PDA

View Full Version : Kubiaks press conf...

HardKnockTexan
01-26-2006, 12:01 PM
pretty exciting stuff... this is better than all the games I watched last season..

DRAMA
01-26-2006, 12:08 PM
"What better way to win a superbowl than to be led by a Texan?" Bob McNair - Press Conference GK

UHH OHH!!!!!

:)

Johnny Utah
01-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Did I just hear that right? Kubiak thanked Bob McNair's wife for last night.

Peldon
01-26-2006, 12:12 PM

Dinner...

DRAMA
01-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Did she scream out Reggie or Vince??

TEXANS84
01-26-2006, 12:15 PM
press conference can be found here: www.khou.com (live!) for our out of town folks

D-ReK
01-26-2006, 12:17 PM
press conference can be found here: www.khou.com (live!) for our out of town folks

It's also playing live on ESPN News...

HardKnockTexan
01-26-2006, 12:18 PM

lol... I thought that's what I heard him say....

OzzO
01-26-2006, 12:19 PM
They'd BETTER replay it this evening, no access to AM or speakers on my computer.... double whammy.

SBTexans08
01-26-2006, 12:19 PM
LOL...that was hilarious....

ccdude730
01-26-2006, 12:20 PM
will john shut the heck up about drafting. he is the only person to even mention it so far

SBTexans08
01-26-2006, 12:20 PM
will john shut the heck up about drafting. he is the only person to even mention it so far
Couldn't agree more.

Jack Bauer
01-26-2006, 12:21 PM

Exactly, showing himself as the hack he is...trying to make this vy vs. rb...

Jack Bauer
01-26-2006, 12:22 PM

Okay, I am not the only one. Not what he meant, but hilarious still!!

DRAMA
I hope 610AM breaks in ONE MORE TIME so I can remember what radio station I'm listening to!

Jack Bauer
Finally a question about the staff.

SBTexans08
01-26-2006, 12:24 PM
What he said about Carr is as close to him making it final on going Carr for his QB.

Errant Hothy
I really liked teh Jim Rome break in.

Jack Bauer
I am excited! :redtowel: :yahoo:

ccdude730
Finally a question about the staff.
does this mean gray?

Jack Bauer
01-26-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm watching on KHOU.com

thunderkyss
McClain was the second person to ask a question, so what do you mean so far... I think it was a decent question, since it is what we've been talking about since the Rose Bowl.

Kubiak has made one thing clear.... he is commited to helping David Carr find success on this team...

Maybe we'll make him a reciever, or a corner.......... :)

nunusguy
I won't say unequivocal, but Kubiak just gave Carr a very, very strong endorsement. All you UT-VY types probably should get used to the idea
of your guy playing in the NFL at a location somewhere east or northeast of the state of Texas.

Jack Bauer
does this mean gray?

He's not mentioning names yet.

Texan Asylum
Looks like we get to keep our Carr! :redtowel:

SBTexans08
Maybe we'll make him a reciever, or a corner.......... :)
LMFAO!!!

Jack Bauer
01-26-2006, 12:26 PM
I won't say unequivocal, but Kubiak just gave Carr a very, very strong endorsement. All you UT-VY types probably should get used to the idea
of your guy playing somewhere east or northeast of the state of Texas.

Agreed.

powerfuldragon
01-26-2006, 12:26 PM
I really liked teh Jim Rome break in.

i wonder what the clones are gonna say about todays announcement. if anything.

DRAMA
01-26-2006, 12:27 PM
OMG - labeling something as 'the Texans offense' gave me chills!! Ready for Kubes to get it goin!!!

ccdude730
01-26-2006, 12:28 PM
He's not mentioning names yet.
well just the fact that he said we are being very patient with the search and looking for guys who really want to be a part of the texan organization.

just a happy thought though.

Texan Asylum
01-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Anyone hear anymore about Sherman?

FILO_girl
01-26-2006, 12:31 PM
of your guy playing in the NFL at a location somewhere east or northeast of the state of Texas.

