PDA

View Full Version : Weird Trade Option I Ran Across....

uteric3232
01-20-2006, 10:32 PM
I saw this on another message board, kind of interesting. Take Bush #1, and then trade David Carr and a draft pick to the Titans for the #3 pick. Then you could possibly have Bush and Young in the same backfield. Now I have no clue about salary cap or any other situations which might make this impossible, but that could be scary in 3 years, Bush and Young doing their think for the Texans.

While this seems like it could be great, I dont think I would want to see it. I would like to see some wins, and soon. I would hate to start all over with a new QB and a new RB. This would never happen, but thats what message boards are good for, dreams. Young & Bush :drool:

BeerFan
01-20-2006, 10:55 PM
yeah i was kicking this idea around on an astros message board not too long ago. i think the jets also might bite at #4 in case the saints dont take it.

MorKnolle
01-20-2006, 11:22 PM
That would create some serious cap problems for us, and I don't want to wait around for 3 years for Vince to become a good QB, if nothing else I think getting Bush and then fixing up the rest of the offense around David Carr would be scary by the end of next season.

YodAa
01-20-2006, 11:26 PM
that would never happen. No team would trade us their 1st for Carr. He hasn't proved anything.

Johnny Utah
01-21-2006, 12:03 AM
If we were to trade Carr and Andre Johnson we MAY be able to get the Titans 3rd pick in the draft.

Nighthawk
01-21-2006, 12:07 AM
I don't want to wait around for 3 years for Vince to become a good QB,

I say two years for Vince, never happen for Carr.

texan279
01-21-2006, 02:38 AM
This talk of trading Carr, now Andre Johnson, and now the talk of trying to get Bush and Young is just...nevermind....:crazy:

ccdude730
01-21-2006, 02:48 AM
heres an unlikely scenario, but one i wouldnt mind see play out.

everyone says we trade down with the jets. ok - done. could we trade down again to 6 maybe and get some extra picks (2nd - 3rd this year or next)? i doubt the packers or jets would be eyeing d'brick (assuming thats who our eyes are on)

BeerFan
01-21-2006, 05:25 AM
its tough to say who'll take what until after the combine, to be honest

Johnny Utah
01-21-2006, 06:08 PM
This talk of trading Carr, now Andre Johnson, and now the talk of trying to get Bush and Young is just...nevermind....:crazy:

Just merely stating what it would take to get the #3 pick in the draft, not saying that I would do it.

YodAa
01-21-2006, 06:38 PM
why would we trade Andre? Are we aiming to become total crap?

texplayer2
01-21-2006, 10:44 PM
I saw this on another message board, kind of interesting. Take Bush #1, and then trade David Carr and a draft pick to the Titans for the #3 pick. Then you could possibly have Bush and Young in the same backfield. Now I have no clue about salary cap or any other situations which might make this impossible, but that could be scary in 3 years, Bush and Young doing their think for the Texans.

While this seems like it could be great, I dont think I would want to see it. I would like to see some wins, and soon. I would hate to start all over with a new QB and a new RB. This would never happen, but thats what message boards are good for, dreams. Young & Bush :drool:

If they were looking that way.:pigfly: I think the Titans might if they got Carr and the #1 next year. That would save the cap on a #1 next year, since we wouldn't have one. Might even require throwing in a late rnd pick this year.:twocents: (Open Mind):)

beerlover
01-22-2006, 12:33 AM
"you're really weird" Charlie & the choclate factory-

texan279
01-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Just merely stating what it would take to get the #3 pick in the draft, not saying that I would do it.

My point was we would more than likely not get the #3 pick for AJ and Carr. Neither was spectacular last season and both are getting paid big bucks.

threetoedpete
01-22-2006, 02:29 AM
Then you could possibly have Bush and Young in the same backfield. Now I have no clue about salary cap or any other situations (....)

I'm just guessing also, but I imagine you're looking at north of 90 million for the pair. I wonder how much Furgeson or Hawk's gonna bring ? Long way till April.