PDA

View Full Version : The Texans are doing a great job in making me hate this team

TexansFight
01-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Let me lay down my credentials. I grew up in Houston and grew up being a diehard Houston sports fan. I lived and breathed Oilers football and whenever they lost I was down until Wednesday. Even now that I live in New York I follow all the Houston sports teams via the internet and listen to Houston sports talk over the internet and I make it home often to attend at least 3 Texans games a year.

I have been around these message boards for a while. In fact I was on the LA Times message board starting around 1999 discussing the expansion process and one of the Houston posters even went to the Chicago for the owner's meeting. I was ecstatic when we were awarded another team and loved the logo (not really the name) and was excited about everything about our new team. I own field box PSLs with my family and have spent a lot of money on this team. I thought with McNair we would have a golden age of football in Houston and that we finally had the owner we always deserved.

Well things haven't worked out so well. We had one of the most incompetent coaching staffs in NFL history over the past 4 years. These guys should have been gone a long time ago. McNair has let Casserly and his Reign of Error destroy the expansion bounty of draft picks and free agents which should have laid a foundation for success for this team. He has not addressed the offensive line since the beginning and he has made egregious errors that all of us know about. I have hated his drafts since the beginning. I was fine with Carr at the time but the rest of his picks even in that first draft were average to terrible. That Casserly still has a job is ridiculous.

Basically, I love Houston and am a Houston homer all the way around. However, if the Texans pass on VY and pick Bush instead that will be the final nail in the coffin for me as a fan of this team. I have great amount of anger towards this team. I feel that McNair sticks with losers like Carr and Capers way too long and is not proactive enough. The albatross, Casserly, is not going to admit to his mistake with Carr. We have witnessed boring football and a try not to make the score not like bad while not trying to win attitude that drove me crazy.

If the Texans want to be the Texags and associate with the losing tradition of aggy football that is fine by me. But they won't have me as a fan and I will root against them with great vigor. I am not alone in this regard. Checkout hornfans.com and see what other Houston UT fans have to say about this. A team that will pass on VY who would recapture the excitement we all felt when we beat the Cowboys in the first game multiplied by ten and would rather keep Carr is no team of mine. This is such a no brainer yet these guys will screw it up. I am so angry and disheartened by this team. Y'all can have Kubiag and the rest of these losers while I won't have team anymore like when the Oilers left. I will root for whatever team VY is on and hope that he will kill the Texans.

Kaiser Toro
01-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Didn't the price of gasoline just shoot up? Get ready for some flames....

BradK10
01-27-2006, 02:19 PM
there's the door...and i hope it hits you square in the rear on the way out

go check out other team's forums...people here are the only ones enamored with Vince

Xman
01-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Good Riddance

infantrycak
01-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Sounds like a personal problem.

TheOgre
01-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Aren't you the lawyer that talks about sueing them all of the time, or do I have you confused with another fair weather fan?

SteelBlueToro
01-27-2006, 02:31 PM
There are 31 other teams that need fans. Take off!

SBTexans08
01-27-2006, 02:32 PM
You don't seem like a real Texans fan to me. See ya!

donbmt
01-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Your last paragrah gives you away, go crawl back in the burnt orange hole you came from.

Long Baller
01-27-2006, 02:35 PM
LATER

I went to UT, own PSL's and think VY is assume as well, but whatever management decides I am behind them. It would be a great story and I am sure he would be exciting to watch, but I personnally think QB is not our possition of greatest need.

Enjoy your new team: at least until they make a move you do not approve of...

Runner
01-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Another ode to Vince Young played on a rusty trombone.

Bubbajwp
01-27-2006, 02:39 PM
You are doing a great job in making me hate you.

Bye.:loser

sportsguyla
01-27-2006, 02:40 PM
You arent a real fan.

Grid
01-27-2006, 02:41 PM
your history with the Houston franchise is no more extensive or strenuous than thousands of other Houston fans. I imagine there are a good deal more people on this board who have an even greater history of Houston "fandom" than you.. and they make no threats of "quitting on the team" because a player they like may not be drafted.

This is a team sport, and if you arent capable of being a fan of the TEAM..then I recommend following a sport that is less cumbersome to your hero worship... like Tennis, Golf, Boxing, or Nascar.

In football.. a teams success depends on alot more than one player.. no matter what position he plays. Our staff will make the choice that is best for this team.. and if you cant accept that, then leave. You wont be missed.

D-ReK
01-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Later, man...

See you on the bandwagon in a couple years...

Chance_C
01-27-2006, 02:42 PM
I hope that was your last post

whiskeyrbl
01-27-2006, 02:44 PM
You fail to realize McNair was a rookie Owner 4 years ago,and probably listened to alot of "Football savy experts".I think he learned his lesson and probably has a little more game sense than he did in 2002.So good luck with your VY.I am starting to wonder how Pro Football existed all these years without Vince.:stirpot:

jerek
01-27-2006, 02:45 PM
I could get verbose, but I won't, because I would be wasting my time. Though I actually read your entire post against my better judgment, hoping to salvage one piece of useful information or sentiment that I had perhaps missed out on, alas I did not find it. Deuces to you and the horse you rode in on. I won't lose any sleep tonight.

Exascor
01-27-2006, 02:48 PM
You love VY because he is a good player that went to UT. You hate Kubiak because he went to A&M. Weak. Is there a point to this post other than as flamebait? :locked:

Long Baller
01-27-2006, 02:49 PM
"Another ode to Vince Young played on a rusty trombone."

have you ever seen vince young play? the only thing that looks rusty are the defenders

Rose bowl
reggie bush 177 total yds
Vince Young 467 total yds

on the same field, it was obvious who carried leadership and his team, why would anyone NOT want that for the Texans??

I don't think anyone has ever debated that VY isn't good/great, but this is a football decision not a decision about who you want to see.

Let's pick VY, trade our 2nd and 3rd and move back into the 1st and pick Huff then we can come back with our other 3rd and pick Thomas. Happy now???

TexansFight
01-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Pray tell what have the Texans done to earn the various "superfans" on this board's undying loyalty. This is not the Oilers the team most of you grew up with. This is a new team that should be concerned about connecting with and making fans. I could never drop the Oilers because my love and devotion to them started when I was a kid and had withstood the ups and downs. Do you guys have any fond memories of guys like Moon, Jeffires, Childress, et al. leading the Texans to the playoffs. Hell no. Even the embarrassing **** about the Oilers were endearing to me like Jerry Glanville and Ladd Herzeg mooning a wedding in Buffalo.

I would think that as a NEW team the Texans would be concerned about not royally pissing off THOUSANDS of fans in their own city. I am not some blind VY homer who wants him here at all costs. If we had a Carson Palmer type at QB I would not be banging the drums for VY. Again, I can live with trading down. That probably makes the most sense football wise. However, if we want to be bold and go for the gold we would draft VY. The return will not be immediate but it will be sweeter in the end as he will take us to Super Bowl and win one for us. True Houston football fans know how much it would mean to us to make it the Super Bowl for the first time. We have been wanting to go forever. Stick with David Carr and you will be lucky to reach the playoffs instead of forming a dominant team.

D-ReK
01-27-2006, 02:58 PM
I would think that as a NEW team the Texans would be concerned about not royally pissing off THOUSANDS of fans in their own city. I am not some blind VY homer who wants him here at all costs. If we had a Carson Palmer type at QB I would not be banging the drums for VY. Again, I can live with trading down. That probably makes the most sense football wise. However, if we want to be bold and go for the gold we would draft VY. The return will not be immediate but it will be sweeter in the end as he will take us to Super Bowl and win one for us. True Houston football fans know how much it would mean to us to make it the Super Bowl for the first time. We have been wanting to go forever. Stick with David Carr and you will be lucky to reach the playoffs instead of forming a dominant team.

The bottom line is this: some fans may be pissed if we pass on Young, oh well...Fans want a winning team, so once we start winning again, the Young fans will come back...

Vinny
01-27-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm pretty dissapointed in the McNair led effort myself TexansFight. It's ok to express an opinion around here, but people will bash you for not thinking like the core group. I wish the posters would give football related or field related opinion more than just bash the posters who do not think in unison.

Bayou City Deacon
01-27-2006, 03:00 PM
I could never drop the Oilers because my love and devotion to them started when I was a kid and had withstood the ups and downs.

Seeing as the Oilers are the team slated to draft Vince, I don't see what the big deal is.

Grid
01-27-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty dissapointed in the McNair led effort myself TexansFight. It's ok to express an opinion around here, but people will bash you for not thinking like the core group. I wish the posters would give football related or field related opinion more than just bash the posters who do not think in unison.

People who voice their opinion may get some flak for it but for the most part their opinion is heard and debated.

Saying that you will quit being a fan if you dont get your way is not going to win anyone over though. I wouldnt expect fans of the Texans to react any other way than this.

Vinny
01-27-2006, 03:03 PM
People who voice their opinion may get some flak for it but for the most part their opinion is heard and debated. I read all the posts...you aren't educating me.

Runner
01-27-2006, 03:03 PM

have you ever seen vince young play? the only thing that looks rusty are the defenders

Rose bowl

on the same field, it was obvious who carried leadership and his team, why would anyone NOT want that for the Texans??

I guess I wasn't clear - I didn't say VY played like a rusty trombone. I was referring to the diatribe in the first post as sounding as an ode from a rusty trombone.

I usually respond to the "did you watch the games" type question by saying no, because such ad hominem attacks are useless. However I will answer this time.

The three games I really sat and watched him were the past two Rose Bowls and the Ohio State game. So I guess you could say I've seen him at his best.

I think Vince Young is a fine collegiate football player. Sadly, like any other player who has never played a down in the NFL he is unproven at that level - just like Bush, Leniart, D-Brick and everyone else in the draft. No one is a sure thing. Posts that guarantee hall of fame and super bowls due to one player just weaken the credibility of the poster, and unfortunately, similar posters.

chall8
01-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Dude, wish I could defend you as I'm a Longhorn, too, but you're on your own with this one.

Grid
01-27-2006, 03:05 PM
I read all the posts...you aren't educating me.

you might find the second part of my post more educating then :P.

SBTexans08
01-27-2006, 03:05 PM

Rose bowl

This is a poorly made post!!

Reggie Bush, 177 rushing/receving comined and 1 TD against the #2 defense in the country. Bush ran the ball 13 times for 82 yards for a 6.3 AVG....do you know how crazy those stats are?? That's great!! He had 95 yards through the air, receiving 6 for 95 yards and a 15.8 avg. receiving. And all this against the #2 defense.

Meanwhile....VY went against a 43 ranked USC defense and threw for ZERO TDs.

In your post...it seems as if you're implying that Bush is trash when compared the Young. However....they play different positions and in reality....Bush made a huge impact according to his stats. Keep in mind that he was also limited in his touches on the ball. Why? That's up to the USC coaching staff....not at all Bush's fault. Imagine if he would have touched the ball more......I guarantee you that Texas doesn't want to imagine cause at the pace he was on....he could have embarrassed their highly praised #2 defense.

Hookem Horns
01-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Better get used to my avatar. Yes, that will be the ultimate ****** slap to any longtime Houston fan. For the record, I will stop watching football altogether before I would ever root Bud, I don't care if he drafts JC.

Kaiser Toro
01-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Pray tell what have the Texans done to earn the various "superfans" on this board's undying loyalty. This is not the Oilers the team most of you grew up with. This is a new team that should be concerned about connecting with and making fans. I could never drop the Oilers because my love and devotion to them started when I was a kid and had withstood the ups and downs. Do you guys have any fond memories of guys like Moon, Jeffires, Childress, et al. leading the Texans to the playoffs. Hell no. Even the embarrassing **** about the Oilers were endearing to me like Jerry Glanville and Ladd Herzeg mooning a wedding in Buffalo.

Many of the fans who responded come from different walks of life in the "what to do this off season" debate. There were some VY, Bush and trade down advocates. Also there were some Carr bashers and profound UT homers.

In the last three weeks we have debated this conundrum six ways to Sunday and what I think that is really being spouted out here from the other posters is that they are just tired.

Spend some time surfing the multitude of posts and you will find plenty of viewpoints that are just like yours, your view is represented very well here in my opinion. Keep coming back as I assure you we have many conflicting personalities and opinions here to entertain and make one think.

run-david-run
01-27-2006, 03:13 PM
I stopped readind about half way through. Seriously, having followed Houston sports for 30 years does not give you more ethos then someone who is a new Texan fan (although they are few and far between thses days). Thats like me saying that my opinion is more credible because I have close to 1300 posts and you only have 50! You know what, Carr threw for 48 TD's and 4800 yards in college. There is no guarantee anything you do in college will translate, especially when you play in a system completly differant from what the Texans will run and when your team is at the bottom of the barell in terms of talent, not the most talented or second most talanted team in the country, probably one of the best teams in history...

