PDA

View Full Version : This is the TEXANS, not TEXAS

Oilers/Texans
01-27-2006, 06:23 PM
I know Longhorn football is big in Texas but this is nuts! People calling for Vince Young because he is a Longhorn? People questioning if you like the Kubiak hire because he was an Aggie? David Carr is the man in Houston and Kubiak has the background to be a great coach. It is just amazing to see people saying that they will no longer be a Houston Texans fan if we don't get Young. I think those fans are already gone and were never really behind the Texans 100% to begin with. Keep in mind that this is the NFL and college is different from it. Keep the two seperated. The Texans need to do what's best for them and it makes no difference what college background that help comes from.

Hookem Horns
01-27-2006, 06:27 PM
People calling for Vince Young because he is a Longhorn?

This is what irritates me most. While I am sure there is a fraction of fans out there like that, there are also those that think is he the best player regardless where he went to school. Don't lump all of us into that group.

Bronco Texan
01-27-2006, 06:29 PM
This is what irritates me most. While I am sure there is a fraction of fans out there like that, there are also those that think is he the best player regardless where he went to school. Don't lump all of us into that group.

That is funny because all of the EXPERTS think he isn't the best player. Go home HOMER!!!

Oilers/Texans
01-27-2006, 06:32 PM

Did I say you are in that group?

Caesar
01-27-2006, 06:36 PM
It is just amazing to see people saying that they will no longer be a Houston Texans fan if we don't get Young. I think those fans are already gone and were never really behind the Texans 100% to begin with.
It's not ONLY about not getting Young. I could forgive them if they were to pass on Young to trade the pick. That would show me that they're working to improve a team that needs work at many positions. What I won't forgive is passing on Vince Young to draft a guy at a position where we're already three deep, and who would not contribute to a quick turaround (playing on a team with no defense and an abysmal line) any more than VY. That would be yet another seemingly deliberate slap in the face to Longhorn players and fans, and I'm not going to take that.

Last years unforgiveable draft fiasco put this organization on "probation" with myself and many other UT fans/alumni. Another insult this season, given the number of UT players in the draft at need positions for Houston, and I'm out. Why should we pull for a franchise that continually spits in our faces?

Hookem Horns
01-27-2006, 06:36 PM
That is funny because all of the EXPERTS think he isn't the best player. Go home HOMER!!!

Which expert? Casserly? BTW, I am home, I live here in Texas. Why don't you go home www.denverbroncos.com.. Geez, and this guy registered in Jan 06.

Bronco Texan
01-27-2006, 06:41 PM
dude i live in corpus

Bronco Texan
01-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Which expert? Casserly?

try all the other NFL teams. all the media except for the Houston media. Better yet name me an expert that thinks Vince is the best.

Caesar
01-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Sorta like all the experts who gave Bush the Heisman in a landslide and those who thought he was better than Young going into the Rose Bowl. That had a hilarious outcome.

Koolbrz
01-27-2006, 06:54 PM
It's not ONLY about not getting Young. I could forgive them if they were to pass on Young to trade the pick. That would show me that they're working to improve a team that needs work at many positions. What I won't forgive is passing on Vince Young to draft a guy at a position where we're already three deep, and who would not contribute to a quick turaround (playing on a team with no defense and an abysmal line) any more than VY. That would be yet another seemingly deliberate slap in the face to Longhorn players and fans, and I'm not going to take that.

Last years unforgiveable draft fiasco put this organization on "probation" with myself and many other UT fans/alumni. Another insult this season, given the number of UT players in the draft at need positions for Houston, and I'm out. Why should we pull for a franchise that continually spits in our faces?

I beg to differ. We are not three deep at a certain position. VM is an okay RB, Wells might not be back, and DD is consistantly hurt. Never fails, you can count on him being out 4-5 games a yr. We need an explosive player at the position and on this team. Nothing against VY, he is a great athlete, it's just not a player we need. We have a QB with a great arm just need better coaching and a better line. Everyone is saying he will not lead us to a championship...LOL...look at Indy, Manning can't lead them to a championship. Texans don't need to draft VY. We can upgrade the O-Line through FA, maybe a trade or two. Pick up a couple of defensive players through the draft for depth and maybe go after some quality defensive players. It can be done. Nothing against UT either, we just don't need another QB when we already have one, or maybe we all want to wait another 4 yrs before we can start talking playoffs if we do take VY. Just because he was at UT and because he is a hometown boy. I don't think so!

Bronco Texan
01-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Sorta like all the experts who gave Bush the Heisman in a landslide and those who thought he was better than Young going into the Rose Bowl. That had a hilarious outcome.

Whose to say he still isn't? I remember this being a team sport and you win or lose as a team not because you are the best player in college.

bakerooskie
01-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Just wait and see what the team is going to do... No more Bush/Vince post's... Just sit back and relax, and ignore the hype.

Bronco Texan
01-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Just wait and see what the team is going to do... No more Bush/Vince post's... Just sit back and relax, and ignore the hype.

Sorry Lincoln but I don't think this Civil war is ending any time soon

infantrycak
01-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Which expert? Casserly? BTW, I am home, I live here in Texas. Why don't you go home www.denverbroncos.com.. Geez, and this guy registered in Jan 06.

Right now it is accurate to say most projections have Leinart going before Young and some folks are even talking about Cutler jumping above Young as well. Personally, I would take Young over Leinart in a heartbeat. I haven't seen enough of Cutler to have a judgment.

Hookem Horns
01-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Right now it is accurate to say most projections have Leinart going before Young and some folks are even talking about Cutler jumping above Young as well. Personally, I would take Young over Leinart in a heartbeat. I haven't seen enough of Cutler to have a judgment.

I was thinking too about Leinart about halfway through the season. Once it starting becoming obvious to me that Carr wasn't going to pan out I started watching Leinart more closely. I even posted about it here and some of you felt Leinart was overhyped and had a bad wheel. The thought of VY never crossed my mind because I was convinced he would stay in school.

tex
01-27-2006, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=Caesa. That would be yet another seemingly deliberate slap in the face to Longhorn players and fans, and I'm not going to take that.

Last years unforgiveable draft fiasco put this organization on "probation" with myself and many other UT fans/alumni. Another insult this season, given the number of UT players in the draft at need positions for Houston, and I'm out. Why should we pull for a franchise that continually spits in our faces?[/QUOTE]
I don't blame you,why don't you go now?:crying: :crying:

swisher
01-27-2006, 07:20 PM
That would be yet another seemingly deliberate slap in the face to Longhorn players and fans, and I'm not going to take that.

The idea that this organization owes UT alumni ANYTHING is preposterous. I've read some pretty stupid comments on this board this past month, but nothing has actually pissed me off like yours just did.

As if being a UT fan entitles you to some sort of holier than thou status that anybody would actually care if you put this organization on "probation" because they don't draft Longhorns.

Spits in your face!? The fact that you actually think the Texans have some sort of conspiracy going to not draft players from UT proves to me how distorted your reality is and really makes me question your sanity. If the Texans drafted players solely based on what a few people with burnt orange colored glasses want, then THAT would be spitting in our face.

