in Knoxville. It was a turning point.

I still see a lot of Colts gear around here, but it all depends on who is winning. Last season, you saw a lot of Manning jerseys, but up until 2003 (when the Titans were on their streak), you saw more McNair stuff. I’m sure it will go back and forth until Manning retires. After that, the Colts blue will disappear.

It all boils down to this… are you going to be a fan of a team or a player? In this age of free agency, salary cap, off the field scandals and career ending injuries, it just doesn’t hold water to be a player guy.

Let me say that while there are a lot of similarities to the McNair/Manning and Carr/Young situations there are some differences. When Manning graduated, McNair wasn’t questioned in Tennessee. The fan base was pretty well sold on him. From what I see here, many Houston fans question whether Carr will ever be an MVP type player. In addition, the Titans weren’t in a position to be able to draft Manning even if they wanted to. They would’ve had to sell the farm to move up that much in the draft.

At any rate, I just wanted to share that experience of what it’s like to live in a city divided. The real fans stay with the home team. If Vince Young goes to another franchise, when you are spending your Sunday afternoons at Reliant over the next few years, you won’t have to wonder who the real fans are. They’ll be the folks sitting next to you.

powerfuldragon
02-10-2006, 04:35 PM
What's worse than V. Young playing for the Tennessee Titans???

Vince playing for the cowboys.

Broken Record
02-10-2006, 04:40 PM
I was living in Nashville during the Music City Miracle playoff game and went to a ton of games in that time period (my employer provided tickets and I did a little tailgating over by the bridge underpass... oh yeah!). I saw a bit of Manning gear from the UT crowd but I saw tons and tons of Mac9 and Eddie George gear...much much more than the small segment of Manning UT faithful wore around town. I lived in Goodlettsville btw.

That's a great tailgating spot! Yeah, you are right, in Nashville the Peyton frenzy wasn't/isn't nearly as bad as over here in Knoxville.

Khari
02-10-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm sure of that...Knoxville's UT fans are just like the UTexas fans here. Very vocal and very proud...and very visible everywhere.

:spy: going home to put on my aggies shirt

Broken Record
02-10-2006, 05:32 PM
So that leads to this question, how does the Knoxville/Nashville relationship compare to the Austin/Houston one?

In Nashville, you see more Vols fans than the hometown Commodores, but it's not like Knoxville which is pretty much "All Vol."

jerek
02-10-2006, 05:44 PM
That would be awesome, though I would hesitate to label this "news" as anything but pure speculation at this point.

The only thing sweeter than pounding Vince's team twice a year would be doing it this year when we play the Cowgirls. Or more appropriately, watching his fan club cry when we do.

Not anti-UT or anti-Vince, just sick of hearing about how the guy can walk on water.

Texan Asylum
02-10-2006, 06:15 PM
So, if you think that Vince Young playing for the Tennessee Titans would be bad, how about Vince Young playing for the Dallas Cowboys?

This sounds exactly like the kind of thing that the Dallas Cowboys would make a strong push for...
And sadly, the Texans will probably lose a lot of fans if this happens

Are they REAL Texans fans if that happens?

Time to CULL the herd Boys!

HoustonFan
02-10-2006, 08:55 PM
In a matter of days it was painfully apparent that there are many band wagon fans in this great city of Houston. Not saying that Houston fans were not rooting for VY and the Longhorns. But at the last home game of the season against the Jags, it wasn't Vince they were chanting at Reliant. it was Reggie.

They called the game vs. the 49ers the Bush Bowl not the VY Bowl. The guy has a phenomenal performace against the guy most were pulling for in the championship now all of a sudden the Bush bandwagon is damn near abandoned. Which goes to show that even if the guy you are pulling for has a bad day, folks are quick to turn on him. Such is life as a fan, I guess.

Whatever the Texans decide, I just hope that it gets them in the right direction. I'm just happy football is back in Houston. I think they'll do what the Oilers never did - 2 things actually. Win the AFC and win a Superbowl. GO TEXANS!!!

Loved your post, B. Record.

FirstTexansFan
02-10-2006, 09:06 PM
he is the michael jordan in cleats.

