PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak on Sports Sunday

Sportsfan
01-29-2006, 06:58 PM
For those that didn't know and a reminder to everyone else, Kubiak will be on Sports Sunday doing a one-on-one interview w/Randy McIlvoy.
Hopefully its a long one w/some good info for the fans.

Cheers

dat_boy_yec
01-29-2006, 07:11 PM
When, what time, and what channel.

houstonhurricane
01-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Is that local Fox around 9:50?

texanfan2002114
01-29-2006, 07:26 PM
channel 2 around 10:20 pm

houstonhurricane
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
thanks. I can never remember the local sport's show names...

dat_boy_yec
01-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Thanx.

AustinJB
01-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Can someone please post the main points for all of us out-of-towners?

Sportsfan
01-29-2006, 07:40 PM
channel 2 around 10:20 pm

Yep, thats it. Sorry for not stating that to begin with. Forgot about all the out-of-towners.

AustinJB
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Yep, thats it. Sorry for not stating that to begin with. Forgot about all the out-of-towners.

Thank you!:)

Mario Williams
01-29-2006, 10:46 PM
He praised Carr a whole bunch. Said he'll surround him with "talent". Sounds like Bush or trading down.

YellerLotYeller
01-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Can someone please post the main points for all of us out-of-towners?

The following is a brief paraphrase of his interview.

*Starts off with Kubiak saying "Happy to be home in Houston"

*Then he discusses getting coaching staff together. No details or names.

*Comments on Carr - "Great athlete, tough kid, build around him. Make him succesful."

*1st message to team - "Forget 2-14...new system all together with high expectations."

Short interview. No big surprises.

Lucky
01-29-2006, 10:49 PM
"Forget 2-14..."
I'm taking Gary's advice.

travfrancis
01-29-2006, 10:57 PM
"*Comments on Carr - "Great athlete, tough kid, build around him. Make him succesful.""

how did he phrase that exactly? the build around him part, did he "we are going to build around him"?

powerfuldragon
01-29-2006, 11:01 PM
got some valuable insights on his sisters.

Runner
01-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Players have to believe that

Some already do.

Mario Williams
01-29-2006, 11:02 PM
"*Comments on Carr - "Great athlete, tough kid, build around him. Make him succesful.""

how did he phrase that exactly? the build around him part, did he "we are going to build around him"?

thats what he said.

Big B Texan Fan
01-29-2006, 11:03 PM
He was never asked about the draft nor did he comment on it.

A few minutes later they showed VY at Tx Childrens Hospital on a 3+ hour visit. Compelling stuff since he isn't even on a team yet and isn't being asked/obligated to visits like that.

BradK10
01-29-2006, 11:05 PM
He was never asked about the draft nor did he comment on it.

A few minutes later they showed VY at Tx Childrens Hospital on a 3+ hour visit. Compelling stuff since he isn't even on a team yet and isn't being asked/obligated to visits like that.

sure his agent recommended it...don't be fooled

powerfuldragon
01-29-2006, 11:08 PM
it sucks that we live in a time that we have to doubt the motives of a charitable celebrity.

BradK10
01-29-2006, 11:12 PM
it sucks that we live in a time that we have to doubt the motives of a charitable celebrity.

agreed, but see Sean Penn during Katrina

Jack Bauer
01-29-2006, 11:12 PM

I know VY has a good heart. You can tell just by listening to him speak. Even though I am not in the camp of drafting him, I respect him VERY much. He is a very good person and I wish him the best, except the days he plays us if we do not draft him. :)

awtysst
01-29-2006, 11:13 PM

I hate to say it but there is no such thing as a charitable act. Think about it. If you do volunteer work, why do you do it? If you are a student, you could be padding the ol resume, you could be trying to gain expierence, or looking to network. These are all gains you get from volunteer work. Another explanation might be that it makes you feel good. Well, that is also a gain.

In the same idea, there is no such thing as charitable work. In all cases, the person doing it is getting something out of it. Was it nice to see Vince Young going to the hoispital: sure, but it wasnt charitable, since no act is TRULY Charitable.

Jack Bauer
01-29-2006, 11:15 PM
I hate to say it but there is no such thing as a charitable act. Think about it. If you do volunteer work, why do you do it? If you are a student, you could be padding the ol resume, you could be trying to gain expierence, or looking to network. These are all gains you get from volunteer work. Another explanation might be that it makes you feel good. Well, that is also a gain.