I went nuts when Texas beat USC, but now I wish they had lost.

And before your post, I was happy with whoever the Texans drafted, but now I hope to God we draft Bush so you can put them on "permanent probation" and leave us all alone.

WWJD
01-27-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm in the "draft Vince" camp but I'm gonna be realistic. The new coach has given every indication that is not going to be an avenue he goes down. Fine.
It's not something I control anyway.

I think the majority of fans that are in the Vince camp though feel he WILL go to the Titans and he WILL be an impact player for them eventually.

Now that would hurt. :crying:

Tale Gator
01-27-2006, 07:41 PM

Great point - I support drafting Vince because he is a great player (the best this year IMHO) and Houston is his home town. I not sure why so many have trouble understanding that not everyone who wants VY bleeds orange.

WWJD
01-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Remember guys...teams don't listen to the fans for football advice.

All they want is your money for seats and to know if you prefer if they sell Coke or Pepsi.

tex
01-27-2006, 07:48 PM
"if the Texans draft Young, i will buy season tickets, if they don't screw them.
bye bye:BananaWav

Carr Bombed
01-27-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm starting to think "Bamboo" is really that other poster "bobo"

Caesar
01-27-2006, 07:57 PM
As if being a UT fan entitles you to some sort of holier than thou status that anybody would actually care if you put this organization on "probation" because they don't draft Longhorns.
Do you have any idea how large the UT fanbase in Houston is? Do you have any idea how much of the Texans fanbase is also Longhorns? If they piss off enough of us, you're going to have quite a few empty seats in Reliant. We, as fans, buy the tickets, buy the merchandise, and provide the TV ratings. The Texans need us more than we need them.

Spits in your face!? The fact that you actually think the Texans have some sort of conspiracy going to not draft players from UT proves to me how distorted your reality is and really makes me question your sanity.
Well you say that, but there have been quite a few excellent UT players in the draft in recent years at positions that the Texans desperately needed. Like last year, they get rid of Sharper, leaving Wong as the only legitimate NFL starter at linebacker. Who's available in the draft when the Texans pick? Hey, it's Derrick Johnson, a guy that many considered top 5 caliber. Since LB was the Texans' top need (outside of o-line), and you claim that they don't discriminate against UT players, then I guess DJ must be on the team. Hmmmmmmm. I'm looking up and down my roster right now, but I can't seem to find him. Maybe you can help.

If the Texans drafted players solely based on what a few people with burnt orange colored glasses want, then THAT would be spitting in our face.
Nobody is suggesting they do that. I'm just suggesting that when a quality UT player is available at a need position, they might consider taking him rather than drafting a lesser quality player at a non-need position, as they have done a number of times in the past.

And before your post, I was happy with whoever the Texans drafted, but now I hope to God we draft Bush so you can put them on "permanent probation" and leave us all alone.
And I hope that Bud Adams (who I once hated) takes VY so all the Vince haters among the Texans fanbase and organization will be forced to watch as he kicks the hell out of Houston twice a year. I look forward to sitting in Reliant and cheering on a Vince-led Tennessee team, along with half the other fans in the stadium, while the "draft Reggie" crowd sits back and wonders what might have been.

Carr Bombed
01-27-2006, 08:01 PM
"bye bye" your hemmoroid, until the Texans SCREW this up i will be here every day to remind you that you didn't provide a reasonable or even better solution.

thanks for your weak response. now give me a reason why the Texans shouldn't choose the GREATEST college player other than barry sanders to the Texans???

don't give me your weak bye bye answer. You UT fans don't understand why Texan fans are now turned off or have had their fill of Young, this is why and many posts like this and the one right above mine.

After the Rose Bowl I was leaning towards wanting Vince, but after the flood of newbies that didn't want to talk about anything else, but about how Vince was god or Micheal Jordan (which btw, there is no such thing in the sport of football) and force feeding us their draft Vince of screw the texans threads and posts. It is people like you that have turned some of this board against Vince and that is really sad because Vince is a great young man.

This is the NFL not everybody on this board bleeds orange, people have different opinions and just because they don't agree with yours doesn't mean you go around calling them Texan *****s

and then in that same post you had the gall to tell them to grow up:confused:

Sometimes I just wish UT didn't win that game and thats very very sad, it was a great game to watch.

Caesar
01-27-2006, 08:16 PM
All they want is your money for seats and to know if you prefer if they sell Coke or Pepsi.
That's why they will never get another cent of my money if they draft Bush.

Carr Bombed
01-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey while your saving your money, why don't you save your time too and LEAVE, because its pretty obvious, the only interest you have in this team is the posibility of drafting Vince

tex
01-27-2006, 08:21 PM
How many times have you heard that the NFL is a faster game than college? Every year in training camp the rookies talk about trying to get used to how fast the game is,David Carr has been around that speed for 4 years ,VY has not so now we have to wait around for him to speed up to NFL pace.You may be right VY maybe some kind of football god I don't know.I just think it's kind of dum to say screw a team over one unproven COLLEGE qb,(jmo).

Caesar
01-27-2006, 08:22 PM
.Hey while your saving your money, why don't you save your time too and LEAVE, because its pretty obvious, the only interest you have in this team is the posibility of drafting Vince
At the moment, that's pretty close to the truth. The possibility of drafting a Jordan-esque football player, OR trading the pick to improve the team as a whole, is about the only thing to inspire any interest or hope after a 2-14 season.

Oh, and I'll leave when I feel like it

Vinny
01-27-2006, 08:26 PM
"bye bye" your hemmoroid, until the Texans SCREW this up i will be here every day to remind you that you didn't provide a reasonable or even better solution.Try to fit in a little better than a "hemmoroid". We would all appreciate it.

D-ReK
01-27-2006, 08:30 PM
At the moment, that's pretty close to the truth. The possibility of drafting a Jordan-esque football player, OR trading the pick to improve the team as a whole, is about the only thing to inspire any interest or hope after a 2-14 season.

Oh, and I'll leave when I feel like it

How is Young "Jordan-esque"? Does he have a good jump shot? Can he dunk from the free throw line? Wait, this is Vince Young we're talking about...He can do anything! :superman:

Texandiver
01-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Do you have any idea how large the UT fanbase in Houston is? Do you have any idea how much of the Texans fanbase is also Longhorns? If they piss off enough of us, you're going to have quite a few empty seats in Reliant. We, as fans, buy the tickets, buy the merchandise, and provide the TV ratings. The Texans need us more than we need them.

The Texan's fanbase consist of more then UT alumi, and I believe most Longhorn fans will not hate the Texans if they do not draft Vince Young. They'll be disappointed, but will not hate them.

As far as empty seats if the Texans win the seats will be full, and if they continue to lose they'll be empty. It's not going to matter if the quaterback is Vince Young or David Carr. If VY is given the reigns and 4 years from now the Texans are still losing the seats will be empty.