He's Michael alright, just not the one you chose. Try VICK, and we can see where that train leads. A QB that can't grasp conventional NFL pro style offenses is not what this team needs or requires. Not saying he can't learn, but I'm in no mood for a 2yr learning curve. And again, I reinterate, I don't propose drafting Bush in his place. We need an offensive line, trade down, get what we need to solidify this team, not a rebuilding and a hoped for chance in the future of winning.

txlonghorn14
02-10-2006, 10:28 PM
if vince young goes to the cowboys and performs well, he will become one of the biggest football stars to ever take the field on one of football's most storied franchises. this will lead to the houston texans shooting themselves in the foot while watching reggie bush get hit for negative yards. :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

kbourda
02-11-2006, 01:54 AM
He's Michael alright, just not the one you chose. Try VICK, and we can see where that train leads. A QB that can't grasp conventional NFL pro style offenses is not what this team needs or requires. Not saying he can't learn, but I'm in no mood for a 2yr learning curve. And again, I reinterate, I don't propose drafting Bush in his place. We need an offensive line, trade down, get what we need to solidify this team, not a rebuilding and a hoped for chance in the future of winning.

Say what you will about Vick but he has accomplished a hell of alot more than Carr has.

tulexan
02-11-2006, 02:21 AM
Vick also has had one of the best TE's in the league, one of the best defenses in the league, and one of the best OL's in the league. Carr has no TE, the worst defense in the league, and the worst OL in the league. But he still managed to have a better QB rating than Vick.

Texan Asylum
02-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum
Are they REAL Texans fans if that happens?

Time to CULL the herd Boys!

Bamboo
Rookie says...

if you are an aggie, than i truly judge your loyalty in being a Texans fan by not wanting Vince Young take his hometown team to greater heights than carr has done.

Sorry, not an Aggie. Never even went to College. Grew up TELLING Aggie jokes...no offence to any Aggies present. In fact I don't even root for college football just college basketball and that would be KU Jayhawks. That point be stated...
I didn't have to go to ANY college to show ANY loyalty for ANY PROFESSIONAL team.

That's all I take issue with, the rest is covered by various other posts I've written in the past. No sense in repeating them.

Txn_in_FL
02-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Ya know, I could give a rat's *** what the Cowboys do. If they get VY, good for them. At least we don't have to deal with him twice per year. If people want to bail on the Texans to be Cowboy fans, have at it.

For as bad as the Texans were this past year, whenever I went to watch a game I had my Texans gear on. Not once did I get a bad comment, it was always people saying that they were impressed by Carr and DD and that they didn't understand why they didn't focus on the OL.

Our team is very close and I think this coaching change is going to make a LARGE difference in the way this team operates. I'll be sure to mark all the bandwagon fan's posts so that we can dicuss your change of heart next December. When you fairweather guys are hooting and hollering about how great they did, the fans that stuck around can wonder where all these fans came from.

I am so SICK and freaking tired of all the Vince Young fluffers on this board. If you want to say something intelligent that's great. But cut all the crap about how the seas will run red with blood if someone else drafts him.

You sound like frick'n 12 year olds.

:brickwall

edo783
02-11-2006, 11:00 AM
You sound like frick'n 12 year olds.:brickwall

I think that may be because a LOT of them are, if not 12 (I think a bunch of them are close), then under 20 and very imature.

Texan Asylum
02-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey, would ya buy me some beer mister?

DomDavis
02-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Some of you will fall for anything.

The Cowboys aren't getting Vince Young. They don't have the assets. Even in the often mentioned Ricky Williams trade where the Saints traded their entire draft, the move back was only from 5 to 7... not from 2 to way, way back wherever Dallas is.

This is Jerry Jones' PR machine at work. Even though he knows he can't get Vince Young, he leaks the story that he's trying everything he can to do it so his local fans will talk up the team, be pleased that he's trying to improve it and thus generate more interest. It's a good move by Jerry... unfortunately, too many people (including some of you) actually buy it. One of us has a better shot at winning the lottery than Dallas does at having Vince Young on its roster.

edo783
02-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Im 42 next month.

OK Vinny, that make you their chaparone!:redtowel:

OzzO
02-11-2006, 02:14 PM
I think one of the better thoughts was mentioned on 610 the other day. It's not a "all or nothing" thing.

It's actually possible that VY goes to another team and succeeds and the Texans succeed at the same time without him. 31 teams out there will compete w/o Vince and the odds are pretty good that a good percentage will win w/o him.

