PDA

View Full Version : Kubes on PTI...

the wonger need food
01-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Now.

thunderkyss
01-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Whew..... there's still hope, we may get Vince after all.

Grid
01-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Damn it.. now we are gonna have months more of Vince talk.

I tell ya one thiing though.. he is accomplished in coach-speak. If they would have asked him if the sky is blue he would have said "well, I dont see the sky changing anytime soon so we have plenty of time to decide that as a team, but im a fan of all the colors and whatever color the sky wants to be is what its gonna be, and we look forward to seeing it"

Snapple
01-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Heh, I bet all the people who didn't want to hear the questions about the draft in the press conference today really loved the PTI interview. That's practically all they talked about.

SteelBlueToro
01-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Whew..... there's still hope, we may get Vince after all.
What makes this so?

ledzeppelin229
01-26-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't know...I'm really thinking he wants a trade down.

1) I don't think he could put much more emphasis on protecting the QB
2) Denver never took RBs extremely high in the draft - What makes us think Kubiak would start now?

Trade down, take Da Brick, and see what those extra picks can get us. It will also help us next year since I don't think we trade down unless we're looking at a future 1st rounder.

Grid
01-26-2006, 04:53 PM
well what is gonna give the Vince Young people hope.. is..well.. ok it was worded like this.

PTI asked: "Since you wont say if you will take Reggie or Vince, you did say that you are a David Carr fan, can we take this to be your answer?" (that is basicly what was meant by the question..if not the exact wording)

Koob said: "No, David Carr is great, I think he can be a great QB in this league, but that is completely seperate from the draft and what could happen there"

AustinJB
01-26-2006, 04:55 PM
When asked about VY or Bush w/ #1 pick Kubes said, "either one of those guys WILL make us a better football team." Don't want to read too much into it, but sounds like he meant we will take one or the other rather than trading down.

When asked if people should take him saying that he likes Carr to mean that Carr will be the Texans QB, he said, "No it's too early to say that....they are seperate issues....I think Carr can be a top QB in the league, but there is still a lot of evaluation to do to prepare for the draft..." Hmmmm.

Snapple
01-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Kubiak said "His job here is to make David Carr one of the best in the league."

Did you hear the part where he said turning around Carr and making a decision on their draft pick were two completely separate issues that would be tackled separately?

Bronco Texan
01-26-2006, 04:57 PM
I can't wait for Draft day. So I can laugh at everyone wearing a VY UT jersey when he goes to the Titans.

Hell let him go to the Titans, because from here on out the Texans will be the team to beat in the South!!!

SteelBlueToro
01-26-2006, 04:59 PM
I know Kubiak said that the system should fit the talent, and I agree - that rather than stuffing a square peg into a round hole, it's best to make adjustments. Seeing that UT had to throw out the pro-style offense to accommodate VY's atheletic abilities into a 2-play spread option (I know there were a few more plays than 2) so that he could create plays, just how much of the offensive system in the NFL should be changed to fit one player? I mean should an entire philosophy be ditched or should the player be developed to better fit a more structured system?

Capster67
01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
The hardest part will be enduring the VY talk from now until draft day. I hope and pray the organization has the intelligence to do the right thing rather than the popular thing.

SteelBlueToro
01-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Someone should stuff a sock in John McClain's mouth or it will never stop. That goes for Rich Lord, too.

SteelBlueToro
01-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Did you hear the part where he said turning around Carr and making a decision on their draft pick were two completely separate issues that would be tackled separately?
Drafting Reggie Bush is different from turning David Carr into one of the best QBs in the league. Bush will make Carr and the team better. By drafting a position other than qb is different from the Carr issue.

Bronco Texan
01-26-2006, 05:05 PM
I don't think Busch is the way to go. Trade down get ferguson and maybe a dl threat. I hope we can become the next Carolina Panthers. Go to the Super Bowl in two years!!! But win this time.

AustinJB
01-26-2006, 05:30 PM
I can't wait for Draft day. So I can laugh at everyone wearing a VY UT jersey when he goes to the Titans.

Hell let him go to the Titans, because from here on out the Texans will be the team to beat in the South!!!

Does this mean that we can laugh at you IF they do pick him? Will that be funny too? Your OPINION on what Kubes will do doesn't hold any more weight that what my OPINION of what he'll do does.:stirpot:

BTW...I'm a Texans fan all the way and will support them no matter what.:redtowel:

Double Barrel
01-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Fuel, meet fire.

Hope I get to see the PTI interview....but not sure when they replay that anymore. Can't really comment on it until I see it.

gtexan02
01-26-2006, 05:45 PM
He just said hes worked with Elway and Steve Young, and that Carr has THE SAME LEVEL OF TALENT as they do, so I don't think he'll trade a new Young for the apparently closent Steve Young we have in Carr

Wolf
01-26-2006, 05:48 PM
why would we draft VY? I like VY yet if Gary wants to work with Carr and make him better.. Well Gary gets to work with Ragone also.