Very good point, and I agree. Watching the end of the press conference, Gary and Rhonda look like a solid team. That is what we need on our coach's side.. :) Did Capers have a wife? I never heard of her or saw her.

Gary seems totally jazzed and ready to roll up the sleeves and get us where we need to be. I am ready for '06 and looks like we may just have us a team again folks!

DRAMA
01-26-2006, 12:32 PM
MAKE NO MISTAKE....

Kubes likes Carr!!! Does anyone see that differently by any stretch?

Jack Bauer
01-26-2006, 12:33 PM
well just the fact that he said we are being very patient with the search and looking for guys who really want to be a part of the texan organization.

just a happy thought though.

Gotcha. Agreed. I am very excited to get a fresh start.

WWJD
01-26-2006, 12:34 PM
I heard Coach Capers talk about his wife a few times. I can't remember her name though. I believe he said something about her at his last press conference announcing his dismissal.

Long Baller
01-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Very good point, and I agree. Watching the end of the press conference, Gary and Rhonda look like a solid team. That is what we need on our coach's side.. :) Did Capers have a wife? I never heard of her or saw her.

Gary seems totally jazzed and ready to roll up the sleeves and get us where we need to be. I am ready for '06 and looks like we may just have us a team again folks!

Capers does have a wife. McNair actually named one of his race horses after her.

Texan Asylum
01-26-2006, 12:36 PM
This is as exciting as when I first heard the Texans was born when I was in Iowa. Good thing the Mrs got fixed or else kid #6 would be on it's way in 10 months. Hum, right about time we'll be looking at a good run at the playoffs!!:redtowel:

TexanAddict
01-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Why is it that none of the media types present had the piece of mind to ask what his initial thoughts were about our o-line or defensive situations? These are more pressing concerns than the current Reggie/Vince over-analysis. McClain wasted two questions on this topic alone.

djkennedy101
01-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Its time to Start the New era in Texans football.......Kubes is the man...he's gonna make a Star out of David Carr....Can't wait till next season!!!!!:yahoo:

Texan Asylum
01-26-2006, 12:38 PM
A new Carr model for 06...The Kubillac:redtowel:

Jack Bauer
01-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Why is it that none of the media types present had the piece of mind to ask what his initial thoughts were about our o-line or defensive situations? These are more pressing concerns than the current Reggie/Vince over-analysis. McClain wasted two questions on this topic alone.

Exactly, McClain just gets on my nerves. He knew he would not answer the question today. Why waste a question. I wanted to hear more about the oline and his plans for the defense.

whiskeyrbl
01-26-2006, 12:39 PM
In the post press conference interview,Kubes was asked about the #1 pick,his reply was which ever player we take will be whats best for this team.Got the feeling we are going to use the #1 and trade down,anyone else get that feeling?:challenge

O.G.
01-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Kubiak did make it very obvious on the number#1 pick, atleast to me. Reggie Bush. Now that could change but from the interview, that's what I got out of it. When talking with Rich and David a second ago, he compared David Carr to Jake Plummer and that he really likes Carr. He also said he's going to turn him loose and be more aggressive in a phases of the game. It should be fun.

TexanAddict
01-26-2006, 12:40 PM
It also seemed that too many questions were asked regarding the QB position after Kubiak had already discussed how much he thought of Carr.

TexanAddict
01-26-2006, 12:42 PM
What else was said post-press conference?

Nawzer
01-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Congrats to Gary Kubiak and his family. By the way, Mr.McNair is on 610 right now. Anyway, everyone is happy and excited now but I'll reserve judgement until we actually start winning.

justtxyank
01-26-2006, 12:47 PM
So did we hire Sherman on the staff or not?

DRAMA
01-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Sounds like McNair is advocating an exciting, play-making type of player to add the offensive excitement back into the game?

Hmm.......

infantrycak
01-26-2006, 12:49 PM
McNair is doing everything but saying Carr is the QB as well.