Exascor
01-27-2006, 03:15 PM
I would think that as a NEW team the Texans would be concerned about not royally pissing off THOUSANDS of fans in their own city.I would think that a new team would do what it thinks it takes to win and not attempt to satisfy fans of a University. I have no ties to either school and am torn between Young, Bush or trade down. I'll be happy with whatever they decide. Any temper tantrum thrown by fans because someone on the team isn't THEIR choice should be ignored as fans the team can do without. As soon as the team starts winning, they'll jump right back on the bandwagon.

Winning cures everything.

EDIT: Spelling

SESupergenius
01-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Let me guess, you went to UT right? And naturally you have a feud with Aggies. What this has to do with the Texans, I really have no idea. I havn't been happy with a numberous things the Texans have done and have been pretty vilified for going against the Homer norm. But it's clear to me that VY isn't our only solution. If we picked Bush, then ok, because DD can't last a season. If we picked VY, ok, we've shown Carr he's got a short leash to prove himself and compete ala Brees/Rivers. If we tradeded down and draft [insert player] and picked up additional draft picks then ok, we are trying to mend badly broken team in a shorter period of time. The point is, you can't say player X is the savior of this team. And realistically Capers had 1 bad year, last year, but every year before that he showed stead increase. I contend if it wasn't for the offseason miscues we had last year our team would have done better. We took a step back. But now that we are revamping the whole coaching staff it's going to take time to right this ship. To say you won't be a fan if we don't get VY is rediculous because I'm sure Ryan Leaf fans were thinking the same thing.

Double Barrel
01-27-2006, 03:21 PM

Honestly, man, even the Oilers had their share of controversy. Where did two of Houston's greatest sports icons - Bum Phillips and Earl Campbell - finish their careers? (hint: not in Houston!) Read "Oiler Blues" when you get the chance, and you'll find out that Bud Adams has been one of the most hardassed owners in football (like having 6 head coaches in the first five years!!), and dude still doesn't have an NFL championship.

Players come, player go. Same for coaches. But we root for the team, not the individual.

I'm not flaming you or anything, but when you say that you're "not some blind VY homer who wants him here at all costs", everything else in your two posts indicate otherwise. You're willing to blow off an infant team (yes, 4 years is still a baby team) because they don't pick a player you like.

While I understand a desire to take certain players based upon unproven potential, you have to temper your passion with a reality check. Because being a long time fan of a team is about loyalty in spite of bad decisions, bad games, bad seasons, or bad coaches.

I hate to see the Texans lose a fan, but remember that the door will be open if/when you decide to come back into the fold. :howdy:

LBC_Justin
01-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Let me lay down my credentials. I grew up in Houston and grew up being a diehard Houston sports fan. I lived and breathed Oilers football and whenever they lost I was down until Wednesday. Even now that I live in New York I follow all the Houston sports teams via the internet and listen to Houston sports talk over the internet and I make it home often to attend at least 3 Texans games a year.

I have been around these message boards for a while. In fact I was on the LA Times message board starting around 1999 discussing the expansion process and one of the Houston posters even went to the Chicago for the owner's meeting. I was ecstatic when we were awarded another team and loved the logo (not really the name) and was excited about everything about our new team. I own field box PSLs with my family and have spent a lot of money on this team. I thought with McNair we would have a golden age of football in Houston and that we finally had the owner we always deserved.

Well things haven't worked out so well. We had one of the most incompetent coaching staffs in NFL history over the past 4 years. These guys should have been gone a long time ago. McNair has let Casserly and his Reign of Error destroy the expansion bounty of draft picks and free agents which should have laid a foundation for success for this team. He has not addressed the offensive line since the beginning and he has made egregious errors that all of us know about. I have hated his drafts since the beginning. I was fine with Carr at the time but the rest of his picks even in that first draft were average to terrible. That Casserly still has a job is ridiculous.

Basically, I love Houston and am a Houston homer all the way around. However, if the Texans pass on VY and pick Bush instead that will be the final nail in the coffin for me as a fan of this team. I have great amount of anger towards this team. I feel that McNair sticks with losers like Carr and Capers way too long and is not proactive enough. The albatross, Casserly, is not going to admit to his mistake with Carr. We have witnessed boring football and a try not to make the score not like bad while not trying to win attitude that drove me crazy.

If the Texans want to be the Texags and associate with the losing tradition of aggy football that is fine by me. But they won't have me as a fan and I will root against them with great vigor. I am not alone in this regard. Checkout hornfans.com and see what other Houston UT fans have to say about this. A team that will pass on VY who would recapture the excitement we all felt when we beat the Cowboys in the first game multiplied by ten and would rather keep Carr is no team of mine. This is such a no brainer yet these guys will screw it up. I am so angry and disheartened by this team. Y'all can have Kubiag and the rest of these losers while I won't have team anymore like when the Oilers left. I will root for whatever team VY is on and hope that he will kill the Texans.The public in all 50 states including Texas have voted Reggie Bush should be the 1st pick in the draft. (Yes this was even after VY amazing RoseBowl game.)

No fan threatens to root against the team if the draft doesn't go their way. Your not a Texans' fan. Go back to the UT website and stay away from our team.

Texans Horror
01-27-2006, 03:24 PM
You won't want to hear this, but there is a lot of good rumors going around that Reggie McNeal is coming to the Texans...and Dat Nguyen isn't retiring. That's just a ploy. He's going to be our new MLB.

On the plus side, we're keeping McKinney. :)

This isn't college ball.

jerek
01-27-2006, 03:27 PM

How is TexansFight "not in unison?" There are a good thirty or so screw-Carr-love-Vince posters that pepper this board daily. If there is a backlash, it is because his initial thread was more or less completely a temper tantrum rant and offered little to nothing of any substance in the way of making a real case for drafting Young, other than "well I'll take my ball and go home if we don't."

To which we, the kids on the playground, just have to say: trust me, you won't be missed.

houstonhurricane
01-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Chris Mortensen is the latest to call Jay Cutler the "Best quarterback available for the NFL draft come April."

Well, under your logic, let's go grab Cutler!

Mort says that this is the view of a growing number of NFL scouts, despite the media hype surrounding Vince Young and Matt Leinart. There is also growing belief that Cutler won't make it past Tennessee, the third pick of the Draft. Jan. 26 - 4:38 pm et
Source: ESPN.com Insider

Vinny
01-27-2006, 03:29 PM
No fan threatens to root against the team if the draft doesn't go their way. Your not a Texans' fan. Go back to the UT website and stay away from our team.We gain and lose fans every year due to players....some fans just follow players more than the team itself. I could name a bunch of Carr fans that wouldn't post here if Carr was gone. I've seen posters come and go as "fans" of this team due to player allegiance. It's just how it is.

TexansFight
01-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Winning cures everything.

I agree with you completely. Yet we are most likely going to pass on one of the greatest leaders in college football history for a guy who has shown us nothing on the pro level. I want our QB to be a leader.

Vinny
01-27-2006, 03:31 PM
How is TexansFight "not in unison?" There are a good thirty or so screw-Carr-love-Vince posters that pepper this board daily. If there is a backlash, it is because his initial thread was more or less completely a temper tantrum rant and offered little to nothing of any substance in the way of making a real case for drafting Young, other than "well I'll take my ball and go home if we don't."

To which we, the kids on the playground, just have to say: trust me, you won't be missed.He can have an opinion just like you. He can take his virtual ball and go home too. It's his choice.

jerek
01-27-2006, 03:35 PM
He can have an opinion just like you. He can take his virtual ball and go home too. It's his choice.

Sure, it's his choice. And I won't miss him if he does.

I've said it ten billion times: I don't agree that Vince is the savior of this team and I don't think we should draft him, all things/big picture considered. But I sit on this board daily because I love talking football and I enjoy reading the well-written opinions of other posters who have a case to make and can do so in credible fashion, even if I don't agree with some or the entirety of their conclusions. I have read plenty of good pro-Vince arguments and I have even learned a thing or two along the way, and as we get closer to the draft, I expect that I am going to enjoy this place and learn even more.

I don't like insubstantive tantrums, and I responded appropriately. Likewise, TexansFight can tell me to go **** myself if that's what he feels like typing, and if he does, so be it.

Big B Texan Fan
01-27-2006, 03:36 PM
You guys and gals who are saying good riddance to the thread author ought to be ashamed of yourselves. This ins't Philly or Cleveland nor do we have the history or tradition that they do.

TexansFight-
I feel ya. I'm in the same boat yet I still live here. I get to go to about 3-4 games a year for free cuz a friend of mine has 4 PSL's in the lower level in the 120's or 130's and he can never get people to go with him after the mid-way point of the 2nd season. I've got to admit though, when he called this season I just let the phone ring. I did go with him to the Steelers game and seen a great team make our below average team look as though we were the Conference USA All Stars. The more the season went on and losing kept mounting up I just got sick. Then my 8 yr old son, who is a USC fan due to NCAA '06, said Reggie Reggie Reggie after they lost yet another game late in the season. I think it was the Rams game. I then wound up having to help him Google up Reggie and find hilights and I walked awy impressed. So losing the last game wasn't so bad cuz it solidified getting Bush. Then the Rose Bowl came and went and VY declared and pooped my pants cuz he's the one I've wanted all along. I thought before he declared that if we still suck again next year, which we will, then we'll have a shot at VY as well. Now I'm facing the facts that our team will make a poor football decision yet again. Although I do not share your obvious hatred for Aggies nor am I a UT grad or big fan even, I still think that there is something to be said for all that.

You know, there's people on these MB's saying that Management will take of care everything and the team will be fine. Phooey on that. This team and the management have made poor decisions everystep of the way.

Casserly said when he was defending his Ragone pick, "I learned from Joe Gibbs that you can never have too many QB's". Well Cass, we're extremely thin in that category.
Cass has also said that you can find quality RB's in later rounds and then tooted his horn on finding Stephen Davis and Dominick Davis. Now he's about to add another one to an already solid stable of RB's!?
The contradictions keep mounting up out of this guys mouth and it's making me sick.

McNair said when asked about how he feels about the in-state competition with America's Team and he said "I don't need to be America's Team, I just want to be Texas' Team". All right then, here's your big chance. Does he know that all other affiliates in the state have cancelled the Texans games. They are only able to be viewed here in the greater Houston area. I guess he doesn't care about any of that anymore. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him when he said he wasn't a born Texan but that he got here as soon as he could. Well, unless he's got that bumper sticker then I find it hard to believe him when he speaks of his love for Texas. As far a I'm concerned he'll be the owner of a Used Carr Sales lot in about 3 years. He'll be lucky to get a 6th rd' pick for him given that we haven't had to re-attatch his head too many times. And no chance of rolling back the sack-ometer.

I've made comments that I'll not be a fan of the team and so on but that would be ludicrous(sp). But I will have a hard time especially if the Texans can't get it right in about a season or 3. I'll still watch and all but I will not be a die-hard anymore. Not because they don't draft VY, but because they are a wounded franchise with poor decision made and poor decision makers that still hang around. Because they feel they need a QB that takes 7 years to develope only to find that he's about as developed as he's gonna get. Because they are the laughing stock of the NFL. Because they are the next coming of the Arizona Cards.

If this team doesn't want VY then fine, just don't expect me to buy some new QB's jersey when we draft him in the 10' rookie draft when we let Carr sputter away once his 3 yr option is up.

Worst case scenario: Young wins a SB (before we do, if we ever do) while the Game is hosted here. Even worse, imagine that with him in a Tenn uniform. Could you see Bud Adams on the stage on the 50 yrd line holding up the Lombardi trophy with VY holding up the SB MVP trophy. I'll be listenng to the game from the top of the Ship Channel with some bad intentions if that were to happen. Just kidding. Bob Mcnair and his Chronies would just cringe to the point of getting ulsers bad enough to put them all in Emergency Room.
Oh the headlines would be hilarious from coast to coast, nation to nation. I need to learn more languages.

So ya'll go ahead, tell me syanara (sp), get lost, not to let the door yada yada yada. Truth be told, if the Bush pick works out and we become a playoff regular for seasons to come in a season or 2 then fine. That is not a fairweather statement, I just want a team to make good decisions before I re-dedicate my allegiance to them. Sorry So F%$@# Long. Just want t rudeness from each of us to stop.