Carr Bombed
01-27-2006, 08:37 PM

Oh, and I'll leave when I feel like it Vince Young is not a Jordan-esque football player. There is no such thing in FOOTBALL. It took a complete team effort to beat USC. I give just as much of more credit to the Texas defense for the victory in that game. They had two key INTs (one was a absolute great play not a bad throw and the other was picked off in the endzone) and a fumble recovery and two key 4th and short stops. David Thomas made great catch after great catch and made plays on some very bad passes. The Texas Oline was the best in the country and had one of their best games.

Young isn't going to come here and have the same success. He doesn't have Thomas, he doesn't have Sweed, he doesn't have that great Texas Dline to prevent a high powered offense from scoring and he doesn't have a secondary with three first day picks. If Young comes here he is going to face the same problems as David. A subpar team that can't stay consistent on offense and can't stop or hold leads on defense.

When we take Young, we isn't bringing his Oline with him, he isn't bringing Sweed or his other recievers with him, he isn't bringing Taylor, Charles, and his other very talented backs with him, he isn't bringing his all american Dline and secondary with him.

Caesar
01-27-2006, 08:43 PM
The Texan's fanbase consist of more then UT alumi, and I believe most Longhorn fans will not hate the Texans if they do not draft Vince Young. They'll be disappointed, but will not hate them.
It depends. I think that if they trade the pick, it will be better recieved because it will indicate that the Texans are trying to fortify the many weak spots on the team. The Texans aren't going to get any more of an immediate improvementwith Bush than they would with Young, and if they take Bush anyway, it will be taken by many as the final insult. I personally think that TRADING the pick is the smartest choice, but if you're going to use the # 1 pick on a player that is not an immediate need, you take Vince. It should be a no brainer, but we're talking about the Texans management so....

tex
01-27-2006, 08:49 PM
The thing is it's a no win type of deal,if you draft Bush and VY becomes a pro bowl player you are dum for taking Bush.If you take VY and Bush becomes a all time great back then your dum for not taking Bush.Thats why I will leave the drafting to the Houston Texans and the new coach.I don't care where they played college ball if they are the best player for the Texans then I'm happy.

Caesar
01-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Young isn't going to come here and have the same success. He doesn't have Thomas, he doesn't have Sweed, he doesn't have that great Texas Dline to prevent a high powered offense from scoring and he doesn't have a secondary with three first day picks. If Young comes here he is going to face the same problems as David. A subpar team that can't stay consistent on offense and can't stop or hold leads on defense.
And the same thing could be said about Bush. In Houston, he won't have a QB like Matt Leinart, second RB like Lendale White, an excellent TE, and a dominating offensive line like he did at USC. Heck, even with all those things, he looked pretty inconsistent the first time he played against a strong, fast defense. Sure he had some electric runs, but for every long one, he got stuffed four times. If Vince is not worth a #1 pick, Bush sure isn't.

Carr Bombed
01-27-2006, 08:51 PM
The Texans aren't going to get any more of an immediate improvementwith Bush than they would with Young, and if they take Bush anyway, it will be taken by many as the final insult.

That is not neccesarily true it is proven time and time again, that rbs can come in and make a IMMEDIATE impact. The rb position translates the easiest to the pros.

As far as people taking drafting Bush as the final insult that also isn't true, since most of this city was just about wetting themselves as the prospect of being in the posistion to take him. Do you remember the "Bush Bowl" and the 15 min. segment on ESPN with plenty of interviews of Texan fans saying "We have to lose that game".

LoneStarState
01-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Hey while your saving your money, why don't you save your time too and LEAVE, because its pretty obvious, the only interest you have in this team is the posibility of drafting Vince
:homer: D'OH!

Vinny
01-27-2006, 08:55 PM
As far as people taking drafting Bush as the final insult that also isn't true, since most of this city was just about wetting themselves as the prospect of being in the posistion to take him. Do you remember the "Bush Bowl" and the 15 min. segment on ESPN with plenty of interviews of Texan fans saying "We have to lose that game".There will be a lot of people go away from the message board if and when we pick Bush....but I don't qualify that as a "necessarily a bad thing". Most of them haven’t been here the first 4 years anyway, so it's not much of a threat.

Caesar
01-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Do you remember the "Bush Bowl" and the 15 min. segment on ESPN with plenty of interviews of Texan fans saying "We have to lose that game".

I do remember. That's why I rooted for Houston harder than ever down the stretch so that Casserly wouldn't have the opportunity to waste the # 1 pick on another RB.

D-ReK
01-27-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm curious, since a few of the Longhorns on the board are threatening to boycott the team if we don't draft Young, what are your opinions of the University of Texas at Detroit? They have Roy Williams, Shaun Rogers, Corey Redding, and Will Matthews, yet there are very few UT/Lions fans...Vince is a UT legend, but so are Williams (possibly the best WR in Texas history), Rogers (he's been to a Pro Bowl or two), and Redding (maybe not a legend, but he was a good player there who was a Lombardi award finalist)...I mean we could've drafted Redding and Williams (would've had to trade up), but we didn't, and there was no huge revolt...How is this different?

Carr Bombed
01-27-2006, 08:57 PM
And the same thing could be said about Bush. In Houston, he won't have a QB like Matt Leinart, second RB like Lendale White, an excellent TE, and a dominating offensive line like he did at USC. Heck, even with all those things, he looked pretty inconsistent the first time he played against a strong, fast defense. Sure he had some electric runs, but for every long one, he got stuffed four times. If Vince is not worth a #1 pick, Bush sure isn't.He only had like about a dozen carries and I remember him having alot more than 3 good runs so no he didn't get stuffed every 4 times he touch the ball. He still avg. 6.7 yards, not to mention 95 rec yards against your strong and fast defense. He might not have a offensive line like he did at USC, but he will have a line that allowed a 4th round pick to have two 1000 yard season and if DD could of stayed healthy it would of been three. Also yeah he won't have Lendale White, but DD is more than capable of splitting carries with him.

Carr Bombed
01-27-2006, 09:00 PM
There will be a lot of people go away from the message board if and when we pick Bush....but I don't qualify that as a "necessarily a bad thing". Most of them haven’t been here the first 4 years anyway, so it's not much of a threat. Thats fine with me, most likely the only ones that will split or the ones that joined in Jan 06 and of course the ones that say if we pass on Vince they will root against us. So I think that is a GOOD thing

swtbound07
01-27-2006, 09:02 PM
im not boycotting or leaving anything if we draft bush...i have to be here to say "i told you so" when he busts, or be in line to get my crow if he is a phenom....if the texans do something different, its all a "moo point" (moo point? whats that? Its like an arguement a cow would make...it doesnt matter...its moo.)

Caesar
01-27-2006, 09:04 PM
I'm curious, since a few of the Longhorns on the board are threatening to boycott the team if we don't draft Young, what are your opinions of the University of Texas at Detroit?
It tells me that if UT is putting out enough good players that a team in Michigan can find several worthy of starting for them, you'd think a team from Texas could notice them enough to bring in ONE early round pick in four years.

