PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent QB's Worth

beerlover
01-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Fellow Texans its time to move on and end this debate on who the Texans need to take with the 1st overall pick in the 2006 draft. we did not get here by accident it was a painful journey of inept tackling, errant passing/catching indecisive play calling and lack of team effort and unity. in short the Texans lacked decisive leadership, that has been and will be addressed.

Here is the crux of the thread- what is the value to a NFL franchise in a league starved for QB's who can operate effeciently and be productive? 5-6 million? I know thats alot of money but in the NFL its considered fair value, QB's are your most precious and valued commodity. so by extending Carr's contract that should be considered good buisness and does not preclude the further investment into that position of truely franchise proportions.

The big knock on Carr has been he was thrown into the fire without protection and now he is damaged and shell shocked too mumified to think coherently make split second decisions or audible effectively. Although he has taking nearly all the snaps and never missed alot of games the physical beating has to have taken some toll on his body. Are we going to repeat history with our next QB and make the same mistakes over and over again?

So in essence by signing David Carr to an extension is like an insurance policy to protect and develop our future franchise QB, whom we have an unobstructed pathway to aquire in this draft. With improved results his value (Carr) should also increase so teams would be interested & willing to pay the Texans when the time is right.

To me this is a no brainer & without mentioning names, why the Texans will extend Carr and keep the 1st pick :wow:

here is a two year old clipping of how the QB picture is becoming inflated and how GMs are masking/hiding the cap hit http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7355263 the Texans are smart enough to make this work to their benefit:cool:

awtysst
01-28-2006, 11:54 PM
I have decided this is the jersey i will be promoting till the draft (see my NEW avatar).

Edit: for those of you trying to rememebr my old avatar, think about the puppy urinating on the laptop or click my profile and see it.

ensign_lee
01-29-2006, 12:17 AM
what name is on the back of that jersey? I can't make it out.

Napa Auto Parts
01-29-2006, 12:31 AM
Why would we want a free agent Qb we are already set for life what kind of message would it send to david carr if we bring in some competition i think we stay on the same plan of just handing him the job. hell it hasnt failed so far.:stirpot: but kitna would be okay or aaron brooks

beerlover
01-29-2006, 12:47 AM
Why would we want a free agent Qb we are already set for life what kind of message would it send to david carr if we bring in some competition i think we stay on the same plan of just handing him the job. hell it hasnt failed so far.:stirpot: but kitna would be okay or aaron brooks

the free agent is David Carr if he is not extended, so in fact by the Texans extending him in essense they are landing a high profile free agent (to be) QB. just a fancy way to confuse and mistify the masses I guess :confused:

this is for all those who don't feel the Texans can afford two #1 overall QB's to show in fact they can and how it works to their benefit. Also don't forget the savings from releasing Tony Banks in this scenero, I believe he made about 1.25 mil. last season, just food for thought :stirpot:

awtysst
01-29-2006, 11:08 AM
what name is on the back of that jersey? I can't make it out.

Its my Message Board name: AWTYSST. I put MY name on the back of the jersey becuase I will cheer for whomever we end up with in April. If we go VInce, Im happy. If its Reggie, Im Happy. if its, Dbrick, Super Mario, The Hawk, or someone else I am happy. I am a Texans fan not a fan of a certain player. Players can leave, the team(hopefully) is here to stay!

kbourda
01-29-2006, 01:20 PM

Are you kidding me? Why would we want a FA QB? A FA QB has to be brought here to spark a fire under Carr. Hand him the job!?!?!? Are you the CEO of his fan club or what? He's the choice of the Texans, fine. But he has done nothing at this point in his NFL career to feel safe and secure with the starting position.