Vinny
01-27-2006, 03:37 PM
I don't like insubstantive tantrums, and I responded appropriately. Likewise, TexansFight can tell me to go **** myself if that's what he feels like typing, and if he does, so be it.AND, I don't like you bashing the fans of this message board and have banned you in the past for this. Keep it up and I'll do it again. You may not get back in next time. If you don't like somone's opinion you can debate the opinion...but keep bashing the fans themselves and see where it gets you.

Exascor
01-27-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm pretty dissapointed in the McNair led effort myself TexansFight. It's ok to express an opinion around here, but people will bash you for not thinking like the core group. I wish the posters would give football related or field related opinion more than just bash the posters who do not think in unison.So it's OK to express your opinions while trying to demean a school in the process? Texags and Kubiag are great way to express a "football related" opinion. This post should have been locked as soon as it hit for flaming.

Vinny
01-27-2006, 03:42 PM
So it's OK to express your opinions while trying to demean a school in the process? Texags and Kubiag are great way to express a "football related" opinion. This post should have been locked as soon as it hit for flaming.This isn't complex. Bash or bully the members here and you get tossed. Give all the opinion you want otherwise.

TheOgre
01-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Isn't TexasFight the lawyer that constantly was coming up with lawsuit ideas on the old board or do I have him confused with someone else?

I'm sure a lot of Eagles fans wanted to disown them when they took McNabb instead of Ricky Williams. That was a huge mistake....:rolleyes:

Texans_Chick
01-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Some thoughts.

1. I would like for the Texans to draft VY. I believe there are many logical, rational, legitimate reasons why he should be a #1 pick. I also understand the reasons why he might not be chosen.

2. It would make me puke if the Cryboys or Titanhicks get him because I really do think he will succeed in the NFL.

3. That being said, people who threaten to take their marbles and go home if a team doesn't pick a particular player are doing that player a disservice and doing the team a disservice. I would hate for people to become haters of VY because of the excesses and threats of some over zealous Vince supporters.

Not that anything said on a message board is likely to amount to a hill of beans, but if you feel the need to share your reasons why VY should be chosen, there are ways of doing so without trashing an organization that is trying really hard to win. It ain't easy building a franchise from scratch. The days are done where an organization can get a Landry to build a team up, go through some very ugly years and then eventually get to the Superbowl. We are in a very impatient society.

As someone who has lived through both the Oilers and the Texans, and have been a fan of other sports teams, I actually find that the Texans are very interested in knowing what their fans want and really do try to please them. WAYYYYY more than in the Oiler years. Even with all of that, you won't build a winning organization if you put it together via talk radio.

The reality is that we have the team that we have and the contracts that we have, and it may not be in the team's long term interests to take VY or Bush for that matter given all the depth issues that our team has. But we have months to figure those things out, and though I truly understand your emotions and reasons for thinking that VY is a great player, I do not understand at all your desire to trash the Texans months before the draft just because taking your favorite guy in the draft might not happen because he might not be the right player for the Texans.

:texflag:

Kaiser Toro
01-27-2006, 03:44 PM
So it's OK to express your opinions while trying to demean a school in the process? Texags and Kubiag are great way to express a "football related" opinion. This post should have been locked as soon as it hit for flaming.

I think we are big boys and girls and can handle the Ag and Tsip monikers as long as they aren't amplified with any other colorful words.

Maddict5
01-27-2006, 03:45 PM

Rose bowl

Great point. but i think you'll find a qb usually has more yards than a rb that shares carries. and never mind the fact vince wasn't able to run a pro-style offence at texas or that his arm is questionable. i haven't been on these boards long but im already sick of people like you

Vinny
01-27-2006, 03:45 PM
I think I may be tossing a lot of newbies soon.

TheOgre
01-27-2006, 03:47 PM

Rose bowl

One guy was going against a top 10 defense and the other was facing the 39th defense. Care to guess which is which?

Bubbajwp
01-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Anything but that. :jk:

Double Barrel
01-27-2006, 03:49 PM

yay, the 2nd Annual Newbie Toss! :superman:

Now, back to our regularly scheduled fan fight...

Remember, folks, it's still just a game. :spy:

Bubbajwp
01-27-2006, 03:51 PM
One guy was going against a top 10 defense and the other was facing the 39th defense. Care to guess which is which?
The only person who stopped bush in that game was pete carrol. IMO

Vinny
01-27-2006, 03:52 PM
I don't agree with much of what TF posts (other than not liking the direction and leadership of this team - we agree on that one), but if the team is making him hate it....well, he can post that. Tough luck to everyone who is drinking the Kool-Aid.

Just attack the 'opinion' and not the 'opinion giver' please....that's all I'm trying to say.

Carry on.

Kaiser Toro
01-27-2006, 03:56 PM
The only person who stopped bush in that game was pete carrol. IMO

Some would argue the better back in the game stopped Bush.

Texans_Chick
01-27-2006, 03:57 PM
This is a poorly made post!!

Reggie Bush, 177 rushing/receving comined and 1 TD against the #2 defense in the country. Bush ran the ball 13 times for 82 yards for a 6.3 AVG....do you know how crazy those stats are?? That's great!! He had 95 yards through the air, receiving 6 for 95 yards and a 15.8 avg. receiving. And all this against the #2 defense.

Meanwhile....VY went against a 43 ranked USC defense and threw for ZERO TDs.

In your post...it seems as if you're implying that Bush is trash when compared the Young. However....they play different positions and in reality....Bush made a huge impact according to his stats. Keep in mind that he was also limited in his touches on the ball. Why? That's up to the USC coaching staff....not at all Bush's fault. Imagine if he would have touched the ball more......I guarantee you that Texas doesn't want to imagine cause at the pace he was on....he could have embarrassed their highly praised #2 defense.

Bush and Young are both great college players. There is a case that could be made that both have had some of the best college seasons of all times.

As to the USC having a sorry defense argument, I will point out that they were tops in college at turnover margin and turnovers gained. (Well and at least ESPN thought them worthy to be considered as ONE OF THE BEST COLLEGE TEAMS OF ALL TIME. lol.) Part of this was the sort of conference they played in--it is very pass oriented. Though their defense had a couple of games that were high scoring, they also contained some very explosive offensives over the course of the season.

The flipside of your argument is that when faced with taking a top QB and a top RB, you might want the top QB because they touch the ball EVERY offensive snap.

Just trying to balance out the analysis some.

jerek
01-27-2006, 04:01 PM
This isn't complex. Bash or bully the members here and you get tossed. Give all the opinion you want otherwise.

I would be interested to better understand the thought process that endorses the explicit bashing of an entire team, city, owner, university, individual players, and class of fans outside of the poster's own thinking, and yet condemns the thread that utilizes one fraction of that venom in alluding to that poster packing it in and leaving the board, after that poster specifically issued an ultimatum saying he would willingly do so.

I didn't think I was "bashing" anyone here. If any poster doesn't want to support the team, then that is fine. Last I checked, it was their constitutional right to do so, and that didn't violate your board TOS. I was debating the opinion, I did not call him names, and I simply and calmly called him on his bluff, and if he wants to leave the team or the board, then by all means, he knows how to click Close in the web browser.

Okay? Yeesh, does any one else think my words were strong?

ComstockLode
01-27-2006, 04:05 PM
your history with the Houston franchise is no more extensive or strenuous than thousands of other Houston fans. I imagine there are a good deal more people on this board who have an even greater history of Houston "fandom" than you.. and they make no threats of "quitting on the team" because a player they like may not be drafted.

This is a team sport, and if you arent capable of being a fan of the TEAM..then I recommend following a sport that is less cumbersome to your hero worship... like Tennis, Golf, Boxing, or Nascar.

In football.. a teams success depends on alot more than one player.. no matter what position he plays. Our staff will make the choice that is best for this team.. and if you cant accept that, then leave. You wont be missed.

Just like the picks of babin, Travis Johnson, and buchanon were right for this team :rolleyes:

utahmark
01-27-2006, 04:09 PM

If the Texans want to be the Texags and associate with the losing tradition of aggy football that is fine by me. But they won't have me as a fan and I will root against them with great vigor. I am not alone in this regard. Checkout hornfans.com and see what other Houston UT fans have to say about this. A team that will pass on VY who would recapture the excitement we all felt when we beat the Cowboys in the first game multiplied by ten and would rather keep Carr is no team of mine. This is such a no brainer yet these guys will screw it up. I am so angry and disheartened by this team. Y'all can have Kubiag and the rest of these losers while I won't have team anymore like when the Oilers left. I will root for whatever team VY is on and hope that he will kill the Texans.

just once could you come in here and have something postive to say.

p.s. how's the lawsuit coming along?

Vinny
01-27-2006, 04:10 PM
I would be interested to better understand the thought process that endorses the explicit bashing of an entire team, city, owner, university, individual players, and class of fans outside of the poster's own thinking, and yet condemns the thread that utilizes one fraction of that venom in alluding to that poster packing it in and leaving the board, after that poster specifically issued an ultimatum saying he would willingly do so. Feel free to spend hours on this. Just attack the opinion and not the poster.I didn't think I was "bashing" anyone here. If any poster doesn't want to support the team, then that is fine. Last I checked, it was their constitutional right to do so, and that didn't violate your board TOS. I was debating the opinion, I did not call him names, and I simply and calmly called him on his bluff, and if he wants to leave the team or the board, then by all means, he knows how to click Close in the web browser.You already stated you dont like "insubstantive tantrums", and told TexansFight he can tell me to go **** myself, so I'm cutting this off at the bud. If you don't grasp this, I can't help you. You have a history so you get less slack.

Grid
01-27-2006, 04:10 PM
go find me a team that doesnt make picks that they regret later Comstocklode, and ill agree with you.

And Babin and TJ are still up in the air. Babin showed promise, TJ hasnt looked BAD.. and could look alot better under a better coach. Does anyone deny that Fangio was a horrible DC?

I dont like how much we gave up for Babin and Buchanan.. but im not going to call our staff incompetent for it. Casserly has actually had a pretty good draft history for us. His problems have been in free agency.

swisher
01-27-2006, 04:11 PM
In fact I was on the LA Times message board starting around 1999 discussing the expansion process and one of the Houston posters even went to the Chicago for the owner's meeting.

Hey, I was right there with you. I was on those L.A. Times board battling out with some guy named Ted who thought we were insane to even bother about kicking name ideas around because there was NO way the NFL would choose Houston over LA.

I know who you are talking about, the guy who ran the first Texans MB in the summer of 1999. Ryan or Rich or something like that, going to Chicago for the owners meetings...wow, that brings back some memories.

Which makes me disapointed that you would allow all of that to be thrown away because of some kid coming out of college, even if he's on of the best college players on earth. And to say the Reggie Bush would be the last nail in the coffin...it just doesn't make any sense.

You talk about the Oiler memories...in four seasons how could you ever expect the Texans to compete with that. This is exactly how memories are made. Going 2-14, coaches fired and hired, high draft picks and future stars. There will be more heartbreaking losses in the future and great wins, no matter who we draft. Young or Bush, both should be great players. But you're thinking about this with your heart not your head.

exclude
01-27-2006, 04:14 PM
i live in houston and i agree with you, my problem is i will start rooting for the team that chooses Young. Casserly says don't worry about the player you don't get, worry about the ones you have.

Now our defense is changing and me upset that they didn't select Derrick Johnson last year gives me an uneasy feeling the same thing when Vince finds success in another city.

Casserly and the boys don't need to worry about the players the don't get, if they would start selecting the right ones.

I sure as heck don't want Reggie Bush as a Texan.

We're on the same boat....just different ends :)

I sure as heck don't want VY as a Texan.

texan279
01-27-2006, 04:16 PM

Why is it a lot of the people who threaten to stop being a Texan fan because of us not drafting Young always talk about the excitement Young would bring, that he is a hometown hero, we'd be stupid not to take him, he would put fans back in the stands, etc? I haven't personally read many posters who say anything about him helping us win or that he would be the best choice for the team. And if some here think we should draft Vince because we need an upgrade at the QB position and dump Carr, why have I not seen one thread from anyone wanting us to draft Leinhart or Cutler? After listening to ESPN and the NFL Network with the Senior Bowl practices going on, some scouts now have Young ranked as the third best QB in this draft behind Cutler and Leinhart. I even heard a few say that for the time being they have Cutler as the #1 QB on their board and he could end up being a top 5 pick. So if Carr is "such a loser" why shouldn't we draft Cutler or Leinhart instead of Young?

thegr8fan
01-27-2006, 04:26 PM
:redtowel: man this thread is HILARIOUS. In 2 hours this thing has grown to 4 pages. Maybe we should rename this thead the Texans Wildfire thread or something.