So, what's worse than VY going to the Titans? Bud returning to be an owner of a Houston NFL franchise.... or waiting for the whining to die down after Vince does go to the titans.... or having the coaching staff of 2004-05 come back to the Texans... or waiting about 6 months for football to start back up...

DFAN
02-12-2006, 07:04 AM
Say what you will about Vick but he has accomplished a hell of alot more than Carr has.

The past 4 years the Falcons have went to the playoffs twice and one of them times was the NFC Championship game. But he didnt come into a new franchise like Carr and he got to ride the pine for a year as well.

As far as their passing #'s, there really isnt that much of a difference. Of course there is in the rushing #'s. But you still have to be able to pass in this league and Vick hasnt proven that. This isnt a bias becasue I'm a Cowboy fan but I would take Carr over Vick.

axman40
02-12-2006, 09:46 AM
I am 44 and would use our #1 pick to draft VY because long term ,I think The Texans would be a true Superbowl contender with him.After 4 years with Carr , I see no fire there to think he will lead The Texans to the Super Bowl.That's the way I see it.
I do not hate Carr and can only hope for the best for him.I do not think VY will take any team to the Super Bowl next year but in 2-3 years IMO ,he will be awesome !
If The Texans draft Bush I am ok with that, trading down to pick up draft picks is fine with me . I just do not think The Texans will solve all of thier weakness with one draft and some of those USC lineman coming out next year would be nice to have.
In the words of Johnny Storm FLAME ON!

:stirpot:

Txn_in_FL
02-12-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm sure of that...Knoxville's UT fans are just like the UTexas fans here. Very vocal and very proud...and very visible everywhere.

I'm trying to remember what year it was but UT with Manning were playing (Nat Championship?)and we were passing through the area on a trip. Holy crap, everything was orange, every car had a flag, every store had a flag. Was amazing to me, I've never been up to Austin so I don't know how it is there but geez, those people were insane.

axman40
02-12-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm trying to remember what year it was but UT with Manning were playing (Nat Championship?)and we were passing through the area on a trip. Holy crap, everything was orange, every car had a flag, every store had a flag. Was amazing to me, I've never been up to Austin so I don't know how it is there but geez, those people were insane.
Yes there are still a lot of orange flags flying and some still have the final score on the windows !Hook Em!

:redtowel:

kbourda
02-13-2006, 10:34 AM
The past 4 years the Falcons have went to the playoffs twice and one of them times was the NFC Championship game. But he didnt come into a new franchise like Carr and he got to ride the pine for a year as well.

As far as their passing #'s, there really isnt that much of a difference. Of course there is in the rushing #'s. But you still have to be able to pass in this league and Vick hasnt proven that. This isnt a bias becasue I'm a Cowboy fan but I would take Carr over Vick.

Mindblowing. Absolutely speechless.

DFAN
02-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Mindblowing. Absolutely speechless.

LOL!! Sorry. I just look at thier #'s and there really isnt a difference. There QB rating is pretty much the same. There are only 2 things that seperate them and that is Vicks rushing #'s and Carrs sack totals.

When a QB gets sacked 76, 49 and 68 times 3 of his first 4 yrs, I just dont think you can judge him fairly. You dont go out get a QB that can run because the OL cant do there job. You fix the OL.

TexanBacker93
02-13-2006, 12:53 PM
As far as being a QB, Carr and Vick aren't that far apart.Vick is a phenomenal talent, but also has a lot of pieces around him. He didn't take the Falcons to the NFC Championship game alone. It takes a complete team to succeed.
Vick is a better runner, but David has been in the top 3 in rushing for a QB each season I believe. I'd have to double check, but it's pretty close. That's better than average. He has a more accurate arm than Vick. I don't think his decision making is wonderful, but there's always hope.

What's worse than Young going to Tennessee? McNair selling the team to LA investors and them moving to California. That's one thing. Never having a winning team, regardless of the QB. That's another thing. I could care less if Young is in Tennessee or New Orleans or Dallas or New York. If the Texans win does it really matter?

Which would you rather have:

a)Young being one of the greatest ever for another team, while the Texans become a model of consistancy and excellence while winning a couple of Super Bowl titles.
b)Young becomes one of the best for the Texans and leads them to the same place.
c)Young stays in Houston and they become a middle of the pack team. Never really doing much more than getting into the playoffs every few years.
d)Young goes somewhere else and succeeds or fails while the Texans stay at the rear of the class.