I am not saying Ragone is going to take David's place, but we have two QB's.. And if Gary thinks he can make Carr a top 10 QB why can't Ragone be a capable backup?

Porky
01-26-2006, 05:49 PM
He just said hes worked with Elway and Steve Young, and that Carr has THE SAME LEVEL OF TALENT as they do, so I don't think he'll trade a new Young for the apparently closent Steve Young we have in Carr

Oh boy, now I find out our new coach is also mentally ill. :crying:

DRAMA
01-26-2006, 05:51 PM
I don't know...I'm really thinking he wants a trade down.
2) Denver never took RBs extremely high in the draft - What makes us think Kubiak would start now?.

Because Denver doesn't draft high...really ever. So why take a back with their normal 15-20 slot when they get the same back at 45 or so? Domanick, Tatum, Anderson, etc...are no Reggie Bush.

Hardcore Texan
01-26-2006, 05:51 PM
The hardest part will be enduring the VY talk from now until draft day. I hope and pray the organization has the intelligence to do the right thing rather than the popular thing.

Amen to your Amen. I am hoping the same thing.

Grid
01-26-2006, 05:52 PM
the VY talk wont end after we dont draft him...unfortunatly. it will continue until VY falls off of peoples radar.

Nawzer
01-26-2006, 05:56 PM
the VY talk wont end after we dont draft him...unfortunatly. it will continue until VY falls off of peoples radar.

He might never fall of peoples radar here in Houston if he turns out to be a superstar QB. I think people will be more accepting if and only if the Texans are able to win games and win them quickly.:twocents:

Hookem Horns
01-26-2006, 05:57 PM

Unfortutately it is going to continue especially after we are getting beat by him in a Titans uniform like you are so proudly wearing there. BTW, be careful what you wish for.

infantrycak
01-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Fuel, meet fire.

Hope I get to see the PTI interview....but not sure when they replay that anymore. Can't really comment on it until I see it.

Dude, it isn't what is being made out. They knew Kubiack wouldn't answer who they were going to pick at #1 so they tried to back into it by asking since he like Carr does that indicate the pick. It is the same freakin' thing as asking who you are going to take--if you answer it definitively you just gave up the game. Kubiack said not to read the draft pick out of his like for Carr and then immediately went into how Carr can be a top 10 QB and his job is to get him there. He then said the draft and Carr are two separate issues.

SESupergenius
01-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Oh boy, now I find out our new coach is also mentally ill. :crying:
no, it's because you are mentally ill. That's what happens when you can't see the light.

Jack Bauer
01-26-2006, 06:03 PM
no, it's because you are mentally ill. That's what happens when you can't see the light. :rofl:

Double Barrel
01-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Dude, it isn't what is being made out. They knew Kubiack wouldn't answer who they were going to pick at #1 so they tried to back into it by asking since he like Carr does that indicate the pick. It is the same freakin' thing as asking who you are going to take--if you answer it definitively you just gave up the game. Kubiack said not to read the draft pick out of his like for Carr and then immediately went into how Carr can be a top 10 QB and his job is to get him there. He then said the draft and Carr are two separate issues.

Cool. Thanks, man. :thumbup

I think people are reading too much into his comments, because I don't think he's got anything to decipher between the lines. What is he going to say, other than typical coach-speak about evaluating players and our QB having talent and all that jazz. It means nothing because these guys are professionals that know how to keep their cards close to their chests. It's a game with the media.

Kubiak has barely had anytime to finalize the deal, much less evaluate talent and make decisions. He just got off the plane, so let him enjoy his homecoming party before expecting him to reveal any information. :ok:

Mr. White
01-26-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm surprised that an ESPN show even bothered to ask him who he'd be picking.... they themselves broke the big story (3 different times in 3 different weeks) that we'd be taking Reggie Bush #1.

Grid
01-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Unfortutately it is going to continue especially after we are getting beat by him in a Titans uniform like you are so proudly wearing there. BTW, be careful what you wish for.

I hope he does go to Tennessee :).. I PRAY that he goes to the Titans. Beating him down twice a year will make the orange legion shut up that much quicker.

Double Barrel
01-26-2006, 06:26 PM
I hope he does go to Tennessee :).. I PRAY that he goes to the Titans. Beating him down twice a year will make the orange legion shut up that much quicker.