Hey Texansfight, I find the Carr decision to be quite discouraging myself. But hang in there. Not even McNair can't be blinded by 'potential' for more than 5 years, IMHO.

Maddict5
01-27-2006, 04:32 PM

i presume it was nothing i said

Long Baller
01-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Honestly, man, even the Oilers had their share of controversy. Where did two of Houston's greatest sports icons - Bum Phillips and Earl Campbell - finish their careers? (hint: not in Houston!) Read "Oiler Blues" when you get the chance, and you'll find out that Bud Adams has been one of the most hardassed owners in football (like having 6 head coaches in the first five years!!), and dude still doesn't have an NFL championship.

Players come, player go. Same for coaches. But we root for the team, not the individual.

I'm not flaming you or anything, but when you say that you're "not some blind VY homer who wants him here at all costs", everything else in your two posts indicate otherwise. You're willing to blow off an infant team (yes, 4 years is still a baby team) because they don't pick a player you like.

While I understand a desire to take certain players based upon unproven potential, you have to temper your passion with a reality check. Because being a long time fan of a team is about loyalty in spite of bad decisions, bad games, bad seasons, or bad coaches.

I hate to see the Texans lose a fan, but remember that the door will be open if/when you decide to come back into the fold. :howdy:

Well said

Sportsfan
01-27-2006, 04:44 PM
I lost interest when i got to the 4th paragraph. A VY thread in disguise. Man i hate those. :brickwall

tsip
01-27-2006, 04:46 PM
...why patrionize this guy?..probally all he wants!.. and is just sitting back and laughing as he counts the posts!

Caesar
01-27-2006, 04:50 PM
I have to agree with the original poster. I'm a life long Houstonian, and I've been a fan of all our local teams since I was a kid. But I've also been a Longhorn all my life, and as much as I love Houston pro teams, UT comes first. After catering to Aggies throughout their short existence (Glenn, McKinney, Kubiak), they continue to snub the Longhorn segment of their fanbase. This isn't just a Young-Bush issue. It seems that almost every year the Texans are in position to draft UT players, at need positions, on day 1, and yet they pass on them, often for inferior talent. This is a prevalent sentiment among UT fans/alumni who follow the Texans, and I don't think we are out of line to feel this way.

It doesn't make us "bad fans" to question why we should we represent a franchise that doesn't represent us. Maybe it is THE TEXANS who are disloyal to US.

Exascor
01-27-2006, 05:13 PM
I have to agree with the original poster. I'm a life long Houstonian, and I've been a fan of all our local teams since I was a kid. But I've also been a Longhorn all my life, and as much as I love Houston pro teams, UT comes first. After catering to Aggies throughout their short existence (Glenn, McKinney, Kubiak), they continue to snub the Longhorn segment of their fanbase. This isn't just a Young-Bush issue. It seems that almost every year the Texans are in position to draft UT players, at need positions, on day 1, and yet they pass on them, often for inferior talent. This is a prevalent sentiment among UT fans/alumni who follow the Texans, and I don't think we are out of line to feel this way.

It doesn't make us "bad fans" to question why we should we represent a franchise that doesn't represent us. Maybe it is THE TEXANS who are disloyal to US.Wow...

Overalls
01-27-2006, 05:17 PM
When I decided to fork over the money for a personalize jersey, I chose "00" as the number because I don't follow the Texans because of the players on MY team. I follow the Texans because they are MY team. I just want them to win.

michael123
01-27-2006, 05:17 PM
goodbye, see you in the playoffs in 2006, then your a** will happily jump bandwaggons, hate people like you, stick with the team from ups to downs. LOVE THE FACT WE ARE GOING TO PISS PEOPLE OFF BY DRAFTING THE BEST BACK,

KILLER TEAM IN 06

QB-CARR
HB-BUSH
FB-MORRIS/WELLS
WR-JOHNSON
WR-GAFFNEY
WR-FA-
TE-DRAFT
OL-PITTS
OL-MCKINNEY
OL-FA
C-THE HOG
OL-WAND-GIVE THE GUY A SECOND CHANCE IN KUBIAC OFF.

THIS TEAM IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT SAN DIEGO CHARGERS OF 04/05 SEASON

michael123
01-27-2006, 05:21 PM
carr had 15 passes batted down last year, 4th worst in the NFL.

"never mind the fact vince wasn't able to run a pro-style offence at texas or that his arm is questionable. i haven't been on these boards long but im already sick of people like you"

much of the offense Vince ran, was similar to the NFL Colts.

this arm the "experts" question, led the nation in passing efficiency as well as holding the career passing percentage record in school history.

reggie bush had all of his great yards in the pac-10, not a very defensive conference, but one thing i noticed when faced with what could be close to NFL speed, he had a hard time turning the corner.

he is not an every down running back and the Texans have a solid running backs already, even with that o-line. vince will put the defenses on their heels and would not have near the sacks as carr.

some of you vince haters need to see the leadership he brings, one that the Texans lack.

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN VY GO IN A CENTER FORMATION YOUR NOT JUST GOIN TO WIN BY SHOTGUN NFL WILL DESTROY HIM.

Hardcore Texan
01-27-2006, 05:25 PM
NEW YORK CITY, get a rope. sorry had to break out the old picante sauce commercial. lol

But anywho, IMO remember the FO is going to do what they feel is best for the team and we won't always agree. And certainly not because fans are screaming for them to do something different.

But there is no way I would ever give up on this team, I am in for Better of for Worse. That is how i describe being a fan, not threatening to leave if you are demands are not met.

Porky
01-27-2006, 05:27 PM

Just my opinion here Vinny, but I think it's style over substance. Heck, I and a bunch of others have said we like Young, don't think Carr is a SB QB, etc., but with him it's almost a threat, as if you better do it my way, or I am taking my rattle and sucking my thumb and going home. It's like a form of fan blackmail almost, and it isn't becoming. I think some of his points are not that far off point, but all these threats just don't come off well. Most of us are Texans fans. We may have favorite players, both on and off the Texans, but I won't stop being a fan because of who they draft. If he wants to give up his tickets because they don't draft his boy, then give them up, and let's be done with it. No one is forcing him to be a fan. Heck, I was strongly in favor of drafting D Johnson out of Texas last year, but it was Travis, and that is that. Life goes on, the sun still comes up, and we have to realize their are multiple ways to skin a cat. Let's debate the merits of the moves make, and leave the threats and blackmails to Desperate Housewives.

swtbound07
01-27-2006, 05:28 PM
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN VY GO IN A CENTER FORMATION YOUR NOT JUST GOIN TO WIN BY SHOTGUN NFL WILL DESTROY HIM.

buddy....your capslock is stuck.

Errant Hothy
01-27-2006, 05:29 PM
carr had 15 passes batted down last year, 4th worst in the NFL.

"never mind the fact vince wasn't able to run a pro-style offence at texas or that his arm is questionable. i haven't been on these boards long but im already sick of people like you"

much of the offense Vince ran, was similar to the NFL Colts.

Sorry but thats a load of BS. UT ran the spread, just like Florida, Utah, Texas Tech, Michigan State, etc. Indy runs maybe one of teh most complex offenses on the planet. The only difference between UT's spread and some of teh other spread offenses was the fact that VY also ran the "zone option read" a play that has 0% chance to work in teh NFL.

this arm the "experts" question, led the nation in passing efficiency as well as holding the career passing percentage record in school history.

Untill VY shows he can throw a 15 yard out pass, on the money, his arm will be suspect. The 15 yard out is the gold standard for passing ability, atleast to scouts. VY throw several flutterers this year, one in teh Rose Bowl that he was lucky wasn't intercpeted.

reggie bush had all of his great yards in the pac-10, not a very defensive conference, but one thing i noticed when faced with what could be close to NFL speed, he had a hard time turning the corner.

And the Big XII was loaded with good teams?

he is not an every down running back and the Texans have a solid running backs already, even with that o-line. vince will put the defenses on their heels and would not have near the sacks as carr.

Untill DD plays a full season, I will be looking to upgrade. And will VY may be sacked less then Carr; I don't think he will be much more effective then Carr. NO QB can be effective behind our O-line

all of you vince haters need to see the leadership he brings, one that the Texans lack.

Well see. College leadership doesn't alwsay translate to NFL leadership.

FILO_girl
01-27-2006, 05:34 PM
When I decided to fork over the money for a personalize jersey, I chose "00" as the number because I don't follow the Texans because of the players on MY team. I follow the Texans because they are MY team. I just want them to win.

My custom is #1 and Doc has 00 too.

I log off, do some housework and take the kid to Driver's Ed. Come back to check my email and touch base here and Armageddon occurs. I am always late to the good parties. :redtowel:

Texansfight, all I can add at this time is...Got Kevlar? :)

chuckm
01-27-2006, 05:38 PM
have a nice life ....:wiggle:

Frills
01-27-2006, 05:39 PM
<insert AOL goodbye sound effect>

Errant Hothy
01-27-2006, 05:45 PM

It doesn't make us "bad fans" to question why we should we represent a franchise that doesn't represent us. Maybe it is THE TEXANS who are disloyal to US.

Wow, I don't know how to respond to this except that if you, and teh rest of teh UT homers you hang out with feel this way, you might want to stick to pulling for UT and UT only. Becasue in teh NFL no franchise is going to show loyalty to a college, any college, no matter how big, rich or precived importance that fanbase is.

Sorry, you might just want to leave now; becasue there'll never be a day when teh NFL team in Houston makes draft picks based on what the fans of UT think, and nor should they.

Carr Bombed
01-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Sorry but thats a load of BS. UT ran the spread, just like Florida, Utah, Texas Tech, Michigan State, etc. Indy runs maybe one of teh most complex offenses on the planet. The only difference between UT's spread and some of teh other spread offenses was the fact that VY also ran the "zone option read" a play that has 0% chance to work in teh NFL.

Untill VY shows he can throw a 15 yard out pass, on the money, his arm will be suspect. The 15 yard out is the gold standard for passing ability, atleast to scouts. VY throw several flutterers this year, one in teh Rose Bowl that he was lucky wasn't intercpeted.

Hey Hoth, you need to pick up the speed with your index finger, the old middle finger is beating it to the punch.

Its ok though I'm a little trigger happy with my middle finger too.:heh:

Caesar
01-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Becasue in teh NFL no franchise is going to show loyalty to a college, any college, no matter how big, rich or precived importance that fanbase is.
No, but apparently they will show bias against some.

Carr Bombed
01-27-2006, 05:59 PM
No, but apparently they will show bias against some.Nobody is showing bias against a team. I swear if they pass on a couple of Horns the conspiracy starts. What about all the other 30 teams that passed on the players. Man it must be a league wide thing.

Buffi2
01-27-2006, 06:04 PM
This is the silliest thread I think I've ever read - and I can't believe I read it. My bad. This is like falling into some kind of outer twilight zone from hell. And now I'm responding to it? I may have Mad Cow.

Let me see if I have this down - you are arguing about no longer being a Texan fan because they won't draft "your" special guy? For 5 pages? Perhaps someone lost the team concept somewhere?

With all due respect, football is not a showcase for one player - you have that confused with golf or tennis or ice skating. One player may have a great game - but he sure as the devil didn't have that great game all by himself - in case no one noticed - there were 21 other guys on the field. 11 trying to stop this great game and 10 trying to help him.

If, and most probably when, the Texans choose to let VY go to another team - it is not a slap in the face of every UT grad or even to VY himself - it is just a choice that makes the Texans a better team right now. And if it proves to be a poor choice? So be it - it won't be the first time any team made an error in judgement and it won't be the last. This isn't world peace - it is football....a game.

I have faith that eventually some semblance of sanity will return to this board and we will all have supporting the Texans through good and bad in common. I am a Texan fan until I die.

profan
01-27-2006, 06:04 PM
The simple answer to your question is YES!

Hookem Horns
01-27-2006, 06:08 PM

Do you honestly think they avoid drafting guys just because they went to UT? Didn't they draft Sloan Thomas last season? Aren't both of McNair's kids UT alums? I think the problem is we have a clueless GM and he is the root of our problems, not some anti UT bias. Besides taking Travis Johnson over Derrick Johnson and Dave Ragone over Chris Simms, when else did the Texans overlook a UT guy that would have been a better choice?