Personally, I would take a or b. I don't care how they get there as long as they win.

thunderkyss
02-13-2006, 02:57 PM
When a QB gets sacked 76, 49 and 68 times 3 of his first 4 yrs, I just dont think you can judge him fairly. You dont go out get a QB that can run because the OL cant do there job. You fix the OL.

I get what you are saying, and I'm not arguing with you. But I want to point out, that many of us understand the line break downs, and the effect of no protection. But I want to point out, that not many of us "we can do better than Carr" folks didn't expect David Carr to win the SuperBowl, or to get voted to the ProBowl.... But we did expect him to play better than he did, and if what he did, was the best he could do in his situation, then I ( and many others) think it is time to move on. For me in particular, I think David is as good as 80% of the QBs in the League. I just think Vince will be better than 80% of the QBs in the league. Pretty much the same way, I knew Peyton would be better than 80%.

FirstTexansFan
02-13-2006, 03:31 PM
I just think Vince will be better than 80% of the QBs in the league.

Seriously? Based on what? I'd like any of you VY guys to answer that, you can't prove it with stats, you can't prove it with the offense he ran at Texas. All I get is "He is a winner", "He's a leader", but again, these are nothing more than opinions, and most based on a blind eye to anything wearing burnt orange. You guys enlighten my dumb butt, and if you can do so, I'll jump on your bandwagon, and scream at the top of my lungs to draft this guy. See, I don't care where he went to school, I care that he's super hype, with no substance. No offense to my tsip'n brethren, but this guy wouldn't make a pimple on a real quarterbacks rear. Now, he has as much potential as any other draft pick, but that has to translate into something we can use TODAY, not 2yrs from now. Now, I'm waiting on an intelligent response, flamers are placed on ignore :)

kbourda
02-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Seriously? Based on what? I'd like any of you VY guys to answer that, you can't prove it with stats, you can't prove it with the offense he ran at Texas. All I get is "He is a winner", "He's a leader", but again, these are nothing more than opinions, and most based on a blind eye to anything wearing burnt orange. You guys enlighten my dumb butt, and if you can do so, I'll jump on your bandwagon, and scream at the top of my lungs to draft this guy. See, I don't care where he went to school, I care that he's super hype, with no substance. No offense to my tsip'n brethren, but this guy wouldn't make a pimple on a real quarterbacks rear. Now, he has as much potential as any other draft pick, but that has to translate into something we can use TODAY, not 2yrs from now. Now, I'm waiting on an intelligent response, flamers are placed on ignore :)

Well, if winning and his stats aren't good enough for you, then I guess he will be "super hype, with no substance". That's all that any prospect has coming out of college. So now Young gets placed on a higher bar? I get it.

SESupergenius
02-13-2006, 03:58 PM
You can't dismiss what Young did for his team last season. Just open up 1 eye and you can tell that he had a phenominal year. The trick is how to convert that into the NFL. Carr had a phenominal year his last year in college, and most everyone wanted to select him. There are several factors in not selecting Young that drives me to want to trade down. One is the salary cap hit that #1 selected QB's get, to have 2 #1 selections on the same team isn't very smart capswise that is. The other is that it's still early in the game and we have plenty of times to field offers from other teams to trade down, you never know how desperate a team will become after March when players are resigned and let go.

It wouldn't bother me if we selected VY, but it would bother me if we had both QB's. It would bother me more if we dumped Carr and ate the bonus, while getting nothing in return, and then Carr lights it up with another team.

axman40
02-13-2006, 05:43 PM

I base my opinion on watching a lot of football since the early 70's . Some of the scouts say they have never seen a talent like VY , IMO they are wrong.I have seen VY before in Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, and John Elway. Doug Flutie would have been VY if was 6' 5" instead of 5'6" but hey that is just my opinion and I am sticking to it. I will enjoy watching VY where ever he goes!

SESupergenius
02-13-2006, 06:26 PM
I base my opinion on watching a lot of football since the early 70's . Some of the scouts say they have never seen a talent like VY , IMO they are wrong.I have seen VY before in Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, and John Elway. Doug Flutie would have been VY if was 6' 5" instead of 5'6" but hey that is just my opinion and I am sticking to it. I will enjoy watching VY where ever he goes!
In the last few years however there has been a big marketing machine in players before the draft. Gallery was pretty hyped up, so was Suggs. The draft is still a crap shoot.