Carr Bombed
01-27-2006, 09:06 PM
First of all let me get something straight: I don't care what the texans do with the pick, its not my decision and frankly I don't know what they should do. I'm not going to have a amorism if they draft Vince, trade down, or draft Bush.

I'm just sick of all the Vince is GOD or Draft Vince or die posts

Señor Stan
01-27-2006, 09:19 PM
It tells me that if UT is putting out enough good players that a team in Michigan can find several worthy of starting for them, you'd think a team from Texas could notice them enough to bring in ONE early round pick in four years.

What player, besides DJ, would you have taken and with what pick?

For the record I would have chosen DJ, but I think there is a reason why 14 teams passed on him.

I wouldn't put to much stock in that "Michigan" team's talent evaluation. Detroit fans hate Matt Millen more than Texan fans hate Casserly.

gwallaia
01-27-2006, 09:19 PM
I think the Texans should hire a few hundred extra police officers armed in riot gear to be at the Texans Draft Party. When Young is passed over there will be a great possibility of looting and rioting.

cap1
01-27-2006, 09:39 PM

Maybe we should do like the Lions because they won so many games this year. :rolleyes: :brickwall :ok:

Caesar
01-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Any one of those Texas players in Detroit would start for the Houston Texans.

edo783
01-27-2006, 10:05 PM
im not boycotting or leaving anything if we draft bush...i have to be here to say "i told you so" when he busts, or be in line to get my crow if he is a phenom....if the texans do something different, its all a "moo point" (moo point? whats that? Its like an arguement a cow would make...it doesnt matter...its moo.)

I believe your looking for 'Moot Point" = no longer relavant.

Señor Stan
01-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Any one of those Texas players in Detroit would start for the Houston Texans.

Shaun Rogers was drafted in 2001. Pre Texans.

Redding went in the 2003 with the 2nd pick of the third round @ #66 right befor the Texans picked at #67. (Peek) The Texans would have had to take him at #35. A bit of a reach don't you think?

RWilliams in the 7th in the 1st round of 2004. Would have had to trade up to get him. Texans took Dunta Robinson.

as for Will Matthews, he signed with them as an undrafted free agent and is on their practice squad.

Where would you have taken them Caesar?

Caesar
01-27-2006, 10:42 PM
I think you're missing the point. I wasn't talking about those players specifically. I was just noting that if quality UT players are plentiful enough that four could end up with one team, you would think that a team FROM TEXAS might take notice and draft ONE in a meaningful round one of these days.

The only reason I mentioned that they would all start for the Texans is because another poster was implying that those players might be a contributing factor to the Lions lack of success.

Carr Bombed
01-27-2006, 10:43 PM
I was just noting that if quality UT players are plentiful enough that four could end up with one team, you would think that a team FROM TEXAS might take notice and draft ONE in a meaningful round one of these days.

We've only been in the league for four years. (four drafts) Its not like we've been passing up UT players for two decades. Plus the only one you could make a case for is DJ

BTW I would totally support if the Texans grabbed David Thomas

Señor Stan
01-27-2006, 11:10 PM
I think you're missing the point. I wasn't talking about those players specifically. I was just noting that if quality UT players are plentiful enough that four could end up with one team, you would think that a team FROM TEXAS might take notice and draft ONE in a meaningful round one of these days.

The only reason I mentioned that they would all start for the Texans is because another poster was implying that those players might be a contributing factor to the Lions lack of success.

No, you're missing the point. The Texans have not been in a position to take a Texas player in a "meaningful" round with the exception of DJ.

Texas 1st day draftees
#4 Mike Williams
#5 Quenten Jammer

No other Longhorns taken Day One

No Longhorns taken in 1st 2 rounds.
Round 3
#66 Redding
#67 PEEK
#75 WAND
#81 Dockery
#97 Simms

#7 Roy Williams
#23 Tubbs

#4 Benson
#15 DJ!!!! (available for dem sunzabeeches Texans at 13 dangit.)

Be honest. The only real gripe you have is that they didn't take DJ.

edo783
01-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Be honest. The only real gripe you have is that they didn't take DJ.

And we aren't taking VY.

TEXANFAN23435
01-28-2006, 12:50 AM
You know, I'm an Aggie and Cougar fan but when UTexas went to the Rose Bowl....As a Red, White and Blue Texan I put all differences aside and cheered for UTexas to put a beating on USC. This is just simple pride in the State of Texas. When UT won the National Championship, I viewed it as an opportunity for ALL Texas Football Programs to recruit more Texas HS talent and keep these athletes from defecting and helping other programs.

Now, I covered where my heart is... let me get to where my brain is:

1. VY had a spectacular season but that's just it, he had ONE great season. Coming into this season, Reggie McNeal was rated higher than VY. Most scouts didn't even have VY on the radar. All this talk about VY made me remember how everyone thought Ryan Leaf was the future for QB's based on his ONE season. How many experts said Colts made a bad move in taking Manning over Leaf??? It's very easy to see why Lienert is rated ahead of VY, the man has started and played unbelievable over the past two seasons, against opponets who played each game like it was their National Championship. ML is ready for the NFL now. VY may need some time to season, like McNair and not be thrown to the wolves like Leaf was. I want to see VY become successful in the NFL.

2. Now, if we have to take a QB with the 1st pick... it's ML who brings the immediate impact opportunity. We don't need a QB, so the wise move is to trade down.

3. Bush is exciting but a #1 pick on a 3rd down back/WR/KR. I'm real iffy on this, personally I was all Bush until the Rose Bowl. UTexas team speed nuetralized him. If UT's speed can do that, what will NFL Defenses do to him??? If we must select a RB, then my pick goes to LinDale White or DeAngelo Williams. These men are RB's who can run between the T's, have the speed to break it outside after defenses respect their ability to run inside and can carry the ball 25 to 30 times a game. Can anyone imagine what White's season might have been like if he got all the carries??? After the Rose Bowl game, I realized that I had just seen the best RB in the Nation and it wasn't Bush!!! As for Williams, he has had his way with Division I defenses for 2 seasons and reminds me more of LT than Bush does.

4. If the #1 pick has to be a TRUE RB then it would be a toss up between Williams and White. I don't think we would have to use the #1 pick on either guy since they would be available in the Top 5-10 picks, so again I say trade down, get more picks and if either back is available when we pick, take one. That puts DD and Wells on the market for a R2 and R4or5 this year. We do need a durable back.

Nothing against VY, RB or ML but our needs go much deeper than any one of these players can fill over the next couple of years.

YodAa
01-28-2006, 12:57 AM

all he said was people?

swisher
01-28-2006, 01:13 AM
I look forward to sitting in Reliant and cheering on a Vince-led Tennessee team, along with half the other fans in the stadium, while the "draft Reggie" crowd sits back and wonders what might have been.

As a so-called Texans fan, the only excuse you could ever have for rooting for a "Vince-led Tennessee team" is if you actually gave birth to Vince Young....otherwise it's just really really sad.

swtbound07
01-28-2006, 02:35 AM
I believe your looking for 'Moot Point" = no longer relavant.

actually no...the little bit i quoted was from an episode of friends...i found it funny

Bronco Texan
01-28-2006, 03:46 AM
How can VY be "Jordan-esque" or "a football god" if he isn't even the top rated player in this draft??? When did teams start not taking the highest rated player in the draft with the first pick? Most teams do! And if the team doesn't need the highest rated player in the draft they trade down, whick the Texans should do since they don't need either Bush or VY.

texanmojo
01-28-2006, 07:33 AM

Are you a season ticket holder? I doubt it. I doubt you even went to UT...you are probably just another UT wannabe that acts like they went to the school.

You seem to think that the city of Houston is made up of nothing but UT alumni! Hmmm...what about the rest of us that live here?

With an attitude like yours...we don't need you as a fan. I'll be the first to show you the door...you are just plain ignorant. Grow up and please go away.

Tulip
01-28-2006, 09:22 AM

lol: I miss Joey - but not enough to watch his new show.

I don't even try to predict busts. But I will be there to say "I told you" so if Vince lights up the NFL.

edo783
01-28-2006, 09:27 AM
actually no...the little bit i quoted was from an episode of friends...i found it funny

Sorry I was slow on the uptake. I have a co-worker that actually does say Moo point and it drives me nuts.

Htown34s
01-28-2006, 02:09 PM
People calling for Vince Young because he is a Longhorn?

I haven't seen anyone voice support for VY because he is a Horn. Its because he has accomplished great things at every level he has played. Its because there hasn't been a player in the NFL, ever, like VY (not my words but an NFL scout's).

If there is any extra motivation its because he is also from Houston. Like Ryan, Clemens, and Pettite, these are fun guys to root for.

So you can complain about people wanting someone from their hometown, but the Longhorn hating has to stop.

MorKnolle
01-28-2006, 02:21 PM

This isn't like recruiting local high school area kids to come play for a college team, in the NFL you have a nation-wide spectrum of players to choose from and there is no reason to concentrate just on guys from local schools. Look how much most of those guys are doing for Detroit. Roy Williams is the only Longhorn on the Lions that I'd want on the Texans and we weren't in a position to get him. I wanted Derrick Johnson last year, but that had nothing to do with the fact that he was from UT or Texas at all, it was because he was a freakishly athletic LB who was solid in all the necessary skills of the position and it was a position that we had a bigtime need to fill, but apparently our brilliant LB coach didn't think very highly of him and prefered acquiring Greenwood as our only offseason LB move after cutting our two stud ILBs.

BradK10
01-28-2006, 02:23 PM

Dude, your username is Hookem Horns...we're not stupid

Marcus
01-28-2006, 02:36 PM
The idea that this organization owes UT alumni ANYTHING is preposterous. I've read some pretty stupid comments on this board this past month, but nothing has actually pissed me off like yours just did.

Spits in your face!? The fact that you actually think the Texans have some sort of conspiracy going to not draft players from UT proves to me how distorted your reality is and really makes me question your sanity. If the Texans drafted players solely based on what a few people with burnt orange colored glasses want, then THAT would be spitting in our face.

I went nuts when Texas beat USC, but now I wish they had lost.

I nominate this for POY! (Post of the year!) :highfive: :trophy:

Porky
01-28-2006, 02:44 PM
This is getting old quick. It's honestly turning me off of VY because his fans are such whiners, that is becoming a huge turnoff. I am thinking of changing my avatar and sig. Who wants to be associated with a bunch of crybaby's. I feel like breaking out a rattle and some diapers.

There are roughly 130 some odd D1 schools, not to mention numerous D2 and lower schools. There are 53 roster spots. The Texans don't have a single player from Oklahoma. Is there a conspiracy there too? There are tons of OK graduates and fans here. They don't have any players from Penn State either. I guess there is a bias against Penn State too. And tsk tsk, not a one from Vanderbilt. Their alumni association should really be up in arms about this.

The whole thing is so silly, it's really not worth discussing, so I will leave you to your paranoia. I hope you have fun, both of you. :stirpot:

Hookem Horns
01-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Dude, your username is Hookem Horns...we're not stupid

Actually, I took the name Hookem Horns as a play on the Bull on the Texans helmet. However, if it is causing confusion I can change it. If it has to refer to the school I attended I will change my username.

Marcus
01-28-2006, 02:57 PM
So you can complain about people wanting someone from their hometown, but the Longhorn hating has to stop.

It's too late. Longhorn fans have already done enough to make me root against that team forever. The utter distaste I have for their fanbase makes me want to puke.

Mr. White
01-28-2006, 03:00 PM
On this MB, all this BS about college loyalty really needs to go away. If people want to sound off, fine. Knock yourself out. Let's chalk up Derrick Johnson being passed over to drafting ineptitude rather than a conspiracy or a bias against UT.

To everyone else, don't let the Horns who are pi$$ing you off speak for the rest of the Longhorn homers. Just like we shouldn't let the Aggies on here that are horses' @ $ $ E $ speak for the rest of the people they claim to represent.

Your favorite college has sites with MBs on them. Save all that BS for those boards.

TheOgre
01-28-2006, 03:00 PM

That is just plain rude, Dude.

Wolf
01-28-2006, 03:07 PM
I am hoping this ship gets turned around I couldn't imagine what ..well yes I can ...if we somehow have a disasterous season next year and we trade down to get some linemen..

I guess we could insert Quinn where Young is and IF Peterson has a good season and declares .. we'd exchange his name with Bush.

I think I need a beer now.

TheOgre
01-28-2006, 03:07 PM
This is getting old quick. It's honestly turning me off of VY because his fans are such whiners, that is becoming a huge turnoff. I am thinking of changing my avatar and sig. Who wants to be associated with a bunch of crybaby's. I feel like breaking out a rattle and some diapers.

Porky,
That is exactly what turned me off of the Young Love Boat. I think we need to refer to this as the Man Crush Award.

Previous Man Crush Winners
Sean Taylor in 2004
D.J. in 2005
Bush before the War of the Roses was the favorite for the award, but now it is Young and the Restless (fans) in 2006

Who will be the "we have to have this guy or else..." player in 2007? Adrian Peterson is my early favorite despite going to Bosworth U . Brady Quinn will be on the list too if we don't draft Young, and Carr doesn't have a stellar year. Any other early picks for the 2007 draft Man Crush Award?

TheOgre
01-28-2006, 03:08 PM
I think I need a beer now.

Best comment on the thread yet.:stirpot:

Wolf
01-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Porky,
That is exactly what turned me off of the Young Love Boat. I think we need to refer to this as the Man Crush Award.

Previous Man Crush Winners
Sean Taylor in 2004
D.J. in 2005
Bush before the War of the Roses was the favorite for the award, but now it is Young and the Restless (fans) in 2006

Who will be the "we have to have this guy or else..." player in 2007? Adrian Peterson is my early favorite despite going to Bosworth U . Brady Quinn will be on the list too if we don't draft Young, and Carr doesn't have a stellar year. Any other early picks for the 2007 draft Man Crush Award?

we are thinking the same thing Grid

Bobo
01-28-2006, 03:25 PM
I know Longhorn football is big in Texas but this is nuts! People calling for Vince Young because he is a Longhorn? People questioning if you like the Kubiak hire because he was an Aggie? David Carr is the man in Houston and Kubiak has the background to be a great coach. It is just amazing to see people saying that they will no longer be a Houston Texans fan if we don't get Young. I think those fans are already gone and were never really behind the Texans 100% to begin with. Keep in mind that this is the NFL and college is different from it. Keep the two seperated. The Texans need to do what's best for them and it makes no difference what college background that help comes from.

I don't like Kubiak because I believe he was a poor choice -- Aggie or no Aggie. He has no NFL head coach experience and spent the whole season as OC of Denver up in the box -- he has no experience as a sidelines coach as well. Plus, as OC with Denver after Elway, his record with a loaded Broncs team was spotty at best. Yes, his team made the playoffs a few times. But in most cases they were laughed out of the tournament in the first round. Plus, he had a 7-9 and 9-7 mark in there -- not too good for a team with a lot more talent than the Texans have. Heck, if he can't help a decent Broncs team to better than a 7-9/9-7 record, do you REALLY expect him to do much with a young, green Texans team that went 2-14 last year? My prediction -- oh yes, they will improve. If you think 3-13 or 4-12 is an improvement.

Caesar
01-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Heck, if he can't help a decent Broncs team to better than a 7-9/9-7 record, do you REALLY expect him to do much with a young, green Texans team that went 2-14 last year? My prediction -- oh yes, they will improve. If you think 3-13 or 4-12 is an improvement.
Good point. The smartest thing for the Texans to do if they want a significant improvement right away is to trade the pick. The Texans have so many holes, they need all the picks they can get, and the sure don't need to be picking a player at one of the few positions where they DON'T need help.

Whether they take Bush or Young, the Texans will be very fortunate to win 5 games next year. The difference is, people would be much more tolerant with Vince Young than they would with Bush. After the 2-14 '05 fiasco, the Texans need all the public realtions help it can get, but I don't expect the Texans to have sense enough to see this.

Bobo
01-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Good point. The smartest thing for the Texans to do if they want a significant improvement right away is to trade the pick. The Texans have so many holes, they need all the picks they can get, and the sure don't need to be picking a player at one of the few positions where they DON'T need help.

Whether they take Bush or Young, the Texans will be very fortunate to win 5 games next year. The difference is, people would be much more tolerant with Vince Young than they would with Bush. After the 2-14 '05 fiasco, the Texans need all the public realtions help it can get, but I don't expect the Texans to have sense enough to see this.

I agree. :redtowel:

edo783
01-28-2006, 04:54 PM
It's too late. Longhorn fans have already done enough to make me root against that team forever. The utter distaste I have for their fanbase makes me want to puke.

I suspect there is a WHOLE lot folks puking over the UT fan base and have now turned on them, Vinny and ANYTHING remotely associated with UT, out of spite for their actions and whiner, picked on mentality.

Caesar
01-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Yes, we Texas fans are so demanding and unreasonable. The Texans have systematically disriminated against our players since year one, while failing to neglect their aggie fans (players, and now coaches) and we're upset about it. How silly of us.

We're such distasteful people for questioning why we should be loyal to franchise that cares nothing about us. It is our privelege to pay our hard earned money on tickets & merchandise, because I'm sure they don't need our money. We should just shut up and be happy about them avoiding our players in favor of lesser talent. Afterall, the personel decisions of the Texans management have gotten us so far, they must know what they're doing. :rolleyes:

Carr Bombed
01-28-2006, 05:05 PM
I don't like Kubiak because I believe he was a poor choice -- Aggie or no Aggie. He has no NFL head coach experience and spent the whole season as OC of Denver up in the box -- he has no experience as a sidelines coach as well. Plus, as OC with Denver after Elway, his record with a loaded Broncs team was spotty at best. Yes, his team made the playoffs a few times. But in most cases they were laughed out of the tournament in the first round. Plus, he had a 7-9 and 9-7 mark in there -- not too good for a team with a lot more talent than the Texans have. Heck, if he can't help a decent Broncs team to better than a 7-9/9-7 record, do you REALLY expect him to do much with a young, green Texans team that went 2-14 last year? My prediction -- oh yes, they will improve. If you think 3-13 or 4-12 is an improvement. Wow if the only thing you can do is pull out a 7-9 year and a 9-7 year (which isn't bad) out of 11 years then you are really reaching. Especially when during that stretch they had THREE different starting QBs and playing in one of the toughest divisions (Remember Oakland went to the Superbowl and multiple playoff appearences and KC is always strong).

I swear somethimes I thing Bobo is Capers' alias. Also as far as you saying Kubiak is up in the box, he was the freaking Offensive Coordinator, there are many O coordinators that coach from the box so they can see the feild and the match ups. Also he didn't strictly coach from the box I have tape of him on the sidelines as well and have tape of him getting up in players grill and if you want us to believe in this man's 15 year+ coaching career that he has no sideline experience your crazy.
Capers you got fired, give it up all ready and concentrate on Miami

Carr Bombed
01-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Yes, we Texas fans are so demanding and unreasonable. The Texans have systematically disriminated against our players since year one, while failing to neglect their aggie fans (players, and now coaches) and we're upset about it. How silly of us.

We're such distasteful people for questioning why we should be loyal to franchise that cares nothing about us. It is our privelege to pay our hard earned money on tickets & merchandise, because I'm sure they don't need our money. We should just shut up and be happy about them avoiding our players in favor of lesser talent. Afterall, the personel decisions of the Texans management have gotten us so far, they must know what they're doing. :rolleyes: THIS ISN'T TEXAS, THIS IS THE NNNNNNFFFFFFLLLLL, For the love of god. You act like TEXAS was the best program for the last 4 years. Oklahoma had a better program then they did before this year and we didn't take any of their players.

You live in a crazy reality if you think our staff is sitting in the draft war room holding Aggie fraternity meetings, passing up Horn players. Most of our Organization isn't even from Texas, the NFL is nation WIDE, we look at ALL player from accross the COUNTRY. There is only ONE player you can make a case for and that is DJ, ever other player we didn't have a chance to "in your words pass up" and if we took any others it would of been a reach.

You act like the whole fanbase is made up of Horn fans, its not. There are many fans that don't give a RATS *** about the horns.

I'm a horn fan, but when saturday is over and its SUNDAY I take off the orange and put on the Steel Blue.

If all you care about is burnt orange then go to another message board, you are making people hate the UT

Marcus
01-28-2006, 05:28 PM
If all you care about is burnt orange then go to another message board, you are making people hate the UT

It's still January for the love of God! I knew eventually, a major backlash against the UT fanbase would be coming bigtime, but I figured the earliest would be late Feb, early March. There will be a serious :rolleyes: drive to burn UT to the ground by April, if this keeps up.