Kaiser Toro
01-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Do you honestly think they avoid drafting guys just because they went to UT? Didn't they draft Sloan Thomas last season? Aren't both of McNair's kids UT alums? I think the problem is we have a clueless GM and he is the root of our problems, not some anti UT bias. Besides taking Travis Johnson over Derrick Johnson and Dave Ragone over Chris Simms, when else did the Texans overlook a UT guy that would have been a better choice?

We could have drafted Major.:stirpot:

SESupergenius
01-27-2006, 06:13 PM
What blows me up most about the posts lately is this mancrush on Vince Young like he's going to come in, learn Denvers playbook be a better running Elway and play CB, LB, DT and safety for this team. Our #1 priority is to fix the offensive line and defense, either through a new scheme and/or new players. If anyone else thinks that VY is going to do that then welcome to another mediocre year for the Texans and watch the Burnt Oranges turn their attention to college football in late December again.

Porky
01-27-2006, 06:14 PM

Sure they drafted Sloan Thomas, but Casserly realized last year that he misread the pre-draft reports. He thought he was from UT, University of Tennesee. Realizing that this was a huge mistake, he had Capers release Thomas last off season to purge the Texans of any semblence of Longhorns. They want to make a super race of Houston Texans, and they must make sure to cleanse themselves of Horns. Hiel Casserly. Sloan, is that you. I think he is locked up in Casserly's dungeon, but we are starting to get some communication from him. :sos:

:jk:

Caesar
01-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Besides taking Travis Johnson over Derrick Johnson and Dave Ragone over Chris Simms, when else did the Texans overlook a UT guy that would have been a better choice?
Seth Wand over Derrick Dockery and now Reggie Bush over Vince Young. Ofcourse, they've always been able to find room for a punter or a freaking deep snapper from A&M.

We'll see if I'm right in April. Besides VY, we have Jonathan Scott, Rod Wright, Cedric Griffin, and David Thomas available at positions where the Texans need to draft someone. I'd put the odds at about 1% that the Texans even take a second look at any of them. I'd be extatic with ONE, but I doubt the Texans braintrust would be able to manage that.

aj.
01-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Vinny

There's a core group? When did that start and who are they? I really don't feel like reading hundreds of posts to try and figure it out.

I usually avoid high traffic/ high emotion periods on here because the quality goes down so much but I thought we had multiple groups on here, i.e., the pro Vince group, the pro Bush group and it's somewhat overlapping pro Carr group, and the trade down group. That's what I get for not paying attention I guess. Just by reading the thread title, I could imagine a new anti McNair faction emerging. Sounds like some serious drama. I'm going to have a beer and forget about it.

SheTexan
01-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the entertainment guys/gals!! Unbelievable thread!!

GOOOOO TEXANS!!!!:texflag:

SESupergenius
01-27-2006, 06:30 PM
There's a core group? When did that start and who are they? I really don't feel like reading hundreds of posts to try and figure it out.

I usually avoid high traffic/ high emotion periods on here because the quality goes down so much but I thought we had multiple groups on here, i.e., the pro Vince group, the pro Bush group and it's somewhat overlapping pro Carr group, and the trade down group. That's what I get for not paying attention I guess.
AJ did Kubiak actually say "I won't let you down" ? That's pretty ballsy if he did.

LongBignasty1
01-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Vince Young #1 period.

'nuff said

aj.
01-27-2006, 06:34 PM
AJ did Kubiak actually say "I won't let you down" ? That's pretty ballsy if he did.

Yes sir. That's why it struck me.

His exact quote was "I won't let you down, I promise you that."

I don't even know if that statement made it into the transcripts but I heard it very clearly ...

ComstockLode
01-27-2006, 06:35 PM
go find me a team that doesnt make picks that they regret later Comstocklode, and ill agree with you.

And Babin and TJ are still up in the air. Babin showed promise, TJ hasnt looked BAD.. and could look alot better under a better coach. Does anyone deny that Fangio was a horrible DC?

I dont like how much we gave up for Babin and Buchanan.. but im not going to call our staff incompetent for it. Casserly has actually had a pretty good draft history for us. His problems have been in free agency.

TJ might be a good player, but it was not a need on this team.

Babin has been very subpar for a 1st round pick, period. Were offensive linemen not available to acquire via trade up as well?

My comment is a reply to trust the personnel chosen that is best for this team... The mistakes in the drafts have far outweighed the good choices.

We are supposedly "building" a team from the draft and not free agency, and with our personnel decisions it led us right back where we started four years ago.

SESupergenius
01-27-2006, 06:38 PM

I don't even know if that statement made it into the transcripts but I heard it very clearly ...
alrighty. I wasn't as high on Kubiak as some people, but that goes well in my book. Maybe he will provide that needed fire in this team.

Did he come across as a bit nervous to you? That's what I was feeling after looking at the live internet telecast.

aj.
01-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Did he come across as a bit nervous to you? That's what I was feeling after looking at the live internet telecast.

Very much so in his opening comments. I thought he was going Vermeil on us right off the bat. That wouldn't have looked good. He admitted that he had to fight through some nerves. He was wound up tight as he went through his "thank you's" but after he started talking about football, he settled down.

I've never heard him speak before and after he settled down a little bit he still spoke softly and with a slight crack in his voice that seemed natural.

infantrycak
01-27-2006, 06:43 PM

I'll confirm aj's hearing. I liked the confidence he displayed.

TEXANFAN23435
01-27-2006, 06:45 PM
OK, I've been a Houston Football fan since 1968. Seen it all. Stuck with them through thick and thin. Attended the Astrodome PEP RALLY'S. Was happy when we finally ran Bud Adams off, just had too much faith that the NFL would not ignore Houston. I was living in San Diego when Houston got the call and firmly believe McNair will do what's needed to make his Franchise a winner. I absolutely think Kubiak was the right man for the job. I think that between Kubes and Reeves, the Asst. Coaches will be solid and very pro Kubiak.

Kubiak has coached two of the top QB's in the NFL, Steve (NOT VINCE) Young and John Elway. During his tenure as their QB Coach each had their best seasons in the NFL and Young has 1-SB, Elway has 2-SB's to show for it. Both Young and Elway have spoken very highly of Kubiak. Elway once said, "having Kubiak on the sideline was like having a second set of eyes, he could just see everything." This was said while Kubiak was his backup.

I like the fact that Kubes has been winner everywhere he coached. If this man feels Carr has the required tools to become a top flight QB, then I'm putting my money on it. Has anyone on this current thread coached and evaluated QB's at the NFL level??? College level??? or High School level??? Then exactly what makes your opinion of who should lead the Texans next year, better than Kubiak's??? He's the one putting his livelihood on the line so my guess is, he's thought this through very methodically and arrived at a decision that HE not the organization could live with. Remember, he's the one who gets fired if this fails, not the organization.

Final thought, pick up Nalen, add an OT through the draft, add another big WR via FA-trade or draft, find a way to keep AJ and DD healthy for a full season and I feel you will see Carr blow away his 2004 numbers. Just my humble opinion. Oh TexanFight, I heard they're having a really good sale on some Green and White Jerseys. Just imagine, if we swap places with the NYJ you can become their biggest fan. Something tells me, you might want to reserve your seat for the draft.

TheOgre
01-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Just my opinion here Vinny, but I think it's style over substance. Heck, I and a bunch of others have said we like Young, don't think Carr is a SB QB, etc., but with him it's almost a threat, as if you better do it my way, or I am taking my rattle and sucking my thumb and going home. It's like a form of fan blackmail almost, and it isn't becoming. I think some of his points are not that far off point, but all these threats just don't come off well. Most of us are Texans fans. We may have favorite players, both on and off the Texans, but I won't stop being a fan because of who they draft. If he wants to give up his tickets because they don't draft his boy, then give them up, and let's be done with it. No one is forcing him to be a fan. Heck, I was strongly in favor of drafting D Johnson out of Texas last year, but it was Travis, and that is that. Life goes on, the sun still comes up, and we have to realize their are multiple ways to skin a cat. Let's debate the merits of the moves make, and leave the threats and blackmails to Desperate Housewives.

Porky said it well. I think it is all about the presentation.

chuckm
01-27-2006, 06:53 PM
I'll confirm aj's hearing. I liked the confidence he displayed.

I'll third it ....

SESupergenius
01-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Very much so in his opening comments. I thought he was going Vermeil on us right off the bat. That wouldn't have looked good. He admitted that he had to fight through some nerves. He was wound up tight as he went through his "thank you's" but after he started talking about football, he settled down.

I've never heard him speak before and after he settled down a little bit he still spoke softly and with a slight crack in his voice that seemed natural.
Thanks for the observations, that is what I was getting as well. I am willing to have an open mind this offseason and see how things go. I wanted a defensive minded coach, but If a offensive minded coach has a little fire and decent track record then that's just as well also. I look forward to seeing his coordinators however because he's going to be needing a good staff as whole to set this ship right.

Bronco Texan
01-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the observations, that is what I was getting as well. I am willing to have an open mind this offseason and see how things go. I wanted a defensive minded coach, but If a offensive minded coach has a little fire and decent track record then that's just as well also. I look forward to seeing his coordinators however because he's going to be needing a good staff as whole to set this ship right.

We had a D minded coach in Capers and look how well that turned out. I think Koobs is the best man for the job. Denvers Offense ranked 1st in every category since Koobs joined Shanahan in Denver.

All I have to say about the VY/RB/Trade Down deal is if any other team had the first pick you think their fans would be having this arguement now? No! Because most would pick Bush because he is the highest rated player in the Draft. VY isn't even ranked in the top 5 for some teams. If the other teams need a QB they would take Matt or Jay, because Vince isn't even the top rated QB. So my next question is why does Houston have to be different?

SESupergenius
01-27-2006, 07:22 PM
We had a D minded coach in Capers and look how well that turned out. I think Koobs is the best man for the job. Denvers Offense ranked 1st in every category since Koobs joined Shanahan in Denver.

All I have to say about the VY/RB/Trade Down deal is if any other team had the first pick you think their fans would be having this arguement now? No! Because most would pick Bush because he is the highest rated player in the Draft. VY isn't even ranked in the top 5 for some teams. If the other teams need a QB they would take Matt or Jay, because Vince isn't even the top rated QB. So my next question is why does Houston have to be different?
That argument is fine, but really it just shows that Capers was not a good Head coach more than defensive coordinators make bad coaches. I could name a ton of offensive coordinators that were bad head coaches. What it really boils down to is the coordinators. Is Kubiak going to call the plays from the field along with his other 100 duties? Or is he going to give his new offensive coordinator the reigns. That's one question I'd like people to ask Kubiak when they get the chance, who's going to call the plays? I've seen the Steelers lose coordinators almost every other year, it speaks volumes for the Steeler franchise as it continues to win with all these losses.

aj.
01-27-2006, 08:10 PM

He's not a screamer but from what I've been hearing, he has the knack to say the right thing in the right way to get his point across even if he's not fire and brimstone. I think he may need a bad cop on his staff though ...

C Madd
01-27-2006, 08:13 PM
As Curly Bill said in Tombstone, "Well....bye." We don't really need that kind of fan.

On a side note to SteelBlueToro....Axe 'em Jacks.

FirstTexansFan
01-27-2006, 08:52 PM
This isn't complex. Bash or bully the members here and you get tossed. Give all the opinion you want otherwise.

What Vinny means, is bash anyone that agrees with his opinion, thus why we have one thousand threads trumpeting the greatness of Vince Young on these forums. I find his bias quite funny personally, but to the victor go the spoils. Maybe we'll have a new administrator once we pass on his draft pick? <grin>

Vinny
01-27-2006, 08:55 PM
What Vinny means, is bash anyone that agrees with his opinion, thus why we have one thousand threads trumpeting the greatness of Vince Young on these forums. I find his bias quite funny personally, but to the victor go the spoils. Maybe we'll have a new administrator once we pass on his draft pick? <grin>No, I haven't even been posting on this topic, and haven't posted much since the end of the football season (Texans season).

I have OPINION, not bias. What I am talking about is for you guys to stop bashing the posters for having an opinion. All I have to do is state that I don't have your opinion and you bash me. I haven't said a word to you, but you choose to bash me.