SBTexans08
01-26-2006, 12:50 PM
So did we hire Sherman on the staff or not?

That's what I want to know!!!

Jack Bauer

All VY advocates out there can forget drafting Young. That Rome stuff is getting on my nerves by the way.

whiskeyrbl
I think Mcnait just tipped his hand that we are not drafting Young

Runner
Did Capers have a wife? I never heard of her or saw her.

Yes

HardKnockTexan
01-26-2006, 12:51 PM
All VY advocates out there can forget drafting Young. That Rome stuff is getting on my nerves by the way.

Whats the Rome stuff???

infantrycak
01-26-2006, 12:52 PM
McNair--"It is much more complicated than just who do you want as QB, Vincy Young or David Carr and the fans will come to realize that." This in response to one of the 610 am guys asking about the ground swell of local support for Vince Young.

Now the question is whether TN likes Cutler or Leinart better than Young.

Jack Bauer
Whats the Rome stuff???

They keep throwing in Rome clips on top of McNair speaking.

Nawzer
Mr.McNair just said that he wants to win a championship as quickly as possible. And that probably rules out Vince Young as a Texan. A lot can happen between now and then so we'll have to wait and see. Also, he said that they might trade the pick, but I think it's going to be Reggie Bush in a Texans uniform next year. Time to go watch those Bush highlights!

DRAMA
01-26-2006, 12:54 PM
My goodness!! I thought Kubes was high on Carr!!!

McNair almost sounded like he injected himself with the David Carr drug. WOW! When asked about Vince Young, he said he was happy for Vince and Texas but 'we need to be a stronger team and it needs to be as quick as possible.' He then stopped and reiterated the fact that we need to win AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Interesting..but he went ABOVE AND BEYOND gushing over David Carr.

bigTEXan8
01-26-2006, 12:56 PM

I think that you can only answer the same question over and over so many times. I'm unable to hear it, but I'm guessing if he isn't addressing it anymore, then he's tired of discussing it. Reminds me of President Bush's statement this morning.

Jack Bauer
01-26-2006, 12:57 PM
I think that you can only answer the same question over and over so many times. I'm unable to hear it, but I'm guessing if he isn't addressing it anymore, then he's tired of discussing it. Reminds me of President Bush's statement this morning.

They are making a point that Carr is the QB of the Texans. There is zero chance we draft VY.

Johnny Utah
01-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Well, I wish VY the best of luck to what ever team drafts him, but it doesn't sound like it will be the Texans.

LBC_Justin
01-26-2006, 12:58 PM
He didn't say "we aren't taking Vince Young" but he might as well have. If you heard the interview there is NO DOUBT.

1. He LOVES David Carr. Thinks he is an amazing talent. No doubt they aren't going to keep him.

2. He made the point that I and others have mentioned on these forums. And that is...If nothing else the playoffs showed us that just about EVERY single Probowl QB looked like a total chump when their team couldn't protect them. Peyton didn't look good under pressure, Brady didn't look good under pressure.That is the reality of football. If the QB isn't protected, he WILL look bad.

3. He wants to win right away. That means no Vince.

4. He certainly is willing to trade down if the deal is right. (of course the "right deal" might be a HUGE asking price.

anyone else who heard it feel free to add.

DRAMA
01-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Honestly, without passion or prejudice or regards to the #1 pick, if there was one SINGLE thing that one could take from this conference, it would be the fact that David Carr will be the QB of the Texans next year.

powerfuldragon
01-26-2006, 01:01 PM
If you heard the interview there is NO DOUBT.

1. He LOVES David Carr. Thinks he is an amazing talent. No doubt they aren't going to keep him.

2. He made the point that I and others have mentioned on these forums. And that is...If nothing else the playoffs showed us that just about EVERY single Probowl QB looked like a total chump when their team couldn't protect them. Peyton didn't look good under pressure, Brady didn't look good under pressure.That is the reality of football. If the QB isn't protected, he WILL look bad.