In the same idea, there is no such thing as charitable work. In all cases, the person doing it is getting something out of it. Was it nice to see Vince Young going to the hoispital: sure, but it wasnt charitable, since no act is TRULY Charitable.

I guarantee you there are a lot of things VY has done and you haven't seen it on TV. There is a lot of good-hearted humans who do things simply because they have a generous heart. You aren't going to see things like this on TV because they do not try to attract attention to themselves.

BradK10
01-29-2006, 11:16 PM
I guarantee you there are a lot of things VY has done and you haven't seen it on TV. There is a lot of good-hearted humans who do things simply because they have a generous heart. You aren't going to see things like this on TV because they do not try to attract attention to themselves.

well good for him

but that should have no bearing on whether or not the Texans should draft him

Lucky
01-29-2006, 11:18 PM
And I thought I was the King of Cynicism. I bow down in your presence.

If Vince spends 10 minutes at the hospital, it's an appearance. If he's there for 3 hours, it's because he wants to be there. Though I'm not his biggest fan, I'll cut Sean Penn the same slack.

BradK10
01-29-2006, 11:20 PM

If Vince spends 10 minutes at the hospital, it's an appearance. If he's there for 3 hours, it's because he wants to be there. Though I'm not his biggest fan, I'll cut Sean Penn the same slack.

Not to turn this into the No Sports Allowed board, but how? The guy made sure his camera crew was there. Sorry, but real charity is what you do when no one's looking.

Jack Bauer
01-29-2006, 11:20 PM
well good for him

but that should have no bearing on whether or not the Texans should draft him

Just to clarify, I actually prefer to draft Bush or trade down.

So I am just saying that we should not beat VY down just to make our point that we want someone else. Whether he is the right pick for the Texans has nothing to do with his qualities as a human being. VY is one of the best.

Big B Texan Fan
01-29-2006, 11:23 PM
sure his agent recommended it...don't be fooled
Yeah but him and his agent are good friends so there is give and take there. I'm sure his agnt doesn't even want him breathing second hand smoke at a restaurant until he signs a contract though.

I'm sure his agent and him are getting together on appearances instead of his agent telling him where to go.

Lucky
01-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Not to turn this into the No Sports Allowed board, but how? The guy made sure his camera crew was there. Sorry, but real charity is what you do when no one's looking.
I don't know what his motivation was or why he was filming. Neither do you. He was there when a lot of people weren't. Helping is helping. That should be enough.

awtysst
01-29-2006, 11:25 PM

I never once mentioned television cameras. Ask yourself this, what does it mean to be a "good hearted human"? You say he has a good heart. I never said he didnt. I simply said, that one reaosn people do things is because it makes them feel good. That is the basis for any "charitable act". The fact is, charitable means that the person giving, does not get anything in return. If that is so, then the act of getting satisfaction is something and thus negates the idea of a charitable act. THAT is what I said.

BradK10
01-29-2006, 11:27 PM
I don't know what his motivation was or why he was filming. Neither do you. He was there when a lot of people weren't. Helping is helping. That should be enough.

well, helping is helping when you have a boat that doesnt have a leak in it ;)

awtysst
01-29-2006, 11:29 PM

It does not matter how long he is there, its not a charitable act. Why was Vince Young there int he first place? Lets take the high road and sais he was there becuase he cared about the kids. Good for you Vince. Now, the fact is, when he left, he felt better. He felt better about himself and felt like he did something good for another person. And there is the problem, he gained a sense of satisfaction. Thus it cannot be chairtable, since he got something out of it.

oh, and lucky, I am not the King of Cynicism, I abdicate my crown to thee.

Jack Bauer
01-29-2006, 11:31 PM
I never once mentioned television cameras. Ask yourself this, what does it mean to be a "good hearted human"? You say he has a good heart. I never said he didnt. I simply said, that one reaosn people do things is because it makes them feel good. That is the basis for any "charitable act". The fact is, charitable means that the person giving, does not get anything in return. If that is so, then the act of getting satisfaction is something and thus negates the idea of a charitable act. THAT is what I said.

I wasn't trying to argue. Only pointing out that many people do "charitable" things without attention. Why don't you hear about them? Well...I'll leave it at that.