BTW, I haven't done much moderating here the last month and the most active mods are pro Bush...not Young. I have no control over others posting their opinions wanting Young or Bush. I don't delete one or the other. The insinuation is a total fabrication. I am very fair and I have a track record of such. All I want to do is send out the message to tone down bashing the members.

edo783
01-27-2006, 09:47 PM
He's not a screamer but from what I've been hearing, he has the knack to say the right thing in the right way to get his point across even if he's not fire and brimstone. I think he may need a bad cop on his staff though ...

I live in the Denver area so I've had a bit of Broncos lore thrust on me. What has come out is that Kubes SEEMS mild and laid back. However, he is a very intense competetor and has been known to get up in a players grill. Doesn't yell and holler all the time (just becomes background noise after awhile anyway), but he is no push over and when he does say something folks pay attention. Really has good rapport with the players as they know he is working FOR them to make them and the team better.

dat_boy_yec
01-27-2006, 10:50 PM

Because many Houston fans believe the team should cater to their wishes. They have little faith in their organization and believe all their moves are the wrong moves. It's in the air here. The way ppl like to think they know everything, I'll admit the Texans may not have made the most optimal choices. Sure Johnson could have been better than Johnson but the point is Houston has a different attitude than most other places, following fads with ease and not developing deep attachments. That is why Houston is different I can't say if this is good or bad, it just is.

Tulip
01-27-2006, 11:27 PM
This is a really interesting thread. I'm not sure if I should comment or not.

I have seen some poster bashing on the board lately. I'm a fan of sarcasm, but using sarcasm in every reply to every opposing opinion is just a passive-aggressive form of bullying. It's getting really tired.

Hervoyel
01-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Basically, I love Houston and am a Houston homer all the way around. However, if the Texans pass on VY and pick Bush instead that will be the final nail in the coffin for me as a fan of this team.

Is that a promise?

Carr Bombed
01-27-2006, 11:35 PM
I love your aviator Herv. i'm going with the plain one, still shopping right now

Hervoyel
01-27-2006, 11:37 PM
I am not some blind VY homer who wants him here at all costs.

No you're not. You're a longtime poster who's been complaining about the team for as long as you've been here. This is just the latest in a long line of things that you're unhappy about where the Texans are concerned. I'm sure it won't be the last no matter which direction they go with the first pick.

cuppacoffee
01-28-2006, 12:05 AM

And the Big XII was loaded with good teams?

Untill DD plays a full season, I will be looking to upgrade. And will VY may be sacked less then Carr; I don't think he will be much more effective then Carr. NO QB can be effective behind our O-line

Well see. College leadership doesn't alwsay translate to NFL leadership.

Now thats how you dissect a post. Good job.

barzilla
01-28-2006, 12:29 AM
What I'm trying to figure out (from all disgruntled fans) is how you can claim to be a long-time Houston fan and still claim that you will jump ship if the team doesn't take one particular player. This city has seen dozens of bad draft picks, dozens of choke jobs, and legions of bad coaches in every major sport. Why would one draft send you over the edge?

All these guys can do (Texans decision makers) is gather as much data as they can and make the best decision they can. I have a hard time understanding people that show up to the NFL draft in face paint and boo their team's selection. Picks look good and bad on draft day. It's not until they play that we know. All of this "Kubes may not be the answer", "the Texans will blow it if they pass on Young." and "Carr will never make it" are certainly possible, but let's try to be optimistic until at least the beginning of training camp.

texan279
01-28-2006, 12:35 AM
What I'm trying to figure out (from all disgruntled fans) is how you can claim to be a long-time Houston fan and still claim that you will jump ship if the team doesn't take one particular player. This city has seen dozens of bad draft picks, dozens of choke jobs, and legions of bad coaches in every major sport. Why would one draft send you over the edge?

All these guys can do (Texans decision makers) is gather as much data as they can and make the best decision they can. I have a hard time understanding people that show up to the NFL draft in face paint and boo their team's selection. Picks look good and bad on draft day. It's not until they play that we know. All of this "Kubes may not be the answer", "the Texans will blow it if they pass on Young." and "Carr will never make it" are certainly possible, but let's try to be optimistic until at least the beginning of training camp.

It's all about the Vince Young fever, before the Rose Bowl this place was Reggie Bush mania, now after the Rose Bowl it has turned into the Vince Young fan club. Some here like Fiddy were pro Vince before the Rose Bowl. The thing that is funny to me is all the new posters who are flooding the boards saying they are long time Houston fans that just have to register here just to tell us they love Vince and if we do not draft him they will jump ship. To them I say adios.

Koolbrz
01-28-2006, 01:30 AM

Good riddance...Your not a true Texan Fan. If you were you would'nt be talkin so much SMACK!!! Your probably a spoiled lil Longhorn, Right:crying: ? VY is a good nfl player at best. You can not compare the defense he faced in the Rose Bowl, which was ranked 39th in the country by the way, to the defense's he will be facing in the NFL. He will be to predictable. Everyone knows he will be lookin to run and at best has an avg. arm. Do you really think that if he would have had a bad game in the Rose Bowl everyone would be Blown his Horn. I don't think so!! You would be talkin about him having to stay in school to develop that avg arm of his. He will be no better than Micheal Vick. Trust me on this one. Look at the QB's from the past- R. Cunningham, K. Stewart. A. Brooks, and M. Vick now a days. How many championships have they won. He fits right into that mold. Besides he will not fit into Kubiaks way of running the offense. I guess if we do draft VY we will have to run an offense that best suits him and we will have to wait another 4 yrs. for VY to develop. Fans are not going to want to wait another 4 yrs. The honeymoon will come to an end in a hurry. Might as well give up your Texans gear and start stocking up on Titans gear, cause that is were he will more than likely end up. That is if Cutler doesn't pass him up in the player rankings before the draft. Say goodbye to the Texans and take all your Longhorn buddies with you. Us hardcore Texans fans will be here to support them.

MorKnolle
01-28-2006, 02:26 AM
To the original post, first of all let me say that it sounds like you are very committed to being a UT fan, which is commendable that you are sticking with your true #1 team. That said, it definitely sounds like you are much more of a UT fan than a Texans fan, and saying that you will wish the worst things upon this team just because they do not pick Vince Young is pretty lame and to me, and apparently many other people on this board, that says that you are not truly a fan of the team. I'm sure the team appreciates your support thusfar and your purchasing tickets. Casserly has surprisingly little say in who is drafted, most of that falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff, and hopefully Kubiak will do a better job of that than Capers & co. There is never a "no brainer" pick in a draft, and 95% of the country outside of the local Houston market and UT fans think that Reggie Bush is the best pick for this team, so saying Young is the clearcut, no brainer pick is far from the truth.

I will root for whatever team VY is on and hope that he will kill the Texans.

If all it will take to turn you away from this team is one pick that you don't approve of, then I am with many others on this thread in saying that it does not sound like you are a real fan of Texans football and that your loyalties mainly lie with UT (as the quoted statement also very clearly implies), which is fine in my books as you have chosen your preferred team and you are entitled to your opinion. All I can say is I wish you the best of luck rooting for the Titans again next year when they make Vince the #3 pick in this year's draft.

barzilla
01-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Good riddance...Your not a true Texan Fan. If you were you would'nt be talkin so much SMACK!!! Your probably a spoiled lil Longhorn, Right:crying: ? VY is a good nfl player at best. You can not compare the defense he faced in the Rose Bowl, which was ranked 39th in the country by the way, to the defense's he will be facing in the NFL. He will be to predictable. Everyone knows he will be lookin to run and at best has an avg. arm. Do you really think that if he would have had a bad game in the Rose Bowl everyone would be Blown his Horn. I don't think so!! You would be talkin about him having to stay in school to develop that avg arm of his. He will be no better than Micheal Vick. Trust me on this one. Look at the QB's from the past- R. Cunningham, K. Stewart. A. Brooks, and M. Vick now a days. How many championships have they won. He fits right into that mold. Besides he will not fit into Kubiaks way of running the offense. I guess if we do draft VY we will have to run an offense that best suits him and we will have to wait another 4 yrs. for VY to develop. Fans are not going to want to wait another 4 yrs. The honeymoon will come to an end in a hurry. Might as well give up your Texans gear and start stocking up on Titans gear, cause that is were he will more than likely end up. That is if Cutler doesn't pass him up in the player rankings before the draft. Say goodbye to the Texans and take all your Longhorn buddies with you. Us hardcore Texans fans will be here to support them.

A couple of thoughts on this one......

1. As much as I am pro-Bush I still say we cannot necessarily compare VY to the QBs you mentioned. From all that has been reported, he had more leadership ability than any of them IN COLLEGE. I tend to agree with your asessement of him, but I can understand those that say he should be great.

2. If Cutler has a great combine don't you suppose the Tennessee fans will be clamoring for him the way local fans clamor for VY?

More importantly, we simply don't know. Bush has questions about him, VY has questions around him, and Ferguson has questions about him (if we traded down). You wouldn't be a fair-minded fan if you didn't acknowledge all three points. You can choose to discount them on one or all if you wish, but I don't see why people get so bent out of shape when someone articulates a different view. There will be a day when all three retire and move on. Are we to expect fans of those players to stop watching Texans football then? Folks, football is a team sport. You watch the TEAM. I like certain individual players and I root for them, but it's not like a tie my very being to their team just because he is on it. When I pick a team to root for I use more than just a superstar to guide me.

chuckm
01-28-2006, 10:51 AM
wow what an interesting read..... It'd be interesting to keep track of all the "draft Young or I'm outta here" posts so that after the draft we can see who was serious and who was blowing smoke ....

Kaiser Toro
01-28-2006, 11:21 AM
It'd be interesting to keep track of all the "draft Young or I'm outta here" posts so that after the draft we can see who was serious and who was blowing smoke ....

I smell a poll coming.... :challenge

Double Barrel
01-28-2006, 11:36 AM
I smell a poll coming.... :challenge

Is that what that smell is? I thought something was burning...or maybe this thread was emitting an odor. There is nothing like dead rotting fans* to stink up a place, 'eh?

*because when you give up on your team, the fan inside you dies :howdy:

cuppacoffee
01-28-2006, 11:38 AM
wow what an interesting read..... It'd be interesting to keep track of all the "draft Young or I'm outta here" posts so that after the draft we can see who was serious and who was blowing smoke ....

for me to declare that I will abandon the Texans if they don't draft Brady Quinn next year?
Brady Quinn = the real :superman:

:jk: about abandoning the Texans

:coffee:

Kaiser Toro
01-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Is that what that smell is? I thought something was burning...or maybe this thread was emitting an odor. There is nothing like dead rotting fans* to stink up a place, 'eh?

*because when you give up on your team, the fan inside you dies :howdy:

Yeah it was gas you were smelling. That guy brought the match and then the gas cans came out in full force. I have never seen a thread suck so many people in so quick. Pretty cool to see a gathering build like that in the virtual space.

Kaiser Toro
01-28-2006, 11:41 AM
for me to declare that I will abandon the Texans if they don't draft Brady Quinn next year?
Brady Quinn = the real :superman:

:jk: about abandoning the Texans

:coffee:

I do enjoy the golden domer humor on Saturday's, it takes me back to my college days in Albany, NY. :)

barzilla
01-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Yeah, I do have to say I've enjoyed the debate, recriminations, and hysteria on some level. In most years the number one pick wouldn't inspire much more than a yawn. I can just imagine if the Oilers had sucked in the mid-1990s we could have heard the "draft David Klinger or I'm out" chants. :)

BradK10
01-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I do have to say I've enjoyed the debate, recriminations, and hysteria on some level. In most years the number one pick wouldn't inspire much more than a yawn. I can just imagine if the Oilers had sucked in the mid-1990s we could have heard the "draft David Klinger or I'm out" chants. :)

LOL!!!

disaacks3
01-28-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm pretty dissapointed in the McNair led effort myself TexansFight. It's ok to express an opinion around here, but people will bash you for not thinking like the core group. I wish the posters would give football related or field related opinion more than just bash the posters who do not think in unison. Really, and just what does the "core group" think? This particular "debate" has been running about 45-VY/40-RB/15-Trade as far as I can tell...even amongst the "vets".

However, if the Texans pass on VY and pick Bush instead that will be the final nail in the coffin for me as a fan of this team.Do you really expect people to give a "football-related" reply to a statement like this one?