Buffi2
01-28-2006, 05:32 PM
you are making people hate the UT
:yahoo: You speak the truth! The TV folks may find a sudden drop next year of Houston area viewers of UT games. Since UT is one of the top 5 college teams for TV viewing - this could have monumental repercussions!:rolleyes:

Carr Bombed
01-28-2006, 05:33 PM
It's still January for the love of God! I knew eventually, a major backlash against the UT fanbase would be coming bigtime, but I figured the earliest would be late Feb, early March. There will be a serious :rolleyes: drive to burn UT to the ground by April, if this keeps up.

Its a shame, because I love the longhorns, but I am getting so irritated with this crap.

Now I know exactly how Jag fans felt when their board was flooded with irrational razorback Fans, but this situation is ten X worst than that.

MorKnolle
01-28-2006, 05:41 PM
I don't like Kubiak because I believe he was a poor choice -- Aggie or no Aggie. He has no NFL head coach experience and spent the whole season as OC of Denver up in the box -- he has no experience as a sidelines coach as well. Plus, as OC with Denver after Elway, his record with a loaded Broncs team was spotty at best. Yes, his team made the playoffs a few times. But in most cases they were laughed out of the tournament in the first round. Plus, he had a 7-9 and 9-7 mark in there -- not too good for a team with a lot more talent than the Texans have. Heck, if he can't help a decent Broncs team to better than a 7-9/9-7 record, do you REALLY expect him to do much with a young, green Texans team that went 2-14 last year? My prediction -- oh yes, they will improve. If you think 3-13 or 4-12 is an improvement.

Just an FYI, since 1995 when Shanahan and Kubiak took over the Broncos, they have been #1 over the 11 seasons in scoring offense and rushing offense, not too spotty if you ask me.

OzzO
01-28-2006, 06:21 PM
If the Texans take Young - the fans will not be tolerant as mentioned above. They'll want him starting in the preseason after Carr's first incomplete or 2 yard gain... don't act like you'll wait.

Speaking of, McNair is looking for immediate wins - takeing a QB with the first pick to ride the bench is not going to result in immediate wins. He realizes the fans can't sit through another season like the last and hope to retain the "casual" fan base - whether that's the bandwaggoners, the take VY or I'll pout, or the "man, I REALLY want to be able to tell them I said so" (though not sure what points one gets when they can tell another so... maybe it makes 'em feel good.

I see more of a Bush (to follow appreantly what the rest of the NFL nation thinks) or trade down. Wondering about where's the next #2 WR as well. I see more upside of Carr, Bush, DD, AJ than Carr, DD, AJ (with Vince on the bench). If Young goes to the Titans and succeeds, good for him - he's proven to do well to this point in his career. However, if he's the next S. McNair protege... well, we beat the Titans with S. McNair...

Carr most likely will get the extension, maybe even for 3 years... but like mentioned on 610, having the longer contract may look better to other teams if it does come to a trade in the future.

As for the UT nation holding the Texans hostage... dream on. Just like any team, there's the fans, and then the extremists. I think McNair is focusing on the fans and what's best for the team, as the extremists come and go with the flavor of the month. For the post that mentioned the Texans don't listen to the fans... pfft... haven't been around the past 4 years? They'll listen and take it into account - if it makes good business sense - they'll do it.

I don't think I know it all and have all the answers, but it's good to see some posters have less of a clue than I.

swisher
01-28-2006, 07:12 PM

You really should just step away from the keyboard. You're losing credibility with every sentence you write.

Bobo
01-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Just an FYI, since 1995 when Shanahan and Kubiak took over the Broncos, they have been #1 over the 11 seasons in scoring offense and rushing offense, not too spotty if you ask me.

If they were so good, then why did they get rid of Griese? If they were so great, then where were all the AFC championship games and Super Bowl appearances following Elway? If they were so great, then what about all those early, lopsided, laughable losses in the playoffs with a loaded team? Yes, that is indeed spotty. VERY spotty. Bad, bad choice and by midseason you will be wondering if the Texans are even worth tuning in to watch.

Señor Stan
01-28-2006, 09:35 PM

We're such distasteful people for questioning why we should be loyal to franchise that cares nothing about us. It is our privelege to pay our hard earned money on tickets & merchandise, because I'm sure they don't need our money. We should just shut up and be happy about them avoiding our players in favor of lesser talent. Afterall, the personel decisions of the Texans management have gotten us so far, they must know what they're doing. :rolleyes:

Would you please quit spewing this tripe? I posted every Day One Longhorn selection a page or so back. Care to elaborate on the "systematic discrimination." You can't.

Admit it. You were jonesing for DJ and didn't get him. Don't try to paint it as an overarching conspiracy. Why don't you go pollute a Cowboy's message board. They passed on DJ a few picks before the Texans did.

You give rational Longhorn fans and VY supporters a bad name.

Bobo
01-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Wow if the only thing you can do is pull out a 7-9 year and a 9-7 year (which isn't bad) out of 11 years then you are really reaching. Especially when during that stretch they had THREE different starting QBs and playing in one of the toughest divisions (Remember Oakland went to the Superbowl and multiple playoff appearences and KC is always strong).

I swear somethimes I thing Bobo is Capers' alias. Also as far as you saying Kubiak is up in the box, he was the freaking Offensive Coordinator, there are many O coordinators that coach from the box so they can see the feild and the match ups. Also he didn't strictly coach from the box I have tape of him on the sidelines as well and have tape of him getting up in players grill and if you want us to believe in this man's 15 year+ coaching career that he has no sideline experience your crazy.
Capers you got fired, give it up all ready and concentrate on Miami

7-9/9-7 for a team that is loaded (remember, the Texans finished 7-9 in 2004) and has been to the Super Bowl on two occasions is indeed bad. Fact is, once Elway was gone they didn't do so well. I am glad you admitted that Kubiak was indeed up in the box. Many OCs and defensive coordinators are NOT in that box and are on the sidelines. That makes them more qualified than Kubiak. Perhaps the fact that he wasn't on the sidelines is the reason it took him so long to finally land a HC job. But the fact that you saw him down on the field screaming at a player certainly reassures me. I guess that gives him probably as much time on the field as the guest cheerleaders for the Texans. Fact is, this guy is up in the clouds most of the time and knows nothing about coaching players from the sidelines -- let alone having NFL experience as a HC. And THIS is the guy the Texans hire as a HC?

Wolf
01-28-2006, 09:42 PM
7-9/9-7 for a team that is loaded (remember, the Texans finished 7-9 in 2004) and has been to the Super Bowl on two occasions is indeed bad. Fact is, once Elway was gone they didn't do so well. I am glad you admitted that Kubiak was indeed up in the box. Many OCs and defensive coordinators are NOT in that box and are on the sidelines. That makes them more qualified than Kubiak. Perhaps the fact that he wasn't on the sidelines is the reason it took him so long to finally land a HC job. But the fact that you saw him down on the field screaming at a player certainly reassures me. I guess that gives him probably as much time on the field as the guest cheerleaders for the Texans. Fact is, this guy is up in the clouds most of the time and knows nothing about coaching players from the sidelines -- let alone having NFL experience as a HC. And THIS is the guy the Texans hire as a HC?