4. He certainly is willing to trade down if the deal is right. (of course the "right deal" might be a HUGE asking price.

hooray.
/speculation

Nawzer
It certainly seems like we're sticking with David Carr but like I said on the other thread, a lot can change between now and April 29th. I don't think Gary Kubiak can make a honest judgement until he's seen tapes of VY and David Carr.

O.G.
If you heard the interview there is NO DOUBT.

Nope, you said everything I was intending to say!

Htown34s
01-26-2006, 01:03 PM
What interview are you paraphrasing from? So, McNair didn't actually state "we aren't taking VY" like the thread title implies?

Glacier
01-26-2006, 01:05 PM
well, outside of Texas, the concensus first over all pick in the draft is Reggie Bush.

That said, by making it seem as if the Texans are SOLD on taking bush, they might be able to push up the value of the pick. They have more leverage playing the Bush card IF their intent is to trade down.

bckey
01-26-2006, 01:09 PM
I think Mcnait just tipped his hand that we are not drafting Young

Or Bush. We're trading down.

Runner
01-26-2006, 01:10 PM
That should be no surprise. They've been saying all along that they were exercising Carr's option. However, many here on the board chose to hear that as we'll sign and trade Carr, or have Young as his understudy, or that they are just blowing smoke.

Texan Asylum
01-26-2006, 01:11 PM
I don't think Gary Kubiak can make a honest judgement until he's seen tapes of VY and David Carr.
If I were about to embark on a new store to manage, BEFORE I took over I'd be looking at what my main people would be and any possible options. Trust me, on his own time he's been looking at tape...not legally perhaps but none the less he's been looking. I think he knows already what the game plan is...just gotta get all the pieces in place.IMO

LBC_Justin
01-26-2006, 01:14 PM
What interview are you paraphrasing from? So, McNair didn't actually state "we aren't taking VY" like the thread title implies?No he didn't say those exact words. But he might as well have.

chall8
01-26-2006, 01:14 PM
In the same interview he said that if they had a great offer from another team that they would consider trading the pick.

I agree that he did sound pretty high on David Carr, but as another poster said there are still 3 months to go and a lot can happen.

Shoot, after he watches a little more tape of our defense he might decide that trading the pick is the ONLY option!

whiskeyrbl
01-26-2006, 01:17 PM
I agree that it is obvious we are stickimg with Carr.Now on the Drafts #1 pick,i think McNair tipped his hand that VY is not in our future,But as to what we will do i got two different feelings depending on who actully has the last word.Kubes made it sound as he will use the pick to get a playmaker when he said "Whoever we take with the first pick will be for the best of the team",then McNair said later that if the terms were right they could possibly trade down.

tulexan
01-26-2006, 01:19 PM
He and Charley have always been saying that they would be willing to trade the pick if they were offered the right deal. But they aren't going to give it away. It will have to be an offer they can't refuse. I don't think they are going to get that offer. The teams that might trade up to get Reggie Bush have just as many holes that we do and the draft is loaded with good RB's this year. The Jets could stay where they are and pick LenDale White or DeAngelo Williams if they are desperate for a top echelon RB. Or they could draft someone else in the first round and then take Calhoun, Drew, or Norwood in the second round.

bckey
01-26-2006, 01:23 PM
I think McNair and Kubiak made it as clear as they possibly could without saying it out right that the Texans will not be drafting Vince Young. I think this is to prepare the masses 3 months ahead of the draft so it won't be such a shock. I hope we trade down.

tulexan
01-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Rich Lord is probably on suicide watch right now.

Texan Asylum
01-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Kubiaks press conf... 01-26-2006 12:53 PM
Negative rep I got for my post about my wife getting fixed and not having kids anymore...WE joke about that stuff all the time. Some people are just too sensitive to stuff they shouldn't be and NOT sensitive enough to things they should!

DRAMA
01-26-2006, 01:27 PM

As Curly Bill said to Wyatt, "Well.....bye!"

Rich is a tool....

