PDA

View Full Version : Texans/Dolphins trade coming?

A Texan
01-29-2006, 03:51 PM
No, this is not yet another trade proposal involving the draft. It just seems natural that the Dolphins and Texans might want to talk trade. Kubiak has stated that he is "leaning" towards using the 4-3 primarily, but that because of the personnel that he will use the 3-4 also. Last year when Sabin came in at Miami he went to the 3-4 as their primary defense, but continued to use the 4-3 some because of the personnel left over from the 4-3 they had there before. He has stated that he will continue to do so again this year. However he just hired Capers who of course is a 3-4 guru and now might be the time for them to make a clean break and go exclusively to the 3-4. I don't know that either of the guys they had last year, Richard Smith or Will Muschamp had had much experience with the 3-4. Smith had been at Denver and Detroit where they used the 4-3 and Muschamp had been with Sabin at LSU which was using the 4-3 also. Add to that the fact that Smith is coming to the Texans and therefore knows the Dolphins players and with Capers knowing the Texans players it would seem an ideal situation for a trade perhaps with the Texans perhaps seeking DE's like Kevin Carter or Jason Taylor for perhaps one or more of our OLBs.

kastofsna
01-29-2006, 03:53 PM
i don't see that happening. first of all, saban likes to run a hybrid of the 3-4 and 4-3, so guys like kevin carter and jason taylor are necessary. i'll trade you for the top pick to get leinart, though :)

bigTEXan8
01-29-2006, 04:01 PM
No, this is not yet another trade proposal involving the draft. It just seems natural that the Dolphins and Texans might want to talk trade. Kubiak has stated that he is "leaning" towards using the 4-3 primarily, but that because of the personnel that he will use the 3-4 also. Last year when Sabin came in at Miami he went to the 3-4 as their primary defense, but continued to use the 4-3 some because of the personnel left over from the 4-3 they had there before. He has stated that he will continue to do so again this year. However he just hired Capers who of course is a 3-4 guru and now might be the time for them to make a clean break and go exclusively to the 3-4. I don't know that either of the guys they had last year, Richard Smith or Will Muschamp had had much experience with the 3-4. Smith had been at Denver and Detroit where they used the 4-3 and Muschamp had been with Sabin at LSU which was using the 4-3 also. Add to that the fact that Smith is coming to the Texans and therefore knows the Dolphins players and with Capers knowing the Texans players it would seem an ideal situation for a trade perhaps with the Texans perhaps seeking DE's like Kevin Carter or Jason Taylor for perhaps one or more of our OLBs.

Where as I don't think it's going to happen, so far, that is the most legitimate Houston-Miami trade ever brought up on this board.