The thread-starter seems convinced that this is some sort of "Aggie Conspiracy". I've never seen so MANY people swear that they'd give up on a team if they picked the Heisman Trophy winner w/ their 1st pick. Many posters seems to think that the game out in Pasadena, CA was the Vince-vs.-Reggie bowl. Shame on Pete Carroll for trying to win the GAME, and not concentrating on promoting Reggie Bush. :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm in agreement that the Texans haven't made all the best-and-brightest moves in football history, and I too wish Casserly was gone. That issue is far removed from this annoying "If they don't take Vince I'll whine, cry, pitch a fit and never root for the Texans again" BS that's spreading faster than the flu. :brickwall

rafterticket
01-28-2006, 01:40 PM
I hope Gary Kubiak is smart enough to make a winning team through intelligent draft choices and superior coaching no matter who they pick this year.

When did Vince Young become Bill Bradsky?

aj.
01-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Before anyone spends any more time on well thought out replies to this thread, remember the thread starter was the same person who was threatening to file a lawsuit against the Texans last year for failure to deliver services as promised - or something equally ridiculous. So with that context in mind, carry on.

houstonhurricane
01-28-2006, 02:02 PM
aj,

Are you being serious re: lawsuit? If so, that certainly explains a lot....

chuckm
01-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Before anyone spends any more time on well thought out replies to this thread, remember the thread starter was the same person who was threatening to file a lawsuit against the Texans last year for failure to deliver services as promised - or something equally ridiculous. So with that context in mind, carry on.

c'mon aj ... it's a yucky looking Saturday, don't be a killjoy .....

aj.
01-28-2006, 02:12 PM
aj,

Are you being serious re: lawsuit? If so, that certainly explains a lot....

I'm being serious. Not sure if the thread starter was ... but as you might expect, that thread, whenever it was, stimulated an intellectual debate second only to this one.

Wolf
01-28-2006, 02:22 PM
AJ is right.

Big B Texan Fan
01-28-2006, 02:55 PM
My thoughts were that I was not gonna root for them too. Not from a VY mancrush or anything, but rather a bad team keeping bad players around in order to not look bad type of thing. A bad team making more bad decisions while I keep buying $6 beers and $6 hot dogs, and keep putting doing that honey-do list while I feel like I wastd a day to watch a bad team play just for the sake they play n my home town.

Now after I've cooled down a bit I realize that I would still root for the team and would be kinda excited if Bush were to come but....my dedication would slip, especially if were to still suck after 3 more years of Carrs' option. I mean suck by not making the playoffs. For whatever reason.

I am pissed though with all the bad decisions and see us being the next Arizona Cards if it were to keep up. If VY is to go onto greatness with another team than we better hope that Bush is the next coming of Sayers.

This has the potential to get people promoted or fired. As well as it does have the potential get more fans onboard or alot of fans lose interest.

TexansFight
01-28-2006, 05:21 PM
I don't think some of you get it. I am not feeling this way about the Texas just because they look like they are not going to draft VY. Not drafting VY is the proverbial staw that breaks the camel's back for me. Hervoyel said that I have always been negative about this team. Well, considering we were 2-14 last year there isn't much to praise.

I had very high expectations for the Texans in becoming the pro football team that I always wished the Oilers were. I thought we finally had the right type of owner and could create something special here.

Well unfortunately that has not been the case. The Texans have shown that they are VERY slow to respond to obvious problems if they do so at all. I have wanted Charley Casserly gone since the second year because I have hated his drafts and because of this failure to address glaring problems like our offensive line. That he was able to keep his job to me shows that McNair doesn't realize how deep his problems are. He either is conning himself or is being conned into thinking that this team is close to being a playoff team. I think Casserly is selling him this line of bs to cover for his stinker of a job by deflecting all of the blame to Capers.

Casserly is complaining that if we take VY we will be starting over. HELLO EARTH TO CHARLIE!!! We were 2-14 last year. The number of holes on this team are alarming. As bad as our O-line is our entire defense is worse. We have absolutely no playmakers in our front 7. We need some ends and OLB worth a damn before we turn this team around.

This team stinks and is not as if our record this past year is an anamoly but that is exactly what the Texans want to sell you. I believe radical change is necessary. That is why I advocate taking VY. If we had a competent GM I would have no problem in trading down and getting a guy like D'brick or Hawk plus more picks to shore up all the holes this team has.

The Texans allowed one of the most inept coaching staffs to coach this team for 4 years. They allowed a situation to exist where the OC and coach were on completely different pages. They bypassed a playmaking LB in DJ and took a guy they didn't help us at all. I am a proud Longhorn but that does not rule what I think the Texans should do. However, I feel that the Texans have almost intentionally shunned us in favor of Aggies. Caesar has listed the Horns who could have helped us that we passed on and I agree with him that they could threw us a friggin bone. I would like to see if they pass up on the Horns OL and TE that are coming out which are positions that we need.

Basically, I have been very unhappy and angry with the direction of this team. I am passionate about them. Like you I want nothing more than seeing the Texans in the Super Bowl. If we got VY it would change the losing culture that this team has and would show other players that mediocrity won't be tolerated. This needs to happen.

Wolf
01-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Casserly is complaining that if we take VY we will be starting over. HELLO EARTH TO CHARLIE!!! We were 2-14 last year. The number of holes on this team are alarming. As bad as our O-line is our entire defense is worse. We have absolutely no playmakers in our front 7. We need some ends and OLB worth a damn before we turn this team around.

And Vince Young helps us in those departments. HOW?

ledzeppelin229
01-28-2006, 05:33 PM
I read the first couple of paragraphs before giving up. You "expected" the Texans to become what the Oilers never were? The Oilers had what, 30+ years to fulfill this expectation but for some reason you expected the Texans to do it in under 4?

Caesar
01-28-2006, 05:50 PM
And Vince Young helps us in those departments. HOW?
I guess however Reggie Bush would help us in those departments.

Wolf
01-28-2006, 05:51 PM
I guess however Reggie Bush would help us in those departments.

exactly

bigTEXan8
01-28-2006, 05:51 PM
I've heard that Bush would make our o-line look like pro-bowlers across the line. But I guess the same could be said about VY too. Neither of them have played a single NFL down, so what do we know.

jmlockett
01-28-2006, 07:34 PM
:violin Let me lay down my credentials. I grew up in Houston and grew up being a diehard Houston sports fan. I lived and breathed Oilers football and whenever they lost I was down until Wednesday. Even now that I live in New York I follow all the Houston sports teams via the internet and listen to Houston sports talk over the internet and I make it home often to attend at least 3 Texans games a year.

All I got to say to you sir is stay in new york. If you are such an ignorant self biased deviant then maybe the fact that you believe the aggies have a losing tradition is forgivable. I didn't attend either A&M nor UT. I will take my hat off to both schools. If you are such a die hard VY fan and want us to draft him without having the protection for him all you are interested in seeing him get slammed in the ground and a talented young man get a ruined career. Some fan you are.

LikeABoss
01-28-2006, 07:55 PM
As soon as I clicked this thread and seen the threadstarters avatar, I just already knew there was no reason for me to continue reading:rofl:

Boy, these Texas fans are something else. *shakes his head in utter disbelief*

jmlockett
01-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Further more you say lay down your credentials; all you are doing is blah blah blah I watched the oilers and I like to brag about spending money. You haven't stated whether you ever even played the game and for what team. You ever coached anything other then the kids in the backyard? Probably not. I come from a football family. My dad played in school as I. I also played a little in college. I have coached and volunteered for my local little league teams. I don't have season tickets. I can't afford tickets. I hate to spend money that my family needs on something that is so expensive. I am a true fan though. I will always look forward to seeing our guys play and better themselves.

chuckm
01-28-2006, 08:05 PM
I don't think some of you get it. I am not feeling this way about the Texas just because they look like they are not going to draft VY. Not drafting VY is the proverbial staw that breaks the camel's back for me. Hervoyel said that I have always been negative about this team. Well, considering we were 2-14 last year there isn't much to praise.

I had very high expectations for the Texans in becoming the pro football team that I always wished the Oilers were. I thought we finally had the right type of owner and could create something special here.

Well unfortunately that has not been the case. The Texans have shown that they are VERY slow to respond to obvious problems if they do so at all. I have wanted Charley Casserly gone since the second year because I have hated his drafts and because of this failure to address glaring problems like our offensive line. That he was able to keep his job to me shows that McNair doesn't realize how deep his problems are. He either is conning himself or is being conned into thinking that this team is close to being a playoff team. I think Casserly is selling him this line of bs to cover for his stinker of a job by deflecting all of the blame to Capers.

This team stinks and is not as if our record this past year is an anamoly but that is exactly what the Texans want to sell you. I believe radical change is necessary. That is why I advocate taking VY. If we had a competent GM I would have no problem in trading down and getting a guy like D'brick or Hawk plus more picks to shore up all the holes this team has.

The Texans allowed one of the most inept coaching staffs to coach this team for 4 years. They allowed a situation to exist where the OC and coach were on completely different pages. They bypassed a playmaking LB in DJ and took a guy they didn't help us at all. I am a proud Longhorn but that does not rule what I think the Texans should do. However, I feel that the Texans have almost intentionally shunned us in favor of Aggies. Caesar has listed the Horns who could have helped us that we passed on and I agree with him that they could threw us a friggin bone. I would like to see if they pass up on the Horns OL and TE that are coming out which are positions that we need.

Basically, I have been very unhappy and angry with the direction of this team. I am passionate about them. Like you I want nothing more than seeing the Texans in the Super Bowl. If we got VY it would change the losing culture that this team has and would show other players that mediocrity won't be tolerated. This needs to happen.

so when exactly are you leaving for good?

Bobo
01-28-2006, 10:22 PM

1.) Capers was far from incompetent. He took a team from its infancy to a 7-9 record in just three years. That's far, far from incompetency.
2.) Remember who was with the team when the Texans beat the Cowboys. Carr and Capers, the two folks you are apparently exasperated with.
3.) Kubiak is a bad choice because of his lack of experience both as a head and sidelines coach as well as his spotty record as OC of the Broncs. Whether he is a former Aggie or not, who cares. What do you expect the Texans to do? Just draft the entire Aggies senior team? Are you one of the guys who wanted Bucky Richardson to replace Warren Moon? Or are you lobbying for Slocum as defensive coordinator?
4.) The Texans aren't making me hate them but I must admit they are making me feel more and more apathetic towards them -- and that's not good when you alienate your base season ticketholders, of which I have been one since the inception of the team. The Texans have made many, many boneheaded moves but not the ones you are talking about. For example, I think they should have kept Capers on as coach of this team. After all, both coaches of the teams who are in the SB this year had bad years but they weren't fired. Good thing, too. Why fire Capers for one bad season and three good ones? That was nonsensical. Plus it looks like they are about to make a huge, huge mistake and draft a player into a position they are already strong in (Bush or Young). If it was any team other than the Texans who had the top pick and the team had as many holes as the Texans do, everybody on this board would be saying they should trade the pick.

StarStruck
01-29-2006, 12:41 AM
1.) Capers was far from incompetent. He took a team from its infancy to a 7-9 record in just three years. That's far, far from incompetency.
2.) Remember who was with the team when the Texans beat the Cowboys. Carr and Capers, the two folks you are apparently exasperated with.
3.) Kubiak is a bad choice because of his lack of experience both as a head and sidelines coach as well as his spotty record as OC of the Broncs. Whether he is a former Aggie or not, who cares. What do you expect the Texans to do? Just draft the entire Aggies senior team? Are you one of the guys who wanted Bucky Richardson to replace Warren Moon? Or are you lobbying for Slocum as defensive coordinator?
4.) The Texans aren't making me hate them but I must admit they are making me feel more and more apathetic towards them -- and that's not good when you alienate your base season ticketholders, of which I have been one since the inception of the team. The Texans have made many, many boneheaded moves but not the ones you are talking about. For example, I think they should have kept Capers on as coach of this team. After all, both coaches of the teams who are in the SB this year had bad years but they weren't fired. Good thing, too. Why fire Capers for one bad season and three good ones? That was nonsensical. Plus it looks like they are about to make a huge, huge mistake and draft a player into a position they are already strong in (Bush or Young). If it was any team other than the Texans who had the top pick and the team had as many holes as the Texans do, everybody on this board would be saying they should trade the pick.

1. It's been a while, and I don't really recall, but hasn't Capers been fired before? It seems he comes in with a big bang, poof, then fizzles out.

2. IMHO, beating the Cowboys back then wasn't really a big accomplishment, since both teams were almost equally bad.

3. If wonder if there would even be a conversation about Vince or Reggie if Kubiak would have been hired the first time he applied for the job.