Runner
01-26-2006, 01:31 PM
I think McNair and Kubiak made it as clear as they possibly could without saying it out right that the Texans will not be drafting Vince Young. I think this is to prepare the masses 3 months ahead of the draft so it won't be such a shock. I hope we trade down.

Yep. The organization has repeatedly said we are resigning Carr. People insisted on interpreting it different ways. Only draft day will end all the speculation.

LCOOL
01-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Or Bush. We're trading down.
The question will be can Carr improve and lead this offense, we just hav to wait and see?

Glacier
01-26-2006, 01:35 PM
well, i do have to admit it is disappointing that the Texans Staff will continue wtih Carr and not draft Leinhart or Young, though, I'm sure the Carr loyalists will be happy to hear that.

the good news about the decision to not take Young is, now there will be quite a bit less interest in The Texans thus allow the Houstonian Haters their message boards back.

Unfortunately for you Texans, This Cowboys fan will still be frequenting these message boards for a while longer. I'm still interested in what Kubiak, as a coach, will do. See, more often than not, I am a fan of coaches over players. I like the strategy aspect of football, perhaps moreso as time goes on and the talent gaps between NFL teams closes. More and more parity is a reality in the NFL and good coaching becomes most important to winning.

That is not to say that I do not have players who I cheer for despite their team. Vince Young will be one of those players. Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Larry Allen, Marshall Faulk, Earl Campbell, Warren Moon, Emmitt Smith and Jay Novacheck were amoung my other favorate players in the past. (notice a little Cowboys and Oilers bias there)

Will Kubiak be considered a "Wizard" like Bilichick? Will he salvage Carr's career? Will he be shown the door for betting his caeer on Carr? Will Reggie Bush come to the Texans?

There is still reason to be interested in the Texans as a Texas Football Fan, though admittedly so, quite a lot less buzz.

As far as coaches go, my faves at the moment are Parcells, Bilichick, Shannahan, Chucky and Denny Green. I am GREATLY interested in what Kubiak will be able to do in Texas.

LCOOL
01-26-2006, 01:41 PM
well, i do have to admit it is disappointing that the Texans Staff will continue wtih Carr and not draft Leinhart or Young, though, I'm sure the Carr loyalists will be happy to hear that.

the good news about the decision to not take Young is, now there will be quite a bit less interest in The Texans thus allow the Houstonian Haters their message boards back.

Unfortunately for you Texans, This Cowboys fan will still be frequenting these message boards for a while longer. I'm still interested in what Kubiak, as a coach, will do. See, more often than not, I am a fan of coaches over players. I like the strategy aspect of football, perhaps moreso as time goes on and the talent gaps between NFL teams closes. More and more parity is a reality in the NFL and good coaching becomes most important to winning.

That is not to say that I do not have players who I cheer for despite their team. Vince Young will be one of those players. Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Larry Allen, Marshall Faulk, Earl Campbell, Warren Moon, Emmitt Smith and Jay Novacheck were amoung my other favorate players in the past. (notice a little Cowboys and Oilers bias there)

Will Kubiak be considered a "Wizard" like Bilichick? Will he salvage Carr's career? Will he be shown the door for betting his caeer on Carr? Will Reggie Bush come to the Texans?

There is still reason to be interested in the Texas as a Texas Football Fan, though admittedly so, quite a lot less buzz.

As far as coaches go, my faves at the moment are Parcells, Bilichick, Shannahan, Chucky and Denny Green. I am GREATLY interested in what Kubiak will be able to do in Texas.
Whats wrong with being a cowbay and texans fan?

Texans2005
01-26-2006, 01:48 PM
THE FAMOUS TRIPLETS: Aikman, Smith and Irving

THE NEXT FAMOUS TRIPLETS: Carr, Bush, and Johnson

:yahoo:

Glacier
01-26-2006, 01:49 PM

Well, I can't honestly say that I am a Texans fan. In the past, the Oilers had guys that you cheered for and you wanted to see do well. Individual players that elevated the team as a whole like, Moon or Campbell....