I bet you said the same thing about Jeff Fisher ..
I mean why can't we see what he does and gets the whole staff together before we start the "fire Kubiak" threads.

Bobo
01-28-2006, 09:47 PM
I bet you said the same thing about Jeff Fisher ..
I mean why can't we see what he does and gets the whole staff together before we start the "fire Kubiak" threads.

I wish they WOULD fire him before he screws up the team. He was an awful, awful choice. At least Jeff Fisher spent his time on the football field!

Wolf
01-28-2006, 09:54 PM
I wish they WOULD fire him before he screws up the team. He was an awful, awful choice. At least Jeff Fisher spent his time on the football field!
What does that matter? Capers has been on the field. Mike Martz has been on the field.. Jim Haslett has been on the field and the list goes on and they all got fired..

What is so horrible about Kubiak? He has worked in a successfull system in Denver... For me,I'd love to have Jeff Fisher but that is another story.

Only question I have with Kubiak is assistant coaches... I'd like to have a DC that has some experience (being Kubiak doesn't on the "d" side of it) OC .. I'd like to see Sherman so the Texan STAFF has some experience

HoustonFan
01-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Can't wait for the season to start. *random comment :ok:

edo783
01-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Come one folks, Caesar & Bobo are just trolls who say whack job BS that sets off a post fire storm. They are just duffuses that are looking to get people wound up. I suspect them to be the same person (don't know though) as they post around each other all the time. Probably just a couple of pimply faced guys who's stones haven't even dropped yet. Quit reacting to the incredibly stupid BS thay are spewing and they will go away.

Carr Bombed
01-29-2006, 12:03 AM
7-9/9-7 for a team that is loaded (remember, the Texans finished 7-9 in 2004) and has been to the Super Bowl on two occasions is indeed bad. Fact is, once Elway was gone they didn't do so well. I am glad you admitted that Kubiak was indeed up in the box. Many OCs and defensive coordinators are NOT in that box and are on the sidelines. That makes them more qualified than Kubiak. Perhaps the fact that he wasn't on the sidelines is the reason it took him so long to finally land a HC job. But the fact that you saw him down on the field screaming at a player certainly reassures me. I guess that gives him probably as much time on the field as the guest cheerleaders for the Texans. Fact is, this guy is up in the clouds most of the time and knows nothing about coaching players from the sidelines -- let alone having NFL experience as a HC. And THIS is the guy the Texans hire as a HC?Capers we let you go, let it go and move on.

The Denver Broncos weren't a loaded team, which is the reason why they took a chance on a aging all-pro safety in Lynch, traded their all-pro runningback for a "shutdown" corner, which is the reason why they took a gamble on the browns past high draft picked Dline, they were lacking on defense thats why the Colts blew them out two years in a row (defense has nothing to do with Kubiak)

Stop running around spewing "The Broncos were a loaded team", "The Broncos were a loaded team" and then offer nothing to support your argument, your arguments have no substance whatsoever.

A team that goes through 11 years only to have one season where they came up a game short of a 500. record has something to be very proud of.

Name me another team with that kind of success, especially one that did it with THREE different QBs at the helm, thats right YOU CAN'T!!!

Many teams go through rebuilding periods through that kind of span, including the Broncos and yet while they were retooling they only had one loosing season.

The very points you make don't even support your argument that he is a bad coach and make you look foolish.

Also will you let go "Kubiak was in the box" in fact I never noticed him in the box I just took you word for it, but now I don't know how credible the source is.

Anyways it doesn't matter like I said MANY, MANY OCs coach from the box, the calls come from up above, why the hell do you think the head coach has head phones on, to relay messages 5 feet down the sideline to his offensive coordinator, do you even watch football. A offensive coordinator can't wait for print outs, he has to watch the defense in real time and has to see the entire field, it only makes sense for him to be up above.

I'm tired of you saying the Broncos haven't done anything since Elway. A team can't win the Superbowl every year. Thats like saying the Colts haven't done anything since Unitas. The Broncos have had MANY winning records and postseason appearences since Elway and Elway never won a Superbowl prior to the arrival of Kubiak, it goes both ways.

Elway's winning percentage before Kubiak: .607
Eway's winning percentage after Kubiak: 733

Elway's carrer passer rating before Kubiak: 76.8
Elway's carrer passer rating after Kubiak: 88.7

The guy has three superbowl rings and has ran the best and most consistent offense over the past decade

Carr Bombed
01-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Come one folks, Caesar & Bobo are just trolls who say whack job BS that sets off a post fire storm. They are just duffuses that are looking to get people wound up. I suspect them to be the same person (don't know though) as they post around each other all the time. Probably just a couple of pimply faced guys who's stones haven't even dropped yet. Quit reacting to the incredibly stupid BS thay are spewing and they will go away. opps...... sorry didn't see your post.

Mr. White
01-29-2006, 12:25 AM
:locked: Please...please...this thread is screaming for it. No offense to people that can appreciate the other side of an argument.

Erratic Assassin
01-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Sorry I was slow on the uptake. I have a co-worker that actually does say Moo point and it drives me nuts.

Annoyed co-worker: Steely Dan is not one person, we get fringe benefits, not French benefits, it's not the Leaning Tower of Pizza, and James Dean was an actor- Jimmy Dean makes sausage.

Clueless co-worker: So we don't get French benefits?

Carr Bombed
01-29-2006, 12:30 AM
:locked: Please...please...this thread is screaming for it. No offense to people that can appreciate the other side of an argument. what "other side of the argument" this thread has turned into dozens of sides and has now got off subject (even though the original subject was rediculous) and turned into a "is Kubes the right guy or even head coach material".

Mr. White
01-29-2006, 12:37 AM
what "other side of the argument" this thread has turned into dozens of sides and has now got off subject (even though the original subject was rediculous) and turned into a "is Kubes the right guy or even head coach material".

LOL. I think you and me really agree on this one (or at least most of it.) My post wasn't a response to yours.

Carr Bombed
01-29-2006, 12:46 AM
LOL. I think you and me really agree on this one (or at least most of it.) My post wasn't a response to yours. I know, its just that after enduring a 2-14 season, now we have to go through this all offseason. When are we going to catch a freaking break.
When are the football gods going to shine down upon us, wasn't the 35 point blown lead after halftime, or having to watch or recently departed team go to the superbowl good enough. (atleast they came up a yard short :) ) good ol' oliers

Mr. White
01-29-2006, 12:57 AM
When are the football gods going to shine down upon us, wasn't the 35 point blown lead after halftime, or having to watch or recently departed team go to the superbowl good enough. (atleast they came up a yard short :) ) good ol' oliers

As a lifelong Oilers fan who felt sleighted when they left town, I kinda liked watching them come up one yard short of a Super Bowl victory. The ultimate Oilers choke job... now they're somebody else's problem. I guess Ol' Bud got the short end of the stick on his deal with the devil.

I think the Texans are destined to do better. Uncle Bob's been looking out for us from the very beginning.