4. I believe that Young is a rare talent that will be great one day, no proof as with any other initial belief, but if it comes to past, it would hurt that the Texans had the right of first refusal. However, I won't base selecting Young as the pick as to whether or not I renew my season's tickets. I don't believe it is a University thing, and if he had attended A & M or Florida, I expect that he would command the same performance based attention that he is now getting.

Texans Horror
01-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Man, I will be happy if we draft Young. I will be happy if we draft Bush. I will be happy if we trade the pick. I'm just happy we are stopping the madness that was the last year and a half or so...

TexanBacker93
01-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Bobo - How exactly has Denver's offense while Kubiak was OC been spotty?
10 of the 11 years they were in the top 10 in scoring. 8 of the 11 years they were in the top 5 in yards. The only other team that can approach that success in the past 10 years is the Packers. The team produces 1,000 yard running backs like the Texans produce linemen that give up 15 sacks a year. This wasn't done with flashy high dollar free agent spendings either. It was through solid drafting and coaching. Has he been a head coach before? No. Neither was Cowher when he got his shot in Pittsburgh. Nor had Holmgren when Green Bay hired him. With Kubiak the Texans get a head coach that hasn't been fired from a previous job for being incompetent or just plain lousy.

MorKnolle
01-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Bobo - How exactly has Denver's offense while Kubiak was OC been spotty?
10 of the 11 years they were in the top 10 in scoring. 8 of the 11 years they were in the top 5 in yards. The only other team that can approach that success in the past 10 years is the Packers. The team produces 1,000 yard running backs like the Texans produce linemen that give up 15 sacks a year. This wasn't done with flashy high dollar free agent spendings either. It was through solid drafting and coaching. Has he been a head coach before? No. Neither was Cowher when he got his shot in Pittsburgh. Nor had Holmgren when Green Bay hired him. With Kubiak the Texans get a head coach that hasn't been fired from a previous job for being incompetent or just plain lousy.

An added note to this post on stats (nice job on this BTW), I saw on ESPN that since Kubiak and Shanahan took over in Denver, over the 11 year span, the Broncos are #1 in scoring offense and #1 in rushing offense over the course of those 11 seasons (I thought I posted that on here before but maybe I didn't or it was on another thread), but that is far from having a questionable track record in Denver.

TEXANRED
01-30-2006, 11:23 AM

You are a Texas fan? No. Really?

Do me a favor, when you sell your PSL field box seating, try to sell them to a fan who appreciates the game and this football team b/c apperently you dont.

You may be tired of watching this team and the way it is being constructed but I am perosnally tired of reading the posts from the over privaleged who pout and whine and moan b/c they cant get there way.

If your loyalties are so shallow and norrow minded that you would stop rooting for a team b/c of your precious longhorn, then this team never needed you to be a fan to begin with.

Cry me a river:crying:

jim rome
01-30-2006, 12:21 PM
I Love VY but if not drafting him means we get rid of sorry fans like you that boo at our home games than that is fine with me. You would fit right in with the cowboy fans:loser

Frills
01-30-2006, 12:46 PM
I remember the longhorn fans calling for Mack's head up until this past season...something about losing 5 straight to OU.

Amazing how one off year from OU can turn a coach and QB into superstars.

jerek
01-30-2006, 12:48 PM
I remember the longhorn fans calling for Mack's head up until this past season...something about losing 5 straight to OU.

Amazing, isn't it?

I would have loved to see the Horns face a primo OU team, not this sorry batch of underclassmen that Stoops put out there this year. I am not even saying the Horns would have lost, but I would have loved to see that game.

TEXANFAN23435
01-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Wonder when the GREAT Mack Brown will be wearing the NFL headset??? The suspense is killing me...... How about..... NEVER!!!!!!!!

Texans Horror
01-30-2006, 01:24 PM

Give it a year or two. The next time he loses to OU, he'll be back on the chopping block. And the same kind of fans who want to trash the Texans for not taking their pick are the same kind of fans who will be ready to kick Mack out of Texas once he loses his next one to OU.

exclude
01-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Amazing, isn't it?

I would have loved to see the Horns face a primo OU team, not this sorry batch of underclassmen that Stoops put out there this year. I am not even saying the Horns would have lost, but I would have loved to see that game.

They did. Its the 2004 OU team.

The team that VY had problems against and the one where Bush nearly broke every OU defenders ankles trying to stop him.

rmartin65
01-30-2006, 04:06 PM

The team that VY had problems against and the one where Bush nearly broke every OU defenders ankles trying to stop him.
Good point. That year, both VY and RB played the same team. Bush did better.

Fighting Blue Hen
01-30-2006, 04:21 PM

Actually, it is my opinion that VY just made Mack Brown look great. Brown didn't just become a genious overnight. I wouldn't be surprised to see the old Mack Brown back next season.

MorKnolle
01-30-2006, 04:32 PM

According to ESPN's records, Bush only had 106 yards of total offense (granted it was only on 8 touches) and 0 TDs that game, while Vince went 8/23 for 86 yards and had 16 carries for 54 yards in their game vs. OU, so neither did especially well, although Bush did outperform Vince.

Kaiser Toro
01-30-2006, 04:36 PM
According to ESPN's records, Bush only had 106 yards of total offense (granted it was only on 8 touches) and 0 TDs that game, while Vince went 8/23 for 86 yards and had 16 carries for 54 yards in their game vs. OU, so neither did especially well, although Bush did outperform Vince.

Boxscore from the game
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2475&SPID=190&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=99869

If anything, this exercise will show once again that Lendale White brings his A game when the spot light is at its hottest.

TreWardTxn
01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
A team that will pass on VY who would recapture the excitement we all felt when we beat the Cowboys in the first game multiplied by ten and would rather keep Carr is no team of mine. This is such a no brainer yet these guys will screw it up. I am so angry and disheartened by this team. Y'all can have Kubiag and the rest of these losers while I won't have team anymore like when the Oilers left. I will root for whatever team VY is on and hope that he will kill the Texans.

I understand how a fan might really, really, want the Texans to draft Vince Young, but the bottom line is if you're willing to root against the Texans just because they don't have one player, then you are not a true fan. However, the point he makes is legitimate. If the Texans want to recapture that founding excitement, AND build a team around a winning QB, then he is the right guy for the job. I am a Texans fan, but I am a football realist first, and no team that changes their defense in the off-season is going to have a good season the following year, especially without a high-powered offense, which the Texans don't have the O-line to do.

Hardcore Texan
01-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Actually, it is my opinion that VY just made Mack Brown look great. Brown didn't just become a genious overnight. I wouldn't be surprised to see the old Mack Brown back next season.

I can't believe someone would say this, Mack Brown's record speaks for itself.
I hope you don't really believe this to be true, no need to bash Mack Brown to make your point

Brown at Texas since 1998. 70 Wins, 19 losses. Does that sound like it happened overnight?

He is 90-22; .804 % - over the last nine years.
Since 1990 - Mack Brown (TEXAS/NORTH CAROLINA) 137-45-1 ; .753 %

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=32&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=615&change_well_id=2

If the old Mack Brown means 10 or 11 wins without VY that would be pretty damn good.

TreWardTxn
01-30-2006, 09:09 PM

I consider myself a Longhorn fan, and I still think Mack has to prove that HE can coach a team to a National Championship; not simply inherit a player whose own greatness is able to rise above Mack's inability to win big games. I think that's why most people who follow Texas realize this guy is so great, he overcame a mediocre coaching system (the entire story of the team was how the coaches got out of his way and let him LEAD the team to victory) and brought home the hardware. There is no doubt in my mind that there have been WAY more talented UT teams (Simms, anyone?) and they could not get the job done because they lacked the quality that Young brings to the table, the exact same ingredient the Texans are missing...

BTW; OU and USC are still class of the NCAA, he has seen just as much top-flight talent as any other player in the draft, not to mention the OU teams of 03-04 and 04-05...

DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net
01-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Bush won the hieman did young? no
david carr won the hieman i guess they are both better than him
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm common sense genius

D-ReK
01-30-2006, 09:19 PM

Carr was a Heisman finalist, but he didn't win it, Eric Crouch did...

TreWardTxn
01-30-2006, 09:51 PM
I can't believe someone would say this, Mack Brown's record speaks for itself.
I hope you don't really believe this to be true, no need to bash Mack Brown to make your point

Brown at Texas since 1998. 70 Wins, 19 losses. Does that sound like it happened overnight?

He is 90-22; .804 % - over the last nine years.
Since 1990 - Mack Brown (TEXAS/NORTH CAROLINA) 137-45-1 ; .753 %

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=32&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=615&change_well_id=2

If the old Mack Brown means 10 or 11 wins without VY that would be pretty damn good.

Dude, you can quote all the winning %s you want, but add up the ones against top ten teams (especially before this VY dream season) and you'll see the disparity where it matters...

Fighting Blue Hen
01-30-2006, 09:57 PM
I consider myself a Longhorn fan, and I still think Mack has to prove that HE can coach a team to a National Championship; not simply inherit a player whose own greatness is able to rise above Mack's inability to win big games. I think that's why most people who follow Texas realize this guy is so great, he overcame a mediocre coaching system (the entire story of the team was how the coaches got out of his way and let him LEAD the team to victory) and brought home the hardware. There is no doubt in my mind that there have been WAY more talented UT teams (Simms, anyone?) and they could not get the job done because they lacked the quality that Young brings to the table, the exact same ingredient the Texans are missing...

BTW; OU and USC are still class of the NCAA, he has seen just as much top-flight talent as any other player in the draft, not to mention the OU teams of 03-04 and 04-05...

My point exactly about Mack Brown. He always did great against the Lousiana Technical Junior Colleges of the world. I want to see him beat OU and win a championship without that freak named Vince Young. Heck, Franchione could probably even win a NC with Vince Young. :rolleyes:

Texans Horror
01-30-2006, 10:55 PM
My point exactly about Mack Brown. He always did great against the Lousiana Technical Junior Colleges of the world. I want to see him beat OU and win a championship without that freak named Vince Young. Heck, Franchione could probably even win a NC with Vince Young. :rolleyes:

Now, let's not be too hasty. This is Franchione we're talking about.

Yes, Mack has an awesome record. Yes, his record is really tarnished if you look at his team vs. other top 10 teams. That being said, I don't think we should take away from what he did this year. Texas is both the Big XII and the National Champions, and I don't think Vince Young could have done that without Mack or the rest of the 'Horns.

To get back on topic: we were 2-14. Bottom of the gutter. Coaching was a huge reason we stunk up the football fields last year. However, we happen to be in a very nice place. There are two football players who will, in their own way, light up the NFL. Either one would be a great advantage, and the one thing out of this, IMHO, is we are in a win-win-win scenario. Take Vince, we win. Take Reggie, we win. Trade down, we win some great picks. This is going to be a phenomenal year for the Draft (I'll bet you've never heard that one before).

Lendale White looks like an NFL back. I could see trading down to take him and get something next year, too.

Bubbajwp
01-30-2006, 11:25 PM
wow.

5genTexan
01-31-2006, 09:32 AM
Wow, yes you are angry. Hold you breath, count to ten, slowly. Release.

But, you sound just like any other Longhorn fan. VY is from Houston, went to UT, so that is the reason he should be a Texan. Well, it prolly ain't gonna work like that.

Gig'em!!!!!!!

houstonbuckeye
01-31-2006, 03:03 PM
:brickwall A true fan would stand behind their home town team, regardless of who ever is drafted in late april. all this crap about If they don't do this or don't do that, than I am leaving you might as well adopt your new home-town team the J-E-T-S. Don't even think about crawing back when the texans make it to the payoffs and claim to be a fan.

uhcougar08
02-02-2006, 12:02 PM

OK, I guess it is time you got off our wagon. You need help. You are going to need alot of it supporting VY.

uhcougar08
02-02-2006, 12:05 PM
the last thing anybody that says gig em' should be talking about is mack brown and the texas longhorns. they pwned you on the field, hell, even baylor is a hard team for the aggies to beat.

mack has lost 8 games in the last FIVE YEARS. he is a great coach, no matter what you say.

sadly, there are many Texans fans that are aggie fans as well. so what you have are a whole bunch of fans that are used to having a losing mentality. VY will bring a winning mentality to the Texans. the aggies are just following the aggie operating procedure and not wanting a great player because he played for UT.

VY is a thug. Ask him to spell english. He can not even do that. By the way, Aggies is capitalized. To tell you the truth, VY sucked against the Aggies and they had a hard time beating the Aggies this year buddy.