Robinson could get Pro-Bowl numbers just off those two games every year! ;) :stirpot:

TMac48
01-26-2006, 06:43 PM
I tell ya one thiing though.. he is accomplished in coach-speak. If they would have asked him if the sky is blue he would have said "well, I dont see the sky changing anytime soon so we have plenty of time to decide that as a team, but im a fan of all the colors and whatever color the sky wants to be is what its gonna be, and we look forward to seeing it"
LOL, I'm sorry, that's priceless...good ****, good ****.
Can i use part of that as my sig Grid?

Hookem Horns
01-26-2006, 06:49 PM

... Not really, most of the "orange legion" were not Oilers fans. My fear is going to continue to do at the NFL level what he has done at every level before. Being a former Oilers fan and Bud hater that is going to suck if he does great for them.

rmartin65
01-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Robinson could get Pro-Bowl numbers just off those two games every year! ;) :stirpot:
That would be great.

Grid
01-26-2006, 07:16 PM
LOL, I'm sorry, that's priceless...good ****, good ****.
Can i use part of that as my sig Grid?

Sure thing :)

Wharton
01-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Kubiak said "His job here is to make David Carr one of the best in the league."

Give him a few days of watching DC game film and he will probably change his mind!!!!!!:rollbaby:

HoustonFan
01-26-2006, 08:17 PM

That's the spirit.

Can't wait for next season. As far as who they pick in the draft so long as we are winning, it's ALL GOOD!!!!!

bayshorebevo
01-26-2006, 09:13 PM
I know Kubiak said that the system should fit the talent, and I agree - that rather than stuffing a square peg into a round hole, it's best to make adjustments. Seeing that UT had to throw out the pro-style offense to accommodate VY's atheletic abilities into a 2-play spread option (I know there were a few more plays than 2) so that he could create plays, just how much of the offensive system in the NFL should be changed to fit one player? I mean should an entire philosophy be ditched or should the player be developed to better fit a more structured system?

if any entire philosophy should be ditched, it's the one the texans had last year

infantrycak
01-26-2006, 09:14 PM
... Not really, most of the "orange legion" were not Oilers fans. My fear is going to continue to do at the NFL level what he has done at every level before. Being a former Oilers fan and Bud hater that is going to suck if he does great for them.'

This isn't a knock on VY, but that is somewhat overused. Every 1st round draft pick has been successful on every level before--that is why they are in the 1st round.

Mario Williams
01-26-2006, 09:18 PM
The Vince fans remind me of Lloyd Christmas from Dumb and Dumber:

"A million to one? So you're telling me there's a chance? Yeah!"

To stir the pot a bit, I think there's a real chance that the Titans won't take Young with the 3rd pick. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Tennessee trades out of the #3 pick, and that Ferguson is the target. The Great Vince Young could go through a little free fall come draft day.

Hervoyel
01-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Damn it.. now we are gonna have months more of Vince talk.

....and my job is to be here and to help the sky succeed at being whatever color it wants to be and to make sure that every single inch of that sky knows I'm there ready to do whatever it takes to reach our goals....which may or may not be "blue". I do like blue a great deal though. I think blue has everything you look for in a color and I want to make sure that's clear to everybody. You know what really has me excited? Either way we're going to get a hell of a color and our sky is going to be a world champion sky. That's what's got me excited to be here today.

edo783
01-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Geeezz, what sort of drug induced world do these guys live in? They keep chanting " Must have Vince, Must Have Vince" and clicking those ruby slippers. Take some lithium and get to the real world. Vince isn't coming.

TexansBlitz
01-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Can anyone give me a detailed recap from PTI?
...the one day I miss PTI, dang it.

Bronco Texan
01-26-2006, 11:49 PM
The thing I find funny about the VY supporters is they try to come off as if they don't want him because he is from Houston and played for Texas. They try to make excuses that the only reason the Texans need to take him is because Carr is incapable of running our team. But if that was the case why isn't any of them pulling for Lienhart? He is rated higher on the draft boards then VY. I say sure lets draft VY put him in the same system Carr was in last year and let him get sacked on his ***!

jmerog
01-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Fuel, meet fire.

great line.

thunderkyss
01-27-2006, 12:11 AM
The thing I find funny about the VY supporters is they try to come off as if they don't want him because he is from Houston and played for Texas. They try to make excuses that the only reason the Texans need to take him is because Carr is incapable of running our team. But if that was the case why isn't any of them pulling for Lienhart? He is rated higher on the draft boards then VY. I say sure lets draft VY put him in the same system Carr was in last year and let him get sacked on his ***!

IT's like trading Carr for a younger faster McNabb.... Different player/style.. would probably work better for us. Lienart would actually be more like Carr, but less mobile. Carr got sacked a thousand times. Matt will get saked 2000 times. Vince might get sacked 50 times.

LoneStarState
01-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Vince might get sacked 50 times.
Oh puhleeeez... :thud:

thunderkyss
01-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Oh puhleeeez... :thud:

hehe.... didn't think anyone would catch that. :superman: