PDA

View Full Version : BJ is officially gone

sprtsfanatic
01-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Dont know if its been posted, but KFFL has that the Bears have signed BJ Symmons to a deal...guess there is a slot open for a qb on our roster!! J/k, but it weird they signed BJ when they have two young qb's to work with....makes you wonder...:confused:

Mario Williams
01-22-2006, 12:40 AM
What? Who is BJ?

sprtsfanatic
01-22-2006, 12:43 AM
I hope your kidding....

Mario Williams
01-22-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm a new Texans fan.

texan279
01-22-2006, 12:45 AM
I hope your kidding....

LOL. In all honesty, I don't see how BJ could be any worse than Grossman or Orton. Neither one looked great this season.

Texandiver
01-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Dont know if its been posted, but KFFL has that the Bears have signed BJ Symmons to a deal...guess there is a slot open for a qb on our roster!! J/k, but it weird they signed BJ when they have two young qb's to work with....makes you wonder...:confused:

I do believe BJ wasn't on the Texans roster at all this year.

sprtsfanatic
01-22-2006, 12:54 AM
True, but Grossman was hurt most of the year and when he came back he had a huge impact on their offense....so its still a weird move in my opinion.

sprtsfanatic
01-22-2006, 12:55 AM
I do believe BJ wasn't on the Texans roster at all this year.

are you sure...i thought he just became a FA after this season ended...??? I could be wrong..

Hookem Horns
01-22-2006, 02:12 AM
I'm a new Texans fan.

I would have never guessed. So if the Texans don't draft Bush are we to assume you will be a fan of the team that does instead?

Corrosion
01-22-2006, 03:00 AM
What? Who is BJ?

BJ Simmons was a QB from Texas Tech ..... was on the injured list for the whole season .

ArlingtonTexan
01-22-2006, 10:38 AM
BJ symmons from Texas Tech was drafted by the Texans before the 2004 season spent that year on some version of the injuried list. He was cut by the Texans before the 2005 and until now no one had picked him up. He is not currently any type of "competition" for any QB in Chicago. He is trying to make the squad. I would not be suprised to see him alocated to NFL Europe.

A general note most teams pick up one or two long-shot free agent QBs during the off-season.

Erratic Assassin
01-22-2006, 11:38 AM
What? Who is BJ?

He was our 4th string QB from TT with the frosted lettuce. I'm pretty sure he was also enjoyed dancing in unison with his boy band like O-Town or the Meaty Cheesy Boys.

http://www.meatycheesyboys.com/

EJ- the shy one
The other EJ- the All-American one
TK= the exotic one
JT- the tough one
BJ- the pretty boy

Hottoddie
01-22-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm still pissed that we wasted a draft pick on him when Jordan Carstens was still on the board &, ultimately, went undrafted. Carstens, for those that don't know, is the starting right DT on the 3rd best defensive team in the NFL (Carolina Panthers). And, he has a shot at going to the Super Bowl. :brickwall

I still believe in Casserly, but he really blew that one.

Kaiser Toro
01-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Hasta la vista BJ and take Bear with you.

Hottoddie
01-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Carstens is a reserve. He is in because Pro Bowler Kris Jenkins is out.

Jenkins might be the starter when he comes back, but he's only played in 5 games in the last 2 years. Carstens has started 17 of the 18 games played this year on the #3 defensive team in the entire NFL. To me, that makes him a starter & serious contributor. Unless, of course, you're going to claim the team's been carrying him.

BradK10
01-22-2006, 02:05 PM
LOL. In all honesty, I don't see how BJ could be any worse than Grossman or Orton. Neither one looked great this season.

You have got to be kidding. Rex Grossman is 10 times the QB BJ "Shocker" Symons is

mancunian
01-22-2006, 02:14 PM

I'd agree with you about Orton - the jury is out on Grossman who missed something like 13 games with injury.