The only guy I can honestly say that I cheer for and REALLY dig on the Texans team right now is Dominack Davis. (never was much of a Carr enthusist).

I'm hope the Texans do well and end up with that "franchise player" who will give the team an identity and soon, whether it is Bush or Carr.

that said, other than the speculation and the buzz that has surrounded the franchise lately, there really hasn't been much reason to be excited or interested in the Texans if you are not a native houstonian or from the houston area.

it would be nice if the hype and interest continued and maybe it will with Kubiak here turning things around.

Meloy
01-26-2006, 01:52 PM

I'm not surprised. McNAir said a long time ago what ever it costs to get a good coaching staff.:)

bigTEXan8
01-26-2006, 01:54 PM

Isn't that like being a OU fan and being a UT fan?

texanfan2002114
01-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Capers does have a wife. McNair actually named one of his race horses after her.

Capers wife's name is Karen and the name of McNair's race horse is Karen's Caper. Just some info.

Glacier
01-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Isn't that like being a OU fan and being a UT fan?

uhh no?

FILO_girl
01-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Negative rep I got for my post about my wife getting fixed and not having kids anymore...WE joke about that stuff all the time. Some people are just too sensitive to stuff they shouldn't be and NOT sensitive enough to things they should!

Don't sweat it dude. This rep system is so high school and alot of us either mock it (like I did when I was ridin' the pine) or ignore it.

You and your wife sound like me and my hubby. We have 5 kids too and I am fixed. Good thing too, this kind of news could cause triplets. :yahoo:
We joke like that all the time at my house. You're OK in my book. :)

FILO_girl
01-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Capers wife's name is Karen and the name of McNair's race horse is Karen's Caper. Just some info.

THAT's right. I had forgot about that.
I blame the blonde highlights. Thanks for the reminder. :redtowel:

Meloy
01-26-2006, 02:03 PM
If so many of you are convinced VY is not going to be the pick, could this be subterfuge to increase Carr's value in a trade? I just can not understand why the Texans would even hint at what they were thinking of doing. Casserly has always played it close.

Errant Hothy
01-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Remember teh ESPN commercials that siad "Without sports, this would be disgusting" and if had the couple muggin down on teh coach. One was wearing a Michigan shirt teh other an Ohio State shirt?

Change that to a Cowboy shirt and a Texan shirt, and you know what? It's still disgusting.

Texan Asylum
01-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Don't sweat it dude. This rep system is so high school and alot of us either mock it (like I did when I was ridin' the pine) or ignore it.

You and your wife sound like me and my hubby. We have 5 kids too and I am fixed. Good thing too, this kind of news could cause triplets. :yahoo:
We joke like that all the time at my house. You're OK in my book. :)
Thanks Filo, you would think after what posters have been through on this board there would be a little thicker skin covering them than that. Heck someone made a joke about my son and his Texans coat and I didn't respond like that. Just figured he didn't have kids so he wouldn't know what I was talking about anyway.

infantrycak
01-26-2006, 02:05 PM
If so many of you are convinced VY is not going to be the pick, could this be subterfuge to increase Carr's value in a trade? I just can not understand why the Texans would even hint at what they were thinking of doing. Casserly has always played it close.

Well one plausible explanation is the Texans, particularly McNair and Kubiack, are throroughly comfortable with Carr and part of the process of rehabilitating him is showing confidence in him.

TexanAddict
01-26-2006, 02:06 PM

I actually tend to think of it more along the lines, as others have stated, of them trying to break it to the public gradually and gently.

Yankee_In_TX
01-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by non natural texan
Vince Young has counted to infinity. Twice

Let's not steal Chuck Norrisisms.

Texan Asylum
01-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Good point Infantrycak. BTW what does your name mean anyway...just curious.

WWJD
01-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Remember teh ESPN commercials that siad "Without sports, this would be disgusting" and if had the couple muggin down on teh coach. One was wearing a Michigan shirt teh other an Ohio State shirt?

Change that to a Cowboy shirt and a Texan shirt, and you know what? It's still disgusting.

Well you must really despise me then. I'm a huge fan of both teams.

Kubiak is a great coach. I'm gonna be sorry if Vince is not gonna be the pick but that's what the tone seems to be. If he goes to the Titans it's gonna be fun around here. Well more fun than usual.

Keldar
01-26-2006, 02:12 PM

This could always be the case in the world of the NFL, especially when the "riverboat gambler" is involved.

Errant Hothy
01-26-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't despise anyone, now I do find it odd and I question you mental health :D.

Glacier
01-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Well you must really despise me then. I'm a huge fan of both teams.

Kubiak is a great coach. I'm gonna be sorry if Vince is not gonna be the pick but that's what the tone seems to be. If he goes to the Titans it's gonna be fun around here. Well more fun than usual.

o man.....VY better NOT go to the Titans and beat the Texans.....I'll get hella hate points if that happens. :drool: :redtowel:

Meloy
01-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Well one plausible explanation is the Texans, particularly McNair and Kubiack, are throroughly comfortable with Carr and part of the process of rehabilitating him is showing confidence in him.

Good point. I just do not think Carr is shell shocked. I think he will be as excited by the coaching change as are we.

Texan Asylum
01-26-2006, 02:17 PM
I myself find it rather fun to joke at the expense of a Cowboy fan or a Bronco fan. It's nothing personal, just good fanmanship. Now if I liked both teams it sure wouldn't be fun especially when it comes to training my kids who the REAL teams are.:) :) :)

Wharton
01-26-2006, 02:18 PM

It Aggie and never!!!!

Wolf
01-26-2006, 02:27 PM

Not sure what his name means, but I have hear people using the phrase PEBCAK in the tech support field when fielding questions.. A PEBCAK error means Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard..

I have wondered if infantry's name had something along those lines (not saying Infantry is a Pebcak) :spy:

infantrycak
01-26-2006, 02:28 PM

Infantry just refers to having been an 11 bravo--infantryman in the Army and cak are my initials. Someone who never posted on the MB to my knowledge had taken infantry.

WWJD
01-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I don't despise anyone, now I do find it odd and I question you mental health :D.

Yea I get you. I was just razzing you. I'm treated very kindly on here...no complaints.

My mental health has been in question for some years. :)

Wolf
01-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Infantry just refers to having been an 11 bravo--infantryman in the Army and cak are my initials. Someone who never posted on the MB to my knowledge had taken infantry.

boy was I off. one thing came to mind is you liked to play Black Hawk down or a game like that so you were infantry between chair and Keyboard :cool:

WWJD
01-26-2006, 02:33 PM
o man.....VY better NOT go to the Titans and beat the Texans.....I'll get hella hate points if that happens. :drool: :redtowel:

From all I've read and heard New Orleans is expected to take Leinart.....which leaves the Titans to take Vince and I cannot recollect where I saw it but I saw a quote by Coach Fisher and he was very pro-Vince and I know Vince is friends with McNair and so on and so forth.

Of course changes could happen with a trade but it'd certainly be great message board fodder for Vince to become a Titan.

I won't go on...it's too painful to think about.

texanmojo
01-26-2006, 02:33 PM

I'm not surprised. McNAir said a long time ago what ever it costs to get a good coaching staff.:)

Perfect...taking one for the team! I spit up my drink when I saw this... :fans:

Double Barrel
01-26-2006, 02:39 PM
They keep throwing in Rome clips on top of McNair speaking.

Sounds really professional...NOT! Pretty lame, IMO. Typical for 610, though.

Anyone have access to an entire transcript of the press conference? I didn't get to hear any of it.

bigTEXan8
01-26-2006, 02:46 PM
It certainly seems like we're sticking with David Carr but like I said on the other thread, a lot can change between now and April 29th. I don't think Gary Kubiak can make a honest judgement until he's seen tapes of VY and David Carr.