Big B Texan Fan
01-29-2006, 11:31 PM
It wasn't his camera crew. It was channel 2 and chanel 2 only. That sounds like someone at the hospital called someone (maybe a friend or something) that worked at 2. Funny how they were the only ones there.

BradK10
01-29-2006, 11:32 PM
It wasn't his camera crew. It was channel 2 and chanel 2 only. That sounds like someone at the hospital called someone (maybe a friend or something) that worked at 2. Funny how they were the only ones there.....NOT.

when i was discussin camera crews i was talkin about sean penn...keep up

Jack Bauer
01-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Just to clarify, this is what charitable means to me:

Generous in giving money or other help to the needy.

This is from dictionary.com and it is simple and straightforward. Pretty much how I would define the word.

What VY did would qualify under my definition. That is my two cents.

Big B Texan Fan
01-29-2006, 11:35 PM
...keep up
I'm on a lap top, these finger pad mouse thingies slow me up.

BradK10
01-29-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm on a lap top, these finger pad mouse thingies slow me up.

if you struggle with that you have the little knob thing between the G and H keys? i'm a touchpad fan myself on my laptop for work

powerfuldragon
01-29-2006, 11:38 PM

i respectfully disagree, i've done loads of volunteer work for no reason but to see the look of joy in the faces of the people i've helped. i did meals on wheels, worked the food bank, spent time at retirement homes, and took care of homeless children. i understand your argument, but i personally do not do volunteer work to wear a badge, i do it because i really want to help.

re: sean penn, the man used his clout as a celebrity to his advantage, and i'd like to shake his hand for that.

awtysst
01-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Just to clarify, this is what charitable means to me:

Generous in giving money or other help to the needy.

This is from dictionary.com and it is simple and straightforward. Pretty much how I would define the word.

What VY did would qualify under my definition. That is my two cents.

Ok. Thats fine. In my mind you described an act of kindness and a generous act. I think its a great thing he did, but in my mind charitable also means that the person giving receives no reward at the end. Thats where our definitions differ, i suppose.

Big B Texan Fan
01-29-2006, 11:43 PM
if you struggle with that you have the little knob thing between the G and H keys? i'm a touchpad fan myself on my laptop for work
Ain't got that. It's a sony viao lil' cheapy.

awtysst
01-29-2006, 11:44 PM
i respectfully disagree, i've done loads of volunteer work for no reason but to see the look of joy in the faces of the people i've helped. i did meals on wheels, worked the food bank, spent time at retirement homes, and took care of homeless children. i understand your argument, but i personally do not do volunteer work to wear a badge, i do it because i really want to help.

re: sean penn, the man used his clout as a celebrity to his advantage, and i'd like to shake his hand for that.

There. That is your reward right there. In your own words, "i've done loads of volunteer work for no reason but to see the look of joy in the faces of the people i've helped." That is your reward: the feeling of doing something good for another person. You should be proud becuase it is a wonderful thing you are doing(I actually also do quite a bit of it myself). I hope you continue to do so. My point is, you are getting somethign out of it, and that negates the idea of a charitable act. It is a generous act and a wonderful act, but not charitable in my book. Thats why I think no act is truly charitable.

Kathmandu
01-29-2006, 11:50 PM

OK ... so it makes him feel good to go see sick kids at Texas Children's Hopsital ... he gets personal satisfaction from visiting kids in the hospital ... how does that diminish the act at all?

Jack Bauer
01-29-2006, 11:51 PM
My point is, you are getting somethign out of it, and that negates the idea of a charitable act. It is a generous act and a wonderful act, but not charitable in my book. Thats why I think no act is truly charitable.

Do you mind me asking where you got that definition? By your definition, the word charitable should not even be a word because it could not possibly exist.

:brickwall I'm sorry, I just do not understand.

awtysst
01-29-2006, 11:53 PM
OK ... so it makes him feel good to go see sick kids at Texas Children's Hopsital ... he gets personal satisfaction from visiting kids in the hospital ... how does that diminish the act at all?

Nope. You misunderstood. My problem is with the word charitable. The act he did was fine. I have a problem with the idea that a charitable act can exist. People do things becuase they get something out of it. Its basic human nature. But it doesnt diminish the act. My problem is with the word, not the act.

awtysst
01-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Do you mind me asking where you got that definition? By your definition, the word charitable should not even be a word because it could not possibly exist.

YES! Now you got it! Charitable is an abstract theoretical idea. It cannot exist in the real word becuase of human nature. This is a philosophical discussion on theoretical semantics. Mods and Sportsfan, I apologize for hijacking the thread.

Jack Bauer
01-29-2006, 11:56 PM
YES! Now you got it! Charitable is an abstract theoretical idea. It cannot exist in the real word becuase of human nature.

So where do you get your definition. That is not what most people would define as charitable. I see what you mean if you get paid for it, but the emotional tie-in makes no sense to me.

Big B Texan Fan
01-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Nope. You misunderstood. My problem is with the word charitable. The act he did was fine. I have a problem with the idea that a charitable act can exist. People do things becuase they get something out of it. Its basic human nature. But it doesnt diminish the act. My problem is with the word, not the act.
Geez, and we thought the VY over Bush or vice versa was controversial. You single handedly made some Raider fan (welcome, by the way who do you like for our team VY or Bush?) become a member. I see where you are going with it but it's a hard thing to sell. Too much outside of the box thinkin'

Mr. White
01-30-2006, 12:00 AM

It's an old philosophical argument that people usually get from their prof's. Basically means if he was truly being charitable, he would have to be miserable throughout the experience and get no sort of payoff from it.

My :twocents: : the guy has shown himself to be a man of character during his time in Austin and since. Doesn't matter which camp you're in here... if you're slamming someone in the current draft debate (Carr or Young,) you're probably slamming a nice guy.

Kathmandu
01-30-2006, 12:00 AM
I understand ... I took philosophy in college. Perhaps it's technically correct, but what's the point mentioning it if not to diminish the act by saying ... "yeah but he got a personal benefit out of it."

This is my first time here ... is everyone here so technical?

awtysst
01-30-2006, 12:01 AM
So where do you get your definition. That is not what most people would define as charitable. I see what you mean if you get paid for it, but the emotional tie-in makes no sense to me.

Getting paid for something is a form of payment. Back before we had money there was the barter system where objects were exchanged for goods and services. I have simply extraploated from that point of view. I view feelign good about oneself, a reward, a payment to the self for the work put in. It is my own personal definition and part of the AWTYSST dictionary.

Jack Bauer
01-30-2006, 12:02 AM
It's an old philosophical argument that people usually get from their prof's.

Sorry, awtysst, I think philosophy classes are one of the most worthless classes offered in college. They prove that you can make an argument out of nothing at all, as we see here. That's about all they prove.

infantrycak
01-30-2006, 12:03 AM

I agree with you and at the same time by his definition we are wrong. According to the most cynical (to whom charity may not be worth while since there is no such thing) no one can have a selfless act. I'll just hope with the others like you that the benefit time we spent on Meals on Wheels and volunteering in hospitals outweighed the selfish pleasure we derived doing it.

Kathmandu
Geez, and we thought the VY over Bush or vice versa was controversial. You single handedly made some Raider fan (welcome, by the way who do you like for our team VY or Bush?) become a member. I see where you are going with it but it's a hard thing to sell. Too much outside of the box thinkin'

Thanks ... I bleed Silver & Black but Texans are my #2 ... Sorry.

To answer your question, I would prefer Bush ... but neither will be around when we pick at 6 or 7.

awtysst

To answer your question its neither. I think both of them are good guys and would be great here. However, I think the best course of action is to trade down, pick up Super Mario and extra picks.

I love outside the box thinking!

Big B Texan Fan
01-30-2006, 12:04 AM
I understand ... I took philosophy in college. Perhaps it's technically correct, but what's the point mentioning it if not to diminish the act by saying ... "yeah but he got a personal benefit out of it."

This is my first time here ... is everyone here so technical?
Yep and welcome.
If you aren't accurate with the info they'll tear you down.
I seems like alot of people think this is an auditioning site for becoming a sports writer for some fish wrap sports mag.

So, who ya like, VY or RB?

awtysst
01-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Sorry, awtysst, I think philosophy classes are one of the most worthless classes offered in college. They prove that you can make an argument out of nothing at all, as we see here. That's about all they prove.

You might think they are worthless, but to me they are some of the most useful classes you can take. Why? becuase it helps you think, analyse, and form opinion critically. It helps a person stop simply accecpting other people's opinions as fact. It makes you think critically of what your leaders say. It helps you to think and to be. And, along with humor, it is one of tenants of humanity.

Big B Texan Fan
01-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Me too, it drives my wife and co-workers nuts. I just try to not do it too much. Ya know, too much of a good thing...yada yada.

Jack Bauer
01-30-2006, 12:07 AM

Outside the box is one thing, but outside the mind is another. :challenge

:)

Kathmandu
01-30-2006, 12:09 AM

I have to disagree with that ... philosophy classes are wonderful for giving a person a full perspective on the world. It would not hurt anyopne a bit to be a little philosophical about life. However, in my opinion, this "charitable act" thing, is more about word games or showing off than it is about bringing in a meaningful perspective.

Jack Bauer
It helps you to think and to be.

There are plenty of other things to worry about in the world...

awtysst
Outside the box is one thing, but outside the mind is another. :challenge

:)

Actually I work with people who "think outside their mind". I agree with you, it is challenging to work with this group, but I do garner a wonderful sense of accomplishment.

awtysst
01-30-2006, 12:10 AM
I have to disagree with that ... philosophy classes are wonderful for giving a person a full perspective on the world. It would not hurt anyopne a bit to be a little philosophical about life. However, in my opinion, this "charitable act" thing, is more about word games or showing off than it is about bringing in a meaningful perspective.

I am not "trying to show off" it is simply a pet peeve of mine.

Jack Bauer
01-30-2006, 12:10 AM

I just think they can cause someone to become too "philosophical" instead of practical. I guess a class wouldn't hurt, since I took one myself. I just didn't accept what the prof was trying to get across.

awtysst
01-30-2006, 12:12 AM
I just think they can cause someone to become too "philosophical" instead of practical. I guess a class wouldn't hurt, since I took one myself. I just didn't accept what the prof was trying to get across.

Good. That shows you are thinking critically. You are analyzing what the proff said, thought about it, and came to your own conclusion. THAT is philosphy!

Jack Bauer
01-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Good. That shows you are thinking critically. You are analyzing what the proff said, thought about it, and came to your own conclusion. THAT is philosphy!

I know, I know. I have completed the circle! :)

Goodnight everyone!!!

Big B Texan Fan
01-30-2006, 12:14 AM
End Thread Plz

awtysst
01-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Allright, thank you everyone for your wonderful discussion and debate. I am through discussing this topic. Good night all!

Kathmandu
01-30-2006, 12:17 AM
I am not "trying to show off" it is simply a pet peeve of mine.

Sorry ... Didn't really mean that ... bad choice of words.

Major Tom ...

I'd take Bush, but neither will be around when we pick. Not that i have anything against Young, I think he'll be a great pro sooner than people think, but the raiders need help right now at too many positions to have the luxury of taking Young.

Big B Texan Fan
01-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Sorry ... Didn't really mean that ... bad choice of words.

Major Tom ...

I'd take Bush, but neither will be around when we pick. Not that i have anything against Young, I think he'll be a great pro sooner than people think, but the raiders need help right now at too many positions to have the luxury of taking Young.
Just remember, bad teams don't have the luxary of picking for need with rd 1 pix, rd 2 for that matter if your team is really bad. You always go best player available no matter what, 'cept for QB if you feel as though you are set there. Example is what if the Texans would've had the #1 pick in their second draft, with Carr already taking Palmer would've been not so smart (although if I knew then what I know now). But all other positions should be filled with the BPA in early pick situations. Preist Holmes and Larry Johnson are a good example.

Speedy
01-30-2006, 12:33 AM
Ok. Thats fine. In my mind you described an act of kindness and a generous act. I think its a great thing he did, but in my mind charitable also means that the person giving receives no reward at the end. Thats where our definitions differ, i suppose.
Who freaking cares as long as you're helping somebody in need?
Unbelievable!! You people will just jump on anything to tear somebody down.

aj.
01-30-2006, 06:28 AM
*1st message to team - "Forget 2-14...new system all together with high expectations."

Players have to believe that

That's where not having any leadership in the ranks really hurts.

Coaches can lecture, teach, and attempt to motivate only so much. Not that our previous staff had success with any of that, but if it takes a while for this new system to take hold, it's important for the players to stick together and rally around one or two of their own for once. Of course, that doesn't apply when when the wheels totally fall off like last year - but with a new beginning on the coaching staff comes new opportunities for players as well - and not just on Sunday from 12:00 - 3:00 Central.