DFAN
02-13-2006, 07:24 PM
In the last few years however there has been a big marketing machine in players before the draft. Gallery was pretty hyped up, so was Suggs. The draft is still a crap shoot.

OT a little bit but what is up with your avatar

FirstTexansFan
02-13-2006, 08:54 PM
I've watched and participated in football since the 60's, but I don't proclaim to be an expert. If I was, I'd be employed by the NFL right now :) I saw Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, John Elway and Doug Flutie, and sorry, in my expert opinion <seeing as watching makes me one> Young isn't even in the same class. Those are Hall of Fame, not shame QB's....but good luck in watching VY wherever he may go. I'm sure in 2 or 3yrs you'll get to see him play :)

DFAN
02-13-2006, 10:00 PM
I get what you are saying, and I'm not arguing with you. But I want to point out, that many of us understand the line break downs, and the effect of no protection. But I want to point out, that not many of us "we can do better than Carr" folks didn't expect David Carr to win the SuperBowl, or to get voted to the ProBowl.... But we did expect him to play better than he did, and if what he did, was the best he could do in his situation, then I ( and many others) think it is time to move on. For me in particular, I think David is as good as 80% of the QBs in the League. I just think Vince will be better than 80% of the QBs in the league. Pretty much the same way, I knew Peyton would be better than 80%.

I'm not sure what QB would do any better considering the situation.

As far as Manning goes. I agree he's better than 80% of the QB's. In the regular season though. Dont do you any good to light it up in the regular season and choke it away in the playoffs. He has no excuse. Top 5 OL. Top 5 RB. The best WR's/TE combo in the NFL. Top 10 D.

Actually Manning was a good example this year in the playoffs of what happens when you dont get protection. Manning looked a little like Carr out there when they played Pitt. SD did the same thing to him.

It starts up front. When the QB is averging 52 sacks a year, I just dont see how anyone can judge him fairly. That 52 avg is including the 2003 when he played in 12 games and got sacked 15 times. Which is great. Take that year out the avg goes up to 64.

I know a lot of people blame him for some of the sacks but blame him for 20 and he still got sacked 48 times last year which is still horrible.

Again I'm a Cowboy fan so I dont have a agenda here. Actually I cant stand the Texans so my opinon is far from bias in this matter. I love the fact that the Texans went 2-14 and I get to here all the crying on 610 and 790. I just dont think getting rid of Carr will help.

BradK10
02-13-2006, 10:05 PM
just in reponse to the thread title

- Vince Young playing for the Texans and sucking

thunderkyss
02-15-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure what QB would do any better considering the situation.

Let's say we've got an offense, that is similar to Denver's. Let's look at the other like Denver offensive teams, and see what kind of QB they have.

First is Jake Plummer..... he plays for Denver.... many folks want to compare him to David Carr...... but Jake's accuracy is better when he is on the move. Carr looks for the first down marker, or the sideline..... little else. So we don't really know how accurate he is on the move.

Atlanta...... Michael Vick...... mobile..... Dynamic..... playmaker.

Washington.... Brunnels... another mobile, playmaker. works well outside the pocket.

Kansas City....... Trent Green....... It may not be a popular opinion, but I think they are Denver like. Carr is probably more like Green, than any other QB in the league. Trent is succesful, but he also has the best line in the NFL.

Frills
02-15-2006, 11:58 AM
let the pokes suck longer

Jones also made the Q. Carter pick

Yankee_In_TX
02-15-2006, 12:06 PM

All the bandwagon Vince Young fans?

And sadly, the Texans will probably lose a lot of fans if this happens :(

I'm sorry, you, like all my UT friends, must be getting 'Vince' fans mixed up with 'Texans' fans. You can't lose fans you never had.

SESupergenius
02-15-2006, 12:31 PM
OT a little bit but what is up with your avatar
Just a little rant on Black History month and a discussion on X. I need to change it though.

SESupergenius
02-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Carr is nothing like Green. Carr has a much bigger arm and is much more mobile. Green is a better decision maker and is much more accurate. The only thing they may have in common is their faith and their late blooming (hopefully for Carr)
I think Carr is very accurate, if anything is that he has happy-feet, but that can be coached, as Plummer used to take off often when he was with the Cards. Ironically they had a pretty weak line as well. A big arm can not.

DFAN
02-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Let's say we've got an offense, that is similar to Denver's. Let's look at the other like Denver offensive teams, and see what kind of QB they have.