Now let me ask you this. Are you going to look at the tapes of DC being chased around the field, having the krap kicked out of him? Are you going to watch the tapes of VY playing against a bunch of lousy D's and having all day to pass without a care in the world? You can't make an honest judgement by looking at those tapes. In respect to college and professional football, VY was in the best possible situation. DC is the exact opposite. No way you can make an honest depiction/judgement using those tapes, or any tapes for that matter. JMO.

Texan Asylum
01-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Well, you would qualify as a true American Hero in my opinion. Thanks for your service and if you have any friends still serving that can use some pen-pals please send a message with there names ect, and my family and I would be tickled to write.

TheOgre
01-26-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't have an issue with someone rooting for the Cowboys and Texans. However, if you are from Houston, this franchise better be your favorite.

U4ikrob
01-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Well, I can't honestly say that I am a Texans fan....

I think you should have stopped there as it begs the question - Why exactly are you here posting on the Texans board since your "Not" a fan... :confused:

that said, other than the speculation and the buzz that has surrounded the franchise lately, there really hasn't been much reason to be excited or interested in the Texans if you are not a native houstonian or from the houston area.

it would be nice if the hype and interest continued and maybe it will with Kubiak here turning things around.

Believe it or not - there are Texan fans outside of the state. I know several including friends of mine in Canada and Ohio.

As for being excited about the team - I guess having Pro-bowl players and performances are not Note,Hype and Cheer worthy to you? I guess we should just trade Andre Johnson, Domanick Davis, Gary Walker, Dunta Robinson and Jerome Mathis because there performances are not worth cheering for?

You must really hate this team then eh???

Believe it or not up until this past year the fervor and excitement about the team was pretty high along with expecatations for the team including DC. Everyone pretty much league wide thought we were going to make the next step and go to the playoffs this past year - But honestly I fault Management/Coaching for most of that and for dragging the Texans down with them this year. I would say the "Hype" your talking about picked back up from last year and beyond because of our draft status. Had the team actualy improved upon last years record like was predicted for most well built teams - we would likely not even be talking now because you would be talking on whomevers board would be getting the #1 pick instead of us.

Honestly i'm not worried about hype or interest levels - Wins change everyones attitude regardless. Just the same as losses do. Nobody really lieks to cheer for the losing team do they?? But if the team starts winning - People will come around even some of those who may be "Dissapointed" in whom we draft this year.

Go Texans :redtowel:

Wolf
01-26-2006, 03:11 PM
http://www.texansrock.com/tracker

this message board has some photos if anyone is interested of the press conference

Bronco Texan
01-26-2006, 03:33 PM
I think RB and VY are overrated as it is. For our team needs I'd trade the pick away and try and get some DL and OL help. I'm still in favor for trading it to the Jets for this year and next year 1st rounders and Jon Abrahamn.

BREAZE
01-26-2006, 04:24 PM

I would keep John McLain nearby as well.

I think if they can get a SOLID O-line in 2 years for Bush they will take it in a second...if not then Bush will keep the Texan cap on all day during draft day. Either way we improve...

dat_boy_yec
01-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Ok, did anybody notice R.C. Slocum was in attendance. Does anybody think he might land a consulting gig for the 3-4? Should I start worrying about my mental health? Seeing things where there's nothing.

The tech
01-26-2006, 09:49 PM
I don't have an issue with someone rooting for the Cowboys and Texans. However, if you are from Houston, this franchise better be your favorite.
Grew up in Dallas, When Jerry Jones took over & fired Tom Landry, I was a TEXAS team fan. Back in the days of the Luv ya Blue! I have a Texas team to root for again & will back em to the end. Now, that being said, when the Oiler's moved from Texas, The city of Houston let that happen. I do not wanna see them leave again. I hope Jerry Jones Dies a painfull death

WWJD
01-26-2006, 09:52 PM

Not from Houston. Never lived in Houston. Like Houston though and their teams. Well all Texas teams really.