As far as his Sports Sunday comments, it sounds like Kubiak has the media thing down pretty good because that's basically what he said on Thursday at the press conference. All these media guys try to outscoop one another but they end up getting the same sound bites.

On a side note, I was watching ESPN Classic yesterday - the first Denver SB win over the Pack - and it was interesting to see how active Kubiak was on the sideline during critical situations. They had Shanahan, Kubiak (sorry but I refuse to call him Kubes - this isn't baseball) and Elway miked up and they were really getting after it, Kubiak especially, on the sideline while discussing strategy, etc., during key game situations. In fact, many times it was Elway and Kubiak going at it while Shanahan stood there and listened.

awtysst
01-30-2006, 07:16 AM
Who freaking cares as long as you're helping somebody in need?
Unbelievable!! You people will just jump on anything to tear somebody down.

Its unfortunate that you chose to only look at a few words and completely misunderstand my meaning. Oh well, maybe another time.

Sportsfan
01-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Wow, this has metamorphisized into a VY thread faster than a fart disappears into the wind!

Kaiser Toro
01-30-2006, 08:15 AM

Just consider that a Young VY (8 years old) was hit by a car while on his bike. There could be a connection between a kid giving back.

I am cynical of these things as well, except when the person "donating" their celebrity was once themselves or had a relative in those patients shoes.

chuckm
01-30-2006, 08:17 AM
ok well that's great and all but .... did Kubiak say anything of note?

Kaiser Toro
01-30-2006, 08:19 AM
That's where not having any leadership in the ranks really hurts.

Coaches can lecture, teach, and attempt to motivate only so much. Not that our previous staff had success with any of that, but if it takes a while for this new system to take hold, it's important for the players to stick together and rally around one or two of their own for once. Of course, that doesn't apply when when the wheels totally fall off like last year - but with a new beginning on the coaching staff comes new opportunities for players as well - and not just on Sunday from 12:00 - 3:00 Central.

As far as his Sports Sunday comments, it sounds like Kubiak has the media thing down pretty good because that's basically what he said on Thursday at the press conference. All these media guys try to outscoop one another but they end up getting the same sound bites.

On a side note, I was watching ESPN Classic yesterday - the first Denver SB win over the Pack - and it was interesting to see how active Kubiak was on the sideline during critical situations. They had Shanahan, Kubiak (sorry but I refuse to call him Kubes - this isn't baseball) and Elway miked up and they were really getting after it, Kubiak especially, on the sideline while discussing strategy, etc., during key game situations. In fact, many times it was Elway and Kubiak going at it while Shanahan stood there and listened.

Don Coryell said it best, "The country is full of good coaches. What it takes to win is a bunch of interested players."

ArlingtonTexan
01-30-2006, 08:37 AM

Dang...missed out participating in this one...good job guys even though it was way off topic.

Jack Bauer
01-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Dang...missed out participating in this one...good job guys even though it was way off topic.

Sorry about the off-topic slant of this thread AT! Sometimes they just seem to take off on their own! ;)

powerfuldragon
01-30-2006, 09:05 AM
hey, it was fun while it lasted, no?

the texans should have never let aaron glenn go to the cowboys, i look at that as the point when our defense lost leadership. I'm looking at Dunta to step up and take the helm this year. As far as the offensive leader, we all know it should be Carr, but if he can't then i'd look to someone quiet and mature... like Dre. That's all i have to say.

ArlingtonTexan
01-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Sorry about the off-topic slant of this thread AT! Sometimes they just seem to take off on their own! ;)

and that is a good thing. Much more like really sitting around the bar or standing around the water cooler, etc.

Texans_Chick
01-30-2006, 09:43 AM
1. Here's something from a Chicago paper relating to Kubiak and Young, FWIW:

"His track record with Denver suggests quarterbacks are more valuable than running backs." (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/football/cs-0601290289jan29,1,1743018.story?coll=cs-football-print)

2. I found the semantic discussion in this thread interesting. I have to say that personally speaking, it is hard to volunteer at hospitals. It makes you feel good that you could help but at the same time, it is really difficult to see people so sick, especially children. It changes you, maybe benefits you, but it is hard, which is the reason not that many people do it.