First is Jake Plummer..... he plays for Denver.... many folks want to compare him to David Carr...... but Jake's accuracy is better when he is on the move. Carr looks for the first down marker, or the sideline..... little else. So we don't really know how accurate he is on the move.

Atlanta...... Michael Vick...... mobile..... Dynamic..... playmaker.

Washington.... Brunnels... another mobile, playmaker. works well outside the pocket.

Kansas City....... Trent Green....... It may not be a popular opinion, but I think they are Denver like. Carr is probably more like Green, than any other QB in the league. Trent is succesful, but he also has the best line in the NFL.

As far as Plummer goes, yes he is better on the move. But most of the time it is a design roll out. There is a differnce between a design roll out and protection braking down and your running for your life. Hell, for some reason the Cowboys run a design roll out with Bledsoe where he throws to Key. I hated it but for the 1st half of the season it worked until teams picked up on it. I still never saw what was so hard to pick up on. It's Drew freakin Bledsoe rolling out. Not much he's going to do rolling out. Wash runs a lot of roll outs as well. Vick, well I just dont see it in him. A great athelete and a avg at best QB.

rocka21
02-15-2006, 06:18 PM

Spoken like a true AGGIE!

when we start winning...........LOL i needed that laugh.......

Vince is a winner....... he has the roses to prove it.

AS for your Houston "AGGIE" Texans........... LOL..... still Laughing!!!

mancunian
02-17-2006, 08:25 AM
What's worse than Vince Young playing for the Tennessee Titans? :(

:hmmm: Reggie Bush playing of for the Titans. :neener:

lol:

BlueThunder
02-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Dallas has something to trade.Sean Payton Has strong ties to the College QB Tony Romo was drafted from.I think he had a lot to do with picking up this guy as an UDFA.The fact that Tony has been working in Payton's offense 4 years and was said to be ready to start last year gives Sean a head start on putting his offense into motion.Then there is also TE Dan Campbell a leader in the offense that could help instantly on Paytons play action and blitz pickup.
QB Tony Romo
----#18 and a first next year or

That would give the Saints plenty of fire power to do what they need in the draft.Not only that but a multipule trade could take place!

This trade doesn't look like much but #18 can easily be moved out for a multude of picks..#18 to 20 is one of the hottest picks in the draft.

Before Saints
No QB
After
QB Tony Romo
TE Dan Campbell

I'd do for the coach that gave me a second chance

Cheroqui
02-20-2006, 04:28 AM

I'm not going anywhere :highfive:

Texans_Chick
02-20-2006, 09:51 AM
I think it would be great for VY to go to Dallas, hell of a lot better than the Titans. But a lot of you no-lifes have this illogical hatred of Dallas. The hatred is so brain-numbing that you would rather have VY go to a 'real rival' than some self-perceived rivalry with the Cowboys. OMG you are the Houston fans that give us a bad name.
but im sure most Texans fans with some inferiority complex will turn that ranking upside down. playing a team every 4 years IS NOT a rivalry.

Both the Titanhicks and Cryboys make me puke. (Do we have a projectile vomit emoticon?)

It is not an illogical hatred. If you are someone in Texas, who has always loved the Houston team, but have been surrounded by loudmouth obnoxious bandwagon Cryboy fans, you'd hate em too. Your post proves my point.

The Cowpukes are only America's Team to the extent that it is the team that most upstanding American patriots, not just in Houston, but across the country, love to hate because their fanbase, as a group, is a class one A irritant.

Cryboy fans who live outside the Dallas area are generally speaking the most annoying, bandwagony human beings on the face of the planet. It is innate--almost like a secret handshake. ("Are you an irritating human being??? Great, join our fanbase.") The only Cryboy fans outside the Dallas area that aren't completely irritating are the ones who recognize how irritating that most Cowturd fans generally are.

If Phyllis Diller Jones gets VY, the level of obnoxiousness would instantly increase. AND if VY was successful with the Cryboys, the level of irritation and blathering fatheadness of the Cowpuke fans would reach such a crescendo that might send the great state of Texas to sink into the gulf.

In other words, it would be really bad. (Unless, of course, you have investments in beachfront property in Oklahoma.)

:texflag:

FirstTexansFan
02-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Well, someone finally described a cowboy fan to my satisfaction, good job :) I invite any self respecting Texan fan to come spend a few days in my shoes. I'm surrounded by these tards daily, my only enjoyment is knowing deep down inside they have the worst owner in the NFL, followed by the second worst fanbase. The Steelers fans are still my #1 on the tardslist parade. As for them getting VY? Sorry, disagree with ya on that one, but why ruin a good post with negativity? :)

Texans_Chick
02-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Well, someone finally described a cowboy fan to my satisfaction, good job :) I invite any self respecting Texan fan to come spend a few days in my shoes. I'm surrounded by these tards daily, my only enjoyment is knowing deep down inside they have the worst owner in the NFL, followed by the second worst fanbase. The Steelers fans are still my #1 on the tardslist parade. As for them getting VY? Sorry, disagree with ya on that one, but why ruin a good post with negativity? :)

Thank you.

As for the VY aspect of it, whether in February 2006, you think VY could be a good NFL player or not, the fact remains that if the Cowturds draft him, the amount of obnoxiousness that their fanbase will extrude will be ear busting. It puts a sour look on my face just thinking about it.

If you are someone who doesn't care for VY, and don't like listening to the Texans-VY hype now, just wait and see what the hype machiine would be like if he is drafted by that Michael Jackson wannabe to the north. (where's the atrocious plastic surgery with the never closed mouth emoticon when you need it?) It would make the current hype sound like nothing.

AND you would have to hear the hype for years as the Next Great Thing, because of the time it takes for QBs to develop and Cryboys talking about it.

AND THEN, as far as my hypothetical went, imagine a successful VY dressed in Cryboy colors. If he were to have NFL success, in the Big Dump, I am telling you the fumes of those bandwagoners' obnoxiousness would exceed toxic levels and would be dangerous to most all human, animal, and plant life (Sheep already have to be nervous around most Cryboy fans, but the new levels of obnoxiousness would threaten the rest of us). It would melt the glaciers and deplete the ozone layer.

Only Jerry Jones, Cowturd fans and cockroaches would survive. I am guessing they would have a nice party together.

So, to sum up, my post was not meant as pro or anti VY, but just as a factual description of how Cryboy fans would likely act if VY became one of their evil coven. You see enough of their fanbase, and well, it becomes easy to predict how they will act. Obnoxiously. They are always obnoxious, but their level of obnoxiousness has different levels, kinda like the homeland security threat level stuff.

RED THREAT CONDITION - We have no exact word for this because it is so obnoxious as hell. The French have words for this that sorta come close. (odieux, nauséabond, exécrable) Basically this threat condition results in the end of civilization as we know it.
ORANGE THREAT CONDITION - Obnoxious
YELLOW THREAT CONDITION - Annoying
BLUE THREAT CONDITION - Windbaggy
GREEN THREAT CONDITION - Unpleasant (This happens when the Cryboys are playing really poorly and the bandwagon has a couple wheels in the ditch. It is accompanied by whiney defensive discussions of how many rings "they" have. Sometimes Landry's name will be used at this threat condition in attempt to show that they have some class.)

Anyhow, I will chose not to think of the threat levels, and think of happy thoughts.

mancunian
02-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Both the Titanhicks and Cryboys make me puke. (Do we have a projectile vomit emoticon?)

It is not an illogical hatred. If you are someone in Texas, who has always loved the Houston team, but have been surrounded by loudmouth obnoxious bandwagon Cryboy fans, you'd hate em too. Your post proves my point.

The Cowpukes are only America's Team to the extent that it is the team that most upstanding American patriots, not just in Houston, but across the country, love to hate because their fanbase, as a group, is a class one A irritant.

Cryboy fans who live outside the Dallas area are generally speaking the most annoying, bandwagony human beings on the face of the planet. It is innate--almost like a secret handshake. ("Are you an irritating human being??? Great, join our fanbase.") The only Cryboy fans outside the Dallas area that aren't completely irritating are the ones who recognize how irritating that most Cowturd fans generally are.

If Phyllis Diller Jones gets VY, the level of obnoxiousness would instantly increase. AND if VY was successful with the Cryboys, the level of irritation and blathering fatheadness of the Cowpuke fans would reach such a crescendo that might send the great state of Texas to sink into the gulf.

In other words, it would be really bad. (Unless, of course, you have investments in beachfront property in Oklahoma.)

You knowI'm not even from the states and I can't stand the crygirls either, and I disliked them before being a Texans fan.